21 Berners Street
London, W1T 3LPNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latiumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 020 7323 9123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:30PM - 10:30PM, Saturday 5:30PM - 11:00PM, Sunday 5:30PM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Morelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accomodate a large group of up to 18 patrons.
- Private Party Contact: Umberto Tossi 02073239123
A word from Latium
Latium Restaurant is owned by Chef Patron Maurizio Morelli and London Restaurateur Claudio Pulze, and opened to great acclaim in September 2003. Both Morelli and Pulze have established recognised careers within London's highly competitive restaurant world and the combination of individual strengths has created Latium, one of the Capital's best kept secrets. Chef Maurizio Morelli's unique passion for Italian cuisine has created one of the best seasonal menus in London. With a strong commitment to sourcing Italian produce, Morelli cooks in a way that best represents the flavours and seasonal variations of Italy. Adding a third and finishing element to the team at Latium, the arrival of restaurant manager Umberto Tosi (formerly managerat Bice and Brunello restaurant) reunites Morelli with one of his most valued former colleagues. In managing the front of house team at Latium, Tosi brings a wealth of experience in customer service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Latium - Best restaurants in Fitzrovia ›
Latium reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since 22 November 2013
business meals (140)special occasions (122)fit for foodies (109)pre/post theatre (79)romance (77)outstanding value (33)group bookings (27)good vegetarian options (24)sunday lunch (12)disabled access (9)child friendly (8)brunch (8)outdoor eating (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- top notchCityDinerDined on 19/11/2014Latium remains high-end, sophisitcated dining. The menu offers superb choice and all the dishes we ate were extremely well judged. Thye pride themselves on their pasta, which was definitely up to the mark. Service is attentive and friendly, and the wine list superb. The room is a little anodyne and the music incongruous, but these detract in no way from the excellence of the cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something a bit different..SarahDined on 17/11/2014Fabulous evening at Latium on Monday night, 2 couples. I was worried it might be a bit quiet but it was fairly busy and we enjoyed a relaxed, quality meal together. The staff were attentive but not in the least overbearing and the food was fantastic. The dessert ravioli was both unusual and delicious. We will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to discover raviolikaviDined on 17/11/2014I was never big on ravioli, but Latium has made me change my mind. The ravioli menu is neat. Good meaty, fishy and veggie options both as a starter and a main course. 2 or 3 course meals are a good value (and they are included in the bill automatically, so we were surprised to see the savings in the bill :). My stone bass was, however, was slightly undercooked, if I were to complaint about one thing. Also, ambience-wise, it's on a traditional side, so I'd go here for a business lunch not dinner, it's not lively or trendy. Just a place to have good food with business partners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, quality foodbeauDined on 16/11/2014As a solo visitor to London, I wanted a quiet spot with high quality food and a pleasant ambiance. On a rainy Sunday evening I came in from the cold to this quiet comfortable spot and was seated at a fine table near the front. Before I had ordered, and excellent selection of nibbles was arrayed before me. Notable was the thin crisps of bread which went really well with the small plate of white soft cheese (ricotta? burrata?). The first course was not to my taste (carne saltata, tasted too acidic), but the second (gnocchi with tallegio) and the third (scallops wrapped in pancetta on a bed of artichoke) were fantastic. My general impression was of a sincere creative effort in the kitchen, and warm service in the dining room. I really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at LatiumMB58Dined on 15/11/2014Hadn't been to Latium for some time, although it is one of my favourite restaurants. It never disappoints and this time was no exception. We had the ravioli with taleggio and the pappardelle with rabbit - both excellent. We followed with the osso buco - really flavoursome and the accompanying risotto was great. For the quality of food at that price there are probably few restaurants where you would do better. Service was great. Still definitely on the short list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special food for a special occasion.mblondonDined on 8/11/2014My second time to Latium and food did not disappoint, it was our anniversary and wanted to go some where good but not megga expensive. Latium was the perfect place for this food is of a good quality and presented well. Had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbStu437Dined on 8/11/2014Another superb meal. The White truffle on scrambled egg was glorious, the vennison sublime, and the chocolate torte as always a perfect end to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite pleasantyumyumDined on 4/11/2014I took a client to Latium for lunch having been there a couple of times in the past, the starters were excellent but the main courses were somewhat disappointing, the duck that they said would be served medium rare was in fact almost well done and quite tough, the portions were at best adequate and for both courses we had to ask for pepper as it would seem they only had one mill for all the restaurant and there were no pepper or salt containers on any of the tables. Although on this occasion I can't give the restaurant a rave review, I'll probably go back sometime in the future.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening as always!ReviewDined on 1/11/2014This is our fourth time. We were particularly impressed with the wine suggestion given to us. Food excellent as always and the petit fours are a really treat at the end.Special Features:
- Nice for businessmortimerdinerDined on 31/10/2014Great, well-presented food. Good service. Felt quite private and not too noisy, but with a reasonable ambiance. Lunch menu pretty good value and plenty to choose from. Only slight annoyance was being offered Prosecco on entry and then seeing it was about £9 for a tiny glass when it appeared on the bill.Special Features:
- Peaceful and understatedTeeCeeDined on 29/10/2014It was my first time at Latium and I enjoyed the authentic Italian service and the unpretentious elegance of the setting. It is very private. My ravioli starter (their speciality) was good although a little too drowned in the tomato sauce, which unfortunately took away from some of the subtle ingredients used to fill the ravioli. The pork belly main course however was succulent, tasty and suitably accompanied by a fresh mash, chard, and a well balanced balsamic jus. Their lunch deal is also very attractive and offering plenty of choice, and overall I will have no hesitation in returning.Special Features:
- Nice place, good foodMaidenofmayDined on 26/10/2014First time visit to Latium. Reasonably priced menu, 3 courses for just over 35 pounds. Pumpkin ravioli fine but a bit bland to my taste. Roast of venison cooked to perfection. Not sure what the Italian twist was though. Dessert was a baba with lemon curd and berry sorbet. Flavours were a bit al over the place but generally fine, though probably prefab. Would definitely go again but not for a special occasion.
- Wonderful Italian food in FitzroviaJohnMDined on 18/10/2014My second visit to Latium was as good as the first, the homemade gnocchi was some of the best I have tasted (all of the pasta and bread is excellent). We really enjoyed the buzzy atmosphere and excellent/warm service. Also, it is also only a 15 minute walk from the West End and minutes from Soho, very handy if you want lively but not hectic!Special Features:
- Great Italian placeChrisDined on 14/10/2014I went to Latium for the 4th time now, as usual excellent service and great wine list, the manager ( a very friendly Italian man) recognized us and gave us our usual table. I had the gnocchi as starter and the Ozobuco with rissoto as main course....tasty and delicious . We order a Viognier white wine from the Lazio region that was superbly oily and deep. As a dessert I had the Tiramisu that was the best I had in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceSPW58Dined on 11/10/2014I hadn't been to Latium for a while, but the food and service were as I remember them, both excellent, and the overall experience making a very favorable impression on the friends I took there (I often take first dates to Latium!). The service is outstanding, and they like ghosts, suddenly appearing just as you need something or have a question, and then disappearing again into the background...and they are all knowledgeable which is a big plus.Special Features:
- Lunch at LatiumJacksDined on 10/10/2014As a family, we needed to find a place for lunch which catered for a teenager,vegetarian, elderly disabled and was quiet enough to talk. This was perfect with excellent choice of Italian food on the set lunch menu. Service was very attentive. Decor is quite bland so not a fun place but would definitely recommend to get away from the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group bookingbillyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Took a group of 8 - we were well looked after. Very helpful sommelier. Octopus starter was a little small and portions could do with being bigger - overall fine though.
- Wonderful ExperiencebgrosDined on 29/9/2014My husband and I dined at Latium for the first time, and we thoroughly enjoyed both the atmosphere & the food. The veal osso bucco was delicious!
- greatwat17Dined on 26/9/2014Our meal was excellent with very good service and excellent wine. Had it been evening we would have made use of the excellent wine list which has a wide selection of Italian wines,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/9/2014We had a very good dinner here. The food was exceptional and we really enjoyed the evening. Very good pasta and excellent wild duck an venison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinDDined on 24/9/2014Pleasant evening - all my party enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Interesting menu with good choices. Fabulous wine list and the largest selection of Grappa that I have ever seen. Service was good. Would use again to entertain friends.Special Features:
- Fitted the bill perfectlyHeyJudeDined on 23/9/2014Behind the unassuming facade Latium was the perfect place for a quiet lunch away from the noise and bustle of lunchtime Oxford Street. Inside feels fresh and cool with crisp white table cloths but not too formal or intimidating. I can really recommend it if you want somewhere for lunch where you can talk and hear yourself and your lunch colleague speak. The tables are not crowded close together and it's great to have discrete but attentive service. The lunchtime set menu has plenty of choice and is very good value. I can recommend the Mozzarella di Bufala con pomadoro and the Roast Cod fillet with sauteed courgettes and spinach. This was a new find for me and I will definitely recommend it and return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening meal for twoVenn238Dined on 20/9/2014We went to Latium for our evening meal and really enjoyed the food. The service was good and the food was fresh and tasty. It was very reasonably priced food but the wine, although very nice, was quite expensive. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ravioli!!!missyminnieDined on 18/9/2014As a fan of raviolis, with so many to choose from, I definitely recommend it if you're a ravioli fan!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodEddieDDined on 17/9/2014I have been to Latium on a number occasions over the past 3 years and the restaurant never fails to impress The service is perfectly judged, the food excellent and the price very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, great serviceAuntieFiDined on 13/9/2014Had a meal here on Saturday night and I must admit I wasn't expecting too much as I never find Italian restaurants all they 'special'. Well I was totally wrong! The food was amazing - unlike any Italian I've had before. The service was really good - attentive but not in your face. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and great foodLive2EatDined on 6/9/2014From the moment we booked, they really went out of their way to accommodate our special dietary needs. Alex even spoke to the chef and bothered to call us back to assure us that there would be plenty of choice on the menu to cater for our restrictions. Very good food based on excellent fresh and seasonal ingredients. Interesting dishes made with care and attention to detail. Outstanding pasta dishes and the Ravioli menu is innovative. The service was excellent , the waitress was delightful and recommended a wonderful North Italian wine, which we didn't know that complemented the food perfectly. And the parking, even on a Saturday night, was manageable. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb modern italian cuisine.Stu437Dined on 6/9/2014Yet another superb meal. Sublime food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HellobVIPDined on 5/9/2014the service was not so good there, the waiters were not caring enough. The food was too salty, but the main course salmon was fabulous.Special Features:
- Judy123Dined on 30/8/2014We went after the theatre and had a very nice meal. For the first time ever I had pasta for starters, main course and even dessert. The sweet ravioli were lovely and very unusual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just superbChrisDined on 30/8/2014We had dinner last Saturday at Latium, as arrival a hostess (she could have smile a bit)receive our jackets and led us to our table, all tables scattered comfortably along the room leaving a good space between them so you dont have to squeeze in to have a meal. We had a fantastic meal , I loved the pasta with black truffle and the breast of duck with red wine and cherries, the food authentic and tasty, the presentations of the dishes just right. The wine we had was a great Viognier from the Lazio (Latium) region,picked from a vast menu that contemplate almost all regions of Italy. All waiters and waitresses flawlessly attentive. I would say that Latium is the best Italian I have ever been in London.Special Features:
- Excellent! Will go backThirtylicious81VIPDined on 30/8/2014I picked this restaurant on open table quite at random and it was one of the best italian meals I've hard. The staff were great and the food divine. The 3 course for £35 option was incredibly good value.Special Features:
- MediocreSissiBeeDined on 30/8/2014Service was a bit too hectic and forgetful. Food: Starter were exceptional, unfortunately the filet of beef was chewy. The service was very sorry about it and offered another dish for compensation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent packageHearzaserveDined on 29/8/2014Visited Latium twice on our stay in London and found food and service excellent on both occasions. Different couples accompanied us on each occasion and were thrilled. The menu is exceptional and a set price put the focus on the food. Upon arrival we were immediately served an unsolicited and delicious platter of olives, tapenade and bread. Ravioli entree was exquisite in taste, enough without being huge. For main course, my lamb was perfect, slightly pink with a delicious jus. Two friends enjoyed duck and one beef. Tiramisu (spouse considers herself expert on this) rated best we have ever had! Meal was rounded off with a gifted plate of chocolates and coffee. Excellent selection of wines but cannot comment on comparative value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian lunchTinkteaDined on 29/8/2014Discreet, efficient service combined with excellent, flavourful menu. Not expensive, with reasonable wine list and wines by the glass. Easy to find location. A definite addition to my central London eating scene.Special Features:
- Wonderful choice of restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/8/2014Excellent food - beef cooked to perfection, choices meant something for everyone, service was amazing - not by just one member of staff, all of them from the boss to the waitress. Their smiles when I complimented them on the food showed me they really cared. I definitely recommend the LatiumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonders of pure Italian cookingPanjoVIPDined on 23/8/2014Love this place - food is first class and service to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely pleasant experienceloopylindaDined on 21/8/2014Booked this authentic Italian for an anniversary lunch for two after previously lunching there with ex-work colleagues. Enjoyed everything about it - great menu options; nice polite friendly but unfussy service; good wine; liked the modern smart and fairly formal dining set-up; and booking through OpenTable worked out well. Excellent and highly recommended!Special Features:
- Stylish Italian!foodieDined on 19/8/2014The service was excellent-the waiters were very helpful. The menu offered different choices compared to the usual Italian fare. Good value for the set menu and plenty of choices too. Drinks expensive of course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been raving about it to everyone!ThemasticatorDined on 17/8/2014Amazing food. £40 for four incredible taste explosions of courses. Left so full and happy and tipsy. And I think of myself as a real foodie having bought raised by a famous chef. The staff were lovely and helpful. What I really liked was that although it was a 'classy' restaurant it had a buzz which made conversation more fun as we didn't feel we had to 'whisper' as u often can do in similar places. However as one point I'm sure they had one direction playing through the speakers! Maybe that added to the lighthearted fun ambience! Anyway both my 65 year old father and my 33 year self would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.