65a Long Acre
London, WC2E 9JHNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ledeuxieme.com/
- Phone: 020 7379 0033
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Tony Howorth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Late Night
A word from Le Deuxieme
Le Deuxième restaurant in London's Covent Garden offers light, imaginative modern European cooking in cool, elegant, contemporary surroundings. Sitting in the calm interior of Le Deuxième, you'll hardly believe that the noise and crowds of Covent Garden are just metres away from you. The understated colour scheme of beige and mushroom combine with subtle lighting to produce an intimate atmosphere that's just right for business meals and romantic dinners. These natural colours make the confident cooking the star of the show. As Le Deuxième is set in London's West End, you would be a brilliant planner to make supper at Le Deuxième part of an evening's entertainment at the theatre or opera. If you're seeking sustenance later in the evening, Le Deuxième is a perfect choice, too, as last orders are at midnight and there's plenty of time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Deuxieme reviews from OpenTable diners
489 reviews since 21 November 2013
pre/post theatre (330)special occasions (178)business meals (172)fit for foodies (167)romance (112)outstanding value (87)sunday lunch (68)group bookings (63)good vegetarian options (39)brunch (19)child friendly (6)disabled access (4)outdoor eating (3)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Post Theatre (Matinee) dinnerSnoopydogDined on 8/11/2014Booked for 6.15pm after going to a show (Saturday matinee) with my husband. Service was very efficient although our waiter could have been a bit more friendly. The decor is smart and modern in style. The ambience is generally good, but the tables are too close together. The people on the tables either side of us were rather noisy, which was rather disappointing as I particularly asked for a quite part of the restaurant. We both had main course of haddock, which was was absolutely delicious - best we have even tasted. With fewer tables and more friendly waiter it would have been perfect. Would still go again though as the food was excellent.Special Features:
- An alll around good placeSuzanneDined on 8/11/2014Everything here makes for a restaurant that one would return to often except for the staff who are unsmiling and not particularly glad one is there.Special Features:
- Superb Pre-theatre mealAMCG20Dined on 8/11/2014This was a superb meal and great value. The Kir Royale was changed to a drink of our choice with no fuss whatsoever. The choices were extensive and the portions were huge . The service was pleasant and fast although we needed to eat and head to the theatre , we never felt rushed . This was easily the best pre-theatre meal in covent garden for a long time. I would recommend this without reservation!!!!!Special Features:
- Pleasant little restaurantkittyDined on 5/11/2014Quite a small restaurant and decor nothing special however the food was very good. They were slow to take our order as the staff were busy clearing and setting other tables but no problems after that. Waiting staff pleasant and polite. Very convenient for Covent Garden area but away from the main hustle and bustle which we liked. Would eat there again when I'm in London.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicethebearDined on 4/11/2014Quiet comfortable surroundings and attentive service. The Kir Royale menu is the one to ask forSpecial Features:
- A Great FindJazzerDined on 3/11/2014We had a meal here on 2 November. We ate from the pre Theatre menu which was not huge but this was to be expected. However, the quality of the food was excellent and the portions more than adequate. Service was also excellent. This was by far the best pre-theatre meal we have had in London. We will definitely go back to experience food from the main menu. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lunch Review.VICTORB1Dined on 2/11/2014As always a very pleasant experience. My food was well cooked and presented. Some aspects of the service could have been a little sharper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently superb.julesDined on 31/10/2014The crayfish risotto is amazing! Kind and attentive staff. Menu is nice and varied and definitely good value.its the kind of place you return to again and again.. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJellyDined on 31/10/2014Very good food and excellent service - even opening a bottle of Sauternes to give us a glass because the one they sell by the glass was finished. A little busy with the pre-theatre crowd but calmed down once they had left. Only quibble was that the lavatories need refurbishing and slightly let down this otherwise excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 29/10/2014We booked a pre-theatre set menu here and were very impressed. The service was top notch and really quick without rushing us which is what you need pre-theatre. We were particularly impressed when our desserts and bill arrived within moments of being ordered as curtain up got closer. The food itself was delicious modern European with interesting choices beautifully presented. We'll be back, very good indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentreviewerDined on 29/10/2014After an excellent meal last time, this time two of us were well served but our guests had a poor experience - minute steak was tough and fatty, creme brûlées were poor, one over cooked and too solid, the other had separated and a new one was not cooked enough.Special Features:
- Unfriendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/10/2014Our waiter failed to make any attempt to connect with us. The restaurant was practically empty but he appeared tired and unengaged, merely going through the motions. Food was acceptable and in a different atmosphere would have been more enjoyable. An opportunity missed to gain a new customer.
- Anniversary MealBubblesDined on 25/10/2014A lovely meal in a lively restaurant, good value too for central London. The restaurant is quite small but reasonable space between tables. Would certainly return.Special Features:
- AS DELIGHTFUL AS EVERBuckbeefVIPDined on 24/10/2014I have dined here many times and the food is always of a very good standard. Fixed price menu is good value and offers a range that should suit everybody. Atmosphere can be a little flat, particularly in quiet times, but that is sometimes an advantage in Covent Garden. Service is always good, maybe not superslick, but always effective and friendly. Wine prices appear to be creeping up, although that may be a trend in the area. As one other reviewer commented, not sure that 15% service is warranted, more than in even in higher class restaurants. Look forward to visiting again and would, and have, recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/10/2014this is my second visit and everything was as good as first time. we had the set menu, excellent value for money, as was the New Zealand wine. when we arrived we said we are going to theatre and was on a time limit, service was as fast as we wanted it, so well done to all the staff and thank you.Special Features:
- reliably good serviceorielhVIPDined on 17/10/2014The pre-theatre menu here is excellent value and there's a choice of good house wines at moderate prices. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 16/10/2014I have eaten at Le Deuxieme on several occasions both at lunchtime and in the evening when going to The Donmar Warehouse. The food is consistently good, the flavours are always delicious. The staff are friendly and attentive. It can be quiet at lunchtime hence the 3 rather than 4 star review for ambience but this is a little gem in Covent Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French Restaurant!LadyToots1VIPDined on 14/10/2014Le Deuxieme offers lovely surroundings and a great value menu. We went there for a re-union with friends and had a super time and everyone enjoyed the food. We took up the 3 courses and Kir Royale option for £29.50 and with a bottle of wine, water and a few coffees and service it worked out at c. £42 per head which is good going for Covent Garden. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Looks don't live up to experience!Love2EatDined on 13/10/2014Restaurant ooks nice and romantic to dine in but we arrived at around 10 and were the last party left in the restaurant about half way through our meal which I don't mind but that's when staff started yelling things to each other, banging and just making lots of noise. It was not a pleasant atmosphere. The food was only ok, nothing special. They include a recommended 15% tip on the bill which we didn't pay and left a tip that we thought was more suited to our experience. Won't be returning or recommending
- Outstanding food, depressed waiterJimboDined on 13/10/2014Took my wife here for a birthday treat, food was superb if a little pricey, but that wasn't an issue as it was for a special occasion, what was an issue was the lack of welcome, miserable service and general lack of atmosphere that left us wishing we hadn't bothered! Such a shame as possibly on another night if we had been served by someone with a bit of personality we would have had an altogether different experience.
- Special offer dinnerAandSDined on 12/10/2014I went for dinner witha group of friends and we had the three course meal and half a bottle of wine for £22.14. (Where they got that figure from I don't know). The food on the whole was good although one of the party who had the steak said it was chewy and not good. The service was good and With the offer I felt it was very good value for money.Special Features:
- Great mealGxstVIPDined on 11/10/2014Very good food and a good choice of menu. Very good value.Special Features:
- Good, but, not great!BardouDined on 10/10/2014We dined from the A la carte menu for dinner. Previous visits we have dined from the pre theatre menu. We have to say that the a la carte menu is heavily fish orientated whereby the pre theatre menus have in our opinion a better choice! Toilets need a bit of a refurbishment! Good restaurant all round but not quite michelline star!Special Features:
- hungry4sustenanceVIPDined on 5/10/2014Restaurant was very quiet. Only two other tables while we were there. 15% service charge was eye-watering, and not really deserved. Sent back the creme brulee because the texture and the taste were slightly off.Special Features:
- Great food, great valueMusicandFoodloverDined on 5/10/2014Lovely meal pre opera on Sunday later afternoon, very good value for London, would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always GoodFoodLoverDined on 4/10/2014We've dined here many times and on this occasion took friends who were up from Devon. Food and service excellent as alway. I still say this is one of the best restaurants in Covent Garden.Special Features:
- Great findGxstVIPDined on 4/10/2014Great restaurant with wide range of food choices. I was there with 5 friends and we were all very happy with the quality of the food.Special Features:
- An exceptional restaurantthebearDined on 3/10/2014Excellent food and wine in a quiet environment and very attentive service. exceptional value particularly if you ask for the Kir Royale menu
- Pre theatre dinnerChasDined on 30/9/2014easy to book, with special Open Table set menu was excellent value. Good service, attentive but not intrusive. Overall a good choice.Special Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 28/9/2014My husband and I went to Sunday lunch at Le Deuxieme - good value at £22. including half a bottle of wine. However, the restaurant has no ambience. The food was alright and the service good.. On a busy sunny Sunday afternoon it should have been much busier than it was.
- portoDined on 28/9/2014waitress possibly had a bad day. Not very friendly and pushy for the orders.food OK but quite salty and greasy sauces.Special Features:
- Really good valueBirminghamAnnDined on 27/9/2014We booked here after it was recommended by a family member as we were going to the Opera House & it said on the website that is was really close by. It was full when we arrive at about 6pm. There is a cheaper pre-theatre menu on offer although we had to ask for this menu. It was limited but very good value. Service was swift as they are obviously used to dealing with pre-theatre bookings. The restaurant is only about 100 metres away so really convenient too. Would recommend if you want a reasonably priced meal with easy access to the OH.Special Features:
- Pre BalletGoodfoodie3Dined on 25/9/2014We had a delicious meal, good service, and we never felt rushed even though it was very busy. Handy for a variety of theatresSpecial Features:
- good servicemissieDined on 20/9/2014We were made welcome - sadly, there were only three other tables occupied when we were there (Saturday afternoon) so a bit lacking in atmosphere, but we chatted with the couple at the next table, so we made our own atmosphere!Special Features:
- Good value pre - theatreGourmetDined on 19/9/2014I had an excellent starter soup. The food is good and reasonably priced if you take the pre-theatre menu. The staff are friendly and quick with service.I have used it several times before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice understated mealeatingscheatingDined on 18/9/2014We booked the three course top table meal which was great value. The food was tasty and the portion size was good. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- Understated qualityGannetDined on 15/9/2014Slightly off the beaten track at the east end of Longacre, Le Deuxieme is a small, smart French restaurant serving pretty, interesting and tasty dishes. They seem particularly polished with their seafood. The atmosphere is refined but understated. The service friendly and efficient. They seem well prepared for the pre theatre crowd and are well placed if your theatre is in the Drury Lane area. Prices are quite reasonable, the only quibble being the 15% service charge, reminding you that you are still close to Covent Garden and all the tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good againPedroDined on 13/9/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant is warm and inviting and high standards of decor and cleanliness are maintained. Coming slightly late or early for a reserved table is never (apparently) a problem and the staff are welcoming and efficient. The food is outstanding and the wine list is extensive. A great locationSpecial Features:
- Hits the spotsSalpeppaDined on 13/9/2014First time trying this French themed resto. Excellent welcome with knowledge of our OpenTable special offer request. The pleasant Kir Royale which was part of the deal could have done with a soupçon more cassis. A good menu with plenty of choice for the special offer menu, rather than the two of each course more often seen. A little over the top with the salt (the bacon in the sautéed potatoes especially so) but very nicely cooked and presented. A reasonably priced wine list to go with the meal. Excellent service, friendly not overly so. One of my biggest gripes in restaurants is seeing a waiter serve to a table and then return to the kitchen passing other tables with empties to remove and ignoring them. Not here. Nice clean toilet handwashSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion lunch for fourLadywholunchesDined on 13/9/2014Our reunion lunch was a great success. The restaurant is spotless and the staff very friendly. No musak!! There was another larger group in when we arrived but the noise level was OK. If all tables ahd been occupied it might have been hard to hear. We had the three course lunch with coffee. There was a good choice of dishes, it was well-cooked and presented. Overall we thought it great value for money, and there was no problem with our staying for three hours.Special Features: