Le Garrick - Covent Garden
10 - 12 Garrick Street
London, WC2E 9BHNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
Le Garrick - Covent Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frenchrestaurantlondon.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072407649x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 10:30pm non stop
Sunday 12pm - 5pm from last week of November till end of December
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Bistro, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Every party is different and adapted to your needs.
From buffet to table service, open bar to cash bar. kids area with nanny on request, dj, music band.
Having Le Garrick to you and your guest is quiet a feeling when you are downstairs. Check the album craigs birthday, It'll speak for itself.
A word from Le Garrick - Covent Garden
Le Garrick Restaurant located in the middle of London's theatreland is an intimate French restaurant that's a favourite with theattrical types, business people and lovers of French cuisine.There is a homely restaurant at ground level,while at lower ground level the friendly bar/dining room has intimate nooks for romantic moments. Le Garrick's menu features classics and favourites of French bistro cooking, dishes like grilled enrecote with sauce poivre and pommes frites and lemon tarte with creme fraiche among the classic desserts. The two course prix fixe menu is a lifesaver pre-theatre. The almost entirely French wine list offers wines by the carafe as well as the bottle and glass. In an area that's chockablock with chain eateries, Le Garrick is a one-off.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
Le Garrick - Covent Garden - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Le Garrick - Covent Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
377 reviews since 20 October 2013
pre/post theatre (276)romance (210)special occasions (135)fit for foodies (92)outstanding value (56)business meals (48)group bookings (44)sunday lunch (25)outdoor eating (16)brunch (14)child friendly (10)good vegetarian options (8)disabled access (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Loved itTheBFGDined on 18/10/2014We booked for a Saturday asking for a window table if possible with only 2 days notice. We arrived around 10 minutes early and were offered a pavement seat until our table became free, aperitifs were ordered and arrived promptly. Table was ready on time and the waitress was keen to ask if the table was to our liking, which it was. Service at the table was efficient and friendly and there was no delay with either the drinks or the food courses without being pushy. Dinner was delightful and both of us enjoyed the food immensely. It felt very French country style and was a pleasure to dine here. I would recommend and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok if you like bovrilMikeDined on 17/10/2014The restaurant is cluttered. Small tables in nooks, crannies and the corridor. To be fair we asked to be moved from a table for two backing into a corridor and were give table for four. The service was acceptable but the food was very poor. My wife's salad dressing of 'Balsamic vinegar' tasted of bovril. Her main course of salmon was uninspiring. My French Onion soup and Boeuf Bourguignon both tasted the same - Bovril. We told the manager we will not be returning. We didn't bother to stay for a dessert. Better to eat at home where you know what you are getting
- Excellent food & serviceKGNW5Dined on 16/10/2014We were late for our reservation by at least 20 minutes but the staff was nonetheless very accommodating. Service was extremely quick, and the food was delicious. Perhaps not good value for money was Le Garrick burger - very small amount of meat when compared to the faux filet or boeuf Bourguignon. Lovely atmosphere despite being sat upstairs. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Splendid French food - again!ItalophileDined on 15/10/2014Visited for an evening meal with friends. We asked to keep the table for longer than two hours which was no problem. Service was friendly and efficient, as expected, and there is always a good and vibrant atmosphere here. Everyone enjoyed what they ate; my calamari and duck confit both excellent. Unfortunately they had run out if our first choice red wine but 2nd choice was excellent too! And the shots of Marc on the house at the end were appreciated...all in all, it's hard to fault this place. Just make sure you bring an appetite, as the menu does tend towards the hearty...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightdiners55Dined on 11/10/2014Service was excellent and staff vey friendly. Lovely food. We sat downstairs which had a good atmosphere although bit noisy well full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , atmosphere and staffWorpleDined on 11/10/2014We were very pleased with our meal here. The place has a great atmosphere and the food was delicious and very French. The waiting staff could not have been friendlier . It s great spot for a pre theatre early dinner right in the heart of theatreland. Highly recommend as prices and wine not outrageously priced for central LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely meal hereLottyDined on 9/10/2014Lovely atmosphere and a very nice, not over the top menu. A great place for a relaxed dinner with friends or a cozy dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pre theatre. We love it!PaulsCoDined on 8/10/2014Apart from it's little quirky character the first thing that hits you about this restaurant is the overwhelmingly friendly staff. Everybody is just so nice, happy and welcoming. We just love this place for pre theatre dinner but would return anytime really, good food too!.Special Features:
- Lovely evening in Le GarrickweemanoDined on 4/10/2014Myself and my wife really enjoyed our meal in Le Garrick. The atmosphere was great and the service was friendly and attentive. It was our wedding anniversary and the restaurant offered us a little treat to celebrate this!! I would recommend this restaurant to other diners looking for good French foodSpecial Features:
- Overall ok"....PaulDined on 4/10/2014....but could have been better. Starters and wine excellent but duck chewy and unappealing . Wine was excellent and service friendly but probably will not return as better alternativesSpecial Features:
- cosy and cuteRememberadaDined on 3/10/2014A nice, cosy place, great ambiance and friendly staff. The food was good and not too pricey given the location.Special Features:
- Epitome of FrenchPhilip63Dined on 27/9/2014Second time at Le Garrick and we all enjoyed the food. The set menu option was good value, the staff attentive and courteous and the atmosphere very French. A good bet and excellent location.Special Features:
- pleasant experiencefellDined on 26/9/2014having passed this restaurant on several occasions it was great to finally go. we were not disappointed and the food and service was very good . great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal2leavesDined on 23/9/2014We've eaten here before. it is consistently good. The staff are friendly and attentive without making you feel watched. The food is excellent, cooked just right, 'comfort' food, not artfully designed food. This visit exemplified everything that they get right. I was on time for the booking. My husband was half an hour late. During this time I was brought water, bread, wine and 'don't worry about the table' reassurance. When he did arrive they got our dinner to us in plenty of time for us to still make our theatre booking, whisking dirty plates away and bringing the next course quickly. And the food did't suffer. The steaks were cooked just right - which sees to be harder and harder to get, even in very very expensive restaurants these days.Special Features:
- It really was French!ColinasDined on 20/9/2014The whole experience was French. Food, amience and staff, all genuine French! Tres bien!Special Features:
- Great Little FindSaucyjackDined on 17/9/2014Had a really lovely evening here catching up with friends. The waiters were attentive and helpful, and the starter of snails was delicious. The main of beef in red wine wasn't quite as good, as the beef was erring on the tough side - however the wine was lovely and the overall ambiance made up for this. Perfect for a romantic meal with a loved one, first date, catch up with friends or a business dinner - this fantastic restaurant has hidden depths, with a very cosy and atmospheric basement seating area. I'd recommend Le Garrick without hesitation.Special Features:
- Simply DeliciousAnamalgirlDined on 13/9/2014Wonderful food, good price, friendly service. Will be going back there soon!Special Features:
- This is a special placeBillDined on 13/9/2014Le Garrick has atmosphere, offers reasonable value, real French classics and the service is enthusiastic, fun and...really French. It doesn't have to try painfully hard to succeed because it is not pretentious. Plus other customers, theatre goers and non-theatre goers alike enjoy Le Garrick, so it thrives. If you could transport a complete French restaurant from Paris to London, in a bubble, Le Garrick would be the result. If you like real French food...parfait. If you are not too certain...its good fun and you will find enough possibilities on the menu to really enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Food was only OK, The tuna was overdone and the duck was dry and uninspired. The setting was lovely, but my water glass spent most of the meal empty. Could have been much worse, but will not be at the top of my list for return visits...Special Features:
- Impressed my French guest!bargainhunterDined on 13/9/2014We had a lovely meal pre-theatre, managed to book a table upstairs earlier in the day but was busy when we arrived so nice atmosphere. Service was a little slow to begin with (waited quite a while for wine), but picked up once we had starter, very attentive. Food was lovely and pleased my French guest who said it reminded her of home and made her very happy! Very enjoyable meal overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as expectedrustyDined on 13/9/2014Went to le Garrick at 3pm on Saturday, so not overly busy. The waiter was great and the drinks were good value. However , the food was disappointing ,the tuna steak was so dry it was inedible and my steak was a bit stringy.The ambience was really good and we sat outside for drinks first and that did give you the Paris feel. It would be difficult to recommend as it was below average, but they might have had a bad day.
- Epicjayci23Dined on 12/9/2014I loved this place! It's quirky but still romantic & in a fantastic location, right between Leicester Square & Covent Garden. The food was delicious & very affordable plus we received the best service i've ever had! (If Virginie is serving you it will be an experience you'll never forget). I highly recommend on all accounts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming eateryt in the West End.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014A lovely small French restaurant between Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square. We dined downstairs in the cellars. The cellars have low lighting with candles on the table. A nice ambiance and perfect for a romantic evening. The service was very friendly and prompt. The food was tasty and very reasonable. A little Gem in the heart of the West End of London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimbaDined on 11/9/2014Lovely intimate evening at Le Garrick - as I have come to expect!Special Features:
- Food excellentBigHDined on 10/9/2014The food was excellent and the service was very attentive without being overbearing. Had a wonderful meal and would definitely come sin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy and relaxed diningWeaselDined on 6/9/2014I booked here for a birthday meal with Mrs Weasel based on reviews on this site and was not disappointed. We both like restaurants to be lively and vibrant with the service to be friendly and attentive without being too in your face and asking if everything is ok after every mouthful. Le Garrick gets everything spot on in this respect and the bill was very reasonable too for the area. The weakest point was actually the food which we thought was only average, we both had duck (one magret and one confit) which were unremarkable but I've had a lot worse. I'll defo go back and try something else another day though as the atmopshere and all-French (or faux French?) waiting staff were wonderful.Special Features:
- CharmingMondaineDined on 4/9/2014Excellent French type menu of authentic French food and very enthusiastic and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Good convenient French restaurantAnopheles5050VIPDined on 2/9/2014Le Garrick is a pleasant if crowded French restaurant close to both Covent Garden and Leicester Square. Tables are packed together so it is best to try and book in advance by the window. The basement can get a bit claustrophobic. Food is good but no exceptional. Staff are friendly and efficient. The speed of service can be surprising - our starters arrived within about five minutes of placing the order - but didn't seem to suffer as a result. Good fallback if nowhere else is available or appeals.
- Outstanding in all respectsJonCDined on 2/9/2014Great food, service, ambience - I honestly have no complaint about this restaurant. It's centrally located near the theatre district so it's great for food before/after and also to Leicester Square or Charing Cross station. The wine list is simple but sufficient for the restaurant. The food comes fast and the servers bring a certain jolliness rarely seen in most London establishments.Special Features:
- Excellentlixsl20Dined on 1/9/2014Booked last minute for a graduation/birthday celebration. Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Made it a very special evening. Good food and atmosphere. A little bit of France in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTom198025pDined on 29/8/2014The food was very tasty. The tables are small and 5 of us were sited at only 2 small tables. Very good service well worth the service charge included.Special Features:
- Lovely for date nightLittleMissSunshineDined on 28/8/2014We went at Le Garrick for a Thursday night date and we were very pleased with our choice. Another review said 'perfect for date night' and it's absolutely true! The food was very good, the service was fast and good (maybe a bit too attentive, asking us always if we're ok or need anything). All the waiters have a fake French accent but that's quite nice for the whole french experience. I highly recommend the creme bruelee (hope I spelled it right).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre dinnerUKHollyDayDined on 28/8/2014Booked online and requested a seat by window upstairs which they accommodated, even though I only booked on the day for an early (6pm) dinner. Tasty meal, served quickly by friendly staff. All tables upstairs were full which created a nice buzz. Good menu choice serving traditional French food and selection of wines which were reasonably priced. Had the cheese for dessert and it was outstanding. There is seating downstairs, which is where toilets are located, but not easy to get to if you have mobility issues (or a glass too many!)Special Features:
- Solid French DiningEgbunoDined on 27/8/2014Thoroughly enjoyable dinner in this delightful cellar restaurant. First-rate French cooking and a good-value wine list. Service was a little slow towards the end of the evening but it was mid-week and we came in late. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- great service, food and ambienceemln22Dined on 23/8/2014We went to le garrick after the theatre and to celebrate my dads birthday. The staff were great and very friendly. Food was traditional french food and delicious. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early doorspodofketteringDined on 20/8/2014Despite being half an hour early for our booking our table (upstairs by the window as requested ) was ready for us. A post matinee dinner before the train home at 8pm was the plan. An excellent French meal was had by the four of us. Faultless classical French cooking. An excellent not too expensive wine list and outstanding service from our waiter (who turned out to be Italian!!). A most enjoyable experience. We shall return (again)Special Features:
- FantasticMandM01Dined on 16/8/2014We were greatly impressed with this little restaurant. Amazing, authentic food and friendly service with a great atmosphere - all for a good price. The fondue for 2 starter was very tasty! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speedy food delivery!Charliesangel02Dined on 16/8/2014We were seated downstairs in the basement on a tiny table that had been put in a doorway to maximise every single bit of floor space in this small restaurant. We asked if we could sit at a different table only to be told there weren't any available. Funny that, as I could see about 5 that were empty for the entire time we were there. We both ordered the baby chicken - it arrived literally 5 minutes after we ordered it. At first we thought there was no way they could cook a chicken that fast, but I guess they have several cooking constantly?! The chocolate fondant was delicious!! This could be a very romantic restaurant - but only if you get a decent table. Staff were friendly.Special Features:
- Very good French RestaurantstephanDined on 15/8/2014Very googd restaurant, so charming.... a little piece of France...Special Features:
- LovelyLindylou601Dined on 9/8/2014Really enjoyed the food and ambience of Le Garrick. Perfect for a date night!Special Features: