10 - 13 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 6JPNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/mazegrill/
- Phone: 02074952211
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Sunday:
Breakfast: 6.45am - 10.30am
Lunch & Dinner: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maze Grill
Taking inspiration from New York's grill restaurants and designed around a modern townhouse kitchen, maze Grill offers a wide selection of different breeds and cuts of beef cooked over a char grill at the guest's specification. The Butcher's Block table is made from a single piece of solid English oak and seats up to 12 guests who look out over the action and theatre of the maze grill kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maze Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
807 reviews since 23 May 2014
special occasions (458)business meals (327)romance (272)fit for foodies (203)group bookings (165)pre/post theatre (126)outstanding value (96)sunday lunch (91)child friendly (86)brunch (70)outdoor eating (46)afternoon tea (21)good vegetarian options (14)disabled access (6)Show More
- Mixed resultsamloveitorleaveitDined on 17/9/2014Excellent sushi variety and flavours, strange for a "Grill" bar, but the pan fried salmon tranche my wife had, was hardly what she expected, no flavour. Very practical venue for quick lunch meetings, especially if you are staying in the hotel.Special Features:
- What a shameGreeniesDined on 13/9/2014My husband and I visited Maze last Saturday for an birthday meal. The first thing that struck us was how closely packed in the tables were leaving little or no privacy. Secondly the whole room smelt strongly of charred meat and old cooking fat (not a good combination). The sommelier came and gave us the wine menu, and left us to make our choice. However, when they returned and were told of our choice they kept trying to make us change our mind telling us that the Italian wine they wanted us to have was the same as the New Zealand wine we wanted. The wine was then served with bad grace all evening. When the food arrived it was burned on the top ,the chips were not properly cooked and the onion rings were raw. Not good at all!!!
- Absolutely amazing!!!Jules998Dined on 13/9/2014The best food experience I have had, from start to finish we were treated like royalty, the staff couldn't do enough for you!! Opening doors, excellent service, a nod and they are right with you! Fantastic, and the food was something else, best steak I have ever eaten, impeccable waiters, and even a 'happy birthday' song with a lovely little cake to finish. Topped off this wonderful night for me and my fiancées 30th birthday. The drinks (cocktails) were gorgeous, cannot rate this place highly enough. It was very clean, and had a beautiful interior. Honestly couldn't fault it if I tried, hats off to you Gordon Ramsay, your staff and your restaurant are a credit to you!! :)Special Features:
- Amazing!CrowDined on 12/9/2014everything was good, it is a little bit expensive but totally worth itSpecial Features:
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014Excellent service, seated straight away, great choice with the steak, enjoyed being shown the meat cuts in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vould recommendMinitrolletDined on 11/9/2014Our experience here was great! The food was excellent, the service wonderfull and the restaurant is beautiful! Well worth the visit from Norway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragejuicylucyDined on 10/9/2014Nice enough, but for thiss sort of money there are far better options in London.
- A superb experience!GenevieveDined on 8/9/2014A fine dining experience of the first order. Maze Grill excels in every category. Memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- À bit of mistakes, Good serviceLIsa88Dined on 5/9/2014Had to Wait à half hour for our table to get ready. One of our dishes was out so we got another one, and were charged for the new more expensive one. They fixed it after we pointed it out But still.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal everKarinaDined on 4/9/2014I visited London (after stopping at Paris, Bordeaux and Amsterdam) from New Jersey and I can honestly say I had the most amazing meal at Maze. The shrimp, sushi, steak and lobster were so delicious and the drinks unbeatable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab for steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014We had a fab time with some great food and lots of wine. Great if you're a meat eater! And the whole steak experience (being introduced beforehand - don't worry, no cows on site or anything!) was superb, but I was really looking forward to the squid starter which was unfortunately it was a little over cooked. Staff were very attentive, but I think a 12% service charge and £2 a head cover charge were unnecessary - this amounts to a lot when you're a table of 8 out celebrating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicemotherofbirthdayboyDined on 1/9/2014We went to celebrate my son's birthday on Monday 1 sept and Gordon Ramsey and party were also celebrating a child's birthday at the restaurant. The staff spent so much time focusing on them that we got really poor service. Our side dishes arrived 15 minutes + after the steaks and that was only after asking 2 or 3 times for them. The steaks were cold &half eaten by the time we got the fries etc. For a restaurant whose owner makes a living on TV telling everyone else how they mess up, this was shocking and now I can't watch Ramsey on TV without thinking how hypcritical he is - he was actually in the restaurant while his staff were screwing up and he didn't even notice. Won't come again in a hurry though we've been many times before.
- Loved the serviceJojjanDined on 30/8/2014A nice restaurant in a nice neighborhood. The service was outstanding Very good meat, wines and dessertsSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and service to matchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 30/8/2014As you would expect from a Ramsey Named restaurant, the service and food were both excellent and the actual overall setting matched. Would recommend this place to anyone, the steak was particularly good, family enjoyed the choice and quality of cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #OutstandingFilipMaekiDined on 30/8/2014It was better than we thought! we loved it. the meat was even better than I thought, it was just great. Thank you for everything!Special Features:
- Must returnGreedyguzzler73Dined on 30/8/2014First time to Maize and wouldn't hesitate to return. Service was great and the food was to die for. Only wish I had a bigger stomach! It was a relaxed atmosphere and the overall experience was first classSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Year Anniversary Dinnerwhu86jcDined on 30/8/2014Food was brilliant, Although the meal was over £100 you definitely pay for what you get!!! We hadn't specifically mentioned it was our anniversary until we got there but at the end of the meal we was given a bread board with a little chocolate cake the board was decorated and had happy anniversary written on it with iceing was a nice touch. Also we got to go into the kitchen and meet the head chef and get a couple of pictures in there too again that really made the experience that little bit more special. The service was also very good our hostess Camilla was very attentive and everyone we come in contact with were polite and actually looked like they wanted to be there which is always nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Maze GrillCocktailDined on 30/8/2014Our second time at Maze grill , great food with a simple menu , fantastic service . Will return again for sure ... And to make our day even better Gordon was there and took a photo with us .. Ace .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticcheshirecouple2728Dined on 28/8/2014We both had a fabulous time.We was treated like celebrity's. We where shown around the chefs kitchen by the manager. All staff could not do enough for you. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceDutchfoodloverDined on 28/8/2014Very luxurious restaurant in central london. The food was outstanding (certainly the best steak I ever had) and the service was great, friendly and very knowledgeable. Great eating even if you're not a steak lover: there's more than enough choice! The bread as a starter is a nice toutch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent across the boardJamesPDined on 28/8/2014The steaks are sublime and the chips are heavenly! My Wife had the fish and that was pretty amazing too.Staff are respectful, attentive and good humoured without being overly familiar. If you want a taste of the Gordon Ramsey experience without the price tag then this is it.Special Features:
- NewleafDined on 27/8/2014Restaurant made me love steak again! Amazing food. Amazing service. Definite recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014We hade a great time and your service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank YouMarkus8AnnaDined on 23/8/2014Thank you for a wonderful dinner. The food was absolutely stunning and the service was brilliant. We are coming back next time we are in London because this was something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time to shout at your chefs Mr R.MarketegDined on 23/8/2014The waiter presented nice cuts of beef and was informative and polite but the good impression disappeared when he did exactly the same "comedy routine" at the next table. We were only two persons and the time between we got our starters was about 5 minutes. The first person finished before the second got it. The mains were "so and so" in quality and served on a dull piece of wood. It was just a piece of meat, sitting there, unappetizing. I very very rarely use the word "inedible" but the mushrooms were just that. We told the waiter and received a new batch, equally inedible. We both work at Michelin star restaurants and we know that things they said about how they were prepared, just was not true. I sadly say, avoid Maze. - Swedish visitorsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014All staff were extremely attentive and very informative about all the cuts of meat even bringing out a tray to demonstate all the differences. It was my sons 18th Birthday and they made a cake which was a lovely touch. I recommend having a baileys comet in the bar first, Best cocktail! we will be returning just for the cocktails alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18th Birthday Surprise!FoodieinthemakingDined on 21/8/2014A surprise family dinner for 4 on the occasion of our daughter's 18th birthday and it went down perfectly. A foodie in the making, she couldn't believe it when we rocked up at the bottom of the steps to the entrance. The rest did not disappoint - attentive staff, superb food and a great atmosphere. The end of meal surprise birthday treat from the restaurant made for an utterly memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food. Great experienceVallybDined on 19/8/2014A very special evening with great food in a restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere. The service was excellent from the minute we arrived. Staff are very friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our Maze experience and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected More for the PriceStevienlaDined on 19/8/2014The restaurant was more casual than I had anticipated (most tables, including my own, had children in the mix and many diners were in T-shirts and jeans), but the price point was not in keeping with the ambience and few of the entrees were child-friendly (my son ordered the only pasta dish offered which he complained was too spicy and my husband and I, who prefer our food with a kick, concurred with his assessment). The wait staff was friendly and helpful in explaining the various steaks offered, but the food itself was disappointing. We ordered a few salads to start which were satisfactory, some sushi dishes as an appetizer which were surprisingly delicious, but the steaks came out too rare and, although good, were nothing special.
- Best steak ever!AnitafromnewburyDined on 17/8/2014Both my husband and I had a wonderful time. It was our wedding anniversary and they made us feel very special as they were very attentive all evening. Also they bought is out a special dessert with happy anniversary written on the board in white chocolate. The meal was perfect and our steak was the best we have ever had, melt in the mouth! After dinner we were invited into the kitchen where the chef explained how everything works including their special way of cooking the steaks. (Use an indoor BBQ) Also the kitchen was spotless which is a huge positive in my eyes! We will definitely be returning and will recommend it highly to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating a birthdayreggiemaxDined on 16/8/2014this restaurant is expensive, but the service is superb and so is the food. We had a great evening celebrating a 22nd birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFoodie22Dined on 15/8/2014The food and service is fantastic. Would definitely recommend. We had the rib eye on the bone and it was the best steak I have ever had. It is expensive but definitely worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightjojo7Dined on 15/8/2014On arrival at maze grill I couldn't believe how posh and just stunning it looked from outside. The inside is done perfectly but it's friendly, and doesn't feel like it's a place where you wouldn't feel welcome as some restaurants do. The pre dinner cocktails were lovely, but overpriced as they were so small. I had one of the cheaper steaks, they show you a meat board and will try and sell you a dearer steak. The Aberdeen Angus sirloin was delicious. I asked for well done, but I felt it wasn't quite done long enough. Also my friend had the burger and it was slightly pink even though she asked for well done too. But apart from that everything else was amazing! The chunky chips and mac n cheese are amazing you must order them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food. Excellent serviceMrsBDined on 15/8/20142nd visit to Maze. Staff were excellent. Mum had soup and salmon which was excellent. Daughter (13) had burger. We asked for the sauce on the side which they realised the chef hadn't done before they brought it out. Offered to re-cook our food or keep it hot. However it really wasn't a problem - my daughters meal came within minutes. I had full lobster, fries and coleslaw. Shared Eton Mess - delicious! The cocktails were to die for. The staff didn't want to charge the service charge because they had to cook my daughters food again but it really wasn't an issue. The service/staff deserved the service charge - the experience was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/8/2014All aspects of the service were outstanding. The waiter was attentive and helpful and the sommelier was knowledgeable without being overbearing. Management was in evidence and kept everything running smoothly. The food was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely atmosphere and service, butNewMazeFanDined on 13/8/2014I was out with my wife, and had an Overall amazing night, will come back when I come back to the UK. Really nice service, and waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/8/2014The food was really good The service as well Really special placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeting sisterbarnyDined on 12/8/2014Went for lunch. Seen mixed reviews so was a little bit nervous about going. Couldn't fault it. The food was fantastic and plenty of it. The service was really good. Well worth a visit. Would certainly go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Night OutHarrisDined on 9/8/2014My wife and I went here on a Saturday night when we were in London. I booked online which was easy, service was excellent and food was fantastic. We had a table at 8pm, we arrived to a very friendly welcome and were seated straight away. We were walked through the menu by our waiter and shown the steaks available which was great. Food was outstanding and served in a timely manor but not rushed. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- AmandaSDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed my meal immensely. Very gratify I got to visit the kitchen! Definitely would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.