39 South Road
Southall, UB1 1SWNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.madhus.co.uk/
- Phone: 02085741897x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 12:30pm - 3pm, 6pm - 11:30pm
Wednesday - Friday: 12:30pm - 3pm, 6pm - 11:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: 6pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Rakesh Verma
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a free parking facility after 19:00 at the Quality food and Iceland Parking Facility, for which Guests need to collect a parking voucher from the restaurant reception and display while parking at the facility.
- Private Party Contact: Hemant Sharma 02085741897
- Entertainment: Pipe Music
A word from Madhu's
For more than 30 years in southall, Madhu's have been proud to deliver authentic delectable Punjabi cuisine with a Kenyan twist. Madhu's specialities include secret recipes now handed down through to third generation of Anand family. Madhu's won Best UK Restaurant at the 2004 Cobra Good Curry Awards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Madhu's reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since 30 October 2013
good vegetarian options (23)special occasions (17)group bookings (16)fit for foodies (16)child friendly (10)outstanding value (8)business meals (8)romance (6)disabled access (3)sunday lunch (1)Show More
- Foodfiend1Dined on 23/10/2014The reputation wasn't lived up to. We were placed on a corner table by the bar where we heard what seemed to be a head waiter bossing other staff around throughout most of the meal. Slightly uncomfortable. Paneer for starters was slap dashly presented. Nice sauce, fresh panner but over cooked so was rubbery. Salmon was lovely. Mains were standard, could get the same taste and friendlier service at many other restaurants. We went on Diwali we were watched for most our meal to hurry up and eat and once finished we were finishing our drinks and asked to leave as people were waiting for the table. My first time was a disappointment. Won't be returning.
- Southall favouriteBeauVine2Dined on 9/10/2014Went along with 9 colleagues and had a lovely authentic Indian food served by well trained staff and a first class restaurant manager. We shall certainly return for more of the same.Special Features:
- Madhu's the authentic experiencePhilipPVIPDined on 20/9/2014We have returned many times to madhu's for the great taste, the lively ambience, and the setting in Southall always feel you have just touched down in India. Always good value for money. Book at the weekend otherwise you will be in for a long wait for a table.Special Features:
- Recommend to all lovers of Indian.Slickjatt21Dined on 8/9/2014Madhu's is a great restaurant. One of the best indian restaurants I have been to in many years. It's now become our regular. Great varity of food. Good selection of wine and the service is second to none! We like things a bit different from the norm! And Madhu's gave us just that!! Modern surroundings and a great atmosphere. Highly recommend to all for a unique taste of the Indian menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food & ServiceKadhuDined on 6/9/2014This Restaurant has character & good atmosphere, the food is authentic Indian with a modern twist, the service is exemplary & attention to detail brings the whole experience alive. The excellent food continued with each course throughout the meal, each item ordered had a fantastic taste & will be an experience that should be repeated on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the 5/9/2014AR2D2Dined on 5/9/2014I went with my family for a birthday dinner at Madhus and throughly enjoyed the food and service provided. The only downfall was the non veg dishes which one member of my family ordered and was not happy with it. Other than that, I would definately recommend Madhus to anyone. Highly sophisticated service and approach towards each customer. Excellent all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experienceIlovemyfoodDined on 25/8/2014Having returned to what was once one of my favourite Indian eateries, I was left very dissapointed. It was a family Birthday meal family including children. Now the first impression given by the staff was more the kind 'if you are going to be spending money in here we will serve you right else we wont bother' which is what we got. The fact that I had booked ahead and the table was not ready and no napkins provided was something that took me by surprise as service was what Madhus stood out for! Starters were great. Mains were mediocre and they messed up and still had the audcaity to charge for the incorrect dish when it was given as a complimentary as a result? Madhus was up there 10 years ago but now sadly we wont be returning!Special Features:
- seriously over ratedFattyLosDiscipleDined on 10/8/2014I thought I would try this restaurant as I'd seen a number of reviews. It was quite good, but not up to the standard I had expected i.e. not as good as Karahi King in Wembley, or Tayyabs in Whitechapel. On the plus side, I thought the portion sizes were generous. And the interior is quite smart. But I found the service rather pushy. And when we asked to take the leftovers home, they "forgot" to give us the lamb. Overall, I wouldn't go back as I know better places for this style of food.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014restaurant is bit on small side & can get very busy.unfortunatle for us there was a birthday party of 15 people & it was too much noise for me as they took over the restaurant cheering & taking photos without consideration to other diners.the food was great but bit pricy for the area.not much choice of beers except cobra or carling.averall I would give 3 star to this restaurant as I have eaten in best restaurants in Mumbai ,melting pot,haibo & paid less with fantastic ambience & service & taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food as usual!AnonVIPDined on 25/6/2014Madhus is consistently excellent everytime I visit. The food here is by far the best Indian cuisine in west londonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very goodcaxcDined on 19/6/2014We haven't been to Madhu's for a while but the food remains very good with attentive service. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Choose Madhu's!cocopalmDined on 15/6/2014You can't really go wrong picking this restaurant, always have a good experience, the food is lovely! I would have rated the food Outstanding, if only they had not run out of their signature fish dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real punjabi food !MandeepsachdevDined on 7/5/2014we been to Madhu's a few times and have never been disappointed. Food is lovely, fresh and hot ! Ambience is nice and seating is comfortable. Good choice of menu. variety of drinks to choose from. Oh forgot to mention the deserts :PSpecial Features:
- Was this an off day for Madhu's?PrasDined on 30/4/2014Was good, however on this visit it was dire. The chicken served was not fresh and had a reheated smell. Worst part of experience was the waiter. He was very pushy and kept adding dishes we did not ask for, and had to keep asking to have items taken off. Also, apart from pushing dishes, he was not interested in being friendly to a family whilst falling over himself over a group on company meal on next table. Finally the manager who was friendly did not apply open table advertised discount to bill until pointed out. They did not have our opentable booking on arrival until I had to point it out on list- attempt to not apply discount from the off I think. Only positive was that with discount this was reasonably priced in the end. Bad evening.
- No ambience. food made us all feel.SabeenaDined on 14/3/2014The restaurant smelt like bleach and other cleaning products. We ordered the butter chicken and tandoori chicken as appetisers. Butter chicken tasted bland and salty. The mains were all full of oil and made us bloated after a few mouthfuls. Definitely not returning or recommending.
- The restaurant was very wellcharanDined on 5/3/2014The restaurant was very well kept with a ambient décor. Although there was long intervals between food served the service and food was a delight and thoroughly enjoyed by the entire party. Pricing was set at a more premium level in comparison to competitors within the local area, however the quality of food is very high.Special Features:
- Would not go again.TobyDined on 22/2/2014The food was mediocre for the price and the service was abysmal, had to constantly remind the waiters what we asked for. Some of the waiters came across as impatient and rude.Special Features:
- Amazing food and the serviceShazDined on 14/2/2014Amazing food and the service was excellent. Friendly polite staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it and love it for lifechrisdDined on 8/2/2014Just amazing, first went 2 years ago and cannot entertain the idea of eating this cuisine anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant food-outstanding serviceKiKiDined on 6/2/2014We always come to this restaurant and we have never been let down. We have always received the best service, and the guys here always cater to our needs.Special Features:
- white tablecloth indian in southallfrenchdinerDined on 6/2/2014I have been a few times to Madhus and the food is still very nice. wide variety of staters and main for both veg and non veg. The veg selection seems to have improved so well done. It's not a crazy ambience type of restaurant but it's still nice and the service is goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitPandaDined on 29/1/2014I have heard great things about Madhu and glad I finally made it. Good service. Tasty. Not the cheapest in Southall, but certainly a more sophisticated experience than most in the area. Worth the extra few pounds, especially as portion sizes are generous and we went on 20% off offer from Top Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE place to eatluv2dineDined on 26/1/2014The best food I have ever & I mean ever tasted in my life. The service was excellent, the waiters were excellent & the food was every thing I wanted & will make this my regular place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Madhu's is the real experiancePhilipPVIPDined on 10/1/2014We have sampled many Indian restaurants, and we are very fortunate to have had the opportunity to travel around north and south India to taste the various regional dishes. We highly recommend Madhu's. Although the menu is relatively short each dish is fantastic, tasty and varied. We have returned many times and always find something new to try. Would highly recommend meat eaters to try the vegtarian dishes. The bill is always small compared with the high quality. Try it yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, gut-busting selectionSassyMzDined on 7/12/2013Fantastic, gut-busting selection of food, recommended by our server. Service was superb! A wonderful experience for a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, service, ambienceAC75Dined on 30/11/2013Fantastic food, service, ambience and value for money. We've dined here on several occasions and every time has been outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceMensahDined on 30/11/2013This place is amazing!! If you haven't been..................... you need to go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked the food and feltBhajanDined on 29/11/2013I liked the food and felt it was value for money . although the service is not as good as it use to be when I was there 8 months ago.. The table was a bit flimsy.The bill was a bit of a shock as it did not include the discount for booking via Toptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh My God - best everchrisdDined on 2/11/2013amazingly authentic food served by passionate people in a friendly way. definitely ate too much but didn't want to leave without trying as many dishes as possible going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 398 reviews are from the Madhu's reviews archive.
- Great Food as Usual!nipri1Dined on 20/10/2013Madhus has never disappointed me. I have been going to Madhus for over 25 years because the food, service, ambience & now value through Top Table is outstanding. My favourite vegetarian dish is Palak Panner & my meat eating friends love Jeera Chicken. ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodqueenieDined on 20/10/2013Really enjoyed our meal - the staff where great and would definitely recommend it,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food, great service!SheenBDined on 16/10/2013I booked Madhu's for my dad''s 60th Birthday and it was brilliant. I have been before but I think it has some of the tastiest indian food around. We went with the 20% off offer and the royal set menu which was a little of everything for £16 per person after discount. We had huge portions and left feeling fully and satisfied. The service from Nitesh was excellent and he remembered us from having served us for my mum's birthday. He really treated us well that night and they even put a sparkler in my dad's dessert and wrote happy birthday which surprised him. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Opkar's birthday surpriseJudes1Dined on 7/10/2013Restaurant could not have done more to make it a great evening and, everything went well. The pre-vist phonecall, the welcome when we arrived, the taking of our order, the ambience, the speed of service, the attention to detail, the response to last minute requests made this a wonderful evening. The only reason I'd probably eat at another restaurant in Southall, is because Madhus is fully bookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceAngelDined on 14/9/2013The food was average not as good as I expected. Service was very slow we waited 20 mins before being given the dinner menu.
- Fabulous FoodCarlsbergDined on 21/7/2013Madhu's provided me and my group of girls a fantastic set menu for my Birthday. There was soooo much food, we even took some home with us. Food was tasty and filling.....with varied spice levels to keep everyone happy. Service was good but one down point was we didnt get our tea/coffee at the end as they wanted to close up....felt a bit rushed out at the end so maybe book for an earlier time to make the most of it. I'll be back to Madhu's as its just good, wholesome Indian food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- The best thing outside of India !HelenaDined on 22/6/2013If you are a lover of genuine Indian food then Madhu's is for you ! Never before in the UK have we tasted such authentic and wonderful food. Everything is fresh, tasty and will leave you doubting any other Indian food you eat in this country. If you want the next best thing to actually being in India then you must go here. The customer service is excellent and all the waiters are friendly and do their best to assist you throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too spicynicenspicyDined on 16/6/2013Half of our party loved the food and enjoyed the spicyness. Sadly the other half struggled to eat food that was labelled as "mild". Not everyone can cope with such strong "heat".Special Features:
- Madhu's is always greatPhilipPVIPDined on 24/5/2013Madhu's has always been our favourite destination for Indian food. We eat meat but the vegetarian options are usually tasty and would recommend that you try. The food (and wine!) is outstanding value for money, and we always get treated well. We will keep on returning - tip try to go upstairs as downstairs can be a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go veggie at MadhusmaxiDined on 1/5/2013The vegetable dishes all had distinctive flavourings, unlike in many Indian restaurants. The lentils, aubergines and bhindi were very good; the chicken was a bit more average. Excellent value for money, good service and attractive decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They will cancel your bookingADBSDined on 27/4/2013We booked our table for Saturday evening , got a call at lunch time, saying the had not confirmed our booking from top table. On further enquiry turns out the had got a big group booking and they had to fobb off the customers who had booked before. Offered to booked me with their sister company, but felt really let down. Ohh well million other places to eat with better customer service.