17-22 Leadenhall Market
London, EC3V 1LRNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lucsbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 02076210666x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00PM-3:00PM
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 5:00PM-9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Darrin Jacobs
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties accommodated with no hire-out charge. Seated: up to 80 on first floor restaurant +60 people upstairs; standing: 120 + 80.
A word from Luc's Brasserie
Luc's is a French Brasserie situated in historic Leadenhall Market in the City of London. The menu comprises of French regional dishes, desserts and cheeses with a well chosen wine list to accompany your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBusiness Meals
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Luc's Brasserie - Best restaurants in Fenchurch Street ›
Luc's Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since 25 October 2013
business meals (75)group bookings (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasions (6)romance (5)outstanding value (5)good vegetarian options (3)pre/post theatre (3)brunch (1)afternoon tea (1)Show More
- Always good for food and serviceBertDined on 3/10/2014I always enjoy my visits to Luc's. Good food and good service come as standard. It's not cheap, but then the best restauranst often aren't - having said that it's not extortionate either. Try and get a window seat for the best dining experience....Special Features:
- Nice business lunchsk22Dined on 3/10/2014This is in the heart of Leadenhall market - good location, on the first floors with nice views. Food was served fast and was decent in quality.Special Features:
- Quick lunch with my sonsIndieDined on 16/9/2014Found the service to be very good indeed, all the staff whether they were serving you or not were very friendly. The food came quickly and were good sized portions. I think my only complaint was that though we were all sitting on a small table I was unable to hear anything anyone was saying - the restaurant was so loud and talking to my three boys became quite an effort. I will go back, but maybe with just one other person so I can have a conversation! (Maybe if they put a carpet down the acoustics wouldn't be so bad). But again I did enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- Beef good. Wine so so.SurfbummerDined on 11/9/2014Another outstanding Filet cooked to perfection. French Fries were a little soggy, but still hot and enjoyable. However, the two red wines we ordered by the glass were very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Quick LunchBrokerDined on 10/9/2014We went there with a client who needed a quick bite to eat before going to the airport. The food and service was very good and the turnaround was impressiveSpecial Features:
- Never a let downPaulaDined on 28/8/2014Lucs Brasserie always offers good food with friendly customer service. Love the French ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good herePaulaDined on 30/7/2014Good food at a very reasonable price with the set menu. Very polite and efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A market gemLoulouDined on 23/7/2014Luc's is quite simply a lovely restaurant. The staff are highly professional and attentive. The food is great and we had their set menu, which however hasn't changed for over 7 months, so perhaps a little change would be nice. The food is excellent, the wine list mega and the view over into Leadenhall Market is very unique.Special Features:
- NicANVIPDined on 18/7/2014Overprice, average food, very smelly entrance, tables too close to each other, avoid on a hot summer day (it is booking inside)
- Cover charge and tip not worth itKinLondonDined on 3/7/2014We sat down and were disappointed to hear that 2 dishes from the smallenu were off. This left no vegetarian options. The food was generally fine nwhen it arrived but my mashed potato was far too salty. I resented paying a cover charge and service charge at the end and I would say you would get better value elsewhere.Special Features:
- Where's the Chef?!simonbVIPDined on 3/7/2014A hot Summer day. I had a pea and pea shoot salad to start followed by steak tartare (perfectly prepared) and a green salad. A glass of rose from Provence as an aperitif followed by a chilled Gamay from Beaujolais with the steaks. Sublime. All this sitting by an open window looking over the lovely Leadenhall Market. Luc's is elegant, simple and reliable. The Chef/Owner clearly does a great job although he's never seen. Occasionally you might have a fleeting glimpse but rarely more than that. Rumour has it that the enigmatic cook is a shy recluse who only shows his face once or twice a year. If you are lucky enough to catch a glimpse, tell him from me that the steak tartare is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as a rock!simonbVIPDined on 25/6/2014Have been dining here for years and it never lets me down. Terrific restaurant, great staff. Chef is the owner, he seems a little shy.Special Features:
- LunchTSS600Dined on 24/6/2014Authentic French Bistro: good traditional menu, good value and at lunchtime lots of buzzSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticfood4pleasureDined on 18/6/2014High quality food and service art reasonable prices always guranteed. A place wehre I take frinds for special occasions for a feast.Special Features:
- Good steaksShaunLDined on 17/6/2014Being a french restaurant you expect a decent steak and that's what we got. when the restaurant gets busy it gets somewhat loud due to the enclosed area and close tables, but otherwise a great view from most tables of leadenhall market - just needed to be aware one had to go up stairs to get to restaurant meant it was a little trick to find for a first time.Special Features:
- Nice food but overpricedbreakfastgoerDined on 15/5/2014Food was lovely, but overall it was a little too expensive for what it was. The setting is very nice, but had it been busy the tables are very close together so it would have been noisy and a little too close for comfort. It was a lovely meal, but for the money could get better value elsewhere.
- Set Menu is good valueCindylouwhoDined on 12/5/2014I'm not a big eater and I don't like heavy food but the set meal was perfect for me. I had the Onglet and the rosti. Both were a right sized portions and delicious!Special Features:
- Friday LunchDavidPDined on 1/5/2014Busy lunchtime in Leadenhall Market. The service at Luc's was friendly and attentive. Tables are rather close together, with attendant high levels of noise ; but that's the way of the world in the City, especially on a Friday. Thoroughly enjoyed my escargots, cod / clam combo and French cheeseboard. My friend mentioned his duck confit was a bit on the dry side. Seemed reasonable value for the venue and its location. Happy to return, but maybe not immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valuemunchingDined on 1/5/2014The set menu is really good value, and turn up very quickly. Very busy restaurant around lunch time, so it took a long time to get attention from waiting staff. All in all, good experience, though.Special Features:
- So much potential.....VinlondonDined on 10/4/2014On first entering the restaurant it's decor was like a typical French brasserie so I was excited at the prospect of the food. Whilst the set menu on offer (full a la carte was unavailable) was very good value, the wine list was overpriced in comparison. The food was very disappointing, a starter of Bayonne ham and celeriac remoulade was underwhelming with a decent ham not making up for the bland celeriac with no dressing. My friend had a salad which came without the main ingredient of feta. The main was an improvement but the frites were lukewarm. Not sure what was happening in the kitchen as there were only two tables dining! Dessert was an outstanding tarte au citron, maybe it was bought it?
- I wont hurry back...CarveupDined on 10/4/2014I like Luc's, a busy french bistro with a great atmosphere. I ordered the ribeye steak medium rare and it came out rare and not warm enough. Unfortunately the last time I came here in February my steak was over done. Dissapointing as the restaurant I like everything else about the restaurant and I wont be going back until I hear the cooking is back to the standard it should be.Special Features:
- Good EveningOrient1948Dined on 26/3/2014Had not been to Lucs for a few years since retiring from the city. Always used to be one of my favourite business eating places. Used it recently to meet up with a friend from overseas who was visiting London ad staying in the city. A very nice casual dinner , restricted evening menu but decent choices and prepared and presented to a very good standard. Very good brasserie fare. We had a v.nice bottle of Burgundy recommended by the head waiter - good but pricey! Not overcrowded, so conversation was easy . The head waiter and staff were helpful and chatty when required . A good meal in casual surroundings - would go back again and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does what it says on the packet.MossyDined on 25/3/2014I have been visiting Luc's for a number of years (15+) and I would have to say this was the best dining experience I have enjoyed there to date. Luc's has always delivered a good relaible quality of typical French basserie style food and wine but this time round the staff actually smiled - miracle, nor did they think it their god given right to treat us punters like something they might find on the sole of their shoes. Well done to whoever taught them that trick. My only niggle - and this is more a symptom of City dining in general - is the price of a reasonable bootle of wine, it's outrageous profiteering but then sadly you know that's the case wherever you go in the square mile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky to go to Luc'sIH2dineVIPDined on 25/3/2014Had not visited for some years, however the restaurant has maintained its authentic Frech charm, more authentic than most Brasseries in France these days. fabulous cheeses - could be more generous there - good cuts of meet and apparently the cod was perfect. I like the French and other origins based wine-list. Will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect business lunchTopCatDined on 10/3/2014I invited a city based client to lunch, she was not disappointed ! . We had two excellent courses in quick time , but not rushed shared a superb Sancerre. Typically French bistro ambience in the heart of London. I cannot wait for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in Londonjay89Dined on 21/2/2014Authentic French brasserie. Great steaks, fast service ideal for a quick lunch. Nice to go to a restaurant were they know your name and look after you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit disappointingCarveupDined on 18/2/2014Lucs has been a favourite restaurant of mine for some time, I like the atmosphere, style and bustle of the French bistro. The service was brisk and friendly but unfortunately the entrecote which I ordered medium rare came out medium and the frite were barely warm - poor baring in mind we were a table for 2.Special Features:
- A litte France in LondonThamesviewDined on 7/2/2014It is just like the resteraunts in Paris. Good food, good wine,bustling. Probably not the best place for a quiet discussion but a great place to eat with friends. The setting in the market also adds to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedmcdocatDined on 5/2/2014Have been to Luc's many times over the years - just got the impression that they really don't care too much. Asked for fillet steak and sea bass - steak was well cooked instead of medium - took 5 minutes just to catch a waiters attention and then 10 mins for it to be redone. so effectively we ate separately. Used to be betterSpecial Features:
- Good Food , great servicePip1973Dined on 4/2/2014Fantastic service, quick efficient with out feeling rushed. The Menu is ideal in so far as it offer a small selection of great dishes. The hardest task is choosing which to have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service, Good value, Fair foodQuinzenVIPDined on 15/1/2014If you want a buzzy restaurant, with quick service and reasonable prices, this is your place. Food is not always on the mark, potted shrimps were lovely, but raost chicken was dry, chips were soggy and petit pois hard as little bullets. having left most of it, no-one seemed to care. Prefer to visit only at the choice of my guests, not as my own choice.Special Features:
- Great food as ever, but...NomisDined on 20/12/2013No cheeseboard left at 2.15 on the Friday before Christmas! We relocated to the wonderful Cheese in Leadenhall Market instead to enjoy the rest of the afternoon.Special Features:
- One of my favouritesCityChickDined on 19/12/2013Reliable as ever, had a great meal, we always have the ribeye steak and it never lets us down.The restaurant was very busy which gave it a buzzy atmosphere, we will return in the new year.Special Features:
- Great Christmas Partyjay89Dined on 19/12/2013Thanks to the staff at Luc's for the wonderful Christmas party. Both the food and service were great. The restaurant looked the part as well, with decoration made from used wine bottles, (very clever). We have booked for next year all ready and looking forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in a lovely settingThamesviewDined on 19/12/2013Took the team for a Christmas dinner. We were there for over three hours and never felt the least hurried to release the table. The food was excellent, particularly the starters and the steaks. Excellent wine. It was a little noisy as the tables are long and the adjacent group was looking to broadcast their conversation to all. Will definitely returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone offMarkDined on 10/12/2013Two of us had tuna. it was not close to fresh. Others had chicken and duck dishes. All commented that the food was average at best. This is a long standing city institution and unfortunately the standards have gone down.Special Features:
- Business lunchPolarbearDined on 9/12/2013Monday night evening booking, very quiet which led to good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very consistently goodCityGirlDined on 6/12/2013As always, a good option for a business lunch. The food was great as always and the service is fairly good for the city. A bit of a mixup with the ill, but this was swiftly resolved.Special Features:
- Overpriced and not so greatTeresaVIPDined on 5/12/2013Luc's brasserie looked like a breath of fresh air when I first walked into the restaurant with all the quirky decorations and cosy atmosphere which is hard to find around city area. Unfortunately the price was quite high food did not meet my expectations. I ordered beef onglet, and though I knew it can be slightly tough I did not expect it to be rubber to the extent that my jaw was in pain and I could not finish my meal. French fries that came with the steak was nice and thin but it was soggy with too much oil. My friend ordered fish cake which was mediocre. All in all I really wanted to like this restaurant but will not be returning again.Special Features:
- A long waitwinnersDined on 5/12/2013Luc's is an old favorite of mine offering good quality food and wine at attractive prices. I know this is a busy time of year however I felt the service was very much below par. 7/10 Guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.