76-77 South Parade
London, W4 5LFNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levacherin.com/
- Phone: 02087422121x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Tuesday- Saturday 12:00PM - 3:00PM, Sunday 12:00PM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 6:00PM - 10:30PM, Friday - Saturday 6:00PM - 11:00PM, Sunday 6:00PM - 10:00PM, Breakfast always available from 8am to 11 am on Saturdays and Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Malcolm John
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Why not choose Le Vacherin for your party or function.
- Private Party Contact: Marco Cristaldi 02087422121
A word from Le Vacherin
Le Vacherin is a Classic French bistro with a Parisian style, serving regional dishes. The restaurant caters for 72 covers, with a private room if required providing for parties of any number.Continued
It is a non-smoking restaurant and welcomes children.
It currently holds two rosettes, it has been voted by Zagat 2014 as 5th best French bistro in London
It is a non-smoking restaurant and welcomes children.
It currently holds two rosettes, it has been voted by Zagat 2014 as 5th best French bistro in London
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasions
Le Vacherin - Best restaurants in Chiswick ›
Le Vacherin reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (82)romance (69)fit for foodies (53)business meals (39)sunday lunch (28)outstanding value (16)group bookings (12)brunch (9)good vegetarian options (7)pre/post theatre (5)disabled access (2)afternoon tea (2)child friendly (1)Show More
- Lovely place but quite priceymmmmtastyDined on 25/10/2014Great food, nice ambience, attentive service without being too intrusive. Bit pricey for a regular visit, expect to spend £140 ish for 2 with 3 courses, drinks and service. Also they pre-attach service which is a practice I hate, I would have tipped anyway and it is something they have stopped doing in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs M.G.FishgracaqDined on 21/10/2014Once again I had the pleasure to eat at the Le Vacherin. Great food and great service! Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Vacherin excels.FlorenceDined on 13/10/2014Charming restaurant which provides excellent food without pretension. Attentive but discreet service. If only more bistros in France were this enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I wasn't as happy with my dining experience as the last time unfortunately. My mussels starter was lacking in flavour (all I could taste in the source was cream). There was no children's menu on Sunday, so I had to order from £25 fixed menu for my 4 year old (that made the meal pricey). And, as we were not advised of the fact that steak and fish came with chips, we ordered a side dish that we didn't need...Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening!!Fleur77Dined on 4/10/2014I have been to Le Vacherin on a number of occasions with my partner and as it has always been so good in the past I decided to surprise my mother and take her for her birthday. We were not disappointed and we had a fantastic evening! My mother said she was bowled over by the restaurant and so touched we had chosen to take her there. The food, wine and staff were all wonderful! We were looked after by a lovely Italian waiter (I don't know his name sadly) who was really fantastic and was so attentive. Sadly there was a table next to us where one particular guest was very loud and quite obnoxious, although we didn't let that spoil our evening and it didn't! We will be back for the next special occasion or just a evening out as a treat!Special Features:
- Comfortable and Good FoodrecklessgalDined on 4/10/2014A good way to spend a wet Saturday lunchtime. Four of us ate under the special offer menu, three courses and a glass of cremant. Food was good, particularly my cheese souffle starter, pork cheek main course. Desserts a little uninspiring but ok. Reasonably priced wines and nice friendly but discrete service.Special Features:
- le vacherinlovetoeatoutDined on 2/10/2014As always the service here is very good, attentive but not overly so. Steak deal very good value. We had scallops and cheese soufflee off the a la carte, excellent. Go if you havent been already.Special Features:
- Too child friendlyZintinW4Dined on 11/9/2014I had dinner here with a friend a few days ago. My meal was spoilt by a family with two very small children, the smallest of whom was two. Screaming, tantrums, etc lasted an hour. After the meal I e-mailed the restaurant asking if they had considered changing their policy, given that this is a silver service, top of the range restaurant. The response was at best indifferent. 'We are sorry that your visit was spoilt by a screaming child. We are a local restaurant who welcomes families to dine in our establishment. Whilst their visit we always advise parents to monitor their children’s behaviour so it would not disturb other diners'. Ignoring the lack,of coherence it seems that the policy is basically 'lump it or leave'. I won't be back.
- Basic dish a let downBiriDined on 30/8/2014Chateaubriand was ordered medium/rare. Delivered as medium/well done. Surely they should be able to get this right. Second time we've been there and second time its been a let down. We wont be returning which is a shame because it's our local restaurant.
- Fantastic food as always!HarriDined on 24/8/2014Since we started eating her a few years ago the set menu has been dumbed down slightly however the food and service is always fantastic. Ideal for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Wonderful Sunday lunchZachDined on 17/8/2014Haven't been here for quite a long time but suddenly remembered it and booked for Sunday lunch. They offer a set menu with plenty of choices. My family were pretty consistent all opting for the mussels, followed by plaice and creme brûlée. I chose the Eggs Benedict followed by the pig cheek and then the summer fruit sorbet. Every dish was excellent and everybody agreed it was one of the nicest meals they had had. The set menu was well priced at £25 per person for 3 courses, though we did opt for extra veggies and chose a lovely organic Aglianico from the good wine list. All-in £200 including coffee and service. Happy family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb mealBreeeegDined on 16/8/2014Classic French cooking done to a high degree and with minimal fuss. Attentive staff and smooth service. Only slightly downside is the fact that the tables seem very close to each other.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!SadsDined on 15/8/2014I found this restaurant over a year ago and each time I return I'm so impressed with the service and food. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!MahLoDined on 12/8/2014This is a superb French restaurant in London! Great for celebrating special occasions. The food is simply cooked to perfection and the service is one of the best I've experienced in London so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent CuisineLoveMyFoodDined on 8/8/2014I read online reviews and thought I would give this restaurant a try. Glad I did as the service was outstanding matched by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, overattentive serviceSamuelAdamsDined on 7/8/2014Having worked in Chiswick, Le Vacherin is high on my list of eateries in the area for both business dinners and more intimate dining. With an extensive wine list and varied food menu there is always something to suit all diners. This meal (where I had veal and my partner the pork shoulder) was delicious and well presented and followed by a superb chocolate fondant. The Sancerre went down very well too. The only thing I can possibly criticize is the perhaps overenthusiastic wait staff. I am not a slow eater but would rather be given a chance to catch my breath before each plate is whisked away. Overall though, Le Vacherin remains my favourite dining spot in Chiswick and I will be trying out their other venues soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceeatinpeaceDined on 1/8/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. We chose this very last minute looking at the Opentable listings and we fancied the £25 lobster special. What a lovely restaurant, proper French cooking. I would definitely add this to my list of places to go.Special Features:
- GONE DOWNHILLZACSTERDined on 1/8/2014DECOR A BIT WORN, FLIES AT THE TABLE, SERVICE IRRITATINGLY ATTENTIVE, FOOD OK
- Ladies' LunchLavoisierDined on 24/7/2014We enjoyed a very good lunch last Thursday at Le Vacherin. I started with the English asparagus with poached egg and hollandaise followed by the steak and finished with the strawberry pavlova. Excellent value for the set menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be a Michelin star.MichelinplusDined on 19/7/2014Le Vacherin is always spectacular,and this was no exception. They are the equal of the three restaurants in the area that have a Michelin star. It is obviously French cooking,and of the highest standard. And the wine list is equivalent.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining.RebeccaDined on 12/7/2014Everything about this place is superb. I booked a table for two for a birthday dinner and it was so perfect. The interior is beautiful and very authentic, the staff were so attentive without being too intrusive and the welcome we had was warm and genuine. The food was of excellent quality and the portions were just right. I highly recommend the scallops. The overall ambience of the place makes this an ideal venue for special occasions and I would certainly return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful steak!gudfudDined on 7/7/2014We took advantage of the 3 course special menu with a glass of Cremant - I was concerned the menu might be too restricted but it was not and we both felt it provided a good choice. My husband, who is not easily pleased, was very complimentary about his steak which did look lovely. The staff were very efficient and attentive, there was a good wine list with the option of buying a carafe rather than a whole bottle. Overall a lovely evening and good value.Special Features:
- Great valuemaudlaurencyDined on 1/7/2014We enjoyed dining at Le Vacherin as the food is amazing and the Steak Out offer on Tuesday is extremely great value.Special Features:
- Delicious eveningTrulyafoodyDined on 28/6/2014Walked in, and felt very welcome, despite having a bargain booking. Delightful and attentive staff, who made us feel very very welcome. Wondeful, 3 course meal and well worth the money Will return again, to try the full menuSpecial Features:
- Le VacherinAnonDined on 28/6/2014I was at Le Vacherin for a Saturday lunch with 4 other friends. We were pleased to find that the good valued set menu still gave a great selection, and everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. Service was attentive and not intrusive. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day lunchYumYumDined on 15/6/2014We booked the Open Table deal for lunch but were informed a week before that we could only have the Father's Day lunch. The menu looked really good, so we stuck with the booking. We were very pleased we had. We chose oysters and cheese souffle to start and both were fantastic. For mains, the whole lobster and the cote de boeuf were worth the supplement. My only criticism would be lack of vegetables with the mains. We didn't realise until they came that there weren't any veg to speak of. Nevermind, we thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the level of service was just right, attentive but not too intrusive. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- ExcellentHermioneDined on 13/6/2014La Vacherin was really enjoyable. The food was tasty and the wine list was good. We did the OpenTable deal and the choice from the reduced menu was fine and made the whole evening great value for money. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in ChiswickTrashMoccasinsFineDineDined on 11/6/2014Professional service reminiscent of a time gone by. France is easily imagined when dining at Le Vacherin. Excellent food. Artistic presentation. Cosy interior with views across the park.Special Features:
- OmnivoreDined on 8/6/2014A wonderful restaurant with outstanding food. We went on a Sunday night and it was a bit quiet but the attention to detail and the great service made up for it. Two people at our table had the rabbit which was to die for. I had the Guinea Fowl which was fantastic. We will definitely be going back...Special Features:
- JC on Saturday dinnerJimmycontraDined on 7/6/2014The special offer was good value for money but we're not too pleased with the service. It was slow n a bit grudgingly, the restaurant was full n the tables are a bit close. Had been there before but this time the food was not enjoyed so much as the service let it down. Parking is a bit difficult in the evenings . My friends also enjoyed the food but having to waitSpecial Features:
- Pleasant surprise.TrashMoccasinsFineDineDined on 4/6/2014Champs Elysees between Chiswick Park and Turnham Green Stations. Aproned staff. Crisp linens. Warm candles. Delicious food. Beautiful presentation. Friendly and professional waiters.Special Features:
- We'll be backFabulousWomanDined on 31/5/2014Le Vacherin had a typically French feel in an elegant, understated way. Service was attentive but not intrusive and the ambiance on a Saturday night was good. We took the £28 offer which provided us with plenty of choices my rabbit was delicious and my husband's steak tender and tasty. We were a bit overwhelmed by the extent of the wine list but our Argentinian Malbec was good without breaking the bank. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DunclureDined on 31/5/2014Have visited many times over the years, standard never drops. A real resturant in a world of transient half baked chainsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerPembsVIPDined on 30/5/2014Very good food, fine service, nice buzzy atmosphere... A very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PJ77VIPDined on 25/5/2014Having eaten here several times, I returned to have an early Sunday morning breakfast. Very tasty food and lovely fresh juices.Special Features:
- good food, good eveningRia2012Dined on 17/5/2014We went as as a group of 4 on a Saturday evening for a catch-up meal and ate off the three courses for £28 menu. There was a good variety of food to choose from and it was all very tasty. Service was smooth - we never felt rushed and were one of the last tables to leave.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerToptablefan1VIPDined on 17/5/2014Second time to this restaurant - still impressed with the quality of the food, will definitely visit again! Great service and lovely relaxing ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TCTBeckstarDined on 15/5/2014Wonderful food, well presented and amazing quality. The staff were friendly, professional and impeccably attentive without being ostentatious. Highly reccomend this restaurant never disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeSadsDined on 2/5/2014I have come to this restaurant quite often now and each time I am impressed with the high standard of food and service. I am never disappointed and have this as one of my favourite places to go and take friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/5/2014If you like overpriced, mediocre bistro-style food, an uncomfortable ambience and rude, slow service, then this is the restaurant for you. This was its second chance, and I was even more disappointed this time round. For incredible high-end French cooking then La Trompette and Michael Nadra win hands down, and Cote Brasserie has comparable food for a much keener price, and the service and ambience there are immeasurably better. We will not be going back.