Levante Pide Restaurant
187 Lewisham High Street
London, SE13 6AANeighbourhood:
TurkishPrice: £25 and under
Levante Pide Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.levanterestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02082976266
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM (midnight)
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Ali Bora
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer cater for parties all types to suit the customers needs and private and semi private dining.
A word from Levante Pide Restaurant
Charcoal grilled Kebabs and oven dishes: Seafood hot and cold, starters, Turkish Pizzas, Pides. Daily hot meals. Tasty food is not the only reason to try Turkish Kitchen. If you feel like eating out we would welcome you in our authentically decorated restaurant where you can try all our delicious dishes in a cosy atmosphere. We also offer cater for parties all types to suit the customers needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Levante Pide Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since 25 October 2013
outstanding value (6)special occasions (5)group bookings (4)fit for foodies (3)romance (3)child friendly (3)sunday lunch (2)good vegetarian options (2)pre/post theatre (1)business meals (1)outdoor eating (1)Show More
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/10/2014The food was fantastic. The service too was prompt. The missus wanted a cold meze hot , and the chef obliged. Will definitely go back thereI would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastictorisaidDined on 31/7/2014We had my husbands birthday with 10 guests. Some guests had reservations about the food but it was enjoyed by even those that were unsure. We were made to feel welcome. The price was fantastic and food amazing. A good time was had by all. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantHeatherDined on 26/7/2014Delicious grills and mezes. We had the special menu which was great. Family friendly and informal. Pleasure to visit.Special Features:
- Excellent Value and ChoicemartinfDined on 7/6/2014Very friendly restaurant with an extensive range of varied food. Staff are extremely welcoming and friendly. However, they are under pressure so things can slip a bit at times. Extremely good value for money and very authentic food judging by the number of Turkish people who frequent the restaurant.Special Features:
- Often go to this restaurantAP75Dined on 14/2/2014Often go to this restaurant and the quality of food is always value for money plus and the team is very efficient and professional and we are always well looked after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and welcoming cafe stylejimwhippetDined on 28/10/2013Warm and welcoming cafe style restaurant. Good wholesome Turkish food. Good service, and easy to find on high street. I would go again as would my teenagers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I went to Levantefoodie57Dined on 25/10/2013My friend and I went to Levante Pide Restaurant for the first time. The food and service were very good. We had an early evening booking but it soon became very busy. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Levante Pide Restaurant reviews archive.
- Best kebab outside Turkey!borntoshop2511Dined on 12/7/2013Having just been on holiday in Turkey I was looking forward to sampling the food again. And I was not disappointed! I had a delicious lamb kebab with bulgar wheat and salad while my dining friend had the turkish county lamb stew. We started with the tabbouleh salad which was really tasty and the borek with spinach and cheese. Really lovely food with attentive service - will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Here we are again!LovingLondonLifeDined on 26/6/2013We had an early dinner so it was really quiet which was fine with us.The service was mediocre which was a bit disappointing.Lovely food once again from a family favourite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Turkish DelightLovingLondonLifeDined on 17/6/2013- I have been to this place so many times I've given up counting - yes it's that's good! -Tasty, flavoursome, authentic Turkish cuisine and all at a great price. - Food favourites: Houmous, Coban Salad, Grilled Halloumi, Cigari Borek, Falafel, Pide, Tavuk Shish, Apple Tea & Cherry Juice. -This is a great place for both vegetarians and meat lovers. - Always a lovely dining experience for families, large groups or just for two in the heart of Lewisham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service very friendly, helpful,AnnieDined on 8/6/2013Service very friendly, helpful, efficient. Dining here was a happy experience to celebrate a birthday.wer loved the food & had a wonderful time.well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LevanteSugarVIPDined on 6/6/2013I Love the food at this place and the staff are very friendly. The tastiest turkish food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service a little slowNigelBDined on 25/3/2013The last time I went was at lunchtime and the service was sharp. However, the last time we went there was a group of us and it took quite a long time for the food to arrive. It was a Monday and there was only one chef, so I guess that is why. Nevertheless the quality of the food was excellent. Overall, I would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageomnomnomDined on 10/2/2013I went here after it was recommended by two fellow foodies, one of them a food journalist. But I was very disappointed. They obviously don't have high standards or just don't know this cuisine well. The popular chain of Turkish restaurants found all over London seems positively gourmet compared to here. The food was just very average and a lot of it was bland. I could taste the cheap ingredients. Hummous is apparently "the best in town" but did not taste fresh at all; I've had better out of tubs in supermarkets. Nothing was bad but nothing was great either. Service, however, was very good.Special Features:
- Levante PideRubyRuDined on 13/6/2012Good value Turkish food in Lewisham. Good for casual meet up with friends and lunching on a whim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedsusieDined on 5/6/2012I had a traditional lamb dish cooked with peppers , onions & tomatoes but it was very oily and basically just a few ingredients thrown into a dish. My son had kebab which he enjoyed. The service was good just enough attention & the atmosphere pleasant. It would be good for a gang of friends but not a romantic gastromic meal for 2!Special Features:
- I have been to the Levantefood4thoughtDined on 1/5/2012I have been to the Levante Reastaurant in Lewisham on a few occasions but only just discovered that it features on TT. This restaurant offers good food at very reasonable prices in a spacious environment. Very friendly staff too. A definite plus for Lewisham and recommended if you are in the area.
- Love this place a neighbourhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 16/3/2012Love this place a neighbourhood gem. Food is authentically fantastic with a real charcoal grill, true taste of the middle east. Menu is for everyone and every budget and the staff and boss are very friendly and accommodating. Food is fresh, place is clean, best eat in lewisham.
- My new favourite restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012I went to Levante Pide for the first time recently and was instantly hooked! I always associated Turkish food with those delicious but extremely unhealthy late night kebabs I enjoyed in my youth, but that was just my ignorance, the food at Levante is very healthy and wholesome. We went for a second time on Saturday night and it was every bit as good as the first. Friendly service, pleasant atmosphere, great for lunch or dinner. My girlfriend and I like fairly light food that you can pick at, so we tend to go for mezze and lahmacuns, but the grills and pides look perfect for those with an appetite. The two of us had plenty to eat plus wine, amaretto and coffee, it cost us just £40! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Really lovely food and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 17/2/2012Really lovely food and great atmosphere. We weren't rushed or made to feel we had to leave. Food was served quickly, had lots of choice (vegetarian, meat and fish) and we got free Turkish tea! Lovely staff in both Levantes, highly recommend.
- Lovely food as always andFrances1970Dined on 3/2/2012Lovely food as always and great service from Moussa.Special Features:
- Lovely food and staff. HaveFrances1970Dined on 10/7/2011Lovely food and staff. Have returned 3 times in 2 weeks. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Great food and great service.Frances1970Dined on 8/7/2011Great food and great service. I went for the first time 2 weeks ago and have been back 3 times since. Loads of choice including for vegetarians and vegans. Highly recommended.Special Features: