Jason Court, 76 Wigmore Street
London, W1U 2SJNeighbourhood:
Middle EasternPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072241111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12pm - 3pm; 5pm - 9pm
Friday: 12pm - 3pm; 6pm - 3am
Saturday: 12pm - 4pm; 5pm - 3am
Sunday:12pm - 2pm; 5pm - late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Lebanese, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: David Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Levant can be also booked for private hire for any celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Kasia 02072241111x
- Entertainment: Belly dancing Monday – Thursday 20:30, Friday 20:45 & 23:30, Saturday 20:30 & 23:00, Sunday 20:30 & 23:00
Arabic Live Band on Fridays 22:30
DJ on Saturdays
A word from Levant
Welcome to the glamorous world of Middle Eastern Luxury. <br><br>Our food is all about the art of sharing. It is one of the most diverse and exciting cuisines in the world. <br>Deep colours, cushioned lounges, exotic cocktails and exquisite authentic food. Your sleeping taste bud will be seduced and aroused by spices, aromas and tastes that await you. <br>Escape to rich world of elegant and sophisticated surroundings whenever you looking for North African carnival party or more intimate moments for couples or small groups. <br>As the night draws in belly dancers hypnotize the hedonistic and get the party going. Ambient music expertly mixed by resident DJ’s creates an irresistible atmosphere enticing guests to stay into early hours. <br>Join us for unforgettable journey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Levant reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since 31 October 2013
special occasions (70)group bookings (64)romance (47)good vegetarian options (30)fit for foodies (25)business meals (19)pre/post theatre (15)outstanding value (11)outdoor eating (5)sunday lunch (1)child friendly (1)Show More
- Thank you for a lovely mealPunjabiFoodieDined on 28/10/2014I love your food, decor, ambiance, and the dancers. I always have a lovely time, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sukamakanDined on 20/10/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit and meal to Levant for the first time. This was a great prize voucher that we had won. We would definitely encourage friends and relatives to dine in your restaurant. The belly dancers stole the night they were professional and what an amazing performance! One downside chairs are not ergonomic therefore a little uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Love it but service needs helpHappyCustomerVIPDined on 18/10/2014I have been to Levant many times and like to take out-of-town guests. Food & ambiance are great but service has deteriorated. We had a table for 2 and were placed in the highest traffic table in middle of entrace walkway. We requested to move which was kindly accomodated but we were in a corner where our servers forgot about us. We asked for water 5 times before we got our 1st glass and struggled to get refills. We finished our bottle of wine and couldn't get a server to order another drink. Once we got our mains no one checked on us and even 20 minutes after finishing, we had to flag down a server to get our plates cleared. While I will go to Levant again, I was disappointed and hope they improve things.Special Features:
- Awful experienceJB88Dined on 17/10/2014Booked the restaurant for my birthday, table for 8 people. On arrival at the restaurant they told us we could only order from the set menus which they had in no way communicated previously. In addition, they stated they would need the table back within two hours however no waiters came to our table to collect orders for long periods of time. They eventually agreed to let us order from the a la carte menu but 45 mins of our two hour slot (which they had imposed) had been used up. It got worse - they failed to even bring two orders of main courses to the table and suggested it was diner's fault! Also, dishes turned up incorrect with the waiters stubbornly claiming that they were in fact correct! Definitely will not go back.
- Lively atmosphere, great serviceDPReviewDined on 9/10/2014Went here on a date. Beautiful ambience, and some exceptional service. Lovely belly dancing to break up the evening and provide entertainment. Chairs were a little low for tall people to fit in comfortably and food was a little too salty at times. I would recommend a range of the starters to first time visitors. The main dishes and fruit in the afters was not as good as it could have been. But this type of place is all about the experience. I'm still with him.. So it must have worked out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikepLovemyfoodDined on 7/10/2014A very exciting evening and wonderful experience. From the moment that you walk in to the moment you leave. wonderful - took clients who wanted to go again!Special Features:
- Great servicedimpleDined on 4/10/2014Staff were very efficient. Lovely atmosphere. Food was delicious. We will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:
- Ladies NightMsJjDined on 2/10/2014I alwyas go for one of the fabulous set menu options - perfect for ladies night! Great food, great cocktails and awesome belly dancers!!Special Features:
- Good food and dancingDemonDined on 1/10/2014The food was tasty, hot and served promptly. The service was attentive and friendly, and the belly dancers were great. The only criticism I have is that the tables are a little small and when you have lots of sharing plates it is a little cramped. Other than that, we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most awful dinner experienceMona2NDined on 27/9/2014My 3 friends & i went to levant for my birthday. We were totally ignored all night, our drinks took 30 minutes to come. The main course was served 2 hours from arriving around 11:15pm, at which point we were not hungry any more. After complaining to the waiter we were told the manager will see us in 5 minutes. He came 1 hour later and wasn't even apologetic, claiming they were busy (which they weren't). The whole experience was aweful, music was so loud it felt like we were in a seedy nightclub. This was my 4th visit at levant and it will be last! The manager took off one set meal from the bill & expected us to pay for service which we refused to ofcourse. To top as there was food left over we asked to pack it up which they forgot to!
- Scrumptious Arabic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/9/2014Very good ambience and very friendly service. The food is amazing, and the portions are quite large.Special Features:
- DeafeningJazzyDined on 19/9/2014We went for my friend's birthday and got to the restaurant just after 9pm. Just after we ordered, a band started up playing arab style music, and although the music was very good, it was so loud that making an kind of conversation was impossible. Even after we requested that they turn the music down a little, the restaurant manager had a fiddle on the speaker above our table, making no difference whatsoever. The only conversation we could have was in the breaks between songs, not the most relaxing atmosphere for a nice relaxing meal. The food however was very good, although we did feel a little rushed to hurry and finish our meal, so if you are looking for more of a club like experience during your meal, then this place is great.Special Features:
- amazing foodMANA1211Dined on 17/9/2014Usually the typical lebansese food doesn't tickle my taste buds as they tend to be dry and the boring. Everything we ordered tasted so succulent and full of flavour.... loveeed it!!! very good service and perfect ambience with some belly dance entertainment towards the end of our meal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014This is the second time I have booked Levant, for a group of friends. Plenty of food, which ranged from lots of dips - houmous, baba ganoush followed by a feast of meat dishes, lamb, chicken. Perfectly finished with turkish delight, and baklava including tea! For 6 of us we ordered only 5 'feasts' and there has plenty left. The food is divine, service impeccable and ambience perfect. Enjoyable performance of belly dancers added to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- express lunchilikefoodDined on 10/9/2014went for a group with lunch. they advertise an "express lunch" but the meal took almost 2 hours? food was good and great atmosphere. better for an evening out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to beOnlyDrinkatGongDined on 5/9/2014The food and service was great as always. However, the usually lively environment was missing. The belly dancers came for 10 minutes like they needed to go to the next Middle Eastern restaurant. Wouldn't go again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014Nice atmosphere although the music was a little loud. Very nice food and friendly staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubblyDVIPDined on 26/8/2014Food was delicious and lots of it. Failed to eat half of what we ordered as the portions are huge. I would recommend it for an evening meal as it was practically empty at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Levant reviewAH786Dined on 24/8/2014Food was delicious, entertainment was great but the service was lacking as we had to chase waiter/waitress for second lot of drinks, request to turn AC off as it was very cold and chase one starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 24/8/2014Have eaten at Levant before. One thing is not in dispute is the quality and taste of the food, always very good. My big gripe is with the service, being a Sunday night its understandable that the number of staff would be less than a busy Friday/Saturday however the numbers were not enough. Slow service and a slightly cramped environment made the experience less than expected. Great food but the overall experience affected by service and cramped environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surroundingsFoodieDined on 15/8/2014The food and mocktails were great! Service was fast and friendly. No complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the feast menuMistressMasterchef1Dined on 7/8/2014This works out better value if there are 2 or more of you and you choose the feast menu. Also the Lebanese wine was a good choice too. The belly dancing is a slight distraction & more of a novelty but overall a good group night out venueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2014Thought the menu was over priced for a 5 minute floor show.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance...food is fairOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/7/2014Would not go back in the near future. Although the dancers are a great watch. Deserts are amazing!Special Features:
- Love itBrisstuketteDined on 10/7/2014We had great evening with my wife. We ordered a set menu which was more than enough. The service was great. It is a bit pricey buy you get a lot for your money. We'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth seeking outOnTheBackFootDined on 5/7/2014Huge fan of this place. Atmosphere is always fantasticand the staff are always helpful. Most important of all, the food is delicious. Would recommend to anyone - the gorgeous decor is perfect for a romantic meal or a celebration with a group - just be sure to check in advance and make sure your booking coincides with some belly-dancing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good restaurantLocalLondonerDined on 4/7/2014Yummy fresh food, good cocktails. Added bonus of belly dancers and Arabic music. Also pleased they put the word cup footy on!!!Special Features:
- greekdoctorDined on 2/7/2014We went with my girlfriend for my birthday. What can I say. Food was good, only salmon probably wasn't a good idea. The belly dancers amazing, took my breath away. The waitress was very friendly and she brought me a cake for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Levant are back on top!GaryHDined on 28/6/2014We went back to Levant for a special occasion after a long break from going there. Having made regular trips here up until a few years ago, we then became disillusioned with the service and stopped going. Well, I'm pleased to say they seem to be back on top and we had a lovely experience. Staff were friendly, food was excellent, good entertainment & a great atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Decadent delicious lunch!LjevansppDined on 27/6/2014Colleague's leaving lunch. Worked well and even though I know Levant more for evening, it still worked well, although it is much quieter during the day naturally. Starters are a strong point so think like Tapas and go all out there. Shish based / grilled meat mains were strong, but the Fattet (I forget the exact name) wasn't as enjoyed by 2 of my guests as all of the other dishes, which were outstanding. A lovely indulgent lunch befitting a celebration for a job well done before a well liked colleague is moving on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/6/2014The food was adequate. The service was bad. Definitely not good value for money. In a city like London, full of extremely good places to eat, this is definitely not a place to return!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/6/2014The service was a complete disaster. 45 mins waiting for the starter an hour waiting for the mains and another half an hour for them to cut a tray of fruit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied customerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 25/6/2014Great quality food and service, enjoyed a bit of bellydancing whilst eating away and even managed to watch a bit of the football world cup as they had a big screen up!Special Features:
- Forced to have the feast menus...KM88Dined on 25/6/2014Went to Levant with work for a leaving meal, saw that the prices of the a la carte menu were reasonable and there was supposed to be belly dancing every evening. We had to move the booking earlier to 6pm so empty when we arrived and quite warm inside (they did turn AC on later). We were a party of 9 and were told that we had to go for the feast menus which I hadn't seen written anywhere on opentable or on their website. If I had known I wouldn't have booked as without seeing the portions I knew it would be too much food so doesn't make sense to pay £35pp for such a big meal. Service was attentive and friendly, food was very tasty but just disappointed about being forced to order so much and it was such a waste to see the food being dumped.
- Middle eastern at its bestBhav710Dined on 17/6/2014First time at Levant and very impressed. The Veg options were great in terms of variety and taste. We had the Veg set meal and between the two of us we struggled to finish all the food. There are only 2 main options for veg so if there is 2 of you I would order one of each so to get variety as the portions are a good size. The staff were excellent and very attentive. They looked after us very well. Overall a pleasant experience and good food. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Easy evening diningDizzyLizDined on 14/6/2014We have just visited Levant for the third time. The first two visits were for special occasion meals and the staff have been so welcomming and accommodating (one of our group has contact allergies to tomato, orange and strawberry) that we have no hesitation in revisiting. previously we indulged in the house "Feasts" menu. This time we required a lighted evening meal after a long day visiting an exhibition. We selected from the a la carte menu and were not disappointed. Even selecting a smaller range of dishes we found that we were too tired to complete the meal NO PROBLEM the food was beautifully packaged for us to take with us and enjoy the following Day. Staff continuity means we are now "known" and greeted as friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settingrebeccaameliaDined on 14/6/2014Nice setting inside, good range of food on the menu. Watch out got random extras added to the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experience and great foodCJHafnerDined on 12/6/2014The food here is excellent - from starters to mains on the ala carte menu to a nice fixed menu as well. I find the ala carte menu a better value. The ambiance makes this a truly special place - first class style.Special Features:
- Nice ambience, good foodNishiDined on 29/5/2014The food was good and the overall ambience was fabulous. A bit expensive though, but I would like to go again for the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very unfriendly serviceDK1234567Dined on 29/5/2014Food was beautiful, but service was very unfriendly. Highly disappointing for a £400 bill diner.