Maze Gordon Ramsay
10 - 13 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 6JPNeighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Maze Gordon Ramsay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/maze
- Phone: 02071070000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alex Thiebaut
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maze Gordon Ramsay
Breaking with formal traditions, maze serves French cuisine with Asian influences in tasting sized dishes, allowing diners to sample a wide variety of flavours and textures. This unique approach to dining is reflected in maze's stunning modern design by David Rockwell. maze also has four private dining rooms that are ideal for a more intimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maze Gordon Ramsay reviews from OpenTable diners
1599 reviews since 21 May 2014
special occasions (1022)fit for foodies (704)romance (619)business meals (595)pre/post theatre (244)outstanding value (241)group bookings (221)sunday lunch (204)brunch (124)good vegetarian options (107)child friendly (51)afternoon tea (47)outdoor eating (34)disabled access (16)Show More
- Excelent experience!Javi74Dined on 16/9/2014We had a great night, with great food, great service and perfect ambiance. Sabrina was our waitress, she enhanched our meal experience, thanks to her. Congratulations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RyanDined on 15/9/2014Had dinner at Maze for my partners 30th Birthday and the staff where very helpfully when asked if they could keep some flowers and put them on the table when we arrived. the food was amazing and so was the service. My partner even got a happy birthday plate with candle and cup cake which was very nice.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 15/9/2014The set menu was great value and the service was amazing, definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningHappyBirthDayBexsDined on 14/9/2014Absolutely faultless! We had a family night out to celebrate our daughters 21st Birthday. Because we had booked for an early start we were offered (& went for) the 4 courses & a Bellini Deal. I was a little unsure as to what to expect & if the Deal would end up being a naff option. But I need not have worried – from the minute we set foot in the Restaurant we were made to feel very welcome by each & every staff member we met . We had been upgraded to the Chefs table & he would take us through when ready. We then had a tour of the Kitchen & were seated directly opposite were the Chefs cook & prepare the dishes. The food & wine were superb. I cannot thank the staff of Maze enough & especially our Host Loik for all their superb hospitality.Special Features:
- Amazing DinnerAustralianDined on 13/9/2014We travelled from Sydney, Australia on holiday and spend our anniversary dinner at Gordon Ramsay's Maze and had a wonderful time. The food and staff were brilliant and made our night extremely special. I would definitely recommend Maze to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liisa62Dined on 12/9/2014Boring experience and totally rip-off. Some of the dishes were not in balance and when I mentioned that the personnel they seemed to be afraid of sharing my comments to kitchen. Most of the wines in wine packet did not match at all with the dishes. Do not go again.
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!Bexmoo2Dined on 12/9/2014We booked a table at Maze to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were so glad we did. We were congratulated on our special occasion as soon as we approached the restaurant and were looked after amazingly! All the staff were attentive and very knowledgable about all the dishes. We chose the 7 course taster menu and found it to be presented well and all tasted delicious. We we're presented with a special anniversary plate at the end of our meal and a tour of the kitchen to round up a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!WinkleDined on 10/9/2014Really really delicious food - loved the lamb, duck, octopus, sushi! And really good service, would go back again for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Amazing experience at MazeJCo81VIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful food, if on the small side! Amazing service. The staff made a major fuss of us when they knew we were celebrating our anniversary. Really lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the highlight of my London tripChefKDined on 8/9/2014We had dinner here during our travel to London. All menus are delicately made and very flavourful. Specially I love the chargrilled octopus dish, it was perfectly cooked and has very well balanced flavour!! Amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.DamoDined on 7/9/2014Food was excellent, great presentations and taste. Me and my girlfriend came there for testing menu lunch and were pleasantly surprised how delicious and filling it was. We especially liked the duck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodLazzerbDined on 6/9/2014The food is amazing, the service excellent. The background music was dreadful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You feel like nobleLukaszDined on 6/9/2014I was always afraid that in posh restaurant I won't know how to behave. But at Maze I felt great. We picked it up for our anniversary and we don't regret. Prices were spot on value, when food and service was amazing. Cheerful team that tried to make our evening great without being annoying. I can't stop saying how good food was and how place makes people focus on each other. We will surely come back. P.S. service is taken very serious and once restaurant have found out we have anniversary we have been given small, but tasty and adorable gift that meant more than thousand words. Love that place.Special Features:
- raytyDined on 6/9/2014Our time at maze this time was very disappointing the food was not as good and we found a hair in our food the staff were very sorry and took money of the bill which was kind of them but it really put us off and as we had taken friends there for a special occasion is spoilt the afternoon I will say the first time we went for my 50th we had a wonderful time I think we were just unluckily this time the staff I have to say wee all so helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but mediocre foodMontyDined on 6/9/2014Could not fault the friendliness of the staff- They were outstanding and obviously work incredibly hard. The food however, is just not that great in a nutshell.We had the four course special which pricewise was very good value for money. I could not eat one of my courses, it was unpleasant and the second course was a little bland. However the next two courses including a sweet were quite nice and this saved the day for us. As did the staff, who just bend over backwards to ensure that all guests have a lovely experience. GR is not a favourite chef, and this reiterated it for me I am afraid. It's just not great food and never is.
- best restaurant !!!SammmmDined on 5/9/2014The chef even lead us to visit the kitchen!!! So excited! Amazing food and amazing service! We'll definitely go there next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable meal.JanoDined on 5/9/2014We had the seven course set menu and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were very attentive and our table near the front window felt quite private. We were visitors to London and felt the meal left us with pleasant memories.Special Features:
- siggeDined on 5/9/2014We were disappointed in the lack of atmosphere, it gave us no feeling of eating in a first class restaurant. Although the food was of good quality it lacked in flavour. The best thing about the place was the very good service and pleasant staff.
- aMazinghugs139Dined on 4/9/2014Went for for the 4 courses for £30 with a Bellini. Was delicious food well presented. Very attentive service, at some points almost too attentive for me and my partner as we are not used to people filling up our water glasses every time we take a drink! About 9 different staff touched our table at some point and all were polite and knowledge about the menu. Didn't even blink when I ordered confit duck instead of pudding! All in all a great experience. 2 diners plus some wine and water came to £100Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceBowieDined on 3/9/2014Great food, service and experience. Can't speak highly enough of this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Best dining experience everOmilyn1Dined on 2/9/2014The food was simply amazing. We had the 4 course meal and our expectations were far surpassed. And the dessert of chocolate peanut bar with caramelised banana and banana ice cream was to die for ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very different, very specialdocdDined on 2/9/2014The early evening special offer - 4 courses plus Bellini for £30 - is great. Small quantities of fantastic food - an entirely different culinary experience. RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny pretentious portionsGruffDined on 2/9/2014Curious to understand the point of this menu. At £30 including glass of prosecco, it was cheap enough and the food was OK, but it left the impression of a stingy restaurant as the portions were really tiny. Increasing the portion sizes by 30% would not cost much in food or labour costs and would transform the experience. If it were not for six bread rolls and the petit fours, I would have sought a MacDonald's to fill up! Bit canteen like and few customers (Monday lunch). No table cloths. (A friend once said only go to places with white tablecloths, and I think he has a point!) You get what you pay for and this was low cost for what it is (relatively) but it does nothing to advertise Maze and for much better value I would head elsewhere.
- Maze Opent TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/9/2014Not sure what happened here but we used Open Table to benefit from their special deals. Was given several option through the night for table booking times but up[on arrival we were informed that the Open Table deal ended at 7pm. We booked for 8pm. Therefore we never got the deal. Have since check the booking page and I am still not sure how you secure the deal so please watch out for this. Some of dishes were exquisite , some average, one did not work. Service was very good except one course took over 30mins to arrive although we were compensated for this and profusely apologised to. The setting was good and overall we had a pleasant evening although having to pay the full menu price
- Very nice mealollyDined on 1/9/2014Went here for a birthday meal with my wife, got the £30 for four courses option, good value. Courses is probably too strong a word, as some of the dishes were very small, but with four of them plus additional nibbles thrown in we were full by the end. By sharing each one, we were able to sample almost the entire set menu and had some really interesting stuff. Very attentive waiting staff and excellent food.
- 'Mazing MazeKimberleyVIPDined on 1/9/2014We had a great time at MAZE, the selection on the Set Menu was enough (we'd read that it was limited - although we really liked it). We chose one of everything so we could try all the dishes. They were small, but filling. There also were additional bread, sorbet and a gift box after the meal, which really added to the experience. The staff were very friendly, and talked through the menu and happy to offer suggestions. The chocolate peanut butter pudding was a dream!Special Features:
- Impeccable service & flawless foodBiggHDined on 31/8/2014Having booked Maze for my first anniversary celebratory dinner I was extremely impressed. The extra special service received due to it being a special occasion was a nice touch. The food was beautifully presented and tasted amazing. I especially enjoyed the grilled octopus and the chocolate, Banana and peanut dessert. I would highly recommend Maze to anyone desiring a high dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Maze Experiencecathbal66Dined on 31/8/2014From our welcome at the front desk to our final goodbyes, our evening was made special by the friendly attentiveness of those looking after us at Maze. Everything was done with a smile which created an atmosphere of informal dining in relaxed surroundings from the start. The food was spectacular and met all expectations - in the case of the duck and pork dishes, expectations were exceeded! Our £30 deal inc. 4 courses + a Bellini cocktail - great value for money considering the quality of food. We had pre- and post-dinner cocktails as well as a bottle of wine, but the cost was what we'd expected, so no huge shocks on the bill. In all, for our 23rd wedding anniversary, this was exactly what we had in mind and look forward to going again.Special Features:
- Overpriced for a 1 star MichelinGourmetseekerDined on 30/8/2014Ordered 4 dishes from a la carte and the dish is fair, not outstanding but ok. The disappointing part was the dessert, menu said it's a white chocolate cheese cake, however it turned out to be some tiny bit of white chocolate paste on a thin sheet of pineapple. The special "Szechuan powder" on it was just cinnamon (They could have called it cinnamon powder so customers are more informed about potential allergies) In conclusion it will be a fair restaurant if it doesn't bear the Michelin 1 star reputation while priced at 2-star.
- Amazed at Maze2GourmetDined on 30/8/2014Maze Gordon Ramsey: a well trained brigade, high quality ingredients prepared so well, clean subtle complimentary flavours. A rare delight.Special Features:
- Superb DiningOztravellerDined on 30/8/2014Excellent restaurant. Presentation, service and menu are super mega extra 1st class. Extensive wine list, impressive selection from around the globe... Fantastic range of orgasmic courses, quality ingredients served in interesting and novel ways....cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:
- Everything I hoped forEngelDined on 30/8/2014Watching several of the series with Gordon Ramsay, was looking forward to try one of his upper standard restaurants. My expectations were very high and I must say it was everything I hoped for. The service is just outstanding, no mistakes at all, highly friendly and professional. The meals were perfect, everything together just the combination one would hope to find in any restaurant. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has gone downhill!londondinerDined on 29/8/2014Ah Maze a few years ago! The food looked beautiful, tasted sublime so you could forgive the prices. Now we have mediocre Japanese-inspired dishes and friendly but sometimes incompetent service from almost incomprehensibly accented waiting staff. The 'sommelier' (why call him that if he doesn't have a clue) was stumped by our question on one of the more obscure wines on the ipad wine list. The amuse bouche was disgustingly greasy, the bread stale, the 'petits fours' cheap and nasty. Glasses were refilled constantly, both water and wine bottles taken not quite empty. This place has clearly become a money making machine for American tourists. For the rest of us - there are SOO many good restaurants in London, we can give Maze a miss.
- OutstandingTatters21Dined on 28/8/2014On this occasion we had the tasting menu the only slight observation I would make is the main choice could have been a choice of fish or meat rather than two meat options, that said the duck was superb. Having been to the Maze many times the whole experience start to finish is one you will not forget. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/8/2014A really wonderful meal and experience. Food amazing but service from everyone we met was what made it. Fantastic recommendations on drinks and food from the team, I made a special request and the manager made it happen. Probably the highlight was Sabrina our waitress, really funny but professional and the Lemon dry ice really was a stand out moment we have not stopped laughing about it. We all agreed was the best meal we had had in years but the overall experience was the best ever.Special Features:
- Food Heaven in LondonRegsDined on 28/8/2014Well, this being a Gordon Ramsay restaurant - of course we had high expectations. I can honestly say this restaurant met all our expectations and beyond. We have not been to many restaurants where the staff actually looked as if they really enjoyed their job. The service was simply outstanding. The food was absolutely amazing. We were actually in heaven! We would like to thank the staff, the chefs and thank Gordon Ramsay for our wonderful experience. Well done Sir. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and you will definitely be seeing us again! :-DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KainaraOliveiraDined on 27/8/2014Foi um dos melhores atendimentos que tive em toda minha vida, sem exageros! Impecável! Garçons super atenciosos e sempre dispostos a ajudar na escolha do drink, da comida... O ambiente é lindo e excelente para ocasiões especiais. A apresentação dos pratos é interessante e a qualidade da comida é muito boa (mas não maravilhosa). Frise-se que as porções são bem pequenas. A carta de vinho é muito boa, vc escolhe no ipad trazido pela sommelier. Um pouco inflacionada tb. Vale salientar que é interessante fazer reserva. A conta gira em torno de 80-100 libras por pessoa. Resumindo, vale a experiência e retornaria pelo conjunto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!londoneatsVIPDined on 27/8/2014I went to Maze for dinner with my family for a special occasion and they upgraded us to the Chef's table in the kitchen - loved it! Great intimate setting, we got to see how the kitchen worked and the service was impeccable. We had the set menu of 4 courses for 30 pounds and it was definitely worth it. They even gave us a free pre-dessert! Will definitely come back to try more from the A la carte menu!Special Features:
- 4 course taster delights!skh2250Dined on 26/8/2014We really had a wonderful experience at The Maze. Upon arrival, the maître d wished us a happy anniversary. The service was impeccable, unrushed and each dish described perfectly! The sommelier suggested a wine that was within our budget which we really enjoyed. We sat at the bar after our meal and enjoyed a cocktail. All in all we really enjoyed celebrating our anniversary at The Maze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something extraodinaryJonesDined on 25/8/2014Was there with two friends, tho we dont look like millionairs, we got the service as all other! I can only recommend anyone going to London on vacation to visit this place. And second, go for the chefs menu and try their homemade drinks!Special Features: