76-77 South Parade
London, W4 5LFNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levacherin.com/
- Phone: 02087422121x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Tuesday- Saturday 12:00PM - 3:00PM, Sunday 12:00PM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 6:00PM - 10:30PM, Friday - Saturday 6:00PM - 11:00PM, Sunday 6:00PM - 10:00PM, Breakfast always available from 8am to 11 am on Saturdays and Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Malcolm John
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Why not choose Le Vacherin for your party or function.
- Private Party Contact: Marco Cristaldi 02087422121
A word from Le Vacherin
Le Vacherin is a Classic French bistro with a Parisian style, serving regional dishes. The restaurant caters for 72 covers, with a private room if required providing for parties of any number.Continued
It is a non-smoking restaurant and welcomes children.
It currently holds two rosettes, it has been voted by Zagat 2014 as 5th best French bistro in London
It is a non-smoking restaurant and welcomes children.
It currently holds two rosettes, it has been voted by Zagat 2014 as 5th best French bistro in London
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Le Vacherin - Best restaurants in Chiswick ›
Le Vacherin reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since 21 May 2014
special occasions (82)romance (70)fit for foodies (51)business meals (38)sunday lunch (26)outstanding value (14)group bookings (11)brunch (10)good vegetarian options (5)pre/post theatre (4)afternoon tea (2)child friendly (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- Too child friendlyZintinW4Dined on 11/9/2014I had dinner here with a friend a few days ago. My meal was spoilt by a family with two very small children, the smallest of whom was two. Screaming, tantrums, etc lasted an hour. After the meal I e-mailed the restaurant asking if they had considered changing their policy, given that this is a silver service, top of the range restaurant. The response was at best indifferent. 'We are sorry that your visit was spoilt by a screaming child. We are a local restaurant who welcomes families to dine in our establishment. Whilst their visit we always advise parents to monitor their children’s behaviour so it would not disturb other diners'. Ignoring the lack,of coherence it seems that the policy is basically 'lump it or leave'. I won't be back.
- Basic dish a let downBiriDined on 30/8/2014Chateaubriand was ordered medium/rare. Delivered as medium/well done. Surely they should be able to get this right. Second time we've been there and second time its been a let down. We wont be returning which is a shame because it's our local restaurant.
- Fantastic food as always!HarriDined on 24/8/2014Since we started eating her a few years ago the set menu has been dumbed down slightly however the food and service is always fantastic. Ideal for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Wonderful Sunday lunchZachDined on 17/8/2014Haven't been here for quite a long time but suddenly remembered it and booked for Sunday lunch. They offer a set menu with plenty of choices. My family were pretty consistent all opting for the mussels, followed by plaice and creme brûlée. I chose the Eggs Benedict followed by the pig cheek and then the summer fruit sorbet. Every dish was excellent and everybody agreed it was one of the nicest meals they had had. The set menu was well priced at £25 per person for 3 courses, though we did opt for extra veggies and chose a lovely organic Aglianico from the good wine list. All-in £200 including coffee and service. Happy family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb mealBreeeegDined on 16/8/2014Classic French cooking done to a high degree and with minimal fuss. Attentive staff and smooth service. Only slightly downside is the fact that the tables seem very close to each other.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!SadsDined on 15/8/2014I found this restaurant over a year ago and each time I return I'm so impressed with the service and food. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!MahLoDined on 12/8/2014This is a superb French restaurant in London! Great for celebrating special occasions. The food is simply cooked to perfection and the service is one of the best I've experienced in London so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent CuisineLoveMyFoodDined on 8/8/2014I read online reviews and thought I would give this restaurant a try. Glad I did as the service was outstanding matched by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, overattentive serviceSamuelAdamsDined on 7/8/2014Having worked in Chiswick, Le Vacherin is high on my list of eateries in the area for both business dinners and more intimate dining. With an extensive wine list and varied food menu there is always something to suit all diners. This meal (where I had veal and my partner the pork shoulder) was delicious and well presented and followed by a superb chocolate fondant. The Sancerre went down very well too. The only thing I can possibly criticize is the perhaps overenthusiastic wait staff. I am not a slow eater but would rather be given a chance to catch my breath before each plate is whisked away. Overall though, Le Vacherin remains my favourite dining spot in Chiswick and I will be trying out their other venues soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceeatinpeaceDined on 1/8/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. We chose this very last minute looking at the Opentable listings and we fancied the £25 lobster special. What a lovely restaurant, proper French cooking. I would definitely add this to my list of places to go.Special Features:
- GONE DOWNHILLZACSTERDined on 1/8/2014DECOR A BIT WORN, FLIES AT THE TABLE, SERVICE IRRITATINGLY ATTENTIVE, FOOD OK
- Ladies' LunchLavoisierDined on 24/7/2014We enjoyed a very good lunch last Thursday at Le Vacherin. I started with the English asparagus with poached egg and hollandaise followed by the steak and finished with the strawberry pavlova. Excellent value for the set menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be a Michelin star.MichelinplusDined on 19/7/2014Le Vacherin is always spectacular,and this was no exception. They are the equal of the three restaurants in the area that have a Michelin star. It is obviously French cooking,and of the highest standard. And the wine list is equivalent.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining.RebeccaDined on 12/7/2014Everything about this place is superb. I booked a table for two for a birthday dinner and it was so perfect. The interior is beautiful and very authentic, the staff were so attentive without being too intrusive and the welcome we had was warm and genuine. The food was of excellent quality and the portions were just right. I highly recommend the scallops. The overall ambience of the place makes this an ideal venue for special occasions and I would certainly return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steak!gudfudDined on 7/7/2014We took advantage of the 3 course special menu with a glass of Cremant - I was concerned the menu might be too restricted but it was not and we both felt it provided a good choice. My husband, who is not easily pleased, was very complimentary about his steak which did look lovely. The staff were very efficient and attentive, there was a good wine list with the option of buying a carafe rather than a whole bottle. Overall a lovely evening and good value.Special Features:
- Great valuemaudlaurencyDined on 1/7/2014We enjoyed dining at Le Vacherin as the food is amazing and the Steak Out offer on Tuesday is extremely great value.Special Features:
- Delicious eveningTrulyafoodyDined on 28/6/2014Walked in, and felt very welcome, despite having a bargain booking. Delightful and attentive staff, who made us feel very very welcome. Wondeful, 3 course meal and well worth the money Will return again, to try the full menuSpecial Features:
- Le VacherinAnonDined on 28/6/2014I was at Le Vacherin for a Saturday lunch with 4 other friends. We were pleased to find that the good valued set menu still gave a great selection, and everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. Service was attentive and not intrusive. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day lunchYumYumDined on 15/6/2014We booked the Open Table deal for lunch but were informed a week before that we could only have the Father's Day lunch. The menu looked really good, so we stuck with the booking. We were very pleased we had. We chose oysters and cheese souffle to start and both were fantastic. For mains, the whole lobster and the cote de boeuf were worth the supplement. My only criticism would be lack of vegetables with the mains. We didn't realise until they came that there weren't any veg to speak of. Nevermind, we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the level of service was just right, attentive but not too intrusive. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- ExcellentHermioneDined on 13/6/2014La Vacherin was really enjoyable. The food was tasty and the wine list was good. We did the OpenTable deal and the choice from the reduced menu was fine and made the whole evening great value for money. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in ChiswickTrashMoccasinsFineDineDined on 11/6/2014Professional service reminiscent of a time gone by. France is easily imagined when dining at Le Vacherin. Excellent food. Artistic presentation. Cosy interior with views across the park.Special Features:
- OmnivoreDined on 8/6/2014A wonderful restaurant with outstanding food. We went on a Sunday night and it was a bit quiet but the attention to detail and the great service made up for it. Two people at our table had the rabbit which was to die for. I had the Guinea Fowl which was fantastic. We will definitely be going back...Special Features:
- JC on Saturday dinnerJimmycontraDined on 7/6/2014The special offer was good value for money but we're not too pleased with the service. It was slow n a bit grudgingly, the restaurant was full n the tables are a bit close. Had been there before but this time the food was not enjoyed so much as the service let it down. Parking is a bit difficult in the evenings . My friends also enjoyed the food but having to waitSpecial Features:
- Pleasant surprise.TrashMoccasinsFineDineDined on 4/6/2014Champs Elysees between Chiswick Park and Turnham Green Stations. Aproned staff. Crisp linens. Warm candles. Delicious food. Beautiful presentation. Friendly and professional waiters.Special Features:
- We'll be backFabulousWomanDined on 31/5/2014Le Vacherin had a typically French feel in an elegant, understated way. Service was attentive but not intrusive and the ambiance on a Saturday night was good. We took the £28 offer which provided us with plenty of choices my rabbit was delicious and my husband's steak tender and tasty. We were a bit overwhelmed by the extent of the wine list but our Argentinian Malbec was good without breaking the bank. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DunclureDined on 31/5/2014Have visited many times over the years, standard never drops. A real resturant in a world of transient half baked chainsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerPembsVIPDined on 30/5/2014Very good food, fine service, nice buzzy atmosphere... A very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJ77VIPDined on 25/5/2014Having eaten here several times, I returned to have an early Sunday morning breakfast. Very tasty food and lovely fresh juices.Special Features:
- good food, good eveningRia2012Dined on 17/5/2014We went as as a group of 4 on a Saturday evening for a catch-up meal and ate off the three courses for £28 menu. There was a good variety of food to choose from and it was all very tasty. Service was smooth - we never felt rushed and were one of the last tables to leave.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerToptablefan1VIPDined on 17/5/2014Second time to this restaurant - still impressed with the quality of the food, will definitely visit again! Great service and lovely relaxing ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TCTBeckstarDined on 15/5/2014Wonderful food, well presented and amazing quality. The staff were friendly, professional and impeccably attentive without being ostentatious. Highly reccomend this restaurant never disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeSadsDined on 2/5/2014I have come to this restaurant quite often now and each time I am impressed with the high standard of food and service. I am never disappointed and have this as one of my favourite places to go and take friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French restaurantChiswickDinerDined on 27/4/2014We have had lunch at Le Vacherin a number of times over the years for special occasions, to take advantage of an offer, or just to enjoy the good food. This time a twice-baked cheese soufflé was excellent, so was rabbit.Special Features:
- Good rather old fashionedRobertTDined on 7/4/2014Good rather old fashioned French food but rather a stuffy atmosphere and not very engaging service. Their website says it is a bistro ie moderately priced simple meals in an unpretentious setting-didnt feel like that at all.Special Features:
- Using Toptable makes thiseatwellDined on 7/4/2014Using Toptable makes this good value. Monday evening not the best night to get the usual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good v Surprisingly GoodLM007Dined on 7/4/2014Took my partner for his Birthday dinner. Great value - TopTable deal 3-courses £28. My cheese souffle was amazing and his steak was 9 out of 10. No music so it was a bit quiet but after a few wines it started to get more atmospheric. Overall a great find! Will go back for Toptable steak offer.Special Features:
- Not up to the usual standard.ErissenaDined on 5/4/2014I have dined at Le Vacherin many times and I've always wanted to return. Alas, no longer. We were there for lunch and though we had opted for the two-course prix-fixe menu, all the dishes we ordered are also on the menu à la carte and should presumably be of a similar standard. We ordered the chateaubriand (incurring a £15 supplement), a dish that I have had at least five times at Le Vacherin and which I have always looked forward to. This time however, I was bitterly disappointed. The only thing right with the dish was the rareness of the meat. Also, they now serve chips, not delicate pommes frites. Everything else was cold and the sauce béarnaise, congealed. We weren't charged the supplement but still! I hope this was a one-off.Special Features:
- ChateaublandDissapointedDinerDined on 1/4/2014You would think the French would know how to cook Chateaubriand, it appears not. Ours were not seasoned at all and virtually tasteless, I might as well have gone to Tesco and got one of their value cuts. Most of the menu (even though it was a Tuesday Lunchtime) was not available, and in the 15 minutes before ordering 3 updates (removals) were also given leaving the dinning choices extremely limited for what was supposed to be a very special occasion (my wifes 40th). The cutlery was dirty and had to be changed twice, and the glasses were chipped and again had to be replaced. Seemed popular with the locals, but this isn't a place I would recommend or every go to again. Very poor despite the good reviews.Special Features:
- Came here for my birthdaymnkyDined on 31/3/2014Came here for my birthday with my boyfriend, and we had the toptable deal 3 courses with a glass of champagne for £28. What a great deal, the food is amazing, you feel like you're in France having a quiet romantic meal, the restaurant was pretty busy especially for a Monday night. Highly recommend to everyone. Lovely local spot in Chiswick. I tried snails for the first time too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, value and foodDanielDined on 29/3/2014Le Vacherin ticks so many boxes. The food was great, the service impeccable and the ambiance great. Altogether good value and would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.