Nobles Restaurant - East Sussex
17 High Street
Battle, TN33 0AENeighborhood:
BritishPrice: £26 to £40
Nobles Restaurant - East Sussex
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.noblesrestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 01424 774422x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12.00pm - 2.30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9.15pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, British
- Executive Chef: Paul Noble
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bespoke dining options available with Nobles Catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private function available to hire.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Noble 01424 774422x
- Special Events: £15.00 2 course set menu (not available Saturday Evenings)
A word from Nobles Restaurant - East Sussex
Nobles Restaurant has been created to offer our customers a modern dining experience using fresh, seasonal & local produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambience
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Nobles Restaurant - East Sussex - Best restaurants in Battle ›
Nobles Restaurant - East Sussex reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since 20 May 2014
special occasions (34)fit for foodies (29)romance (19)good vegetarian options (18)business meals (14)sunday lunch (9)group bookings (7)outstanding value (7)child friendly (5)outdoor eating (4)brunch (3)afternoon tea (2)disabled access (2)pre/post theatre (1)Show More
- Dining at NoblesGilbunDined on 6/9/2014There is a limited menu choice with some specials, which to me is good news as a huge choice means tired food being warmed up. The cod was excellent as was the risotto starter. Nobles represents good value and the staff were friendly and competent and unlike many restaurants they remembered who'd ordered what.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 20/8/2014Lunch with old foodie friends - very good meal had by all - mainly fish of the day (plaice) and one tuna nicoise. Paul in the kitchen, faultless food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchJaneDined on 16/8/2014We felt that the place is much more of a cafe than a restaurant. The lunch menu had reasonable choice, however small portions and very expensive additions of chicken and bacon to complement basic Caesar and Waldorf saladsSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDeliciousDined on 15/8/2014We had a girlie supper out. The menu had lovely and had different choices. The service was excellent and the staff were kind and helpful. They were happy with all our questions and prepared our meals to suit our needs! It was the best meal I have had out in a long time.Special Features:
- Fabulous food!LGFoodLoversDined on 13/8/2014Will definately return for food & attentive service. Only minor niggle was decor & music not "modern" would have personally liked chill-out modern background music & decor updating but might not get a table when we want as we are local, so maybe better leave as it is!I would recommend this to a friend.
- lourichDined on 9/8/2014Excellent greeting from staff on entering the restaurant, superb food, lovely atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Saturday lunchMattnMelDined on 2/8/2014My partner and I went to Nobles for a Saturday lunch treat and it was well worth the visit. Booked online through Toptable earlier in the day and were greeted when we arrived by a waitress who offered us a choice of tables inside or out. The menu was short and very clearly presented with a couple of specials of the day explained by the waitress. The wine menu was broad and also very reasonably priced with several different bottles very similarly priced so we didn't feel restricted by the prices. The dishes were cleanly presented with minimum fuss. Three courses for two people from the a la carte menu, a pair of cocktails to start, a bottle of wine and a service charge for less than £100 is great value. We look forward to returningSpecial Features:
- Excellent lunchpinzonDined on 25/7/2014My wife and I with two family members from New York had lunch at Nobles. Everybody enjoyed their food, it was good quality and very well cooked and presented. We can certainly recommend it and we will be returning.Special Features:
- A really must try!!1wholuvsfoodDined on 18/7/2014Fantastic food- a really lovely restaurant - staff very friendly. We would fully recommend having an evening meal at this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014A lovely restaurant! Excellent food and wine with friendly unobtrusive service. Will definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReTyredgroupDined on 11/7/2014A very pleasant meal, served by a very bubbly and personable lady. Picked out meal off the web site menu, only to find the menu had been changed several times that week. I had the crab risotto, starter followed by cod with cabbage and new potatoes/ bubble and squeak, the cod could have been a larger portion. The fruit pancetta was delicious. A nice touch were the non alcoholic cocktails. Overall a very enjoyable luncheon, which could have been purchased at most decent restaurant's The main draw back - there is no parking. For persons with disabilities it is a long arduous walk, from the car parks. If the weather is inclement guests still have to walk a distance in the rain..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 21/6/2014We were visiting the area and this restaurant was on a list given to us by our hotel. We reviewed the menu on line and booked by the same method. The food was very good in taste and value. The atmosphere was pleasant and the staff friendly . I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long-overdue pleasure.silkydadDined on 10/6/2014Finally experienced dinner here after having meant to for ages. What an absolute pleasure!!! Excellent food and service. Loved it! My new favourite restaurant. Although it's an 80 mile round trip, I'm already thinking who to invite on my next visit there. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant modern dining experienceGrandeaterDined on 7/6/2014A bright modern restaurant with a welcoming atmosphere. Staff were attentive and pleasant. My blue crab risotto starter was tasty but warm rather than hot. My wife chose the tempura battered fish which she said was delicious. For mains I chose the lamb which was certainly hot but there was as much fat as meat on the slices although it was tender and tasty enough. My wife had the chicken breast and stuffed leg which she enjoyed very much. She passed on dessert but I had the coffee parfait which was excellent. All in all a pleasant dining experience. I would recommend it but would personally not rush back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nobles first time eating hereFirstTimers1Dined on 22/5/2014Very welcoming front of house - food flavours higher end than the norm. Vast wine list. Menu slightly limited but have a daily local special where poss. Liked the fact that they source local produce. We had the Chateaubriand although very good (a bit pricey) though you did get a lot of meat. Homemade chips could have been crispier. I had a delightful parfait and hubby had an exceptional amaretto coffee. Overall very happy with Nobles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- T60PDined on 21/5/2014Perfect for anyone who prefers a select (rather than extensive) menu, with dishes beautifully prepared from high quality ingredients and well presented. The coffee and praline parfait was superb. A friendly welcome and excellent service. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 17/5/2014Lovely evening meal at Nobles, attentive staff, all very pleasant and tasty
- Lunch @ NoblesBexhilldiners14Dined on 8/5/2014We won this meal in a raffle - 3 course lunch. We went mid-week and had one of the best meals ever. The service was warm and unstuffy and the choices on the set menu different from the average restaurant. And it didn't disappoint on flavour and presentation. We are looking for an opportunity to return with friends. Another thing we appreciated was that the tables were spaciously arranged - on a busy evening you would still feel comfortably separate from other diners.Special Features:
- good food no atmospherecloudmonkeyDined on 2/5/2014The food was amazing but the restaurant lacked atmosphere, the restaurant was so quiet you could hear the conversions from all the tables. Despite the good food and service I won't be eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely foodRolandDined on 15/4/2014This is the 4th time I've been to Nobles and the food has never disappointed. The ambience was not good as there were only 4 people in the restaurant including us. The service was very good. I definitely recommend this restaurant and would go again.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Great meal for two at the end of a week long holiday in Sussex. The mains were particularly yummy with gorgeous flavours and fresh tender meats! And a good selection of wines to go with! My boyfriend particularly enjoyed trying a red dessert wine with his chocolate pud! A great British restaurant!I would recommend this to a friend.
- second visitstaffsDined on 4/4/2014We first visited for lunch which was great, so thought we'd try evening meal with friends. Food fantastic, service - excellent, helpful attentive waitress although due to her apparently being on her own service was a little slow. Good menu, crab risotto fab as was the salmon starter. Cod was amazing and highly recommended. On whole excellent choice of restaurant, highly recommended. A real gem in battle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best eating place in battletopdog123Dined on 15/3/2014the best eating place in battle well worth visting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunch in BattleBroGreboDined on 12/3/2014This eaterie is on the High Street of Battle with plenty of parking nearby. Our welcome was warm and whilst there were few diners the service was excellent. Very pleasant informative waitress. Three of the party had french onion soup from the luncheon menu followed by fish - each cooked to their own preference; battered, panfried or panfried in caper and butter sauce. The fourth person had a risotto for starters and a salad nicoise served with seared tuna to follow. Good selection of ice creams and sorbets especially the Bramley Apple. Excellent selection of cheeses with ample crackers. Not the largest portions but sufficient for lunch. The place is clean - the toilets are immaculate.
- Great food, way over priced.couple2001Dined on 8/3/2014Booked this restaurant as it's near to where we live and because it was a special occasion. I was aware that the venue was on the expensive side however was surprised at how expensive compared to other fine dining establishments. Good food but for what we got I felt a little ripped off. Won't be attending again as believe that their are better restaurants which are just as good and half the price.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchCornwallTravellerDined on 4/3/2014My husband booked a table for lunch to celebrate my birthday. The food was amazing, just right amount for lunchtime and not overpriced. Service was good, would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruined our night outChewbaccaDined on 1/3/20143 chewy sirloin steaks. Water marks on the steak knives. Had to ask for the table to be wiped clean two times. Bread crumbs in the bottom of the not too cold jug full of tap water. They thought they were doing us a favour by not charging us for the 3 chewy steaks. We was told chef agreed & they were extremely chewy. I then ordered a fillet steak & my dining companions had to wait for me. The fillet steak was how ever divine. My point is bad customer relations, we didn't order desserts......that should of been your cue to come over & offer desserts on the house. We'll stick to our usual haunt....the wild mushroom
- Enjoyable First VisitSparkleDined on 1/3/2014I shall definitely return to this pleasant local restaurant. The food was delicious, with interesting menu choices and all round good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm friendly restaurantkevski100Dined on 15/2/2014A restaurant where we were very well looked after. Food was spot on. The only gripe i had was that there werent quite enough vegetables compared to the amount of meat i got. I was left with quite a bit of meat at the end and would of liked a bit more veg but apart from that everything was superb. Would dine here againSpecial Features:
- romantic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 15/2/2014we enjoy our evening very relaxed, lovely staff, and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!DoodleDined on 8/2/2014We come to eat at Nobles every couple months, as a treat, and because we know we are guaranteed a perfect evening, with no surprises. As ever we had a fantastic meal, with excellent, friendly service, great wine and a lovely atmosphere. Thank you Nobles! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for money?twfolkDined on 7/2/2014The starters were excellent, two of the party had the parfait and I had a warm salad of black pudding & chorizo. My wife chose the vegetarian ash coated cheese for her main which was well presented and tasty; our friend had the fillet steak (£6.50 supp) which was cooked as ordered and I chose the sirloin steak from the fixed price menu, a poor choice as it was a minute steak about 80-90 grams only served with 1/2 dozen home made chips and a pepper sauce no other garnish. Overall a tasty meal but my main was pointless and should be removed from the menu or be correctly described. I would visit again but will be wary of my choice. Oh excellent value wines as well!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,atmosphere and Hosts!foodgeekDined on 18/1/2014All I can say is what an amazing experience. Plenty of choice, fresh and well presented without the overpricing. We dined with our friends and were all very satisfied with the quality of service, not only were the hosts very kind and accommodating but the whole atmosphere when you entered were warm and relaxed but with an element of home comfort. We loved it so much we can't wait to return.Special Features:
- I don't like to be critical,ADinerDined on 4/1/2014I don't like to be critical, but if I'm honest, the food was good but not outstanding, and I thought it was expensive for what was served, don't get me wrong, it was ok, and the service was great, its a nice place, but I booked it as there was a 'big sell' on the food / chef etc on the website, and it fell a bit short of my expectations, sorry to say this, I don't like being negative, but the website emailed me asking for a review, and so here it is!
- Well worth tryingSilverSussexfemaleDined on 21/12/2013Went for Sat. night dinner. Restaurant attractively decorated with well-spaced, good-size tables .We had a warm welcome from staff. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. Very varied menu with food attractively presented and full of flavour. The only negative was the level of sound. A group was present who were very loud and made conversation difficult at times. The hard-wood floor amplified this. Would definitely eat there again but at a less busy time/date. Not sure how wheel-chair users would fare - there are steps up to the entrance. Overall, all four of us had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any Enjoyable EveninginvinoveritasDined on 20/12/2013This was our fifth visit to Nobles and we have never been disappointed. Beautifully cooked and presented food, with efficient and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proved the perfect place forMrsNJWDined on 12/12/2013Proved the perfect place for a special family birthday celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Fab meal at NoblessteveEDined on 7/12/2013Quality in terms of food and service is the key word here. Dining out a lot in the South East and London I am easy to please- as Noel Coward said I am always happy with the best! What I like is the firm impression that your meal has been cooked for YOU. The menu never disappoints. Service is always very good and I really hope Nobles can maintain the high standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mid-week lunchgourmandDined on 3/12/2013Our 3 course meal was very good. Smoked mackerel + chicken curry + sticky toffee / syllabub. Perhaps the curry was the most impressive element - not at all your typical curry. Bread and butter provided first of all - à la française.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime mealEastbournebusdriverDined on 23/11/2013Lovely bright interior and wife sat next to radiator on a cold November Saturday. Food was good, service very good and reasonable value. If you want a good meal in Battle you will do an awful lot worseSpecial Features: