64 Parkway Camden
London, NW1 7AHNeighbourhood:
IndianPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.namaastekitchen.co.uk/
- Phone: 02074855977
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, 5:30pm - 11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm, 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Executive Chef: Sabir Karim
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
We Cater for outdoor Events, Weddings, Birthdays.
Live Music and Wine Tasting Events
A word from Namaaste Kitchen
Namaaste Kitchen is an award winning & critically-acclaimed modern Indian bar & grill in the heart of London’s buzzing Camden Town & trendy Primrose Hill, a stunning discovery from Chef-Patron Sabbir Karim, also owns Salaam Namaste “The Bloomsbury Favourite” and chosen by Evening Standard Critics Fay Maschler as a ‘Critic’s Choice’ in ES Magazine. Specialises in modern & healthy Indian cooking using only the finest spices & seasonal produce, that boasts style, ambience and hospitality. Prepared in the restaurant’s spectacular show kitchen in full view of diners, with two fantastic ‘chefs’ tables’, seating a maximum of eight persons, flank the grill area. Since opening in 2010, it has established itself as one of the best Indian restaurants in London and has received glowing reviews in The Telegraph & The Guardian, as well as winner of “The Best Asian & Oriental Chef Of The Year” & “The Best Newcomer 2012” at prestigious FOBC The Asian Curry AwardsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
Namaaste Kitchen - Best restaurants in Camden Town ›
Namaaste Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since 23 October 2013
fit for foodies (21)good vegetarian options (20)group bookings (18)special occasions (18)business meals (15)romance (15)outstanding value (11)child friendly (7)sunday lunch (6)pre/post theatre (6)brunch (2)disabled access (2)Show More
- SuperbPibblesDined on 14/10/2014What a great Indian restaurant. I love Indian food and indeed India, we go there every year for our holidays and so are very au fait with the food. I went here for dinner with my business partner and we both thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This restaurant is clean, friendly, well priced, has attentive service and, importantly, they have a great menu.Special Features:
- Great food, mediocre serviceOd1outDined on 2/10/2014The food was great, had the mushroom starter which was lovely, as was the paneer main. However the waiting staff seemed rushed. The 30% off deal only applied if each person ordered both a starter and main and we just weren't that hungry. When asked why this was the case as it didnt say this when we booked, the waiter replied 'that's just how it is' which i felt was quite rude. Otherwise i'd recommend going here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daviephiVIPDined on 9/9/2014the menu was different, I had ox tail rogan Josh which was a bit chewy, started of venison was good. Overall not bad but I have had better but wil be back to try again
- Excellent curry - a cut aboveTimFDined on 31/8/2014My wife, a relatively recent convert to all things curry, keeps wanting to come back here for special dinners. It's very relaxed but the food is light and delicious, and caters to her vegetarian and mild requirements. Yet another very enjoyable dinner.
- Great food and lovely staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Its the best Indian restaurant I have been to in a long time. The food was extremely tasty and very nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian In CamdenLuvFoodDined on 6/8/2014We just wanted to be away from the west end but close enough to be in town. So went with a colleague for a business lunch at this award winning Indian restaurant after reading several reviews. The setting of the restaurant is clean, modern & stylish with live grill area, chefs cooking those kebabs and roomali rotis. The menu had a very good selection of dishes to chose from at reasonable priced. We tried few starters to share, Gilafi Reshmi kebab, very tasty, well marinated mince chicken Kabab layered with chopped peppers. For main course the Goan Sea bass was a good choice, very well flavoured but not heavy. The service was attentive and prompt. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodCompDined on 2/8/2014i really enjoyed the tasting menu which I had but found that the main dish was too big and therefore left me feeling uncomfortably full. My fellow diner also said the same. Food was really nice and the drinks well matched to go with each course. lovely meal but main portion should be reduced slightly. Thank you so much though it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- great Indian foodhispanoperuanoDined on 1/8/2014Fantastic Indian food. Best in Camden Town and surroundings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not goodeatiingoutDined on 30/7/2014Whilst eating here, I was reminded of the quote from "The Thick of It" when a politician was described as 'insipid as the house wine in a subarban Indian restaurant'. Unfortunately, whilst the wine was pretty insipid the food was not quite that good. More bones than meat in mine. Our other meal looked like a Tesco's microwave meal and tasted the same. Although its very generic, just go to Masala Zone up the road - at least you can guarentee the food will be average there.
- The best Indian food in London!!!FrankDined on 27/7/2014We were 6 People and went through a wide variety of dishes. Everything was perfect made and we were all very happy!! The service was also outstanding!! We will certainly come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Indian, good but overpricedloreleypvDined on 26/7/2014The food was good and the ambience was very modern and elegant, service was also very good, but overall, I had better Indian food elsewhere and for half of the price...
- Just GreatphGastromanVIPDined on 3/7/2014Fantastic cooking , packed out , must book , the tandoori oven produces some of the best food in London , will return 100%Special Features:
- Poor service and overchargedEdinpommeDined on 3/7/2014Overcharged for drinks (a fruit juice is NOT a non-alcoholic cocktail), & food in that the restaurant did not wish to allow 30% off food, just 30% off some of the food. Meal took 90 mins to arrive, & our "quick Indian dinner" therefore took 3 1/2 hours. Food was tasty, so thanks to the chef, but evening marred by hassle. The restaurant did eventually agree to the correct price for the drinks & the 30%, but we advise others yo check their bill carefully.
- good presentationdelishVIPDined on 26/5/2014pleasant restaurant in Camden Town with good presentation of a range of classic and contemporary Indian cuisine. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambience, varying foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The starter was beautifull. Unfortunately I ordered crab as my main meal. it looked like a picture while beying served. The crabmeat was mixed with other stuff. Unforunately there were a lot of little pieces shell in every bite I took. Making it almost impossible to eat and enjoy... When we finished dinner they were fond on getting us out of the door so they could seat the next custumor. We loved the ambience and would have liked to enjoy a second cup of cofee after dinner.Special Features:
- Good Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014We tried the tasting menu and we were pleased with the variety of dishes on the menu. Good food at a good price
- Indian in CamdenMarc76Dined on 26/4/2014wandering around camden (with wife and 2 friends) trying to find a restaraunt, checked opentable and came up with this place. Very nice food, very good value and staff were friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly SpicedphGastromanVIPDined on 18/4/2014Great Indian food and with some nice additions to their latest menu Namaaste is without doubt one of the best Indian restaurant in North London if not the capital itself A must on anyone's list of places to eat before you die !!!Special Features:
- Namaaste KitchenKaySmithDined on 17/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the tasting menu. The food was served in a timely manner, service was very good and our request for a booth table was met in a welcoming manner. Definitely worth visiting.Special Features:
- Nice lunch - friendly service.theatregoerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Nice lunch - friendly service. With the TT lunch special, a great deal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Averagepicky1Dined on 5/4/2014We got a nice table as requested. Service was attentive however it was quite hot inside and air con even when on didn't make the for us. Food was average, my grilled fish was to dry even though served with some curry sauce. Nicely presented starters, but only lemon chicken started was a highlight for me. We have ordered from special offer menu and I was surprised when found out that they charge extra 3GBP for if seafood of fish chosen for main. I won't get back there too quickly..Special Features:
- Great food and very friendlyPeteDined on 4/4/2014Great food and very friendly service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dear God, that's tastyDofVDined on 30/3/2014Definitely some of the best Indian/Thai fusion I've eaten - I'll definitely go back, and definitely recommend! Sit away from the window for the best dining experience - and get a starter!Special Features:
- Great food, very originalCedricBDined on 22/3/2014The food was great, more indian fusion than traditional but that's the real plus of this restaurant. On the down side the service was not very good, our waiter seemed in the mood the whole time and didn't give a single smile.Special Features:
- a gemthe2gracesDined on 19/3/2014The service was outstanding, friendly, professional and inviting. The food exquisit, great offer of choices, tasty, a place where you can experience a cullinary delight. Highly recommendable if you are looking for an indian delight out of the common usual menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic selection of GF optionsPollyLDined on 14/3/2014It was wonderful to have so many delicious GF options and service was incredibly attentive. We had three courses and every single one was unique and perfectly balanced.Special Features:
- Small tables!KingDined on 27/2/2014Went there for dinner and staff were friendly and welcoming. The restaurant was pretty quiet for a Thursday evening which we didn't mind. We booked via top table for the deal. The splendid menu didn't have many choices and food was ok at best. Service was prompt however the tables are very small and you can just about fit everything on the table. The layout was also slightly cramped. In summary I would say service was good, food was ok. Would I dine there again? I doubt it very much.
- Excellent cut above curryTimFDined on 14/2/2014Very enjoyable, quality, tasty, different "curry". None of your nouveau Tamarind or Benares stuff. Just excellent, light, flavoursome "cut above the norm" curry. Wife, a relatively recent convert, absolutely loves the food, and asked to go there for Valentine's Day! Best bit? Cobra on draught.
- Good food spoilt by seatingMAK2VIPDined on 14/2/2014Went on Valentines day. The food was delicious but our evening was spoilt because we had to sit by the hot grill and fumes and the constantly opening and shutting kitchen door. NOT romantic - not even pleasant. (We asked to move but were told the other tables were reserved. I booked a week before and discussed the reservation in person so I think table availability could have been mentioned)
- Unusual dishesMAK2VIPDined on 12/2/2014Some unusual dishes, beautifully spiced with little oil. Delicious
- Booked a last minute tablehonestfoodloverDined on 26/1/2014Booked a last minute table here for late Birthday dinner as original plans had changed. Staff were extremely welcoming and pleasant. It was quite empty on arrival which can sometimes be a bad sign but this quickly changed within 30mins of taking seat as more booking arrived. The menu was interesting and there was something available to suit 5 very different and demanding palates with lovely portion sizes. They even put together a nice surprise at the end of meal as I had mentioned it was my birthday. I would definitely return here and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Namaaste KitchenGenoDined on 24/1/2014Myself & 4 friends visited Namaaste on a busy Friday night before a film. Booked for 7.30pm and I arrived 5 mins early where I was given the menus. I asked for some tap water to start. None came. Two friends then arrived, we ordered drinks I asked for tap water again. Poppadoms were offered but never came. The fourth person arrived, ordered their drink and food, I asked for the water again and the poppadoms were offered but still didn't come. Our 5th guest was very late arriving after 8.30pm, the restaurant wanted the spare table for two which we had offered but they didn't use. The food was very good, we had samosas, behlpoori and onion bhajis to start. I had a green curry which was delicious. Good, but they need to sort out their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very slick restaurant.iceburginDined on 22/1/2014The restaurant is well laid out , with good lighting set at just the right level and very comfortable seating. The staff are friendly , but not over friendly and very professional. The food was very good, but not exceptional. I had the Dorset crab which was presented whole in a lovely sauce. My partner had the Gurda Keema Taka Tak, a Pakistan roadside dish. They said it was very nice and deceptively filling !. Very good attention to detail, providing finger bowls and hot towels(instead of all those ghastly wipes). It is a bit on the pricey side, so it's not one i would recommend regularly, but more for special occasions even with the "Splendid" menu discount. But a fine experience nonetheless , and worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent more refined "curry"TimFDined on 22/1/2014Have enjoyed "curries" all over the country - Manchester, Preston, Inverness, London - Namaaste Kitchen is up there with the best of them. Not in the Michelin category but well above your average High Street curry house. Interesting dishes, very well cooked and presented. Light and very flavoursome. Will be going back soon!
- Had a good nightpedaloDined on 10/1/2014A pal and I were keen to try an Indian restaurant with a bit of a twist and Namaaste proved to be a solid choice. Some very tasty dishes. We mainly had grilled meats and a few sides, but all were pretty good. Spinach and paneer was a highlight. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New YearlilgDined on 31/12/2013Great value set menu. Presented beautifully. Great veggie options.
- INDIAN DELIGHTIVLAVIPDined on 12/12/2013Great TT offer at Kitchen Namaaste which is a cut above the average IndianI would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting food and good valueKes1Dined on 6/12/2013This was the second time this year that we have been to Naamaste and again were very happy with the quality of the food and service. The drinks are reasonably priced and I am sure that we will be back to eat here when next in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty NamaasteLobster69Dined on 2/12/2013Went early evening prior to a show. Had the Kadhai Seared Scallops & Wild Rabbit Achari. Enjoyed both Immensely. Staff attentive and knew their stuff. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brick lane no morefionaDined on 19/11/2013oncev you have tasted the food at either of the namaaste restaurants, standard Indian restaurants suddenly become dull in comparison. exemplary service combines with exemplary food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.