10 - 13 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 6JPNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/mazegrill/
- Phone: 02074952211
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Sunday:
Breakfast: 6.45am - 10.30am
Lunch & Dinner: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maze Grill
Taking inspiration from New York's grill restaurants and designed around a modern townhouse kitchen, maze Grill offers a wide selection of different breeds and cuts of beef cooked over a char grill at the guest's specification. The Butcher's Block table is made from a single piece of solid English oak and seats up to 12 guests who look out over the action and theatre of the maze grill kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maze Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
786 reviews since 25 October 2013
special occasions (442)business meals (314)romance (263)fit for foodies (196)group bookings (160)pre/post theatre (121)outstanding value (95)child friendly (87)sunday lunch (87)brunch (67)outdoor eating (40)afternoon tea (19)good vegetarian options (12)disabled access (6)Show More
- Amazing FoodJessandCraigDined on 22/10/2014As expected Gordon Ramsey's Maze Grill delivered on very high expectations. The food was exquist with large portions, serviced by high calibre waiting staff. We both had fillet steak which was cooked to perfection over a charcoal grill. Each steak is explained and you're able to see it in its rawest form before making your decision. Although pricey it was definitely worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightblondeDined on 19/10/2014We were celebrating our 15 year anniversary of our marriage.It was a great night and the meals are so delicious,the ambiance and also service was perfect.It was a great plessure that we had the chance of meeting Mr.Gordon Ramsay.Many thanks for everything.We will come again from İstanbul Turkey.Special Features:
- A Maze-ing SteaksGdubz66Dined on 19/10/2014Iate at this restaurant with my wife and 13yo son. The service here is generally good with plenty of friendly staff to look after you. My son and I started with the Salt & Szechuan pepper squid and my wife had the Roasted pumpkin soup then for main course my son had the lobster and we both had the USDA prime sirloin. While the starters were OK the steaks were excellent and my son greatly enjoyed his lobster. My only criticism of the restaurant was that on this occasion (and this is not typical of my experience here) both the starters and the main course took too long to arrive.Special Features:
- A-Maze-ingJam3sbbbDined on 18/10/2014Food was top qualify as always, starters we also very good with a good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maze GrillDinerDined on 17/10/2014Service vas excellent and food was very good. We had coctails, starters and main course with wine. Food was almost excellent, only one starter (pumpkin soup) was quite bland. In overall, we really enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- Perfection!Sheshe1009Dined on 17/10/2014I came here on a Friday night for dinner with a friend and my Mom for her 60th birthday. What a phenomenal time!!!! The service was impeccable upon entrance, everyone from the food runner to our server was knowledgeable and pleased to be sharing in our experience. The food was brilliant!!! Easy, gorgeous menu to appeal to all. The best treat was the candle in the cake surprise dessert AND a special trip to meet the chef. Bravo Maze Grill!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.ppaul31Dined on 17/10/2014We were traveling through Europe for our Honeymoon and ate at some really nice places in Paris and London. Maze grill was the best. Service was impeccable, food was unbelievable, ambiance was really nice and not pretentious, and we felt welcomed and comfortable the entire time. While we originate from the States, and understand the value of the dollar is not equal to the pound, we did feel the prices were high as we've eaten at equivalent restaurants in Washington DC and New York for quite a bit less (Our conversion was right about $300 for the meal, but felt it was worth about $225). Nonetheless, we felt the overall experience was completely worth it and made our trip memorable and something to talk about with family and friends.Special Features:
- MohamedVIPDined on 16/10/2014We tried the Maze Grill recently for dinner. The service was very friendly and professional, the staters and main courses were excellent. The wine list is present on an iPad which made it easier to navigate and included several excellent choices. All in all a very pleasant and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Just ShowGoyoChDined on 14/10/2014Looks good, food is not!! I asked for your best steak and got a piece of flavorless shoe sole!!
- disappoimentBrandyDined on 11/10/2014pork ribs dry, waiter rushed and not good at explaining the dishes of the menu
- My Boyfriend's 30th birthdayJemmich1987Dined on 11/10/2014On entering the restaurant we were very impressed with the warm , friendly atmosphere, staff were very attentive to meet our needs and felt that we were very special. Food was exceptional and met our high expectations. By far the best dining experience, which was a treat for my boyfriends 30th birthday,also the chocolate brownie with Happy Birthday on it was a very nice touch. Will look forward to a visit in the future. Many Thanks Jemma GloverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent mealJungleJimDined on 11/10/2014I booked a table for myself, my partner and another couple for a birthday and have to say we had a fantastic time. They make you feel so welcome from the moment you walk in the door and the service was excellent. As was the food, I honestly couldn't fault the meal. I would certainly recommend eating here if you're visiting the capital, 5 stars from me : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, poor foodPoorDined on 10/10/2014We found the service very poor our waitress could speak very little English so communication was pretty much non exsistent. Nobody asked if we would like extra drinks we sat with empty glasses most of the night. My husbands steak was supurb however my steak was the worst cooked steak I have ever had. It was burnt on the outside and raw in the middle. The waitress never asked how our food was so we were unable to provide any feedback. Every year on our anniversary we have come to this resturant and this is the first time we have been disappointed with the restaurant.
- everything was good, delicius foodJakobsenDined on 10/10/2014verry good evening , great service, we will remember the evening, my dather and i.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014My husband and I ate in Gordon Ramsey's restaurant in Vegas at had an awesome top 10 dinner and dining experience. This experience not so much . Nothing special at all.
- Excellent working lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014This Gordon Ramsey place is in a central location. The service is fast but friendly and very professional, the food is very good and at an affordable price. Ideal for a working lunch.Special Features:
- excellent grill restaurantMauroDined on 6/10/2014a very pleasant atmosphere and excellent and friendly service are the addition to the excellent food. It is one of the top steak houses. a remarkable selection of wines.
- Absolutely rubbishneveragainDined on 4/10/2014Booked our anniversary in London around eating at this restaurant. Cocktails in the bar were a very nice start to the evening, as were the starters. Now, being in a famed 'steakhouse' you would have thought they could cook 2 10oz steaks (both ordered medium rare) exactly the same. Oh how wrong I was. They both looked very impressive served on the boards in front of us and the sides looked equally delicious. My wife cut in to her steak which was borderline well done, I cut in to mine which was practically mooing at me. I understand some restaurants get it wrong from time to time, but not this badly wrong and especially when your paying over £100 pound a head. Thankfully it didn't spoil our evening but I won't be visiting again. GuttedSpecial Features:
- ZMRTDined on 2/10/2014Because of the carcoal grill it was 100 degrees inside.
- Seat your enemy facing the windowsSimplethingsinlifeDined on 1/10/2014The service and food were of the expected standard save for 3 aspects. Firstly I do not like the wine menu being presented by the waiter on an electronic tablet as he stands there. Choosing wine is possibly a reflective exercise and I prefer to be left with the menu on the table, not being 'rushed'. If I want a sommelier I will ask for one; the waiter was NOT a somelier and that was most evident. Secondly the sun came out and blinded me as I faced the South windows. I asked the waitress to pull the blind down but she said they were not authorised to do so! So we asked to be moved to another table. Thirdly, there was an unnecessary and lengthy presentation of the 5 different steaks at the table. Neither of us were going to order steaks.
- Early Doors mealtransactiononlyDined on 30/9/2014Great service steak and sushi option good value and of the highest quality - with wine £138 for 2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best RibsSirenkissDined on 30/9/2014I had a Birthday Lunch at Maze along with nine family & friends. The service was extremely good, the staff were friendly & relaxed but very efficient but the food was amazing! If you go there try the Spare Ribs, out of this world! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone eating in the capital.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not in timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014My 35£ steak was on the table and i was trying to find any waiter so i could order some wine, and finally when they offered me wine the steak was Cold. Whey actually never offerd us wine fron the beginning which aMAZEd me on a resturant like this
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 27/9/2014My sister who I took to maze grill is writing an email to the restaurant directly to complain about our experience 10 minute wait for bottle of water no wine list offered and we were not even checked on once our food,which we waited about 25 minutes to order was not even checked on -very disappointed
- AMCSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Food good and lovely views over Grosvenor Square. The only downside is that there is a pretentious atmosphere . Staff have to understand that there is a difference between good service and overbearing service . Do you really need your napkin folded in an ostentatious manner when you visit the toilet for example ? Having said that the staff were knowledgable and in the main very likeable .Special Features:
- It Was Once BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014First visit to the Maze Grill was in 2007 and it was wonderful. Staff was attentive and the food was great. Second visit last week was just "okay," waiter staff was so-so and the food was not as good as we remembered. That said, the hostesses were attentive. They moved us gracefully from the small foyer and quickly directed the rest of our party to us, as we had a cocktail in the bar before dinner.Special Features:
- FantasticWally71Dined on 26/9/2014Fantastic food, atmosphere and staff . It delivered what we were hoping for a special occasion . Sublime .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor valueGereDined on 25/9/2014Tasteless salty starters. Meat ordered medium rare and served well done. Service not personalised and waiters in a hurry to take the order. Very expensive for low value. We were very dissapinted overall.
- Kiwi experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 24/9/2014Amazing service, very attentive and welcoming throughout the meal. Nice touch with acknowledgement of extra dessert for mothers birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Overly ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/9/2014Honestly, we were a little disappointed overall. Decor is somewhat stark and unappealing. And the atmosphere and attitude a bit pretentious. Food was very good but the prices are pretty over the top for what you get. The service was attentive but confused. Pacing was way off and too many missteps for over over £80 per person. Glad we tried it but wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- PaulinegDined on 23/9/2014I started with a cocktail at the bar and then had dinner in the more formal restaurant. I chose the sushi and lobster menu for £30 and didn't regret it. The food was absolutely delicious. The staff was courteous and the crowd elegant. I will definitively go back.Special Features:
- Great and greaterSwedesInLondonDined on 23/9/2014A really nice experiance. Not to much and definately not to little. Warm welcoming, nice bar with excellent service. The grill and the meat was just perfect. Perfect. No other words to put to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service below parMemories14Dined on 20/9/2014Visited as 2 couples, both couples celebrating wedding anniversaries. We notified the restaurant that we were running 10 mins late, as it happened they were not ready for us anyway and our 2130 reservation ended up with us being shown to our table at 2230! They did apologise, but it would have been nice to have been offered a drink on the house at least? On a previous visit, we were invited to meet the chef, given this was a special celebration it would have been great to have the same. That said, food was superb, we had a great night, albeit felt a tad disappointed compared to previous visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maze GrillGiselaMDined on 20/9/2014We loved everything. The drinks, wine, food, service. It was great fun that my husband was celebrated by the staf. Thank you for this outstanding experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maze grillMayfair2014Dined on 20/9/2014Friendly staff, nice atmosphere & good Food. And we like the Mayfair area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow what a great night :)ChippyDined on 19/9/2014Me And My partner had booked our tabel Well in advance And was Very excited to go, on arriving at The restaurant we was greeted at The door And was made to feel Very welcome, The staff were faultless And made our evening Very special And one that we Will remember for a long time.#brilliantnightatthemazegrillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed resultsamloveitorleaveitDined on 17/9/2014Excellent sushi variety and flavours, strange for a "Grill" bar, but the pan fried salmon tranche my wife had, was hardly what she expected, no flavour. Very practical venue for quick lunch meetings, especially if you are staying in the hotel.Special Features:
- Cauchemar en sallesansabDined on 15/9/2014Bon accueil. Bon service. Problème de climatisation : beaucoup trop forte du fait d'un problème d'aspiration de la hotte/cuisine : de fortes odeurs de graillon étaient présentes dans tout le restaurant. C'était très désagréable et avons écourté notre dîner. Mr Gordon Ramsay doit résoudre très vite ce problème, lui qui aide les restaurants en difficulté. Cela ne devrait pas être un "Cauchemar pour lui"
- What a shameGreeniesDined on 13/9/2014My husband and I visited Maze last Saturday for an birthday meal. The first thing that struck us was how closely packed in the tables were leaving little or no privacy. Secondly the whole room smelt strongly of charred meat and old cooking fat (not a good combination). The sommelier came and gave us the wine menu, and left us to make our choice. However, when they returned and were told of our choice they kept trying to make us change our mind telling us that the Italian wine they wanted us to have was the same as the New Zealand wine we wanted. The wine was then served with bad grace all evening. When the food arrived it was burned on the top ,the chips were not properly cooked and the onion rings were raw. Not good at all!!!
- Absolutely amazing!!!Jules998Dined on 13/9/2014The best food experience I have had, from start to finish we were treated like royalty, the staff couldn't do enough for you!! Opening doors, excellent service, a nod and they are right with you! Fantastic, and the food was something else, best steak I have ever eaten, impeccable waiters, and even a 'happy birthday' song with a lovely little cake to finish. Topped off this wonderful night for me and my fiancées 30th birthday. The drinks (cocktails) were gorgeous, cannot rate this place highly enough. It was very clean, and had a beautiful interior. Honestly couldn't fault it if I tried, hats off to you Gordon Ramsay, your staff and your restaurant are a credit to you!! :)Special Features: