20 Earlsdon Street
Coventry, CV5 6EGNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.millsys.co.uk/
- Phone: 02476713222
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday 9:00AM - 12:00PM, Sunday 10:00AM - 4:00PM; Lunch: Monday - Saturday 12:00PM - 3:00PM, Sunday 12:00PM - 4:00PM; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 6:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Oliver Hopkins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Regular live music in the bar/bistro on Sunday evenings. Open mic nights on Mondays from 7pm.
A word from Millsys
Millsy's Pizza Pasta Grills is a stylish and reasonably priced eaterie located in the popular Coventry suburb of Earlsdon. Established in the community as a friendly and welcoming place to dine both informally for breakfast and lunch in the bistro or in the evenings in the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Millsys reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since 24 May 2014
special occasions (31)group bookings (29)romance (21)brunch (21)outstanding value (20)business meals (18)sunday lunch (18)good vegetarian options (16)fit for foodies (14)disabled access (9)pre/post theatre (6)afternoon tea (5)child friendly (3)outdoor eating (2)Show More
- EnjoyableEmmaM2Dined on 28/6/2014Food was lovely, staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful - will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but service slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 14/6/2014The service to begin with was really good but after we had eaten our food and looked at the dessert menu we were left for approximately 30 to 40 minutes we were going to order dessert but thought twice. The food was of an excellent standard and would definitely come again if service improvesSpecial Features:
- Amazing foodLesterDined on 5/6/2014Cannot recommend Millsys highly enough! Fantastic food, service is second to none. Pleasant surrounding's and Peroni on tap, give Millsys a try and you will not be disapointed !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eyes larger than stomach!HummingbirdDined on 25/5/2014I went for a Sunday lunch with my mother when she came to visit me at university. I was naturally rather hungry and thought I could stomach four courses - sadly mistaken! They are healthy sized portions for the price, which are very reasonable. The staff were friendly and attentive - a good eye to detail. Quick to apologise (?!) when one dish didn't come with a sauce (as ordered off the main menu, not the daily menu - where it didn't come with the sauce!) Food came promptly and tasted great!Special Features:
- Not Impressedhopper123Dined on 13/5/2014Waitress was not engaging at all, in fact came across as quite sharp. We had an American guest with us so this was quite embarrassing as service is usually good in the USA. Food was very average and overpriced. Not impressed.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014This is the second time I have eaten at Millsys. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our meals were amazing and we will definitely be back very soon. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but v.loudLaureliahDined on 25/4/2014We ate on a friday at 8pm. When we first arrived we were one of maybe 6 couples and it was already impossible to have a decent conversation without shouting. A birthday group arrived around 8.30pm and we decided to leave straight after our meal due to noise levels. The food, however, was delicious. We had the tomato and chorizo risotto and pappardelle followed by cheesecake. Was well worth the visit and the price was extremely good value. We paid (without any deals) under £60 for the meals, a bottle of Beaujolais and two cocktails. We shall be revisiting the restaurant at a hopefully less busy time to see if the noise levels are more acceptable.Special Features:
- Good Friday family mealElaine63Dined on 18/4/2014Had a lovely evening meal on the early bird menu for 6 people . Food was lovely . Lovely start to the Easter holiday . Good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great evening, butrosiepieDined on 5/4/2014We had a great evening, but the only gripe was the volume of other diners due to the open ceiling. It was really very noisy as a couple of large groups were dining so you had to talk loudly to have a conversation, which wasnt ideal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceThe1dinerDined on 29/3/2014Could not fault the service and value for moeny on the early bird deal. Food was nice and hot.Special Features:
- excellent food service fairmaxibDined on 29/3/2014went to Millseys for Birthday lunch with some girlfriends. I visit this local venue a lot and always have a lovely meal and enjoy it and have recommmend many others to go . On saturday enjoyed the food however the service was very slow, the staff not available most of the time in the upstairs resteraunt and had to we had wait or try and find staff to serve lets say staff not as attentive as I would have expected. Staff however were always freindly . Food excellent especially the sharing boardsSpecial Features:
- EnjoyableKayfensomeDined on 7/3/2014Really tasty food, great atmosphere and brilliant services. Good deal with the early bird before 7pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and lacks atmosphereEmmieloubDined on 1/3/2014Quite expensive for average food. Drinks very expensive chose not to drink alcohol!! Atmosphere was very loud very difficult to relax and enjoy time in there. Unable to hear our conversation had to shout!! Unlikely to go back there again which is a shame as have there for breakfast on numerous occasions and enjoyed it
- Night outBagpussDined on 22/2/2014Lovely evening, food was good as was the service, it would be nice though if they could leave a jug of water and ice on the table rather than us keep having to ask for a top up of our small water glasses. But other than that, great service an good food.Special Features:
- Early bird valueRoseDined on 21/2/2014When you go out with friends, it can be hard to find a restaurant to suit all budgets and taste. For me & my friends, Millsy's has it all. There early bird offer is great value and after dinner we can either sit at one of the booths or go downstairs for drinks and music. All in all, a great offer in a great venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andElaineDined on 15/2/2014The food was excellent and the young ladies serving were very efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- ValentineLuv2dineDined on 14/2/2014Excellent place, service was fantastic ,staff very welcoming and nothing was to much trouble. No waiting for our table. Will certainly recommend it to people. Food was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyCouplesDined on 14/2/2014Me and my partner came on Valentines day to spent our dinner date there. Lovely atmosphere, amaing food, service quick and helpful and polite. Amazing time. Defenitly recommend it to for some romance and special occations :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fantastic romantic meal! <3MvbMabDined on 14/2/2014What a perfect evening! I took my girlfriend here for Valentines day and it was a perfect evening. We usually would come to Millsys on a night out and have drinks in the bar, but it's the first time we have eaten here. The service and the food was excellent it was a set 4 course dinner for Valentines day. We shall definitely be dinning here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedLittlemissshinyDined on 9/2/2014Went to the restaurant for a nice start to the day for breakfast. The food was mediocre and the service was very slow even though only two tables were occupied. Had to ask for sugar for my husband's tea and butter for our toast (which was so hard I had to use the teapot to thaw it!!). The whole meal was lukewarm and had clearly not been cooked to order. Breakfast for two came to £14.75. Price is never an option when we choose somewhere to eat but I would have liked to have been able to enjoy my breakfast. Would not recommend. The Stadium Cafe, near The Ricoh does a great breakfast. The best breakfast we have ever had is at The Regency Cafe, Pimlico.
- sat 25th Janstef1Dined on 25/1/2014Food for 2 of us not brilliant but for the other 2 very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food, good choice.kennycatDined on 17/1/2014I had a meal with seven friends one Friday evening. The restaurant was quite busy so the atmosphere was good. The menu had a really good range of food suitable for everyone in the group and any changes to meals were dealt with easily. (eg polenta chips changed to ordinary chips etc). The chocolate brownie was amazing, though huge, so I took some home! I usually love the food here and today was no different - well done and thanks to the kitchen staff. Most of the waiting staff were really friendly and seemed like they were keen to help.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningBryson1412Dined on 11/1/2014Great service, great food and a great atmosphere. Really enjoyed the evening. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies that LunchSWSPDined on 11/1/2014We had a great lunch. Very good choice, shared starter platter and then a main each. Vegetarian options were delicious. Service was friendly and prompt. Good value for 4 people, inlcuding drinks :)Special Features:
- Nice food and decor...SB1977Dined on 6/1/2014Service was questionable as we were told in an abrupt manner that if you want pudding order now as chef wants to go home.
- Outstanding food againLeccyLDined on 3/1/2014Dined her for my husbands birthday with friends on Friday evening, we all had outstanding food, I am yet to order something I have not been impressed by. Service staff were very helpful and polite, service was a little slow but they did have a large party in and service staff came to apologise for the wait so that was fine.Special Features:
- Eating in CoventrynoelcovDined on 23/12/2013Millsys is a clean cut nice bar/restaurant with good quality nice foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Christmas reunion mealvampvisionDined on 18/12/2013A group of us who worked together 10 years ago got together for a Christmas meal at Millsy's. The food and service was excellent in spite of us having 2 unplanned extras and it being very busy. We were very happy customers.Special Features:
- It's great to have somewheremaxthedaneDined on 15/12/2013It's great to have somewhere nice to eat at in Coventry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe not for a christmas do again1dontwantanicknameDined on 14/12/2013Disappointed. Canapes were hard and tasted as though they had been standing around all day. The menu says fishcakeS - it should say fishcake! Its also says poached pearS - should be pear! It also says pigs in blankets - they were invisable on our plates. Not many roast poatoes. Food that we had was nice, but not a good as the previous years - due to the amount.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!AnnetteDined on 10/12/2013I arranged a Christmas night out for a group of 8 friends and we had a great time at Millsys. The Christmas menu had something for everyone and rather than a slab of rather dry Turkey that is sometimes served for group diners our food was excellent. The service, as always, was excellent and the waitresses were attentive without being intrusive. I would definitely recommend Millsys for anything from Brunch (they do a great bacon and egg sarnie) to an evening meal or just a drink.Special Features:
- will definitely do againearlsdonitesDined on 8/12/2013Usually eat downstairs-Millsys is very local to us. Used restaurant for a treat.5 of us-friends. Service spot on-friendly but not claustrophobic. Vegetarian wellington amazing. Huge portion but forced myself to eat it all ! Fantastic value for money. Olives and foccacia bread starter delicious. Was told the roast was great. Only complaint-the christmas pudding portion was minute! My husband was very disappointed. Mentioned it to the waitress. She mentioned it to the chef who then sent out a much bigger portion-thank you. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal with good atmospheredinerDined on 6/12/2013Had a lovely Christmas meal with friends, there was a good atmosphere due to all the Christmas parties in there. The service was ok but could've been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friends out to eateatingoutDined on 27/11/2013Millsy's is a good place to meet and catch up with friends and have a chat and meal in comfort.The meals on offer give a wide selection for all tastes and the service is brilliant as the staff are very professional and good humoured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noy impressedbirthdaydinerDined on 20/11/2013I went there to have diner for my birthday with a friend. We had good time but overall I was not impressed with the service - it was quite impersonal, the food was below my expectations and everything was quite overpriced,.
- Very good!EFC1878Dined on 16/11/2013Great food & service. Had the early bird option which provided superb value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice atmosphere good foodRennoDined on 10/11/2013A nice atmosphere good food and good service gave a memorable experience would go again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceBryson1412Dined on 9/11/2013Excellent choice of food in a really nice environment. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKp94Dined on 8/11/2013Had my mums birthday meal there and could not ask for more they went up and above the service duty and did everything to a high standard. Food was amazing . I could not fault the experience and would defiantly go again.Special Features:
- Excellent!LizzeeDDined on 19/10/2013Another excellent meal with good food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.