Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
11-15 Timber Hill
Norwich, NR1 3JZNeighbourhood:
SteakhousePrice: £25 and under
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.middletons-shg.co.uk/
- Phone: 01603 920397
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Adam Mott
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Glenn Walker 01603 920397
A word from Middletons Steakhouse & Grill
At Middletons Steak House & Grill we offer an excellent selection of char-grilled Steaks & Sauces as well as delicious homemade Burgers, a Grill and Prime Grill menu and a selection of British classics; Fish & Chips, Rack of Lamb to name a few. Starters include favorites such as Crayfish Cocktail, Whitebait and our famous sharing platters; and to finish we have a selection of our handmade desserts like Chocolate Brownie, Creme Brûlée & Eton Mess, all served in our beautiful & comfortable restaurant. So come and enjoy our hospitality, we look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill - Best restaurants in Norwich ›
Middletons Steakhouse & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
877 reviews since 22 May 2014
special occasions (614)group bookings (420)romance (341)fit for foodies (339)pre/post theatre (274)business meals (265)outstanding value (215)sunday lunch (164)child friendly (129)brunch (86)good vegetarian options (49)afternoon tea (36)disabled access (23)outdoor eating (11)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 17/9/2014Great food, and excellent service, a happy atmosphere , will go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccassionTantreDined on 15/9/2014We booked va table for our daughters 30th birthday, we were not disappointed, the food was fabulous, the staff were equally fantastic and made sure that she had a brilliant time, well done to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/9/2014Food was average and not as good or as much as was expected. Certainly did not live up to expectations. Over-rated
- Sunday evening mealCaliDined on 14/9/2014We attended Sun evening for my birthday with family. It was a nice meal as usual but wasn't impressed with having to sit on a tub type chair while the rest of my family were in the booth. There was only 6 of us so it's not like we were a large booking. I felt as though I was sitting on the floor and eating at chest level. Food was cooked as requested though and service was excellent as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service good fooddineDined on 13/9/2014Food excellent best steak had in ages. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good this time roundNicknameDined on 13/9/2014We ate at Middletons when it first opened, steaks/food was amazing, nothing too. ,much trouble. This time, food..... Minute portions, for a steak house, it's important to cook a steak to a customers preference-didn't happen, and considering our table was at 6pm, we were in and out with 2 courses by 6.50! Not really what we'd call a nice meal out, very disappointed.... And lots of our friends in the last few days have said the same, great at the start, now showing they're just a chain. I asked for two champagne cocktails with sparklers for his birthday, got 2 wine glasses of prosecco and a strawberry ?!??! I thought Middletons was a but special?? Enjoyed the surroundings- this time thumbs down 👎Special Features:
- Reccomendation was accurateBeautyandthegrumpDined on 13/9/2014Lunch on Saturday 1pm. Seated immediately, drinks order was fast. Whitebait to start the Sea bass off the bone and the steak and Chicken combo. All perfectly cooked. Shared treacle pudding and cream with really good coffee and the bill didn't break the bank. Will come again.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience!LuvlyjubblyDined on 12/9/20141st time we dined at middletons, would defiantly be coming back! Food was delicious, waitress/service fantastic, overall lovely place to eat/drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014The food and waitress service was excellent. Good choice and a nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timePurpleRoni13Dined on 12/9/2014This was our first time here and I can't fault anything. The food was fantastic, the service was brilliant they attended to every need and the value of food and drink was really good. We're already planning the next time to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!SJ1402Dined on 11/9/2014The food was outstanding, complemented by a great wine list. The food took an hour to arrive. We didn't mind (we didn't even notice) but still we were offered free drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodAmazingSteakDined on 11/9/2014Steak was cooked perfectly and the service was amazing! Would 100% recommend eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food outstandingTigerDined on 11/9/2014The food is outstanding only thing is that in evening it's very noisey . Lunch time is fineSpecial Features:
- Best steak ever!kidaamnesiacDined on 11/9/2014Food was perfectly cooked. Our server Lucy was funny and charming, great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently OutstandingTonyMDined on 11/9/2014I should say at first that I am not easy to please.The quality of the steak is always outstanding. Having said that, the chicken, lamb and bbq spare ribs are too. We had to wait a while for the main course but it was worth waiting for. I had the Prime Grill..awesome. I have also used their other Resto at Middleton near Kings Lynn. The quality is every bit as good. We are going to try their sunday lunch sometime soon. Keep it up guys...great format.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not badSimonskiDined on 10/9/2014Well where do I begin. I booked a table for 2 for my fiance and myself. The service was lovely and we felt very welcome on entering. I ordered our drinks which were swiftly served to us. I ordered the 10oz ribeye steak with a side of fries. I asked for the steak to be medium rare and it was beautifully cooked. The single small lone mushroom and half of a tomato was a bit of a let down and made the meal feel unnecessarily expensive. My other half had the sticky ribs with chips and onion rings to share. She thoroughly enjoyed the ribs and said they had lots of flavour. The chips and onion rings felt like they weren't anything special. Overall I feel like I overpaid due to the restaurant and I could have done far better for much less at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service1sttimevisitDined on 10/9/2014First visit to this restaurant and extremely pleased we went. We ate at lunch time, which was very busy. A varied menu with lovely choices. The service was outstanding, will definately recommend and visit again.Special Features:
- Good atmosphereBrianDined on 10/9/2014We enjoyed the meal, & the service was good. Food could have been hotterSpecial Features:
- Lazy sunday afternoon!WheezDined on 7/9/2014We went on Sunday afternoon. The restaurant was relaxed and friendly. Good home cooked food even for me a veggie. Rather pricey for a steak house.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014My meal was nice as was my daughters meal my husband had the carvery and was very disappointed it wasn't very nice and he left more than half his mealSpecial Features:
- Dining at MiddletonsPorkypigDined on 6/9/2014There were five adults and one child, the starters were good except for the wooden plates, didin't think they were hygenic, the main course of the Norfolk grill was poor, two sausages, a pork chop, a slice of gammon and three pineapple rings, the pork chop wasn't cooked properly it was raw in the middle, one person had scampi and there was no scampi inside the batter and they were very dry and the chips were very salty, the salad was very gritty and didn't taste at all nice, I have an eight year old I didn't think all that salt was healthy, another person had a coffee at the end of the meal and the coffee was so bitter it was undrinkable. We did complain to the waiter but we didn't get any money knocked off, and he did say he would.Special Features:
- Great steak poor bread poor serviceTastyorange12Dined on 6/9/2014Me and my girlfriend visited for the first time Saturday evening. First impressions were great, loved the menu and all was well. We then ordered the bread sharing starter which was incredibly dismal. Expecting a nice fresh ciabatta or similar we received dry stale bread to which we pointed out to the waiter who did nothing but squeeze the bread and confirm it was dry, no replacement, no compensation. Main meals came and the steak was beautiful but my girlfriends burger again encased in a stale bread bun. After our meal this was highlighted again but it must have fallen in deaf ears as the waiter didn't seem to care. We left feeling disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodLove2eatDined on 6/9/2014The food was amazing cooked well and fabulous quality. We were given our dessert menus and it took a long while for the Oder to actually be taken but when the food arrived it was well worth waiting for. Will certainly return.Special Features:
- Mealsteak2wineDined on 6/9/2014Came in on Saturday night with my boyfriend and two friends the meal was the best ever really enjoyed ourselves will defo be coming back soonSpecial Features:
- My experience.BwaltonDined on 6/9/2014Had very high expectations which was maybe to high. Overall we had a nice evening and the staff where attentive but minor things like my parter asking for med to well done on his steak and it still came out bleeding was disappointing as steak is there speciality... Also my king prawns I didn't feel where cooked properly as the should be firm but they two where mushy there for I couldn't bare to eat them. But besides that it was nice. Also was sat near the door which let a draft in and with twin babies we was a disappointed to be sat in an innapropriate placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middletons SteakhouseRuthieDined on 6/9/2014Extremely good service, very good food. Not often you find a restaurant that just stick to what they are good at and never disappoint, Middletons is definitely one of my favourite restaurants in NorwichSpecial Features:
- Great foodgeorgeDined on 6/9/2014Loved the food and service! One of the best steak houses in Norwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have ever tastedsmurf0241Dined on 6/9/2014great food, service with a smile, we never had to ask for water to be refilled, it was done before you even thought about it, great service and good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Darling4friendsdineDined on 6/9/2014As usual we had a fantastic 3 course lunch for £9·95. The food was cooked to perfection and the service is spot on. No waiting for half an hour between courses. It's great to be able to see the chefs in action in the kitchen area. There is always plenty of both kitchen and service staff to ensure your experience at Middletons is enjoyable and first class. We have been several times for the set lunch and a few times in the evening for food from.the main menu. Our next visit will most probably be in the evening and we will be trying one of the huge specialist steaks. Thank you to all at Middletons for a lovely visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sons birthday.Coders11Dined on 4/9/2014Food was very good. One small gripe air con was dripping on me all nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!RamsDined on 3/9/2014I had the Middletons mixed grill and my wife had the steak and sticky, both were cooked to perfection and quality and quantity was great. Restaurant was clean and staff were very attentive, the only slight issue was it is quite loud in the restaurant due to the high ceiling but in no way would this stop us returning again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014One the best restaurants in Norwich. Excellent food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- been before & had better experienceEmma7793Dined on 1/9/2014We have enjoyed middletons before so we recommend going with friends who hadn't been. I would usually order a steak rare, but a friend and I had to order medium well due to being pregnant. Her steak came out rare we had to get attention of waiter as after waiting he did not come back to check meals were ok, took it back we were told fresh meal in 5 minutes which was actually 15 minutes by the time her meal was returned her pepper sauce was cold there was no further apology about the wait. We had all virtually finished our meals by the time my poor friend got hers. The bill came we were told they had taken a dessert off by way of an apology. I felt quite embarrassed at having recommended this restaurant to our friends. The service was poor.Special Features:
- Ambienceluv2eatDined on 30/8/2014Service was very good but the level of noise was excessive. I dont know if this comes from the style of the Restaurant, ie very high ceiling and overhead diners upstairs? We sat in the middle of the Restaurant, downstairs and were unable to hear anything anyone of us said and also what the waitress sometimes said. We did feel a bit rushed but were pleased to get outside and talk!Special Features:
- IanF922Dined on 29/8/2014We arrived 10 minutes early but were show to our table straight away. Our booth was ideal as we had a small child with us so was easy to keep an eye on her. The waitress was very pleasant and and atentative to our requirments. Starters came and was plentyful. My whitebate was very nice however, I would have liked them lightly deep fried but thats a personal choice. Starters complete the main was not far behind. All steaks were done to perfection to individual needs. A mixture of sides were ordered and arrived in abundance and were very tasty. Overall the meal was excellent and filling. As this was a special occassion and do not normally eat out we will be back sometime in the future.Special Features:
- Fab nightGracie77Dined on 29/8/2014Middletons as ever didn't fail to disappoint! Great food, great atmosphere, it certainly takes some beating! Waitress was friendly and made us feel relaxed. Definitely one of our favourite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasic and value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/8/2014We had heard Middletons was expensive so had saved our experience for a holiday treat and in fact we were pleasantly surprised. Great value for money, great food and great staff. Will go again with out a second thought. Thank you MiddletonsSpecial Features:
- Excellent as alwaysDAZ14Dined on 29/8/2014We dined at Middletons on Friday night, on arrival we were greeted with a warm and friendly member of staff and shown to our table upstairs. Our waiter was Lee and he was excellent throughout the evening, with recommendations on the speciality dishes which I chose to have and I was extremely pleased with the choice. Overall a very nice evening yet again at in our opinion the best steak house in the areaSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/8/20143rd visit here Steaks are good and cooked to your liking, but have to say over priced Starters & Sweets we will not be ordering these again as you get very little for price .Special Features:
- THE BEST MEAL IN NORWICHBertDined on 27/8/2014Could not fault anything, food was of excellent quality and cooked to perfection. Service was also excellent . If you want to have a good meal you wont go far wrong with this restaurant.Special Features: