46 Grosvenor Place
London, SW1X 7EQNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mangotree.org.uk/
- Phone: 020 7823 1888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.00 pm - 2.30pm
Sunday: 12.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6.00 pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm
Sunday: 6.00 pm - 10.00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Oad Soonthorn Apaipat
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide an extensive range of outside catering. Please contact our reservation team for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Mango Tree is a unique venue for functions like weddings, launches, shows or conferences due to our vast experience in hosting larger events.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Restaurant 02078231888
A word from Mango Tree
Mango Tree London brings a little piece of Thailand to Belgravia, with a stylish interior, welcoming atmosphere, warm Thai hospitality and award-winning food; ideally placed five minutes from Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station. The carefully chosen menu has been devised by renowned pan-Asian chef Ian Pengelley, and incorporates flavours from the four corners of Thailand, in dishes such as Pla Boran – crispy sea bass fillet with mango salad and Ped MaKahm – succulent duck breast with sweet and sour tamarind sauce, as well as classics such as fresh Pad Thai with grilled giant king prawns and creamy Thai green curry.Compliment your meal by choosing from Mango Tree’s extensive wine list, sourced by experts from Europe’s finest vineyards. Yourexperience will befurther enhancedby slick, superior service from dedicated staff, committed to going all out to ensure your meal is memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mango Tree - Best restaurants in Victoria ›
Mango Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
978 reviews since 21 November 2013
special occasions (404)business meals (387)group bookings (318)fit for foodies (275)good vegetarian options (251)pre/post theatre (249)romance (248)outstanding value (73)sunday lunch (62)brunch (43)disabled access (42)child friendly (35)outdoor eating (10)afternoon tea (6)Show More
- not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/11/2014The service was slow and the food was disappointing with the prices they are charging. We got the 25% off deal via opentable website and we still felt that they were overcharging due to the bad quality of the food. Had much better thai food than this. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!!!
- FoodloverDined on 15/11/2014Food was not that great. Tip Top Thai in Hampstead may not have the ambience, may be a bit tight space wise, but the food is amazing and better priced. Mango Tree is about the ambience, not really the food
- Good foodjavlondonDined on 15/11/2014Good location pre theatre, 6pm is earliest sitting though so can be a rush to make your event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mango tree reviewkingsDined on 13/11/2014Went with a friend using the 50% food voucher from opentable. Great food and service and plenty of vegetarian options. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurantsjtailsVIPDined on 7/11/2014Excellent service and food. A favourite restaurant. Really affordable with the 50% off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again for another great mealZiggiDeeDined on 6/11/2014We come to the Mango Tree for special occasions and celebrated our anniversary with another great meal - and great value too with Open Tables special offer!Special Features:
- Pre theatre dinnerZippytennis58Dined on 6/11/2014Excellent service! Good value with 50% off 2 courses from the a la carte menu! Very tasty food although side dishes a little pricy! Would visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/11/2014Good food and great service, it's been going for a while but remains a good option in Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMonica77Dined on 5/11/2014I had a great experience. The service was fantastic and so was the food.Special Features:
- KevinDined on 4/11/2014Beautiful food, great service but very noisy. There were three of us and we struggled to hear each other speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but dodgy offersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014Went here with my friend for a mid week dinner. The food was delicious, the service was a little bit too intense, but the waitress hovering us for most of the mea which made it hard to relax. We had booked the 50% off offer but there were several things on the menu that weren't included, but the waitress didn't explain this properly so what was meant to be a fairly cheap dinner wasn't so cheap after all, which was a little annoying!
- No longer such a great deal but still good foodFranDined on 3/11/2014The ambience at Mango Tree remains great. We have been visiting for a long time for the great 50% off deal which is often available through Opentable. We were a little disappointed on this visit to find many restrictions have been placed on the offer, with at least half of the menu not subject to the 50% off food deal. So it's no longer such a good deal, but if you don't mind the restrictions it is still possible to get good Thai staples at quite reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Delicious Meals!lovemango2014Dined on 31/10/2014As always, when I come to Mango Tree I am sure to encounter good service, great food and excellent ambience!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and ambienceHarryDined on 31/10/2014Mango tree looks lovely on the inside. And has very good service. However the food is quite average to say the least and the price for the dishes seems very high for the quality. Had tofu and noodles with boiled veg but it Tasted very greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango Tree - RevisitedhotspurDined on 30/10/2014Returned to mango tree after a long break. Still found the food very good; tasty, fresh and full of flavour. Reasonably good value on the deal although the drinks were a bit expensive and choice limited (if you go for the deal).Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLukeMEDined on 30/10/2014I have never been a fan of Thai food but Mango Tree seemed to have changed this. I loved the food; fresh, tasty and well presented. The service was great, all staff were always extremely attentive. I shall be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theatreCatherineDined on 30/10/2014We ate here before going to see Billy Elliot and were really impressed. We chose 2 courses for £17 from the pre theatre menu, I had fish cakes and my husband had satay chicken for starters. I thought that with it being so cheap we would maybe get smaller portions but we didn't. For mains I had the red vegetable Curry and my husband had the green chicken one and it was one of the best thai curries we have ever had. With our first two beers only costing £2.50 each you really can't knock it for value! We will definitely come back, and look forward to trying from the main menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChetChetDined on 30/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary by booking a romantic meal for two at Mango Tree. This restaurant certainly lives up to its reputation of delivering outstanding vegetarian food. The vegetable tempura had an amazing light crispy batter and the vegetarian pad thai was simply delicious. Service with a smile and attentive waiting service made the whole experience that much more enjoyable. Thank you.Special Features:
- So-so ThaiGravytrainerDined on 29/10/2014Nothing much to rave about. A rather tatty bar area which feels more like a waiting room and was occupied by a loud and foul-mouthed party from Essex and his friends. Shown to a table we didn't fancy, we asked for a move and were told that the staff were 'trying to keep this station clear' (subsequently they failed and other people were shown to our preferred table). The food was reasonably good, but not as good we get from our local Thai, and priced for London. On the whole, not enough there to make the effort to go again.
- Pre -theatre supperhnhojVIPDined on 28/10/20146 of us had a pre theatre £17 for 2 courses menu. The service was excellent and we had plenty of time to get to the Victoria Palace some 10 minutes away. Good standard options on the fixed menu. All well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average mealChiarettaDined on 28/10/2014The service was very poor, the staff complete ignored one of the guest at the table. Starter taste really good, but main meal - pad thai- was tastless and overpriced. Even with 50% the meal was quite expensive.
- Great food, friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 27/10/2014Great food and friendly service. Lovely setting, very calm. Ideal place for a nice lunch
- Mango treeLovefoodDined on 26/10/2014Are at the Mango Tree last Sunday. We went for early 50 per cent off deal so the restuarant was fairly quiet and not a great deal of atmosphere - particularly due to size of restuarant. However the food was excellent and the service also highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for authentic Thai loversDavidSDined on 26/10/2014We have eaten at the Mango Tree in Bangkok a number of times where the food and the ambience is fantastic. This was our first time at the Mango Tree in London and we were disappointed. The food was fair to middling with the curries resembling nothing like we have ever eaten before in terms of texture and consistency. We dined on the offer but even then the bill was pretty expensive. There are much better Thai restaurants to go to for people who want to experience authentic food.
- great food - can get really noisylondenerDined on 25/10/2014The food is simply the best! We are vegetarians and the options are pretty good. Their green curry is to die for. The only problem is that it can get crazy loud (due to the open floor planning - with no partitioning whatsoever) during peak hours.Special Features:
- Nice meal, good servicee4nvyDined on 25/10/2014The food was really good, it wasn't too busy so the ambience was nice and the service was good too. Absolutely love the pineapple dishes. looking forward to going back and ordering the same thing again. Good value when discount is applied although 50% off food doesn't actually apply to all dishes which makes the offer a bit misleading - tut tut.Special Features:
- Lunch at Mango TreescscDined on 25/10/2014The food was delicious as before (it was my second time there). The staff were friendly and helpful, but did however hover a bit too much and we felt a bit pressured. It wasn't as though it was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant pre theatre diningSJ118VIPDined on 24/10/2014Service was laid back and I doubt we would have had time for dessert. Prawn and squid salad was yummySpecial Features:
- Brilliantsteve233123Dined on 23/10/2014Easily the best Thai meal I have ever eaten both in and out of Thailand. Totally authentic and beautiful food.Special Features:
- Mango tree - Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/10/2014Efficient service, great food, substantial quantities and an enabling atmosphere for business discussions / pleasant eat out....Mango tree has it all.Special Features:
- Mango treepheepsDined on 20/10/2014i love the food and atmosphere here - recently the menus have changed and now any offers are limited to certain areas and they have started to charge for everything - i asked for chilli sauce and they charged £2 for a tiny bowl.. something that has always been free.. they even charged for more prawn crackers as we knocked ours on the floor.. it came across as it was a game of how much could they charge for..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 21stFoodobsessed93Dined on 18/10/2014I went here with my best friend for my 21st birthday and it was without doubt some of the best food I've ever eaten. I would recommend the seafood platter to start! We only had to wait 5 minutes for our table and that was because we were early. They apologised for the time between the starter and main being 5-7 minutes- which is extremely quick! Staff were lovely and happily took lots of pictures of us. They kept our coat in a locked cloakroom and handed warm towels after the main course- very classy! It's been 2 days and I want to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night!GeorgeH1Dined on 18/10/2014I did some research on where I should take my girlfriend for our 4 year anniversary. I thought I would give Mango Tree a go, considering the reviews were good and we've not had Thai food for a while. The service was outstanding, from the moment we arrived we were welcomed and made at home, effortless. The food was brilliant and cocktails very tasty. The 'cherry on top' as they say, for our experience was when we ordered desert, a "Happy Anniversary" message was written in chocolate. It was a great way to end our experience showing the staff care for their customers. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast serviceBerlinersDined on 18/10/2014Great if you are short of time and want speedy service. Not so great if you want to linger and make an evening over it. I'm never impressed when service is automatically included, I believe service should be discretionary and based on service.Special Features:
- Nice presentationSharonDined on 18/10/2014We all enjoyed the food which was nicely presented. Whilst the 50% open table offer was welcome, there were too many exclusions and it was difficult to stop my guests choosing what they wanted from the menu bumping the price up. Staff very friendly and accommdating but keen to see us leave after 2 hours so no desserts for us.Special Features:
- Another very good mealNCRCDined on 18/10/2014Having had good experience previously we took two friends and were not disappointed. Very good service and very good food. Good size portions. Will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The deal of 25% off is not a dealLondonDeevaDined on 17/10/2014The service was ok, but the actual acoustics are too loud to have any kind of meaningful conversation and you are not shouting. The food was tasty and the portion sizes are good. However, once the bill came with the discount and then service which was not that great was added back on, the discount was something silly like £2-3! Not with it at all! I therefore would only recommend dining Sunday thru Thursday when it's 50% off. It's a shame.Special Features:
- Brilliant ServiceHungryHipposVIPDined on 16/10/2014We were very well attended to and enjoyed our foodSpecial Features:
- Post theatrePostWicked2Dined on 15/10/2014Happy with the quality of service we received. Staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Will definitely revisit !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango Tree Repeats it SuccessFuffVIPDined on 14/10/2014Consistant good food, Chicken Satay very succulent, friendly staff and efficient service. If only they would change the music tape which consists of one song on a loop that you can't get out of your mind for hours afterwards!Special Features: