Mint Leaf Lounge
12 Angel Court, Lothbury, Bank
London, EC2R 7HBNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £41 and over
Mint Leaf Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mintleaflounge.com/
- Phone: 02076000992x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar food available all day from 12:00pm to 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Rajinder Pandey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We can organize bespoke Entertainment for your events!
A word from Mint Leaf Lounge
The perfect play ground for elegant and sophisticated social gathering: the fine cuisine and drinks: all served to you with finesse.Continued
Come and experience attentive and courteous service!
Come and experience attentive and courteous service!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mint Leaf Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since 22 October 2013
business meals (79)good vegetarian options (28)special occasions (28)fit for foodies (23)group bookings (22)romance (11)outstanding value (9)pre/post theatre (8)brunch (3)sunday lunch (2)afternoon tea (1)disabled access (1)child friendly (1)Show More
- fantastic restaurantshellDined on 17/10/2014Really enjoyed Mint leaf lounge. The staff were super friendly and helpful which is unusual for London in my experience. The food was gorgeous the cocktails also and the bar guy was very keen to please and tailor make us a nice cocktail really nice nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Bar and DiningFoodie2shoesDined on 17/10/2014Went on Friday with a group - fantastic Bar and service-lovely atmosphere! Food was delicious although portions could've been slightly bigger but flavours were amazing. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business dinnerNAIckenhamDined on 1/10/2014Very attentive service and excellent food. They do a mid-size range of dishes which makes sense if you want to do the food to a high standard, which is is. Not to spicy, not too sweet, perfectly cooked. Glad I didn't pay for it, it's not cheap, but a great location for an excellent business meal.Special Features:
- EBC4EBC4Dined on 26/9/2014................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Wonderful Indian foodSSN87Dined on 17/9/2014I have been to quite a few Indian restaurants in London, and this one ranks near the very top of the list. The food is exceptionally good, with special mentions for the Chicken Tikka Masala, the black daal and the mango dessert (I forget the name).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatDined on 21/8/2014The open table deal was good for £15.00. The food was excellent as always and you get just the right amount for lunch.
- 2nd time this monthKevjamDined on 8/8/2014Once again a great lunch with fantastic food. Perfect venue for business with a large seating area away from the bar to sit and talk before going to the table. A bit on the pricey side but food and venue are worth it.Special Features:
- Generous set menuLovedUpDined on 31/7/2014The 4 course + prosecco/bellini set menu was really tasty and the portions were generous. The bar area looked like the kind of place where you could happily enjoy a few cocktails and there was a good choice of wines by the glass. Good veggie options too.Special Features:
- WOWBBoxDined on 29/7/2014Simply Fantastic, food was amazing, top quality, will definitely be back soonSpecial Features:
- Great food, but rather noisySusanDined on 16/7/2014We booked the special offer (2 courses for £16), which the staff seemed unaware of, but were able to produce the right menu when prompted. The food was delicious and - at the offer price - very good value. The one element which disappointed was that the restaurant is attached to a very noisy bar - not the place to go for a romantic dinner! But otherwise, a very tasty meal at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jillDined on 7/7/2014Been to this restaurant on a few occassions both business and social and it never fails to please - its one of the few restuarants in London that I always look forward to going to!! welll done and thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hellbellDined on 4/7/2014i find the everyone was friendly and polite, good customer service, even the Chef came over to see we are ok. The food was fantastic and well marineted and cook to a beautiful standard. great value for money and i will revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok not great.AshishDined on 30/6/2014A bit too bland for my taste. Have eaten at better places in LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptous FoodKevjamDined on 30/6/2014My first visit was a hastily arranged lunch which transpired to be an excellent if fortuitous event. Despite being located at the back of a building site there was no negative impact on our enjoyment of the food nor any noise that interrupted our conversation. The food was excellent particularly my scallop starters. Service was attentive but not intrusive and the room has a nice feel to it. A tad on the pricey side but probably to be expected in the heart of the city.Special Features:
- CharlieVIPDined on 27/6/2014Really enjoyed the food. Very tasty and waiters most attentive. Made worthwhile by their special offer. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mint LeafMarkDined on 27/6/2014We arrived early so decided to have a drink at the bar. It was quite busy but we were served quickly and efficiently. We were called to our table at the reservation time. The waitress was very professional and attentive. The food was very nice and well presented. I would recommend the Open Table 3 course deal.Special Features:
- Good food slow drinks service!SleeDined on 25/6/2014Very ambient interior with great food, and friendly service - let down only by the ridiculously slow drinks service ! Don't go here if your thirsty !I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentcalowbeDined on 11/6/2014Superb atmosphere, waiting staff attentive, we weren't pressured to leave the table after two hours and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch venueCantwaittogoagainDined on 5/6/2014I took a client couple to this restaurant on recommendation from another colleague and my clients were very impressed. They thoroughly enjoyed the meal and loved the restaurant too. Excellent & varied menu, good size portions and side dishes sufficient for each of us to share. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterSs01Dined on 30/5/2014We had booked to dine on a Friday night and the restaurant was surprisingly empty. The staff were not very accommodating in offering alternatives to set menu options to cater for restrictive diets. I've been here before for private functions and preferred it those times to this time.
- MediocreSerenityVIPDined on 21/5/2014This restaurant really offered nothing special. There was no ambience, the place was practically empty. The set menu choice was so-so with the usual Asian suspects. Overall I wouldn't rush back or recommend.Special Features:
- Good business lunchSpiceBoyDined on 19/5/2014There aren't many venues in The City that offer a well priced lunch in a venue where you can actually talk and you don't need to book far in advance. Mint Leaf is great for that. Have eaten here many times and will continue to do so...Special Features:
- great barTruthfulTalesDined on 16/5/2014The bar here is great, stylish and buzzy. In the restaurant, we were one of only 3 tables on a Friday night and the atmosphere was distinctly lacking. The food was ok, not fantastic. I prefer Cinnamon Kitchen any day. The service was attentive but the waiter didn't have a clue about the menu. He was unable to recommend any dishes and also forgot one of our side dishes (which he tried to cover up). This place is great for a drink - the cocktails were great - but there are much better Indian restaurants around so I won't be going back for food.
- a delicious tasting menuw4taster1Dined on 13/5/2014and great value for money. lovely set menu options and great service.Special Features:
- Tasty food - slow with our drinksNGLODined on 9/5/2014Set menu option was great - however we ordered a cocktail as soon as we arrived and it took a long time to arrive. We had to chase twice. But everything else was quick and service was friendly. Would definately return. Excellent porn star martinis - shame we had to wait a little while for themSpecial Features:
- Expected a lot more......Jb131Dined on 25/4/2014The good parts.......The ambience is good, it looks quite amazing really. Unfortunately, thats it! We had a set menu. Not trying to be funny but the main tasted of chicken in tomato soup (Chicken Murgh), no substance to it at all. Given other comments on here maybe we just got one of those bad days. Anyway, won't be back.
- Good foodVishnuDined on 24/4/2014Decent Indian food in a very good setting. It can be better with more bread on offer with the mains on offer on the set menu.Special Features:
- Gourmet Indian dishesAlanaWokingVIPDined on 23/4/2014First rate service and ambience was pleasant though location a bit tricky, tucked away. Menu is lovely and happy hour cocktails made it a good early evening option for value. Starters can work as tapas so you could order selection to get a really great sharing option for 3 or 4 and miss the main altogether if you wished, and all food was beautifully presented. Thoroughly recommend especially for those discerning spicy preference.Special Features:
- Posh curryColinDined on 15/4/2014Mint Leaf serves top nottch curry type dishes. It's not cheap but it's a step above the average and generally worth it. The bar is good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Indian food, gorgeous roomAyeshaVIPDined on 11/4/2014The service can be a little slow but the food and setting is worth it. Great range of choices that are well prepared and have a twist. Great place for client lunches but also for a romantic dinner for twoSpecial Features:
- Good set menuDrFHDined on 8/4/2014I went here after hideous exams with a friend and really enjoyed it. The starters were lovely. Would've liked to see more fish or veg options in mains. Service a bit rushed but everyone was nice. My friend and I liked it very muchSpecial Features:
- Very expensive and averageGoffyDined on 31/3/2014I went for a 'business lunch' but was paying out of my own pocket. 3 of us sat down to enjoy the £15, 2 course City lunch. The service was questionable (when did it become the norm to be served by 4 different people?). The food was OK nothing special and the chicken curry was VERY rich. Drinks were strange - the first ever indian that didnt have beer on tap - so for £4 quid you enjoyed a half filled pint glass of cobra from a little bottle... The real shocker came with the bill - even though we had opted for the fixed priced menu, ordered popadoms a couple of beers and lemonades and a side - the bill came close to £100 quid with service. I will never visit again.Special Features:
- Great curryfalvenaVIPDined on 26/3/2014Had the 2 course deal, portions were a good size and the paneer starter and chicken currey were wonderful. We had a server and another gentleman asking us the same questions twice over so it was a bit intrusive and irritating. Wine prices aren't as competitive as other establishments. Cocktails are standard London prices out of the happy hour but really not worth it as I have never seen such small cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- board meetingfoodsmilesDined on 21/3/2014everyone enjoyed the great food and good ambiance we resolved many tricky issues and left after four hours of discussion relaxed and happy thanks for making it comfirtable and welcoming whilst we delved into our business agendaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okhungryDined on 13/3/2014Went on deal, easily ate 3 courses as the portions are quite small. Reasonably tasty food not bad value the offer
- Couples WeekendLouisDined on 7/3/2014Recently my girlfriend and I were staying in London over the weekend and decided to come here for a nice meal. We knew it was different but was unsure. Getting there I was inspired by the cocktails, friendly staff and different take on what i think of as indian food. Highly recommended and will go again!Special Features:
- Mint Leaf Lounge City LunchWRLGVIPDined on 3/3/2014We had the £14.95 lunch deal. Food was good - Mutter Paneer tasty, well presented. Naan bread fresh and warm. The space is large and at lunchtime was quiet. All clientele (except me and my friends) were business men (not surprising giving the location near Bank). My friend asked if she could switch her rice or bread option for a small side salad and was told flatly "no". That didn't impress us... not because she couldn't switch (its a set menu), but because the option to order a salad alongside ought to have been offered. The tone of the waiter was along the lines of "I'm here to serve you a set menu, and I'm not even going to think about what you actually want, or what would make you enjoy your meal here more" which was a shame.Special Features:
- Cannot fault anything fromInteractiveDined on 27/2/2014Cannot fault anything from service to the quality of food served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent as usual. SuitlondontasteDined on 27/2/2014Food excellent as usual. Suit brigade at lunchtime. Decent discount from taste cardSpecial Features:
- As usual the food was excellent.lovetoeatDined on 27/2/2014As usual the food was excellent. With top table it's very good value for a good lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.