46 Grosvenor Place
London, SW1X 7EQNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mangotree.org.uk/
- Phone: 02078231888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.00 pm - 2.30pm
Sunday: 12.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6.00 pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm
Sunday: 6.00 pm - 10.00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Oad Soonthorn Apaipat
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide an extensive range of outside catering. Please contact our reservation team for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Mango Tree is a unique venue for functions like weddings, launches, shows or conferences due to our vast experience in hosting larger events.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Restaurant 02078231888
A word from Mango Tree
Mango Tree London brings a little piece of Thailand to Belgravia, with a stylish interior, welcoming atmosphere, warm Thai hospitality and award-winning food; ideally placed five minutes from Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station. The carefully chosen menu has been devised by renowned pan-Asian chef Ian Pengelley, and incorporates flavours from the four corners of Thailand, in dishes such as Pla Boran – crispy sea bass fillet with mango salad and Ped MaKahm – succulent duck breast with sweet and sour tamarind sauce, as well as classics such as fresh Pad Thai with grilled giant king prawns and creamy Thai green curry.Compliment your meal by choosing from Mango Tree’s extensive wine list, sourced by experts from Europe’s finest vineyards. Yourexperience will befurther enhancedby slick, superior service from dedicated staff, committed to going all out to ensure your meal is memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mango Tree - Best restaurants in Victoria ›
Mango Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
1027 reviews since 25 October 2013
special occasions (417)business meals (407)group bookings (337)fit for foodies (280)pre/post theatre (270)romance (265)good vegetarian options (264)outstanding value (80)sunday lunch (65)disabled access (43)brunch (42)child friendly (38)outdoor eating (11)afternoon tea (8)Show More
- Mango tree - Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/10/2014Efficient service, great food, substantial quantities and an enabling atmosphere for business discussions / pleasant eat out....Mango tree has it all.Special Features:
- My 21stFoodobsessed93Dined on 18/10/2014I went here with my best friend for my 21st birthday and it was without doubt some of the best food I've ever eaten. I would recommend the seafood platter to start! We only had to wait 5 minutes for our table and that was because we were early. They apologised for the time between the starter and main being 5-7 minutes- which is extremely quick! Staff were lovely and happily took lots of pictures of us. They kept our coat in a locked cloakroom and handed warm towels after the main course- very classy! It's been 2 days and I want to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night!GeorgeH1Dined on 18/10/2014I did some research on where I should take my girlfriend for our 4 year anniversary. I thought I would give Mango Tree a go, considering the reviews were good and we've not had Thai food for a while. The service was outstanding, from the moment we arrived we were welcomed and made at home, effortless. The food was brilliant and cocktails very tasty. The 'cherry on top' as they say, for our experience was when we ordered desert, a "Happy Anniversary" message was written in chocolate. It was a great way to end our experience showing the staff care for their customers. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast serviceBerlinersDined on 18/10/2014Great if you are short of time and want speedy service. Not so great if you want to linger and make an evening over it. I'm never impressed when service is automatically included, I believe service should be discretionary and based on service.Special Features:
- Nice presentationSharonDined on 18/10/2014We all enjoyed the food which was nicely presented. Whilst the 50% open table offer was welcome, there were too many exclusions and it was difficult to stop my guests choosing what they wanted from the menu bumping the price up. Staff very friendly and accommdating but keen to see us leave after 2 hours so no desserts for us.Special Features:
- Another very good mealNCRCDined on 18/10/2014Having had good experience previously we took two friends and were not disappointed. Very good service and very good food. Good size portions. Will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The deal of 25% off is not a dealLondonDeevaDined on 17/10/2014The service was ok, but the actual acoustics are too loud to have any kind of meaningful conversation and you are not shouting. The food was tasty and the portion sizes are good. However, once the bill came with the discount and then service which was not that great was added back on, the discount was something silly like £2-3! Not with it at all! I therefore would only recommend dining Sunday thru Thursday when it's 50% off. It's a shame.Special Features:
- Brilliant ServiceHungryHipposVIPDined on 16/10/2014We were very well attended to and enjoyed our foodSpecial Features:
- Post theatrePostWicked2Dined on 15/10/2014Happy with the quality of service we received. Staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Will definitely revisit !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango Tree Repeats it SuccessFuffVIPDined on 14/10/2014Consistant good food, Chicken Satay very succulent, friendly staff and efficient service. If only they would change the music tape which consists of one song on a loop that you can't get out of your mind for hours afterwards!Special Features:
- Good night outRosiDined on 14/10/2014Place is lovely with a nice bar area. All cleaned. Outstanding service and excellent food, fresh food. Quite pricey. Good to go with Open table 50% off on foodSpecial Features:
- FantasticVEGDINEDined on 14/10/2014Great ambience, service and the food is delicious. Not a complaint in me. Even the cocktails were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAIT and SWITCHPD474Dined on 14/10/2014Should have known better.. if the offer seems to good to be true then it usually is. I was drawn in by the 50% off food offer. However the a la carte menu is then divided between the "offer" menu items. and these offfers seem immediatley worthless - as rice and steamed greens will set you back another £12. The waiting staff consitently interrupted our conversations because they wanted to get our order/ push sales of more water etc. The dishes were presented well. but nothing outstanding.
- Lovely eveningStan1982Dined on 13/10/2014A return visit for me with 2 colleagues on the 50% off deal. Very friendly attentive staff and very accommodating even though we turned up late for our table. Due to deal we each had a starter and main course but no dessert (although I know their mango Creme brûlée is fabulous!!!). I had a couple of Singa beers and my friends a glass of wine each and we had 2 waters; total cost with discount was £40 per head; which bearing in mind location, quality etc we all thought was good value. Wish route to toilets was more inviting; feels like you're heading to a fire exit, but this is a small issue with overall satisfaction being very high!!! You will get cheaper venues of course, but not in Belgravia and not of this standard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wozzaDined on 11/10/2014got to be totally honest and say that I didnt think it offered great value for money in my opinion, the dishes themselves were ok but have eaten in other Restaurants with better dishes and for less money.. Service was faultless and attentive but too pricey for we had imo..Special Features:
- AmazingYinkzfoodieDined on 11/10/2014I'd been to mango tree before with friends. But this time went with family the service was amaing and efficient. Staff were soo polite and helpful. The potion size were more than enough but the quality was not compromised might i add the presentation of the dishes were fantastic and we barely had to wait for our dishes. One would think the food is pricey but it's definitely worth it, however they do offer amazing discounts of 25% and 50%!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near Victoria?NatBarnesDined on 11/10/2014Mango Tree is an excellent restaurant for anyone wishing to have a high quality Thai meal near Victoria - you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalFoodieDined on 11/10/2014Have been to the Mango Tree many times and it's a good upmarket Thai restaurant. Went there on this trip using the 50% top table special. Was very disspaointe to find that the 50% deal was for only a small part of the menu and the rest of the menu was offered at 25% off. I thought this was a very poor "bait and switch" tactic as all their signature dishes were excluded from the top table deal.Special Features:
- Great ambience, okay food.Foodaddict24Dined on 10/10/2014Great distance from victoria station so it's a great location. Ambience was very good! Perfect lighting, very homey and chilled. Good place for a first date I think. Will make a new couple feel comfortable. Service was great. Receptionist: Meh could have been friendlier. Food: okay so I'm a foodie so I expect food to make me curl my toes. So I will say that what my friend and I had did not make my eyes roll to the back of my head. I had the pineapple dish 260 I think and she had 240 or 250 (the lamb) All in all mediocre, not memorable. The drinks were great though. So I guess that's what racked up the bill. 99 Btn two ppl with no starters or dessert. Oh don't expect privacy on your table. I heard everything on the neighbouring table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PreTheatreLJ0707Dined on 10/10/2014Always worried about pre theatre meals as have so little time. No need here the service was immediate and very professional. Originally was going for 2 courses but had time for 3. Food was exquisite, beautiful flavours and in a great setting. We went with our two teenage children but would live to go back as a couple and eat from main menu. Thoroughly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndiraDined on 9/10/2014Food from the pre-theatre menu was very good (albeit the soup had too much chilli in), and the set menu was good value. Very attentive staff, although we preferred to pour our own wine.Special Features:
- Good for business mealsNadKDined on 7/10/2014Good location and ideal for business meals. The only negative comment is that the restaurant tend to put customers all together whilst the other half of the restaurant is empty. So, sometimes it can be too noisy and you have shout in conversations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thumbs upluvfoodDined on 4/10/2014Food was great, location very easy to get to, but was a touch pricey for portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre MealHelenSquirrelDined on 4/10/2014We had a lovely pre-theatre meal, which was very reasonably priced and delicious. All the staff were very helpful, when they realised we were going on to the theatre a table was made available very quickly,Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2014I planned a colleagues surprise birthday and the restaurant ensured every thing went swimmingly well... Very attentive and made suggestions on the menu which was helpful. I was impressed how the catered to a group of 12 diners! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Mango tree was excellent the waiters were attentive to our needs and very polite Food was out of this world Very nice atmosphere Worth every single £££Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat dinerPaw18Dined on 3/10/2014Having eaten here several times before, I had high expectations. The food was delicious and staff were attentive to the correct degreeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be deceivedNFieldDined on 3/10/2014It's grand room, pricy food and boastful pictures of visiting celebrities on the walls, would deceive you into thinking that you were in for a mouth-watering treat. This is not the case! For starters we had rubbery fish cakes, which was okay (mainly because it reminded me of the ones we were fed as children). As a main I went for the red curry with chicken and sticky rice. The sauce was utterly uninspiring and both the chicken and rice was terrible dry, meaning I actually struggled to swallow it. I overhead an Indian couple sitting next to us complaining to the waiter that their food was way too spicy "and if anyone knows about spice...". Seriously - you're better off going to your local or get a ready meal from Waitrose!Special Features:
- Rushed and food very averageBecksDined on 3/10/2014Not the best - Very average food, lunch service was rushed and was told we couldn't order more drinks as it had gone time. Have eaten better Thai food in my local pub. Very expensive too and the waiter was rather patronising explaining what chicken was??
- This is an great one off.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/9/2014The place is very well decorated, and has a great vibe. The staff are really friendly and are all over any situation honestly can't fault them. Ok so the food, it wasn't amazing we paid for a couple of two £160 and I wouldn't have minded but it just wasn't anything special. There is a small restaurant near me which has honestly ten times more flavour without the price tag. Saying that they have some interesting things on the menu. So my honest review it's a great first date spot, or a birthday celebration for someone special but not something I would repeat again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality has droppedTommoDined on 30/9/2014Having been to the Mango Tree a few times before, I was disappointed with the food on this visit - very average. I get better in my local thai restaurants in Sussex. So it was overpriced for the quality of food. Atmosphere is great, service good - just the food let it down on this occasion
- Mango TreeDinerDined on 30/9/2014Great food and service. The 'brownie' was more like a cake though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usual!SundasDined on 29/9/2014Great food... The ambiance and above all the service is brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningjaneDined on 28/9/2014Beautiful restaurant. Excellent food and wait staff. Really enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Nice meal but not outstandingEsskayDined on 28/9/2014We are privileged in New Zealand to have excellent Thai local eateries. So, in this respect, I am somewhat apologetically underwhelmed by the menu and meals here. The service was impeccable. Overall bill was pricey. Lovely touch to honour 2 birthdays at the table.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.YassDined on 27/9/2014Went for dinner and won't be returning anytime soon. The food was not great at all to the point where it remained unfinished and at the price, I would highly recommend elsewhere. It's a shame as has much potential but sadly doesn't live up to it.
- Great Service againWalkerDined on 25/9/2014Perfect place for a quick meal . Charming efficient service.Special Features:
- Creative chicWigglesDined on 25/9/2014Took my wife here for a date after a very long time as new parents and it didn't disappoint. We arrived earlier than our booking but were accommodated very quickly and ushered through. Service and experience was very high end without seeming pretentious. A good selection of non-alcoholic cocktails. Starters weren't brilliant but they were quickly trumped by the amazing mains...mine was served in half a pineapple! A little pricier than I had anticipated (approx. £40 per head without alcohol). Would happily go back there again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the eveningjonnersDined on 25/9/2014Not enough reasonably priced wines available although those that were offered were good qualitySpecial Features:
- Nice place...but disappointing foodyumyum22Dined on 25/9/2014Mango tree has always been a lovely place to visit, great ambience and a birthday haven. However the quality of the food has certainly declined, having visited numerous times over the years. They have lost an edge to the quality of their food, which considering the price, is a real shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.