32 The Pavement
London, SW4 0JENeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lilysclapham.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076278347
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Saturday 12:00pm - 17:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm - 16:00pm
Afternoon tea: Saturday 12:00pm - 17:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 17:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, British, Steak
- Executive Chef: Chris Sutherland
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have gone in search of the freshest, finest products from land and sea and created a menu that truly worships them. Don’t expect us to ever change because the finer things in life never do.
We have everything from fresh Richard Hayward West Mersea Rock Oysters to Orkney Island Gold Chateaubriand. Please contact us to discuss your ultimate menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private area seats 16. We can also cater for larger private groups of 35-50
- Private Party Contact: Ivan Salavera 02076278347
A word from Lily’s
Lily's takes its inspiration from the peculiarly charged atmosphere of the 1920's. We have gone in search of the finest products from land and sea and created a menu that truly worships them. Don’t expect us to ever change because the finer things in life never do. <br /><br />As an alternative to dining in our intimate restaurant, why not enjoy our bar menu and enjoy a few cocktails on our garden terrace overlooking Clapham Common. <br />Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lily’s reviews from OpenTable diners
- Slow, dark and tastelessjlteDined on 2/3/2013The restaurant was only half full, so no excuse could be made for poor service. Everything we ordered was late, from the first drink (which had to be reordered after waiting 30mins), the first course took 50mins and main course a further 30mins. The food was no better than supermarket fare when it finally arrived. The room is lit by tealights and candles, so is quite dark. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody but if you need somewhere to go for a whole evening, are not particularly bothered about the quality of food and being able to see it, this could be the place for you.
- Highly RecommendEmjilyDined on 20/2/2013Everything about this resteraunt was brilliant. The service was great, the food gorgeous. I have already recommended to friends and family and will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portions and decent menuFoody1Dined on 16/2/2013Lots of choice on the menu with some interesting dishes as well. Very generous portions and service was friendly. Bit strange having to walk through a very busy and noisy bar downstairs on a Saturday night to get to the restaurant itself upstairs but once there you couldn't hear the noise of the bar below. Easy choice for a last minute dinner on a normally busy evening in Clapham and we were happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to Find & Compact & Bijou!discocopDined on 16/2/2013TopTable fail to mention that Lilys is inside The Frog pub & therefore really hard to find if you don't know this! It has an amazing outdoor terrace & a lovely bar, so will be great in the summer for drinks. The restaurant was small, darkly lit and romantic looking. Quite empty for a Saturday night. Our waiter was very attentive but took ages to place anything on the table. He was probably fumbling out of nervousness & I suspect he was new. The menu didn't really have anything tantalising on it & it was quite pricey considering. I did see what looked like great burgers, but it seemed odd to me to be in a posh intimate restaurant, drinking nice wine & eating a burger. It just didn't fit. May be the restaurant is still finding its feet...Special Features:
- Lighting was the only issue.GarethMcCDined on 16/2/2013Not much to say other than the restaurant was hidden away upstairs from the Frog in Clapham. The side door was closed (maybe because of the season) which meant we had to trek through the pub. Once we got upstairs however the place was romantic, laid out perfectly and the waiters jumped to give us a choice of table. Not a complaint to be had other than the lights were too dark in the restaurant! Luckily my eyesight is so good that I was able to differentiate between the food and my fingers. Would definitely come again!Special Features:
- Unfortunately we were theJBstDined on 12/2/2013Unfortunately we were the only diners in a very dark dining room. Service was good, food was a bit average.
- Lily's is a lovely simpleHPHSDined on 25/1/2013Lily's is a lovely simple restaurant in Clapham. It is never that busy, which makes it quite rlaxed but also means it lack ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueRakeDined on 12/1/2013I came here to catch up with a friend over dinner. I had a deal for two courses. It was really good value and I thought the the service was very attentive. It's a restaurant above a pub in Clapham old town so don't expect a michelin star decor. It was however worth the money for a night out in Clapham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place - dined on theLucyluluDined on 9/1/2013Lovely place - dined on the £15 menu and was good value for moneySpecial Features:
- Fantastic experiencerorz100Dined on 8/1/2013Having just returned from holiday, eating vastly different cuisine to that which I was craving (red meat!), I was naturally ready to be slightly disappointed with my first dining experience back in London. As a real foodie, you can sometimes be slightly let down by others' recommendations, but sometimes you find real gems. Lily's is definitely one of those. Go there, eat well for good value and and I'll be surprised if your experience is anything other than great if not fantastic.Special Features:
- Great little find!TomGeeDined on 8/1/2013We really enjoyed our meal at Lily's. The place should be busier than it was given the excellent service and food. The 3 course menu for £20 is great value too. We'll certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The upstairs with a viewGwenDined on 5/1/2013I went to the Frogg before but never realised, above was hidding Lily's seafood, a great restaurant with outdoor space in sunny days overlooking the Park and a nice warm room for chilly evenings. The Service was brilliant, the 50% off the special menu was a great offer and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic valueChrisDined on 31/12/2012Had dinner in Lily's on New Years eve. Food was great, as were the cocktails and wine. Very reasonably priced. Definitely going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most incompetent restaurant ever?AMohiDined on 29/12/2012Phoned to make reservations on New Year's Eve several days beforehand when I was told I would be contacted by the manager to arrange a booking - this never materialised. After waiting a couple of days, I decided to book online and received confirmation via email. After calling the restaurant on NYE to confirm my booking with them for later that night I was told the booking had been cancelled, a) because I had called to cancel it? (I didn't) and b) I did not confirm the email. Why would I have to confirm a confirmation email? Quite happy I did not visit this restaurant as if they are too shambolic to even arrange a reservation, imagine what the food would have been like! Cannot rate the value, food quality or ambience as a result.Special Features:
- has potential but lacks ambienceorangeDined on 14/12/2012Nice decor, reasonable food, reasonably priced but the place lacks atmosphere. We went there on a Friday evening expecting it to be busy but it was very quiet! Has potential to be a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely alternative afternoon teaJoanneDined on 25/11/2012Had afternoon tea here last Sunday and made a lovely change. The seafood afternoon tea makes a lovely change from sandwiches and cakes (though these come too).Special Features:
- Below par at Lily'sBrixtonBelleDined on 15/11/2012On a 50% deal the food did look a pretty reasonable price but with wine difficult to find under £25 it still came to £60 for 2 courses which isn't a deal really. The decor is lovely & when it is full I suspect the atmosphere matches but those prices meant there were only 3 other customers on our visit & yet still we felt we were waiting to put in various orders. The starters were lovely but the mains were decidedly average a shin of beef bolognaise appeared to be far too much pasta and very little what looked & tasted more like corned beef! The gnocci was heavy and greasy a shame that it didn't match the delicious pumpkin soup served with hints of liquorice served with goats cheese & balsamic onions. Lower prices or better food needed.
- DisappointedbeckieDined on 15/11/2012I have dined at Lilys before in the summer and the food was great, went last week and have to say that the food was very disappointing, the pea puree was a huge pile of mushy peas and the celeriac puree was again a massive pile of mash....very dry and also rather tasteless - maybe it was a one off hopefully....
- I wouldnt go without the meal dealLoubieDined on 11/11/2012I'd heard amazing reviews about Lily's. My first impression was very good - it's a small restaurant which allows for an intimate dinner with family or partners. I thought the food was good but the service let it down. The waiter seemed to turn his nose up at us when we ordered off the set menu and when we didnt want coffees etc. It would put me off going back and paying full price.Special Features:
- Birthday mealOliver1978Dined on 9/11/2012Booked the table based on the menu and reviews from top table. Overall very nice evening, good food, nice menu, knowledgable waiter, good value. Love the décor, would recommend and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant staff initiallyabcdDined on 9/11/2012The restaurant staff initially told us that we'd arrive too late to get the 50% offer that we'd secured via our top table booking. However, only after pleading our case, they agreed to give us the offer but only if we ordered immediately. It was bit rushed but a nice meal in the end.Special Features:
- Great food,value & serviceDLHNDined on 9/11/2012We dined here before going to the cinema. Food and service excellent, cocktails a bit on the sweet side could do with more alcohol less sugar! On the whole, top rated and will visit again. Not sure I would want to pay full price ( we had 50% off on food offer). Difficult to locate but easy for those in the know( above the Frog pub), access via the pub or seperate fire door entrance , ring the bell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemAdamPDined on 3/11/2012Lily's is tucked away behind the Frog pub in Clapham Old town, this is the only reason I can imagine as to why it was a little quiet on a Saturday night. The food was excellent and the service was attentive. We dined at 6.30 in order to take advantage of the toptable deal, however the deal menu is a little restrictive and there weren't any 'grill' options, but we had excellent fish and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The wine options were simple but perfectly complimented the menu. I would recommend Lily's without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A colleague recommended Lily'sPeter55Dined on 2/11/2012A colleague recommended Lily's as a dinner venue close to Clapham Picturehouse. We were very pleased with the outstanding personal service, with staff paying attention to every detail. The atmosphere was relaxed, in a small but stylish setting. Food was excellent, and served in an original manner. Definitely a place I would recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place. friendly waiterjamescDined on 2/11/2012nice place. friendly waiter who was happy to help. allowed us to still choose from the 50% off menu even though we were very late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed when we visited.2dinersDined on 31/10/2012Very impressed when we visited. Gorgeous interior, outstanding food. A little pricey but well worth it!Special Features:
- Great food and service butKatieBVIPDined on 30/10/2012Great food and service but ambience was lacking a little but a bit quiet. It was a Tuesday night so can be excused and once word spreads I expect this place to get much busier and the ambience to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lil'y Seafood Grill and barALocalDined on 23/10/2012We go there quite alot and love it. Tucked away up some stairs over The Frog (pub). Delightful service, quiet, lovely food- small menu but all good (esp fish). Pretty reasonable prices for food and wine. Busier in Summer when the roof terrace (overlooking Clapham Common). Recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chose this venie for the 50%dinerDined on 20/10/2012Chose this venie for the 50% off menu valid on a Saturday. The menu offered a good choice and we were very happy with our starters of scallops with pea puree and carpaccio of beef. We both had samon main which was delicious. A big plus for decent size portions of vegetables. Can't comment on the puddings but the cheeseboard was generous with lovely crisp crackers. If I had to find a moan, the brie was a little under-ripe! We were even provided with entertainment by another table complaining loudly in what we thought was a very unreasonable manner for what sounded spurious reasons. Top marks to the staff for handling it so graciousy and continuiing to serve with a smile! Would definitely go again using a special offerI would recommend this to a friend.
- The hidden restaurant of Clapham...MariaDined on 19/10/2012When we entered from the main street, the first thing we saw was the pub downstairs (we even thought that was our restaurant!) but then a waitress showed us the way to the restaurant (upstairs). Tables are very private, it was quiet but all the tables were full after a while. Food was extra, especially the hake. Nice selection of wines as well. Overall, a place to have a romantic dinner or dinner with friends that you haven't seen in a long time. A pleasure for the mind and the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little findJoanneDined on 17/10/2012This is the 4th time I have been here and am always impressed. A small venue but service always excellent and before 7pm is a 50% deal on food.Special Features:
- Reasonable.....ArshavinDined on 16/10/2012Attended on a Tuesday night and had the 50% menu. We appeared to be 1 of only 2 couples who dined that night so ambience was a little lacking, however, its decent value for money though I'd almost certainly come away feeling a little disappointed had I paid the full price though the scallops starter was great, if a little on the small side. Service was fantastic, the waiter was attentive and not at all intrusive which could easily have been a problem given that there were only 2 tables to serve. All in all, a pretty decent restaurant for a midweek dinner at £30 a head with wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectJoy2EatDined on 15/10/2012Lily's was a fabulous restaurant with a very attentive manager and the food was excellent. Beautifully presented dishes. Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this excellent value supper. The scallops and hake were delightful.Special Features:
- Fantastic!MaxCDined on 13/10/2012I'd never heard of Lily's before finding it on toptable, but this is one of Clapham's hidden gems. You wouldn't find it if you weren't looking for it, but I'd definitely recommend you seek it out, especially if you have a special occasion coming up. Great food, and excellent service.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedFoodie1977Dined on 8/10/2012Great food, very attentive and friendly service combined with the 50% off offer make this a must go to for anyone in the area. We went on a Monday night so it was was not rammed but the atmosphere was just right. We had a nice chat with the waiter who guided us through the menu and when the food arrived it was excellent. Starters - Scallops and Salmon gravalax were both delicious Mains - Hake and also the slow cooked beef shin had great taste and ample portions. We didn't manage a dessert but had another glass of the lovely merlot. As above, go, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to Clapham,MixxerDined on 26/9/2012Good addition to Clapham, but long wait for food and fish platter was poor - lacked seasoning and flavour. Starters were good though and staff were attentive.
- Romantic but slowtchichDined on 25/9/2012Myself and a friend went for the 50% off evening meal, a lovely venue with delicious food but very romantic - we felt slightly out of place with all of the couples around! Service was quite slow but the waiters are very friendly and helpful. Delicious food, the 50% off menu is fantastic value.Special Features:
- Lunch on the terracem92claphamDined on 15/9/2012The terrace is absolutely outstanding and really nice from 2.30-3pm (I went on the 15th and only half of the terrace was sunny when I arrived arounnd 2pm, but went completely sunny from 3pm). Seafood and fish is really good (recommend the mix fish platter). The only really bad point was the desert : we took the roast bananas and blueberry cheese cake, and it is definitely not a cheese cake as I know them (it's a pudding without flavour and no roast bananas). The service is good, and really nice staff.Special Features:
- New clapham favourite!AndrewDined on 14/9/2012LOVED Lilly's! Fish was cooked superbly, love the atmosphere/decor and the guys are simply brilliant. Feels like a best kept secret as it's above the frog, but truly superb night out. All the staff are incredible, makes it feel like a family run experience and a lot of fun. My new favourite restaurant in clapham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodwillDined on 12/9/2012Ate there for the first time last week... it was a bit drafty which was a shame and it was quite quiet... that said, the food was excellent, topped off with an extremely food fillet steak. I would definitely recommend this place, esepcially if they are doing any discounts. ThanksSpecial Features: