Leicester Square Bar & Restaurant
3 - 6 St Martins Street
London, WC2H 7HLNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
Leicester Square Bar & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.radissonblu-edwardian.com/feature.do?feature=leicester-sq-bar
- Phone: 020 7451 0114
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday: 7:30am - 11am
This restaurant is closed after breakfast
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, British
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, High Tea
- Special Events: Are you looking to hold a party?
Why not consider our Tea Party Package?
Designed to take the party planning stress away from you, our Tea Party Package starts from £24.50 per person, and the organiser is invited back for a complimentary afternoon tea for two.
For further information and sample menus, please contact our Meetings & Events team: email@example.com
A word from Leicester Square Bar & Restaurant
The Leicester Sq Bar and Restaurant is the perfect retreat from the hustle of its namesake. This is a cool and intimate space with a pleasantly relaxed vibe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Leicester Square Bar & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Be careful of the menuSGMGVIPDined on 11/10/2013The food was ok but the menu advertised on toptable is NOT the same menu in the restaurant. The restaurant menu is significantly smaller and more expensive. The restaurant is not particular pleasant, I would find somewhere nicer in London (which isn't hard).
- Need to up the service levels!citygirlVIPDined on 9/10/2013We dined as a party of 10 before the theatre last week. After booking the table 2 weeks in advance, I also telephoned the restaurant in advnace to advise them we needed to leave at 7pm to get to the theatre - the table was booked for 5.30pm, and we should have easily had time for 2 courses as we were all seated by 5.35pm. There was only 1 waiter to serve both the bar and restaurant area - who was obviusly willing, but could not cope. After making a few points to the Manager, we ate 2 courses and arrived at the theatre in time for the show (after he assisted the oroginal waiter).I would not suggest eating here if you are on any kind of deadline. The food, when it came, was good and plentiful - but there is a lack of staff and organisation.
- Good if you have time to spare....CharlieDDined on 30/9/2013I really enjoyed my meal experience. The ambiance and menu choice were good. My main criticism is the pace of service. With just two waiting staff on duty the service became very slow - we arrived in plenty of time for our pre theatre meal at 5.45, but it took an hour and a half for a two course meal..... Even of we had fancied a pudding we would have run out of time!!. The location and all other aspects are excellent - it is just let down by a lack of staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- in the heart of Leicester sqlukeyVIPDined on 30/9/2013A nice decour and great location. THe food was tasty and well presented adn very good value for money. The service was very slow as there was only one waiter serving 7 tables. It took us 45 min to place the order and get the wine on the table. But the wine was great and two courses left us all rather full.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent enoughFionajmacVIPDined on 27/9/2013Decent food, slightly lacking in atmosphere. Handy location.
- Restaurant wasn't busy, 2weaselDined on 21/9/2013Restaurant wasn't busy, 2 tables occupied, walked in, stood in the doorway waiting to be seated for 3 minutes. 2 members of staff walked past in the back, did not acknowledge us. We left, not a good start, so first impressions were that it wasn't going to be a good experience. Shame really, restaurant had good reviews on toptable Went to Cote instead which was very good.Special Features:
- Lovely food and serviceJo76Dined on 6/9/2013I went there with a friend before a concert and had a lovely meal. Great service and food.Special Features:
- As always a lovely mealDleTDined on 20/8/2013Often eat here and have always found the food and service o be first rate -just a few yards from Leicester Sq it is not normally that busy early in the week and is an oasis of calm. Even when 1-D were in the square! Would recommend this restaurant and with the offers you often get it is good value for such a quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth visit and still as goodtoptablereviewerDined on 10/8/2013In the heart of Leicester Square and a popular tourist location, it is great to find a good restaurant that doesn't take advantage of this. The service is always genuine and extremely helpful, particularly as I have food allergies. Good value for money and the food is always delicious. Thank you to all the staff there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre MealHelenkDined on 6/8/2013Myself and my husband went on a Tuesday evening for a pre-theatre meal. We were warmly welcomed. The staff were very attentive. When we arrived there were a few people having high tea which looked very good and could be option for a future visit. Some deals can be deceiving but this deal was very good. Portion sizes are also very good. The wine list was also reasonable. I would go there again, if we are in the area in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ValueNikkiDDined on 20/7/2013I was one of a group of ladies that had a reservation at the Leicester Square Bar & Restaurant. We had a really lovely meal before heading off to the theatre and the offer was superb. 2 courses for £15 was excellent value and highly recommended. I would also like to mention the staff as they were brilliant too. It was quite empty in there, but we preferred that as we were able to have a chat without shouting! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group of seven ate herebuffetsaintmarieDined on 19/7/2013Our group of seven ate here on Friday at 6.30pm. Immediately we were greeted by polite and attentive staff. The food and the wine were superb. They dealt with allergies/sensitivities of three of our party with ease. Eating here was the icing on the cake of the wonderful day that had already been! Thank you to all the staff at Leicester Square Bar and Restaurant, it was such a pleasure to go to a restaurant and feel that our custom was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theatre optionPedroDined on 18/7/2013We went on a Thursday evening pre-theatre and had the set menu. Restaurant wasn't busy but was a welcome oasis of cool calm off Leicester sq. after a very hot day The food was great, good size portions, service was prompt & attentive, meall was reasonably priced for 'posh nosh' Very happy with experience and will definiately be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty but deserves a crowdHugoDined on 9/7/2013We had booked it for a pre-theatre dinner and were a bit worried discovering we were the only guests in what is a rather modernistic, minimalistic hotel restaurant. But we were pleasantly surprised. The quality of the dishes was excellent and the service outstanding. It is a shame that the restaurant was empty and had therefore no atmosphere. This place deserves a crowd.Special Features:
- What a find!Food4thoughtDined on 6/7/2013We arranged a family meal at this wonderful restaurant for a Saturday lunch - they could not have been more helpful, from accommodating a further 5 diners to this group booking, to ensuring every aspect was catered for. The staff are outstanding - very patient (and trust me they needed it with this group!), the food was top quality and the wine reasonably priced, all this and the TopTable offer too! There was nothing to fault, only to praise. I can't believe such value at a central London location. Thank you for making this a memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining expirience247funVIPDined on 22/6/2013We have been dining in this restaurant several times as food is delicious and services are excellent. We can recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the perfect placesangloVIPDined on 20/6/2013This is the perfect place for lunch at this phantastic toptable offer if you are doing things around Leicester Square or for a pre-Theater lunch or dinner. The atmosphere and service are great, it's a relaxing place to eat and the food was delicious. We had pumpkin soup, spinach & walnut salad and the salmon, all beautifully prepared. So, if you haven't eaten there yet, you should try it. Pure pleasure all round !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a very good meal.saphtaVIPDined on 19/6/2013Once again a very good meal. We have been many times and although we enjoy the food between us we have been through the menu and feel some additions and changes to the menu would encourage us to come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining expirience247funVIPDined on 15/6/2013We have been surprised that there have been not a lot of people in this restaurant on Saturday night as food have been delicious, services have been excellent and location of this restaurant is excellent for theatres and all the fun around Central London.Special Features:
- Check the CostViva754Dined on 14/6/2013Had a great meal here. When came to pay was told £19.99 each for 2 course meal. Didnt have proof with me that was advertised at £12.99 each. When got home and checked it should have been £12.99. 40% extra is naughty.Special Features:
- Birthday Booking for a groupSeafoodieDined on 8/6/2013Nice atmosphere, nice food, not the best seating arrangement available due to the space of the restaurant so had to sit on two separate long tables that had been put together. Great staff, and service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it. Huge portions too!LucieDined on 8/6/2013Went with a friend for a bite to eat before the theatre. The restaurant was classy, modern, ambient and sleek without feeling stuffy. The staff were very attentive and friendly and the food was gorgeous. Real large portions too, it is not often I am unable to finish my plate. Was really happy and would definitely visit again and recommend to others.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a very nice meal.AfterShowDinnerDined on 6/6/2013We enjoyed a very nice meal. We had the 2 course set menu, mains and desert. The food was very fresh and cooked perfectly. The service was good. It was a lovely early dinner.Special Features:
- Leicester Square Bar & RestaurantreviewernicknameDined on 3/6/2013We were eating before going to the theatre and, as well as being ideally located, the food was very good and excellent value, and the service was attentive and friendly. The portion sizes gave us a pleasant surprise, especially the smoked salmon starter, which was far larger than we would have expected. Even without the Toptable offer we used, I think this meal would have been good value, and I would certainly go back to eat here again, particularly pre-theatre.Special Features:
- nice meal but very quietGWR66Dined on 1/6/2013Thought this was on Leicester Square with doors opening out onto the square but it is around the corner and really a small hotel bar / restaurant. One other couple dining on a Saturday night. Very good value meal, few but adequate choices. Attentive, friendly staff. Run out of house wine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of a surpriselesley07Dined on 30/5/2013...to find this hotel's restaurant tucked at the side of Leicester Square. So nice to get away from the pavement restaurants with predictable menus. True there was very little choice on this set menu but what we had was delicious. Not a great deal of atmosphere but modern/contemporary feel which was nice. Service also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-week lunch breakWelshgourmetVIPDined on 30/5/2013Just popped in for lunch on my own while in the area. Very good Toptable deal £12.95 for 2 courses. Staff went out of their way to let me have vegetables with my chicken instead of potatoes. I spent a nice relaxing lunch time there and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little secretochreDined on 11/5/2013I went for a meal with my girlfriends recently to Leicester square bar and restaurant. When walking into the restaurant, it was like walking into a glamorous airport lounge. There was only one other group there, so it felt that we had the whole restaurant to ourselves. We had the set menu offer with a glass of Prosecco. The food was very nice and it was good sized potions, by the time dessert arrived, it was a struggle to finish!!! Tough it was equally yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've eaten in the LeicesterdelicieuxVIPDined on 3/5/2013We've eaten in the Leicester Square Bar & Restaurant a couple of times now and it is a very pleasant experience. The staff is friendly, efficient and attentive. I've only been there pre-theatre and it has not been particularly busy but I can't understand why that would be as the food is well-cooked and presented, plentiful and, as far as the TopTable deal goes, excellent value. We had a Prosecco, three courses and a coffee; all for £25 per person. Reasonably-priced wine is available, as well as more expensive varieties. When going to a show nearby, I would certainly choose this venue again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a good position for theatresJan4AnneDined on 26/4/2013In a good position for theatres and stations, off a quiet street. Attentive and friendly service, good value menu offered with several choices. Nice bread and tea/coffee includedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value, good foodMPLonDined on 19/4/2013Went for a pre-concert meal; 3 course set menu and a glass of bubbly. The food was lovely, good choices of veggie and fish, well presented and tasty. Service was good but a little slow, considering the place was fairly quiet. Having said that, I would definitely recommend it and would happily go again - and intend to do so!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely quiet for a Thursday.danlynchDined on 18/4/2013Extremely quiet for a Thursday. We were the only table in there from 7 til 8:30. Set menu looked good, but opted for the a la carte. Service was friendly, but a little over bearing. I had finished my meal, but my friend was still eating and on 2 occasions were asked if they could clear the plates. We were handed the sweet menu and was asked after 1 minute if we were ready to order. I'm putting this down to the fact that there was no one else in there for the 2 waiters to look after. Food was lovely. The lamb was cooked beautifully and the sauce delicious. My friend had the mussles, which again were cooked beautifully. Would I go back, possibly, but not in a huge rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a relaxed environmentEebbVIPDined on 13/4/2013I like the leicester square bar and restaurant and have used the offer 2-3 times. Food is very tasty, very attentive service and relaxing / calm atmosphere next to leceister square. A place I will visit again and recommend
- recommendedcanddjauntsDined on 6/4/2013good after or pre theatre location away from the bussle of leicester square, yet in a cental locatiion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friently staff...GlimmertwinDined on 5/4/2013I went here with friends prior to a visit to The Black Cat Cabaret and have to say I was very happy. The food was good (not jaw-dropping but good) and the staff were very helpful, the menu selection was quite varied and the April Special was fantastic value. We were the only table in the place and I have a feeling that it never gets busy, but I think this is probably because it's in a hotel and in the UK we don't go for dinner in a hotel the way that folk do overseas; not because it's not worth trying - which it definitely is if like me you're bored of all the chains that populate our streets.Special Features:
- Dirty NightelizabethDined on 22/3/2013The wind and snow were raging outside and Leicester Square was the emptiest I ever remember it. The menu wasn't as "British" as it used to be, though, I was hopiing for smoked haddock and swede. The crumble in a martini glass wasn't so good either, but, as I said, it was a refuge in the storm, and good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was impressed with the staffMecsDined on 18/3/2013I was impressed with the staff here and really enjoyed the food too. A little lacking in atmosphere but as an hotel restaurant that's not too surprising. Also, our reservation was for 6.30pm on a Monday as we had theatre tickets so it may have been busier a little later. Just off Leicester Square, the food was several steps up from most offerings around the square, and the staff were very obliging. And I'll look at this restaurant the next time I'm off to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so hidden gem!vbkurutzaVIPDined on 12/3/2013Just off Leicester Square we found a superb spot for a great value pre-theatre meal. £25 pp for a glass of procecco,3 courses and coffee. Can’t really beat that! Very good quality food, excellent service and lovely décor as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentStevefDined on 2/3/2013Couldn't fault it, great service, great food and a nice venueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misleading AdBond007Dined on 16/2/2013Toptable stated that a 'Valentine' menu would be in place for the WEEK, when in fact it was only for the 14th! This menu would have been great, but we were stuck with a normal 'specials' menu. Which was fine if you liked fish! We all went for the main menu. Of the six, 3 went for steak. What a mistake! Only the one ordered 'blue' came up as asked. the other two were full of gristle and sinus and not cooked as asked. The other 3 meals were fine! We were given 50% of the food bill for the mistake by toptable and the poor steaks. The whole episode ruined my guests 60th birthbaySpecial Features: