1 Whitby Street
London, E1 6JUNeighbourhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.loungelover.co.uk/
- Phone: 02070121234x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 6:00pm - 11.00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday: 6:00pm - 11.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For an utterly spectacular party look no further than the opulence of Loungelover. Boasting a cool eclectic interior and able to hold 250 guest for Japanese inspired cuisine and award winning cocktails.
- Entertainment: DJ and live entertainment facilities available for private events.
A word from Loungelover
Loungelover opened in 2003 by the creators of Les Trois Garcons, this decadent kitsch cocktail lounge is now well known for its fusion menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Loungelover reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since 23 May 2014
romance (21)special occasions (18)group bookings (17)pre/post theatre (5)outstanding value (2)disabled access (1)afternoon tea (1)sunday lunch (1)brunch (1)good vegetarian options (1)business meals (1)Show More
- Unhappy chappiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Staff were swept off their feet. Maybe hire a few more people on a Saturday night. In result, food was left on the side for ages and delivered cold. When you book a table, you would like to be served, not asking every hour for a drink.Special Features:
- Great for drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2014I loved the atmosphere, each section was decorated with unusual furniture & accessories. I had the strawberry lollie, which tasted like a strawberry shake, it was delicious. Not much of a choice on food, only snacks were served, and they were just OK. The main draw here would be the drinks & atmosphere, great for a friends night out!Special Features:
- SoSoVIPDined on 13/8/2014The Ivy is an institution amongst circles of the posh crowd and visitors to the theater district. The remodel they did a few years back was done quite well. And the service exceeded expectations in most regards. Numerous staff attended to our tables which is always a positive and negative approach I find. As you can end up being asked the same question multiple times and having to say "we would like to enjoy our cocktails before ordering" to different staff. Outstanding rum list; one of the best I have seen at a restaurant. The food was inventive and of good quality. Albeit not quite there for the prices. Unfortunately this place can continue operating as is due to history and a posh shroud as a improvement in food quality would be great.Special Features:
- Excellent drinks, perfect for groupLondonFoodieVIPDined on 1/8/2014A great place for a group in the east end. Noisy but very pretty and really excellent cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, great nightFee23Dined on 26/7/2014So this is the third time visiting Lounge Lover and this time around I was a-celebrating my birthday. As always the decor provided a great backdrop to the nights proceedings, and with 2 for 1 cocktails before 8pm, a DJ playing fantastic house music and great canapes to line the stomach before taking the night deeper - much deeper - I had a great time. But of course that was a combination of the venue, the service, what was being served and the fabulous company of my friends. My only wish - that there was a dance floor so we could dance to the fantastic music. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placMdeeDined on 18/7/2014More of a lounge bar than a restaurant. Furniture very comfortable. Cocktails are delicious and good value for money if you go between 5 and 8 in the evening. The food which was a bar food menu was really delicious. It was tapas style so we ordered a variety of dishes. Overall it was fairly good money. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerclubDined on 12/7/2014This was one of the worst dining experiences of my life. When I arrived i was very rudely told that my table had been given away although the place looked empty. My table was not held because I was late, however still within the 30 minute time frame to arrive. Three out of four staff members were unprofessional and rude. One waiter got our drinks wrong then came over to argue with us instead of just apologising. He then brought another waiter over to help his argument who wasn't even serving us. I cannot believe the attitude of the staff. Food was good, not amazing. Cocktails were the same as everywhere nothing to write home about. I know people say this but I will never go back there.
- A little peeved...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Been to Lounge Lover lots and usually have positive feedback. But one of our servers clearly didn't know what she was doing although her pleasant manner made up for it. However there was a particular young lady who was extremely rude to my partner and I. After waiting for a long time for some service, we decided to go to the bar to order a drink. After waiting there for at least 15 minutes with no acknowledgement - a shirty girl proceeded to order us to "sit down" as there was no bar service. This server had seen us waiting and only chose to aggressively say something after some time. Drinks were not bad, ambience good - food tastily average. I like the venue so will return but I hope to not have to deal with that same server again!Special Features:
- Luscious cocktails at LoungLoverKBWPDined on 4/4/2014I have been coming to Loungelover for over 10 years and it never fad to hit the mark! Fab cocktails and glam environs! Definitely a special night out!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just cocktailsJMH3VIPDined on 14/3/2014I've been to Loungelover before but not to eat. The food was really nice and great for sharing. I will definitely go back to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing expierence at LoungeloverFrimeoDined on 28/2/2014Me and my friends spent amazing time at the Loungelover, the cocktails was amazing, service very good, I loved it the music, lady who was serving us, was always smiling, always around if we needed her. I will definitely come back to the place with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Monday night drinkscouchqueenDined on 3/2/2014Had a girls night out on a freezing Monday night out - started the night at Loungelover. The place was quiet (as expected) on a Monday night, but enough people filtered through to keep the place buzzing but quiet enough to have a proper catch up with friends without shouting over a crowd. The all night happy hour was good value for money and we enjoyed a few rounds of drinks, cheese platter and sweet potato fries. Perfect Monday night out, we will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first time at thisAnonDined on 3/1/2014It was my first time at this fantastic cocktail bar. I heard from friends it was perfect choice for drinks and intermacy. Would certainly recommend it for a first date venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Series of unfortunate eventsarin89Dined on 14/12/2013I had been to Loungelovers before and knew how busy it could get on a Saturday night, so I made a booking. It took forever for someone to take our order and when the drinks finally arrived, we were told that we had outstayed our welcome in that they were only holding tables for one hour for smaller parties like ours. Fortunately, the Maitre D' was nice enough to let us stay on a bit longer. We would have preferred to pay by card but the waiter, again, took forever to handle our request, so we ended up leaving cash. It was regrettable that the service was less than ideal because I would have liked to show my friends why I like the place so much. I will definitely go there again and would recommend it, just perhaps not on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a cocktail bar, not for dinnerLolaDined on 14/12/2013A funky bar with a good vibe and great for groups who want to sit and have drinks. With only one hostess at the door, they struggled to maintain bookings. It took us 30 min to get a table despite booking in advance. And we never saw a food menu. The manager was very good and she did her best to sort us out. Great for drinks, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Cockails made as they should beFoodieDined on 21/11/2013Finding cocktails made from good ingredients is rare these days so I was really pleased to find all err five of mine were made really well and tasted delicious. The atmosphere here (on Thursday night) was great. Not over packed, music quiet enough to talk and extravagant funky décor that makes it a great place to chill out. Plus good table service. An ideal date place, even though I wasn't on one. I'd still come back with a group of mates for my birthday too because it's quirky layout suits all types. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a good venue for ShoreditchGriffin7t8Dined on 25/10/2013Still a good venue for Shoreditch cocktails, even if the interior now looks a bit dated and the toilets leave a lot to be desired. Good selection of potent and tasty cocktails, go before 8pm to get the 2 for £12 deal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice hideawayAlexalexDined on 17/10/2013Superb cocktails, chilled ambiance, stylistic decor, reasonably priced. And super service. Will be going back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre/Post Theatre BarChippyDined on 16/10/2013Situated right next to Rich Mix Centre, it's the ideal place for pre/post theatre drinks and nibbles. I highly recommend to book the table if you want to be seated in the nice corner. The choice of food is limited, but we really enjoyed the board of cured ham selection which includes delicious venison. It's known for Cocktails, but they have lovely wines, too. The decor is very impressive and fun to look around, and the atmosphere was buzzing on Wednesday night. Although it was hard to get the attention, the waiter was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 189 reviews are from the Loungelover reviews archive.
- Great experienceHWellerDined on 16/8/2013Love the atmosphere and attention from staff. Great tasting cocktails including the signature Lounge Lover cocktail.Special Features:
- Simply the best cocktails in LondonlozlondonDined on 16/8/2013Lounge lover serves up an interesting mix of cocktails and has the beat menu and vibe in London - absolutely love it. Worth trying to get in for the happy hour as they're a bit pricey and you'll want to try lots! Great snack food too - try the pork belly bites. Also request a table in the centre of the bar to avoid being put right at the edge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DullHungryDined on 12/8/2013I came here for drinks with friends years ago and found it to be quite a vibrant place. Ok I know it was a Monday evening (but every other restaurant I tried in the area was fully booked!) LoungeLover was empty and dull. The food was very tasty but I hadn't realised the portions were going to be so small. It's definitely food to accompany drinks rather than a dinning experience. Won't be going back.
- TerribleDissapointedDined on 10/8/2013We turned up for a pre-booked birthday dinner and were told our table, right by the door, was now booked again less then an hour after we booked it for for someone else. They had "no other" tables available, even though there were lots of empty tables, and the lady on the door was rude. We ended up leaving and had a really nice meal just round the corner. I'll be very surprised if I ever go again for food or drinks.
- Great place for cocktails...ZcapVIPDined on 7/8/2013This place is a little gem in the heart of Shoreditch - bit pricey - but there is a happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poorJaursDined on 3/8/2013I made and confirmed my booking, we arrived on time and our table wasn't available. We waited about 10 minutes to be seated, when we were seated we were told it was a "sharing table", which we thought defeated the object of actually booking! We went to the bar to order drinks but were told we had to order with the waitress, which we should have been told by the lady who seated us. I then approached another waitress and asked to order drinks and she said she would be over, we waited a good 10 minutes and no one came over. We soon got feed up and left! The poor service just ruined the whole experience.
- Didnt know tge basics..WilliamnotamusedDined on 19/7/2013Tried to order my favourite cocktail. But firstly the waitresses had to ask three times for the barman to tell me they couldnt make it. Considering its only three ingrediants all of which are present in ar leat 4 cocktails on the menu i can only presume they didnt know what it was, which in anycase i told them. Pretty shoddy for supposedly one if londons cocktail bars. Secondly the two other cocktails i ordered came bitter as sin and wetter than a sharks rear end. Oh how the mighy have fallen...
- First thursdayTonyDined on 4/7/2013Very Good cocktails, but not seated in the best part of the venue. Also got our reservation confused.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loungeloverhiggi46Dined on 28/6/2013We went to Loungelover on a Saturday evening, lovely welcome on arrival. Service very good to start with, drinks were good and not ridiculously expensive, given the surroundings, the food was so-so and the service did go a bit downhill later on when they got busier (we were sitting in 'out of the way' position though so that probably contributed to this). Overall would recommend for drinks and ambience but not particularly for foodSpecial Features:
- Great cocktails; great surroundingsBusyLizzieDined on 15/6/2013The table service here is excellent. The cocktail menu is so extensive that it was difficult to decide between all the amazing choices but the waitress was happy to listen to the kind of things we liked and suggest something appropriate. Each time she was spot on! The venue itself is great with really good music and a good atmosphere. We didn't eat here so the rating for 'food' actually applies to drinks! They did bring two bowls of prawn crackers without charge whilst we were deciding on which cocktails to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly serviceSoLoDined on 15/6/2013We had some lovely cocktails and bites to eat. The evening was really made by the knowledgable and kind serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktailsClaudiaVIPDined on 14/6/2013Loungelover is spectacular, probably the best cocktail bar I have ever been to. I went with friends and, although it was empty until 8.30pm, the atmosphere was class and warm. We didn't have any food, but cocktails were delicious!Special Features:
- Cocktail LoverFoodieDined on 25/5/2013Was looking for somewhere different and special to celebrate my birthday! Definitely found that in Loungelover. The cocktails were so different and a treat for the tastebuds.Special Features:
- Cocktails under a palm treeatrac02Dined on 17/5/2013...chandelier ;) In terms of the decor, this place has topped my list of a most random mix of eclectic, beautiful and tacky - but all fun! The atmosphere is trendy yet relaxed with low mood lighting mixed with upbeat music and staff. Our cocktails (I ordered the Utopia) was well worth the money - their menu is extensive! I will definitely be going back to sample more of the menu. We didnt try any food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks, disappointing foodJonnyLindqvistDined on 10/5/2013Loungelover did Japanese themed food much better than it does Scandinavian. Although being from Sweden I must say the offerings didn't strike me as being particularly Scandinavian at all. It's not that the food was bad, it just wasn't as good as I had come to expect from previous visits. The service, however, was top-notch - very friendly and attantive without pretense, and so were the drinks. I'd definitely go back for drinks but I might wait until they change the menu before I sample the food again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab cocktailsRonkaguyDined on 24/4/2013Great food and an extensive cocktail menu make this a fun place to hang out for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifully presented but blandMalfDined on 19/3/2013We were welcomed on arrival and the staff were helpful and courteous throughout. The decor was interesting and comfortable. The range of cocktails was great and when they arrived he cocktails lived up to expectations. But (and it is a big but) we went there for dinner and, although very well presented, the food was pretty tasteless. For example, the pork skewers with wasabi crust had a scattering of green on them but you could barely taste the wasabi.
- Love the place the atmosphereveggieDined on 9/3/2013Love the place the atmosphere and the service, only thing I don't like is the music but that's subjectiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to end the weekAndrewDined on 15/2/2013Found this place in the back-streets of Shoreditch, and only when standing in front of the entrance can you see such a nice place from within in the area you stand. The greeting was Friendly, the décor was very cool , nice and funky , quirky and how I like it. Nice relaxing place to enjoy a few cocktails and nibbles with friends or your partner. I enjoyed this with my girlfriend and we both loved it and had a great time, and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch your bill. you may overchargeAfrinDined on 8/2/2013Please watch your bill as they can simply add extra drinks and forced you to pay even though you haven't had them. Only last Friday 6 of us went for drink after work. They have charged us extra 2 beers when asked to remove it they said that we had them and we were forced to pay, although we were very sure that we didn't as we mostly drunk cocktails. Both the managers and waiter were very rude. Zero customer service. I won't recommend to anyone to go there.
- Loungelover, truly perfectVmateusDined on 31/1/2013Great place, music ambience. Food was incredibly tasty. Staff very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.