L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
13 - 15 West Street
London, WC2H 9NENeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 020 7010 8600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Xavier Boyer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Shaftesbury Avenue
- Public Transit:
Leicester Square, Northern & Piccadilly lines
Covent Garden, Piccadilly line
Tottenham Court Road, Central & Northern lines
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Monday - Saturday evening from 18:00, our doorman would be happy assist with valet parking. It is charge at the rate of £20.00 per car and to be paid directly to the doorman in cash.
A word from L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon restaurant in London’s West Street near Covent Garden is one hot dining experience. From the stable of Joel Robuchon, holder of 26 Michelin stars, L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon brings stunning Spanish and Japanese-inflected French cooking to the capital. The ground floor L’Atelier, chic red and black minimalism, is where you perch on high stools and admire the chefs in the theatre kitchen cooking tiny, beautiful dishes of intense flavour, served sushi-style. The first floor La Cuisine offers equally marvellous cooking in a bright, monochrome space with traditional seating. Dishes include divine pig trotter on parmesan toast, mini burger with beef and foie gras, mackerel on thin tart with Parmesan shavings and olives, and magical puddings like chartreuse soufflé. The wines are of the highest order, as is the service. L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon is celeb central and foodie heaven all in one terrific West End location.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon reviews from OpenTable diners
339 reviews since 21 November 2013
special occasions (203)fit for foodies (186)romance (147)pre/post theatre (135)business meals (99)outstanding value (29)sunday lunch (28)good vegetarian options (24)group bookings (17)brunch (17)disabled access (3)outdoor eating (3)afternoon tea (2)child friendly (2)Show More
- Sublime foodExpectHighStandardsDined on 19/11/2014I have now been treated to 3 lovely meals at this restaurant. I am always tempted by the foie gras which is beautifully cooked. This time I had version and my companions had steak. It was all delicious. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and really know their menu. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but priceyJamesNewberyDined on 12/11/2014Been a few times now but not for a while. The food is as you would expect - very very well done. The taster dishes leave you surprisingly full and allow you to sample more dishes which is great. The food hits the spot (apart from the truffle in the chocolate sphere dessert which seemed a bit out of place). Downside being it's a little worn around the edges now. The leather seats on the chairs are actually worn through the colour in places which doesn't sit with pricing at almost £280 for two with just glasses of wine. Summary is great food and lovely to watch the smooth and efficient kitchen operation but something lacks at the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Fantastic service. Great to sit by the counter and admire the clockwork of the kitchen. Lively evening and relaxed atmosphere. Enjoyed all the seafood options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fusion restaurantBoschgalVIPDined on 6/11/2014A lovely haven in the heart of Soho - amazing French fusion cuisine, great service and fast so perfect for a business lunch!Special Features:
- Loved Everything!DecMDDined on 3/11/2014This was our second visit to L'Atelier, and we were again treated to a very special evening. All the food is prepared with such craftsmanship, that it is a delight. Service is impeccable, but also very friendly. This is true theater. We sat at the bar service on the ground floor and would definitely recommend it. The interaction with the staff, as well as the view of the kitchen definitely heighten the pleasure of the experience. Do not be put off by the somewhat forbidding black exterior-inside is a delight. Whatever you choose, you cannot go wrong. I especially loved the dessert, an apple tart served with ginger ice cream and dollops of caramel. There will definitely be a third visit, and more.....Special Features:
- Foodie and ambientfeistyfoodieDined on 1/11/2014For a special lunch, we chose the menu decouverte ..the 5 course tasting menu..chosen without any accompanying wines...opting instead for G&Ts. The chef also threw in complementary "abuse bouche" to start ( delicious couple of mouthfuls of a gelatinous blend of foie gras). Sat at the counter on the ground floor watching the food prep made as feel part of the experience, relaxed and rather romantic. This and the attentive explanations of the food made us feel nicely looked after whilst not being invasive. The 5 dishes ending with a dessert, were beautifully crafted and although none were large, by the end we felt totally satisfied ..a credit to how well balanced each dish was. Not the cheapest..but a delight. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and welcomingmangos4uDined on 28/10/2014Lovely, welcoming surroundings, friendly service, and excellent cooking - before your eyes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our lunch thereJustjen57Dined on 24/10/2014Service was prompt and polite. Every course every dish was splendid and we ended up with no more room inside us for desserts! Will have to go back the next time to try the desserts the next time we are in London.Special Features:
- Exquisite food, great ambiencefood4theatreVIPDined on 22/10/2014It's not easy to get a reservation at L'Atelier. This is a popular place definitely fit for foodies. The Haricot salad with foie gras was outstanding so were the joue de boeuf and the salmon as main courses. The service was professional, yet informally friendly in a good way. The amuse-bouche, foie gras in a sort of port-based zabaglione, was heavenly. We could have just had 3 of those and walked out happy. Definitely coming back on a special occasion or two.Special Features:
- meloDined on 22/10/2014we landed late in london and was rushing to the restaurant from the airport. the staff were very accommodating and this lunch was a good welcome to london. great service, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceYHL8Dined on 20/10/2014If you like foie gras you will definitely love this place. Service that you cannot fault with amazing food. Only thing we wouldn't order on our next visit is the lamb chops which were way too fatty and the White chocolate sphere with raspberry and lychee which was a bit disappointing compared to all the other amazing dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticqueenieDined on 17/10/2014The food here is sublime and the service is wonderful. I have eaten lunch here twice but always been put in the downstairs bar. Does that mean that the upstairs restaurant is never open for lunch I wonder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatGoodpubgrubDined on 15/10/2014I booked this as a birthday treat for my husband's birthday prior to a theatre outing. I couldn't have chosen a better venue. We had a wonderful time. The staff were delightful, the ambience was perfect and the food was delicious..... And the play was great! A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I am not visiting restaurants that often; but when I do I expect great service, in a rather nice atmosphere. Of course, I hope the food to be outstanding all the time. The restaurant exceeded my expectations on ambience, food (which was outstanding) and services. I decided to go there for my sister's birthday, and will definitively bring more family members whenever possible.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experience!Stroker28VIPDined on 5/10/2014Awesome food. Great service. Knowledgeable staff. I would recommend sitting at the bar for an opportunity to watch the kitchen in operation. In between courses I enjoyed watching the chefs at work on amazing dishes. Enjoyable experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!foodfanaticDined on 4/10/2014I have never been to a restaurant like it. It was my other halts birthday, so I thought I would treat her to a nice meal and did not expect what we received. The service was outstanding, a lovely romantic vibe mixed with a truly outstanding selection of fine food really made the experience worth while. I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone and plan on going again very soon. Thankyou to all that work there (especially the amazing chefs) that made the evening as outstanding as it was.Special Features:
- Lunch at Joel RobuchonSohoDined on 3/10/2014We enjoyed Joel Robuchon in London as we always do, especially after our visit to the original restaurant in Paris last June, which came as a disappointment to us both in quality of food and value for money for the set menu: Robuchon in London is so much better! Exquisite food in small portions and the option with matching wines is just fantastic! Robuchon stays one of our favourites in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- claireBunnyDined on 27/9/2014We had an amazing 4 course lunch sitting at the bar in from tot the kitchen at L'atelier. The food was delicious the ambience was great, (once your eyes adjust to the red and black and the slight darkness that brings). We finished off with coffee on the roof terrace which was a lovely end to a delightful lunch. We would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.
- Will definitely return.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/9/2014Excellent food and service. Energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- themarquesDined on 15/9/2014robuchon is exceptional in terms of its food and service. The dishes are delicious and the staff attentive.Special Features:
- L'AtelierDinerVIPDined on 13/9/2014Always enjoy eating at L'Atelier. Food is superb and service is friendly and efficient. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for pre theatreKiraVIPDined on 11/9/2014We booked to see a musical at the West End, and decided to return to this restaurant. Last time I visited L'Atelier was a client dinner two years ago. Although I was seated on the ground floor around a bar, the service was still very good. The manager was very chatty and brought a few laughs to us. I had no doubt food will be good, and it was nearly perfect. Definitely one to go for again for pre-theatre meals at the West End !Special Features:
- Good, but....T4FoodDined on 7/9/2014Atmosphere - Dark, moody with a bit of welcome. Seating not ideal. One of us had the "watch the action" as is their claim to fame. I was subjected to employees chatter on a nearby phone and staring into a giant red apple, effectively blocking any view except seeing the disposal of plates. Food - very good, as expected after dining in their Singapore restaurant. The 5 course tasting had perfect proportions, creative handling of unexpected ingredients and well matched wines for our from a charming sommelier. Service - Good, if sporadic. A few communication issues and the party next to us were former employees who kept multiple people busy while our service suffered. The Singapore location set the bar high. Unfortunately, London missed.Special Features:
- Outstanding!RochDined on 28/8/2014A wonderful evening spent at L'Atelier; the table set up around the kitchen gives you a more "hands on" experience; Good Value. finsihed off by thanking Executive Head Chef Xavier personally.Special Features:
- Good, not great.ChillymonkeyDined on 27/8/2014The place is nice, the food is good, and the service is too notch. But for the price I really expected more inventiveness and excitement in the food. It was good, no question, but I wasn't blown away.Special Features:
- ilovelucyDined on 26/8/2014The food was fabulous. The staff are charming and added to a very memorable evening. My stereotypical view of aloof French waiters has been turned on its head. I'll be back and bring more friends. Merci beau coup!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'AtelierDinerVIPDined on 24/8/2014Really enjoyed our meal. The food was fantastic and the service was attentive and friendly. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value.OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 24/8/2014Good solid french foods, but nothing extraordinary. Fast and efficient service. Yuzu pisco was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not excellentNiftyNoshingsDined on 23/8/2014We had a pre theatre dinner at L'Atelier and left satisfied if a little underwhelmed. Both of us had the 4 course option and unfortunately none of our choices had the wow factor you should be able to epxect. Some dishes (Crispy poached egg starter / Ox Cheek) were better than others (Open Ravioli / Lobster Conchiglioni). Some staff could have been friendlier but overall service was efficient and not intrusive. We did not feel rushed either. Our request for seats at the counter overooking the open kitchen was fulfilled which we appreciated lots. Would we go again? Probably yes. The standard menu did look very enticing and deserves a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectVince1Dined on 23/8/2014As always the food was excellent and the waiters are so attentive. This truly is one of the best places to eat in LondonSpecial Features:
- Lunch at L'Atelier de Joel RobuchonSGLUVIPDined on 15/8/2014What an amazing venue! You truly feel like a VIP as soon as you arrive. There was so much on the menu and we ended up having the set menu which is great value and so yummy! They matched the wines to the food and it was superbly done. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalhejhejDined on 12/8/2014Wonderful ambiance, fantastic service and amazing food. Add the perfectly matched wine pairings and we had an evening to remember. One of the best.Special Features:
- The best RobuchonqualitynotquantityDined on 11/8/2014I've been to Robuchon restaurants around the globe (Tokyo, Paris, Singapore etc etc) , but their London restaurant is my favourite. It is great that you can see the kitchen from GF counter. It is a specutacular and you can see how much love and care are given to their food. And they do not serve El-Buli-ish mad-scientist food (I love those food but not that often) - that makes me return to this place again and again. Only one thing - they should change their music selection. I do not need Mozart but neither a selection from KISS FM... perhaps some Jazz?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best desert ever!AnnaDined on 10/8/2014Yes the food was great but the chocolate desert was out of this world. Absolutely epic. Service was top standard apart from the extremely chatty waiter while paying the bill. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joel Robuchon JoyJerryrgillDined on 7/8/2014We had a fantastic meal here for my birthday. The food was fabulous and the service excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant ,beautiful dayRFRoversDined on 5/8/2014That's fabulous day, superb service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Anniversary Meal.TOTALLY WORTH ££££Foodie123Dined on 3/8/2014I dont know why people are complaining. Was apprehensive reading some Tripadvisor comments but from start to finish, service was absolutely unassuming which complimented the standard of their food. I have dined in various big establishments and unfortunately, I feel deterred from going back due to their snooty attitude and/or MIC/TOWIE crowd and/or takeaway standard food. Sexy decor and every dish is a piece of art. Portions are small yet very very fulfilling. BEST ANNIVERSARY DINNER! Robuchon, I will be back!! Probably for lunch so that I can take better pictures ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treatAnonDined on 27/7/2014Wonderful food, impeccable service and attention to detail, lovely (if dark) environment and upstairs terrace - a great choice for a celebratory lunch, though without the prix fixe would likely be very costly!Special Features:
- Great Value meal + matching winesDarrenDined on 26/7/2014Great Value meal + matching wines, would definitely go again!
- Outstanding placeNadineDined on 24/7/2014Place is amazing and we had the best culinary experience ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.