Malaga Tapas Glasgow
213-215 St Andrew"s Road
Glasgow, G41 1PDNeighbourhood:
SpanishPrice: £25 and under
Malaga Tapas Glasgow
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.malagatapas.co.uk/
- Phone: 01414294604
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm – 10pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can provide outside catering service.
A word from Malaga Tapas Glasgow
Al-Andaluz was the Arabic name given to a nation in the Iberian Peninsula during the 7th century. At Malaga Tapas Restaurant we try to bring the gastronomy of these golden years, which owes a lot to their geographic position, also to the weather and the lack of firewood. Homes did not have indoor ovens because it was too hot and most cooking was stove-top outside of the houses, making food and friends was of vital importance in social life. Spaniards normally act and speak in an informal and spontaneous manner and guests traditionally linger in an atmosphere that encourages friendly interaction.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Malaga Tapas Glasgow reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since 24 October 2013
fit for foodies (26)pre/post theatre (22)special occasions (21)romance (20)group bookings (18)outstanding value (17)good vegetarian options (15)business meals (11)child friendly (11)sunday lunch (4)brunch (3)disabled access (1)Show More
- Great findGrahamdDined on 4/10/2014Found this resturant through top table looking for somewhere near the citizens theatre for a per-theatre meal 3 tapas & a dessert for £12.95. Great food and great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tapas in glasgowxxxxxxxxxxDined on 23/8/2014Love the food in this restaurant. Great tapas selection at a good price. Lovely lively atmosphere with live Spanish music on occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure if I would go backSandra9Dined on 15/8/2014On arriving at the restaurant it was a bit chaotic at the front desk but can live with that. All the staff were very helpful. Having been before I knew that the seats were very uncomfortable so brought my own cushion but had to smile when I saw another customer walking out with a cushion under his arm (owner please take note). The menus were really difficult to read, partly due to the font style and low lighting, would help if menus were clearer, however nice ambiance in the restaurant. Would I go back? Possibly not due to the standard of food, but comfort of chairs and difficulty with menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic food, friendly atmosphereGargantuaDined on 8/8/2014We caught a taxi out from Glasgow city centre because of the reviews we'd seen. We weren't disappointed. The friendly welcome, good service and really good tapas were delightful. Food and wine choices were very good. This is a small space with a lot of noise but the decor is interesting and is certainly reminiscent of any tapas bar in Spain, an atmosphere the owners have worked hard to create. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and friendly staffTakorongaDined on 2/8/2014Tasty tapas served in busy friendly restaurant. Great paella!! Nice to have found such a great place on the south side, easy to get to, you can even park nearby or the underground is a short walk and yet don't have to compromise on the food. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tapas at last in GlasgowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/7/2014I'd never heard of this restaurant before but read the restaurant critic review and thought I'd try it. I and my companions were instantly impressed by the ambience when we walked in. The music was properly Spanish, the waiters friendly and the decor attractive. The menu has a wide selection of tapas to suit all tastes and some interesting new tapas I'd not seen before. The service was excellent and the tapas were all really good. All 5 of us said we must come back. I love tapas but feel there is a lot of low grade tapas style eating in Glasgow, which gives it a bad name. This stands out as worthy of praise and well worth coming back to.Special Features:
- Friendly and Unhurriedfoodie2Dined on 3/7/2014For the second time we arrived towards the end of lunchtime service and again were made to feel that we had all the time in the world. Offer of three tapas for £6.95 is fantastic value. Don't miss the goat's cheese and pomegranate molasses! The specials menu was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value tasty lunchSherlockDined on 25/6/2014£6.95 for 3 tapas lunch offer. We were out for a colleague's leaving lunch, the food was good, service great and great value. The service was fast which suited as we had to get back to work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 20/6/2014Excellent food and service. Everyone very friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 16/6/2014I visited Malaga with two friends early one evening during the week. This was my first visit. The food was excellent and the service and advice on choice of tapas was also very good. The sangria and wine were also good. I would certainly return to Malaga.Special Features:
- Great Food, ok serviceRossDined on 17/5/2014We had booked dinner on Saturday night on the recommendation of a work colleague. We arrived at 7.30 to see a queue of about 4 or 5 people outside the door. We waited about 15 minute to be seated. The staff were very polite and apologized profusely for the delay in seating us. Once seated we were served drinks promptly. We were then asked politely if we would mind moving tables as there was a larger group of people arriving during service. I would normally have been disgruntled by this but the manager was very polite and we received a free appetizer as a way of thanks. Once the food arrived, we were happy as it was of a high standard and extremely enjoyable and great value for money. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annieappleDined on 17/5/2014We had a wonderful evening The staff are soooo friendly and helpful and the food was delicios!!!Special Features:
- Delicious authentic tapasflashmanDined on 5/5/2014Booked for lunch my sister and was surprised by the fantastic value lunchtime tapas deal. The food was just as delicious as descibed in the variety of review sites I checked before booking and the Sangria is home made. The staff were pleasant and attentive despite a party booking being there at the same time. Highly recommended to anyone with even a passing interest in Spanish food.Special Features:
- Amazing foodBlueEyesDined on 1/5/2014Malaga Tapas is a little out of the way from central Glasgow, but very worth the short subway ride. The variety and quality of food is excellent, with something to suit all tastes. We had a mixture of fish, meat and vegetarian dishes, and without exception they were full of flavour, and perfectly sized. Be sure to ask for bread so you can mop up the sauces...you won't want to leave anything behindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic TapasTopNotchTapasDined on 19/4/2014We were cat-sitting for my wife's son in the south side and searched for a good nearby resturant and this one was highly recommended. Now we've joined the ranks of their happy customers. Everything was excellent - everything! It's out of the way, but well worth the trip for top notch tapas.Special Features:
- Great TapasIanWDined on 19/4/2014I have been to Malaga Tapas several times now and keep going back as the quality of the food and service is great and well priced. The tables are a little cramped, however the atmosphere and foodmakeit worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014lovely, friendly and welcoming with delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great atmospheremrchisDined on 4/4/2014Doesn't look too appealing from the outside but don't be put off great food and lively atmosphere and very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spanish tapasKandSDined on 31/3/2014Fantastic food as always. We love to eat in Malaga Tapas but it's a little out of our way so don't manage as often as we would like. Can't wait to go back again though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic spanishstrathbungoDined on 22/3/2014Malaga Tapas remains an authentic corner of Spain hiding in Glasgow's southside. A relaxed informal dining experience is what to expect, nothings ed in Spain, so don't expect any different here, just relax and enjoy the evening and even try out your Spanish if you want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambianceFimacDined on 22/3/2014Had dinner here on a Saturday night, food was superb, freshly cooked to order and piping hot, excellent selection, nice authentic feel and great ambiance, no problem with parking, good value for money and the staff were very friendly - the only small complaint was that it was a while before anyone took our drinks order, but it was busy. Otherwise would highly recommend, everyone in my party thoroughly enjoyed the evening and look forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceColumboDined on 15/3/20141st timers with mixed feelings about what to expect having read the reviews. The place had a great atmosphere and was bursting at the seams - a bit too burtsting! The staff were friendly and attentive and when the food came we were not disappointed. Having opted for the set menu for two with one extra dish, we almost needed chairs to wheel us out as we were so full. Great choice, a bit of everything and good value for money. However, I would not go there if wanting to chat about anything personal or controversial as tables were far too close together. We would definitely go back and the sooner the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A genuine Spanish and tapasniftynoshDined on 14/3/2014A genuine Spanish and tapas restaurant, not like the usual pretenders! With excellent food, the most warm, friendly and knowledgeable staff and a relaxed Spanish atmosphere, you are made to feel special and that your enjoyment really matters. We will be back very soon!Special Features:
- 2nd visit was as good as the firstcbSaintDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant is authentic with favours that are very fresh. The portion sizes are just right and the staff are attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMGW1Dined on 14/2/2014Went to Malaga Tapas for a very nice valentines day dinner. The staff were very friendly, quick service & attentive. A very nice setting although we were fortunate to get a good table it is a relatively small restaurant and I saw a few tables near the food service window which I wouldn't have been happy to be seated at. Food was very good and came very quickly. I'll definitely be back and have already recommended it to people. Also my girlfriend was given a rose as we left which I thought was a very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meal 4 twolove2eatDined on 13/2/2014mmeal choice for 2 on the standard menu is an excellent value +variable in the choice to suit all tastes.the singer on a saturday night was brill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Tapas indeedBobcatDined on 9/2/2014I believe this little gem would do any meal time proud. This was our first time and we tried the pre theatre option which was more than enough. With no choice restrictions of tapas selection we had our favourite selections and with Tea and coffeee included. The choices were extensive (I have already picked my next choices when we revisit). The service was friendly and efficient and it was great to be presented with samples of new recipes. Topped off with a refreshing liquer(again on the house) it rounded off the experience. Also Loved the music Excelent y le da las graciasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still on top of their game!BobelixDined on 17/1/2014I eat here, with friends and family members, around once a month. The service is always excellent, the staff are very friendly and attentive, the wine is first-class and, compared to other Glasgow restaurants, very reasonably priced. The food is terrific! I love all the seafood options and the pinchos morunos, but it's all good - the lamb stew we had this time was melting soft and delicious. There was also free entertainment by Spanish bolero singer, Elisa, and I was also invited to unpack my guitar and play what I remember from when I used to live in Córdoba. The place is, in fact, very musician friendly - there are a couple of house guitars and Ken McCluskey of the Bluebells has been known to give an impromptu set. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraziasJeanieDined on 28/12/2013Lovely authentic Spanish tapas in a twinkly, cosy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemGlasgowGirlsDined on 27/12/2013This tapas restaurant is a hidden gem less than two miles south of the city centre. The menu is extensive and every dish was exceptional. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleaseMarjeDined on 6/12/2013Have been to Malaga at least six times for lunch and once in the evening. The food is great, brilliant value at lunchtime, and the staff just couldn't be more obliging.Special Features:
- poor value for moneyEuniceDined on 11/11/2013The restaurant is very pleasant to dine in. Service was friendly but what poor value for money. 6 tapas ordered and one dessert and we left still quite hungry. e.g chorizo in wine was one small sausage cut into 4 meagre mouthfulls. around £5
- The following 71 reviews are from the Malaga Tapas Glasgow reviews archive.
- Authentic Spanish TapasglasgowgirlDined on 14/10/2013On a cold night entering the warm environment of Malaga tapas gets you in the holiday mood. Lovely spanish music and spanish speaking staff. The tapas selection is extensive, its so fresh and they use decent oil in the cooking ,not like some tapas chains. Its never too busy through the week but you do need to book at the weekend . Great value pre theatre and lunch menu. Great place for catching up with friends. Staff very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top tapasBellaMDined on 28/9/2013A friend recommended this restaurant. It's not near where we live, but she raved about it, so 4 of us made the trek. It was worth it. We had 3 dishes each - I can only vouch for the vegetarian ones: patatas bravas, paella, roasted vegetables and mushrooms. All delicious and the meat / fish eaters said the same. A very reasonable Rioja washed it all down. A couple of quibbles prevent it from being 5 stars all round. We went on a Saturday night and it was very busy (definitely book), which meant that service was a little slow at first - but hey, we had the whole evening so it didn't matter too much. Also, the tables are packed very close together and the chairs are very upright so it was a bit uncomfortable. But we'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- excellent place to eatkazzabeatDined on 21/9/2013Had a great meal. Chatted to several employees and food was amazing. Will definately returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of Southern SpainAandLDined on 21/9/2013A short walk from Shields subway station and a pleasant evening sampling the chef's choices with a set menu for 2 which we found good for the two of us and our 15 year old son with top ups. The staff gave us an excellent introduction to the various items on the menu and the write up on the historical recipes from Andalusia were really interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Malaga Tapas is a little gemlovetoeatout02Dined on 14/9/2013Malaga Tapas is a little gem of a place. Outstanding value for money and the food was great. Really lovely atmosphere and the staff were very attentive and friendly. Will definatly be going back now that I've found it. Only thing was, I booked through top table but Malaga Tapas had no record of this, but they still took us no bother so all was fine.Special Features:
- As good as advertised!Rx7momDined on 5/9/2013Food and staff were excellent. Will gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go when there are deals onpw83Dined on 1/9/2013Food is fantastic but tapas portions are smaller than some other tapas restaurants. If you pay full price, it'll be expensive if you want to avoid a chippy on the way home :) recommend 5 dishes per person. Staff are v helpful and friendly and food hot and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always fresh toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 30/8/2013The food is always fresh to your table and very filling. Little bit of Spain in Glasgow Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.