130 Duke Street
Liverpool, L1 5AGNeighborhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mayurrestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 01517099955
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 12:00pm - 2:45pm, 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sat, Sun: 12:00pm - 2:45pm, 5:00pm - 11:59pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Uday seth
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Mayur
In the centre of Liverpool, Mayur is proof of just why this cosmopolitan city deserves to be named 2008’s City of Culture. Bringing an authentic taste of India to Merseyside while retaining an air of European sophistication, Mayur is a welcome change from the typical Tandoori. The contemporary interior is opulent yet welcoming with a tongue in cheek take on flocked wallpaper, gorgeous monotone tones and splashes of colour thanks to tasteful artworks dotted about. Chef Uday Seth has brought a modern take to authentic Indian cuisine through his stylish, delicious dishes which are easy on the eye as well as the palate. Please note that internet vouchers are not eligible with Opentable reservations. Please contact the restaurant directly if you want to use those.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mayur - Best restaurants in Liverpool ›
Mayur reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (13)romance (12)fit for foodies (11)group bookings (10)good vegetarian options (8)outstanding value (7)business meals (6)pre/post theatre (5)brunch (2)sunday lunch (1)afternoon tea (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- lpoolfoodDined on 19/7/2014i have visited Mayur before and was slightly disappointed by the food on this visit. The food last time had came in good time and i could not fault this. However on this visit we waited 20 minutes for starters, it was a saturday night in the busiest time so i understood this but when we got the starters the chicken dish was slightly pink in the middle. We informed the waitress when she came to collect the dishes. The waiter who served us all day was fantastic and he did give us a free glass of wine at the end. Even though this problem occurred i would still dine at Mayur again as this isn't something that happens regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best evening great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/7/2014spent a loveley evening at Mayur, great food exceptional service, unrushed and well looked after by the staff.. brilliantSpecial Features:
- Regular Dining at the MayurRavomacDined on 3/5/2014I have been to the Mayur on several occassions with family and also night's out with workmates. The meals have always been first class & the Nan bread something special, a reason to visit on it's own. The service has also been first class and you are always made to feel welcome in a warm and friendly environment.Special Features:
- RomanticDelBelle2014Dined on 14/4/2014I booked a table at Mayur as a return visit to celebrate my anniversary. I made the booking via the Top Table website and requested a well situated table as it was a special occasion. My husband and I were overwhelmed when we arrived to a lovely private table decorated with rose petals and laid out with beautiful, complimentary strawberry fizz. The service at the Mayur was exemplary and the atmosphere felt perfect, we couldn't have asked for better. More importantly the food was beautiful and we both thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We will definitely return again and again. With such a lovely experience this could become an anniversary tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Curry HouseMikeFDined on 5/4/2014Mayur has been around in Liverpool for a good few years now and the standards have never dropped. Northern Indian food with a modern twist to it. Always great food and extremely good service. Pretty good value as well given the quality of the food on offer.Special Features:
- indian food at its bestcotties2Dined on 19/3/2014my wife and i visited this restaurant for the first time we took our friends who needed cheering up, it was very relaxing ust what we all needed. The food was lovely and the retaurant its self was very clean and we needed to just chill will be revisiting again.Special Features:
- Indian Food at Its Best.chicksDined on 14/2/2014This was the best Indian food my husband and I have eaten outside of India. Excellent in every way, compliments to the Chef and Waiting Staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!!!!ElmoDined on 25/1/2014Was really looking forward to going to this restaurant as reviews were so good we had poppadoms with dips they were AWFUL.How do you go wrong with a poppadom! one of the dips tasted like disenfectant.Then we had a starter that was nice things were looking up. Then the main course one meal was lovely the other lamb biriyani was so salty it was uneatable.So overall we were VERY DISAPPOINTED and would not recommend it all.Special Features:
- DeliciousBumbleDined on 21/1/2014I visited Mayur with my partner and his mother for an evening meal on a Tuesday night. We ordered from the set menu (three courses and a drink). I had potato cakes with a tamarind sauce to start where my partner had koftas and my mother in law a samosa. The portions were generous and the food a good mix of old faithfulls and new experiences. The staff were attentive and friendly (even when being clicked at by a large group at another table). Would definitely recommend this restaurant and hope to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian in LiverpoolMellor205Dined on 20/12/2013I've been to many Indian restaurants in Liverpool, the Mayur is by far the best I've been to. My new favourite restaurant. Excellent atmosphere with excellent customer service. The food was outstanding. Will definitely be going back in the new year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An early evening meal on atelfersDined on 30/11/2013An early evening meal on a Saturday after a days shopping was fantastic. Highly recommended !! Food was excellent with superb surroundings. Great experience all round.Special Features:
- Great experienceGeordiegirlDined on 23/11/2013Read about this restaurant last time we visited Liverpool but fully booked. This time booked ahead. Really great experience. Food was really nice, attentive and polite staff who went out of their way to look after us. Can't recommend enough. Just a shame we live 100 miles away otherwise would be back next weekend. We had the 3 course before 7 special. Nice big portions and lovely vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd service and cold foodShuvDined on 23/11/2013We arrived for our table booked at 7, seated, ordered. We waited a ridiculous amount of time for our starters. They did give us poppadoms, however after ten minutes of all of our plates being clear and untouched - had to ASK for our plates to be taken away, as did the table next to us - staff didn't know what was going on. Starters were fine, but unfortunately, my main (the duck) was cold through. Had been heated in the microwave as the sauce was hot, but the meat was cold. Had all the excuses about it being cooked 'pink' - it wasn't fresh. What wasn't worse was the manager's attitude towards his staff. They were below par, but shouting at them and being disrepectful so publicly made us feel really uncomfortable.
- Very lovelyCalliDined on 7/11/2013We were visiting Liverpool for celebratory reasons and booked a table here for dinner. Everything was lovely, the food, the atmosphere, service, everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Disapointing ServicKevieDined on 28/9/2013Visited the restaurant on a Saturday, table booked for 20:30. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived and gradually emptied out as the evening went on. We were given the food menu's without the Wine menu, therefore had to wait to order our food and had Poppadums’ whilst we chose our wine. We decided to go for the non-vegetarian set menu for two which was excellent. Couldn't fault the food, however, we waited for over an hour between the starter and main course which ruined the experience. We could see other people in the restaurant getting frustrated as well. Wouldn't go again on a Saturday evening because of the quality of service which is a real shame because the food was so nice.
- The following 262 reviews are from the Mayur reviews archive.
- Fancy Indian resterauntCheungmeDined on 5/7/2013Great place good atmosphere with nice setting! Food is good but expecting more varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian feastAriaDined on 14/6/2013Enjoyed the food at Mayur - it was flavoursome and not too greasy (oily food is common in Indian restaurants in my experience). Very reasonably priced. Nice ambience and elegant decor. Good prosecco too, delivered with charm and a strawberry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very very goodBond007Dined on 12/6/2013le meilleur resto indian de l'Angleterre,,,,prendre le special pour deux excellent et bon rapport qualitée prix. Best resto indian in England share the special for two good value and good portion. Sylvie and Jean CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been to Mayur on a fewfoodlov3rDined on 27/5/2013Have been to Mayur on a few occasions and never disappoints! ;)Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, foodangelaDined on 31/3/2013Beautiful restaurant, food and staff. A lovely place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous MayurjonessDined on 16/3/2013Good food well cooked and beautifully presented. A lovely atmosphere and excellent value for money. The lamb Rhogan Josh was so tender it melted in the mouth. It's a shame we live in StockportSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food.katiealiDined on 12/1/2013My boyfriend is Indian and for a treat I took him to the mayur! It was wonderful, we were shown to our table and our seats were pulled out for us for us to sit down I felt very welcome. The food was fantastic, we shared all our meals we had and I was completely full! The waiting on staff seemed a bit shy though they didn't really make eye contact or ask if the food was okay they would come put the food down and walk away. it is pretty expensive for our budget for the 2 of us it was £50 for just one starter and 2 curries and 2 naan, (defiantly just a treat) but overall i think it was a nice night out with nice food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveleisurepirateDined on 31/12/2012Had a fantastic meal within a beautifically decorated restaurant and enjoyed some top entertainment for New Years. Will definatley visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing mayurawhitetbnDined on 28/11/2012Mayur Liverpool - excellent food as always, will always aim for there when I'm in Liverpool. One of the best curries I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well worth a visitsuziemacDined on 23/11/2012This restaurant is about a 10 minute walk from Liverpool One. The restaurant is beautifully decorated (bowls of rose petals in the bathroom was a lovely touch)We were running late, but it was no problem for the restaurant who gave us a very warm welcome. Have no idea why anyone would describe the food as bland - full of flavour and great presentation. I dropped one of my forks whilst chatting and it was discreetly replaced by one of the young male staff - they were very attentive without being over bearing. Would go back here anytime and would recommend without hesitation. The service was second to noneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingjamdeluxeDined on 12/11/2012A great place to celebrate great cuisine and accommodating staff with your dearest! Highly recommendable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingfoodismylifeDined on 26/10/2012so fresh and delicious. excellent service with a smile. amazing value with the special 3 course deal and drink. can't beat a chicken korma. will be going back for more ASAPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food of a good quality,efc1Dined on 1/10/2012Excellent food of a good quality, very good value for the early bird deals and the wine prices where reasonable. Staff very attentive and friendly. Restaurant has good open spaces and was very clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousfrenchieDined on 28/9/2012Went to Mayur for my 38th birthday with 6 girlfriends. Had a fabulous time the staff and the owner really made my nite. we had free shots and even a suprise birthday cake after our meal. The food was delicious with a great menu to choose from. I would recommend this resturant to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkJwWwwwwwwwweewDined on 22/9/2012Lets be honest it's overpriced and its small portions. But the food is nice and it's in the centre of town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mayur, LiverpoolLucyDined on 15/9/2012The set menu was really good value for three courses with a glass of wine. We had the lamb kebabs and tikka to start which were both good, as were the mains of tikka masala and korma. The only thing we didn't particularly like was the rice pudding but enjoyed everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Liverpool findtake5daveDined on 4/9/2012I booked this restaurant despite seeing some unhelpful reviews and it was worth the trip. Due to our taxi letting us down we arrived 10 minutes late but the staff assured us we could still order from the early evening menu. We were spoilt for choice and my husbands Onion Bhaji starter was a cut above the average while my Shami Kebab burst with flavour. For the main course my husband had Saag Gosht and I had Lamb Rogan Josh. Both meals were very good and were in no way your usual Indian food. We would highly recommend this restaurant if you want a different slant on Indian meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice servicePeewackDined on 18/8/2012Service was great, not too attentive. We ate early (5:30) on the evening £15.95 menu and it was great value.Special Features:
- ThankyouCurrydreamDined on 11/8/2012Thankyou again for a lovely early evening special, plus our glass of champayne of which we did not expect for being open for 5 years celebration. We took our Son (who is 30) for the first time on Saturday 11/08/12 he was very impressed with the overall experience of the food and service, he said he will bring his girlfriend with him next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian Food at its bestIndianDined on 10/8/2012Mayur is situated within easy reach of Liverpool City Centre attractions. Free parking on Duke street and surrounding areas after 6pm. Three course meal with free glass of wine/beer is excellent value at £15. Good choice of food and superbly cooked. I have visited Mayur three times and each time it has been wonderful.Special Features:
- Overall great value on withilcontoDined on 8/8/2012Overall great value on with the offer. Would go again.
- Brilliant meal attentive staffFoo62dyDined on 28/7/2012Brilliant meal attentive staff and great value for moneySpecial Features:
- exceptionaltkayDined on 10/7/2012ive been to many indian restaurants but none have matched the incredible depth of flavour as this restaurant. the chef is truly a credit. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonably priced.berryDined on 7/7/2012Went in a group of 4 people, food was good and a bit different from usual indian fare. Service was a bit inefficient - I asked for a drink on arrival at the same time as others in my party. It eventually arrived 45 minutes after everyone else's after inquiring as to its whereabouts three times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food tasted nice at the time but...CurryBuffDined on 30/6/2012Our initial impressions were excellent. Both service and ambience were very good, and prices not too bad. However, it is the food that counts in the end. It did taste OK to us, but we later came to regret eating at Mayur. My wife and I were both troubled by indigestion all night and only after a few Gaviscon's did things settle. What we ate was not even that spicy, so I suspect there was something else. We have dined in many many Indian restaurants in Birmingham where food is often more spicy without the unpleasant tummy upset. Thankfully that was all it was.