46 Grosvenor Place
London, SW1X 7EQNeighborhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mangotree.org.uk/
- Phone: 02078231888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.00 pm - 2.30pm
Sunday: 12.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6.00 pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm
Sunday: 6.00 pm - 10.00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Oad Soonthorn Apaipat
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide an extensive range of outside catering. Please contact our reservation team for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Mango Tree is a unique venue for functions like weddings, launches, shows or conferences due to our vast experience in hosting larger events.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Restaurant 02078231888
A word from Mango Tree
Mango Tree London brings a little piece of Thailand to Belgravia, with a stylish interior, welcoming atmosphere, warm Thai hospitality and award-winning food; ideally placed five minutes from Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station. The carefully chosen menu has been devised by renowned pan-Asian chef Ian Pengelley, and incorporates flavours from the four corners of Thailand, in dishes such as Pla Boran – crispy sea bass fillet with mango salad and Ped MaKahm – succulent duck breast with sweet and sour tamarind sauce, as well as classics such as fresh Pad Thai with grilled giant king prawns and creamy Thai green curry.Compliment your meal by choosing from Mango Tree’s extensive wine list, sourced by experts from Europe’s finest vineyards. Yourexperience will befurther enhancedby slick, superior service from dedicated staff, committed to going all out to ensure your meal is memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mango Tree - Best restaurants in Victoria ›
Mango Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
1024 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (427)business meals (411)group bookings (344)fit for foodies (284)good vegetarian options (263)romance (261)pre/post theatre (260)outstanding value (88)sunday lunch (64)child friendly (43)disabled access (43)brunch (40)outdoor eating (11)afternoon tea (9)Show More
- kjhmontyDined on 31/8/2014Always a pleasure to eat at the Mango Tree. Thai with a smile. More wine choice at the lower end of the price range would be good, but the wine available is always of good quality.Special Features:
- Halal Thai Fine DiningHalalfinedinerDined on 31/8/2014I decided to surprise my wife with a visit to Mango tree on our second anniversary. She had mentioned on numerous occasions that she had always wanted to go and having found out that the Beef and chicken were halal, i decided to give it a shot. First impressions were pleasant as on entering we were greeted with the lovely scent of Jasmine in the air. The friendly staff took us to our reserved table immediately and we were explained the menu. Starters arrived shortly after and were only surpassed in terms of taste by the mains. Star dish included - goong hom pa and the yum nuer. Loved them along with the red curry - Beef. I would happily recommend Mango tree as a restaurant to visit.Special Features:
- Good ambianceJuliajointDined on 30/8/2014Good food but not for the price expected better. The restuarant is nicely decorated. Have been there twice and that's enough. Enjoyed first experience more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was okFoodessDined on 30/8/2014The food was ok, but over priced. Very good they give 50% discount as this is actually what food should cost. The staff were friendly the decor & ambience was very good. Would go back but only if they have 50% discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysCforVendettaDined on 30/8/2014Food was great and so was the wine. The wine list could be expanded though. Even with 50% off food I still found it pricey for two, but then again I am a cheap stake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food...somewhat costlyMissyBDined on 30/8/2014Food was delicious. Throughlying enjoyed the starters and the desert platter was heavenly. Booked via the open table website and had the 50% off food bill deal, but not everything on the menu was part of the deal so we still got a high bill! Great for special occasions though as it does feel like you are treating yourself! Will go again but not for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anglicized Thai foodAmanDined on 29/8/2014We went there expecting the real deal given it is an extension of an outlet in Bangkok. Having lived in Bangkok for years I can readily say that this is simply not the real deal - even the simple ubiquitous soups were way off. If you want the real stuff give it a miss.
- Expensive without the dealkin001Dined on 28/8/2014Generally good although I think you can find equally good Thai food in London for less. I wouldn't go back without the 50% offer (25% on their signature dishes). Good location and easy to park after 630pm.
- mango treelove2eatDined on 26/8/2014Great food of high quality - good for both groups and couples and reasonable with the Open Table offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/8/2014The headsets that the waiters had were a distraction to the service they would have provided had they not existed. The service seemed designed to make the most of the customers budget and not their satisfaction or comfort. General feeling of lack of attention from staff to customer.
- Good value with top table offerFoodloverDined on 26/8/2014Lovely food in a nice setting. Toptable offer makes the meal very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/8/2014The staff were very friendly and delivered excellent customer service at all times, checking at intervals that everything was alright. We were also allowed to charge our phones and did need to produce our own chargers. The food was also amazing and of good portions. I fully recommend Mango Tree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place of a business mealTeejayDined on 26/8/2014We took advantage of the early evening dining offer for a table of seven - a nice way to entertain. The staff were great crediting a bottle of wine that we hadn't drunk - although had to wait forty minutes for the bill. The food was great - rich - but very good and we were all very impressed.Special Features:
- RecommendedMickyDoomsDined on 25/8/2014Nice restaurant within easy walking distance of Victoria and surrounding theatres. Food on the expensive side but good quality. Service exceptional as you expect from a Thai place. Only slightly odd element to the evening was the presence of posters advertising an annual Ladyboy competition at the venue!Special Features:
- Wonderful foodMikeeDined on 23/8/2014The last time we went to Mango Tree was prsisly 11 years ago for my wife's birthday and it was wonderful back then. Returning after so much time to celebrate my wife's birthday again, it felt just as welcoming as we remember from all those years ago. The food is wonderful and served in a timely manor. The background music was set at the correct volume so as to create the right atmosphere as was the lighting. All In all a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but music a distractionLesB66Dined on 22/8/2014We had a lovely meal in Mango Tree last week, which using a special offer represented outstanding value. We chose the restauarnt after eating in its restaurant in Bangkok, which is also a great experience. Food was wonderful... so authentic... service was ok... but the continual loud club / house music was a distraction and no according to our taste...Special Features:
- Good but was betterAmitDined on 21/8/2014Used to be better but still a good restaurant with a nice dining feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango TreeGastronaut108Dined on 21/8/2014As deservedly popular as ever, The Mango Tree delivers a sleek & stylish venue, buzzy atmosphere, innovative & delicious exotic cocktails & very good Thai food. It does have the feeling of being better than average, & the charming sweetness of the attentive, highly professional & friendly service adds to the "special occasion" feeling of the visit. A reliable & long-time favourite, perhaps looking a little tired in parts, but still a special choice.Special Features:
- EnjoyableAudreyGigDined on 21/8/2014We had lunch taking up the 50% off food offer, but was a little disappointed to find out that this offer was only for certain dishes such as the signature dishes and you had to choose a starter plus main which meant that the 50% only applied to a portion of the bill. The service was ok but did feel a little rushed by one particular waitress that had served us but the others were great and the mango cocktail served in the pineapple was delightful. I have been to this restaurant several times and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/8/2014I went here for a luch with a Friend. Staff were extremely friendly and attentive and the decor was very nice, it feels like a high end restaurant. The menu was explained to us as was the offers. We had a 50% deal thru open taboe which i believe is on 24/7. Food was great and portion sizes perfect. The hot towel to freshen up at the end was a lovely touch Hard to pick faultsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai treatBernieHVIPDined on 20/8/2014The food was very good but the prices are not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious thai foodHappydinerDined on 20/8/2014Really enjoyed our meal, particularly the penang curry - absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango TreeLaylaDinerDined on 20/8/2014Fourth visit, consistently good standards of service and food. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR VALUEAshnilaDined on 19/8/2014Great place Good food & Good service but very expensive for what it is. We were lead to believe that booking through Open Table gives you 50% discount but that is not true. Discount only applies to starters and main course but not side dishes like rice,noodles, salads etc. It is not clear what dishes qualify for discount . Service charge is also charged on pre discount price. Drinks are very very expensive. We wont be going back in a hurry
- Great pre theatre lunchGC11Dined on 16/8/2014Booked the restaurant as a pre theatre lunch for the family and the food and service were excellent. Definitely recommend it for a great Thai meal - the food was exceptional. The only negative was we turned up at 11.45 for a midday booking, and though they were open we were turned away and told to come back in 20 minutes - we couldn't wait in the bar area because we had kids with us. Nevertheless the food and service were great once we sat downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai Restaurant in the world!!mangotreefanDined on 15/8/2014I`m just mad about Mango Tree!!! This is an incredible restaurant, with incredible service, super delicious food and altogether a lovely ambience!!! Coming to London as often as I do due to my work, coming to dine at MT is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value with the offerLucyDined on 13/8/2014Good value with the 50% discount but pricey without - only a part of the menu is in the deal. Good sized portions though and tasty food - a nice atmosphere for a catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenDined on 13/8/2014Every one of us was very disappointment with the food and the service. The food was not original Thai food. Would never go back again.
- Great Food and atmospherediningoutisfunDined on 12/8/2014I visited here with my girlfriend recently and we had a great time. There were no problems whatsoever and the food was very tasty. I would recommend this restaurant to a lot of people I know. It was recommended to me by one of my friends in the first place and I can see why!Special Features:
- FabulousPaul1VIPDined on 12/8/2014A really super restaurant with wonderful atmosphere and great food. A sort of Thai brasserie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mango tree business lunchYanniDined on 11/8/2014Great cocktails, starters and good value with the 50% off. Would have been pricey otherwise. Starters are always better than the mains so i suggest a few to share, but the discount only applies when starters AND mains are ordered. Pineapple fried chicken rice, pad thai and green curry are always good.Special Features:
- The staff are amazingNotabigfanofdinningDined on 10/8/2014Though we had problems with our check, and our orders were not explained to us clearly, the staff still managed to deal with our situation visually calmly! That was niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wide choice of dishesMotteDined on 9/8/2014I was rather apprehensive after reading some rather critical reviews. I have had the occasion to visit this restaurant several times ( last time being 2-3years ago) but I am happy to say that the food, service and ambience have been maintained to a high standard. I, being a vegetarian, was pleasantly surprised at being given a good choice of dishes.Special Features:
- Best Thai in LondonnotserpVIPDined on 8/8/2014The flavours are outstanding & possibly the best Thai food I tasted in London I found it a bit noisy myself but that did not spoil the occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not for pre theatreKLondonDined on 7/8/2014We had a good meal here, but staff had told us they could serve a pre theatre meal quickly and this was not true. They did not take our order until 15 minutes after we were seated. Our mains arrived 5 minutes before we said we needed to leave so we had to rush through them. So go to Mango Tree when you have time to enjoy a proper meal, but not before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely MealclaireVIPDined on 6/8/2014Nice atmosphere and fantastic food. The wine is incredibly expensive at £11:95 for a glass, which pushes the price up. 50% deal makes it a bit more affordable.Special Features:
- Nice, but rather priceyPrincessDined on 5/8/2014I loved the food, had been twice before , for birthdays. So, would do again, but ONLY for special ocassions, as for this ocassion i brought my parents who were visiting London. Food is great, but expensive.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappointFoodieDined on 4/8/2014Very attentive service even to acknowledging a dietary requirement mentioned when booked online. Excellent food with a wide choice of dishes - all very tasty and beautifully presented. I will certainly visit again.Special Features:
- Good Thai food with confusing dealninja88Dined on 2/8/2014The food, service and ambience in the Mango Tree was good. Great selection of food is also offered. We booked via OpenTable with the 50% off food deal but when we got to the restaurant it became really confusing as we were told that everyone had to order both starter and main in order to qualify for the discount and certain food were not included in the deal. Furthermore desert were not included in the 50% off deal. Wish this was made clear in the fine print prior to booking!Special Features:
- Outstanding Food, Great ServiceloveThaiDined on 1/8/2014The food is outstanding, the service is so friendly, the ambience is perfect. Waiting time for food is perfect timing. Only down side is that its just a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.