46 Grosvenor Place
London, SW1X 7EQNeighborhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mangotree.org.uk/
- Phone: 02078231888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.00 pm - 2.30pm
Sunday: 12.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6.00 pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm
Sunday: 6.00 pm - 10.00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Oad Soonthorn Apaipat
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide an extensive range of outside catering. Please contact our reservation team for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Mango Tree is a unique venue for functions like weddings, launches, shows or conferences due to our vast experience in hosting larger events.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Restaurant 02078231888
A word from Mango Tree
Mango Tree London brings a little piece of Thailand to Belgravia, with a stylish interior, welcoming atmosphere, warm Thai hospitality and award-winning food; ideally placed five minutes from Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station. The carefully chosen menu has been devised by renowned pan-Asian chef Ian Pengelley, and incorporates flavours from the four corners of Thailand, in dishes such as Pla Boran – crispy sea bass fillet with mango salad and Ped MaKahm – succulent duck breast with sweet and sour tamarind sauce, as well as classics such as fresh Pad Thai with grilled giant king prawns and creamy Thai green curry.Compliment your meal by choosing from Mango Tree’s extensive wine list, sourced by experts from Europe’s finest vineyards. Yourexperience will befurther enhancedby slick, superior service from dedicated staff, committed to going all out to ensure your meal is memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mango Tree - Best restaurants in Victoria ›
Mango Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
1031 reviews since 21 May 2014
special occasions (428)business meals (409)group bookings (339)fit for foodies (279)good vegetarian options (268)pre/post theatre (260)romance (258)outstanding value (86)sunday lunch (65)disabled access (46)child friendly (42)brunch (42)outdoor eating (10)afternoon tea (9)Show More
- anonymousDined on 14/9/2014The food was tasty but the portions were small- more like a taster menu. The décor inside needs much to be desired. It is not a place to impress ones friends or business associates especially considering the prices they charge..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Although the space was beautiful and food was good, it was ruined by the poor and I attentive service. We will not return
- Group of 6MullyDined on 13/9/2014We had a booking for 6 at 6.30pm on a Saturday evening. The restaurant called in the morning to confirm the booking. We were immediately shown to our table when we arrived. The tables are very close together but, as we were a group of 6 at a circular table, it didn't bother us. Starters and mains were very tasty - clean plates all round. We ordered a couple of desserts to share - I wouldn't recommend the brownie as it tasted more like chocolate sponge, but the other dessert was good. I was very happy with the service. There was a delay in taking our drinks order after we sat down, but after that our wine and water glasses were kept topped up all evening and everyone that we dealt with in the restaurant was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Nice Experience but a little marredOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/9/2014Overall, excellent food and definitely a step up from most thai restaurants, but then you pay more too. Few niggles, for example asking me to pay £2/head for the right to ring a birthday cake to the restaurant and poorly spoken with at the front desk as a result. And that the 25% food off offer is subject to every person in the group ordering a starter and a main course...But overall, pretty decent.
- A fair night outFoodloverDined on 12/9/2014I've been to Mango Tree several times over the years and it's good restaurant for group bookings. The staff are attentive and the restaurant is a nice space. In terms of the food I found it okay, I've certainly had better at other restaurants for better value for money. I ordered a pork starter and duck main and found them both to be on the tough side which was disappointing, particularly as they are two of my favourite things. Overall, the guests I was with seemed to enjoy their starters and mains, two of them ordered sea food. Would I go again? Possibly as it is local to me - I have enjoyed the food before so maybe it was a bad night.Special Features:
- GoodFdlvDined on 11/9/2014Very good food but very over priced I guess that's the norm in that area of London I've had just as good thai food much cheaper. However I've been there three times and it's been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceSumonDined on 11/9/2014The food was of good quality. After setting the tone with a pleasingly crunchy battered soft shell crab and chilli sauce,the subsequent thai prawn curry was thick with a delightfully fishy undertone. Equally moreish were the lamb chops, cooked exactly as I had requested. However if selecting the 50% offer, please be careful to ensure your chosen dish is included in the deal. Our waiter claimed to have highlighted the exemptions..he hadn't! Coupled with his constant sarcastic and condescending sniping, this resulted in a disappointing dining experience. In fairness, the manager listened to and agreed with our complaints and promptly discounted all our food at 50% and removed the 'optional' service chage that had been added on.
- Good food but forgot give 50% offap22VIPDined on 10/9/2014Booked via opentable with 50% off food offer. Food and dining experience was good but they forgot to give us discountSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, friendly serviceLovejapanDined on 10/9/2014Although the restaurant was a little loud for conversation, it did well to create an atmosphere in the large dining room, which was not full (midweek). Service was friendly and efficient. Food was nice overall, but the lamb massaman was delicious, albeit a little difficult to cope with as the lamb was served as a shank in a bowl with sauce nearly up to the rim. Would still order it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzy BelgraviaIRofRVIPDined on 10/9/2014Interesting Thai restaurant near Victoria Station, looking out onto a busy road with the spiked railings of Buckingham Palace Gardens on the opposite side. The wide choice of food was very good, the atmosphere vibrant. I would strongly recommend.
- You need to improve your food.MrTTheVoiceDined on 9/9/2014Pleasing surroundings alone do not make a good restaurant. The flavour is sadly lacking in the food. It tastes like pseudo Thai food rather than actual Thai food. What a waste of corn fed chicken.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!WorldfoodDined on 9/9/2014Came here with a group of friends recently. The food was delicious and the service was just right (friendly, polite but not intrusive). I would definitely recommend this place, particularly if there is a good deal available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't fault itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014good food, good service, nice ambience and nice location. ticks all the boxes for me. the fact that a third of my bill was knocked off through the toptable offer makes it even more attractive!Special Features:
- Good but too priceyLondonfoodie82Dined on 6/9/2014Ambiance and service I thought were very good. Busy and bustling and our waitress was very attentive and informative. The food was good too but overpriced for what you get. I don't mind paying for great food, and although enjoyable, their prices aren't justified in my view.Special Features:
- gorgeous!TroyLovesFoodDined on 6/9/2014Took my boyfriend here for his 26th Birthday, spent a fortune but it was so worth it. The staff treated us like royalty, always made sure we we're happy. Will definitely be returning again :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok but pricey & dull serviceAlexanderDined on 6/9/2014Expensive without the voucher which is only on selected dishes, others 25% off or not at all. 2starters, 2mains, 1rice, 1veg, 1glass of wine and 1soft drink=£72 (after discount) Service for me was biggest gripe. Dull and transactional. They literally ask the T&Cs of your booking at the table. It's made very clear you have 2hours which was fine, and we were out in 80mins. Had a 6:30 reservation on a Sat, which we were early to. Got asked three times if we were ready to order, similar to drink ordering. Plates removed whilst still chewing last mouthful. Wife was also in bathroom when the food arrived which for this type of restaurant would expect them to wait for her return. For me London has better and more enjoyable Thai dining elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyableNigelDined on 6/9/2014Four of us came here for a post theatre Saturday evening meal. We chose the pre-theatre menu, which has a wide range of options. the cost is still verging towards a premium price but we couldn't fault the food. We had pleasant and proficient service from our waitresses. The atmosphere was building nicely from half empty (we had our booking at 6pm when the restaurant opens) to almost full by the time we left. I'd happily go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodChelsiboo123Dined on 5/9/2014This was my first time at Mango Tree and I was very impressed. The food was great and the portions were perfect too. I went with 2 other friends and they were both pleased with their dishes. All well cooked and tasty! I only bought one cocktail but it wasn't satisfying as it seemed to be lacking in alchohol but my friends were happy with theirs. Nevertheless I'd definitely go again and recommend to others. I would say the menu is pricey, but the Open Table 25/50% off is a great incentive and the restaurant should look at permanently reducing their prices slightly to keep customers coming back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impromptu date nightFoodLoveDined on 4/9/2014We arrived slightly late with only 45mins to go for our theatre show to start. We informed the waitress that we were short on time and she was very accommodating. We went for the 50% offer- 2 mains 2 starters. The food was delicious apart from the sticky rice accompaniment which was ridiculously stuck together like a tough patty! The menu selections were a bit limited in terms of the offer- they could do with another non-fried white fish selection for the health conscious! Having said that there were plenty of couples and families. The decor and ambience were charming and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappintedDisappointedDined on 4/9/2014Sorry, but this was not as expected. Maybe chose wrong dishes but the food was below average , even bland in my view. I had stir fired beef and it was tough and very salty. Room was very big and very noisy.
- Lovely sophisticated Thai foodExperiencedDinerDined on 3/9/2014I went here for dinner with a friend on a weeknight. We arrived at 6:30 and the restaurant was quite empty, however the staff, the decor and the music compensated for this. We had originally planned to use the 50% off main meals, however we couldn't resist having a signature dish each, which meant our discount was only 25% - however it was worth it. The staff were attentive and very friendly and the food excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and will visit again.Special Features:
- Mango Tree DinnerGmaHDined on 3/9/2014From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed. Excellent cocktails in the smart,intimate bar started the evening on a relaxing note.Service throughout was subtly efficient, prompt without making us feel rushed, as we took a while to choose drinks and meals because all the items on the menu looked tempting. The food we did select was excellent, fresh and flavourful and the egg-net over my dish was a fascinating work of art! The ambience is very relaxed and enhances a social occasion. Am looking forward to introducing other family members to this fine dining experience which is fast becoming our go to restaurant when in this area of London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjhmontyDined on 31/8/2014Always a pleasure to eat at the Mango Tree. Thai with a smile. More wine choice at the lower end of the price range would be good, but the wine available is always of good quality.Special Features:
- Halal Thai Fine DiningHalalfinedinerDined on 31/8/2014I decided to surprise my wife with a visit to Mango tree on our second anniversary. She had mentioned on numerous occasions that she had always wanted to go and having found out that the Beef and chicken were halal, i decided to give it a shot. First impressions were pleasant as on entering we were greeted with the lovely scent of Jasmine in the air. The friendly staff took us to our reserved table immediately and we were explained the menu. Starters arrived shortly after and were only surpassed in terms of taste by the mains. Star dish included - goong hom pa and the yum nuer. Loved them along with the red curry - Beef. I would happily recommend Mango tree as a restaurant to visit.Special Features:
- Good ambianceJuliajointDined on 30/8/2014Good food but not for the price expected better. The restuarant is nicely decorated. Have been there twice and that's enough. Enjoyed first experience more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was okFoodessDined on 30/8/2014The food was ok, but over priced. Very good they give 50% discount as this is actually what food should cost. The staff were friendly the decor & ambience was very good. Would go back but only if they have 50% discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysCforVendettaDined on 30/8/2014Food was great and so was the wine. The wine list could be expanded though. Even with 50% off food I still found it pricey for two, but then again I am a cheap stake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food...somewhat costlyMissyBDined on 30/8/2014Food was delicious. Throughlying enjoyed the starters and the desert platter was heavenly. Booked via the open table website and had the 50% off food bill deal, but not everything on the menu was part of the deal so we still got a high bill! Great for special occasions though as it does feel like you are treating yourself! Will go again but not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beSonBDined on 29/8/2014My partner and I went to the mango tree for dinner for her birthday. I have been there before and the food was amazing therefore suggested we should go there. However I was very disappointed with the food, service and a wobbly table. As soon as we finished our starter our main arrived. Leaving no time for our starter to settle. I ordered the seabass in a banana leaf. Which was undercooked in some place and over in the rest. My partner ordered a medium steak which unfortunately was cooked well done. Unfortunately I will not be going there again and spending £150+Special Features:
- Anglicized Thai foodAmanDined on 29/8/2014We went there expecting the real deal given it is an extension of an outlet in Bangkok. Having lived in Bangkok for years I can readily say that this is simply not the real deal - even the simple ubiquitous soups were way off. If you want the real stuff give it a miss.
- Expensive without the dealkin001Dined on 28/8/2014Generally good although I think you can find equally good Thai food in London for less. I wouldn't go back without the 50% offer (25% on their signature dishes). Good location and easy to park after 630pm.
- mango treelove2eatDined on 26/8/2014Great food of high quality - good for both groups and couples and reasonable with the Open Table offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/8/2014The headsets that the waiters had were a distraction to the service they would have provided had they not existed. The service seemed designed to make the most of the customers budget and not their satisfaction or comfort. General feeling of lack of attention from staff to customer.
- Good value with top table offerFoodloverDined on 26/8/2014Lovely food in a nice setting. Toptable offer makes the meal very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/8/2014The staff were very friendly and delivered excellent customer service at all times, checking at intervals that everything was alright. We were also allowed to charge our phones and did need to produce our own chargers. The food was also amazing and of good portions. I fully recommend Mango Tree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place of a business mealTeejayDined on 26/8/2014We took advantage of the early evening dining offer for a table of seven - a nice way to entertain. The staff were great crediting a bottle of wine that we hadn't drunk - although had to wait forty minutes for the bill. The food was great - rich - but very good and we were all very impressed.Special Features:
- Good Value, Great serviceSarahDined on 26/8/2014Its been a while since I'd been to Mango Tree and this quick pre-theatre dinner at 6pm - £17 menu - was very good. Tasty and well presented food timed to perfection so that we felt we had time to enjoy but were on track to get to the theatre. Service is superb - very attentive and prompt. There were probably 12 - 14 table occupied at this time so ambience was good too - just a nice buzz of conversation against the background music.Drinks great - but expensive even by London standards (I think £4.80 for a bottle of water is a bit steep so suggest you ask for tap!)Special Features:
- RecommendedMickyDoomsDined on 25/8/2014Nice restaurant within easy walking distance of Victoria and surrounding theatres. Food on the expensive side but good quality. Service exceptional as you expect from a Thai place. Only slightly odd element to the evening was the presence of posters advertising an annual Ladyboy competition at the venue!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodMikeeDined on 23/8/2014The last time we went to Mango Tree was prsisly 11 years ago for my wife's birthday and it was wonderful back then. Returning after so much time to celebrate my wife's birthday again, it felt just as welcoming as we remember from all those years ago. The food is wonderful and served in a timely manor. The background music was set at the correct volume so as to create the right atmosphere as was the lighting. All In all a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but music a distractionLesB66Dined on 22/8/2014We had a lovely meal in Mango Tree last week, which using a special offer represented outstanding value. We chose the restauarnt after eating in its restaurant in Bangkok, which is also a great experience. Food was wonderful... so authentic... service was ok... but the continual loud club / house music was a distraction and no according to our taste...Special Features: