Ma Cuisine Bistrot
The Old Post Office
9 Station Approach
Kew, TW9 3QBNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Ma Cuisine Bistrot
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.macuisinebistrot.co.uk/
- Phone: 02083321923
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 12:00pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant
A word from Ma Cuisine Bistrot
Oh so French and oh so charming, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is Kew’s very own Gallic dining room, where locals and visitors are invited to enjoy rustic French cuisine in delightfully traditional surroundings. In the very heart of Kew Village, close to the train station and local shops, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is situated in the old Post Office with its large arched window and smattering of pavement tables and chairs. It’s an attractive space decorated with characteristic red and white chequered tablecloths, dark wood ladder backed chairs, impressionist posters and black and white tile flooring, all bringing to mind those tiny cafes on town squares all over Brittany. Serving high quality food at realistic prices, Ma Cuisine Bistrot is the proud owner of a Michelin Bib Gourmand, awarded for its fresh, delicious dishes of classical and rustic origin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ma Cuisine Bistrot reviews from OpenTable diners
- FantasticCT22VIPDined on 13/10/2012I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Ma Cuisine Bistrot. It was fantastic food, service was great and the atmosphere was relaxed. I would definitely recommend the scallops starter. Absolutely delicious!!Special Features:
- DeliciousFoodieFriendDined on 14/9/2012Food is always fabulous, service is effecient but not rushed and with a smile! I regularly est here and would highly reccomend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A personal favouriteMeLikeFudDined on 5/9/2012Food is great. Staff are friendly and attentive. Relaxed atmosphere with no busy roads nearby. Perhaps it's because I'm a Kiwi but my pet peeve is having a service charge automatically added to my bill. Why not just add it on to the normal pricing. It is a small negative at the end of an otherwise perfect meal.Special Features:
- Great traditional French cookingJill59CDined on 21/8/2012Ma Cuisine never fails to disappoint. The menu is good quality French favourites at sensible prices. The service is always friendly and there is a great authentic bistro atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very busy and livelt frenchCandSBDined on 15/8/2012Very busy and livelt french bistro style restaurant, good choice of menu and very accommodationg staff Great funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodAnnaVIPDined on 11/8/2012Me and my boyfriend went for a romantic dinner to Ma Cuisine Bistrot last Saturday and we were not disapointed. Everything was faultless, both food and service, and my boyfriend, who tried hare for the first time was extatic. The meat was so tender and literally fell of the bones. We will definately be back despite that it is a bit away from where we live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experiencecarolpDined on 8/8/2012The food, service and ambience are all of a high standard at this unpretentious French bistro. It's very convenient for sustenance after a walk in Kew Gardens. One is always made welcome, and the set lunch is very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food and excellentgastropodDined on 22/7/2012Beautiful food and excellent service. We will return... soon.Special Features:
- Always great food and serviceJill59CDined on 19/7/2012I am regular at Ma Cuisine and have never been disappointed. The food is classical French and there is a great bistro atmosphere with excellent service. It is good for both lunch and dinner. I particularly like the wide range of wine by the caraf.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, just by KewgastropodDined on 29/6/2012Good location, just by Kew bridge station. Friendly staff, good food, interesting wine list and honest prices. Definitely recommend for those who are looking for a good time in a cosy, non-pretentious french bistrot...Special Features:
- Good food, great valueCHEFNICKDined on 4/6/2012I had the 3 course menu, which at 18 pounds was an amazing value. First course, smoked fish salad. Lovely, smoked salmon, smoked mackerel, and a smoked prawn, lovely remoulade sauce, and a small asparagus salad. It was simple, but good. Second, Lamb en croute. Nice sweet potato puree, some braised red cabbage. Lovely lamb, wrapped in duxelle and cabbage, then wrapped in pastry. Nice medium cook. Good, solid cooking. Third, Chocolate Tart. It was simple, but well prepared. Same could be said of the other option on the 3 course menu, which was creme brulee. Nothing unexpected, no creative twists, but really well made and nicely presented. Overall, good food, great value, only knock would be that the tables are VERY close togetherSpecial Features:
- Great food but noisyGraemehDined on 2/6/2012Great, very reasonably priced food. The atmosphere was loud which is great for a large group but not suitable for a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Delightful bit of France!DarwinDined on 28/5/2012Highly recommended! Service was friendly & relaxed, but behind was a hardworking, efficient operation. Menu had excellent choice, and the fixed price is fantastic value, hard to single out any one dish but home smoked salmon fillet melted in the mouth. Wines well selected and very good quality. If we lived nearby would be there every week - at least!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good French Bistro food. SometimesBusywomenDined on 25/5/2012Good French Bistro food. Sometimes a bit variable in quality. Very good service.Special Features:
- Ma Cuisine BistrotMange2Dined on 25/5/2012Nice atmosphere for an enjoyable Friday night dinner. Friendly efficient staff & good food. Very convenient location for Kew Station & Gardens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ma Cuisine, Kew - OutstandingLindsDDined on 25/5/2012Another excellent lunch at Ma Cuisine with a colleague - food is always exceptional, service is friendly and efficient, and we were able to sit outside - perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parisian feeleatingDined on 18/5/2012Lovely atmosphere, felt like Paris! Good food and value. Nice being able to have a caraffe of wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very good meal from Ma CuisineRuthDined on 3/5/2012A very good meal from Ma Cuisine with 15% off the bill. Food was delicious with a good variety of choice. I had the dorset crab and then the magret de canard. Main course comes with a selection of veg. so no extras. Restaurant was busy by eight o'clock and it's a very good place to eat if visiting Kew Gardens near by.
- Ma Cuisine Bistrot. Kew Gardens,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2012Ma Cuisine Bistrot. Kew Gardens, London. The food was amazing the Menu is just big enough to give you a good choice without being confusing. The staff and owner are very friendly and really helped make the meal a great experience. Could have sat for hours drinking coffee. Highly recommended
- Really nice restaurant closeCrazydaneDined on 21/4/2012Really nice restaurant close to Kew Gardens station. The food is excellent, service really good and you feel like being in a true Frence environment. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Unfortunately, we were inCandSBDined on 3/4/2012Unfortunately, we were in a major traffic incident and unable to attend the event However, we have eaten at Ma Cuisine before and find it a wonderful place for an informal event
- A really lovely meal in aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 30/3/2012A really lovely meal in a full happy restaurant. The staff were very friendly, helpful and appeared happy in their work. The recomendations we received were excellent and we look forward to returning next time we find an excuse to be in the area
- Always a good meal at Ma CuisineLindsDDined on 22/3/2012Always a good meal at Ma Cuisine in Kew - delicious food and very friendly service.
- Anothr delicious meal at MaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 21/3/2012Anothr delicious meal at Ma Cuisine. Very hard to choose from their menu as every regional favourite you could want features. Excellent service. Will keep coming back.
- Ma Cuisine never fails toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/3/2012Ma Cuisine never fails to delight - great food, friendly service and authentic French bistro style.
- Another lovely lunch at MaLindsDDined on 14/3/2012Another lovely lunch at Ma Cuisine in Kew - food is always excellent, and the smoked salmon salad was no exception, plenty of salmon and just the right amount of dressing. Service was friendly and efficient. Cannot fault this place!
- Excellent meal at Ma Cuisie.RuthDined on 2/3/2012Excellent meal at Ma Cuisie. Would definitely recommend the seafood risotto. Astarter of charcuterie wasdelicious and filling.
- We chose Ma Cuisine BistrotadamaeDined on 29/2/2012We chose Ma Cuisine Bistrot in Kew because of its proximity to the station and were impressed by its lovely food and wonderful staff. The fish was fabulous, starters and desserts perfect. We ate early - 7.30 - and on a weekday but did feel the ambiance was a little lacking - tables are not set out for romantic conversations! But the food, though on the expensive side, was fantastic. decently priced wine list with lots of wines by the glass or carafe as well as by the bottle.
- Ma Cuisine has an authenticIRofRVIPDined on 21/2/2012Ma Cuisine has an authentic bistrot feel & the food is very good. We each had a starter, dessert & glass of wine, and this combination was readily available. My ravioli de homard & Pavlova were both first-rate. The helpful waiters were French, as was my guest, and much amiable fraternizing took place. The only reason for marking down the ambience was the excessive noise, which made conversation difficult. Otherwise a very jolly evening.
- Excellent Service & QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 15/2/2012Excellent Service & Quaint French menu with the classics you expect. Great food and a very nice quiet restaurant tucked away in Kew. Worth a visit.
- Ma Cusine in Kew- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012Ma Cusine in Kew- great food and wonderful French atmosphere with fantastic service.
- As usual food was excellentTditton1Dined on 12/2/2012As usual food was excellent in quality and price. Starter of duck and liver terrine with figs was beautifull and sunday roast was lovely. Downfalls are tables are too close together and they jam in as many as possible. Needs a lick of paint.
- Ma Cuisine Bistrot, Kew; AsMOZQDined on 24/1/2012Ma Cuisine Bistrot, Kew; As ever great service and great food. Apparently the steak tartare is great and the halibut was delicious. Not sure why the bread and butter there is so good but we never get as far as dessert/cheese. Maybe next time....
- Very nice evening spent atposhblokeDined on 2/1/2012Very nice evening spent at Ma Cuisine in Kew, staff were very friendly & attentive, which made the evening even better. Food was really nice, great ingredients, well prepared. Wine was reasonably priced and very nice. Very helpful with adapting to gluten free diet, so a double recommendation for that reason! Go there and be sure of a nice evening!
- We had a lovely dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 29/12/2011We had a lovely dinner at Ma Cuisine. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding! A lovely treat and we look forward to going back there again very soon!
- Very good food, as always.MattRVIPDined on 11/12/2011Very good food, as always. Attentive service. And as a plus, they were very accommodating to the child in the group. Highly recommended.
- My partner (J) and I arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011My partner (J) and I arrived at Ma Cuisine Bistrot in Kew and we were promptly seated. The restaurant had a lot of character. The wine list was ample and had good value French wines of which the one we had was excellent. The starters were very good. For main J had partridge (for the 1st time) and is now a convert! Dessert was ok but slightly uninspired. The only let down was towards the end of the evening the service dropped, the staff looked ready to go home otherwise highly recommended.
- Really delightful Bistro,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2011Really delightful Bistro, excellent food and ambient atmosphere with simple decor. My fourth visit this year & will definitely continue to visit.
- Ma Cuisine Bistrot is in aJAMCDined on 3/12/2011Ma Cuisine Bistrot is in a beautiful little spot, just outside Kew Gardens Station and was a perfect meeting place for lunch. The environment and general ambience is great but the food was not what we expected. 10 years ago I might have thought it was acceptable but the reality is that affordable and well prepared food is widely available and this really just did not meet my expectations. My squid salad was heavily battered and served with a salad leaf garnish - just not good enough.
- Fantastic! Food, atmosphere,tobyDined on 26/11/2011Fantastic! Food, atmosphere, service , welcome, and value - such a great place to eat I wish I lived in London not Yorkshire!!