21 Berners Street
London, W1T 3LPNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latiumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 02073239123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:30PM - 10:30PM, Saturday 5:30PM - 11:00PM, Sunday 5:30PM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurizio Morelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accomodate a large group of up to 18 patrons.
- Private Party Contact: Umberto Tossi 02073239123
A word from Latium
Latium Restaurant is owned by Chef Patron Maurizio Morelli and London Restaurateur Claudio Pulze, and opened to great acclaim in September 2003. Both Morelli and Pulze have established recognised careers within London's highly competitive restaurant world and the combination of individual strengths has created Latium, one of the Capital's best kept secrets. Chef Maurizio Morelli's unique passion for Italian cuisine has created one of the best seasonal menus in London. With a strong commitment to sourcing Italian produce, Morelli cooks in a way that best represents the flavours and seasonal variations of Italy. Adding a third and finishing element to the team at Latium, the arrival of restaurant manager Umberto Tosi (formerly managerat Bice and Brunello restaurant) reunites Morelli with one of his most valued former colleagues. In managing the front of house team at Latium, Tosi brings a wealth of experience in customer service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Latium - Best restaurants in Fitzrovia ›
Latium reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since 23 October 2013
business meals (142)special occasions (130)fit for foodies (111)pre/post theatre (80)romance (78)outstanding value (36)good vegetarian options (28)group bookings (27)sunday lunch (13)disabled access (11)brunch (11)child friendly (7)outdoor eating (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Wonderful Italian food in FitzroviaJohnMDined on 18/10/2014My second visit to Latium was as good as the first, the homemade gnocchi was some of the best I have tasted (all of the pasta and bread is excellent). We really enjoyed the buzzy atmosphere and excellent/warm service. Also, it is also only a 15 minute walk from the West End and minutes from Soho, very handy if you want lively but not hectic!Special Features:
- Great Italian placeChrisDined on 14/10/2014I went to Latium for the 4th time now, as usual excellent service and great wine list, the manager ( a very friendly Italian man) recognized us and gave us our usual table. I had the gnocchi as starter and the Ozobuco with rissoto as main course....tasty and delicious . We order a Viognier white wine from the Lazio region that was superbly oily and deep. As a dessert I had the Tiramisu that was the best I had in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceSPW58Dined on 11/10/2014I hadn't been to Latium for a while, but the food and service were as I remember them, both excellent, and the overall experience making a very favorable impression on the friends I took there (I often take first dates to Latium!). The service is outstanding, and they like ghosts, suddenly appearing just as you need something or have a question, and then disappearing again into the background...and they are all knowledgeable which is a big plus.Special Features:
- Lunch at LatiumJacksDined on 10/10/2014As a family, we needed to find a place for lunch which catered for a teenager,vegetarian, elderly disabled and was quiet enough to talk. This was perfect with excellent choice of Italian food on the set lunch menu. Service was very attentive. Decor is quite bland so not a fun place but would definitely recommend to get away from the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group bookingbillyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Took a group of 8 - we were well looked after. Very helpful sommelier. Octopus starter was a little small and portions could do with being bigger - overall fine though.
- Wonderful ExperiencebgrosDined on 29/9/2014My husband and I dined at Latium for the first time, and we thoroughly enjoyed both the atmosphere & the food. The veal osso bucco was delicious!
- greatwat17Dined on 26/9/2014Our meal was excellent with very good service and excellent wine. Had it been evening we would have made use of the excellent wine list which has a wide selection of Italian wines,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/9/2014We had a very good dinner here. The food was exceptional and we really enjoyed the evening. Very good pasta and excellent wild duck an venison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinDDined on 24/9/2014Pleasant evening - all my party enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Interesting menu with good choices. Fabulous wine list and the largest selection of Grappa that I have ever seen. Service was good. Would use again to entertain friends.Special Features:
- Fitted the bill perfectlyHeyJudeDined on 23/9/2014Behind the unassuming facade Latium was the perfect place for a quiet lunch away from the noise and bustle of lunchtime Oxford Street. Inside feels fresh and cool with crisp white table cloths but not too formal or intimidating. I can really recommend it if you want somewhere for lunch where you can talk and hear yourself and your lunch colleague speak. The tables are not crowded close together and it's great to have discrete but attentive service. The lunchtime set menu has plenty of choice and is very good value. I can recommend the Mozzarella di Bufala con pomadoro and the Roast Cod fillet with sauteed courgettes and spinach. This was a new find for me and I will definitely recommend it and return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening meal for twoVenn238Dined on 20/9/2014We went to Latium for our evening meal and really enjoyed the food. The service was good and the food was fresh and tasty. It was very reasonably priced food but the wine, although very nice, was quite expensive. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ravioli!!!missyminnieDined on 18/9/2014As a fan of raviolis, with so many to choose from, I definitely recommend it if you're a ravioli fan!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodEddieDDined on 17/9/2014I have been to Latium on a number occasions over the past 3 years and the restaurant never fails to impress The service is perfectly judged, the food excellent and the price very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, great serviceAuntieFiDined on 13/9/2014Had a meal here on Saturday night and I must admit I wasn't expecting too much as I never find Italian restaurants all they 'special'. Well I was totally wrong! The food was amazing - unlike any Italian I've had before. The service was really good - attentive but not in your face. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and great foodLive2EatDined on 6/9/2014From the moment we booked, they really went out of their way to accommodate our special dietary needs. Alex even spoke to the chef and bothered to call us back to assure us that there would be plenty of choice on the menu to cater for our restrictions. Very good food based on excellent fresh and seasonal ingredients. Interesting dishes made with care and attention to detail. Outstanding pasta dishes and the Ravioli menu is innovative. The service was excellent , the waitress was delightful and recommended a wonderful North Italian wine, which we didn't know that complemented the food perfectly. And the parking, even on a Saturday night, was manageable. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb modern italian cuisine.Stu437Dined on 6/9/2014Yet another superb meal. Sublime food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HellobVIPDined on 5/9/2014the service was not so good there, the waiters were not caring enough. The food was too salty, but the main course salmon was fabulous.Special Features:
- Judy123Dined on 30/8/2014We went after the theatre and had a very nice meal. For the first time ever I had pasta for starters, main course and even dessert. The sweet ravioli were lovely and very unusual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just superbChrisDined on 30/8/2014We had dinner last Saturday at Latium, as arrival a hostess (she could have smile a bit)receive our jackets and led us to our table, all tables scattered comfortably along the room leaving a good space between them so you dont have to squeeze in to have a meal. We had a fantastic meal , I loved the pasta with black truffle and the breast of duck with red wine and cherries, the food authentic and tasty, the presentations of the dishes just right. The wine we had was a great Viognier from the Lazio (Latium) region,picked from a vast menu that contemplate almost all regions of Italy. All waiters and waitresses flawlessly attentive. I would say that Latium is the best Italian I have ever been in London.Special Features:
- Excellent! Will go backThirtylicious81VIPDined on 30/8/2014I picked this restaurant on open table quite at random and it was one of the best italian meals I've hard. The staff were great and the food divine. The 3 course for £35 option was incredibly good value.Special Features:
- MediocreSissiBeeDined on 30/8/2014Service was a bit too hectic and forgetful. Food: Starter were exceptional, unfortunately the filet of beef was chewy. The service was very sorry about it and offered another dish for compensation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent packageHearzaserveDined on 29/8/2014Visited Latium twice on our stay in London and found food and service excellent on both occasions. Different couples accompanied us on each occasion and were thrilled. The menu is exceptional and a set price put the focus on the food. Upon arrival we were immediately served an unsolicited and delicious platter of olives, tapenade and bread. Ravioli entree was exquisite in taste, enough without being huge. For main course, my lamb was perfect, slightly pink with a delicious jus. Two friends enjoyed duck and one beef. Tiramisu (spouse considers herself expert on this) rated best we have ever had! Meal was rounded off with a gifted plate of chocolates and coffee. Excellent selection of wines but cannot comment on comparative value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian lunchTinkteaDined on 29/8/2014Discreet, efficient service combined with excellent, flavourful menu. Not expensive, with reasonable wine list and wines by the glass. Easy to find location. A definite addition to my central London eating scene.Special Features:
- Wonderful choice of restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/8/2014Excellent food - beef cooked to perfection, choices meant something for everyone, service was amazing - not by just one member of staff, all of them from the boss to the waitress. Their smiles when I complimented them on the food showed me they really cared. I definitely recommend the LatiumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonders of pure Italian cookingPanjoVIPDined on 23/8/2014Love this place - food is first class and service to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely pleasant experienceloopylindaDined on 21/8/2014Booked this authentic Italian for an anniversary lunch for two after previously lunching there with ex-work colleagues. Enjoyed everything about it - great menu options; nice polite friendly but unfussy service; good wine; liked the modern smart and fairly formal dining set-up; and booking through OpenTable worked out well. Excellent and highly recommended!Special Features:
- Stylish Italian!foodieDined on 19/8/2014The service was excellent-the waiters were very helpful. The menu offered different choices compared to the usual Italian fare. Good value for the set menu and plenty of choices too. Drinks expensive of course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been raving about it to everyone!ThemasticatorDined on 17/8/2014Amazing food. £40 for four incredible taste explosions of courses. Left so full and happy and tipsy. And I think of myself as a real foodie having bought raised by a famous chef. The staff were lovely and helpful. What I really liked was that although it was a 'classy' restaurant it had a buzz which made conversation more fun as we didn't feel we had to 'whisper' as u often can do in similar places. However as one point I'm sure they had one direction playing through the speakers! Maybe that added to the lighthearted fun ambience! Anyway both my 65 year old father and my 33 year self would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treat for the MrsRobboDined on 17/8/2014we took an early booking at 5.30pm as we had other things planned, the greeting we got was fantastic. The place was spotless, the music was up to date but chilled so we found oursleves singing along subconsciously, there was no rush with the meal which was literally wonderful, i recommend the rigitolli with lamb ragu... wowza! The service was so friendly, they knew i had booked this for her birthday so they designed a special message in chocolate on the plate when pudding arrived. the prosecco we had was top of the range so cost around £9 per glass (totally worth it for quality). will definately go again, they were so welcoming.Special Features:
- Return to LatiumMB58Dined on 16/8/2014Hadn't been to Latium for a while and it was superb. Fantastic service, though not intrusive. Brilliant food and a fixed price menu with massive options and no surcharges. We both had the special tagliatelli with porcini mushrooms. I had the beef and my wife the lamb. High quality meat cooked perfectly. We shared the rum baba sweet - again fantastic. If anything this was even better than the last time we came here. Wine prices are not bad for a restaurant of this quality. We will keep going again and again. Definitely recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!teeyanVIPDined on 13/8/2014My friend and I went to Latium for the first time and we were very pleased by the overall experience. The food was fresh and vof good quality. Really liked the breads and dips they give you at the start. One dish that really stood out was the fillet of beef which was melt in the mouth.Special Features:
- JanFoodieDined on 13/8/2014Very good meal once again at Latium, we were a party of 7 on the reasonably priced 2 or 3 course deal. There was an excellent selection of dishes to choose from, including quite a few of their lovely fresh pasta options (always good). I opted for tuna tartare to start and monkfish for main course - delicious. Some of my friends had pasta which looked great too. Good sized portions, beautifully presented. Staff attentive without being intrusive and very helpful. Would definitely recommend either for an evening with friends or a business meal. We had a round table which was perfect for conversation.Special Features:
- Great night out with friendsReviewerDined on 8/8/2014I booked Latium for a dinner with friends, as we've done before. The food is wonderful, the service excellent, the welcome very friendly. I've been here on a date with my husband before, but I also like it for a group that's sharing the bill, because there is such a wide choice at a fixed price, so everyone gets just what they want and pays the same, so splitting the bill couldn't be easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badTastyDined on 6/8/2014Overall I found the restaurant pleasant enough and accommodating. The ambience was a bit flat I thought, ok but not very relaxing. Quite easy to hear one another's conversations. Probably good value on Open Table for meat-eaters. Limited options for veggies.
- mufcpartizanDined on 2/8/2014Nice restaurant, good service, disapointing food. Ravioli was good but the 2 fish dishes we had were not. The Monkfish was rubbery and flavourless, the other fish dish was ordinary
- DisappointingVeritasDined on 24/7/2014Arrived at 7.30 with my wife looking forward to a fine dining experience from reading excellent reviews-Was out the door 45 mins later after a 2 course meal £85 lighter after a very mediocre meal! Total rip off!-Can't understand the reviews this restaurant has been given! Good I suppose for pre-theatre-You won't be there long!
- di75Dined on 24/7/2014we chose this restaurant based on other peoples reviews and we were not disappointed . Food was outstanding, presented very well, portions were just right, not too big ( thank God) not too small, perfectly balanced , service was exceptional. from the manager to the waiter/waitress, very polite, very friendly , very good, wine was fab, had great selection also reasonable. This was a treat for hubby's bday and he loved it . Great value pre theatre menu. was worth it 100%. I would definitely recommend this lovely restaurant and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurieDined on 23/7/2014My wife & I went to Latium for dinner to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely evening, the food was outstanding & the service also very good!Special Features:
- LunchLindsayDined on 22/7/2014Great place - great for a lovely business lunch or a treat for yourself. High quality food and at £16.50 for 2 courses at lunch....outstanding value. Lovely touches like gorgeous chocs to accompany coffee well received. Will definitely revisit!Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianPeterDined on 18/7/2014Really enjoyed. Authentic Italian. The food was excellent and the wine list complemented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.