1A Launceston Place
London, W8 5RLNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.launcestonplace-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02079376912x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 6pm - 10pm
Sunday: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, British
- Executive Chef: Tim Allen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Launceston Place
Nestled in the quaint residential streets of Kensington, Michelin star-winning Launceston Place is a hidden gem. Passionate about using the best of Great British produce and with a constantly changing seasonal menu using simple ingredients, the restaurant has received 4 AA Rosettes, while the wine list has won Tatler Best Wine List Award, the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator magazine and Notable Wine List 2013 by the AA guide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Launceston Place - Best restaurants in Kensington ›
Launceston Place reviews from OpenTable diners
384 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (271)fit for foodies (217)romance (200)business meals (113)sunday lunch (68)outstanding value (48)pre/post theatre (39)good vegetarian options (15)group bookings (12)brunch (8)disabled access (7)afternoon tea (6)child friendly (6)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- Excellent in all respectsNorwegianHERODined on 18/10/2014A very special Saturday evening in a welcoming atmosphere. Great hospitality from waiters with expertise in presenting both wines and food. Excellent pairing of wines to exciting tastes throughout the dinner. Felt really special, even though we saw that all tables were treated the same nice way. Thank you for an evening to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Launceston PlaceJYRYdineDined on 18/10/2014My husband and I visited Launceston Place for our anniversary and enjoyed it tremendously. The food was outstanding and that was just from the set menu! Service was impeccable too. Overall, a beautiful restaurant and a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- outstanding.!!!BillytDined on 17/10/20147 course meal cooked to perfection and tasted superb..the service was first class...we would love to go back.Special Features:
- What a find!Ss67Dined on 11/10/2014We had not heard of the restaurant before despite eating out in London often. The set menu with the classic wine pairing was fantastic, we enjoyed every mouthful. Made a lovely evening out for me and my husband to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary. Would definitely recommend and re-visit.Special Features:
- Beautiful mealNicG79Dined on 11/10/2014First time visiting the restaurant and loved the food. Had the taster menu and they exchanged scallops for some turbot which was delicious as I don't eat shellfish. All courses were great, nicely spaced out so we could relax and enjoy the whole experience. Wine waiter recommended several options when asked and picked a great ones for us. Cheese is particularly good value, normally the supplement is high at these restaurants but it was not at all. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- jsbfugueDined on 7/10/2014Some of the dishes we eat were nonsense, for instance thr Wing of chicken did not add, in my opinión, noth9ing to the scallopsSpecial Features:
- Sensational seasonal mealNewbieVIPDined on 7/10/2014We dined here and enjoyed the new autumn menu. The quail, pork jowl, grouse and veal were all sensationally good. Ingredients, presentation and flavours were all of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Everything I hoped formarkmywordsDined on 5/10/2014We had eaten here for dinner before but this was our first time having lunch. We chose the 3 course "special" and chose our dishes. The service was attentive and pleasant and the canapés and amuse bouches very tasty. When my duck egg and pea starter came I was amazed and the taste was even better, my roast beef was exquisite and then we chose to have cheese as our third course and were not disappointed. I took my wife a a birthday treat and it could not have been better. Thank you all. We will be back.Special Features:
- excellent sunday lunchjj51VIPDined on 5/10/2014Our third visit to Launceston Place and our third great dining experience. Food is beautifully prepared, service is welcoming and the wine list, though not cheap (where is in London?) has some interesting choices under £40.Special Features:
- Launceston Place - Great!PhilchapreviewDined on 2/10/2014A great evening for a celebration dinner for two. Very friendly. Great food. Good atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Always Excellentthenandnow89Dined on 1/10/2014We are always wowed by the food, service, ambience. Consistently does everything "comme il faut". Our only regret is that we don't go more often.Special Features:
- Exceptional in South KensingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014The food was interesting and exceptional. The prix fixe was delicious. I single out the quail because it's a favorite of mine and the presentation and taste were perfect. The wine pairing with the meal was a value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalBushraDined on 1/10/2014We have been trying many Michelin star places via deals and offers over the last year. Much of the time you feel like may be they didn't try as hard, or the food was not as good, or portions not the same as their normal service. However Launceston Place was excellent. Service was friendly and welcoming. The food was faultless but still creative. The portions more than enough for lunch. The variety of tastes and textures reflective of the best. Every dish looked like a piece of art. Really fantastic experience. Absolutely outstanding value.Special Features:
- A festival for senses!GlobetasterDined on 27/9/2014I booked a table with 6 courses for my girlfriends' birthday, and I ve been happily surprised by the quality of the service and the food. the wine is of very good quality but too expensive. I advise to take the pairing wine menu, that you can at least enjoy several tastes with the right wines at more affordable price. menu was £70 which is very good price. A glass of wine was £19.. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!RodrigoVIPDined on 26/9/2014I've been to this restaurant twice and it keeps getting better! Once again, I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Amazing experienceMOOSEDined on 24/9/2014WHERE TO START,, BRILLIANT FOOD ,EXPERT SERVICE , ESPECIALLY WINE WAITER AND CHEESE WAITRESS ,COOL AMBIENCE ,OVERALL TOP END EXPERIENCE , HAD TASTING MENU WITH MATCHING WINES, WHAT A MATCH IT WAS , FLAWLESS.. DEFINATELY BE BACK NEXT TIME IN LONDONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemNorthviewVIPDined on 21/9/2014Although not on the cheap side, Launceston Place is well worth a visit. Located off the beaten path, in a nice residential area of Kensington, it is worth making the slight detour if you are after a tasting menu (6 course) that incorporates flavour a bit out of the ordinary. Wine list is excellent and contains everything from extremely pricey bottles from world-famous producers to nicely-priced wines from lesser-known producers that still has a lot to offer. Service was excellent and the surroundings quiet and delicate.Special Features:
- Another incredible eveningCharlie76Dined on 20/9/2014The tasting menu was such a wonderful treat - every course prompted oohs and ahhs with clever little extras to make the meal feel like a really special experience. One of the most memorable menus we've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant experienceLauncDiningDined on 20/9/2014We went for Saturday lunch. Service was impeccable and food delicious-although main dish of Salmon was not unique in terms of flavour from sauces. Will certain;ly go again ASAP.Special Features:
- very good value set lunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 18/9/2014given the exceptional quality of food, the set lunch menu was of very good value. the location is within a residential area, which gives this restaurant a slightly different character than other commercial reataurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceEyesbblueDined on 17/9/2014My partner and I celebrated a special occasion here. We are from Virginia, USA and thought the reviews of this restaurant would make our event special and we were not disappointed. Every aspect of the meal was perfect. I'll not waste your time describing it in detail but if you are looking for some place special, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbPildinerDined on 17/9/2014Superb, and given location, surprisingly good value for money. Sunday lunch, if you're careful with the drinks, is a bargain for Central LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top class as alwaysAliceBDined on 14/9/2014We have dined here a few times before and as always the service was excellent. We chose to dine off both the market and sunday lunch menu and all dishes were cooked to perfection with perfect portion sizes. The scallop starter is highly recommended and never fails to please! we will keep going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight!ruubDined on 13/9/2014Great food, lovely ambience, overall a delightful experience.
- FabulousFabOrchidDined on 13/9/2014Launceston Place is a beautiful restaurant in a quiet location. I took my husband and our friend for a Saturday lunch. It was not too busy, the service was wonderful, the ambience was great too. Very good value for the set lunches (£30 for 3 courses). All dishes we chose were good and delicious, love the presentations. There are two galleries nearby its nice to explore.Special Features:
- Perfectdb67Dined on 11/9/2014Celebrated an 10th anniversary there. Elegant surroundings, attentive service, excellent food. Great place for any (special) occasionSpecial Features:
- Fantastic lunchLondondinerDined on 10/9/2014Went for lunch with my wife as we were looking for somewhere near the Albert Hall. Could not have been nicer, lovely restaurant, great ambiance great service and £30 for three delicious courses lunch menu - which in turn means there is more in the pot to be able to drink very well. We will be returning.Special Features:
- 5* Food & ServiceTastyTravellerDined on 4/9/2014A birthday celebration and table for two at this hidden gem. From the opening gin and tonic, with ice infused with juniper, thyme and lime, to the raspberry delice and caramelised white chocolate - every mouthful was as good as the last. Launceston Place does not feel like many other michelin starred restaurants, which can often be stuffy and snooty. The attentive and understated staff and homely ambience made us feel instatly welcome, comfortable and valued. We went for the tasting menu which was fabulous and they also let each of us change out a course without even a question. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a fantastic meal in a perfect setting. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- AssuredDDDDDined on 4/9/2014Launceston Place continues it impress - consistently assured performance from the food through to the service and environment. All well judged without looking like it's trying too hard - a neat trick. Set lunch good value, particularly when deals available, and doesn't short change on quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good placeTrevigianoVIPDined on 30/8/2014It's a good Restaurant, a little bit too expensive respect others at the same level and location.Special Features:
- Food & Atmosphere were SpectacularDrQuizDined on 30/8/2014We went for dinner over the weekend when the restaurant only serves it's tasting menu. We had the tasting menu and wine pairing... It was spectacular! The wines were perfectly matched to the food, the service could not have been better! The meal was a bit pricy, but, we expected that. All in all we loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDinerVIPDined on 30/8/2014Such amazing food. With menu adjusting to the seasons. Magic tastes. The service is the best, with very friendly and professional staff. Classy but not stuffy.Special Features:
- Launceston placeDanJDined on 30/8/2014Deserving of its michelin star. Food was excellent, had the tasting menu; quail and lamb dishes in particular were great. Varied wine list, with some fair prices and an outstanding Gin and Tonic to start us off. Service was good, although fairly quiet in the restaurant as we dined at 2pm on a Saturday. Overall a lovely romantic meal which was enjoyed by us, but not amazing value for money (£250 for 2), although I suppose you get what you pay for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- English gemThewhitlamDined on 29/8/2014Hadnt been to LP for twenty years but we remembered it as marvellous. The place is airy and chic, we had a window table and cocktails were nice. It took a little while to get our orders in but that is the only criticism. The starters of quail in smoked hay and duck egg with legs and greens, were astonishing and quite hearty! My main was veal , succulent and rare, while my friends grouse was superb , tangy and rare. ( we like rare). We shared a cheese , served by a very well versed waiter from Durham , nice guy, and we shared a fabulous apricot soufflé and each had a £17!glass of Barsac! It felt nice n naughty sharing a soufflé in a posh place. Our wines were a £51 Chablis 1 Cru and a £50+ bottle of Mercurey. I paid £347 altogether - specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenthjjweDined on 28/8/2014Launceston Place is a little gem, tucked away in Kensington. The wine list is little intimidating, but friendly expert help is hand. The cheeseboard is wonderful, and comes with expert guidance on the selection and trying of new tastes. All the food was of a very high quality and well-presented without being fussy and processed looking. The staff were friendly and not over bearing, attentive without being pushy or snobby. The prices considering the quality are modest, and the whole experience made you feel pampered and experience enhanced. This not fast food, so make this the highlight of your evening or after a time scheduled event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent, will be backBraccoonDined on 24/8/2014I was very impressed with the quality of the food and service. The attention to details was particularly amazing.Special Features:
- Great food, good valueJJ89Dined on 24/8/2014We went for the 3 course Sunday lunch menu, which was great value for the quality of food. The duck egg starter was particularly good, but all of the food was exceptional and well thought out. Good wine list with a nice range. Really nice interior and ambiance (though the music was a little elevator-y!) and the staff were very polite and attentive. I'd definitely visit again and would recommend.Special Features:
- OutstandingMarkSDined on 23/8/2014We visited this restaurant during a recent trip to London and it was excellent. The food was simply outstanding and the service was faultless. Staff were friendly, attentive and extremely knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Delightful cuisine ans serviceGaelleTonyDined on 22/8/2014Looking for fine cuisine with british touch we end up at Launceston place. Dishes are made of fine ingredients and serve for some like a painter (salt marsh lamb). Service is just what it need to be : attentive but not intrusive. Add a skillful sommelier and you will leave with a good remember of this restaurant. Preferred dishes were Wild salmon and Raspberry delice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianEDined on 22/8/2014A super restaurant with excellent food and service. We have yet to be disappointed when we dine here.Special Features: