10 - 13 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 6JPNeighborhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/mazegrill/
- Phone: 02074952211
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Sunday:
Breakfast: 6.45am - 10.30am
Lunch & Dinner: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maze Grill
Taking inspiration from New York's grill restaurants and designed around a modern townhouse kitchen, maze Grill offers a wide selection of different breeds and cuts of beef cooked over a char grill at the guest's specification. The Butcher's Block table is made from a single piece of solid English oak and seats up to 12 guests who look out over the action and theatre of the maze grill kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Maze Grill - Best restaurants in Mayfair ›
Maze Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
821 reviews since 6 May 2014
special occasions (461)business meals (334)romance (272)fit for foodies (208)group bookings (164)pre/post theatre (130)outstanding value (99)sunday lunch (95)child friendly (89)brunch (71)outdoor eating (45)afternoon tea (22)good vegetarian options (14)disabled access (5)Show More
- Loved the serviceJojjanDined on 30/8/2014A nice restaurant in a nice neighborhood. The service was outstanding Very good meat, wines and dessertsSpecial Features:
- #OutstandingFilipMaekiDined on 30/8/2014It was better than we thought! we loved it. the meat was even better than I thought, it was just great. Thank you for everything!Special Features:
- Lunch at Maze GrillCocktailDined on 30/8/2014Our second time at Maze grill , great food with a simple menu , fantastic service . Will return again for sure ... And to make our day even better Gordon was there and took a photo with us .. Ace .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceDutchfoodloverDined on 28/8/2014Very luxurious restaurant in central london. The food was outstanding (certainly the best steak I ever had) and the service was great, friendly and very knowledgeable. Great eating even if you're not a steak lover: there's more than enough choice! The bread as a starter is a nice toutch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewleafDined on 27/8/2014Restaurant made me love steak again! Amazing food. Amazing service. Definite recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014We hade a great time and your service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank YouMarkus8AnnaDined on 23/8/2014Thank you for a wonderful dinner. The food was absolutely stunning and the service was brilliant. We are coming back next time we are in London because this was something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time to shout at your chefs Mr R.MarketegDined on 23/8/2014The waiter presented nice cuts of beef and was informative and polite but the good impression disappeared when he did exactly the same "comedy routine" at the next table. We were only two persons and the time between we got our starters was about 5 minutes. The first person finished before the second got it. The mains were "so and so" in quality and served on a dull piece of wood. It was just a piece of meat, sitting there, unappetizing. I very very rarely use the word "inedible" but the mushrooms were just that. We told the waiter and received a new batch, equally inedible. We both work at Michelin star restaurants and we know that things they said about how they were prepared, just was not true. I sadly say, avoid Maze. - Swedish visitorsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 23/8/2014All staff were extremely attentive and very informative about all the cuts of meat even bringing out a tray to demonstate all the differences. It was my sons 18th Birthday and they made a cake which was a lovely touch. I recommend having a baileys comet in the bar first, Best cocktail! we will be returning just for the cocktails alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18th Birthday Surprise!FoodieinthemakingDined on 21/8/2014A surprise family dinner for 4 on the occasion of our daughter's 18th birthday and it went down perfectly. A foodie in the making, she couldn't believe it when we rocked up at the bottom of the steps to the entrance. The rest did not disappoint - attentive staff, superb food and a great atmosphere. The end of meal surprise birthday treat from the restaurant made for an utterly memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food. Great experienceVallybDined on 19/8/2014A very special evening with great food in a restaurant with a wonderful atmosphere. The service was excellent from the minute we arrived. Staff are very friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our Maze experience and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected More for the PriceStevienlaDined on 19/8/2014The restaurant was more casual than I had anticipated (most tables, including my own, had children in the mix and many diners were in T-shirts and jeans), but the price point was not in keeping with the ambience and few of the entrees were child-friendly (my son ordered the only pasta dish offered which he complained was too spicy and my husband and I, who prefer our food with a kick, concurred with his assessment). The wait staff was friendly and helpful in explaining the various steaks offered, but the food itself was disappointing. We ordered a few salads to start which were satisfactory, some sushi dishes as an appetizer which were surprisingly delicious, but the steaks came out too rare and, although good, were nothing special.
- Best steak ever!AnitafromnewburyDined on 17/8/2014Both my husband and I had a wonderful time. It was our wedding anniversary and they made us feel very special as they were very attentive all evening. Also they bought is out a special dessert with happy anniversary written on the board in white chocolate. The meal was perfect and our steak was the best we have ever had, melt in the mouth! After dinner we were invited into the kitchen where the chef explained how everything works including their special way of cooking the steaks. (Use an indoor BBQ) Also the kitchen was spotless which is a huge positive in my eyes! We will definitely be returning and will recommend it highly to all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrating a birthdayreggiemaxDined on 16/8/2014this restaurant is expensive, but the service is superb and so is the food. We had a great evening celebrating a 22nd birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectFoodie22Dined on 15/8/2014The food and service is fantastic. Would definitely recommend. We had the rib eye on the bone and it was the best steak I have ever had. It is expensive but definitely worth going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful nightjojo7Dined on 15/8/2014On arrival at maze grill I couldn't believe how posh and just stunning it looked from outside. The inside is done perfectly but it's friendly, and doesn't feel like it's a place where you wouldn't feel welcome as some restaurants do. The pre dinner cocktails were lovely, but overpriced as they were so small. I had one of the cheaper steaks, they show you a meat board and will try and sell you a dearer steak. The Aberdeen Angus sirloin was delicious. I asked for well done, but I felt it wasn't quite done long enough. Also my friend had the burger and it was slightly pink even though she asked for well done too. But apart from that everything else was amazing! The chunky chips and mac n cheese are amazing you must order them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food. Excellent serviceMrsBDined on 15/8/20142nd visit to Maze. Staff were excellent. Mum had soup and salmon which was excellent. Daughter (13) had burger. We asked for the sauce on the side which they realised the chef hadn't done before they brought it out. Offered to re-cook our food or keep it hot. However it really wasn't a problem - my daughters meal came within minutes. I had full lobster, fries and coleslaw. Shared Eton Mess - delicious! The cocktails were to die for. The staff didn't want to charge the service charge because they had to cook my daughters food again but it really wasn't an issue. The service/staff deserved the service charge - the experience was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/8/2014All aspects of the service were outstanding. The waiter was attentive and helpful and the sommelier was knowledgeable without being overbearing. Management was in evidence and kept everything running smoothly. The food was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely atmosphere and service, butNewMazeFanDined on 13/8/2014I was out with my wife, and had an Overall amazing night, will come back when I come back to the UK. Really nice service, and waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/8/2014The food was really good The service as well Really special placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeting sisterbarnyDined on 12/8/2014Went for lunch. Seen mixed reviews so was a little bit nervous about going. Couldn't fault it. The food was fantastic and plenty of it. The service was really good. Well worth a visit. Would certainly go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Night OutHarrisDined on 9/8/2014My wife and I went here on a Saturday night when we were in London. I booked online which was easy, service was excellent and food was fantastic. We had a table at 8pm, we arrived to a very friendly welcome and were seated straight away. We were walked through the menu by our waiter and shown the steaks available which was great. Food was outstanding and served in a timely manor but not rushed. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- AmandaSDined on 8/8/2014Enjoyed my meal immensely. Very gratify I got to visit the kitchen! Definitely would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Steaks... smokey atmosphereYuMMyDined on 8/8/2014An exceptional dinner - steak was cooked to perfection! Service has improved since our last visit. Fab service at the start of the evening, then it got busy and we were a little forgotten. We still find the restaurant very fumey from the grill, need to work on the extraction. You still leave the restaurant with your clothes infused by the grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteaksBettyDined on 6/8/2014Superb grill restaurant. Generous sized steaks cooked to perfection. Need an appetite as we couldn't manage desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth goingJPHCDined on 6/8/2014Other than the sushi, which was excellent, the food was very average. Burgers aren't as good as Hush or Gaucho's and the prices are far higher. The decor is ok, ambience also just ok, service was, however, excellent. £90 for 2 burgers, 2 starters, 2 coffees and only water... stick to Hush for burgers and Gaucho or Goodmans for steak, for fine dining Maze is great, just not Maze grill.
- Great time ar Maze GrillClemotDined on 4/8/2014Gorgeous food and great service. Waiters were lovely. They explained and recomended the best meal for us (group of five). Outstanding carrot cake out of the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantMarineDined on 2/8/2014Good restaurant but as one of Gordan Ramsay restaurant de would have expected a better service (we waited for a Long Time before our orders were taken, they have been mistaken in the water, the sauce). The food is expensive but it worth it the meat selection is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAD SERVICEdissapointedDined on 2/8/2014Delight at treating the family turned into bitter disappointment, as the service was dreadful. Lobster that didn't turn up, wrong orders, and badly cooked food.
- JaneDined on 2/8/2014Excellent service. Didn't expect the kitchen table but it was a wonderful treat for our daughter's birthday.Special Features:
- Best way to celebrate!BonskiDined on 2/8/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate an important milestone in my life. For my family and me, this was a once in a lifetime experience and I am so glad that I chose this restaurant to celebrate. The food was awesome and the experience was superb. The staff was very attentive, especially our waiter. The chef even let us come into his kitchen and let us take pictures with him. They even surprised me with a desert to mark the occasion. If we had the money, we would come here more often ;)Special Features:
- Food was nice but overpricedClare30Dined on 1/8/2014Food was nice, but overpriced on taste. Really nice setting and that it has the 'Gordan Ramsey' name is probably the only reason we went expecting a really nice steak, it was average but not averagely priced.
- Perfect for meat lovershalcyonDined on 1/8/2014Fantastic meat restaurant with wonderful friendly service. My fish dish was very good but a little unexciting. Only one pasta veggie option. Though if it's good steak you are after, this is the place for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leehDined on 31/7/2014Had dinner here on the 31/8/14 was overall very good, device especially excellent! Was shown around the kitchen and the head chef had time for a chat which was a nice touch.Had the USAD sirloin which was good but did think it was on the high side on price.But was al in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchlovelylunchDined on 31/7/2014My two sons and I had lunch at Maze Grill as part of our first visit to London. We were immediately greeted by a friendly hostess and our shopping packages stored away for us. Although we were 20 minutes early, we were seated at our table right away. We had appetizers, entrees and dessert. The food was well presented, well prepared and delicious. We enjoyed every bit of our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gordon at his best, again!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/7/2014Whilst in terms of ambience this isn't the most outstanding or romantic restaurant, the food makes up for it! But be warned, the portions are not posh so don't over order or you'll end up in a food coma. We went for my husband's birthday and they made a real fuss of him, and even took us outback to meet all the chefs!Special Features:
- Saturday night at the GrillBrad81Dined on 26/7/2014Recently took my Brother to Maze to celebrate his Birthday. Overall impressed and enjoyed the evening. The staff were kind enough to acknowledge that we were celebrating a birthday and provided a small cake/candle at the end of the night and asked if we wanted to meet the kitchen staff. Our mains took just over an hour to arrive, which was rather long to wait when you book a table for 9pm. Cocktails were fine, and the steak was first class. There was 3 of us and 3 rounds of drinks and mains came in at just under £250.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!EndzDined on 26/7/2014Food was lovely, and we also got a view of the kitchen as it was a special occasion. The staff are absolutely amazing and oh so friendly! We were really spoilt and had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DMatDined on 26/7/2014Excellent food, great service, beautiful place. After a great dinner, they incited us to the kitchen for a photo with the Chefs. Amazing experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful diningexcellentDined on 26/7/2014We had wonderful dining. The meat is excellent. We were also invited for kitchen tour and chef is happy to share information.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.