10 - 12 Kentish Town Road
London, NW1 8NHNeighbourhood:
CaribbeanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mangoroom.co.uk/index.html
- Phone: 02074825065
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 12:00pm - 11:00pm Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mango Room
It's in the heart of hippest Camden Town, with classic ska and reggae wafting through the air, and an excellent vibe from the young, personable crowd who come to drink and meet. You'll be tempted to book the Mango Room before you even hear about the food. It's great - a fusion of traditional and modern Caribbean cuisine. Favourites include curry goat with hot pepper, scallions, pimento and spices, or chargrilled jerk chicken with jerk sauce. Do not miss the mango and banana brulee.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mango Room reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lovely foodDinerDined on 14/7/2012The dining experience at mango room was excellent, the food was lovely well presented. I went with some friends and we had a great evening. I probably wouldn't recommend it for a romantic night out unless you book early before the crowds arrive as it got really busy and noisy with the hustle and bustle of other diners. The music playing in the background added to the wonderful authentic experience very classy. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Mango Room, CamdenKarwilDined on 2/7/2012Expensive. Too modern a style of cooking.Trying to be nouvelle cuisine! Would have much preferred the traditional type of dishes that the Caribbean is famous for. The fish was not fresh, perhaps frozen for a long time. The curried goat was delicious, but portion small. In fact, the portions of all the mains were small which meant we had to order a lot more, bringing our bill up. Will not return nor recommend.
- Mango Room's jerk chickenfoodDined on 30/6/2012Mango Room's jerk chicken is still the best, which complimented the Carribean Champagne Cocktail well. Will go back there again and again.Special Features:
- Caribbean ExperiencectfoodieDined on 9/6/2012We lunched at the Mango Room on 9 June. "Campden's famous" goat curry did not disappoint, and the starters especially the Tempura of snapper were above average. The service was very laid back and friendly but still efficient and the whole meal was a delightful experience which will repeat again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango room. Been there plentySCGWDined on 16/5/2012Mango room. Been there plenty of times. Good food, good service, good value, good ambience. Always a hit.Special Features:
- lovely food, friendly staffStar55Dined on 12/5/2012lovely food, friendly staff would definitely go again
- Good atmosphere, friendlySamsonDined on 11/5/2012Good atmosphere, friendly staff and tasty food. Portions a little on the small size but overall a good experience.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2012portion sizes small, service not of a quality to justify the price
- Mango Room, Camden. Had aNicNac75Dined on 4/5/2012Mango Room, Camden. Had a great meal with friends on 4th May. The food was amazing - especially their famous goat curry!
- Dinner at the Mango RoomGourmetGirlDined on 29/4/2012I absolutely love the Mango Room. It's not near where I live but I vow to return there as much as possible. Not only is it great fun and a bit different but the food is absolutely delicious and the cocktails are great too. Thumbs up from me and all my work colleagues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a really nice time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 21/4/2012I had a really nice time at Mango Rooms in Camden. The food was delicious! The only thing I would say was lacking was the atmosphere - it was really quiet (probably because it was lunch time) and I think there was a staff shortage, however the lady working there was very apologetic and a lovely waitress.
- Mango Rooms is a great place,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 20/4/2012Mango Rooms is a great place, great food, good value for the quality of food & service! Always excellent atmosphere...is becoming one of my favourite restaurants!!! Highly reccommended - especially the Curry Goat or the Creole seafood Casserole & Roti....amazing!! Thanks again Mango Rooms for a wicked night!!! xx
- 'Camden's famous goat curry'KelbeVIPDined on 18/4/2012'Camden's famous goat curry' at Mango Room was delicious! My friend had the vegetarian risotto which was presented beautifully and also great. We shared cod fritters and sweet potato & plantain fritters to start and roti and a salad on the side. We couldn't manage dessert! Thumbs up for the food, not so the service. We felt forgotten even though the restaurant wasn't full. Service was slow and our sides didn't arrive until we reminded the waitress, our mains getting cold in the meantime.
- I ate the Curry Goat withReshmavDined on 17/4/2012I ate the Curry Goat with Rice and Peas at The Mango Room and it was lovely! The price was reasonable too. However I felt that the price of the desert was a bit high. overall I enjoyed it and would go again!
- Mango Room was a delight greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 13/4/2012Mango Room was a delight great atmostphere, food was beautifully presented and the service warm and welcoming
- I had booked a table for myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012I had booked a table for my husband and myself to celebrate his birthday. We were running late, I called the restaurant to inform them, they were quite accomodating. The staff were very polite and the service was exempary.
- Been to the Mango Room manyJaneDined on 12/4/2012Been to the Mango Room many times before and it's always top notch - the cocktails are fantastic and the food first rate. Took my mum there for the first time and she loved it too. Will definitely be returning next time I'm in Camden!
- Pleasant, classy ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012Pleasant, classy ambience. Efficient, friendly service. Excellent, flavoursome food for all three courses. Has become a favourite place to dine for my girlfriend and I.
- Really good food just offclubenglandDined on 6/4/2012Really good food just off camdens main street. Mains don't come with a side, is probably the only criticism. Friendly staff and a good all round meal
- This is my favourite restaurantbertlesDined on 2/4/2012I love the decor (bright batiks) but most of all, I love eating here. This is like a fancy version of home-cooking for me, so I bring my family here for special occasions. Also, one of the barmen gave me a sensational recipe for a mojito that I have taken with me around the world. Made me look good, so I have to give the Mango Room a great review !Special Features:
- NiiiiceSmayjorlayDined on 1/4/2012The food was good, the service was friendly. What more could you ask for!? Would go again, and reccommend to mates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango Room - Camden Town,PhilBDined on 30/3/2012Mango Room - Camden Town, London: Late afternoon - reception and service was friendly and efficient. Salt Cod Fritters with Apple Chutney and Tempura of Snapper with Chilli Sauce starters: delicious, delicate flavours. Both fish main courses were perfect. Great mango and banana brûlée for desert. 3 excellent courses and 3 Kirin beers came in at just over £25 a head (without service which is entirely discretionary). I'll be visiting again for sure.
- Thoroughly enjoyed the MangoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 18/3/2012Thoroughly enjoyed the Mango Room, excellent food, excellent service.
- Dined here numerous timestherockstar111Dined on 18/3/2012Dined here numerous times and has always been a delight. Excellent!
- Great cocktails, tasty foodannawiDined on 14/3/2012Great cocktails, tasty food and friendly service. A welcoming, relaxing and intimate haven in Camden Town. Service slow, which was fine for us, but probably not one to choose if you're in a hurry! Very enjoyable, will definitely return to the Mango Room soon!
- lovely food as usual. reasonablydidzVIPDined on 11/3/2012lovely food as usual. reasonably priced. very friendly staff
- Two of us went to dinner atkjahDined on 10/3/2012Two of us went to dinner at the Mango Rooms, Camden. Excellent food as always!
- Mango Room Camden for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/3/2012Mango Room Camden for our 9th Anniversary and the food was delicious, I was stuffed. Had fish cakes for starters; ordered more as they were delicious!!! For our main we had the Curry Goat with rice & peas,plantain and roti. The meat was succulent and there was enough sauce to make good use of the roti. : ) we were given a glass of champagne on the house, to mark our special day. Would Recommend:The atmosphere, attentive & friendly staff and the fruitiest rum punch you've ever tasted
- Mango Room in Camden providedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 26/2/2012Mango Room in Camden provided inspired food and quality staff for an extremely enjoyable evening out.
- Having tried various CaribbeanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 25/2/2012Having tried various Caribbean restaurants in the Camden area the Mango Room has got my vote. The Mango Room cannot be beaten on quality, you get the following in abundance: “Brilliant service, Brilliant staff, Sensational food” Cannot wait to go back
- Great food and drinks butcwolfeVIPDined on 18/2/2012Great food and drinks but service is spotty. Very Caribbean.
- Went to Mango Room in CamdenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 14/2/2012Went to Mango Room in Camden Town for a valentines day meal with my fiancé. There was a wide selection of dishes available on the special set menu. We had ackee & salt fish, buffalo wings, goat curry, seabass, mango sorbet and flambéed bananas. Very happy with the food, the ambiance and the service (very speedy). There was slight confusion when we arrived as our toptable reservation didn't seem to have been received by the restaurant but they still managed to find us a table.
- Wow... great Jamaican foodMarkDDined on 11/2/2012Wow... great Jamaican food and cocktails. Lovely evening, authentic Caribbean.
- Great food, drinks and atmosphere.cwolfeVIPDined on 10/2/2012Great food, drinks and atmosphere. Will definitely go back.
- the meal and the servise wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2012the meal and the servise was first rate, would recomed it to anyone, portions were not large but very filling,would go again next time I'm down camden,thank you from a satisfied customer
- I had a fantastic meal atRHLondonDined on 3/2/2012I had a fantastic meal at Mango Room, London. Definitely a hidden gem and would recommend it.
- Great food as always and reasonablydidzVIPDined on 29/1/2012Great food as always and reasonably priced. The avocado salad is a must. Very friendly staff.
- I went to the Mango Room inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 28/1/2012I went to the Mango Room in Camden on a Saturday night with my boyfriend, as we fancied trying something new. The food certainly didn't disappoint and was really tasty. The restaurant was packed but the service was still very good, and we thought that the food and drinks were pretty good value for central London. I'd definitely recommend it if you want a relaxed evening with good food.
- I went to Mango rooms in camdenStar55Dined on 22/1/2012I went to Mango rooms in camden on a sunday and it was pleasantly quiet where the staff were very accommodating and the food and drinks were brought in good time. I have been many times and it never fails to disappoint.
- A great find.Real buzz toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 21/1/2012A great find.Real buzz to place and excellent selection of fish and vegetarian food.Great for a fun Saturday night out.