104 Draycott Avenue
London, SW3 3AENeighbourhood:
SeafoodPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lesuquet.co.uk/
- Phone: 02075811785
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Welcome to Le Suquet. A place for your private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Zaid 02075811785
A word from Le Suquet
Le Suquet first opened in 1975 and is established as on of the best french seafood restaurants in the area. The restaurant prides itself in the freshest seafood dishes in London, from oysters to lobster, there is something to cater for all seafood tastes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Le Suquet reviews from OpenTable diners
- Unfortunately the restaurantLuv2dineDined on 1/11/2012Unfortunately the restaurant had gone into receivership and had shut down when I arrived to lunch with my guest! Very disappointed this wasn't picked up by TopTable.
- Dump this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 27/10/2012I arranged a dinner through your site, and had it confirmed, at a restaurant that was closed when we arrived. That's horrible and wrecked our evening.Special Features:
- This is a Report. We bookedwhyohwhyDined on 26/10/2012This is a Report. We booked a table at Le Suquet through you, Toptable, on 16 October for Friday 26 October. We also had an automated reminder from you two days before the dinner. Impressive? Not as it seemed. We got to the venue on the date only to find Le Suquet had gone to receivership and was officially closed down on 23 October. I hoped not very many diners booked at Le Suquet through you via the net. I will not do so again.
- A little gem in ChelseaFineDineDined on 24/9/2012The restaurant is not spacious but food tastes very well and service is outstanding. The place is not shiny or posh but a very quiet and good for catching up with friends. The prices make sense for a restaurant in Chelsea.Special Features:
- One of few 'fishy' choicesBluenoseDined on 17/9/2012Last minute booking for a business meeting where a participant had requested a fish restaurant. As it turned out on a Monday lunchtime we were the only clients. Food was acceptable but not memorable. Dover sole was slightly overcooked.
- The menu was very good withcricketeersDined on 19/8/2012The menu was very good with great choices especially the Entrees. The bread baskets had white and brown bread and was kept topped up. The only drawback was the wine selection which was all Frence and any wine we asked for was not in stock. Apart from that, the meal and service was really good and would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Shellfish in years!ScrummyDined on 17/8/2012My Mum and I enjoyed a superb lunch last week at Le Suquet, sharing a shellfish platter with some of the creamiest mussels, oysters and crab washed down with some ice cold Chablis. The attention to detail and character of the two Waiters serving us made the lunch all the more enjoyable. Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, dessert arrived - delicious. The restaurant is bright and airy without being cold - comfortable seating, nautical theme and large tables with plenty of space from other diners - we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these years..LV03Dined on 29/6/2012...and still just like being on the quayside in Cannes but I do wonder if simple provencale cooking needs to cost this much. £150 for lunch for two with an inexpensive wine is pushing it. The restaurant was empty at 14:15 on a Friday indicating others without the sentimental attachment to the place that I have may be going elsewhere. That said, if it's simple fresh seafood you crave; it still has great appeal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was decentCathyQDined on 3/6/2012The fish soup is good. The salmon was mediocre. Sea bass was well prepared. Coffee was not included in the deal, kinda surprisingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average food, con-artist waiteDuccioVIPDined on 12/5/2012I went in with a menu offer of £19 - the food was more than average, definitely not worth it. And on top of it they added themselves a £10 extra tip (they added it themselves when paying with the card machine) when the service was already included and came out with a £75 bill. Will never go back to that place!
- There were only three otherHelenDined on 6/5/2012There were only three other tables with diners when we arrived and one when we left so there was no atmosphere. As such the manager decided to put on music - tecno dance music, in a french fish restaurant?! The food was very average and expensive. I shall not be returning.
- Fishtastic! Awesome food atDannyBoyDined on 16/4/2012Fishtastic! Awesome food at a very reasonable price with set menu, with the french staff both friendly and attentive!
- Good serviceKew14Dined on 9/4/2012The service was very good but the food was average. There were other restaurants nearby doing deals that looked more exciting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Suquet is nothing shortScottishFoodLoverDined on 30/3/2012Le Suquet is nothing short of fantastic, a family run French restaurant tucked away in the corner of Draycote Avenue. I was super impressed with the quality of the seafood, and the perfect service that came along with it. The owner has got a great sense of humor and really makes you feel welcome. A little on the pricey side but certainly worth it for a special occasion. A real piece of France in London, highly recommended !!!
- Le Suquet's Fish Soup wasFuffVIPDined on 16/3/2012Le Suquet's Fish Soup was excellent good value at £19 for the set menu and the house wine reasonable . Service was swift, perhaps a little hurried for those that like to take their time over dinner.
- Food was nice, service wasgreedyDined on 14/3/2012Food was nice, service was grumpy French, which is Ok if you like that sort of thing.There was something floating in my wine which they were a bit weird about changing it. We also got charged a cover change and 15% service. Restaurant was very quiet when we arrived which was a little awkward.
- Cosy French restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2012It was amazing experience dining in cosy French restaurant looking like French harbour on rainy Sunday. Family,cosy atmosphere,great food including salmon, hot onion soup and yummy dessert with nice house wine, friendly staff and 35 years of tradition.Special Features:
- Lovely food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012Lovely food, good service, nice surroundings, great value. Would reccommend.
- Sadly the standard of cookingfredsdinnerDined on 27/2/2012Sadly the standard of cooking at this Chelsea institution has declined since it changed hands a few months ago.Food was bland and lacked finesse.
- Had a pleasant afternoon atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 26/2/2012Had a pleasant afternoon at Le Suquet. 6 of us had 2 courses for £15, but beware of ordering wine/deserts which are all quite overpriced. Food was average, limited choice and small portions. Service started off well but the waiter was put out when we asked to pay the bill on 3 different cards - a bit cheeky as they charged 15% service charge! There was no atmosphere at all as we were the only table in the whole restaurant, but nevertheless it was fine for a casual Sunday lunch.
- Le Suquet is a nice smalleasy2pleaseVIPDined on 21/2/2012Le Suquet is a nice small restaurant in Chelsea and specialises in French cuisine The food was well up to scratch as was the house wine It is not quite the buzzy place it once was but worth a visit and support
- It is over 20 years sincegoldendeliciousDined on 17/2/2012It is over 20 years since I last visited Le Suquet and it has changed quite dramatially. We arrived at 19:30 and were seated at a comfortable table. The service was friendly and efficient. Although there were not many people, maybe four tables the atmosphere was pleasant. Disappointed with wine list as only french wines and expensive. W
- Le Suquet, South Kensington:NY12Dined on 16/2/2012Le Suquet, South Kensington: Good all round - food, service, ambience - Pricey though, as they forgot that it was a Top Table offer/booking.
- The plateau on the menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 14/2/2012The plateau on the menu was value for money, and the staff were all very friendly and efficient
- Le Suquet was enjoyable. TheBaldricDined on 10/2/2012Le Suquet was enjoyable. The staff were very helpful the sea food increadably fresh....will visit again soon .Draycott Avenue, South Kensington is close to home for me . Delightful
- Being greeted warmly by theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2012Being greeted warmly by the owner who sees us less than once a year, the sensible suggestions for the wine, the really tasty food, the genuine smile from the waitress, the diners at an adjoining table who are certainly gourmets; all makes for a truly enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- 3 course TT menu at le SuquetjennylovesfoodDined on 5/2/20123 course TT menu at le Suquet is reasonable value, tasty although unchanging and coupled with high drinks prices and although service is friendly and attentive the 15% service charge stings somewhat.
- lovely old fashioned seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 28/1/2012lovely old fashioned seafood restaurant le suquet in draycott avenue best fish meal in ages
- The meal was really lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 28/1/2012The meal was really lovely and the offer is excellent value. I can't wait to go again.
- An old fashion French restaurant.BalumbaVIPDined on 21/1/2012An old fashion French restaurant. Food is ok. Very expensive a la carte but good value set menu with limited choices. Nothing special. Restaurant empty. We were only two of us during lunch. No planning to go back anytime soon.
- Attentive service and tastyjennylovesfoodDined on 20/1/2012Attentive service and tasty food. An old school fish restaurant in the good sense. Great value with TT 3 course menu. Will return if in the area when offer running.
- Le Suquet South Kensington QuirkyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Le Suquet South Kensington Quirky chap on the tables made it quite a surreal experience ... a bit faulty towers with nice food... not sure Id go back ... but worth the trip once!
- Lovely fresh oysters and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2011Lovely fresh oysters and delicious seafood dishes! Very friendly service. Will definitely visit again.
- Food was good (fish was perfectlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/10/2011Food was good (fish was perfectly cooked), service was nice and polite, but quite slow (took a long while to be given water, place an order, pay the bill, though the food came quickly once ordered). I would recommend this as a place for well cooked French food, but be prepared to wait for some things.
- Cute little restaurant. FeelsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/9/2011Cute little restaurant. Feels like your in the south of france. Very friendly, with a family run feel. Great seafood :))
- i have been coming here practicallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2011i have been coming here practically since birth and it is still one of the best fish restaurants in London, simple and fresh!
- Le Suquet - London. very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 29/10/2010Le Suquet - London. very enjoyable meal with good service but very old fashioned restaurant that hadn't changed since i was last there over ten years ago. could do with a re-paint and new lighting