36-40 Rupert Street
London, W1D 6DWNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.littlesicilylondon.com/
- Phone: 02072878989
- Hours of Operation:
Open for lunch and dinner:
Monday – Saturday: 12:00pm – 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm – 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Rizzuto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Depending on your needs, everything from our private dining rooms, our cocktail and champagne bars to our entire restaurant are available for private hire, all at very competitive prices.
- Private Party Contact: Hashim 02072878989
A word from Little Sicily
Little Sicily is a traditional style Italian restaurant specialising in home-made Italian/Sicilian cuisine brought to the UK by Angelo Rizzuto. Whilst the food is of a high standard it is affordable as well as being delicious. The restaurant holds up to 250 covers and includes a function room catering for private functions up to 30 people.The restaurant includes a wine bar offering Italian, Sicilian and other wines, champagne and liquors plus on-draught lager and beer.You are offered a warm welcome by the experienced Restaurant Manager, Rezi and his staff, who will be happy to cater for customer needs and requirements. The restaurant includes wheelchair access.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Little Sicily reviews from OpenTable diners
- Toptable incompetenceEastEndBoyDined on 5/8/2013Received confirmation of booking at Little Sicily, Soho, from Toptable and a reminder a couple of days before the date booked. All well and good. However, got to the restaurant to find it had been shut down for some time. A totally wasted evening and will not be using Toptable again.
- Great location when out andF00DIEDined on 29/7/2013Great location when out and about in town. The food is tasty and portion sizes ok, though for a hungry person to feel full, 3 courses are needed. I loved the seafood dishes and the tiramisu. I have dined here a couple of times with vouchers (Groupon) or other promotions, which were great value, but I would not dine here otherwise, since the food seems very overpriced on the menu for what it is. The way the restaurant is set out is not suitable for private conversations, since table are very close together and the waiters showed us to tables near other diners despite there being more empty areas around the place. It was also quite chilly, so I do recommend to bring a cardigan to wear.
- Sunday LunchNoelDined on 28/7/2013I went back to Little Sicily on Sunday with 3 relatives. Everything was fine but as we were on a schedule, I did not check my bill properly and paid. It was only when I got home I noticed that they had not honoured the 50% discount that I had booked. I accept it was my responsiblity to check the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with discount pizza wasaybeDined on 26/7/2013Went with discount pizza was so so but restaurant was nice and calamari was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to this restaurantTonywDined on 26/7/2013We went to this restaurant a couple of years ago. We had a very good meal and a totally good experience. We looked forward to eating there again. The meal was not very good and was luke warm. Some of the order was missing. We decided to have a special coffee, only to be told they had no Tia Maria or Brandy, on a Friday night. When I told the man, who appeared to be in charge that I wasn't going to pay the 12.5% service charge, he didn't seem very happy. We always leave at least 10%, but felt that they didn't deserve it. The man in charge totally ignored us on our way out of the restaurant.
- HeatwaveBethybootsDined on 26/7/2013Had a very enjoyable time at Little Sicily in Rupert Street. Friendly service, good food and the birthday gift of a free bottle of Presecco. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good as usual,NoelDined on 24/7/2013Food was very good as usual, the staff were a bit harassed, obviously over worked but did the best they could. Many thanks for a nice experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- afternoon mealnbkkDined on 21/7/2013great location; quick service, tastful meal and wine... the pizza selection wasn't to big though -just few options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averagelaurasplogDined on 21/7/2013Without the special offer, the prices at this restaurant were ridiculous. Food was only just OK, and pasta especially came in very small portions. Burger was small and the "spicy salami" topping (at £2 extra) was one thin slice of tasteless salami. No drinks menu - just house wine and beer. We didn't take dessert - at £6.95 per portion, prices were more suited to a Michelin starred restaurant.
- Impersonal and not greatLinzBDined on 20/7/2013We dined on the special £29.00 menu on Saturday evening. The restaurant is quite large and was very busy. The person welcoming you was very nice and the waitresses were OK but they simply had too many tables to deal with and this left you feeling that it was a bit like a factory line. There was no personal service at all. The food was also very mediocre. In fact my Chicken escalope was dripping in oil and not very appealing and the taste wasn't great either. I wouldn't go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed :-(MyReviewDined on 20/7/2013Disappointed with our recent first visit to this restaurant.. No ambience to the restaurant. Seated near pillar which had dirty splatter marks, clearly visible. Food was average and not what we expected and service was lack luster. Plenty of choice elsewhere, we shall not be returning.
- Bad service but prima foodEDnl3Dined on 18/7/2013We got helped by a woman who constantly apoligized Herself for waiting. She forgot to bring us our chips, and when we asked for it we could see that it annoys her. Food was nice, but the service was very bad and we had to pay a service charge of 5 pounds on a bill of 15 pounds, and that's crazy ofcourse. We payed and we leave little sicily As fast As we could.
- Little SicilyMollyDined on 13/7/2013Great food Big portions Fast service Reasonable price for London Good atmosphere though maybe not for a romantic mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experianceBLueboyDined on 12/7/2013Very overpriced. Food basic, not inspiring.Service ok.Ambience non existant Will not be returning.
- Food very basic. Excellent service!AnastasiosDined on 11/7/2013Despite the fact that the offer was very tempting the quality of the food was not satisfactory, with the desserts to be an exception. If it was the wine with the offer i would not have gone to the place. The service though was very professional and sufficient. The staff really kind, friendly and well trained.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service - left restaurantTerribleDined on 11/7/2013I went to Little Sicily with my father at 6.15pm for a pre-theatre dinner (booked two weeks in advance). Upon arrival to the restaurant we had to wait ten mins to be seated. 25mins later we still hadnt been offered a drink or even acknowledged by any waiting staff. I waited a further five minutes and then got up and walked out. The funniest thing was, not one person noticed us leave the restaurant. Very poor customer service. We went next door to a traditional Italian restaurant. Luckily we had enough time to finish our meal before the show started. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone that has any time restraints.Special Features:
- Good TimeHolidayrep64Dined on 10/7/2013We arrived early for out 6.00 pm booking and was seated straight away, the food was very good as was the service. As for value for money this was exceptional with the offer we had. Have already booked to go back again.Special Features:
- Free Wine, Bad Food and Service.HonestDined on 9/7/2013Table booked for 19.15. 15 mins before we had to call someone over to take our order. Bruschetta was cold and chewy like it had been sat there for awhile. Gamberoni picante 5 prawns warm and a sauce that looked like it had just come out of a tin of peeled tomatoes. At least we have a free bottle wine to keep us going. Mains arrived within minutes of starters being cleared so I thought it was getting better but the Gnocchi with arrabiatta sauce same as the prawn starter, no flavour and tasted as if the tin of peeled tomatoes had just been added. Sea bass linguine warm with very little fish and no flavour. If I wanted a plate of boiled pasta I would have made it at home. Only upside was the 50% off food and the free bottle of wine.
- Very disappointingluv2eatDined on 9/7/2013I had high hopes for Little Sicily, as it's in a very handy location and the offer I'd paid for in advance (£25 for 3 courses and wine for two) seemed excellent value. But despite telling them that we were going to the theatre, the service was very slow and very unfriendly - we were made to feel it was rather inconvenient to them that we were there at all. And that applied not just to our own waitress but to the other two from whom we desperately tried to get some service. The food - which came very quickly once we'd finally attracted their attention, so was probably reheated - was mediocre. We did not have time for our third course. Needless to say I will not be returning.
- we went there for SaturdayKDSADined on 6/7/2013we went there for Saturday dinner.Since last November (2012) the menu has been changed and the quality of food went down the hill. We have ordered bruschetta and calamari to start with,grilled pork and creamy chicken for main. Food arrived very fast and it seamed that it has been prepared way in advance. I needed to send my bruschetta back as it was all soaked and soggy. calamari was very average , something you would expect in a festival. Main was not better, pork was dry and chicken was floating in cream. When we asked for cocktail menu we were advised that they do not do cocktails as they do not have ingredients. Very disappointing and we are definitely not coming back. Ended up spending £65 even with taste card.
- Nom NomBATTDined on 6/7/2013The burgers here are absolutley delicious, we went Saturday afternoon for a quick lunch, the place was quiet which suited us perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night at Little ScicilygazzerDined on 5/7/2013Despite poor reviews on trip Adviser everything was fine , no wait to be seated,very efficient seating system where they ask for details of any vouchers before seating and input into seating computer ( we used the free restaurant membership voucher - free wine and 50% off ) . Nice premises , wine fine , food good , i had burger and doubled up on meat - surprisingly nice,,All in all a great experience for a West End meal for 2 strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Little SicilyeattoliveVIPDined on 2/7/2013Two of us ate a pre-theatre dinner at Little Sicily on 2 July. It was my companion's first visit but I don't think it will be her last! My gnocchi and her pasta were both delicious, as were the desserts (profiteroles and tiramisu). Portions are sufficient though not huge. The only minor issue was that there did not seem to be a mixed or green salad on offer, and we would both have liked one. Otherwise everything was fine. Service was very prompt and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and a good meal,Sally50Dined on 25/6/2013Good service and a good meal, all completed by the time I had to go to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant had lovelyfoodieDined on 25/6/2013The restaurant had lovely ambience. We got a free bottle of wine and 50 per cent off food bill,as a result of joining Club Palermo,but when our bill came,it made a mistake on the calculations which resulted in less than 50 per cent off the food bill,and there was 8 pounds service charge,which was optional,but it was still on the bill. When we questioned the mistake made on the food bill,the manager was not happy. I'm not sure i'd go again,it seemed like there were hidden costs there at the end,and the menu prices were expensive for what we got.Special Features:
- So overpricedJoeRDined on 20/6/2013The restaurant was nice and the service really good but the food was really poor and if we didn't have a voucher I would have been so so overpriced
- Good meal. Disappointed theresaphtaVIPDined on 20/6/2013Good meal. Disappointed there is no longer a wine list, only the choice between 1 red, 1 white and one Rose.Special Features:
- Happy :)JillydVIPDined on 18/6/2013Lovely food and good service - will certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shame this restaurant has closedSavouryDined on 18/6/2013I've enjoyed many meals at Little Sicily so it was a shame to hear that it has closed now. It offered great value (when booked on deals) and so close to the action.Special Features:
- Hungry and Disappointed.stumanDined on 15/6/2013We booked this restaurant for a special occasion based on all the positive reviews only to be left hungry and disappointed! We asked for a drinks menu but they didn't have one, we asked what wine they had we were told house red or white. We ordered the antipasti italiano to start which was basically a platter of 3 meats, no bread or olives just two sundried tomatoes, sub-standard compared to other italian restaurants. For main we both had pasta. Angelo's grandmothers secret recipe meatballs were terrible, I'm not sure how the recipe has survived they were that bad - dry and tasteless. We had to ask for parmesan which was not fresh, dried stuff out of a bag. Would not recommend booking this restaurant for any occasion. Best avoided.
- Felt like a factory farmBrodieDined on 15/6/2013Our table was crammed in, the salmon fish cake was a potato cake with a few bits of salmon in it. Great location for guilgud theatre. Would not return.Special Features:
- poor sevicePiggieDined on 12/6/2013I do not recommend! Went for a post-theatre meal. Service was appauling, we may have just had a poor-serving waitress. Orders were wrong and bread was stale. I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Good food, great valuesb1982Dined on 11/6/2013Very nice restaurant, very conveniently placed in the west end for pre theatre or pre drinks. Set menu could have a bit more choice, excellent value if you take advantage of the regular offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingluv2dineDined on 8/6/2013Had to wait almost 1 hour to be seated despite having reservation for 9.15 pm. When seated (on the side, against a leaning wall!) we were largely ignored for another 20 minutes even though we knew what we wanted to order. The waiters were rushing around & there wasn't a designated waiter for our table, it was a different person each time.Had to ask someone who was collecting dishes just to place order for drinks. One waiter seemed more interested in flirting & serving a hen party than with getting on with his job. We were very hungry. Starter was nice, but had to then wait far too long for main course, same with dessert, it took far too long to even be given a dessert menu. Atmosphere was nice but too loud and noisy, not intimate enough.
- OKMarkVIPDined on 4/6/2013Not exceptional but certainly ok for a pre theatre dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian food, Fast serviceHuttonFrankDined on 3/6/2013We had a pre-theatre dinner. There was an offer of 2 courses + glass of wine for £10.50. The wine was red or white. The number of choices wasn't huge (about 5 or 6) and some items were £1 or £2 extra. The food was typically Italian, and very tasty and adequate quantity. The wine was just ok! The restaurant soon filled up, and people were served quickly. All in all we were happy. Can't say whether it is good for Sunday lunch, children or disabled access etc because we didn't experience that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's all the fuss?TonyPropsDined on 1/6/2013I bought a groupon and we booked a table 3 weeks ago before I read the reviews. I was concerned I had made a mistake. This was not the case. The place was very clean. Toilets were clean , the staff are attentive and helpful. The cocktails were strong and well presented, beer and wine modestly priced and the food was good. I was very happy with my purchase from groupon and delighted with Little Sicily food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been betterEmsWatsonLDNDined on 31/5/2013Received an email from Little Sicily re: a special offer - 3 courses for £10. When I arrived, my dining companion and I were seated with a standard menu. The waitress came over and we told her about the special offer - showed her the email. She didn't know anything about it. She called over a colleague, they didn't know anything about it. They called a manager, he didn't know anything about it. We were made to feel like we'd made the whole thing up. The food was hot, served promptly but wholly uninspiring. Overall, it was a disappointing meal and I'm glad I didn't have to pay full price for such an uninspiring meal.Special Features:
- Little Sicily Rupert Street LondonWomanvfoodnationDined on 28/5/2013Great food, good wine, excellent service, brilliant value using £29 Amazon voucher. Second time, always good, would definitely do it again. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service - from the managerCatriona20Dined on 26/5/2013I booked this restaurant as it stated on its website that it served 'fresh and delicious Italian cuisine'. This was not the case for any courses we ordered. As one example I ordered a fish cake which was soggy, collapsed in the middle and the fish was off. When I complained, stating that I am pregnant & needed to be careful, the manager said that "I shouldn't have ordered it then". When I replied that the food was disgusting & that's why I couldn't eat it, he got very offended, and proceeded to give me hurt & annoyed looks for the rest of the evening - excellent customer service. As further proof that the food isn't fresh, it takes 3 minutes from ordering a food, to it being on your table. Just enough time to warm it up in the microwave.