Maze Gordon Ramsay
10 - 13 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 6JPNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Maze Gordon Ramsay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/maze
- Phone: 02071070000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alex Thiebaut
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maze Gordon Ramsay
Breaking with formal traditions, maze serves French cuisine with Asian influences in tasting sized dishes, allowing diners to sample a wide variety of flavours and textures. This unique approach to dining is reflected in maze's stunning modern design by David Rockwell. maze also has four private dining rooms that are ideal for a more intimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maze Gordon Ramsay reviews from OpenTable diners
1568 reviews since 2 June 2014
special occasions (1004)fit for foodies (688)romance (605)business meals (587)pre/post theatre (237)outstanding value (228)group bookings (220)sunday lunch (195)brunch (123)good vegetarian options (102)child friendly (52)afternoon tea (44)outdoor eating (32)disabled access (15)Show More
- Really fabulous lunch with friendsNorfolk3Dined on 27/9/2014This was my second time visiting Maze with my two great friends who also loved it. Atmosphere very beautiful, service fantastic, staff friendly and informative with great knowledge about the food. We all had the chefs seven course menu and none of us could fault any of it.Special Features:
- to the next levelMiloDined on 26/9/2014somehow, Gordon and his team managed to bring the food and the experience to the next level.Special Features:
- an excellent venuemotownVIPDined on 25/9/2014We had a great meal. The portions are suitable for sharing, and each one was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special experiencehayleyeatsoutDined on 25/9/2014Came to The Maze for my surprise 50th Birthday lunch with my daughter and husband. Food was fabulous we had the seven course set menu, staff were friendly and attentive and we enjoyed everything about the food and the place! To top off we were invited to tour the kitchen and meet the chefs. Brilliant day thank you.Special Features:
- We had the most fantastic timeAbeighDined on 25/9/2014The service in this restaurant is among the best I have come across. As it was my friend's birthday, they gave her a free desert platter, wrote a birthday message in chocolate on a plate with a cupcake with a candle on and they gave the rest of us free Bellinis and pre-desert. The food itself was really good but deserts were limited (there were only two). After the meal, the staff offered to take us back to the kitchens to have a little tour. There were 6 of us and they took us all to meet the chefs and basically explain a little bit about how everything worked and we even had our pictures taken with the chefs. I would like to make a special mention to Kevan and the australian waiter who served us (sorry can't remember his name).Special Features:
- Not goodBournefreeVIPDined on 24/9/2014I hate to hark back to Jason athertons time here but this was first time for us since he left and There is simply no comparison the food was expensive and somewhat bland in addition to being tepid on Too many occasions . Danielle a waitress there was brilliant in trying to rescue the situation but it comes down to the kitchen. Gordon Ramsay strolled through that evening why doesn't he spend his time putting right his own restaurants And stop bothering with inadequates in other countries ?Special Features:
- Jess4youDined on 23/9/2014The menu seemed ridiculous as we were on a tiny table and to have the recommended amount of plates was impossible at the times we wanted them. Consequently we got our final plate (tiny as they all are!) on its own when the moment had gone and desert would be more appropriate. We were so close to the next table it was almost impossible to talk to each other as one of the occupants was horribly loud. We wouldn't go there again nor would we recommend it. Shame on you Gordon!Special Features:
- Maze LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/9/2014Initially apprehensive that it might be too stuffy for us ,how wrong I was. A casual but efficient service and the staff were so knowledgeable about the food and wine. Really loved the visit to the kitchen. An unforgettable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Servicemikel1Dined on 23/9/2014The service was absolutely fantastic. My wife and I absolutely enjoyed the attention to detail and how personal the service felt. I have already recommended the Maze to a few of my friends.Special Features:
- Great experiencePost1967Dined on 23/9/2014We took advantage of a £30 per head 4 course lunch offer and had a great time. Service was fantastic from everyone and the French/Japanese fusion was delicious. Great format with the choice of four different courses from savoury or sweet. The beef tataki (take on carpaccio) was stunning. Florent the maître d' was charming and took us behind the scenes into the kitchen at the end to meet head chef Alex and the team - as a keen home chef, that was a real treat! I'd definitely recommend maze. From the delicious food to the impeccable service. And good value to with a lunchtime offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special celebration lunchPurplePDined on 22/9/2014For a friend's 60th birthday we had the 4 courses and Bellini menu. It is really a tasting menu where you choose four dishes each. We tried all the dishes on the menu and shared them. They are small plates with a very good variety of flavours - the grilled octopus, beef Tataki and osso buco were my favourites. the staff were very attentive and don't hassle us when we took a good 2.5 hours late into the afternoon. Excellent wines suggestions and it was great being able to have a cafe of different wines to go with the different dishes. A very special lunch!Special Features:
- Does it get any better???OutstandingDined on 21/9/2014We were offered the kitchen table for our group. You couldn't have known how much we would appreciate it. Juts read 100 Foot Journey and was with CFO of Harper Collins Canada (who publish Gordon Ramsays books...) Timing was perfect and the kitchen atmosphere was perfect for this foodie! Behzael (head chef for the night) was outstanding as was Roberto (our waiter), Matheu (our sommelier) and Eric (our token Canadian chef in training!). The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was a great experience. Thanks so much. Barry StockSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing value for moneyACYoDined on 21/9/2014We had the 4 course set meal with a Bellini and it was really good. Portions were just right and food was amazing. Loved specially the beef tataki and the octopus. Sea bream was alright and the pork ossobuco could have been richer but overall great experience. One of us had the vegetarian menu and was completely happy as well. Service was spot on. Would definitely recommended it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticpinkyseabDined on 20/9/2014Having our 4 year old with us, we were unsure as to what welcome we would receive. 5 stars all round. Service was amazing as was the food. Staff went out of their way to make our daughter feel welcome, giving her a tour of the kitchens and her own liquid nitrogen show. 100% all round, we will be returning soon.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerSanaaDined on 20/9/2014We had dinner with my husband for his 1st time in London. We had a very great time. The restaurant is beautiful, the food is perfect and service lovely. I wish we had that level of restaurant in Switzerland! We Will definitly come back on our next trip to london.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appalling food and poor service!IKELW9Dined on 20/9/2014I booked a table at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant "Maze" as a surprise meal for my girlfriend's 21st birthday and was shocked with what we were served. I am certainly not a man to complain about any restaurant and experience but this is one which I feel was extremely bad. The food was expensive, which I expected and was more than willing to pay for good food but that is not what we received. The food looked amazing but had a number of problems: - It was served luke warm. - It was very bland. - Appearance of the dish was amazing but the flavour of the food (if any) was not. I go to a number of high end restaurants, and this is one I will never visit again. I could write paragraphs more about "maze" if you want to hear more please ask.
- Saturday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 20/9/2014I have to say the staff were lovely - they even showed us round the kitchen.
- Birthday Lunchbaz46Dined on 20/9/2014On arriving we were informed that our party of 4 was being upgraded to the Chef's table. We had a truly amazing lunch and enjoyed the "theatre" of the kitchen, the professionalism of the whole kitchen brigade was quite awe inspiring.. As usual at Maze the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very gooddbgiceDined on 19/9/2014We were 4 people two adults and two teens. The food was very good , and the service was the best. We really feelt lika the only people in the world and I have never had such good service. We had a wonderful night and i would love to go back. I even got one dish that i did not like and I was offered to choice another one wich i thougt was wonderful so all my food was great in the end. Gets my best recommendation.Special Features:
- Husband's Birthday Special TreatKLEDDined on 19/9/2014What an amazing experience! The service was absolute quality and all made us feel very well looked after. The wine waitress was great, knew exactly what we were looking for whilst being realistic with the price of the wine. The food waitress was also great and extremely welcoming and attentive. Generally a lovely vibe from all the staff who made everyone feel welcome and treated all guests the same. The food was absolutely gorgeous! I would highly recommend this place as a special treat. It is a little pricey but well worth it. Gordon has done a brilliant job with this restaurant and should be very proud indeed. I recommend the sushi platter tuna dish, crispy chicken thighs, lamb, chocolate profiteroles and the lychee martinis! Thank u!Special Features:
- Nice but priceyMaze09192014Dined on 19/9/2014well serviced, and excellent seating & ambiance. Breath taking pricing for both beverages and meal. But being London I guess I should have expected a + $ 200 per person with a bottle of wine, although the meal cost more than 3 days at my hotel. Taste was very good on the 3 courses we had, although the plate decorations and saucings seemed a bit bland for my tastes.Special Features:
- DMcGDMcGDined on 19/9/2014Fantastic post graduation celebration dinner, would recommend the Chefs menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!ToDineForDined on 19/9/2014It always helps when one arrives anywhere and the first words are; "You've been upgraded"... In our case we had booked a 4 course set lunch and were upgraded to the Chef's table. We had a fantastic experience, outstanding food which for a Michelin starred restaurant was reasonably priced. We had the 4 course lunch with a Pellini for £30. Two of the courses were brought to us by different Chefs, with the head Chef, Alex keeping an eye on things throughout. Our waiter was highly attentive, knowledgeable about both the restaurant and the dishes. A true professional. Each course was faultless.Special Features:
- Nice bad, bad ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 18/9/2014The place looks like a cheap cafeteria and not a restaurant that has pretensions to exclusivity and sophistication. No table cloths, loud room, bad quality soggy bread an airline would be ashamed to serve. The food is actually very good and creative but the atmosphere kills both the appetite and the appreciation of the taste and presentation.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 18/9/2014The food was excellent. However we found the ambience to be too noisy with loud music playing in the background. It was quite difficult for us to have a good conversation. One of our food courses was also mixed up. One of us had to wait for about 5-10 minutes after the others on the table had been served.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/9/2014Fantastic evening at Maze with friends. Staff were brilliant and looked after us well. Manager was particularly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food at a priceDisappointedDined on 17/9/2014The food was intense and tasty, but do not go there hungry as the portions are small and not cheap! Service was good (although I for the impression that the restaurant was overstaffed as there were more people standing around than serving).Special Features:
- Excelent experience!Javi74Dined on 16/9/2014We had a great night, with great food, great service and perfect ambiance. Sabrina was our waitress, she enhanched our meal experience, thanks to her. Congratulations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing lunch at the chefs tableAnneTMDined on 16/9/2014We were very lucky to be upgraded to the chef's table on the special occasion of my twin nieces 18 birthday. The lunch was my part of my gift to them and was so fantastic that the twins will remember always. It is so lovely to be treated so well, the service was outstanding and every course was so delicious, we were delighted with our experience.Special Features:
- RyanDined on 15/9/2014Had dinner at Maze for my partners 30th Birthday and the staff where very helpfully when asked if they could keep some flowers and put them on the table when we arrived. the food was amazing and so was the service. My partner even got a happy birthday plate with candle and cup cake which was very nice.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 15/9/2014The set menu was great value and the service was amazing, definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningHappyBirthDayBexsDined on 14/9/2014Absolutely faultless! We had a family night out to celebrate our daughters 21st Birthday. Because we had booked for an early start we were offered (& went for) the 4 courses & a Bellini Deal. I was a little unsure as to what to expect & if the Deal would end up being a naff option. But I need not have worried – from the minute we set foot in the Restaurant we were made to feel very welcome by each & every staff member we met . We had been upgraded to the Chefs table & he would take us through when ready. We then had a tour of the Kitchen & were seated directly opposite were the Chefs cook & prepare the dishes. The food & wine were superb. I cannot thank the staff of Maze enough & especially our Host Loik for all their superb hospitality.Special Features:
- Amazing DinnerAustralianDined on 13/9/2014We travelled from Sydney, Australia on holiday and spend our anniversary dinner at Gordon Ramsay's Maze and had a wonderful time. The food and staff were brilliant and made our night extremely special. I would definitely recommend Maze to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday dinner experience!travelshowhostDined on 13/9/2014My husband and I were visiting London from Stockholm for his birthday. We went for a theater musical in the afternoon to be followed by dinner at Maze. The dinner experience was just first class! Excellent service from the entrance all the way to our "mini tour" of the kitchen (this was a spontaneous request). We each had the chef's menu, which included 7-courses and we ordered additional champagne (of course!). Every course was well-plated, with interesting combination of flavours and textures. We especially loved the duck which was so tender and juicy that it was almost like eating a prime cut of steak. We've had lots of really good duck but that was out of this world. And to close, they prepared a birthday brownie for my husband <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liisa62Dined on 12/9/2014Boring experience and totally rip-off. Some of the dishes were not in balance and when I mentioned that the personnel they seemed to be afraid of sharing my comments to kitchen. Most of the wines in wine packet did not match at all with the dishes. Do not go again.
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!Bexmoo2Dined on 12/9/2014We booked a table at Maze to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were so glad we did. We were congratulated on our special occasion as soon as we approached the restaurant and were looked after amazingly! All the staff were attentive and very knowledgable about all the dishes. We chose the 7 course taster menu and found it to be presented well and all tasted delicious. We we're presented with a special anniversary plate at the end of our meal and a tour of the kitchen to round up a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!WinkleDined on 10/9/2014Really really delicious food - loved the lamb, duck, octopus, sushi! And really good service, would go back again for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Amazing experience at MazeJCo81VIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful food, if on the small side! Amazing service. The staff made a major fuss of us when they knew we were celebrating our anniversary. Really lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the highlight of my London tripChefKDined on 8/9/2014We had dinner here during our travel to London. All menus are delicately made and very flavourful. Specially I love the chargrilled octopus dish, it was perfectly cooked and has very well balanced flavour!! Amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.DamoDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent, great presentations and taste. Me and my girlfriend came there for testing menu lunch and were pleasantly surprised how delicious and filling it was. We especially liked the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.