Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
11-15 Timber Hill
Norwich, NR1 3JZNeighbourhood:
SteakhousePrice: £25 and under
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.middletons-shg.co.uk/
- Phone: 01603 920397
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Mott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Glenn Walker 01603 920397
A word from Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
At Middletons Steak House & Grill we offer an excellent selection of char-grilled Steaks & Sauces as well as delicious homemade Burgers, a Grill and Prime Grill menu and a selection of British classics; Fish & Chips, Rack of Lamb to name a few. Starters include favorites such as Crayfish Cocktail, Whitebait and our famous sharing platters; and to finish we have a selection of our handmade desserts like Chocolate Brownie, Creme Brûlée & Eton Mess, all served in our beautiful & comfortable restaurant. So come and enjoy our hospitality, we look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill - Best restaurants in Norwich ›
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
929 reviews since 27 November 2013
special occasions (655)group bookings (426)fit for foodies (371)romance (368)pre/post theatre (294)business meals (277)outstanding value (238)sunday lunch (173)child friendly (151)brunch (97)good vegetarian options (48)afternoon tea (37)disabled access (22)outdoor eating (12)Show More
- ExcellentNickyDined on 22/11/2014The meal was excellent the service was out standing. The only problem we had was it was very loud in there with people shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakaliciousYummyDined on 22/11/2014If you love steak you'll love middletons. Even the kids - who were made to feel welcome but weren't swarming around everywhere - left clean plates! Good food, good atmosphere, good staff, good price! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly service and amazing valueYouKnowWhoDined on 20/11/2014The service is always the best, efficient and friendly. The atmosphere and decoration of the restaurant is fantastic. The food is very tasty, however my medium-well done steak has come out far too over cooked a few times. However the value remains amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst restaurant everSteve666Dined on 14/11/2014Worst steak in the world , rude & arrogant waiters. This is a day care Center for children not a restaurant. Overpriced food. This restaurant is akin to legal theft " AVOID" at all costsSpecial Features:
- A fantastic lunch for an unbelievable price!NotquiteafoodieDined on 13/11/2014I booked a table at Middleton's to have a long lunch with a work colleague. I could not believe the price of the lunch set menu, I can tell you that I would have happily paid a heck of a lot more for it. My colleague had the sticky BBQ ribs to start which I was a little worried about but the meat just fell off the bone and he could easily eat them with a knife and fork, in addition my pate was plated beautifully and the chutney tasted homemade. We both had the steak for a main which was cooked perfectly, I couldn't have found a fault if I had wanted to. Also we both had the chocolate and walnut brownie to finish and whilst it wasn't as particularly wonderful as the rest of the meal it was a lovely ending. For this entire meal I paid £11.95 (plus undisclosed tip) which included my so far unmentioned glass of red. Fantastic really, I can see why I had to book a table! All in all a fantastic meal at a fantastic price and I cannot recommend the venue highly enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/11/2014Went there for a friends birthday and the food was delicious. It was severed quickly and was presented well. The service was nice and easy going yet professional. Overall pleased with the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyAbsDined on 11/11/2014To start with we got brought the wrong food, which wasn't a great first impression. Then I our actual food was then brought over straight, service was great, food was delicious, thinking about it again now I could have eat it all over again haha. Very impressed and will 100% be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlovegoodfoodDined on 11/11/2014I'd heard a lot about this place and was really excited about going and took my husband as a treat. I was really disappointed. We waited a long time for our food and when it did arrive parts of the meal were cold and parts undercooked. My steak was poor.
- brilliant!ZackDined on 11/11/2014Middletons is fantastic! Would reccomend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11/11/14Adam3005Dined on 11/11/2014Went for lunch. Good atmosphere. People were waiting for a table. Luckily we had booked. Ordered prime mixed grill which was delicious but it had better of been for 23 pounds! Service started well with the staff taking our coats and then giving us a bottle of water within moments of sitting down which is a nice touch. Unfortunately the service went downhill from there. We had to ask to get our plates cleared and the bill took a while to arrive. When we left no one fetched our coats and we had to go searching on the pegs for them. The food tasted amazing and we will go back but I expected a little better service especially from all the hype this place gets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb as alwaysDPatonDined on 10/11/2014We always go for lunch. Great food and great value. £25 gets me ribs for starter, minute steak and chips and a coke, the wife, burger and chips and a glass of wine, the boy, chicken nuggets, chips, ice cream and a juice. Very child friendly, great friendly service. We'll be back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time vistor & not disappointed!ThegantzDined on 9/11/2014Having been recommended from various friends over the last few months we eventually managed to get there before a theatre visit. The food was very nicely cooked - I certainly recommend the Middleton's Grill! A bit of everything cooked to perfection. Nice atmosphere and great service. Definitely going back againSpecial Features:
- Excellent! !!food2dy4Dined on 9/11/2014First visit to middletons, only heard good things about it and wasn't disappointed in the least! Can't wait for the next visit!Special Features:
- Lovely!!HannahDined on 9/11/2014Our first time and defo won't be the last!! My partner wanted the steak over and over!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The food was lovely service was excellent and food came quickly even though they were busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treatDondonsDined on 8/11/2014Took my other half here with s couple of friends for his birthday great good great drinks and fab company thanks up the staff for looking after usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mumof4Dined on 8/11/2014Good food and excellent company! Efficient service as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazinglov2dineDined on 7/11/2014The best restaurant iv been to the food was great me and my partner always order the steak and spice it's cooked to perfection. Staff are friendly and good priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick steak.yummy1Dined on 7/11/2014Went with a couple of colleagues from outside of the area,as I have been to Middletons many times and it is still one of my favourite places to eat in Norwich. Tonight didn't disappoint. The only criticism that I had from this evening was that the starter arrived before the drinks and the whole meal was served very quickly. Their speed of service is generally quick which is great if you are in a hurry or want to grab a bite to eat pre theatre etc. Not so good if you want a relaxed evening with a loved one or want to make of a night if it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnettieDined on 7/11/2014Good, atomospher, waiter service is always very attentive. Steaks are amazing. One of our favourite places to eat.Special Features:
- My birthday mealKatyW87Dined on 7/11/2014I had booke the table for my birthday meal. We had fantastic service from our server who was attentive and personable - and took it upon herself to write happy birthday on a board and light a candle when my desert arrived. It was an overall lovely evening with amazing food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowangieDined on 6/11/2014Had A great time will definitely be back. I had the middletons prime grill well worth the money. Thanks again middletonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingChantelleDined on 5/11/2014The service at Middletons, Norwich is always so friendly and welcoming. Every time I've been, the waiters, waitresses and the people who greet you at the door have always been lovely and make sure you're completely happy. The food also, is outstanding; the best steak I have eaten so far! Thank you for always creating great food and a lovely atmosphere :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gypsumDined on 5/11/2014Service, food, price and atmosphere are very good. I really recommend it. Beef is fantastic, the fillet cooked as you like. We go very often and the beef is always good and also the service, even when it is very busy. The price of the wine is adequate, not as expensive as other restaurants. Great experience.Special Features:
- AmazingchubbaDined on 4/11/2014THE BEST STEAK EATEN IN 15 YEARS AS A CHEF MYSELF I AM CRITICAL BUT FAULT YOU I COULD NOT . BRILLIANT Service was perfect presentation also brilliant yet simple the blue cheese sauce and rib eye were simply the best I have eaten in many yearsSpecial Features:
- very enjoyableamandapandaDined on 4/11/2014I on the spur of the moment, as myself and hubby are on A/L and my husband had never tried middletons before. we decided on the lunch menu, we felt it was good value, exceptionally good food,delicious and extremely filling. We will definitely return and definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends 😋Special Features:
- Steak yummyZxjonDined on 2/11/2014Excellent food. Excellent friendly service. Steak to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stakeholderDined on 2/11/2014Good quality steaks cooked as requested - friendly and attentive staff - relaxed atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!Yvonne42Dined on 1/11/2014My favourite restaurant - best steak in the city. Ezcellent service and lovely atmosphere 😀😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, but restaurant noisyCloggieeDined on 1/11/2014Had a lovely Saturday evening meal with friends and the food was nice. Slight disappointment was that we had requested a quiet table but were given a table downstairs and when busy you struggle to hear the other people on your table. Also the service was so fast you struggled to breathe between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday 1st novemberdessertsDined on 1/11/2014Our main meal was good, service was good. Come to the dessert and I can say that they were the worst desserts we have ever had. The ice cream was very melted and not cold so clearly been sitting on the side or sometime, the brownie in the chocolate dessert was hard so this was old brownie, clearly it was old as our 2 of our children had brownie and ice cream and their brownie was totally different. The chocolate sauce in the sundae was burning three of my family's throat. Very disappointe in the quality of the desserts
- fussyDined on 1/11/2014As usual the experience at Middletons was all we had come to expect. Great food, happy staff and lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- EatwellDined on 1/11/2014We were disappointed with our meal this time, my daughter asked for a medium cooked steak and they brought it out medium rare, we asked them to cook it further to become a medium , however after waiting for 10mins it came out exactly the same, my steak was tough and grisslely and it didn't have much flavor , this is the 6 th time we have been and it's the 1st time I have had to complain,Special Features:
- First timeJazziewooDined on 31/10/2014Had a fabulous birthday meal with my boyfriend , everything lived up to all I had heard about it , food was cooked to perfection can not wait for an excuse to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant eveningGuineapig17Dined on 30/10/2014My daughter and I had a pre Xmas shopping evening and booked an evening meal here. As usual the service was excellent and the food was lovely. We can't wait to return and will book on line which was easySpecial Features:
- Middleton's is Topsstunner292Dined on 30/10/2014This restaurant offers very good offerings in all areas,food,service and ambience.Beautifully cooked steaks with an abundance of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- floridadiningDined on 29/10/2014nice venue, poor slow service, (try sending waiters/waitresses to florida for training on how to look after your customers, a lot to be learnt), also 22 oz porterhouse extremely fatty, 60 % wasted, at cost of £30 ! no one asked if we wanted any drinks after the initial order, and why can waiters/waitresses not remember who has ordered what. Like i say a lot to be learnt,
- Great starter, disappointing mainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/10/2014Lunch menu good value but service slow so ran out of time for 3 courses. Smoked salmon starter fantastic! Poached salmon main disappointing. Read as though it was going to be hot salmon with potatoes and salad on the side but it came as a salad with cold salmon and new potatoes scattered over it. The biggest disappointment was that there was no salad dressing on it. I think it is a crime to serve a salad without dressing or to at least put a little pot of dressing on the side for people to add themselves. I had to ask for some dressing and all I received was olive oil with squeezed lemon juice in it. It wasn't tasty and left the whole thing very bland. Would not have salmon again for this reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak!!woodjohnDined on 28/10/2014Family meal for 5 to celebrate sons 18th birthday. Service was both swift and professional - the food was outstanding!! Busy for what was a Tuesday night, so a trifle noisy for my liking.......but overall a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 27/10/2014Excellent food and service every time! On my most recent visit, the staff were really helpful with having a high chair ready at our table for our daughter, and were more than accommodating as we were late from being held up in traffic. Don't even think about it, just go here, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.