65a Long Acre
London, WC2E 9JHNeighbourhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ledeuxieme.com/
- Phone: 02073790033
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Tony Howorth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Late Night
A word from Le Deuxieme
Le Deuxième restaurant in London's Covent Garden offers light, imaginative modern European cooking in cool, elegant, contemporary surroundings. Sitting in the calm interior of Le Deuxième, you'll hardly believe that the noise and crowds of Covent Garden are just metres away from you. The understated colour scheme of beige and mushroom combine with subtle lighting to produce an intimate atmosphere that's just right for business meals and romantic dinners. These natural colours make the confident cooking the star of the show. As Le Deuxième is set in London's West End, you would be a brilliant planner to make supper at Le Deuxième part of an evening's entertainment at the theatre or opera. If you're seeking sustenance later in the evening, Le Deuxième is a perfect choice, too, as last orders are at midnight and there's plenty of time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerModern European
Le Deuxieme - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Le Deuxieme reviews from OpenTable diners
511 reviews since 3 June 2014
pre/post theatre (340)special occasions (194)business meals (185)fit for foodies (175)romance (128)outstanding value (95)group bookings (69)sunday lunch (69)good vegetarian options (46)brunch (23)disabled access (6)child friendly (5)outdoor eating (4)afternoon tea (3)Show More
- portoDined on 28/9/2014waitress possibly had a bad day. Not very friendly and pushy for the orders.food OK but quite salty and greasy sauces.Special Features:
- Pre BalletGoodfoodie3Dined on 25/9/2014We had a delicious meal, good service, and we never felt rushed even though it was very busy. Handy for a variety of theatresSpecial Features:
- good servicemissieDined on 20/9/2014We were made welcome - sadly, there were only three other tables occupied when we were there (Saturday afternoon) so a bit lacking in atmosphere, but we chatted with the couple at the next table, so we made our own atmosphere!Special Features:
- Good value pre - theatreGourmetDined on 19/9/2014I had an excellent starter soup. The food is good and reasonably priced if you take the pre-theatre menu. The staff are friendly and quick with service.I have used it several times before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice understated mealeatingscheatingDined on 18/9/2014We booked the three course top table meal which was great value. The food was tasty and the portion size was good. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- Understated qualityGannetDined on 15/9/2014Slightly off the beaten track at the east end of Longacre, Le Deuxieme is a small, smart French restaurant serving pretty, interesting and tasty dishes. They seem particularly polished with their seafood. The atmosphere is refined but understated. The service friendly and efficient. They seem well prepared for the pre theatre crowd and are well placed if your theatre is in the Drury Lane area. Prices are quite reasonable, the only quibble being the 15% service charge, reminding you that you are still close to Covent Garden and all the tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good againPedroDined on 13/9/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant is warm and inviting and high standards of decor and cleanliness are maintained. Coming slightly late or early for a reserved table is never (apparently) a problem and the staff are welcoming and efficient. The food is outstanding and the wine list is extensive. A great locationSpecial Features:
- Hits the spotsSalpeppaDined on 13/9/2014First time trying this French themed resto. Excellent welcome with knowledge of our OpenTable special offer request. The pleasant Kir Royale which was part of the deal could have done with a soupçon more cassis. A good menu with plenty of choice for the special offer menu, rather than the two of each course more often seen. A little over the top with the salt (the bacon in the sautéed potatoes especially so) but very nicely cooked and presented. A reasonably priced wine list to go with the meal. Excellent service, friendly not overly so. One of my biggest gripes in restaurants is seeing a waiter serve to a table and then return to the kitchen passing other tables with empties to remove and ignoring them. Not here. Nice clean toilet handwashSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion lunch for fourLadywholunchesDined on 13/9/2014Our reunion lunch was a great success. The restaurant is spotless and the staff very friendly. No musak!! There was another larger group in when we arrived but the noise level was OK. If all tables ahd been occupied it might have been hard to hear. We had the three course lunch with coffee. There was a good choice of dishes, it was well-cooked and presented. Overall we thought it great value for money, and there was no problem with our staying for three hours.Special Features:
- Le Deuxieme is First ClassCharlesGDined on 12/9/2014Enjoyed a meal with a business contact at Le Deuxieme the other day. Prompt, attentive service. Good choice, and good choices. Quiet midday, but that was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ExperienceHawkeseyDined on 8/9/2014Romantic dinner for two with my wife, whole experience was sublime, lovely atmosphere, prompt and efficient service from very friendly staff, food excellent and a reasonable cost for what you are gettingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but expensivefoodieDined on 7/9/2014I've been here many times, usually early evening using a special offer and have always been impressed. However, this must recent experience wasn't as good, we had a table at 8pm. Once seated we had to ask for the menu, then we had to ask again for wine menu, it seemed pretty ad hoc service and the restaurant wasn't even that busy. My friend and I decided we only wanted one course and a glass of wine each rather than the 3 courses with wine from the set menu or which I'd booked, when the bill came this was much more expensive than the offer. If I go again I'll make sure I go earlier in the evening and only dine on the offer / set menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Early dinner after matinee. Food pretty bland - not cooked with love.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchmrsfussyDined on 5/9/2014Excellent lunch. Wide menu choice, good portion size, perfectly cooked, not too 'clever' ie we didn't have to ask the meaning of ingredients and the combinations on each dish worked well. It was nice to be able to sit and talk without being deafened by surrounding noise. Would recommend it to anyone.
- bunterDined on 3/9/2014Wonderful food. Good atmosphere. Maitre d could be more in evidence in support of his charming waitress. Waiter less charming.Special Features:
- Great views and fantastic foodabexplorerDined on 2/9/2014We had a lovely meal at Le Deuxieme. The menu gave a good variety of dishes and the view of the Thames really added to the evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent againfoxintheboxDined on 31/8/2014We made a last minute booking and the place did not let us down. Food superb and service excellent. 3 course meal with wine is great value. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- late post theatreDonaaDined on 30/8/2014Despite it being late post theatre the service & food were very good. No rush when we were last in ( fortunately noisy table left) good deal on 3 courses & glass if Kir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening with friendsjannyDined on 28/8/2014Le Deuxieme hasn't let us down - their food is excellent and there is an extensive wine list. The three course set menu with a kir is good value and our vegetarian had a good choice of dishes too. We'll come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre MealdelicieuxVIPDined on 24/8/2014We'd eaten in Le Deuxième several times on the Sunday fixed price menu and were always previously very satisfied, however, on our last visit not only had the price gone up but the quality had gone down noticeably. In addition, we spotted that some food had been splashed on wall next to our table; it had clearly happened some time ago as it was dried on. Not a good impression at all. In my opinion, the Sunday menu is no longer a good deal and I would go elsewhere as there are far better options available within two minutes' walk.Special Features:
- Post-theatre visit.DinnermanDined on 23/8/2014Arrived at 10.30 p.m and really enjoyed freshly cooked dishes from a well balanced menu with excellent attentive service. Will certainly make return visit.Special Features:
- Excellent find in a great locationPSW1Dined on 22/8/2014Great food and excellent service. Surprisingly quiet but we were quite early, pre- theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!TinyGourmetDined on 19/8/2014Food beautifully presented and delicious. Wine was excellent. Waiter was friendly and attentive. The only negative was a lack of music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dead as a dodomoogieDined on 18/8/2014We went on a Monday night, which is often quieter than other nights but we were the only people there for most of the meal, and there is no music in the restaurant...tumbleweed moment! The service was good throughout and not too intrusive. But the food was varied. The starter of souffle was a nice taste and the sauce very cheesy. The entire main of sea trout and aubergine was very very oily. I left all of my vegetables as they were just inedible. The fish was cooked well. I wouldn't have had mash as a side had I known the meal would be so greasy. Dessert of summer pudding was fine, but didn't blow me away. For £30 with a Bellini the value wasn't bad, but there are other places doing this much better and sometimes cheaper.
- judeandgaynorDined on 16/8/2014My wife and I have been to Le Deuxieme on many occasions and as always the food was excellent served in a lovely atmosphere. It never fails to deliver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickdinnesDined on 16/8/2014Great food and good value- although chips for steak took ages to arrive. Service a bit steep at 15% which makes a bit of a joke of the deal- feels like you are being charged extra for the fact that they are giving you a deal.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceSmithyDined on 16/8/2014A new find for us and we were very impressed. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theatre dinnerpbsmDined on 13/8/2014My wife and I were impressed with all three courses of our dinner. Pleasant ambience. White linen cloth and napkins. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatreDulwichNosherDined on 12/8/2014The pre-theatre menu was good value. The food was excellent. The portions were generous. The service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxed lunch.SaltnPepperDined on 12/8/2014We meet there with friends for lunch and catch up, and it was ideal. It was unhurried, food and wine suggestions excellent. Easy to forget you are in the busy Covent Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choice before the theatrealisonpDined on 11/8/2014Service was attentive, food very good..and came quickly without feeling we were being rushed. Busy and good vibe. i rated 3 starts for value only because we picked a la carte and i thought the bill of £90 for 2 starters, 2 mains and 4 glasses of wines was a bit steep. the 2 course for 14.50 and 3 course for 16.50 was great value but didn't appeal as much as the a la carte!Special Features:
- Great find in Covent GardenDorsetDenDined on 10/8/2014We took advantage of the August Sunday value menu which included 1/2 bottle of wine. We were a bit concerned that the restaurant might be a bit posh, but the staff were welcoming and kind. The menu was simple but the food was well prepared and tasted great. The house wine was great too. It was an excellent start to our short break in London, and we hope to return next time we are in Covent Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant and enjoyableannamooDined on 9/8/2014had set menu with kir royale The whole meal was enjoyable especially dessertSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDinerDined on 8/8/2014We booked at this restaurant quite a long way in advance and have to say we were disappointed. The starters were ok. My partner had the steak for main which he said was nice but had been cooked well done instead of the rare that he asked for. I had the confit duck and cassoulet, the cassoulet had far too much meat in it and therefore made the whole dish far too rich. The lemon tart for pudding was delicious but I ordered the summer pudding which I have to say was disgusting. I even complained about it after the single spoonful I ate was enough to make me feel like I would lose the rest of my dinner. Overall a disappointing experience, and even after complaining they still added a 15% service charge to our bill automatically.
- poyntoluvvyDined on 6/8/2014We have been visiting this restaurant for many years always for pre or post opera or theatre meals ;it has always been superb welcoming and relaxing . we travel from Cheshire for the day by train and here we finish //// fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchMyrtleDined on 5/8/2014This restaurant had been on our list to visit for a long time, but for one reason or another we only managed it as a group this week. It was well worth the wait. The whole party enjoyed it very much. The service was efficient but not intrusive. The food was excellent, with so many good things on the menu it took a while to make our choice. Overall it was a very pleasant afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/8/2014One of the worst meals ever halibut served in a pool of water and texture so soft it could have been eaten with a spoon
- Loved this restaurant!LauraMDined on 1/8/2014We had a great dinner and enjoyed everything about the restaurant. The set menu was good value and had lots of choices to please everybody in our group. I'm sure we will return there in the future!Special Features:
- Good experiencePuddingDined on 31/7/2014Lovely food on special Opentable menu including glass of Kir. Good choice and knowledgeable waiter who helped with specific dietary requirements. One bottle of wine was corked and replaced immediately with no fuss followed by knowledgeable discussion on the wine.Special Features:
- Nice dining..247funVIPDined on 27/7/2014it was a nice dining experience as food and services are excellent...Special Features: