10 - 13 Grosvenor Square
London, W1K 6JPNeighbourhood:
SteakPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonramsay.com/mazegrill/
- Phone: 02074952211
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Sunday:
Breakfast: 6.45am - 10.30am
Lunch & Dinner: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Maze Grill
Taking inspiration from New York's grill restaurants and designed around a modern townhouse kitchen, maze Grill offers a wide selection of different breeds and cuts of beef cooked over a char grill at the guest's specification. The Butcher's Block table is made from a single piece of solid English oak and seats up to 12 guests who look out over the action and theatre of the maze grill kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Maze Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
789 reviews since 30 October 2013
special occasions (451)business meals (312)romance (270)fit for foodies (195)group bookings (162)pre/post theatre (124)outstanding value (98)child friendly (87)sunday lunch (87)brunch (66)outdoor eating (42)afternoon tea (20)good vegetarian options (13)disabled access (7)Show More
- Very goodTerrencePeterson1Dined on 26/10/2014Get exactly what you pay for and more, Incredible service with incredible food.Special Features:
- Great food, if its available!PucciDined on 26/10/2014Excellent, high quality food and good ambience. The service was faultless - very attentive without being overbearing. Only downside was that they had run out of a number of dishes. We were told the pork, veal and sea bass were unavailable after we had been seated. When ordering starters, we were told they had also run out of the crispy chilli squid. A restaurant of this standard should not be running out of food! Hence only 3 stars overall, would've been four otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!speicalexperianceDined on 25/10/2014The Maze grill was a fantastic experience. From the minute we walked through the door, service was outstanding. Beautiful cocktails followed by a wide range of wine/ champagne lists also! The Food was of course outstanding although a little pricey for some steaks by the time you've added on sides, however, price is well worth it. They also made our experience that little bit extra special by surprising my boyfriend for his birthday and supplying a celebratory birthday pudding! Make sure you arrive early to try out the cocktail bar! Staff truly made our experience special from the moment we stepped through the door to the moment they flagged down a taxi and walked us out to say good bye!Special Features:
- 10 wedding anniversary meal.LambogenieDined on 25/10/2014In a nutshell worst meal experience in ages. Special 10th wedding anniversary meal spoiled totally. First we were sat right at the end of the dining hall by the food preparation area billowing out acrid smoke. We stank like lighter fluid within minutes. Asked to be moved which we were very quickly. My wife ordered the £42 filet steak and asked for well done. Waitress recommended to have it butterflied. Been to many steak restaurants before never needed it done this way. When meal arrived the filet was cremated, crispy and dry. We were offered another steak but my wife didn't want to eat on her own as I would have finished my food by the time another was done. Had to dry clean suit after to remove smell which was a first also.Special Features:
- steak aaahhhhhhhcasperDined on 25/10/2014A treat for the wife and myself. We were not disapointed. The steak was perfect and rest of the meal matched the steak. Service was great made welcome and special ThankyouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceJulietteDined on 24/10/2014Nice atmosphere.. Friendly and professional service.. Thanks to the Italian waiter who help us to order.. Thanks for the advices..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- APPALLINGMARYBDined on 24/10/2014WHILST 10 FRIENDS CELEBRATED WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A VERY MEMORABLE OCCASION FOR GOOD REASONS IT IN FACT TURNED OUT TO BE ONE THAT WE WOULD RATHER FORGET! EXTREMELY SLOW WAITER SERVICE IN THE BAR AREA. WE ASKED 4 MEMBERS OF STAFF BEFORE WE GOT A RESPONSE. (15 MINS). AT THE DINING TABLE, POSITIONED NEARBY THE KITCHEN IT BECAME REALLY SMOKEY AND HOT YET WE WERE REFUSED THE AIR CON TO BE TURNED UP A BIT TWICE. BEFORE OUR MEALS WERE EVEN SERVED, A WAITER SPILT A FULL GLASS OF LAGER DOWN THE BACK OF MY FRIEND ONLY SUGGESTING HE RECLAIM THE BILL AT A LATER DATE! ALBEIT THE FOOD WAS ENJOYABLE BUT THE STAFF GOT THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE ORDERS MIXED UP TOTALLY. AT NO TIME WAS AN OFFER MADE OF DISCOUNT OR ANY ITEM FREE. TOTALLY SHOCKED!
- GreatNetaDined on 24/10/2014This was my second time that I eat at Maze grill and I loved it this time too. The food was just perfect and the service too. It really feels like you guys appreciate that we are there and want to make sure that everything is okay.Special Features:
- A restaurant worth its reputationSophieRebDined on 24/10/2014As a French couple fan of Gordon Ramsay's TV shows, we wanted to take the chance of a visit to London to try one of his restaurants and taste by ourselves what we saw on TV and thought to be requirements for Excellence. We have NOT been disappointed at all ! More, we've been extremely enthusiastic about the food that we've been served at Maze Grill. The experience was unique. The design of the place is very neat, the waiters are all extremely well trained, polite, efficient and knowledgeable about the food they suggest. My husband had a USDA Sirloin Steak, which was amazing, tender, tasteful and the right quantity. I had a grilled sea bass, which tasted amazingly great, as the cooking was perfectly timed ! Side dishes were very good too.Special Features:
- AWSOME time at Maze GrillRandyDined on 23/10/2014This was our first experience at a London Gordon Ramsey restaurant and we were not disappointed. Service was spectacular food was to die for atmosphere was very enjoyable for talking and socializing. We have had opportunities to experience his restaurants in Los Angeles; but we wanted the London experience. We were not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LP LondonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 23/10/2014The meal and service was excellent and the place had a great buzz. However we thought that the steaks were priced slightly high compared to other equivalent restaurants we have been to in central London. We would have no problem going back if asked or with a party, but currently there are far to many other great places in London serving great food at a cheaper price, so it may not be for a long while!Special Features:
- Amazing FoodJessandCraigDined on 22/10/2014As expected Gordon Ramsey's Maze Grill delivered on very high expectations. The food was exquist with large portions, serviced by high calibre waiting staff. We both had fillet steak which was cooked to perfection over a charcoal grill. Each steak is explained and you're able to see it in its rawest form before making your decision. Although pricey it was definitely worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday LunchAntSSDined on 20/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyable weekday lunch. We were one of the very few tables that were not business diners though. Food & service were very good. Only complaint is that we thought the decor was drab and uninspiring.Special Features:
- great nightblondeDined on 19/10/2014We were celebrating our 15 year anniversary of our marriage.It was a great night and the meals are so delicious,the ambiance and also service was perfect.It was a great plessure that we had the chance of meeting Mr.Gordon Ramsay.Many thanks for everything.We will come again from İstanbul Turkey.Special Features:
- A Maze-ing SteaksGdubz66Dined on 19/10/2014Iate at this restaurant with my wife and 13yo son. The service here is generally good with plenty of friendly staff to look after you. My son and I started with the Salt & Szechuan pepper squid and my wife had the Roasted pumpkin soup then for main course my son had the lobster and we both had the USDA prime sirloin. While the starters were OK the steaks were excellent and my son greatly enjoyed his lobster. My only criticism of the restaurant was that on this occasion (and this is not typical of my experience here) both the starters and the main course took too long to arrive.Special Features:
- A-Maze-ingJam3sbbbDined on 18/10/2014Food was top qualify as always, starters we also very good with a good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maze GrillDinerDined on 17/10/2014Service vas excellent and food was very good. We had coctails, starters and main course with wine. Food was almost excellent, only one starter (pumpkin soup) was quite bland. In overall, we really enjoyed our time there.Special Features:
- Perfection!Sheshe1009Dined on 17/10/2014I came here on a Friday night for dinner with a friend and my Mom for her 60th birthday. What a phenomenal time!!!! The service was impeccable upon entrance, everyone from the food runner to our server was knowledgeable and pleased to be sharing in our experience. The food was brilliant!!! Easy, gorgeous menu to appeal to all. The best treat was the candle in the cake surprise dessert AND a special trip to meet the chef. Bravo Maze Grill!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.ppaul31Dined on 17/10/2014We were traveling through Europe for our Honeymoon and ate at some really nice places in Paris and London. Maze grill was the best. Service was impeccable, food was unbelievable, ambiance was really nice and not pretentious, and we felt welcomed and comfortable the entire time. While we originate from the States, and understand the value of the dollar is not equal to the pound, we did feel the prices were high as we've eaten at equivalent restaurants in Washington DC and New York for quite a bit less (Our conversion was right about $300 for the meal, but felt it was worth about $225). Nonetheless, we felt the overall experience was completely worth it and made our trip memorable and something to talk about with family and friends.Special Features:
- MohamedVIPDined on 16/10/2014We tried the Maze Grill recently for dinner. The service was very friendly and professional, the staters and main courses were excellent. The wine list is present on an iPad which made it easier to navigate and included several excellent choices. All in all a very pleasant and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Just ShowGoyoChDined on 14/10/2014Looks good, food is not!! I asked for your best steak and got a piece of flavorless shoe sole!!
- Gordon! not a good steakEdward21Dined on 14/10/2014We ate here 2 years ago on a Tauck tour.The meal was outstanding,great service and a great night.Two years later my wife and I were in London on our own and made a point to go back for another great meal at the Maze. What a disappointment. On our first visit we shared a porterhouse steak, since my wife wanted a fillet and I wanted a strip steak, it was perfection, could not have had anything better. I ordered a strip steak, which was delicious, my wife ordered a rib eye steak that looked like the sole of a shoe and tasted pretty much like one. It was not a memorable meal and definitely not worth the price. We enjoy a good meal and are willing to pay for it, but we did not get what we expected.Special Features:
- disappoimentBrandyDined on 11/10/2014pork ribs dry, waiter rushed and not good at explaining the dishes of the menu
- My Boyfriend's 30th birthdayJemmich1987Dined on 11/10/2014On entering the restaurant we were very impressed with the warm , friendly atmosphere, staff were very attentive to meet our needs and felt that we were very special. Food was exceptional and met our high expectations. By far the best dining experience, which was a treat for my boyfriends 30th birthday,also the chocolate brownie with Happy Birthday on it was a very nice touch. Will look forward to a visit in the future. Many Thanks Jemma GloverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent mealJungleJimDined on 11/10/2014I booked a table for myself, my partner and another couple for a birthday and have to say we had a fantastic time. They make you feel so welcome from the moment you walk in the door and the service was excellent. As was the food, I honestly couldn't fault the meal. I would certainly recommend eating here if you're visiting the capital, 5 stars from me : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, poor foodPoorDined on 10/10/2014We found the service very poor our waitress could speak very little English so communication was pretty much non exsistent. Nobody asked if we would like extra drinks we sat with empty glasses most of the night. My husbands steak was supurb however my steak was the worst cooked steak I have ever had. It was burnt on the outside and raw in the middle. The waitress never asked how our food was so we were unable to provide any feedback. Every year on our anniversary we have come to this resturant and this is the first time we have been disappointed with the restaurant.
- everything was good, delicius foodJakobsenDined on 10/10/2014verry good evening , great service, we will remember the evening, my dather and i.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014My husband and I ate in Gordon Ramsey's restaurant in Vegas at had an awesome top 10 dinner and dining experience. This experience not so much . Nothing special at all.
- Excellent working lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014This Gordon Ramsey place is in a central location. The service is fast but friendly and very professional, the food is very good and at an affordable price. Ideal for a working lunch.Special Features:
- excellent grill restaurantMauroDined on 6/10/2014a very pleasant atmosphere and excellent and friendly service are the addition to the excellent food. It is one of the top steak houses. a remarkable selection of wines.
- Absolutely rubbishneveragainDined on 4/10/2014Booked our anniversary in London around eating at this restaurant. Cocktails in the bar were a very nice start to the evening, as were the starters. Now, being in a famed 'steakhouse' you would have thought they could cook 2 10oz steaks (both ordered medium rare) exactly the same. Oh how wrong I was. They both looked very impressive served on the boards in front of us and the sides looked equally delicious. My wife cut in to her steak which was borderline well done, I cut in to mine which was practically mooing at me. I understand some restaurants get it wrong from time to time, but not this badly wrong and especially when your paying over £100 pound a head. Thankfully it didn't spoil our evening but I won't be visiting again. GuttedSpecial Features:
- ZMRTDined on 2/10/2014Because of the carcoal grill it was 100 degrees inside.
- Seat your enemy facing the windowsSimplethingsinlifeDined on 1/10/2014The service and food were of the expected standard save for 3 aspects. Firstly I do not like the wine menu being presented by the waiter on an electronic tablet as he stands there. Choosing wine is possibly a reflective exercise and I prefer to be left with the menu on the table, not being 'rushed'. If I want a sommelier I will ask for one; the waiter was NOT a somelier and that was most evident. Secondly the sun came out and blinded me as I faced the South windows. I asked the waitress to pull the blind down but she said they were not authorised to do so! So we asked to be moved to another table. Thirdly, there was an unnecessary and lengthy presentation of the 5 different steaks at the table. Neither of us were going to order steaks.
- Early Doors mealtransactiononlyDined on 30/9/2014Great service steak and sushi option good value and of the highest quality - with wine £138 for 2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best RibsSirenkissDined on 30/9/2014I had a Birthday Lunch at Maze along with nine family & friends. The service was extremely good, the staff were friendly & relaxed but very efficient but the food was amazing! If you go there try the Spare Ribs, out of this world! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone eating in the capital.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not in timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014My 35£ steak was on the table and i was trying to find any waiter so i could order some wine, and finally when they offered me wine the steak was Cold. Whey actually never offerd us wine fron the beginning which aMAZEd me on a resturant like this
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 27/9/2014My sister who I took to maze grill is writing an email to the restaurant directly to complain about our experience 10 minute wait for bottle of water no wine list offered and we were not even checked on once our food,which we waited about 25 minutes to order was not even checked on -very disappointed
- AMCSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 27/9/2014Food good and lovely views over Grosvenor Square. The only downside is that there is a pretentious atmosphere . Staff have to understand that there is a difference between good service and overbearing service . Do you really need your napkin folded in an ostentatious manner when you visit the toilet for example ? Having said that the staff were knowledgable and in the main very likeable .Special Features:
- It Was Once BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014First visit to the Maze Grill was in 2007 and it was wonderful. Staff was attentive and the food was great. Second visit last week was just "okay," waiter staff was so-so and the food was not as good as we remembered. That said, the hostesses were attentive. They moved us gracefully from the small foyer and quickly directed the rest of our party to us, as we had a cocktail in the bar before dinner.Special Features:
- FantasticWally71Dined on 26/9/2014Fantastic food, atmosphere and staff . It delivered what we were hoping for a special occasion . Sublime .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.