1A Launceston Place
London, W8 5RLNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.launcestonplace-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7937 6912
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 6pm - 10pm
Sunday: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, British
- Executive Chef: Tim Allen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Launceston Place
Nestled in the quaint residential streets of Kensington, Michelin star-winning Launceston Place is a hidden gem. Passionate about using the best of Great British produce and with a constantly changing seasonal menu using simple ingredients, the restaurant has received 4 AA Rosettes, while the wine list has won Tatler Best Wine List Award, the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator magazine and Notable Wine List 2013 by the AA guide.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Launceston Place - Best restaurants in Kensington ›
Launceston Place reviews from OpenTable diners
366 reviews since 26 November 2013
special occasions (267)fit for foodies (212)romance (194)business meals (113)sunday lunch (70)outstanding value (44)pre/post theatre (36)good vegetarian options (13)group bookings (12)child friendly (7)brunch (6)disabled access (5)afternoon tea (4)outdoor eating (3)Show More
- A little gem...sandravcDined on 22/11/2014The food was delicious and the service very good. One of the restaurants you would not mind going there every weeks as the food and atmosphere are great. That was our second time this year and the fixed menu on Saturday night exceeded our expectations. The combination of flavours is perfect. Soft and delicate. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and getting betterMrGrumpyVIPDined on 19/11/2014Really good cooking, subtle but not pretentious, and sensible sized portions. Pleasant and professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunch at Launceston PlaceSohoDined on 16/11/2014Launceston Place is a very cosy place to have a wonderful lunch on a grey November afternoon. Service was perfect, food excellent and good value for money. Wide selection is also very interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Food in KensingtonFuzzDined on 12/11/2014On the basis of the dinner I had there last week, Launceston Place Restaurant is at the top of its game at present in all aspects of refined dining. From the Market Menu I chose the quail dish, followed by the veal rump for main course and finished off with a cheese selection. The quail and veal dishes both had a fantastic array of aromas and flavours going on which their descriptions on the menu only hint at. Service and ongoing information as each course was served was superb, as were the various drinks I had to complement the food. Thoroughly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AgainFulhamishDined on 11/11/2014Another good night out at Launceston Place. The location is a bit remote but the quality of the experience far outweighs that. Great food in a pleasant environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for special occasionsGuestsDined on 7/11/2014We found this restaurant by recommendations. The atmosphere was friendly with very attentive service in the beginning. As we do not eat pork, they have replaced the dishes with some other food pieces of art. This is exactly how one can call the courses prepared by Tim Allen, chef of the restaurant. The combination of ingridients deserves a michlin start. The choice of wines adds a good value for a great dinner. Overall, we had great evening.Special Features:
- A hidden gemDiningtoomuchDined on 7/11/2014Whilst not on the main road it is well worth hunting out this restaurant. We had the set lunch for £30, which was good value, well presented and promptly served. Ideal for a business lunch or for those seeking a good meal away from the busy shopping areas.Special Features:
- As always, outstanding.starDined on 2/11/2014Impeccable service, outstanding food both to the eye and mouth and a serene, comfortable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/10/2014Exquisite food, what a delight! Only false note was the rose wine and the rose champagne, not good at all unfortunately. The red wine on the other hand was good. Would love to return te sample more delicacies. Pleasant surprise were the happy birthday chocolate letters on the plate for our mother's special day. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BamHDined on 29/10/2014Superbly presented and delicious food. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place - exclusive touchEspenDined on 28/10/2014The restaurant has a modern and light atmosphere with exclusive feeling. Service was great with good selection of wines also by the glass. Dishes was elegantly presented and they accommodated gluten free bread and other special requests. A place worth visiting several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Launcestonspyder4691Dined on 28/10/2014We had a fabulous time. The reception was friendly and the food was fantastic. The sommelier was knowledgeable and unpretentious, as some can be. It was, however a touch expensive. Probably contributed by the 12.5% service charge. A common London thing, but annoying if visiting..Special Features:
- SpecatularLucyDined on 28/10/2014This is a beautiful, understated gem in the heart of Kensington, where the service is impeccable and guests are treated like kings! We were there for a special occasion and agree that a good dinner was made spectacular by the quality of the food and courtesy of the staff. The tasting menu was absolutely delicious, and paired with delectable wines - introduced by the very knowledgeable and charming sommelier. A very spoiling evening, which I can only hope to repeat soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all respectsNorwegianHERODined on 18/10/2014A very special Saturday evening in a welcoming atmosphere. Great hospitality from waiters with expertise in presenting both wines and food. Excellent pairing of wines to exciting tastes throughout the dinner. Felt really special, even though we saw that all tables were treated the same nice way. Thank you for an evening to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Launceston PlaceJYRYdineDined on 18/10/2014My husband and I visited Launceston Place for our anniversary and enjoyed it tremendously. The food was outstanding and that was just from the set menu! Service was impeccable too. Overall, a beautiful restaurant and a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- outstanding.!!!BillytDined on 17/10/20147 course meal cooked to perfection and tasted superb..the service was first class...we would love to go back.Special Features:
- What a find!Ss67Dined on 11/10/2014We had not heard of the restaurant before despite eating out in London often. The set menu with the classic wine pairing was fantastic, we enjoyed every mouthful. Made a lovely evening out for me and my husband to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary. Would definitely recommend and re-visit.Special Features:
- Beautiful mealNicG79Dined on 11/10/2014First time visiting the restaurant and loved the food. Had the taster menu and they exchanged scallops for some turbot which was delicious as I don't eat shellfish. All courses were great, nicely spaced out so we could relax and enjoy the whole experience. Wine waiter recommended several options when asked and picked a great ones for us. Cheese is particularly good value, normally the supplement is high at these restaurants but it was not at all. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- jsbfugueDined on 7/10/2014Some of the dishes we eat were nonsense, for instance thr Wing of chicken did not add, in my opinión, noth9ing to the scallopsSpecial Features:
- Sensational seasonal mealNewbieVIPDined on 7/10/2014We dined here and enjoyed the new autumn menu. The quail, pork jowl, grouse and veal were all sensationally good. Ingredients, presentation and flavours were all of the highest quality.Special Features:
- Everything I hoped formarkmywordsDined on 5/10/2014We had eaten here for dinner before but this was our first time having lunch. We chose the 3 course "special" and chose our dishes. The service was attentive and pleasant and the canapés and amuse bouches very tasty. When my duck egg and pea starter came I was amazed and the taste was even better, my roast beef was exquisite and then we chose to have cheese as our third course and were not disappointed. I took my wife a a birthday treat and it could not have been better. Thank you all. We will be back.Special Features:
- excellent sunday lunchjj51VIPDined on 5/10/2014Our third visit to Launceston Place and our third great dining experience. Food is beautifully prepared, service is welcoming and the wine list, though not cheap (where is in London?) has some interesting choices under £40.Special Features:
- Launceston Place - Great!PhilchapreviewDined on 2/10/2014A great evening for a celebration dinner for two. Very friendly. Great food. Good atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Always Excellentthenandnow89Dined on 1/10/2014We are always wowed by the food, service, ambience. Consistently does everything "comme il faut". Our only regret is that we don't go more often.Special Features:
- Exceptional in South KensingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014The food was interesting and exceptional. The prix fixe was delicious. I single out the quail because it's a favorite of mine and the presentation and taste were perfect. The wine pairing with the meal was a value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalBushraDined on 1/10/2014We have been trying many Michelin star places via deals and offers over the last year. Much of the time you feel like may be they didn't try as hard, or the food was not as good, or portions not the same as their normal service. However Launceston Place was excellent. Service was friendly and welcoming. The food was faultless but still creative. The portions more than enough for lunch. The variety of tastes and textures reflective of the best. Every dish looked like a piece of art. Really fantastic experience. Absolutely outstanding value.Special Features:
- A festival for senses!GlobetasterDined on 27/9/2014I booked a table with 6 courses for my girlfriends' birthday, and I ve been happily surprised by the quality of the service and the food. the wine is of very good quality but too expensive. I advise to take the pairing wine menu, that you can at least enjoy several tastes with the right wines at more affordable price. menu was £70 which is very good price. A glass of wine was £19.. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Highly recommended!RodrigoVIPDined on 26/9/2014I've been to this restaurant twice and it keeps getting better! Once again, I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Amazing experienceMOOSEDined on 24/9/2014WHERE TO START,, BRILLIANT FOOD ,EXPERT SERVICE , ESPECIALLY WINE WAITER AND CHEESE WAITRESS ,COOL AMBIENCE ,OVERALL TOP END EXPERIENCE , HAD TASTING MENU WITH MATCHING WINES, WHAT A MATCH IT WAS , FLAWLESS.. DEFINATELY BE BACK NEXT TIME IN LONDONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemNorthviewVIPDined on 21/9/2014Although not on the cheap side, Launceston Place is well worth a visit. Located off the beaten path, in a nice residential area of Kensington, it is worth making the slight detour if you are after a tasting menu (6 course) that incorporates flavour a bit out of the ordinary. Wine list is excellent and contains everything from extremely pricey bottles from world-famous producers to nicely-priced wines from lesser-known producers that still has a lot to offer. Service was excellent and the surroundings quiet and delicate.Special Features:
- Another incredible eveningCharlie76Dined on 20/9/2014The tasting menu was such a wonderful treat - every course prompted oohs and ahhs with clever little extras to make the meal feel like a really special experience. One of the most memorable menus we've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant experienceLauncDiningDined on 20/9/2014We went for Saturday lunch. Service was impeccable and food delicious-although main dish of Salmon was not unique in terms of flavour from sauces. Will certain;ly go again ASAP.Special Features:
- very good value set lunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 18/9/2014given the exceptional quality of food, the set lunch menu was of very good value. the location is within a residential area, which gives this restaurant a slightly different character than other commercial reataurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceEyesbblueDined on 17/9/2014My partner and I celebrated a special occasion here. We are from Virginia, USA and thought the reviews of this restaurant would make our event special and we were not disappointed. Every aspect of the meal was perfect. I'll not waste your time describing it in detail but if you are looking for some place special, this is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbPildinerDined on 17/9/2014Superb, and given location, surprisingly good value for money. Sunday lunch, if you're careful with the drinks, is a bargain for Central LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top class as alwaysAliceBDined on 14/9/2014We have dined here a few times before and as always the service was excellent. We chose to dine off both the market and sunday lunch menu and all dishes were cooked to perfection with perfect portion sizes. The scallop starter is highly recommended and never fails to please! we will keep going back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight!ruubDined on 13/9/2014Great food, lovely ambience, overall a delightful experience.
- FabulousFabOrchidDined on 13/9/2014Launceston Place is a beautiful restaurant in a quiet location. I took my husband and our friend for a Saturday lunch. It was not too busy, the service was wonderful, the ambience was great too. Very good value for the set lunches (£30 for 3 courses). All dishes we chose were good and delicious, love the presentations. There are two galleries nearby its nice to explore.Special Features:
- Perfectdb67Dined on 11/9/2014Celebrated an 10th anniversary there. Elegant surroundings, attentive service, excellent food. Great place for any (special) occasionSpecial Features:
- Fantastic lunchLondondinerDined on 10/9/2014Went for lunch with my wife as we were looking for somewhere near the Albert Hall. Could not have been nicer, lovely restaurant, great ambiance great service and £30 for three delicious courses lunch menu - which in turn means there is more in the pot to be able to drink very well. We will be returning.Special Features: