Maze Gordon Ramsay
10 - 13 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 6JPNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Maze Gordon Ramsay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/maze
- Phone: 020 7107 0000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alex Thiebaut
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maze Gordon Ramsay
Breaking with formal traditions, maze serves French cuisine with Asian influences in tasting sized dishes, allowing diners to sample a wide variety of flavours and textures. This unique approach to dining is reflected in maze's stunning modern design by David Rockwell. maze also has four private dining rooms that are ideal for a more intimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maze Gordon Ramsay reviews from OpenTable diners
1532 reviews since 23 November 2013
special occasions (983)fit for foodies (677)romance (610)business meals (580)pre/post theatre (224)group bookings (206)outstanding value (203)sunday lunch (195)brunch (117)good vegetarian options (98)child friendly (48)afternoon tea (41)outdoor eating (32)disabled access (16)Show More
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 21/11/2014The food was good but the plates are very small and the price is very expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond PerfectCRGRDined on 20/11/2014There s nothing wrong to say. The food was amazing, the staff was wonderful, just loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TapasFoodiesDined on 17/11/2014Food was quite good but should be marketed as tapas restaurant as plates are all small plates. Staff very accommodating though as I wanted a vegetable with my meal so had one delivered from the Maze grill next doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeCatherineDined on 15/11/2014We had a great time in this restaurant where we went with our children. Everybody very much appreciated the excellent cuisine, the ambiance and the kindness and professionalism of the staff. The ambiance was relax and elegant at the same time. The concept of small portions is very nice as it allows to taste a lot of excellent dishes. The visit of the cuisines was so nice! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerWalfyDined on 15/11/2014We visited on saturday as it was my husbands birthday and had a great time. he was very happy and the food was amazing. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencewattyDined on 15/11/2014it is over a year since i have been to maze but it was my sons 30th birthday so we went on the weekend which is a first. We were given the refurbished chefs table as a surprise by the restaurant. food was stunning and service excellent. overall a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we were looking for.Haggis90Dined on 13/11/2014The emphasis was on flavour rather than quantity. WE thought it was good value for money and the service could not be faulted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience at Maze restaurantLoekDined on 13/11/2014Warm welcome at the entrance and the host directly showed us our table. The dishes were absolutely great, the wines were lovely and the espresso martini after dinner was outstanding. The team was very kind and polite and we had some nice chats every now and then. But it was too busy around the table with different team members and we've been asked for more water a lot by everyone. The sommelier was a bit quick with topping up wine and kept asking for more while we still had full glasses. I understand you always have to try to sell as much as possible, but in this case it was a bit too much. But the overall experience was absolutely great, we had a great afternoon and enjoyed almost every minute of it! I would highly recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall FantasticIRV111Dined on 11/11/2014When I made the reservation I was hoping I hadn't been blinded by Gordon Ramsey's famous name. I am glad to say I was not disappointed. I ordered the scallops, the sushi and the foie gras mousse. They were all exquisite, I also tried the tuna and the beef tatami and they were both excellent. The service was very prompt, and the ambiance was great I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new experience. This fresh explosion of french-asian cuisine sounds weird but the outcomes are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- price/quality ratio does not match at all!AndyDined on 11/11/2014very disappointing expierence for our party of six. won't recommend to friends, sorry to say it's been really not we expected!
- jackthecatDined on 11/11/2014The food is generally wonderful. Service, however, by the end of the night was a bit rushed, and even impatient. The prices are also somewhat eye-watering... five quid for a coffee, for example.
- Maze Gordon RamsayMealdealerVIPDined on 10/11/2014I love the food at Maze, and have dined before. The OT offer is good value and a chance to try the concept and cooking. Our lunch was lovel but the ambience not really suited to a birthday celebration. Also tables are too close together . Our welcome included a pointed invitation to have drinks first in the bar although the restaurant was quiet then and the wait unnecessary. The savoury dishes were wonderful - sea bream, pork osso bucco and duck particularly impressed - though the sweet dishes were more limited in range and depth of taste. Crispbreads were a mixed success. Wine list very pricey. There is a service charge - but the service is excellent and no one hurried or interrupted us. Will certainly go again, but for dinner.Special Features:
- a culinary adventureClaZuDined on 9/11/2014It was not just food, it was an emotional experience. A conceptual re-invention of taste.Special Features:
- We had a great timeLuckyDined on 8/11/2014Very relaxed place with great service . It's definitely worth the money and we are going back there for sure .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterDined on 7/11/2014The Food was excellent. Very good service. One of use is a vegetarien. He has never before eaten so good in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Good service poor quality of foodEaterDined on 6/11/2014The environment and staff service are very nice, but there would be much room for improvement in quality of food. I understand there is an attempt to create fusion of eastern and western food but their use of spice ， way of cooking Chinese veggie are totally not up to standard.Special Features:
- ShellsDined on 6/11/2014Great evening with a friend - brilliant good along with great service by very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodBarryDined on 5/11/2014The food was great and definitely on par with similarly priced tasting menus. Not impressed that I had to ask three times to be presented with the bill, however, and it lacks the ambience of other starred restaurants I've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting EveningTreatsDined on 4/11/2014We went on the TT offer of 4 courses and a Bellini. We really enjoyed two of the four courses chosen which were exceptional just one negative in that we were rushed in that the first course was served before we had chance to sip our bellini. Do try the parsnip velouté if you,goSpecial Features:
- FautlessRoddersDined on 3/11/2014Fantastic expereince both of us enjoyed the chefs menu and we were not disappointed in any way. Attention to detail with the service and food was faultless. We were lucky to have a superb table thankyou to the staff at the Maze..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Set menu is great valueChrisDined on 3/11/2014£33 for 4 courses is superb and includes amuse-bouche, bread and petit-fours. Immaculate service and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal for romantic eveningmeisjeDined on 2/11/2014My husband and I came for the £33 menu and thoroughly enjoyed it. From the moment we walked in the service was very attentive, as you might expect from a Gordon Ramsay resto. We were having trouble deciding on a wine and, after asking about our wine prefs, a server suggested an unusual yet striking Brazilian wine that we would never have considered, very nice. From the menu we enjoyed the salmon and beef starters, both were extremely tender and melted in our mouths. The sea bream was another good one, cooked in an interesting asian-style broth. The only disappointment was the duck leg - it didn't have much taste in our opinions compared to the other dishes. Overall a great pick. I'd be interested to go back and try a la carte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caught off guard w/ disappointment.kimDDined on 2/11/2014Never thought Gordon would disappoint. We spent a week eating our way thru London and this was the 2nd most disappointing venue. Funny thing is it was the busiest. Food was so wacky-flavors didn't match, seemed sour or stale, just not good. Service was fair, no one spoke English well and there were no descriptions of what we were about to eat. Do not spend your hard-earned money here- enjoyed Edwins, Greenhouse, Greens, Mews of Mayfair, Gigis & Caviar House much more for similar price. Only place worse was Chor Bizarre. The Gordon experience was tedious at best.
- Sunday LunchspirosDined on 2/11/2014My wife and I had a lovely decent sunday lunch here. The dishes were wonderfully presented and overall good. Service was friendly and not too keen - just as I like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maze with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Originally chose Maze as a romantic meal, then plans changed! The restaurant confirmed my original booking, then when I added 3 guests they were very accommodating and helpful. The food was amazing, the service and explanation of all the dishes was fantastic. More nibbles were added to the table without asking, a dessert was immediately delivered to us at the end of the meal for a 14 year old dining with us, as they had to head off to the theatre. Nothing seemed too much trouble, even as it started to fill up with diners. Recommend it!Special Features:
- Excellent food and great atmosphereErikIDined on 31/10/2014We have visited quite many Michelin star restaurants, and although they almost always serve very good food, they can still vary a lot. Maze Gordon Ramsay was in fact one of the best ones we have been to, and we really liked the ambience, the service and the food. We brought our two children - 10 and 9 years old - and while my wife and I had tasting menus, the children were pampered for and all was a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Central and GoodEDMNDined on 31/10/2014We went expecting a special deal only to find out that the offer is not on for Friday and Saturdays, but the waiter was undertanding in explaining and helping us get a good deal so that we did not leave feeling bad. In fact, we enjoyed the experience and the food.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceuctqtudDined on 31/10/2014Took my boyfriend to Maze to celebrate his birthday. We had an incredible time. The lunch menu is about £33 each, and has 4 delicious and well portioned servings. Definitely will go back soon!Special Features:
- Great value 4 courses and a BelliniLuvLondonDined on 30/10/2014Great food and service in a calm and pleasant athmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyWhiteTigerDined on 30/10/2014Really enjoyed eating here. The majority of the staff were fantastic. I did find at about 1.45pm - 2pm they hit a peak and were perhaps slightly understaffed as we got anxious for our puddings but overall fab and loved everyone saying goodbye as we were leaving. Food outstanding! Try the octopus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!JOSEDined on 29/10/2014The turbot dish was a culinary treat with a perfect combination of flavours and textures!Special Features:
- Wow... Just wowQwellynDined on 29/10/2014I came here as it was my fiancés birthday.... And we were blown away. The service was faultless, the food was outstanding and the atmosphere was lovely... Even though you were sitting in close proximity to other tables you felt like you were in a world of your own. I would definitely recommend Maze. Next year we are going to try the Maze grill for the wagyu beef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In no hurry to go backPaulieVIPDined on 29/10/2014I love GR and have eaten at most of his restaurants over the years. We booked the £33 open table menu but decided to go a la carte. The restaurant is very stylish and the service was mostly impeccable. We ordered 8 different plates. food looked beautiful & we shared the plates. all the food was perfectly edible, only 2 standout dishes, the turbot & crab, the rest of the dishes were below par, for instance, the octopus was overcooked,I could have bounced it off the wall! Did tell the waiter but he just said sorry! They should have taken it off the bill although I did not push it as we did eat it. we enjoyed but would not be in a hurry to go back. At this price, the food should be incredible and we felt it was mostly style over substance.Special Features:
- Outstanding LunchShielsDined on 29/10/2014We dined at the Maze on Wednesday 29 November and had a first class experience. Kevin our server was so welcoming and attentive, the food was outstanding and from the moment we entered the restaurant until when we left we had an amazing time. Kevin gave us a tour of the kitchen which was great to see and this just added to our experience. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Sober attitudeTheSwedeDined on 28/10/2014The service, the food. The staff mase this dinner well worth time and money. The portions were a little bit to small but tasted realy good. The vine and champagne was super and had a perfect temeprature. We had our two kids with us 13 and 16 but this was not the restaurant for them maybe Ramseys Grill would have been better for them :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and efficientalbaekDined on 28/10/2014good menu, wine parings not strong and to the sweet side. excellent generel experience to resonable Price.Special Features:
- A special mealMEatsDined on 27/10/2014Prepare for a special dining experience, made entirely of small plates - we shared five (plus two desserts) for an ample meal. The octopus and turbot were particularly outstanding. We requested and received an excellent recommendation for a modestly priced wine (under £40).Special Features:
- MagnusOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/10/2014My first visit to the Maze, but certainly not my last. So professional treatment from start to finish from all the staff ... and the food ... the food!! My new favorite restaurant without a doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazed in the MazePaoloDined on 26/10/2014It was our first visit in the Maze. We were quite surprised when we got our place at the Chef's table in the kitchen. On one hand you miss the ambience of the restaurant itself, on the other hand we were impressed of the hard work in the kitchen itself. Sometimes it was hard to accept the hard language and cursing, but I suppose that's part of the game. The food, the service was excellent and we had a delightfull evening.Special Features:
- eylondonDined on 26/10/2014We were 2 couples booked this venue to catch up and enjoy nice Lunch but none of us like the special set menu choice. Overall we were disappointed but it was good to catch up with our friends. Service was excellent they tried to please.Special Features: