Marco Pierre White Restaurant Bar & Grill
Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge, Granta Place
Cambridge, CB2 1RTNeighbourhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: £26 to £40
Marco Pierre White Restaurant Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doubletreecambridge.com/eating
- Phone: 01223259937
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 12:30pm - 2:30pm, 6:45pm - 10:00pm Sat - Sun: 1:00pm - 3:00pm, 6:45pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Afternoon tea booking available from 3pm – 5pm.
A word from Marco Pierre White Restaurant Bar & Grill
On the beautiful banks of the River Cam, Marco Pierre White Restaurant Bar & Grill is one of the most talked about restaurants in the historic university city of Cambridge. A lengthy bank of sparklingly clean windows give diners a very special outlook towards the gently flowing waters while the aubergine and lime crushed velvet upholstery and faux-leather padded walls and designer lighting provide a touch of modern glamour to the interior of the welcoming, comfortable dining room. From low key business lunches to romantic dinners the relaxed but upmarket MPW provides a wonderfully atmospheric, unpretentious setting complementing fine modern European food and impeccably professional service. Classic dishes are given a delicious twist on the MPW lunch and dinner menus while classical afternoon teas are a real treat for special occasions or for visitors seeking a truly British experience with a splash of modern styling.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Marco Pierre White Restaurant Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since 23 May 2014
business meals (4)special occasions (4)fit for foodies (3)romance (2)pre/post theatre (2)afternoon tea (1)brunch (1)child friendly (1)sunday lunch (1)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationTrackerDined on 30/8/2014The restaurant has great views of the river, a relaxed atmosphere and tables not too close to each other. Good choice of dishes, fish was particularly good. Sharing plate of desserts was a very good idea. Staff were attentive and helpful. Would return againSpecial Features:
- Great Food & Servicehughes1982Dined on 22/8/2014This was our first time at a MPW restaurant and we must say how lovely the view was from our table. The food was of exceptional quality, perfect temperature and presented nicely. The only negative point we would make was the atmosphere as there were only about 10% of the tables occupied at the time, but I guess in some ways this could be a good point? All of the staff we saw were well presented and very polite, which made the occasion more pleasant! All in all, a great time had by both of us! We will be sure to use this restaurant again if/when were in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical and average - not worth it!NorthernStarDined on 28/6/2014We had higher than average expectiations given the rising standard of venues in Cambridge for a great meal. Unfortunately we were dissappointed. Bar staff slow and not customer focused, food very average, crab cakes and steak was over cooked, choice of wine was limited, service was ok. Apart form a few pictures of Marco Pierre White, this was typical average hotel fodder - not to be recommeded.Special Features:
- First time experiencedissapointedJemDined on 11/6/2014We went for our 37th wedding anniversary.Setting excellent, service excellent , wine very good. Food whilst very good, for the money not such value for money. For the price I would expect something outstanding and It wasn't. Had better for less.But will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Unadvertised MenuCSWAEMDined on 4/5/2014We arrived early and stood for 5 minutes with no one asking if they could help. Having accosted someone, I was told that the restaurant did not open until 1pm (which I assume is when they speak to customers) We went for a drink on the terrace. A member of staff came over to take our orders, but insisted I give them a card before they served anyone . I explained that I had a booking for lunch and would like the drinks added to the bill, and refused. Drinks eventually came along with menus . Finally went through only to be told it was a Sunday carvery. There was no mention of this on the website. The Sunday roast dinner was good. However, it was nigh on impossible to attract anyone's attention to pay the bill. I will not be returning.
- Has the potentialhungrydadDined on 26/4/2014Very good food and reasonably priced.SAervice was prompt but maybe waiting staff need to be a bit more attentive (although the restaurant was v busy ) and more knowledgeable of the menu. The restaurant Manager was very professional and made my children feel very welcome. Will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointment all roundmomoDined on 20/4/2014Never again. The mixed starter was not what was described on the menu: when we questioned where was the apple compote to accompany the back pudding we were told that it was mixed with the red fruit chutney - the accompaniment of another dish we ordered. We challenged this and were eventually told that kitchen staff were going by the pictures of dishes which didn't have the apple compote in it (!) When our mains arrived, I was presented with a fried haddock instead of a poached one. We were then offered a free glass of wine as an apology. When my poached hadddock finally arrived, it was so salty that I could not finish it - inedible! The pork belly was not better than standard pub fare. We decided not to risk deserts.
- Brillianta1youngDined on 18/4/2014Went a couple of days after opening, was surprisingly quiet as they had a soft opening but it will get busier i can guarantee! great food! our starter came out slightly cold (this easily happens with camembert) but was fixed quickly and the staff were very apologetic. Everything was delicious and the staff were friendly and helpful. Went with my boyfriend and we both loved it and will be going back as often as possible! It is my favourite restaurant in London and i wasn't disappointed with its cambridge counterpart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to go for aLuluDined on 11/12/2010A great place to go for a special occassion. We went for a 60th birthday, and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The food was very nice, and the 3 course for £20 offer made it very reasonable.
- Interesting menu althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2010Interesting menu although portions small. I had bream which was great. The deserts are the best part of it!!
- Had an ok experience. ThechrissyDined on 27/11/2010Had an ok experience. The service was great, although the food wasn't amazing. Nice decor and great location on the river. A simple set menu that I thought was cheap.
- The starter was bland andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 27/11/2010The starter was bland and very dry and the main course was cold with no taste and the dessert was the most strangest bread and butter pudding I'd ever eaten or seen and also it was cold! We asked for some mint sauce and arrived almost when we had finished our meal. The waitress was very apologetic
- Riverside Brasserie at DoubletreeJuzChiLLinDined on 21/11/2010Riverside Brasserie at Doubletree by Hilton, Cambridge Excellent service - all staff were very helpful even when we wanted directions to cross over the river for a walk on the other side. The Sunday roast was not well advertised on the website but fortunately it suited us. Great for the whole family.
- Nice food, but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 20/11/2010Nice food, but the service was slow maybe because it was Saturday night and the restaurant was full. The wine was quite expensive, but we enjoyed the evening.
- Riverside Brasserie, a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 17/11/2010Riverside Brasserie, a great place for an evening meal in the week, without too much noise and bustle, very pleasant. Staff are very pleasant, and cheerful.
- The Riverside Brasserie isOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 30/10/2010The Riverside Brasserie is superbly located by the riverside in the heart of Cambridge, in a big modern Hilton hotel that has been craftily hidden amongst the beautiful old buildings. We went for an 'occasion' lunch mainly because of the location, and did not expect too much in terms of food quality and value from a chain hotel. But we were wrong on both counts - a good choice from two menus provided good quality, quantity, value and service in a lovely setting. Better than expected!
- Four of us went for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 27/10/2010Four of us went for lunch at the Riverside Brasserie in Cambridge. One of the great assets of this restaurant is its riverside location and its pleasant relaxing ambiance. On this occasion, our enjoyment was spoiled somewhat by a gentleman at a neighbouring table who talked too loudly. The service was excellent and the waitresses very friendly but, regrettably, we found the duck too dry, the shrimp/salmon terrine too rich, and with no accompaniment, and the pasta also too rich for our liking.
- The Riverside Brasserie atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 23/9/2010The Riverside Brasserie at the Doubletree Hilton in Cambridge is a fabulous location and ambience, its a tad difficult to find if you don't know the area. Service was attentive and food good and plenty of it even on a special offer.
- Doubletree (Hilton) Hotel,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 16/9/2010Doubletree (Hilton) Hotel, Cambridge Excellent meal, service very good. Although I am a coeliac there was no problem even provided me with gluten free bread.
- Riverside Brasserie - greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 15/9/2010Riverside Brasserie - great service, but set menu not offering much good choice in main course
- We went to the Riverside BrasserieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2010We went to the Riverside Brasserie in Cambridge as part of my friend's hen weekend. The quality of the food was lovely, although none of us could finish our share of the afternoon tea! Luckily we were allowed to take the biscuits and chocolates home in a box!
- Had a pleasant lunch at theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2010Had a pleasant lunch at the Riverside Brasserie (in the Doubletree-Hilton Hotel)in Cambridge, with their £10.00 for two courses offer. Four or five fairly interesting choices for each course from the table dhote menu, portions not over-large but very nicely presented Dining room looks directly on to the river, with punts etc. to watch. Friendly and efficient service, decor not outstanding but not disturbing, either. Loos modern and sparkling. We would recommend without reservation.
- We went to Doubletree by HiltonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 31/8/2010We went to Doubletree by Hilton Cambridge for afternoon tea. The service was not especially good and pretty slow even though they were not very busy. It took almost half an hour to order and receive just our pot of tea and when that did come we had to wait at least another 5 mins for the milk! Then they bought us a bottle of champagne instead of a glass. The sandwiches were pretty ordinary but the cakes made up for it, they were really good and there was so much we took the leftovers home.
- 80s design, but lovely servicegastronaut12345Dined on 30/8/201080s design, but lovely service and really good choice for a set menu at Riverside Brasserie. A bargain with the TT deal.
- The Riverside Brasserie atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 30/8/2010The Riverside Brasserie at the Doubletree by Hilton hotel in Cambridge is ideally situated for a pleasant meal. The smartly refurbished dining room opens on to the river where punts, canoes and swans can be seen. Service is prompt, efficient and polite. The food is well presented, though I'd be tempted to go back for the ambience rather than the culinary experience.
- A pleasant lunch reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 30/8/2010A pleasant lunch reasonably priced and good service.
- Riverside Brassiere CambridgeaslaDined on 26/8/2010Riverside Brassiere Cambridge was good value for money.
- Lovely evening. Great tableWritetomabDined on 21/8/2010Lovely evening. Great table and very good service. Food was very good. We all had something different and nobody had any complaints. Great childrens menu and very child friendly. Highly recommended.
- Planning to spend a day inOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 20/8/2010Planning to spend a day in Cambridge we decided to book a lunch time meal at the Riverside Brasserie at the Hilton in Cambridge, my wife and I choose the lunch time special menu i.e. 2 courses for £12.50 with a glass of wine included , the food was excellent with a choice on the special menu to suit most palets. would certainly dine there again all in all excellent service and value..
- Riverside Brasserie - Cambridge ItOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 14/8/2010Riverside Brasserie - Cambridge It was a wonderful venue with a huge variety of dishes for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. The service was also attentive. The atmosphere was very relaxed with a stunning view of the river cam. The dishes however were a bit on the pricey side.
- The Riverside Brasserie islad22VIPDined on 14/8/2010The Riverside Brasserie is my fav restaurant in Cambridge and a well-kept secret. I was pleased to note that the dour Polish waitress had turned into a smiling one! Lovely setting, and as always, lovely food.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 13/8/2010Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at the Riverside Brasserie in Cambridge. A well presented table for three overlooking the river and gardens was complemented by a good selection of dishes on the set menu. Our vegetarian guest had an especially wide choice which was a real bonus. My particular meal of smoked duck followed by red mullet on a bed of aubergine and peppers was delicious. The choice of chardonnay or merlot proved to be perfectly adequate for our needs. A good day!
- Riverside Brasserie, Cambridge. ThOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2010Riverside Brasserie, Cambridge. The fish was splendid but was unbelievably small compared to the pasta dish my partner chose! The lime green/aubergine colour scheme was WAY too much to take and could get easily tiresome. The lighting also was terrible: way too dark, but we were extremely fortunate in that we were situated under a lamp! Overall, nice area, lovely food, let down by a couple of annoying factors. Loads of room for improvement
- Location was great. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2010Location was great. Service was great as was the food! The quality of food was really yum and the staff were exceptionally polite. Most definitely would eat here again and hope to in the near future! On this visit my party was adults only, but this venue is child friendly also.
- Double Tree by Hilton riversideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 30/7/2010Double Tree by Hilton riverside brasserie, Cambridge Service was good and efficient. The location was lovely, by the river. It was a shame that we could not sit outdoor for lunch as it was the hotel policy. There was a good choice of starters and main courses for the fixed price menu. The food was of good quality and definitely good value for money. Will definitley return-perhaps for the afternoon tea next time!
- The food was good and excellentclements7VIPDined on 29/7/2010The food was good and excellent value with the Top Table offer - it was however not hot enough in temperature. The wine was excellent. I would go again if we were in the area.
- Meal was fine not haute cuisinedinnercruiseDined on 28/7/2010Meal was fine not haute cuisine but perfectly good. Service was very good and the room is lovely For a hotel restaurant/brasserie very good We had a top table offer of 2 courses and a glass of wine for £16.50
- Riverside Brasserie HiltonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 27/7/2010Riverside Brasserie Hilton Hotel Cambridge, We went on a Tuesday evening the Restaurant was very quite, The staff were very attentive and friendly and we were shown straight to our table over looking the River Cam. Our orders were taken promptly and the staff were more than happy to offer advice on the menu The whole meal was delicious and the timing between courses felt right The bill was reasonable and not only do we thoroughly recommend it,but we will most certainly go there again
- Riverside Brasserie is soAMSTDined on 26/7/2010Riverside Brasserie is so well located on the bank of the river Cam it would be difficult to fail, and it did not. The service was not silver but just right, and everything was served in a timely fashion. The food however was mixed. The chicken dish: a piece of chicken, a grilled tomato sat on top of a large mushroom with gravy was a tasty PUB dish, whereas the mullet with chorizo was a bit more like it. A better chef/menu and this restaurant could charge double and still be full.
- We ate at the Riverside BrasserieBobWDined on 23/7/2010We ate at the Riverside Brasserie at the cambridge Hilton on a Friday eveningThe welcome was warm and courteous. The set menu offer was £16.50 with 2 glasses of wine. The choice was good, I had Pork Belly salad followed by Duck Breast with Roast potatoes and a small quantity of Spinach, my wife had Terrine of smoked chicken and mushroom with salad. The food was tasty and well prepared, the glass of white was a dry sicilian house wine which was also pleasant and dry A good dining experience