46 Grosvenor Place
London, SW1X 7EQNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mangotree.org.uk/
- Phone: 02078231888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12.00 pm - 2.30pm
Sunday: 12.00 pm - 5.00 pm
Monday - Wednesday: 6.00 pm - 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 6.00 pm - 11.00 pm
Sunday: 6.00 pm - 10.00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Oad Soonthorn Apaipat
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide an extensive range of outside catering. Please contact our reservation team for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Mango Tree is a unique venue for functions like weddings, launches, shows or conferences due to our vast experience in hosting larger events.
- Private Party Contact: Manager Restaurant 02078231888
A word from Mango Tree
Mango Tree London brings a little piece of Thailand to Belgravia, with a stylish interior, welcoming atmosphere, warm Thai hospitality and award-winning food; ideally placed five minutes from Buckingham Palace and Victoria Station. The carefully chosen menu has been devised by renowned pan-Asian chef Ian Pengelley, and incorporates flavours from the four corners of Thailand, in dishes such as Pla Boran – crispy sea bass fillet with mango salad and Ped MaKahm – succulent duck breast with sweet and sour tamarind sauce, as well as classics such as fresh Pad Thai with grilled giant king prawns and creamy Thai green curry.Compliment your meal by choosing from Mango Tree’s extensive wine list, sourced by experts from Europe’s finest vineyards. Yourexperience will befurther enhancedby slick, superior service from dedicated staff, committed to going all out to ensure your meal is memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Mango Tree - Best restaurants in Victoria ›
Mango Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
1025 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (422)business meals (407)group bookings (340)fit for foodies (282)good vegetarian options (268)pre/post theatre (266)romance (258)outstanding value (83)sunday lunch (64)disabled access (44)brunch (42)child friendly (39)afternoon tea (9)outdoor eating (9)Show More
- Not what it used to be.YassDined on 27/9/2014Went for dinner and won't be returning anytime soon. The food was not great at all to the point where it remained unfinished and at the price, I would highly recommend elsewhere. It's a shame as has much potential but sadly doesn't live up to it.
- Great Service againWalkerDined on 25/9/2014Perfect place for a quick meal . Charming efficient service.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the eveningjonnersDined on 25/9/2014Not enough reasonably priced wines available although those that were offered were good qualitySpecial Features:
- Nice place...but disappointing foodyumyum22Dined on 25/9/2014Mango tree has always been a lovely place to visit, great ambience and a birthday haven. However the quality of the food has certainly declined, having visited numerous times over the years. They have lost an edge to the quality of their food, which considering the price, is a real shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!CeeCeeDined on 24/9/2014Inattentive and overwhelmed service staff. Poorly presented and lilliputian sized main courses...An all round disappointing experience.
- A really good eveningCrossmeadDined on 24/9/2014Took to two old university friends; one of whom is Thai (and his son); on a Wednesday evening. Had a 6.30pm table reservation and was greeted warmly by my Christian name on arrival. Service throughout the evening was charming and highly professional (for which the Thais are justly famous) and nothing too much trouble. The staff also helpfully engaged in conversations in Thai with both my friend and his son (who although both fluent English speakers were obviously delighted). I had been warned in advance that we would only have the table for two hours, but we ended up staying for four with no presure! Food was excellent, particularly the green papaya salad (all getting the thumbs up from my Thai guests). A really good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- False advertising, not 50% off foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 23/9/2014I was a big fan of mango tree and have used open table deals with them quite a few times. However on this occasion, I found out they have changed the 50% off food deal. Sides and desserts were full price, chef and only a limited selection were 50% off. You also had to select a starter and a main. To many conditions on the deal will prevent me going again.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerAftabHayatDined on 21/9/2014I have been here a few times before so was prepared what to expect. As usual the staff are impeccably polite and helpful. We were given space and time to enjoy ourselves and never felt rushed. A very comfortable setting where you have enough privacy. Food arrived very promptly after ordering and was very well presented. My wife ordered the Penang which we felt portion-wise was a little small compared to other places we have eaten at before. I ordered the lamb shank which tasted amazing but needed to be better cooked. The meat should have been more tender whereas some bits seemed over-cooked. Overall we were very happy. I was annoyed by the special offer terms that should have been 50% off the food but it's more complicated than that!Special Features:
- Lastly DisappointedThaiFoodie05Dined on 21/9/2014We went to Mango tree for late lunch. I ordered papaya salad which I love how can it go wrong! Do not order the mixed satay it was awful it was cold & smothered in sauce & came with satay sauce on the side. Stir fry prawn was bland no flavour although the prawns were a good size at £2 each I would expect that too! Beef red curry was ok but nothing to go back for. The rice wasn't great as it had been sitting there slightly hard. Mango tree was great when it opened now it's lost all it's atmosphere, buzz & excitement. We left dissatisfied we should've said something but nothing was right! Sorry mango tree we will not be going back ever! London needs a great Thai restaurant!Special Features:
- A big disappointmentVeronicaLondonDined on 20/9/2014Last night I chose to take my parents to Mango Tree because I have seen it in Harrods and I thought it would be a good idea to have dinner there... What a mistake! There was a very bad smell of dead fish in the restaurant and at the end we pay A LOT OF MONEY for... nothing!!! We had a very normal dinner, good but not excellent and everything was very bad-presented... Defenitely not what we pay for! I would ever reccoment this restaurant to ANYONE!
- Slow serviceVisitorDined on 20/9/2014Being late with our bokning we ended up at Mango Tree. Their choice of a very big dining room should have been followed up by sufficient staffing. The dining room would have been a lot better if it had been split in smaller sections, avoiding the feeling of a school cantina.
- Family get together 19/09/2014thinkcrypticDined on 19/9/2014We booked a table for 4 with the 25% off deal. The deal stipulated a mandatory starter & main course from the a la carte menu which afforded plenty of choice. The food was beautifully presented & packed with flavour. 1 member of our family had the popcorn prawns, a delightful starter (all of the prawn/seafood starters seemed particularly good). The curries at Mango Tree are expertly prepared however as we were not feeling overly hungry (they can be quite rich due to coconut milk) we mainly ordered stir fry options. Everyone was extremely satisfied. Perhaps the rice ratio (1 person suggested as = 1 bowl of rice) was slightly generous; maybe order 2 for 3 people, 3 for 4 people etc. The service was incredibly helpful, efficient & friendly.Special Features:
- Terrible Thai foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 19/9/2014The starters were tolerable , the peanut based dip and soup was amazing but thats about it. The drinks and main course were below average. The curries were extremely sweet and were a major turn off. Had heard a lot about this place ebout not worth the value.
- Very goodJen1921Dined on 19/9/2014Lovely food. Overpriced without a deal. We felt very rushed although we were well within our allocated slot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food2dinersDined on 18/9/2014The Mango Tree delivers on great tasting food. It can be good value for money when they offer 50% off food with Opentable, which is what we had. We had good choices from what was included in the offer. Totally worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and ambienceToptable1Dined on 18/9/2014I've been several times with the TT offer - great food and good value with the offer with plenty of veggie options (separate section in the menu). The ambience is also very Thai which I really like, and on my last visit I loved the jasmine fragrance in the air. It really transports you to Asia!Special Features:
- excellent thai cusineDCACDined on 17/9/2014We all thought the food here was excellent quality. It was well presented and promptly served. On the 50% off offer it was good value fro money. The restaurant was comfortable and the staff very pleasant. My only criticism would be that when the restaurant was very full, which I expect it is most times, it is also bery loud which makes conversation difficult. I would say its more a place to go with a party, or early evening meal rather than a romantic location or a place for a leisurely tete-a-tete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousDined on 14/9/2014The food was tasty but the portions were small- more like a taster menu. The décor inside needs much to be desired. It is not a place to impress ones friends or business associates especially considering the prices they charge..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Although the space was beautiful and food was good, it was ruined by the poor and I attentive service. We will not return
- Group of 6MullyDined on 13/9/2014We had a booking for 6 at 6.30pm on a Saturday evening. The restaurant called in the morning to confirm the booking. We were immediately shown to our table when we arrived. The tables are very close together but, as we were a group of 6 at a circular table, it didn't bother us. Starters and mains were very tasty - clean plates all round. We ordered a couple of desserts to share - I wouldn't recommend the brownie as it tasted more like chocolate sponge, but the other dessert was good. I was very happy with the service. There was a delay in taking our drinks order after we sat down, but after that our wine and water glasses were kept topped up all evening and everyone that we dealt with in the restaurant was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Nice Experience but a little marredOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/9/2014Overall, excellent food and definitely a step up from most thai restaurants, but then you pay more too. Few niggles, for example asking me to pay £2/head for the right to ring a birthday cake to the restaurant and poorly spoken with at the front desk as a result. And that the 25% food off offer is subject to every person in the group ordering a starter and a main course...But overall, pretty decent.
- A fair night outFoodloverDined on 12/9/2014I've been to Mango Tree several times over the years and it's good restaurant for group bookings. The staff are attentive and the restaurant is a nice space. In terms of the food I found it okay, I've certainly had better at other restaurants for better value for money. I ordered a pork starter and duck main and found them both to be on the tough side which was disappointing, particularly as they are two of my favourite things. Overall, the guests I was with seemed to enjoy their starters and mains, two of them ordered sea food. Would I go again? Possibly as it is local to me - I have enjoyed the food before so maybe it was a bad night.Special Features:
- GoodFdlvDined on 11/9/2014Very good food but very over priced I guess that's the norm in that area of London I've had just as good thai food much cheaper. However I've been there three times and it's been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible serviceSumonDined on 11/9/2014The food was of good quality. After setting the tone with a pleasingly crunchy battered soft shell crab and chilli sauce,the subsequent thai prawn curry was thick with a delightfully fishy undertone. Equally moreish were the lamb chops, cooked exactly as I had requested. However if selecting the 50% offer, please be careful to ensure your chosen dish is included in the deal. Our waiter claimed to have highlighted the exemptions..he hadn't! Coupled with his constant sarcastic and condescending sniping, this resulted in a disappointing dining experience. In fairness, the manager listened to and agreed with our complaints and promptly discounted all our food at 50% and removed the 'optional' service chage that had been added on.
- Good food but forgot give 50% offap22VIPDined on 10/9/2014Booked via opentable with 50% off food offer. Food and dining experience was good but they forgot to give us discountSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, friendly serviceLovejapanDined on 10/9/2014Although the restaurant was a little loud for conversation, it did well to create an atmosphere in the large dining room, which was not full (midweek). Service was friendly and efficient. Food was nice overall, but the lamb massaman was delicious, albeit a little difficult to cope with as the lamb was served as a shank in a bowl with sauce nearly up to the rim. Would still order it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzy BelgraviaIRofRVIPDined on 10/9/2014Interesting Thai restaurant near Victoria Station, looking out onto a busy road with the spiked railings of Buckingham Palace Gardens on the opposite side. The wide choice of food was very good, the atmosphere vibrant. I would strongly recommend.
- You need to improve your food.MrTTheVoiceDined on 9/9/2014Pleasing surroundings alone do not make a good restaurant. The flavour is sadly lacking in the food. It tastes like pseudo Thai food rather than actual Thai food. What a waste of corn fed chicken.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!WorldfoodDined on 9/9/2014Came here with a group of friends recently. The food was delicious and the service was just right (friendly, polite but not intrusive). I would definitely recommend this place, particularly if there is a good deal available!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't fault itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/9/2014good food, good service, nice ambience and nice location. ticks all the boxes for me. the fact that a third of my bill was knocked off through the toptable offer makes it even more attractive!Special Features:
- Good but too priceyLondonfoodie82Dined on 6/9/2014Ambiance and service I thought were very good. Busy and bustling and our waitress was very attentive and informative. The food was good too but overpriced for what you get. I don't mind paying for great food, and although enjoyable, their prices aren't justified in my view.Special Features:
- gorgeous!TroyLovesFoodDined on 6/9/2014Took my boyfriend here for his 26th Birthday, spent a fortune but it was so worth it. The staff treated us like royalty, always made sure we we're happy. Will definitely be returning again :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok but pricey & dull serviceAlexanderDined on 6/9/2014Expensive without the voucher which is only on selected dishes, others 25% off or not at all. 2starters, 2mains, 1rice, 1veg, 1glass of wine and 1soft drink=£72 (after discount) Service for me was biggest gripe. Dull and transactional. They literally ask the T&Cs of your booking at the table. It's made very clear you have 2hours which was fine, and we were out in 80mins. Had a 6:30 reservation on a Sat, which we were early to. Got asked three times if we were ready to order, similar to drink ordering. Plates removed whilst still chewing last mouthful. Wife was also in bathroom when the food arrived which for this type of restaurant would expect them to wait for her return. For me London has better and more enjoyable Thai dining elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyableNigelDined on 6/9/2014Four of us came here for a post theatre Saturday evening meal. We chose the pre-theatre menu, which has a wide range of options. the cost is still verging towards a premium price but we couldn't fault the food. We had pleasant and proficient service from our waitresses. The atmosphere was building nicely from half empty (we had our booking at 6pm when the restaurant opens) to almost full by the time we left. I'd happily go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodChelsiboo123Dined on 5/9/2014This was my first time at Mango Tree and I was very impressed. The food was great and the portions were perfect too. I went with 2 other friends and they were both pleased with their dishes. All well cooked and tasty! I only bought one cocktail but it wasn't satisfying as it seemed to be lacking in alchohol but my friends were happy with theirs. Nevertheless I'd definitely go again and recommend to others. I would say the menu is pricey, but the Open Table 25/50% off is a great incentive and the restaurant should look at permanently reducing their prices slightly to keep customers coming back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impromptu date nightFoodLoveDined on 4/9/2014We arrived slightly late with only 45mins to go for our theatre show to start. We informed the waitress that we were short on time and she was very accommodating. We went for the 50% offer- 2 mains 2 starters. The food was delicious apart from the sticky rice accompaniment which was ridiculously stuck together like a tough patty! The menu selections were a bit limited in terms of the offer- they could do with another non-fried white fish selection for the health conscious! Having said that there were plenty of couples and families. The decor and ambience were charming and the service impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappintedDisappointedDined on 4/9/2014Sorry, but this was not as expected. Maybe chose wrong dishes but the food was below average , even bland in my view. I had stir fired beef and it was tough and very salty. Room was very big and very noisy.
- Lovely sophisticated Thai foodExperiencedDinerVIPDined on 3/9/2014I went here for dinner with a friend on a weeknight. We arrived at 6:30 and the restaurant was quite empty, however the staff, the decor and the music compensated for this. We had originally planned to use the 50% off main meals, however we couldn't resist having a signature dish each, which meant our discount was only 25% - however it was worth it. The staff were attentive and very friendly and the food excellent. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and will visit again.Special Features:
- Mango Tree DinnerGmaHDined on 3/9/2014From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed. Excellent cocktails in the smart,intimate bar started the evening on a relaxing note.Service throughout was subtly efficient, prompt without making us feel rushed, as we took a while to choose drinks and meals because all the items on the menu looked tempting. The food we did select was excellent, fresh and flavourful and the egg-net over my dish was a fascinating work of art! The ambience is very relaxed and enhances a social occasion. Am looking forward to introducing other family members to this fine dining experience which is fast becoming our go to restaurant when in this area of London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjhmontyDined on 31/8/2014Always a pleasure to eat at the Mango Tree. Thai with a smile. More wine choice at the lower end of the price range would be good, but the wine available is always of good quality.Special Features: