880-882 HIGH ROAD
London, N12 9RHNeighborhood:
East Finchley/Finchley/North Finchley
MediterraneanPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.mezemezerestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02084452230x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Special Meze platters can be ordered for your office and home parties.
- Entertainment: Belly dancing & live Jazz on your special nights and parties.
A word from Meze Meze
We invite you to a new way of dining in North finchley. The Meze Way of Dining is where friends and family share small plates of Meze in an unrushed, unhurried, leisurely environment. They sample a selection of 30 cold and hot Mezes, freshly prepared, featuring our excellent charcoal cooked lamb, chicken, fish and vegetarian dishes. Coupled with our attractive modern decor you will experience a superb dining treat you will quickly want to repeat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Meze Meze reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since 19 May 2014
group bookings (19)special occasions (11)good vegetarian options (9)child friendly (9)sunday lunch (9)fit for foodies (7)business meals (4)romance (4)outdoor eating (4)brunch (4)outstanding value (2)disabled access (2)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- Always friendlyGedEDined on 18/4/2014Have eaten at Meze Meze on a number of occasions and it never disappoints. Went with a large family group and the waiters were so friendly and attentive. The food was great and the meal was very relaxed. The place is so big that you never feel as though you are being listened to by the next table! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyablefamilymanDined on 29/3/2014Where Meze Meze may not be an outstanding culinary experience, what it does it does well. Service was good, a bit slow with the coffees. Food was very good and the staff were very helpful. Enjoy what they do because they do it well.Special Features:
- My experienceLuv2eatoutDined on 8/3/2014The food was of high quality and the service very good. Enjoyed the Saturday evening in the restaurant with a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableIv64VIPDined on 22/2/2014Had a great family get-together meal here. Enjoyed it all but would have liked a couple of fish dishes in the meze...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines dinner!LuvgreatfoodDined on 14/2/2014We went on Valentines evening, and were very pleased about both the setting and the food. The restaurant was busy but not overcrowded, and we weren't pushes at all so we had some extra time to enjoy the ambience. Simple but great decoration, and the live music definitely added to the valentine atmosphere. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeaaaahVIPDined on 27/1/2014Really yummy - good food and service but prices seem more expensive than usual and also we had one salad to share between 3 of us (when we should all have a salad each)! silly point but i want my own salad! overall good though!Special Features:
- MEZE MEZEJosephineDined on 22/1/2014Good food & atmosphere - lamb shish very tasty Very busy @ weekends - quiter in the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place!aaaahVIPDined on 3/1/2014really like going to meze meze, however, it has changed quite considerably recently! The menu has changed slightly and also the take away menu doesn't have as much on it as it used to such as sautee which i loved!!! And on the takeaway menu you now have to pay extra for rice which personally i think is a joke! eating in is always good but where Meze Meze used to be quite competitive, i think they are now bordering on the expensive side especially for comparable local restaurants!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchHomaDined on 12/12/2013the four of us had a nice set lunch which was good value !!Special Features:
- Service not up to scratchyumfoodVIPDined on 30/11/2013We have been here a few times before on a fri or Saturday night, went last Saturday and service was seriously lacking. We were sat for ages waiting to be served, 3 tables who arrived after us were brought their drinks before our drinks order was even taken. Meat was very fatty, left most of it. Starters brought 5 mins apart, how hard is it to bring two plates at the same Time? Usually I would recommend, based on this visit I wouldn't return but Might give them another chance because previously been ok.
- Meze Meze, Finchley - I bookedSingaporeVIPDined on 16/11/2013Meze Meze, Finchley - I booked this for my family who were over from Australia. For a Saturday evening it wasn't as busy as I would have expected. I ordered the Samra Beyti which is marinated minced in a special flat bread which the mince is wrapped in. I really enjoyed it and my cousin ordered the same and loved it, very flavoursome. The portions were a good size and we also ordered a few starters. Overall a good experience, good place for a quiet meal. Waiters are not over bearing. Nothing really special, also they close by 11pm which I am surprised at for a Saturday.Special Features:
- poor service and small portionsmiddlesexDined on 4/11/2013My starters were cold! its a turkish resturant and they do not have turkish bread......pitta served. Small portions and high prices. The manager did not want to do anything when we complained the starters were cold. The waiters did not want to help and do anything about the poor service. sorry, will not recommend this resturant to anyone.
- Tasty LunchKapasDined on 28/10/2013Had a great lunch, not the first time eating here and it won't be the lastSpecial Features:
- Ever reliable charcoal grill foodTimFDined on 23/10/2013As always (been here several times) excellent food for our party of 7 - wide variety, good choice. Tasty and fresh. Charcoal grill kebabs etc delicious as always. Beer ice cold - just what was needed. With 25% off the food, excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantfridayfeelingDined on 13/10/2013We have been to Meze Meze on numerous occassions as a couple, family or for a family celebration. The food is great, lots of choice and always yummy. Staff are always helpful. We tend to have a mixture of meze and always consider that to be very good value. Would always recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyoneSpecial Features:
- poor valuehungryDined on 13/10/2013the offer only applied to two courses, everything else was extra and having easten there before i found the all roud experience very good value, but not on this occasion
- Dinner with friendsHomaDined on 10/10/2013There was 5 of us, we had dinner. The food is fine, but the service was poor. The waiters did not understand English, everything we said had to repeated two or three times. Then she would forgot and we had to ask her again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meze MezeGourmandeDined on 6/10/2013Meze Meze in Finchley, London N12 has become one of our favourite haunts. The food, ambience and service is excellent. The Menu is varied with plenty of choice and authentic cuisine. Our friends always want to go back again. I would definitely recommend this Restaurant. Enjoy!Special Features:
- GoodNightoutDined on 4/10/2013Food was really good waiter were super nice nice place to eat BUT everything was spoiled when we got the most meanest person who was handling our bill she was on her own clothes think she might have been the manager or something .. We were told we get 20% off our bill if we book with toptable she refused to do. We were planing to go back but after her we decided never to go back the but the rest of the staff were super super nice . Wot a shameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at meze mezetrm88Dined on 3/10/2013I have been to meze meze on several occasions for dinner and have always been pleased with the quality of food/service I have received. The staff are friendly, the food is tasty, and the portions are very generous. I went most recently on a Thursday evening and there was a live jazz singer who was really good! I have also ordered takeaway for collection from the restaurant and it is always very good. I am so pleased to have such a nice restaurant nearby and I would definitely recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 682 reviews are from the Meze Meze reviews archive.
- Meze MezeGourmandeDined on 15/9/2013Meze Meze in Finchley, London N12 is a fun place with great ambience and very good food. All my friends said they will be going back to Meze Meze. There is a 25% off food offer which makes it great value. There is live music once a week. We all had a great time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rubbish servicebikerbabeDined on 6/9/2013Food was OK, had a good time (down to the company) and it was good value. 4 of us ate starters and mains and had 3 bottle of wine for under £100. Service slow and had to ask for drinks 10 minutes after we first sat down and remind waitress for olives twice! The place was virtually empty so I dread to think what it would have been like if it was busy!Special Features:
- Easy and enjoyableEdmundDined on 30/8/2013Lovely place to have a big group. Not too busy on the Friday night. A bit noisy but this is expected. We got 25% the food bill which justified the portions. Have had larger portions for the price elsewhere. We didn't know until the end but if it is a birthday then tell them in advance any everyone in the party gets free coffee and a chocolate cake.Special Features:
- Reliable and friendlyLadybirdDined on 26/8/2013We've been several times to this restaurant and we know what to expect and have never been disappointed by the quality Menu offers a good selection of dishes, well prepared and served with a smile. The piped background music is not obtrusive and they offer a well-stocked bar, albeit slightly over-priced when compared to general menu prices. Can get very busy on Friday and Saturday and although they always have extra staff to compensate, we prefer to go at quieter times for a more relaxed and leisurely dining experience. Excellent take-away service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambience ,spacious .Menudine4friendsDined on 20/8/2013Good ambience ,spacious .Menu never disappoints with generous portions. All in my party were happy with their choice of food .Salmon kebabs were also delicious.Special Features:
- attention is requiredshammy1Dined on 10/8/2013Arrived on time,very busy,the table they had reserved for us theyd given to someone else so we were seated right at the back tucked in the corner between 2 large group bookings,and then left for half an hour,before I finally could get their attention and order our drinks(too long to wait for a drink! We were gasping) I think they then realised they had forgot us because the food arrived very quickly,before our drinks infact,the food is lovely but slightly pricey,Our bill for the 5 of us,including 9 drinks,4 being alcoholic,and no dessert or coffee came to £103.00,they had automatically put a service charge of 10%,which we asked to have removed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for Meze MezeSteveHDined on 12/7/2013Went last Friday evening (2nd time) ; attentive waiting staff and warm welcome. Chicken Kebabs are superb, Falafel nice and fresh - hot pitta and no long waiting for any courses. If you want a dining eperience thats reminds you of an evening out in the 'Med' then this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Quiet DinnerDShahDined on 2/7/2013We had a lovely time, the food and ambience was excellent, could do with some more cocktails optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meze Meze - North FinchleyElsie26Dined on 26/6/2013This is a very nice local restaurant. I have eaten there several times. The food is excellent, and the service was also very good. Nice friendly staff. The portions of food are extremely generous. I did not like the loud music and it was a little noisy, but younger people might appreciate that. It might be to do with the fact that the restaurant has very high ceilings and the sound travels, making it more noisy with everyone talking. We had a voucher this time so got 25% off on the deal of that particular day. We went mid-week, early evening. On the whole, a nice place to eat in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, friendly and tasty.BeefyDined on 22/6/2013Thanks for fitting our large group in. The food was excellent and service was with a smile. We'll all be back soon. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, good service as usualFresserDined on 22/6/2013Good meal as usual at Meze Meze. We all ordered salmon kebabs. I substituted rice or chips with salad. My salad was tasty as well as colourful and crunchy. The service is very fast, there's no waiting around time for the food to arrive. The restaurant is huge and the staff really run around. They provide a good meal, which to me means it tastes fresh and is full of flavour. It's reasonably priced, tasty, and plenty of healthy choices on the wide menu. The atmosphere is good but I gave a star down as maybe a bit too big but then again, it would make a good venue for a party. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meze mezeKapasDined on 17/5/2013Had a very pleasant lunch at meze meze. The food was tasty and the price was very reasonable, would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodIvorEngineDined on 11/4/2013We always enjoy our visits to Meze Meze. We usually go on a Thursday night when there is music playing. Good fun, good food, served with a smile. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyable lunch at MezeJaneDined on 1/4/2013Very enjoyable lunch at Meze Meze. Try their £5.95 mid-week lunch - it is great value.Special Features:
- Lot of FunIvorEngineDined on 21/3/2013We are regulars at Meze Meze and it never disappoints. Food is plentiful and good and served in a friendly way. We particularly like Thursday nights when there is usually some live music. Overall it's a lot of fun and ideal for parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday lunch -quite a good oneabermansDined on 17/3/2013We came for sunday lunch with a group of 8. Good service got the food out very quickly. Mixed meze starters was ok but not exceptional. The main were real good. Very tender meats. A little noisy at lunch with family and kids around but still all in all a good lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeatanDined on 5/3/2013nice local place, good food, wine and service and good value for money on the 241 mains. Will visit again on a livelier night.Special Features:
- Good night long wait!GaryDDined on 3/3/2013Enjoyable night spoilt by long wait for food, which was for 3 of us very good, however 1 of our party had a well done mixed grill which he found to be very salty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Lunch at Meze MezeJaneDined on 2/3/2013Lunch at Meze Meze last Saturday was most enjoyable. They have their £5.95 Set Lunch Menu which is excellent value and, at the moment, if you book through Top Table, you can choose a 2 for 1 option with certain conditions if you would prefer something off their A la Carte Menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad at all!JPMADined on 28/2/2013Went here with my family (group of 5) for my dad's birthday. We just wanted to go somewhere local for a casual midweek celebration. Food was good with nice large portions served quickly although some people did have to wait for their starters a bit longer than other, but when it arrived was fresh and hot. There was live music when we were there which was an unexpected but welcomed surprise - my only complaint would be that the volume was a little too loud and we had to talk very loudly bordering on shouting in order for our conversations to be heard. Overall a nice spot for a casual lunch/dinner. Decor was nice. I wouldn't necessarily bring anyone here for romance or wow factor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.