Maze Gordon Ramsay
10 - 13 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 6JPNeighbourhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: £26 to £40
Maze Gordon Ramsay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/maze
- Phone: 02071070000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: 6pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Alex Thiebaut
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maze Gordon Ramsay
Breaking with formal traditions, maze serves French cuisine with Asian influences in tasting sized dishes, allowing diners to sample a wide variety of flavours and textures. This unique approach to dining is reflected in maze's stunning modern design by David Rockwell. maze also has four private dining rooms that are ideal for a more intimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maze Gordon Ramsay reviews from OpenTable diners
1554 reviews since 25 October 2013
special occasions (986)fit for foodies (682)romance (602)business meals (582)pre/post theatre (227)outstanding value (215)group bookings (214)sunday lunch (189)brunch (122)good vegetarian options (97)child friendly (52)afternoon tea (43)outdoor eating (32)disabled access (16)Show More
- We was first time in MAZELithuania55lauraDined on 23/10/2014I can say it was expensive we get not full service regards menu was not clear and was not explain in a front about 2 sites restaurant we did not know they have grill till we leave and say we not coming if the menu it's no changing we find that as a ok 1st time but second time we come to grill site to Maze restaurant and I had sower from one of the waitress new she spill water on me and my camera wasn't nice feeling.... thanks any waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mazemoanerDined on 23/10/2014did not realise it was asian fussion,but food was good,if small portions.Ambience was a bit flat,but will not be going back.
- Maze AmazingVictoriaSpongeDined on 23/10/2014Lunch at Maze exceeded our expectations. We were a party of 9 and we ate from the set, four course, tasting menu. Every dish was presented beautifully and all were flavour sensations. The service was just perfect, the surprise additions to the menu delightful and the thoughtful addition of a chocolate inscribed 'Happy Anniversary' plate for one of the party, plus a tour of the kitchen, resulted in nine very happy friends.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 22/10/2014Special occasion was not disappointed. Food was incredible had the set menu and it was fabulousSpecial Features:
- LovelySammyDined on 21/10/2014The restaurant was very lovely and the service as well. Was very classy. The food was ok. Nothing special and quite mediocre, but for me that's ok. The overall experience was positive. It's a good place to go if you want to dine in a fancy setting without having to leave your whole pay check behind. The dessert was over priced though.Special Features:
- dodoDined on 21/10/2014Had the set lunch which included a Bellini, for £33 a head . The service was impeccable, and the food was superb. There were no set courses, but 4 separate dishes could be chosen. The portions were generous and the presentation was artistic. Wine is expensive. The set menu was excellent value for a Michelin-starred restaurant in the middle of Mayfair.Special Features:
- SuperbJVBOWERSDined on 19/10/2014Superb evening, great food and excellent service. Really enjoyed our visit and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 18/10/2014Not outstanding - have eaten at Chelsea Hospital and thought it was betterSpecial Features:
- Amazing experience- amazing staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 18/10/2014Had an amazing anniversary meal where staff could not do enough for us, food was amazing and we were allowed to order as we went along to avoid ordering to much. Taken into kitchen to look round and given very interesting talk by staff and then received special anniversary pudding. Nothing was to much trouble and seemed that way for everyone, no rush to leave table and had amazing cocktail in bar, yes was expensive but for a special occasion worth every pennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swiss precision in LondonswissliDined on 17/10/2014We came for lunch on a gift voucher from our daughter, but would return on our own. The dishes were creative, tasty and nicely presented. The wine pairings complimented the cuisine, also. It was comfortable, yet efficient and relaxing. The atmosphere was welcoming and not overly formal .Special Features:
- noisy and confusedcomesaDined on 15/10/2014we expected a lot from Maze. Big deception. It isa by far too much noisy to allow for a dinner. Food is dated and will need some big revision tot improve. We booked for 8.30pm but we had to wait half an hour before being seated. Service confused not knowing well the different services. Unless big changes not worth the money
- An expensive treatAnonymousDined on 14/10/2014It was a last minute decision to treat ourselves to a restaurant outside our usual choice. Was not sure what to expect but enjoyed the experience. Limited on choice of quantity of courses due to cost of dishes and had to plump for the cheapest white wine on the menu to keep the cost of the meal down, hence why we did not choose to take deserts or coffee as well. If we were more affluent then we would have chosen the £75 seven course menu . Had 3 dishes each , 2 bottles of still water and a bottle of wine at £23 and the bill including £2 each seat charge and 12.5% optional gratuity (could not fault the service! it came to a total bill of £250 for 4 people. At least we had an opportunity to see how the other half live (or dine out!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best is the normFoodieYankee52Dined on 14/10/2014Always enjoy eating at the Maze in Mayfair! The service, food, staff and ambience are all in sync for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Must doDaniDined on 13/10/2014If you are looking to have a great great night you must go and ask to be surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, wine and servicesura22Dined on 13/10/2014A really wonderful experience. The Chef's Menu was so good, and the wine recommendations were perfect. Great service.Special Features:
- OutstandingFool4wineDined on 13/10/2014This was my first trip to the Maze and I was not disappointed. The food was amazing and atmosphere was extremely comfortable. The service from the whole team was 1st class, probably the best I have ever experienced. each team member, while being professional and attentive, where also personable which really help to contributed to an enjoyable afternoon. A visit is highly recommended, I will be definitely be heading back there for another outstanding lunch and more impressive wine recommendations from the sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFood4twoDined on 12/10/2014My wife and I went to the Maze Gordon Ramsay on a Sunday lunch. The atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable. Service was excellent, even though they experienced some technical difficulties with the computer system, they were always polite and with good sense of humour. He had the set menu, not expensive at all for what you get with it. Food was well prepared (a bit off in meat cooking timings as the osso buco was over cooked...) and delicious. Good attention to detail, such as food allergies. We will definitely come back and recommend to our friends and familySpecial Features:
- Very different from what I thoughtSusieFoodieDined on 12/10/2014Somehow I thought Maze would be swish and sophisticated but it had a tatty look - maybe aiming for shabby chic? We turned left when we entered into the restaurant, the other side looked even more grim and canteen like but I didn’t go in there. The chair I was given in the cocktail section was very uncomfortable. However, the service was lovely and friendly. The set lunch menu was interesting in that you could choose any four dishes you wanted from it. So if you just wanted desserts you could; it was very flexible, brilliant idea. I liked the food and it was a bit different but I’m just not convinced in a good way. It is worth a visit though to make up your own mind. Unusual selection for wine carafes but they were quite disappointingSpecial Features:
- Great place!jojobaDined on 12/10/2014My family and I visited this place while touring London. Very impressed with the food and portions were bigger than expected. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Very enjoyableBessyDined on 11/10/2014I wouldn't go as far as taking pictures of every single dish like the people next to us (!!!) however we did enjoy our meal and some of the dishes were exceptionally good - my favourite was the English breakfast on the Chef's menu. I did notice however that there was not a single vegetarian option on the menu we were given. Tables a bit too close to each other as well. Not the choice for an overweight vegetarian then, but it worked for us medium sized meat eaters. Couldn't fault the meal really, it was greatSpecial Features:
- Amazing food!LWaltonDined on 11/10/2014Had a brilliant night at the Maze restaurant. We literally couldn't fault a thing, the food, service, knowledge of the waiters were all amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing tourist trapOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had high expectations going to Maze but were largely disappointed - the dishes were badly composed and taste was bland (expect the excellent sushi), the service very industrial and we ended up ordering and paying for more than needed as one of our several waiters insisted we order 4 dishes each - even if 3 is enough. We felt we were in a typical tourist trap where staff only try to get as much money from you as possible as they'll never see you again. Well it worked, I will never go to a Ramsay restaurant again and I will tell all my friends about it. Perhaps Jamie's next time I'm in London?
- Sadly didn't meet expectationsKw2707Dined on 10/10/2014We went to Maze with our friends for dinner on a Friday night. The restaurant was very busy with a lively atmosphere. My vegetarian friend said there was a good vegetarian menu. We chose 3 dishes each of the savoury options as the plates are between a starter and main course. The food is beautifully presented and very tasty. I particularly enjoyed the scallop dish. Service was average not up to standard for a restaurant with a Michelin star. Sadly my dessert was ruined when I found a long black hair in it. The initial response from the waitress was not what one would expect although the head waiter did make amends by taking the service off our bill and offering us free coffees. A somewhat disappointing end to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired and overpriced!NutgirlupDined on 7/10/2014I'm sorry to say that Maze is definitely off the boil! Dinner on Tuesday night was tasteless and tired. Ŵe were seated at the rear of the restaurant where the AC was so cold we had to ask to be moved. The staff were great and sorted a new table for us quite promptly and although it wasn't as cold the temperature was not entirely comfortable. The food (we each ordered three courses) has none of the lightness of depth of flavour that Asian fusion food should have. The Turbot was dry and overlooked. Duck was chewy and the tuna so cold from the fridge that you,couldn't taste it. All in all a very disappointing meal. We didn't bother to have dessert as it didn't seem worth the calorie comsumption!!
- Amazing experienceSam12345Dined on 7/10/2014I booked this restaurant after seeing good reviews on OpenTable and wanted to experience the Gordon Ramsay style of food. We were certainly not disappointed. The attention to detail with the food,service,ambience and style is impeccable and I would and have recommended this highly to friends and family. They took the trouble to also bring out a 'Happy Birthday' sweet little cake which was a lovely surprise. I thought the food was excellent particularly as we only ordered the set menu. Awesome experience..thanks very much ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014loved the food , very tasty and beautifully displayed. would recommend more chicken and meat dishes than fish thoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnmarzDined on 6/10/2014Great everything... Food, drinks, service, and atmosphere. Definitely a go to place when i'm in London.Special Features:
- Set MenuSJeatsDined on 6/10/2014Excellent service and atmosphere as always, the 4 course meal and Bellini offers excellent value for what you get however on this occasion we were a little disappointed with both the choices on the menu and the dishes themselves. Still in the very good meal category but not as wowing as it usually is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful lunchLovetoLunchDined on 6/10/2014My friend and I had the 30GBP 4 course lunch menu which I think is very reasonable. All courses were beautiful. Service was impeccable - we wanted for nothing. I particularly liked the seabass, done in an Asian mushroom broth. And was really happy to find a great French Rose on the wine menu.Special Features:
- Great food, attentive serviceDette333Dined on 5/10/2014We were lucky enough to get a 3 course lunch deal through OpenTable to try Maze. it was fabulous. The food was amazing, the service attentive and friendly and the recommended desert wine topped off a wonderful lazy Sunday lunch. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perfect!Tastyfood2014Dined on 4/10/2014I took my husband for his 30th birthday, although it was very expensive we found it to be worth it for the experience and a special treat! The service was brilliant, especially Robert :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Well what an absolutely amazing experience! the staff made us feel welcome and like VIP's throughout our visit and as it was our 20th Wedding Anniversary they made the evening even more memorable with a guided visit to the kitchens to meet all of the chef's :) cant wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 poor for a G R restaurantJaegerSchnitzelDined on 4/10/2014I had been to the Maze before and I loved the experience and my daughter asked me to go there again. The second time around the experience was quiet different and not good. The restaurant was busy and the ‘lack’ of service was a permanent feature. We didn’t get any bread or butter nothing and we were eating a la carte. The Mocktails for the girls were mainly full of ice and there was not much exotic fruit juice inside. I was surprised that the overall performance dropped to such a poor level and will not recommend this place. There are many other good restaurants in Mayfair.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Faultless food in beautiful surroundings. Try the Chefs Menu for a truly outstanding culinary Tour de force. From start to finish every mouthful was a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMax13Dined on 4/10/2014Having last been to Maze years ago, when it was run by Jason Atherton (& thought it was pretty fantastic), I decided it was worth finding out how good it remains without him at the helm. The answer unfortunately is not very. Whilst nothing was truly terrible or offensive, the big problem here was that the food just wasn't very good. Bland food with little or no flavour. One to avoid given the incredible riches on offer in the London dining scene. This disappointed me so much I immediately booked The Square for an upcoming lunch....there I know I won't be disappointed.
- roger lamothetrustme4realDined on 3/10/2014hi! I don't know if it was my or their misunderstanding but I wanted the set menu but was told by the waitress this wasn't available on Fridays or Saturdays! BUT the maitradee very kindly apologised for the misunderstanding and we we're only charged the set menu price PLUS my glass of wine which was £12 and my wife's soft drink were not added to the bill,FANTASTIC!!!! If your want style and quality then this is the place.Special Features:
- Maze is 5star for food and serviceACooperDined on 3/10/2014Brilliant experience from start to finish. Loved the Food, amazing looking dishes from the squid with flowers on the plate to the dumpling in the soup/sauce. My girlfriend, son and I had one of her best ever experiences at the Maze for her birthday and we will be back for more good food!Special Features:
- Outstanding placeSilviaDined on 1/10/2014My husband and I were delighted with the whole experience. People were really friendly, the ambience is sophisticated but easygoing, the sommelier recommended really good wines and the food was great! We have already commented to friends about it. Excellent experience. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingsomethingwonderfulDined on 1/10/2014The food and service is don't to perfection was amazing. A wonderful place to go for a special/romantic occasion. We felt very well cared for and every attention to detail given to us even with other customers There. We felt as we had a taster menu there wasn't a lot for the money you pay. But we would still go back again as the whole experience was wonderful. As said food was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing!!Special Features:
- Wasn't the wow factor experienceBusinessBratDined on 30/9/2014I went here with business associates, wanting the wow factor. consequently we ordered the taster menu. in short, nothing wowed me. No flavor was specifically exciting and my colleagues said the same. Nothing was badly cooked, the service, although overwhelming (about 15 different people served us during the meal and all were picked for their funky appearance, rather than their ability to speak English or explain the menu) was attentive and good. I just wasn't wowed and I had wanted to be. I have eaten at a wonderful restaurant in France, run by acclaimed chef Michel Bras and I think his boiled egg amuse bouche knocked spots off Gordon's.Special Features: