Le Garrick - Covent Garden
10 - 12 Garrick Street
London, WC2E 9BHNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
Le Garrick - Covent Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frenchrestaurantlondon.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7240 7649
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 10:30pm non stop
Sunday 12pm - 5pm from last week of November till end of December
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Bistro, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Every party is different and adapted to your needs.
From buffet to table service, open bar to cash bar. kids area with nanny on request, dj, music band.
Having Le Garrick to you and your guest is quiet a feeling when you are downstairs. Check the album craigs birthday, It'll speak for itself.
A word from Le Garrick - Covent Garden
Le Garrick Restaurant located in the middle of London's theatreland is an intimate French restaurant that's a favourite with theattrical types, business people and lovers of French cuisine.There is a homely restaurant at ground level,while at lower ground level the friendly bar/dining room has intimate nooks for romantic moments. Le Garrick's menu features classics and favourites of French bistro cooking, dishes like grilled enrecote with sauce poivre and pommes frites and lemon tarte with creme fraiche among the classic desserts. The two course prix fixe menu is a lifesaver pre-theatre. The almost entirely French wine list offers wines by the carafe as well as the bottle and glass. In an area that's chockablock with chain eateries, Le Garrick is a one-off.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPre/post Theatre
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
Le Garrick - Covent Garden - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Le Garrick - Covent Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
372 reviews since 24 November 2013
pre/post theatre (265)romance (207)special occasions (133)fit for foodies (99)outstanding value (58)business meals (48)group bookings (43)sunday lunch (28)outdoor eating (19)brunch (14)child friendly (11)good vegetarian options (8)disabled access (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- a piece of Paris in LondonMatchDined on 21/11/2014On Friday night it was fully booked and for a reason. Nice food, lovely atmosphere. The only problem I can mention is that there is no bar area where one can wait for other(s). Otherwise all positive experience. Good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 20/11/2014Picked restaurant for family get togeather. Pleasant atmosphere and good food made for a great evening. I would recommend and will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!LequoiseDined on 20/11/2014It was my boyfriend's birthday and the staff brought him a little candle and sang happy birthday! It was so nice because I'd mentioned that in the booking a week ago and they'd remembered. The food was also delicious and so we left much fatter than we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, average foodTollieDined on 15/11/2014Walking into this place was like walking into a little Paris! Staff all speaking french, small tables with candle light and a fantastic Parisian atmosphere! We came pre theatre but ordered from the main menu. Food was OK, nothing to get too excited about. My starter came out cold but otherwise no big qualms. Would definitely visit again for the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Catch up with friendsSurvDined on 13/11/2014First visit with friends and was not disappointed. Had a great catch up. Staff were attentive but also gave you space. Was first visit for them too and they loved it. Will definitely be visiting again. Make sure you book especially pre theatre times. Loom forward to next visit ;) xxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab week night mealA1222Dined on 12/11/2014I went here with my dad on a recommendation from a friend and finally found somewhere we both agree on! We were 30 mins early but they seated us straight away with a welcoming smile. Although it was a Wednesday evening it was very busy which is always a good sign. I had the mussels, duck confit and the most amazing chocolate mousse. The staff were polite and friendly and the wine was reasonably priced. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, shame about the coffeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/11/2014I have been to Le Garrick a few times, food always good, authentically French and fair value for it's location - but don't bother with an espresso, way off the mark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!tophatDined on 10/11/2014The ambience was delightful, the staff were excellent and the food was supremeSpecial Features:
- Excellent ambiancePedroDined on 8/11/2014We were seated downstairs which is by far the best floor of the restaurant. The duck was good but a bit sweet, maybe is just because I prefer spicy and hot foods. The desserts were the best, creme brûlée was perfect! The wine was really good as well, a Roncier that fitted the duck in perfection. Overall was a sort of romantic dinner and the bill came at around £90 with appetisers, main course, desserts and a bottle of wine. I recommend.Special Features:
- Great venue for informal supperDorsetgirlDined on 8/11/2014We were well looked after on a busy Saturday night. Menu satisfied all including a vegetarian and wine was good value. Highly recommend as great Saturday night venue but need to book!Special Features:
- AmazingstephanDined on 1/11/2014Very good french restaurant. Very good situation and good cookingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic mealDonRicoDined on 1/11/2014Yes, yes, yes, the reviews are right. This is a great place to go for a romantic date. Make sure to get a table downstairs. The waiting staff are excellent. They really make you feel welcome. The tables are arranged in such a way to give everyone some privacy. The decor is great, the candles, mirrors, exposed brickwork, etc. Lovely ambiance. The champagne was excellent too. My only criticism is of the food. I had beouf bourgingnon which was very average - I've had much better at Cafe Rouge. And my date's fish had bones in it - please, please take the bones out - most of us are poor at de-boning fish especially by candle light. But, overall, a wonderful experience. And a very special thank you to our charming waitress. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceHevsdinerDined on 1/11/2014We had a lovely late lunch after a girly day shopping. The ambiance was great and the food delicious, the staff were attentive and efficient. Not a big restaurant but the way it is set out gives a nice casual buzz. French restaurant where the staff actually appear to be French, or at least French speaking. Enjoyed our afternoon there and would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 31/10/2014Really lovely food and a fantastic atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We would really recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably terrific food and wine.MF2CD1Dined on 30/10/2014I've been going there for 24 years. That occupies my 50 allotted characters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sarah47Dined on 29/10/2014The food was awful!We had to send our soup back as it was cold it was still cold when it came back. I would not call this French food this place has gone down hill fast! I would not suggest it to anyone
- Le Garrick - worth a visit!J596Dined on 28/10/2014Still there, and as good as ever. Very buzzy (Full on a Tuesday night). French bistro atmosphere, and good honest French food to match it. My friend, who had never been before, is already making plans to go back. Food was good quality, tasty, and despite the numbers was served at a reasonable pace, whilst not making us feel rushed. Sevice was 5 star - excellant waitress, good sense of humour, & helpful with advice. Wine was reasonably priced, especially for the location. Seating is quite tight, so there is a hum of background conversation - but not overpowering, just adds to the ambience. I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- LovelyBurgerDined on 28/10/2014What a gem in the middle of Soho. Great French food in a very cosy setting. Lorraine and Elodie are great characters and make your meal very special. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not good enoughSwissgirlDined on 25/10/2014Great location for a get-together. However, as the food was good but not exceptional and there are many more restaurants in London to try, we will not be back. I recommend this restaurant to people going out for a meal with a group of friends, with parents or work colleagues, i.e. when the ambiance is more important than what is on the plate.Special Features:
- A gem of a French restaurantHillersDined on 25/10/2014Found this on Open Table whilst looking for somewhere for a pre theatre meal. Location and price was just the ticket and they had a slot at a time to suit so booked it up. After having had pretty poor service levels the night before at the Swan at the Globe, the thing that stood out at Le Garrick was the friendly, quick and attentive service levels. Just had a burger and chips - or should I say steack haché et frites - but it was formidable. And the café gourmand - coffee with a selection of small desserts - was gorgeous. We have fallen in love with canelés! Sadly I can't remember the waitress' name - but she was a star - we will be back next time we are in London - that's a certainty!Special Features:
- Good mealPBH1Dined on 25/10/2014Nothing fancy, but classic French menu, and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Our favourite restaurant2leavesDined on 21/10/2014This a little piece of France in London and we love it every time we go. The staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful, the food is consistently very good the wine is excellent value. We often make the trip there (about an hour across the city) rather than eat in the many restaurants closer to home - it is a home from home. We taken heaps of friends here and the all love it.Special Features:
- Excellent foodCorkiDined on 18/10/2014A really good meal with hearty food. Very good value for money as well. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Loved itTheBFGDined on 18/10/2014We booked for a Saturday asking for a window table if possible with only 2 days notice. We arrived around 10 minutes early and were offered a pavement seat until our table became free, aperitifs were ordered and arrived promptly. Table was ready on time and the waitress was keen to ask if the table was to our liking, which it was. Service at the table was efficient and friendly and there was no delay with either the drinks or the food courses without being pushy. Dinner was delightful and both of us enjoyed the food immensely. It felt very French country style and was a pleasure to dine here. I would recommend and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyKotsilver1Dined on 18/10/2014Great service, very nice food, we were sat in the basement, great atmosphere. Will definitely come again.
- Ok if you like bovrilMikeDined on 17/10/2014The restaurant is cluttered. Small tables in nooks, crannies and the corridor. To be fair we asked to be moved from a table for two backing into a corridor and were give table for four. The service was acceptable but the food was very poor. My wife's salad dressing of 'Balsamic vinegar' tasted of bovril. Her main course of salmon was uninspiring. My French Onion soup and Boeuf Bourguignon both tasted the same - Bovril. We told the manager we will not be returning. We didn't bother to stay for a dessert. Better to eat at home where you know what you are getting
- Excellent food & serviceKGNW5Dined on 16/10/2014We were late for our reservation by at least 20 minutes but the staff was nonetheless very accommodating. Service was extremely quick, and the food was delicious. Perhaps not good value for money was Le Garrick burger - very small amount of meat when compared to the faux filet or boeuf Bourguignon. Lovely atmosphere despite being sat upstairs. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Splendid French food - again!ItalophileDined on 15/10/2014Visited for an evening meal with friends. We asked to keep the table for longer than two hours which was no problem. Service was friendly and efficient, as expected, and there is always a good and vibrant atmosphere here. Everyone enjoyed what they ate; my calamari and duck confit both excellent. Unfortunately they had run out if our first choice red wine but 2nd choice was excellent too! And the shots of Marc on the house at the end were appreciated...all in all, it's hard to fault this place. Just make sure you bring an appetite, as the menu does tend towards the hearty...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightdiners55Dined on 11/10/2014Service was excellent and staff vey friendly. Lovely food. We sat downstairs which had a good atmosphere although bit noisy well full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , atmosphere and staffWorpleDined on 11/10/2014We were very pleased with our meal here. The place has a great atmosphere and the food was delicious and very French. The waiting staff could not have been friendlier . It s great spot for a pre theatre early dinner right in the heart of theatreland. Highly recommend as prices and wine not outrageously priced for central LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely meal hereLottyDined on 9/10/2014Lovely atmosphere and a very nice, not over the top menu. A great place for a relaxed dinner with friends or a cozy dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best pre theatre. We love it!PaulsCoDined on 8/10/2014Apart from it's little quirky character the first thing that hits you about this restaurant is the overwhelmingly friendly staff. Everybody is just so nice, happy and welcoming. We just love this place for pre theatre dinner but would return anytime really, good food too!.Special Features:
- Lovely evening in Le GarrickweemanoDined on 4/10/2014Myself and my wife really enjoyed our meal in Le Garrick. The atmosphere was great and the service was friendly and attentive. It was our wedding anniversary and the restaurant offered us a little treat to celebrate this!! I would recommend this restaurant to other diners looking for good French foodSpecial Features:
- Overall ok"....PaulDined on 4/10/2014....but could have been better. Starters and wine excellent but duck chewy and unappealing . Wine was excellent and service friendly but probably will not return as better alternativesSpecial Features:
- cosy and cuteRememberadaDined on 3/10/2014A nice, cosy place, great ambiance and friendly staff. The food was good and not too pricey given the location.Special Features:
- Epitome of FrenchPhilip63Dined on 27/9/2014Second time at Le Garrick and we all enjoyed the food. The set menu option was good value, the staff attentive and courteous and the atmosphere very French. A good bet and excellent location.Special Features:
- pleasant experiencefellDined on 26/9/2014having passed this restaurant on several occasions it was great to finally go. we were not disappointed and the food and service was very good . great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal2leavesDined on 23/9/2014We've eaten here before. it is consistently good. The staff are friendly and attentive without making you feel watched. The food is excellent, cooked just right, 'comfort' food, not artfully designed food. This visit exemplified everything that they get right. I was on time for the booking. My husband was half an hour late. During this time I was brought water, bread, wine and 'don't worry about the table' reassurance. When he did arrive they got our dinner to us in plenty of time for us to still make our theatre booking, whisking dirty plates away and bringing the next course quickly. And the food did't suffer. The steaks were cooked just right - which sees to be harder and harder to get, even in very very expensive restaurants these days.Special Features:
- It really was French!ColinasDined on 20/9/2014The whole experience was French. Food, amience and staff, all genuine French! Tres bien!Special Features:
- Great Little FindSaucyjackDined on 17/9/2014Had a really lovely evening here catching up with friends. The waiters were attentive and helpful, and the starter of snails was delicious. The main of beef in red wine wasn't quite as good, as the beef was erring on the tough side - however the wine was lovely and the overall ambiance made up for this. Perfect for a romantic meal with a loved one, first date, catch up with friends or a business dinner - this fantastic restaurant has hidden depths, with a very cosy and atmospheric basement seating area. I'd recommend Le Garrick without hesitation.Special Features: