Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
11-15 Timber Hill
Norwich, NR1 3JZNeighbourhood:
SteakhousePrice: £25 and under
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.middletons-shg.co.uk/
- Phone: 01603 920397
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Mott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Glenn Walker 01603 920397
A word from Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
At Middletons Steak House & Grill we offer an excellent selection of char-grilled Steaks & Sauces as well as delicious homemade Burgers, a Grill and Prime Grill menu and a selection of British classics; Fish & Chips, Rack of Lamb to name a few. Starters include favorites such as Crayfish Cocktail, Whitebait and our famous sharing platters; and to finish we have a selection of our handmade desserts like Chocolate Brownie, Creme Brûlée & Eton Mess, all served in our beautiful & comfortable restaurant. So come and enjoy our hospitality, we look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill - Best restaurants in Norwich ›
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
908 reviews since 1 November 2013
special occasions (633)group bookings (423)romance (356)fit for foodies (355)pre/post theatre (289)business meals (278)outstanding value (227)sunday lunch (171)child friendly (143)brunch (91)good vegetarian options (48)afternoon tea (35)disabled access (23)outdoor eating (11)Show More
- Middleton's is Topsstunner292Dined on 30/10/2014This restaurant offers very good offerings in all areas,food,service and ambience.Beautifully cooked steaks with an abundance of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- floridadiningDined on 29/10/2014nice venue, poor slow service, (try sending waiters/waitresses to florida for training on how to look after your customers, a lot to be learnt), also 22 oz porterhouse extremely fatty, 60 % wasted, at cost of £30 ! no one asked if we wanted any drinks after the initial order, and why can waiters/waitresses not remember who has ordered what. Like i say a lot to be learnt,
- Great starter, disappointing mainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/10/2014Lunch menu good value but service slow so ran out of time for 3 courses. Smoked salmon starter fantastic! Poached salmon main disappointing. Read as though it was going to be hot salmon with potatoes and salad on the side but it came as a salad with cold salmon and new potatoes scattered over it. The biggest disappointment was that there was no salad dressing on it. I think it is a crime to serve a salad without dressing or to at least put a little pot of dressing on the side for people to add themselves. I had to ask for some dressing and all I received was olive oil with squeezed lemon juice in it. It wasn't tasty and left the whole thing very bland. Would not have salmon again for this reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 27/10/2014Excellent food and service every time! On my most recent visit, the staff were really helpful with having a high chair ready at our table for our daughter, and were more than accommodating as we were late from being held up in traffic. Don't even think about it, just go here, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service...MandyLou1975Dined on 26/10/2014It was our first visit and we really enjoyed it. Very attentive waiting staff (Jodie), great atmosphere, we also had a great table which helped. Sunday lunch and the restaurant was very busy so I would definately recommend booking. The food was really good quality although we waited quite a long time for our meal but it was worth the wait.Special Features:
- NorfolkMumDined on 25/10/2014Absolutely wonderful meal, slightly over priced for Norwich restaurants, but cannot fault anything about it. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- excellent!!keky1Dined on 25/10/2014Food was fantastic as usual, good atmosphere, great service. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab mealFoodie01Dined on 25/10/2014Absolutely delicious meal, would thoroughly recommend it. Couldn't fault the taste of the food or the presentation. The portion size could have been slightly bigger. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014Ate at Middletoas part of a birthday celebration, the food atmosphere and service were very good.
- ExcellantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014Great food, fast friendly service. Great value and I felt very relaxedI would recommend this to a friend.
- nice foodwesley14Dined on 25/10/2014thoroughly enjoyable meal at Middletons steak house.Special Features:
- Great value & good foodBren1968Dined on 25/10/2014If you haven't been to Middletons yet, what are you waiting for? I took my wife and two teenage children on Saturday and we took advantage of the set three course meal. When I say took advantage - I don't know how they do it. Starter, main & pudding - all well presented and good quality - for under a tenner. Will definitely go again. Make sure you book - they did turn away a lot of people.Special Features:
- Generally goodksmatavDined on 24/10/2014Place had been recommended by several friends of ours. Our food was of a very good quality. The service was very efficient, if anything too efficient as we had hardly finished our last mouthful before they'd cleared the table ready for the next course. Felt a bit like they were keen to use the table again rather than let us relax and enjoy our meal. Atmosphere was good but we hardly ever get to go out as a couple these days so it was a little noisy for a romantic meal. Be great for a group of workmates or pals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food..shame about the serviceFoodie101Dined on 24/10/2014Fantastic food and great atmosphere..unfortunately the staff failed to mention when you book a table you can only have the table for 2 hours..we were asked to leave the table after 2 hours 10 mins due to another booking. When questioned about the other tables that were free they insisted that we had to vacate the table. We then made a call to the manager a couple of days later to firstly congratulate him on the food etc however we were met by a cold front after he advised that he knew we would be calling. He refused to accept that asking us to leave was rude and that it clearly state this online(we have so far been unable to find this) Not only did his staff let him down he himself let the reputation of the restuarant down by his attitudeSpecial Features:
- Really Good GrubDavidSDined on 24/10/2014All aspects of a really good eatery are to be found at Middletons. The food and service are outstanding and good value. Steaks and fish are cooked to the highest standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and friendlyLiketotryDined on 23/10/2014I was a little dubious as I am a veggie. I didn't fancy the choice for the value lunch but had a lunch size haloumi skewers and wasn't disappointed. My friends loved their minute steaks too. Good value, £2 for wine with the special lunch. Will go with my husband soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early evening dining!!!!!CustomairDined on 21/10/2014Went there for an early evening business meal. Very efficient quick service with a very cheery waitress .The meal was plentyful and of good quality my guests were very happy !!Special Features:
- Middleton'sfatspannaDined on 19/10/2014Delicious main course and sides, I even enjoyed the broccoli and cabbage. The steak and ribs were beautifully cooked but the dessert was a disappointment. As I don't like nuts in puddings I avoided my usual favourite, a brownie, and chose the lemon tart instead. Somehow the pastry was both sweaty and chewy at the same time, Mary Berry would not have been impressed. However, the level of service was excellent, the ambiance was great, the main meal was highly enjoyable so I won't be put off by a little soggy bottom.Special Features:
- Amazing foodSchapDined on 19/10/2014Came here for a birthday meal, definitely will be back soon! Such a lovely meal and made to feel so welcome. Food was to the highest standard possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters birthdayWh33lerDined on 19/10/2014Perfect meal for a perfect day, 3 ate steaks , one had a beef burger. Always a good choice of menu and will look to return and try something else. The staff are always curtious and friendly . Thank youSpecial Features:
- a little dissapointedfoxfaceDined on 18/10/2014Arrived at middletons for my husbands birthday meal 8pm Saturday, we thought the setting was very nice and a nice welcome, our starter was very nice, recommend the crayfish cocktail, but we felt let down with our main meal, we literally had just put our knife and fork down from finishing our starter and the waitress was standing there with our main meal, the waitress had no where to put our plates, it made us feel very rushed, we wanted to enjoy are evening not feel pushed out the door in a rush, and then unfortunately our side order of onion rings was swimming in oil, which we sent back, apart from this the food was very nice, not sure if we would return though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good first time experience..Si123Dined on 18/10/2014Very nice interior. We sat upstairs overlooking the ground floor with good visibility of the busy kitchens below. Prices were more reasonable than we were expecting. Service was prompt, but when questioned on one of the sauces in my partner's dish the waitress (who was very polite) couldn't answer it. There was also a little mishap with one of the source pots which ended up on my girlfriends lap when being cleared away...luckily it was fairly empty and there wasn't any real damage done. The food was delicious! I tried lobster for the first time ever, expecting it to be messy, but it was all prepared to make the eating experience more enjoyable. My partner had steak and said it was cooked perfectly. We will return one day I'm sure.Special Features:
- Middletons NorwichMancMalcDined on 18/10/2014Well this was our 3rd visit to Middletons and once again the Foods was excellent, the service was friendly and informative and there's always a vibrant atmosphere going on. All age groups are catered for and we'd recommend you visit especially if you have teenage children. One word of advice is to book early otherwise you won't get a table as it's always busy because it's so good. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Waiter Needs TrainingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/10/2014We were hoping to enjoy a nice meal for a work colleague leaving the buiness after 25 years.We ordered champagne to start, all was fine up to this point, but on ordering our food and then wishing to order wine we were quite abruptly told we had already had the wine list. Reading from the list of side orders also seemed to be a problem for the waiter who tutted & gestured to us where we could find it ourselves on the menu. Post desserts & coffees,which one diner dared to ask for complimentary chocolates & was told some of the desserts have chocolate in them, we were given the bill & it was pretty clear we were now to leave ! Shame is the food & wine was very good indeed but your waiter let you down & spoilt the whole experience.Special Features:
- WOWALiDDined on 13/10/2014OUTSTANDING SERVICE AND FOOD. EVERYONE REALLY FRIENDLY CANT WAIT TO GO AGAIN XXSpecial Features:
- SuperbMansDined on 12/10/2014lovely good quality food. Excellent menu and decent wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Measley Carvery 👎FeedmemoreDined on 12/10/2014The Carvery was tasty, but only enough to fill the belly of a mouse, where are the pigs in blankets ? Parsnips? Stuffing ? Mashed swede? One small slice of each of beef & lamb ? Come on Middletons, sort it out. Won't go back for a Carvery that's for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once agsin amazingPurpleRoni13Dined on 11/10/2014Second time going to Middletons for a group party on a busy Saturday, but once again outstanding food,cocktails and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, atmosphere & serviceMeatatarianDined on 11/10/2014This has always been a favourite restaurant that the whole of my family love. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is very buzzy, casual enough to feel relaxed but still with high standards. It is now getting very popular so you definitely need to book in advance. The staff make you feel at home and are very attentive. You won t be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!chickenlover69Dined on 11/10/2014Lovely food and atmosphere! Not to sure why there was a rat in my steak, but equally it tasted very scummy! My daughter had an allergic reaction to the sweet potato fries, but all is well she is recovering in hospital, just about to go in for a c-section. We are all very proud of her! my chicken was amazing as finally someone left it nice and pink in the middle. My son fell down the toilet as he is only 3 months old, he made a speedy recovery when he was released from the sewers last week.Special Features:
- ExcellentKatesophieaveryDined on 10/10/2014Incredible food. We both had the grill platters which were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! (Even for vegetarians!)VegetarianlovesfoodtooDined on 10/10/2014Being a vegetarian, I find it difficult to eat out at most restaurants as often priority is taken over non-vegetarian meals. Most places will bung a veggie meal in the microwave= dry and tasteless. I booked for my boyfriend's 18th as he's a big meat eater despite being slightly concerned at first due to my previous experiences in restaurants of vegetarian options, however I was utterly surprised. Not only was his steak, ribs and chicken delicious and fresh...but as was my macaroni cheese. I felt like I wasn't excluded and my meal was also considered as equally important. The service made it even better as no judgement seem to be made when I ordered the veggie option in a steak house! Excellent food and experience.Special Features:
- BirthdaypazhappyDined on 9/10/2014came for a birthday meal.was well greeted upon arrival.service was with a smile all through my visit.food was excellent as was the ambience.very impressedSpecial Features:
- excellent food poor servicebdayDined on 8/10/2014Second time at middletons food same excellent standard. Service poor, slow and poor knowledge to help recommend with wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageBobbie80Dined on 8/10/2014We go to Middleton's at least once per month. It's normally excellent. However, on this occasion the food was average at best.. The ribs were tough and the dauphinue potatoes were swimming in oil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Night Out!MarkLDined on 8/10/2014Good night out with a couple of mates. All food, service etc we're brilliant as we've come to expect from Middletons. Thanks Middletons MarkSpecial Features:
- AmazingBirthdayTreatDined on 7/10/2014Lots of friends have raved about Middletons so I booked a table for my partner's birthday. The atmosphere was lovely, service great and the food...amazing!! Steak cooked perfectly to my liking, the chicken was so tender and not at all dry! And the ribs just fell off the bone - I had the middletons grill. The garlic bread was just right and not at all greasy. My partner had steak & sticky; his was cooked just as perfectly. The quality (and portion size) of the food is totally worth the pricing; although for my partner and I it is a 'special occasion' restaurant, we would not be able to afford to go as often as we'd like. Overall great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak22ozDined on 6/10/2014Had the 22 oz porterhouse For £30. With sides and was still hungry. The steak was very nice and we enjoyed it but needed more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch every timedoctorchutneyDined on 5/10/2014Have now been here three times, twice with work and once with my wife, and the food has been outstanding on each occasion. I'm amazed at the ability of the chefs to get every meat order spot on in terms of everyone's individual cooking preference. The starters are also amazing and I can recommend the bucket of whitebait or the crayfish cocktail. Meals are served on boards, but if hygene concerns you simply ask for a plate. A lot of the seating gives you some sort of view of the kitchen via the large serving hatch, so you can see how hard those guys work cooking all that stuff to order. The staff are always attentive and friendly and overall Middletons is one of the first places I think of when recommending eating places in Norwich.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014My husband and I were looking forward to going to middletons as had been recommended by lots of people for a long while.we had a lovely waitress to begin with polite and had banter with us.food was quick and was nice wasn't mind blowing but fine.we had been given our desserts and coffee and then told we had 15mins to be out which I thought wasn't very good few mins later I was asked by the waitress to hurry up eating my dessert then we paid for our meal which waitress rushed and seemed like she really wanted to hurry us up.whem my husband mentioned it wasn't very good to be told we had 15 mins to get out she ignored us.i complained to the manager and she wasn't interested either not interested in customer satisfaction just the next tableSpecial Features: