L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
13 - 15 West Street
London, WC2H 9NENeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 02070108600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Xavier Boyer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Shaftesbury Avenue
- Public Transit:
Leicester Square, Northern & Piccadilly lines
Covent Garden, Piccadilly line
Tottenham Court Road, Central & Northern lines
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Monday - Saturday evening from 18:00, our doorman would be happy assist with valet parking. It is charge at the rate of £20.00 per car and to be paid directly to the doorman in cash.
A word from L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon restaurant in London’s West Street near Covent Garden is one hot dining experience. From the stable of Joel Robuchon, holder of 26 Michelin stars, L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon brings stunning Spanish and Japanese-inflected French cooking to the capital. The ground floor L’Atelier, chic red and black minimalism, is where you perch on high stools and admire the chefs in the theatre kitchen cooking tiny, beautiful dishes of intense flavour, served sushi-style. The first floor La Cuisine offers equally marvellous cooking in a bright, monochrome space with traditional seating. Dishes include divine pig trotter on parmesan toast, mini burger with beef and foie gras, mackerel on thin tart with Parmesan shavings and olives, and magical puddings like chartreuse soufflé. The wines are of the highest order, as is the service. L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon is celeb central and foodie heaven all in one terrific West End location.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon reviews from OpenTable diners
362 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (220)fit for foodies (198)romance (159)pre/post theatre (149)business meals (107)sunday lunch (37)good vegetarian options (30)outstanding value (30)brunch (19)group bookings (18)afternoon tea (4)disabled access (3)outdoor eating (3)child friendly (2)Show More
- fantasticqueenieDined on 17/10/2014The food here is sublime and the service is wonderful. I have eaten lunch here twice but always been put in the downstairs bar. Does that mean that the upstairs restaurant is never open for lunch I wonder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatGoodpubgrubDined on 15/10/2014I booked this as a birthday treat for my husband's birthday prior to a theatre outing. I couldn't have chosen a better venue. We had a wonderful time. The staff were delightful, the ambience was perfect and the food was delicious..... And the play was great! A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I am not visiting restaurants that often; but when I do I expect great service, in a rather nice atmosphere. Of course, I hope the food to be outstanding all the time. The restaurant exceeded my expectations on ambience, food (which was outstanding) and services. I decided to go there for my sister's birthday, and will definitively bring more family members whenever possible.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experience!Stroker28VIPDined on 5/10/2014Awesome food. Great service. Knowledgeable staff. I would recommend sitting at the bar for an opportunity to watch the kitchen in operation. In between courses I enjoyed watching the chefs at work on amazing dishes. Enjoyable experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!foodfanaticDined on 4/10/2014I have never been to a restaurant like it. It was my other halts birthday, so I thought I would treat her to a nice meal and did not expect what we received. The service was outstanding, a lovely romantic vibe mixed with a truly outstanding selection of fine food really made the experience worth while. I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone and plan on going again very soon. Thankyou to all that work there (especially the amazing chefs) that made the evening as outstanding as it was.Special Features:
- Lunch at Joel RobuchonSohoDined on 3/10/2014We enjoyed Joel Robuchon in London as we always do, especially after our visit to the original restaurant in Paris last June, which came as a disappointment to us both in quality of food and value for money for the set menu: Robuchon in London is so much better! Exquisite food in small portions and the option with matching wines is just fantastic! Robuchon stays one of our favourites in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- claireBunnyDined on 27/9/2014We had an amazing 4 course lunch sitting at the bar in from tot the kitchen at L'atelier. The food was delicious the ambience was great, (once your eyes adjust to the red and black and the slight darkness that brings). We finished off with coffee on the roof terrace which was a lovely end to a delightful lunch. We would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.
- Will definitely return.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/9/2014Excellent food and service. Energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- themarquesDined on 15/9/2014robuchon is exceptional in terms of its food and service. The dishes are delicious and the staff attentive.Special Features:
- L'AtelierDinerVIPDined on 13/9/2014Always enjoy eating at L'Atelier. Food is superb and service is friendly and efficient. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre theatreKiraVIPDined on 11/9/2014We booked to see a musical at the West End, and decided to return to this restaurant. Last time I visited L'Atelier was a client dinner two years ago. Although I was seated on the ground floor around a bar, the service was still very good. The manager was very chatty and brought a few laughs to us. I had no doubt food will be good, and it was nearly perfect. Definitely one to go for again for pre-theatre meals at the West End !Special Features:
- Good, but....T4FoodDined on 7/9/2014Atmosphere - Dark, moody with a bit of welcome. Seating not ideal. One of us had the "watch the action" as is their claim to fame. I was subjected to employees chatter on a nearby phone and staring into a giant red apple, effectively blocking any view except seeing the disposal of plates. Food - very good, as expected after dining in their Singapore restaurant. The 5 course tasting had perfect proportions, creative handling of unexpected ingredients and well matched wines for our from a charming sommelier. Service - Good, if sporadic. A few communication issues and the party next to us were former employees who kept multiple people busy while our service suffered. The Singapore location set the bar high. Unfortunately, London missed.Special Features:
- Outstanding!RochDined on 28/8/2014A wonderful evening spent at L'Atelier; the table set up around the kitchen gives you a more "hands on" experience; Good Value. finsihed off by thanking Executive Head Chef Xavier personally.Special Features:
- Good, not great.ChillymonkeyDined on 27/8/2014The place is nice, the food is good, and the service is too notch. But for the price I really expected more inventiveness and excitement in the food. It was good, no question, but I wasn't blown away.Special Features:
- ilovelucyDined on 26/8/2014The food was fabulous. The staff are charming and added to a very memorable evening. My stereotypical view of aloof French waiters has been turned on its head. I'll be back and bring more friends. Merci beau coup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'AtelierDinerVIPDined on 24/8/2014Really enjoyed our meal. The food was fantastic and the service was attentive and friendly. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value.OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 24/8/2014Good solid french foods, but nothing extraordinary. Fast and efficient service. Yuzu pisco was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not excellentNiftyNoshingsDined on 23/8/2014We had a pre theatre dinner at L'Atelier and left satisfied if a little underwhelmed. Both of us had the 4 course option and unfortunately none of our choices had the wow factor you should be able to epxect. Some dishes (Crispy poached egg starter / Ox Cheek) were better than others (Open Ravioli / Lobster Conchiglioni). Some staff could have been friendlier but overall service was efficient and not intrusive. We did not feel rushed either. Our request for seats at the counter overooking the open kitchen was fulfilled which we appreciated lots. Would we go again? Probably yes. The standard menu did look very enticing and deserves a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectVince1Dined on 23/8/2014As always the food was excellent and the waiters are so attentive. This truly is one of the best places to eat in LondonSpecial Features:
- Lunch at L'Atelier de Joel RobuchonSGLUVIPDined on 15/8/2014What an amazing venue! You truly feel like a VIP as soon as you arrive. There was so much on the menu and we ended up having the set menu which is great value and so yummy! They matched the wines to the food and it was superbly done. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalhejhejDined on 12/8/2014Wonderful ambiance, fantastic service and amazing food. Add the perfectly matched wine pairings and we had an evening to remember. One of the best.Special Features:
- The best RobuchonqualitynotquantityDined on 11/8/2014I've been to Robuchon restaurants around the globe (Tokyo, Paris, Singapore etc etc) , but their London restaurant is my favourite. It is great that you can see the kitchen from GF counter. It is a specutacular and you can see how much love and care are given to their food. And they do not serve El-Buli-ish mad-scientist food (I love those food but not that often) - that makes me return to this place again and again. Only one thing - they should change their music selection. I do not need Mozart but neither a selection from KISS FM... perhaps some Jazz?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best desert ever!AnnaDined on 10/8/2014Yes the food was great but the chocolate desert was out of this world. Absolutely epic. Service was top standard apart from the extremely chatty waiter while paying the bill. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joel Robuchon JoyJerryrgillDined on 7/8/2014We had a fantastic meal here for my birthday. The food was fabulous and the service excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant ,beautiful dayRFRoversDined on 5/8/2014That's fabulous day, superb service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Anniversary Meal.TOTALLY WORTH ££££Foodie123Dined on 3/8/2014I dont know why people are complaining. Was apprehensive reading some Tripadvisor comments but from start to finish, service was absolutely unassuming which complimented the standard of their food. I have dined in various big establishments and unfortunately, I feel deterred from going back due to their snooty attitude and/or MIC/TOWIE crowd and/or takeaway standard food. Sexy decor and every dish is a piece of art. Portions are small yet very very fulfilling. BEST ANNIVERSARY DINNER! Robuchon, I will be back!! Probably for lunch so that I can take better pictures ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treatAnonDined on 27/7/2014Wonderful food, impeccable service and attention to detail, lovely (if dark) environment and upstairs terrace - a great choice for a celebratory lunch, though without the prix fixe would likely be very costly!Special Features:
- Great Value meal + matching winesDarrenDined on 26/7/2014Great Value meal + matching wines, would definitely go again!
- Outstanding placeNadineDined on 24/7/2014Place is amazing and we had the best culinary experience ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not good valuegilrogersDined on 23/7/2014Always a risk in choosing where to eat from overseas based on the internet, but this place did not meet our value for the money criteria.Special Features:
- Joyeux JoeldinebomberDined on 23/7/2014Pre-theatre menu TT very good value; tasty food, well presented and oven-hot where appropriate, with lovely amuse-bouche and breads. Wine list could do with 2/3 in £20-25 range at which point it would be exceptional value and experience.Special Features:
- A huge disappointmentNH2005Dined on 21/7/2014Unfortunately we were not very lucky with the pre theatre menu. Starter: Sauteed baby squid salad: very oily, Main: suckling pig: incredibly salty, Dessert: chocolate something: very sweet and heavy. All the food was just not very well balanced. Too oily, too salty, too sweet-not what one would expect from a fine dining restaurant. We had the feeling there were just chefs in training in the kitchen who clearly haven't learnt how to balance flavours. The wine by the glass is totally overpriced. They add 13% service-never seen before in London. We are into fine dining and have been to wonderful restaurants but we have never had such a disappointing experience. No idea what went wrong but as there were just 4 other guests it speaks for itself.Special Features:
- excellent food in lovely spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/7/2014The food was great and varied--though the portions tend to be very small. Lovely space though the counter seating (I was on the ground floor) seemed a little cramped for some couples who were sitting close by. I had a corner so had a bit more room. Delicious wine pairings but again very small pours. Overall worth the large bill--especially for the very high quality of the ingredients and the exceptional flavors.Special Features:
- CharlieVIPDined on 20/7/2014Absolutely loved it, once we got past the receptionists, who were not friendly and would not let us go to the table unless we agreed to the A La carte menu, instead of the Open Table offer, since we were exactly 15 minutes late - could not find any parking. thereafter, excellent service, outstanding food and no complaints whatsoever. Will definitely visit again, soon!Special Features:
- A great prix fix menuBM40Dined on 20/7/2014Superb set menu.. every choice was something I wanted to eat. Coupled with good, friendly service it made for a thoroughly enjoyable meal. We'll be back soonSpecial Features:
- Good service, average food.EasyEaterDined on 20/7/2014Came with high expectations given all its hype and left rather disappointed. Started with lunch at the cramped seating space at the bar overlooking the kitchen and moved to the lounge area (which has sad, outdated decor) for drinks as it was getting too warm and uncomfortable to finish dessert and drinks at the bar. The standard of food was above the average fare you can find in central London but it is nowhere close to being top-tier. Perhaps I was spoilt by the standard set by Roux at The Landau having dined there the day before, but I expected more from this place for the price I was paying. Had a pisco sour cocktail and it was kinda bland. Service was warm, friendly and attentive. Doubt I would be back for seconds.Special Features:
- Let them chooseABRDNGYDined on 19/7/2014A delicious pre-theatre dinner. Just a shame we couldn't have spent longer to really longer and enjoy the food. The menu has so much, probably too much, that we couldn't decide. So we just left the entire meal selection th them. Same for the wine. It was amazing. And probably better than had we chosen each course ourselves!Special Features:
- Great food matched by great servicePhilipDined on 19/7/2014We thought the food was great and the staff were some of the best in a restaurant of this type - helpful, not condescending, attentive but not in your face, really seemed to enjoy their job. The sommelier's wine choices were interesting and really enjoyable - and well-explained if requested.Special Features:
- 2nd Visit, 1st with familyAnonDined on 18/7/2014I had visited in 2011 and found the restaurant to be outstanding with impeccable service. I had the opportunity to come back and bring the family for a special occasion however left a little disappointed. The food is still amazing but most frustrating issue was the drop in service, which is what makes the place so special. We had ordered our meal with pairing wines, and for the main course we were all given white when one of the party had ordered beef. The Sommelier did not recognise this error until it was highlighted to them by us. In addition one main course was served several minutes later than the rest which left the other food getting cold. Small details make big differences especially in such a high level establishment.Special Features:
- expensive but good.gezzaDined on 16/7/2014This is a very expensive restaurant but it is also very good. I enjoyed the experience but the prices are a bit over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.