LEONARDO & COMPANY
283 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow, G2 3HQNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
LEONARDO & COMPANY
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.papatonys.co.uk/
- Phone: 01413323800
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from LEONARDO & COMPANY
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LEONARDO & COMPANY reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since 25 October 2013
group bookings (1)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- OKangels7230Dined on 19/6/2014Gluten free pasta avaliable but was a little soggy. Ordered prawns for starter and advised they were out of stock 10 minutes later. Parma ham / mozarella starter very nice though. Overall cheap deal at £15 2 courses for 2 people, ok food but nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Papa Tony's is not worth visitingNurseRatchedDined on 15/9/2013Tried to call to prebook a table. Gave up trying to get through and their voicemail box was full. Booked online, but when we got there they had no note of the booking, and the waiter said that the number on the website was probably the old one! we got 7 of the 8 main courses delivered to the table only to be told there was a problem with remaining meal. It got delivered as the rest of us were finishing our main courses....and we were still charged for it. We weren't offered the desert menu but had to ask for it, when we ordered desert the waitier suggested that it would be ineresting to see the chef do this..........he was right....I got sogggy pastry and runny stuff on top which I think was meant to be caramel apple cake. will not be back!
- Pre-TheatreMamaDined on 13/7/2013We booked a table for a pre-theatre and although the pre-theatre menu was great we couldn't resist choosing from the a la carte menu. The choice was huge and the food we chose was absolutely delicious. The staff were very friendly and funny! Nice surroundings and altogether a very enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend Papa Tony's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at Papatony's buttiggrificDined on 8/6/2013first time at Papatony's but defiitely not the last. The service was great especially as we were off to the theatre afterwards. The food was amazing and great value for money. We all had pasta and it was fresh and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite Glasgow ItalianBrians54Dined on 13/4/2013Had yet another great meal. Fantastic service and ambience ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great foodyumyumDined on 13/4/2013The food was delicious and great value given the portion size was huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent valueAngelaznailzDined on 17/3/2013Easily booked through Toptable. We enjoyed Minestrone soup and risotto for under £8. The Lasagne was lovely too. Slightly chilly when we arrived, but it is a large area and it soon warmed up. Good service and the food arrived promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but no more breadcrumbs pleasegailandstuDined on 16/3/2013Good food and friendly staff. Breadcrumbs on my wife's seat from previous diners was nor great. New black tights on too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great, staffChezDined on 5/2/2013The service was great, staff were very nice & food was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Papa Tony's review :-)Foodluva92Dined on 13/1/2013I recently visited papa Tony's for the second time, it was outstanding the food was delicious, have never tasted anything so tasty and filling yet very fairly priced. I arrived at the restruant in Glasgow at 7pm I was kindly greeted by a waitress, who showed us to our dinning booth very comfy and spacious there are tables set out but I prefer a booth which was perfect with a single candle and a rose in a vase it started a lovely meal. The starters were out of this world and the main even better such flavour! It was my first anniversary with my boyfriend so was important it was perfect and it was would highly recommend papa tonys ! ! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor FoodDavidThomsonDined on 31/12/2012Food was bland! The pesto pasta did not taste like pasta at all. Pizza's were nice but pastas were terrible.
- great foodaguinessDined on 2/12/2012This is the best value I've found yet. Foods great service is reapply good The price is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalHappyeaterDined on 13/11/2012Fantastic pre-theatre meal served by friendly staff in very nice restaurant(although ask for a seat away from the door as it was a bit draughty). This was our first visit to Papa Tony's and already planning the next one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions extremely small.FishmagsDined on 10/10/2012Portions extremely small.Fish and chicken overcooked but despite informing the waitress no discount was given.Special Features:
- Seafood risottothevikingDined on 15/7/2012We both had our hearts set on a seafood risotto, which turned out not to be on the menu. They made it for us anyway and it was outstanding. Massive portion for the money and incredibly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miserable pre theatre experiencePaulChelleDined on 4/5/2012Arrived at 615, our pre-booked reservation time to be told we would need to wait 10 mins, I informed our server we would need to be seated quickly as we were seeing a show at 730. We were shown to a booth shortly afterwards. Having placed our order at 620 our starter arrived at 640, by this stage we were panicking,looking round the restaurant several couples were also waiting ( some longer than us) our main meals arrived at 710, an arrabiatta and an arrabiatta with spicy sausage, except it wasn't spicy. Having dined in several of this chains other restaurants, namely byres rd and city centre I was left extremely disappointed by the experience. I would prob return to other places again but at £36 for a rushed two course meal, I'll not b back
- Lovely restaurant, friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012Lovely restaurant, friendly, helpful staff, great service. Would definitely go back next time in Sauchiehall Street.Special Features:
- First time we've ever been,hadAngieKDined on 30/3/2012First time we've ever been,had a nice average meal. Maybe would be an idea for restaurant to update their online menu as 1 of our party of 4 dosen't eat pasta and had picked Paperinos as they had steak on their menu but when arrived no steak on menu. Luckily enough they had a steak left from the specials menu. As i said first time we've been food was average maybe try somewhere else next time.
- Good service, enjoyable meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 24/3/2012Good service, enjoyable meal. The evening was slightly spoilt by a loud group of young men at the next table. Disappointed that the staff didn't ask the annoying diners to moderate their behaviour.Special Features:
- Fantastic Night Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Second time i've been to paperino's and once again it didn't disappoint! Food is lovely and the staff are very friendly! It was quite busy when we were in, but that didn't affect the level of service at all which maNkens a good change from some restaurants i've been to. Fantasic night out. Will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent!stunpoliDined on 4/2/2012Love this place. The food, the staff, the service, the atmosphere, value for money. It's difficult for us to go elsewhere now!Special Features:
- warm and friendlyeddardstarkDined on 4/2/2012My girlfriend and I dined here on a busy Saturday night. We got a booth to ourselves which was cosy and romantic and the service was excellent. A great place to kick of your night before braving the nightlife outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Having eaten here twice now,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 31/1/2012Having eaten here twice now, I would most definetly reccomend this restaurant to friends and family. The food is delcious and ample, good service and a wonderful atmosphere. Will certainly go back soon.Special Features:
- on the night reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 27/1/2012Although I have rated it poor on this one occasion, I have been many times in the past and have rated it very highly, perhaps just an off night... .
- Food excellent, warm and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 27/1/2012Food excellent, warm and friendly atmosphere, service a little slow, waited 20 mins for a drink.Special Features:
- Have been to Paperinos manyVeryhappybunnyDined on 30/12/2011Have been to Paperinos many times and found their staff friendly and food good. The food was fine this time but service was incredibly slow - we waited 40 minutes before our meal arrived and had to wait ages to get the bill - so long that we gave up and just went to the till.nth is was between Christmas and new year so maybe they were short staffed?We also noticed that the wine list has been cut drastically - there are now only 3 choices of red or white wine. They are cheaper too. Not sure why the change?My friend who had the tiramisu, one of his favourites, said it was still up to standard, and the coffee was excellent, as ever.Special Features:
- We ate as a group with twoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 30/12/2011We ate as a group with two children and four adults. Two of the adults were coming from work so it was difficult to know when, exactly, they would arrive. When this was explained the staff were very relaxed about it which was good. We booked for an early meal before going to the pantomime at the Kings and found it ideal because the choice of food was good both for excited children and for the adults in our group.Special Features:
- Enjoyable venue for accessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 24/12/2011Enjoyable venue for access to theatre. Family friendly but equally good for couplesSpecial Features:
- This is a nice place thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 24/12/2011This is a nice place that mainly serves pizza and pasta. The food was fine and the service was good. My only complaint would be that it feels very crammed. Our table was next to the window and it was a bit of a struggle getting in and out!Special Features:
- Liked everything except myOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 20/12/2011Liked everything except my main course, which was the arrabiata. It is a personal favourite, but unfortunately tasted a bit like it had been burnt :( calamari for starter was lovely, and service was good too.Special Features:
- Having arrived at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 15/12/2011Having arrived at the restaurant for 4.55pm for our table which had been booked for 5pm, we had to wait 25 minutes until we were able to place our order. We had to request that someone come and take our order because the staff seemed to go out of their way to avoid us! The atmosphere was pretty dull and the staff didn’t look happy to be there and this was clearly reflected in the service provided. The food was a disappointment and only 1 person out of a group of 8 actually enjoyed their meal. The mozzarella sticks were very greasy, the ‘spicy’ pasta was awfully bland and clearly didn’t have any chillies in it and the calzones were dry. There was also a confusion over the meals and who had ordered what and it took the server several
- Great food (goats cheese tartletsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2011Great food (goats cheese tartlets were a particular fav) Friendly staff, good service, lively but relaxed atmosphere, very enjoyable. experience.Special Features:
- Have been here before butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2011Have been here before but booked in advance as it is very hard to get a table on the off chance as it is very popular.Food is excellent, portions large and prices reasonable. Staff very helpful.Special Features:
- My husband and myself wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2011My husband and myself were at Paperinos for a pre-theatre meal. The restaurant was quiet and although we were told the heaters were on it was cold and draughty. The food was fine but got cold quickly due to the temperature. The waiting staff were friendly but no one showed us out, got our coats or said goodbye. We've dined at Paperinos numerous times over the years and feel that the level of service has declined.
- Ideally situated for theatres.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011Ideally situated for theatres. My 4th time at Paperinos and all visits highly recommended.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our visit -goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 19/11/2011We enjoyed our visit -good menu, food tasty, efficient friendly staff.It went very quiet about 8.45pm, which we were surprised about,so there was not much atmosphere after this.But it was a Saturday night in Glasgow.Special Features:
- A well established restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 14/11/2011A well established restaurant serving authentic Italian food at very reasonable prices. I chose from the lunch menu and enjoyed a starter, a main course, a coffee and two LARGE glasses of wine for £20 including tip!Special Features:
- Our food was brilliant oneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2011Our food was brilliant one of our quests asked for cream in her dish and was told no problem staff were very friendly and attentive, lovely start to our evening!!Special Features:
- It was a very bsuy SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2011It was a very bsuy Saturday 5.30 pre theatre and the restaurant was very noisy in fact we had to ask to have our table changed due to a very loud group of females. The waitress was most helpful and moved us to a quieter spot. The food was just average and I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend
- First time and will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2011First time and will be back. Great food and service.