Le Garrick - Covent Garden
10 - 12 Garrick Street
London, WC2E 9BHNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £25 and under
Le Garrick - Covent Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frenchrestaurantlondon.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072407649x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 10:30pm non stop
Sunday 12pm - 5pm from last week of November till end of December
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Bistro, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Every party is different and adapted to your needs.
From buffet to table service, open bar to cash bar. kids area with nanny on request, dj, music band.
Having Le Garrick to you and your guest is quiet a feeling when you are downstairs. Check the album craigs birthday, It'll speak for itself.
A word from Le Garrick - Covent Garden
Le Garrick Restaurant located in the middle of London's theatreland is an intimate French restaurant that's a favourite with theattrical types, business people and lovers of French cuisine.There is a homely restaurant at ground level,while at lower ground level the friendly bar/dining room has intimate nooks for romantic moments. Le Garrick's menu features classics and favourites of French bistro cooking, dishes like grilled enrecote with sauce poivre and pommes frites and lemon tarte with creme fraiche among the classic desserts. The two course prix fixe menu is a lifesaver pre-theatre. The almost entirely French wine list offers wines by the carafe as well as the bottle and glass. In an area that's chockablock with chain eateries, Le Garrick is a one-off.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
Le Garrick - Covent Garden - Best restaurants in Covent Garden ›
Le Garrick - Covent Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
380 reviews since 21 May 2014
pre/post theatre (285)romance (209)special occasions (132)fit for foodies (92)outstanding value (57)group bookings (44)business meals (43)sunday lunch (27)outdoor eating (18)brunch (14)child friendly (11)good vegetarian options (8)afternoon tea (2)disabled access (1)Show More
- Simply DeliciousAnamalgirlDined on 13/9/2014Wonderful food, good price, friendly service. Will be going back there soon!Special Features:
- Meh!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Food was only OK, The tuna was overdone and the duck was dry and uninspired. The setting was lovely, but my water glass spent most of the meal empty. Could have been much worse, but will not be at the top of my list for return visits...Special Features:
- Impressed my French guest!bargainhunterDined on 13/9/2014We had a lovely meal pre-theatre, managed to book a table upstairs earlier in the day but was busy when we arrived so nice atmosphere. Service was a little slow to begin with (waited quite a while for wine), but picked up once we had starter, very attentive. Food was lovely and pleased my French guest who said it reminded her of home and made her very happy! Very enjoyable meal overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as expectedrustyDined on 13/9/2014Went to le Garrick at 3pm on Saturday, so not overly busy. The waiter was great and the drinks were good value. However , the food was disappointing ,the tuna steak was so dry it was inedible and my steak was a bit stringy.The ambience was really good and we sat outside for drinks first and that did give you the Paris feel. It would be difficult to recommend as it was below average, but they might have had a bad day.
- Epicjayci23Dined on 12/9/2014I loved this place! It's quirky but still romantic & in a fantastic location, right between Leicester Square & Covent Garden. The food was delicious & very affordable plus we received the best service i've ever had! (If Virginie is serving you it will be an experience you'll never forget). I highly recommend on all accounts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming eateryt in the West End.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014A lovely small French restaurant between Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square. We dined downstairs in the cellars. The cellars have low lighting with candles on the table. A nice ambiance and perfect for a romantic evening. The service was very friendly and prompt. The food was tasty and very reasonable. A little Gem in the heart of the West End of London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimbaDined on 11/9/2014Lovely intimate evening at Le Garrick - as I have come to expect!Special Features:
- Food excellentBigHDined on 10/9/2014The food was excellent and the service was very attentive without being overbearing. Had a wonderful meal and would definitely come sin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosy and relaxed diningWeaselDined on 6/9/2014I booked here for a birthday meal with Mrs Weasel based on reviews on this site and was not disappointed. We both like restaurants to be lively and vibrant with the service to be friendly and attentive without being too in your face and asking if everything is ok after every mouthful. Le Garrick gets everything spot on in this respect and the bill was very reasonable too for the area. The weakest point was actually the food which we thought was only average, we both had duck (one magret and one confit) which were unremarkable but I've had a lot worse. I'll defo go back and try something else another day though as the atmopshere and all-French (or faux French?) waiting staff were wonderful.Special Features:
- CharmingMondaineDined on 4/9/2014Excellent French type menu of authentic French food and very enthusiastic and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Outstanding in all respectsJonCDined on 2/9/2014Great food, service, ambience - I honestly have no complaint about this restaurant. It's centrally located near the theatre district so it's great for food before/after and also to Leicester Square or Charing Cross station. The wine list is simple but sufficient for the restaurant. The food comes fast and the servers bring a certain jolliness rarely seen in most London establishments.Special Features:
- Excellentlixsl20Dined on 1/9/2014Booked last minute for a graduation/birthday celebration. Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Made it a very special evening. Good food and atmosphere. A little bit of France in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTom198025pDined on 29/8/2014The food was very tasty. The tables are small and 5 of us were sited at only 2 small tables. Very good service well worth the service charge included.Special Features:
- Lovely for date nightLittleMissSunshineDined on 28/8/2014We went at Le Garrick for a Thursday night date and we were very pleased with our choice. Another review said 'perfect for date night' and it's absolutely true! The food was very good, the service was fast and good (maybe a bit too attentive, asking us always if we're ok or need anything). All the waiters have a fake French accent but that's quite nice for the whole french experience. I highly recommend the creme bruelee (hope I spelled it right).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre dinnerUKHollyDayDined on 28/8/2014Booked online and requested a seat by window upstairs which they accommodated, even though I only booked on the day for an early (6pm) dinner. Tasty meal, served quickly by friendly staff. All tables upstairs were full which created a nice buzz. Good menu choice serving traditional French food and selection of wines which were reasonably priced. Had the cheese for dessert and it was outstanding. There is seating downstairs, which is where toilets are located, but not easy to get to if you have mobility issues (or a glass too many!)Special Features:
- Solid French DiningEgbunoDined on 27/8/2014Thoroughly enjoyable dinner in this delightful cellar restaurant. First-rate French cooking and a good-value wine list. Service was a little slow towards the end of the evening but it was mid-week and we came in late. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- great service, food and ambienceemln22Dined on 23/8/2014We went to le garrick after the theatre and to celebrate my dads birthday. The staff were great and very friendly. Food was traditional french food and delicious. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early doorspodofketteringDined on 20/8/2014Despite being half an hour early for our booking our table (upstairs by the window as requested ) was ready for us. A post matinee dinner before the train home at 8pm was the plan. An excellent French meal was had by the four of us. Faultless classical French cooking. An excellent not too expensive wine list and outstanding service from our waiter (who turned out to be Italian!!). A most enjoyable experience. We shall return (again)Special Features:
- FantasticMandM01Dined on 16/8/2014We were greatly impressed with this little restaurant. Amazing, authentic food and friendly service with a great atmosphere - all for a good price. The fondue for 2 starter was very tasty! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speedy food delivery!Charliesangel02Dined on 16/8/2014We were seated downstairs in the basement on a tiny table that had been put in a doorway to maximise every single bit of floor space in this small restaurant. We asked if we could sit at a different table only to be told there weren't any available. Funny that, as I could see about 5 that were empty for the entire time we were there. We both ordered the baby chicken - it arrived literally 5 minutes after we ordered it. At first we thought there was no way they could cook a chicken that fast, but I guess they have several cooking constantly?! The chocolate fondant was delicious!! This could be a very romantic restaurant - but only if you get a decent table. Staff were friendly.Special Features:
- Very good French RestaurantstephanDined on 15/8/2014Very googd restaurant, so charming.... a little piece of France...Special Features:
- LovelyLindylou601Dined on 9/8/2014Really enjoyed the food and ambience of Le Garrick. Perfect for a date night!Special Features:
- Good simple French foodJSTSVIPDined on 9/8/2014We were a party of six and I was paying to treat my friends. The service was very slow which meant that I had to order more wine than I intended as we often sat without any food or without our plates being cleared away. We waited a very long time for our food order to be taken too. That said, the food was very good. Simple French classics and decent size portions. Although two of my guests loved their scallops, they ordered Coquilles St Jacques, but instead received a green salad with scallops on the top. I have booked another table in a couple of weeks time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceEuroDined on 8/8/2014The staffs are attentive. The food was very nice. Took the calamari for start . Very nice, full of flavour. Would like to go back to try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014We have eaten at this restauraunt 6 times now, and always have a great experience, love itSpecial Features:
- Splendid dinnerjcsh40Dined on 2/8/2014Had a post theatre dinner, the pate starter was sublime, all the food was cooked to perfection and the chocolate mousse was totally extravagant. The staff were very helpful and cheery. The atmosphere was intimate and comfortable. Perfect.Special Features:
- Bonne cuisineJuKaDined on 31/7/2014Nice Service, nice atmosphere, nice food. All good and would definitely consider going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le GarrickFMLondonDined on 29/7/2014I went for an early dinner with family. from the moment we arrived, we received the warmest welcome and the service continued to be outstanding. Our main waitress was exceptional. Le Garrick is a delightful French restaurant with excellent food and a very lovely atmosphere. I'll definitely be back very soon.Special Features:
- ExcellentScotty58Dined on 26/7/2014As always a real treat. The food was lovely, great service and nice atmosphere. A little haven from the hustle and bustle of busy London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever consistent...SMfoodieVIPDined on 25/7/2014Le Garrick has become something of a favorite for us as a pre-theatre venue. Great location, nice French menu, friendly service and quick enough to get you to the theatre in time! Well recommended.Special Features:
- As wonderful as everAndyTDined on 23/7/2014Despite being stood up by my dining partner I was never hurried to order or leave, even on a busy sunny lunchtime. Very swift and friendly service from Domi and the team, and I'd be in there every week if I could.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pre Theatre MealDaveCDined on 21/7/2014My wife and I enjoyed an excellent meal at Le Garrick before going to the theatre. The service was excellent and the staff were friendly and sincere. The menu is not extensive but what is on offer is varied and represents good value and is cooked to perfection. It scores maximum points on all levels and we will definitely return when we next go to London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic french foodRobSE1Dined on 19/7/2014Warm and friendly service from a great team, serving delicious French food in cosy setting. The air conditioning was really welcome on the hottest night of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garrick DiningAllieVIPDined on 12/7/2014Close to theatre land Le Garrick is a busy -2 floor bistro, serving Frnech food. The downstairs area is quaint but the tables are very close together and it can be quite noisey. We ordered the duck breast which was a good size but some pieces were not too tender. The waiter had a diffcult time moving between the tables, which spoiled it a bit. OK for pretheatre dinner when you don't have much time but a bit too crowded for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb and friendly serviceMichaelDined on 7/7/2014Exceptional service and great food. Recommend Le Garrick pre and post theatre or a simple evening with a close friend. A wonderful little restaurant to while the night away over good conversation, food and drink.Special Features:
- Le Garrick - great for pre-theatreSMfoodieVIPDined on 5/7/2014Consistently good food, quick, efficient and pleasant service and sensible value for money. We don't look much further for a pre-theatre bite...Special Features:
- Not up to expectationsSergeifromITDined on 4/7/2014Highly recommended, and with such high hopes bit of a let down really. No more than OK. Had better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic French cuisinegourmet2VIPDined on 28/6/2014An authentic French restaurant in Covent Garden. The menu is comprehensive with several additional dishes of the day. The cuisine was very good and the service of a high standard. However the incorrect main dish was brought to the table but this error was immediately corrected and as compensation two digestifs were offered on the house, The wine list is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchNatluvsfoodDined on 26/6/2014On arrival was shown to table, a little quiet. Was given the menus and left for a few minutes. Waiter came back with water and warmed French bread basket (which was refilled when emptied) and took our drinks order. returned with drinks and took food order, gave advice, when asked, regarding the dishes, very helpful. Without repeating entire order, can say the food was excellent for all. a good 5 minutes between each course and the desserts (can we go in there for multiple desserts only!). Went on recommendation, will be going again as will other members of my party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm & welcoming....vosbergDined on 21/6/2014Top marks to the team at Le Garrick, food service & atmosphere all really good. Great attitude from the staff, even though it was a v busy and hot saturday evening they were very attentive and flexible.