Jason Court, 76 Wigmore Street
London, W1U 2SJNeighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02072241111x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12pm - 3pm; 5pm - 9pm
Friday: 12pm - 3pm; 6pm - 3am
Saturday: 12pm - 4pm; 5pm - 3am
Sunday:12pm - 2pm; 5pm - late
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Lebanese, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: David Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Levant can be also booked for private hire for any celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Kasia 02072241111x
- Entertainment: Belly dancing Monday – Thursday 20:30, Friday 20:45 & 23:30, Saturday 20:30 & 23:00, Sunday 20:30 & 23:00
Arabic Live Band on Fridays 22:30
DJ on Saturdays
A word from Levant
Welcome to the glamorous world of Middle Eastern Luxury. <br><br>Our food is all about the art of sharing. It is one of the most diverse and exciting cuisines in the world. <br>Deep colours, cushioned lounges, exotic cocktails and exquisite authentic food. Your sleeping taste bud will be seduced and aroused by spices, aromas and tastes that await you. <br>Escape to rich world of elegant and sophisticated surroundings whenever you looking for North African carnival party or more intimate moments for couples or small groups. <br>As the night draws in belly dancers hypnotize the hedonistic and get the party going. Ambient music expertly mixed by resident DJ’s creates an irresistible atmosphere enticing guests to stay into early hours. <br>Join us for unforgettable journey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Levant reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (71)group bookings (68)romance (44)good vegetarian options (35)fit for foodies (25)business meals (23)pre/post theatre (15)outstanding value (11)outdoor eating (5)sunday lunch (2)child friendly (2)brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014Nice atmosphere although the music was a little loud. Very nice food and friendly staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Levant reviewAH786Dined on 24/8/2014Food was delicious, entertainment was great but the service was lacking as we had to chase waiter/waitress for second lot of drinks, request to turn AC off as it was very cold and chase one starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 24/8/2014Have eaten at Levant before. One thing is not in dispute is the quality and taste of the food, always very good. My big gripe is with the service, being a Sunday night its understandable that the number of staff would be less than a busy Friday/Saturday however the numbers were not enough. Slow service and a slightly cramped environment made the experience less than expected. Great food but the overall experience affected by service and cramped environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surroundingsFoodieDined on 15/8/2014The food and mocktails were great! Service was fast and friendly. No complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have the feast menuMistressMasterchef1Dined on 7/8/2014This works out better value if there are 2 or more of you and you choose the feast menu. Also the Lebanese wine was a good choice too. The belly dancing is a slight distraction & more of a novelty but overall a good group night out venueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2014Thought the menu was over priced for a 5 minute floor show.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance...food is fairOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/7/2014Would not go back in the near future. Although the dancers are a great watch. Deserts are amazing!Special Features:
- Love itBrisstuketteDined on 10/7/2014We had great evening with my wife. We ordered a set menu which was more than enough. The service was great. It is a bit pricey buy you get a lot for your money. We'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth seeking outOnTheBackFootDined on 5/7/2014Huge fan of this place. Atmosphere is always fantasticand the staff are always helpful. Most important of all, the food is delicious. Would recommend to anyone - the gorgeous decor is perfect for a romantic meal or a celebration with a group - just be sure to check in advance and make sure your booking coincides with some belly-dancing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good restaurantLocalLondonerDined on 4/7/2014Yummy fresh food, good cocktails. Added bonus of belly dancers and Arabic music. Also pleased they put the word cup footy on!!!Special Features:
- greekdoctorDined on 2/7/2014We went with my girlfriend for my birthday. What can I say. Food was good, only salmon probably wasn't a good idea. The belly dancers amazing, took my breath away. The waitress was very friendly and she brought me a cake for my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Levant are back on top!GaryHDined on 28/6/2014We went back to Levant for a special occasion after a long break from going there. Having made regular trips here up until a few years ago, we then became disillusioned with the service and stopped going. Well, I'm pleased to say they seem to be back on top and we had a lovely experience. Staff were friendly, food was excellent, good entertainment & a great atmosphere. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Decadent delicious lunch!LjevansppDined on 27/6/2014Colleague's leaving lunch. Worked well and even though I know Levant more for evening, it still worked well, although it is much quieter during the day naturally. Starters are a strong point so think like Tapas and go all out there. Shish based / grilled meat mains were strong, but the Fattet (I forget the exact name) wasn't as enjoyed by 2 of my guests as all of the other dishes, which were outstanding. A lovely indulgent lunch befitting a celebration for a job well done before a well liked colleague is moving on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/6/2014The food was adequate. The service was bad. Definitely not good value for money. In a city like London, full of extremely good places to eat, this is definitely not a place to return!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/6/2014The service was a complete disaster. 45 mins waiting for the starter an hour waiting for the mains and another half an hour for them to cut a tray of fruit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied customerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 25/6/2014Great quality food and service, enjoyed a bit of bellydancing whilst eating away and even managed to watch a bit of the football world cup as they had a big screen up!Special Features:
- Forced to have the feast menus...KM88Dined on 25/6/2014Went to Levant with work for a leaving meal, saw that the prices of the a la carte menu were reasonable and there was supposed to be belly dancing every evening. We had to move the booking earlier to 6pm so empty when we arrived and quite warm inside (they did turn AC on later). We were a party of 9 and were told that we had to go for the feast menus which I hadn't seen written anywhere on opentable or on their website. If I had known I wouldn't have booked as without seeing the portions I knew it would be too much food so doesn't make sense to pay £35pp for such a big meal. Service was attentive and friendly, food was very tasty but just disappointed about being forced to order so much and it was such a waste to see the food being dumped.
- Middle eastern at its bestBhav710Dined on 17/6/2014First time at Levant and very impressed. The Veg options were great in terms of variety and taste. We had the Veg set meal and between the two of us we struggled to finish all the food. There are only 2 main options for veg so if there is 2 of you I would order one of each so to get variety as the portions are a good size. The staff were excellent and very attentive. They looked after us very well. Overall a pleasant experience and good food. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Easy evening diningDizzyLizDined on 14/6/2014We have just visited Levant for the third time. The first two visits were for special occasion meals and the staff have been so welcomming and accommodating (one of our group has contact allergies to tomato, orange and strawberry) that we have no hesitation in revisiting. previously we indulged in the house "Feasts" menu. This time we required a lighted evening meal after a long day visiting an exhibition. We selected from the a la carte menu and were not disappointed. Even selecting a smaller range of dishes we found that we were too tired to complete the meal NO PROBLEM the food was beautifully packaged for us to take with us and enjoy the following Day. Staff continuity means we are now "known" and greeted as friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settingrebeccaameliaDined on 14/6/2014Nice setting inside, good range of food on the menu. Watch out got random extras added to the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experience and great foodCJHafnerDined on 12/6/2014The food here is excellent - from starters to mains on the ala carte menu to a nice fixed menu as well. I find the ala carte menu a better value. The ambiance makes this a truly special place - first class style.Special Features:
- Nice ambience, good foodNishiDined on 29/5/2014The food was good and the overall ambience was fabulous. A bit expensive though, but I would like to go again for the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very unfriendly serviceDK1234567Dined on 29/5/2014Food was beautiful, but service was very unfriendly. Highly disappointing for a £400 bill diner.
- Enjoyable eveningJOJODined on 27/5/2014Visited Levant mid-week. Nice place with an authentic feel. Set menus only available on the table which were quite expensive and alot of food. Asked for A La Carte menu which was much better. Food was very good. A little expensive but what you would expect to pay in W1. Belly Dancers came on at 8.30pm.. they were good fun and livened up the atmosphere, however they went on 5mins too long... Other than that... a nice place and can recommend it.Special Features:
- Belly dancing is fun-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/5/2014We went to Levant for my husband's birthday.. I had remembered going there 10 yrs ago for a friend's birthday, and the belly dancing show was fun.. last time I was there, it was fairly darkly lit and there was a nice candle and low light atmosphere.. this time- the glaring overhead lights were left on all evening- leaving no room for ambience at all, the belly dancing was fun (nightly at 8:30) but one of the dancers was not so eager to be there.. also the food was only OK- but people go there for the show, not so much the food. I would have given this restaurant a much higher rating if they could turn the glare down a bit and give some atmosphere..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nikiDined on 22/5/2014the restuarant caters to your every need. the food is full of flavour and the portions are very genourous. the resturant is nicely decorated and the nightly belly dancers make a special occasion even more memorable.Special Features:
- Allergies no problem!DizzyLizDined on 12/5/2014This was a return visit & was even betterthan befrore ~ one of our party has allergies to tomato, orange and strawberry and dining out can be a nightmare ~ NOT AT LEVANT! On booking you are asked for any comments and the allergies were mentioned, our needs were acknowledgedon arrival and at table everything was discretely checked . When it came to the dessert platter the waitress suddenly reappeared, advised us that the team had realised that the fruit may have been sprayed with orange blossom water to retain its freshness and that they were not sure of some of the petite fours so they would prefer to offer an alternative ~ a beautitful frozen yoghurt and spicy ginger icecream ~ delightful. Dining with them again in about six weeks time!
- Great food, great staff!Review4UDined on 3/5/2014The food at Levant was lovely, everything we had from start to finish tasted great! The service was also excellent, the staff were very attentive and made sure you always had what you needed without being overbearing. The atmosphere felt nice, good music, nice vibes. There was a belly dance performance from about 6 ladies later on in the evening which was entertaining. The only thing I would say is that there are more then a few seedy men there just to gawp at the dancers! It's certainly not somewhere I would take my children (it may well be the evening crowd, so worth checking out in the day if you're planning to take your kids!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmospheretashkVIPDined on 24/4/2014This restaurant was booked for a surprise birthday dinner and it was great. Ambience was lovely, service was good also and the food was good. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurantMarkDined on 21/4/2014Visit once a month - great place to eat for all the familySpecial Features:
- Good but could be priceyLoisPR11Dined on 10/4/2014Lovely restaurant, very romantic and belly dancer come out at 8.30pm. Food was yummy, had the shrimp and the mixed grill and shared it all Used a taste card so it was cheaper but can imagine it to work out very priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good evening, food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was very good, we visited on a Thursday night and the restaurant was quarter occupied with customers. The staff didn't really know or explain how the Taste London card works but I eventually got clarification which was good. The food was really good and could not fault it, the service could have been much better one of the main dishes was forgotten so one of my guest had to wait 15 min for her food whilst they made it which meant our food getting cold. We had a couple of bottles of wine which I'd preferred if they had left it on the table because they leave it in one ice bucket and staff top up your glass when it goes low, this didn't always work as I had to ask for a top up. Apart from this I could not fault anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDijonDined on 29/3/2014Amazing as always, great food, and great atmosphere love this restaurant everytime I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a group, not couples.batterseadinerDined on 28/3/2014over a hundred pounds for two! lots of low price mezze, but small mains in our "banquet" the fish was overcooked and ordinary. They have four belly dancers at 8.30. very noisy. Good for a group, not individuals.Special Features:
- PTDinerPTDined on 21/3/2014Third time around, still as good as it was first time. Tried seafood selection, great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went there for my birthdayCurlylocksDined on 6/3/2014I went there for my birthday last week with some friends and we chose the meat feast and veggie feast set menus. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it! The decor and ambience of the restaurant was great and there was belly-dancing for entertainment. I'd definitely return and recommend it for group bookings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulBernieDined on 6/3/2014We arrived at the restaurant fairly early (7pm) & was met by a manager telling 3 waitresses off. Tried to order drinks & the waitresses were more interested in having a conversation with each other. Once we got to the table, the service got even worse! Drinks took too long to arrive at the table, or the waitress had to be reminded of our order. The food took far too long to arrive. 1 of our group was a vegetarian & the option served to him was terrible - he left it untouched on the plate & the waitress failed to check with him why he had not eaten. 1 of the group had to leave before the desert course was served, as a result of the delay serving the main course. Then I was called the next morning to say they had undercharged us & wanted £10
- Excellent food & serviceFoodpornDined on 1/3/2014I enjoyed every bit of my experience at Levant from the beautiful venue to the amazing food and service we received. I would most certainly come back here again...a great place to celebrate a special occassion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and authenticDisappointedDinerDined on 27/2/2014I'm a massive fan of Lebanese cuisine. Have tried numerous middle eastern restaurants all over London. This is by far the best I have been to. Amazing ambiance, atmosphere and food was delicious. Finished meal with some traditional mint tea and got a 4 tier stand of delicious baklava and Turkish delight!! Finished a delicious meal off perfectly. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great atmosphereEFJCDined on 25/2/2014The food was really good and the atmosphere was fun. We weren't in a hurry so the fact the service was totally inattentive didn't really matter but I can see it might be annoying. Be aware of a charity donation and cover charge added to the bill. Belly dancers were fun but went on a bit!Special Features: