Milan Indian Cuisine
93 Newhall Street
Birmingham, B3 1LHNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
Milan Indian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.milanindiancuisine.co.uk/
- Phone: 0121 236 0671
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6pm - 11:30pm
Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Milan Indian Cuisine
One of Birmingham’s most trusted dining institutions, Milan Indian Cuisine is a busy restaurant tucked away on Newhall Street. A true hidden gem, Milan Indian Cuisine is popular with vegetarians, but the meat and seafood choices at this modern restaurant are plentiful too. Inside is a stylish space decorated with leather seats, low lighting, fresh white linens and trendy flower arrangements. The real secret of Milan Indian Cuisines’ longevity however lies in the cuisine – the reasonably priced menu here is a unique fusion of traditional flavours, artistic presentation and contemporary methods. Good for business dining and large parties, this restaurant is guaranteed to impress the most passionate curry connoisseurs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Milan Indian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since 23 November 2013
group bookings (5)good vegetarian options (2)romance (1)special occasions (1)brunch (1)child friendly (1)outstanding value (1)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- Nothing specialRickyGDined on 15/11/2014Food was ok however the service was terrible.. Took ages to get drinks.. Then an eternity to take our orders.. While waiting a waiter came back and asked to clarify our order again.. Must have not been paying attention in the first place.. Food was brought out it was satisfactory however an extra dish of rice was brought out which I did not order.. Once the meal was finished nobody came to clear up the table I had to go to the bar and ask for the bill because I had had enough.. The bill was given and it was wrong that mysterious rice was on my bill I asked for it to be changed.. Hostile waiters no atmosphere mediocre food awful service.. Worst restaurant I've been to in all of England not jus Birmingham..
- delicious....RonsonDined on 29/5/2014I would go as far as saying that this is they best Indian food that I've ever tasted - and I'm really fussy! The waiter was very friendly and helpful with suggestions. Overall the bill was very reasonable. If I lived locally we would be visiting regularly.Special Features:
- Polite is not enoughChuckDined on 15/5/2014The waiters were very polite. but the food was not that great. The pawns that came wit the starter was very chewy so i guess its either a few days old or extremely over cooked. I had better and paid a lot less. Naan Bread was nice tho. also the toilets did not feel very clean.Special Features:
- Nothing special foodlindseyDined on 26/4/2014Could go to a cheaper resturant and get it for £20, ours cost 60. Staff were friendly. We got there at 8 on saturday and it was emptySpecial Features:
- AverageclaireeeeeeeDined on 14/2/2014I guess Milan is nicer than your average Balti house, and has some more interesting things on its menu. However the experience overall wasn't outstanding. We ordered 3 popadoms between 2 of us. One was massive and burnt, the other 2 were small, like the Sharwoods ones you buy at Tesco. The wine was quite weak, to the point where it may have been watered down. I asked for water and no one brought it, so I was sat thirsty for a while. However, the waitress was very apologetic and brought some over when I told her. Generally the staff are nice and our meals were tasty.Special Features:
- Nice Venue.HenryFinneganDined on 14/2/2014Although the interior decode is not as polished as some of the other competitors, the restaurant had welcoming, friendly staff with a live jazz music playing while we dined. The staff was always on hand to order more drinks or see if the food was okay and meals were brought out with more than enough time to enjoy the different courses. I'd dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Milan Indian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Sort of attentiveLeoaDined on 13/6/2013Good clean flavours. The boss knew that one of our group had a cucumber allergy, but didn't seem to know that they'd also booked us in for the 25% off early evening deal. We had to remind them of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food disappointing servicejoannamDined on 19/3/2013Visited Milan Indian Cuisine on a business lunch and was extremely disappointed with the service which was rude and abrupt. This was a real shame as the food itself was excellentSpecial Features:
- Good food, OK servicecomedinewithmeDined on 22/2/2013We booked a table at Milan last minute one Friday evening. It was very quiet when we arrived and even when it got busier it just didn't really have the atmosphere I enjoy on an evening out. The lights are too bright and there seems to be a lot of waiters just standing around. The menu choice was good and food arrived quickly. Meals were tasy and nicely spiced, but nothing about them really stood out, even though we chose completely different dishes than we usually would, and purposely chose dishes that looked unusual. Having said that it was good value and as the food was nice I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at MilanspottydogDined on 23/1/2013Very happy with the meal. Big space, quite empty due to heavy snow, but great service and more 'authentic' food than a lot of Indians. Good wine selection too. Impressed overall!I would recommend this to a friend.
- As the saying goes, does exactlyTedHeath01Dined on 21/11/2012As the saying goes, does exactly what it says on the tin...................Group of 7 , all had a great time. Warm welcome, lovely atmosphere and "PROPER CURRY"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out to chillalwaystogetherDined on 29/9/2012Saturday night maybe was not the right time to go if you want to chill and talk. It was so busy with 2 large parties and it was so noisey we could not here eachother talk. The food was very nice indeed and hot the starter was lovely. We asked for a 20 minutes break between starter and main but the food was bought out after 5 minutes. We had to ask for water and a beer 4 times so the service was not that good at all. I didn't even ask for the bill and was it was brought over and given to my friend who paid it. Why assume the man will always pay the bill? so that was embarrassing. Will give it another try as the food is nice and the place is nice but the service was not all that.Special Features:
- Perfect for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 28/5/2012Visited Milan Indian in Birmingham the other week while it was on the quiet side it still provided a good quality meal for me and my colleague. The top table 241 offer made it worth a visit and we weren't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Milan a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 23/2/2012We have been to Milan a number of times and we love it. We recommend the non veg and the veg thali.
- What a great find! superbian2kDined on 11/2/2012What a great find! superb food, great service, pleasant decor...really couldn't fault it!
- starters were very good. howeverGastronomeVIPDined on 14/1/2012starters were very good. however after the first course, everything went pear shaped. chicken korma was very bland and tasteless, the pilau rice had more flavour than the korma (did not enjoy it at all). lentil and chick pea side dishes were alway very bland. lamb rogan josh was nothing spectacular. desserts were okay. service was friendly and efficient. the restaurant felt cold from the time we walked in until the end of the evening
- A welcoming & comfortableNickDined on 24/12/2011A welcoming & comfortable 3 course xmas eve at the Milan - staff were courteous & attentive without being overbearing, the food was spot on, a wonderful array of spicy paneer dishes amongst many others, vegetarians won't be disappointed. Good value for money
- Milans Restaurant - Birmingham VerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 28/11/2011Milans Restaurant - Birmingham Very nice food both starters and main meal - overall service was good quality. Only problem was it was very very cold and we had to ask a couple of times for the heating to be put on - after a while it was.
- Milan Indian in Birmingham-OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2011Milan Indian in Birmingham- good service, excellent food and great menu selection. Plenty of free on-street parking available just outside.
- We (a party of three) hadDiscriminateDinerDined on 13/10/2011We (a party of three) had a pleasant dinner at Milan Indian Cuisine in Birmingham. The food was good (if on the hot side for some of the dishes), the portions generous, and the service attentive and efficient. Would go there again, especially with their current 25% discount on food.
- Milan indian Birmingham FridaylovefoodDined on 2/9/2011Milan indian Birmingham Friday night 6 of us . Very relaxed not rushed at all. However they didnt ask how spicy we all wanted our food.This would have avoided one of the couples finding the food too spicy. Overall superb food Will return.
- My partner a I went to MilanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2011My partner a I went to Milan Indian Cuisine in Birmingham. We used a Groupon we could have a starter, a main with rice & a naan & a dessert for £24. The Starter was a selection of chicken tikka shish keebab & Salmon. My main was nice although the membrane on the Monkfish hadnt been removed so it had curled up & was quiet tough. My partners main was a lamb dish which was just full of white fat & no meat, so we complained, the head chef came out & explained then the manager offered us a free main
- Excellent food - well presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 23/6/2011Excellent food - well presented and lovely flavours!
- Milans Indian Cuisine Birmingham.CuppaTDined on 25/5/2011Milans Indian Cuisine Birmingham. Had a relaxing lunch with a friend. Tried their lunch time buffet. Adequate selection, tasty food. Good value, nice atmosphere.
- There are plenty of super-plushOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/2/2011There are plenty of super-plush indian restaurants in Birmingham nowadays, but you certainly pay for all those fixtures and fittings when you dine there. Milan has been going for years, and whilst the decor might give that away, the food certainly doesn't. Good food, good value, friendly staff.
- I had not been to the MilanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011I had not been to the Milan in Birmingham since 1992, so wondered if it was still as good as I remembered. I should not have worried. The service was polite and attentive and the food was excellent. In particular, my wife was enchanted with the sea bream and its delicious delecate coconut based sauce - the highlight of the evening. Whilst a little out of the way, it is certainly worth finding even in a city like Birmingham that has so many good restaurants.
- We arrived very late for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2010We arrived very late for our reservation at Milan in Birmingham yet the staff were so accommodating, welcoming and helpful. The food and service were both excellent and the restaurant is very good value for money.