Les Trois Garçons
1 Club Row
London, E1 6JXNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Les Trois Garçons
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lestroisgarcons.com/
- Phone: 020 7613 1924
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday and Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6pm - 9h30pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 6pm -10h30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Michael Chan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: We serve the highest quality food made with market fresh ingredients.
- Entertainment: We are available for groups and private hire. Please do enquire.
A word from Les Trois Garçons
Inspired by luxury and executed with impeccable taste, Les Trois Garcons is a place to marvel. The dark interior is softened by candle light and the reflective sparkles from the chandeliers. An electric blend of furniture and objects selected carefully to achieve sheer opulence. Chef Michael Chan creates a menu packed with flavours using classic French techniques with an modern approach. His philosophy is to use the best seasonal ingredients available on the market from forager herbs to award winning Herdwick lamb.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Les Trois Garçons - Best restaurants in Shoreditch ›
Les Trois Garçons reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since 23 November 2013
special occasions (156)romance (148)fit for foodies (82)business meals (41)group bookings (18)pre/post theatre (14)outstanding value (14)good vegetarian options (12)sunday lunch (6)brunch (4)child friendly (2)outdoor eating (2)afternoon tea (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- AmajamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Very nice restaurantm great food and cool atmosphere. A bit expensive, but worth it if you dont mind paying a bit extra!Special Features:
- Good not greatMickisDined on 8/11/2014Service good, but food was average and portions very small. Unique setting which adds to ambience, overall not anything to rave about.Special Features:
- Brilliant dinner, excellent servicelondoner34Dined on 6/11/2014The service was outstanding. The food was delicious, true French dining. The place is quirky and interesting, and we felt at home. It is a bit pricey, but it well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePhm44Dined on 5/11/2014Le Trois Garçons is a unique experience. The eclectic decor of the dining room will keep the conversation going all dinner long. The Maitre D', Fabian, is guaranteed to keep you amused. And then the food..... Simply exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Les Trois GarconsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2014We enjoyed our meal here. The price was slightly more than we expected but the food was very good and the ambience / service great.Special Features:
- db1ofswDined on 29/10/2014Excellent food and excellent service in a wonderfully quirky environment. Our third visit and hopefully not our last.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencejonnixDined on 29/10/2014We really enjoyed our Les Trois Garcons experience. The decor is camp and quirky, our waiter was super-attentive, observant and dealt with our annoying questions with good humour and the food was delicious. The Chateaubriand was melt-in-the-mouth!Special Features:
- Fabulous food, interesting artFoodie4uDined on 27/10/2014The décor is amazing, there are so many things to look at, it truly is an eclectic mix of objet d'art. Fortunately the food met all expectations too, the menu was interesting and all courses were presented beautifully and tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious and intimate night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 25/10/2014Everything at Les Trois Garçons was a lovely treat. The eclectic and garish ambience lent perfectly to the modern take on French cuisine -- we couldn't stop making jokes about the stuffed giraffe that watched over us as we ate. The wait staff kindly answered questions about the menu and provided honest and clear recommendations about wine without being overbearing or ostentatious. And of course, the food was inspired and delicious -- the John Dory was especially tasty.Special Features:
- First visit, would highly recommendRNCADined on 21/10/2014The staff were very welcoming and throughout the evening we received excellent service. The menu had enough variety to suit all our tastes and was well presented and delicious. We liked the quirky decor and would return without hesitation.Special Features:
- charming place!mamiliami1Dined on 16/10/2014very nice and outstanding interiors :) food excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBecycleDined on 14/10/2014Took my wife for mid week dinner. Very friendly service but not over attentive. Excellent quality food in a fantastically quirky environment. Brilliant, and at a good price too.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, service & ambiencePinsDinsDined on 11/10/2014I booked a table at Le Trois Garçons for my wife's 30th birthday and wasn't dissapointed. Excellent service, fantastic food and a great ambience. Not overpriced either. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and quirkyAlbieDined on 8/10/2014We loved the atmosphere with the quirk décor reminiscent of a decadent 1920's Paris establishment. Our meal was fine although I felt the Open Table discount brought the cost of food down to the correct value. Service was excellent and the place is deservedly popular being virtually full on a Wednesday. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Wonderful for that special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014My wife son and I visited the restaurant for the first time to celebrate a special occasion. This can be risky, but we had been recommended by a reliable source, and were not disappointed. Aside from the splendid surroundings, excellent menu and food quality the service was particularly friendly but not ott, and were treated as if we were regular customers, which we will be.Special Features:
- Quelle decadence.PedroDined on 1/10/2014Fantastic adventurous super tasty food, warm and efficient service, great decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine et fabuleux!rockourworldDined on 1/10/2014Took my girlfriend here for her birthday taking advantage of the 25% discount offer on Open Table and was expecting to be shuffled off to a side table and given a reduced menu, but the reality was nothing of the sort. We had a fantastic table with open views of the whole restaurant, our waitress was charming and efficient without being officious, our complimentary glasses of prosecco arrived swiftly and joy the full à la carte menu was on offer including the day's specials - when the food arrived we could not have been happier as the standard of cooking was excellent. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable experience and far better than some of the stuffier starred restaurants we have been to for other such celebrations. Vive les trois garçons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbeCandiceDined on 23/9/2014This restaurant is just fantastic. And I am very fussy! The decor is amazing and the service is 5 star. And the food is just divine! They take great care with every detail. And have a pride in their work. I will be returning for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanna_fSpannaDined on 18/9/2014Had wanted to go here for many years and finally found the occasion on our wedding anniversary. From the start to finish the service was superb, friendly and professional. Crazy interior of restaurant reminscent of the Crazy Bear hotel. Great food. Would definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/9/2014Our dinner and the ambience of the restaurant was well worth the trek on the subway. Service was top notch, we would recommend to anyone in the city. Loved the quirky décor as well.Special Features:
- disappointingkat3Dined on 13/9/2014We finally made it here after being excited to hear about it when it first made a splash. We were too late. Despite the maitre d being a consummate professional the other waiting staff and the food were a big disappointment. I think its had its day. Perhaps we are too old (40s) but it seemed a little tawdry and Loungelover, the bar next door, utterly pretentious.Special Features:
- AmazingBonjourFoodDined on 30/8/2014The decor and ambience of the restaurant is unique and like no where else. The food was amazing, everything was perfect. The staff was extremely attentive and polite, which made the whole experience even better. The desserts will blow your mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SF2013VIPDined on 28/8/2014We went for the 6 course tasting menu with a two-for-one coupon. Matching wine (£32) was a real value for money. We really enjoyed the food and wine. I wouldn't have dined if I didn't have the coupon as I found the a la carte menu is quite pricy. However, we really enjoyed our experience there!! Good restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 26/8/2014Romantic evening celebrating boyfriend's bday. The staff were polite and the food was nicely cooked. We used the open table offer for 25% off food with a glass of prosecco which was good value (without the offer the food may be somewhat overpriced for what you get). Nice touch was they brought a little candle on a small desert for happy birthday at the end. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!LollyJVIPDined on 20/8/2014Perfect venue for a date with excellent food and wine. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Rachel15VIPDined on 13/8/2014My friend and I visited Les Trois Garcons on a Wednesday evening at 6pm. The restaurant was very quiet when we arrived but it's such a fun place we spent the first 10 minutes just adminiring the decor! The waiters were excellent, attentive, friendly and even when the restaurant became busy at about 7pm, they still ensured our glasses were always filled and that our plates were cleared etc. The food was great - I had prawn cakes and couscous as a main and my friend had steak. Both were excellent as were the desserts. We had booked using an OpenTable deal which meant we had a free glass of Prosecco each (which was lovely and very drinkable) and then 25% off our food bill. We were astonished at how good value the food was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/8/2014The food was slightly inventive, beautifully refined, and delicious! We had the snails and pork belly (!!), and warm lobster salad with farfalle to start. Both were incredibly impressive and delicious. I had the chicken for main - had a bit of an asian twist, cooked to perfection and tasty. The prawn main was a bit disappointing - the prawns were very "prawny' tasting without other flavours to balance it out. Cheese platter was disappointing for me. Creme brûlées were good! Great ambience, interesting decor, and warm, friendly and amazing service! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- DownieDineandoutDined on 12/8/2014We booked for our wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. Les Trois Garcons is romantic and slightly surreal in ambience. The staff are utterly charming and the food stunning. Thank you all for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- AMAZINGMartinpercival1988Dined on 9/8/2014The staff are incredible!! They're friendly, funny, efficient and topped with the surroundings as you eat... I'd go there to just sit in awe! But the food is too good not to eat! Deffo coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely experienceSquirtleDined on 6/8/2014The perfect venue for a quiet intimate lunch. The service was impeccable and the food amazing. Would have no hesitation in returning.Special Features:
- Perfect hosts, setting and foodOinkDined on 5/8/2014A long awaited special birthday treat, Les Trois Garcons was well worth the wait. Extremely attentive and friendly hosts, truly unique atmosphere and a perfectly cooked great menu made this a very special night. Thank you!Special Features:
- Special occasion dinnerPatriziaDined on 4/8/2014We had the testing menu with the wine pairing. The food was really good and we appreciated the choise of the wines with just an exception: as italians, we would not have matched the starter of foie gras with a sweet, full-bodied and flavorful wine (Clos Le Comte ‘Cuvée Emilie’, Sauternes, France, 2011), but this is just our personal opinion, given by the tradition of our food-culture. The quality of the wine and the food in general was really outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely evening mealZoeLDined on 30/7/2014the food was lovely and attentive service, good wine knowledge to compliment our mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemDivadellarteDined on 30/7/2014We visited for lunch as part of a trip to London to celebrate our anniversary. The food selection was absolutely outstanding. As for service, the maitre d' was attentive, without being overbearing. He took the time to tell us the stories behind the unusual decor and talk us through any questions we had about the food or drinks. Waiting times were long enough to feel relaxed without wondering what was happening. Everything was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Well worth the cost and the trek out from the more usual "touristy" areas of London.Special Features:
- Super mealGoodfoodieDined on 25/7/2014It is a beautiful venue , with super decor! So much to look at - shabby chic The food was fantastic especially the beef! The service was fantastic with friendly waiters and waitress. A thoroughly enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GojumesDined on 23/7/2014We had a great evening. The set menu was excellent with new combinations of ingredients. The wine menu excellent. One glass of five was red wine. Maybe someone wants more but that depends on how it fits with the food. Charming, effective service. The restaurant is in a room with hundreds of surprising things to see. Very funny.Special Features:
- Strange BeastsKenNo2Dined on 16/7/2014From the initial impact of ambience - bulldogs with wings, marlins bursting through walls - through excellent and well balanced service to a melt in the mouth chauteaubriand, this was a pleasureable experience to be repeated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodPierAndreaDined on 11/7/2014Food, ambience and service were really good. Interesting fact: everyone speak with a French accent even if they are not from FranceSpecial Features:
- People..........PeterDined on 9/7/2014The afters was outstanding but the mains were a little average. What made the place was the welcome and the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary NightbennDined on 7/7/2014Great restaurant for East London. Certainly on par with all the more central/west London top eateries. Ambience was great, food was top notch, with great wine recommendations from the sommelier. I'd definitely have the snails and the waygu beef again! Would definitely recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.