21-22 Warwick Street
MediterraneanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nopi-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 02074949584
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 8:00am to 12:00pm
Lunch 12:00pm to 3:00pm
Dinner 5:30pm to 10.30pm
Breakfast 10:00am to 11:30am
Lunch 12:00pm to 5:30pm
Dinner 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Breakfast 10:00am to 12:30pm
Lunch 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Yotam Ottolenghi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Wine
A word from NOPI
NOPI is an all-day dining venue serving a cuisine blend that may be described as contemporary London: bold flavours and colours, broadly based on Mediterranean, Middle-eastern and Asian ingredients, using lots of herbs and spices. NOPI is open for breakfast, lunch, pre-theatre, dinner, and post-theatre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
NOPI - Best restaurants in Soho ›
NOPI reviews from OpenTable diners
1334 reviews since 31 October 2013
good vegetarian options (872)fit for foodies (862)special occasions (586)pre/post theatre (347)brunch (306)romance (305)business meals (293)sunday lunch (222)group bookings (166)outstanding value (108)child friendly (72)afternoon tea (40)outdoor eating (33)disabled access (20)Show More
- outstandingWhitersDined on 28/10/2014Great food with such interesting flavours, though not fussy, just simple. Attentive, but not overpowering service added to the experience. Foodie Oasis!Special Features:
- NOPI - not single person friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 28/10/2014The food was fabulous. I was in London on business and booked at Nopi. I was asked twice if i wanted to dine at the bar as i was on my own, when i declined and asked for a table they sat me near the door. While i never normally feel awkward sitting alone i was made to feel so in this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taking successful chances with foodVirginiaPVIPDined on 27/10/2014NOPI is just awesome - a bold, brave gastronomic enterprise that slaps together flavours that would shock both traditional Europeans and traditional Asians, who need to eat their hat (or their starter) and admit that mustard seeds and burrata are actually a fantastic combination. Even better, however, was the lemon sole with burnt butter, ginger and nori. Possibly the finest sea bass I've ever has, swimming in the saltiest, most delicately golden butter drizzle. An excellent pairing with smokier, earthier grilled rainbow chard. I'm in heaven. Dessert is a clean yet unctuously rich cup of salted caramel and roasted peanut ice cream with chocolate sauce, which could have been warmer for greater contrast. Flavours, however, steal the show.Special Features:
- Expected moreDSW1Dined on 27/10/2014Sorry, but the same (or similar) pre-prepared cold salads as sold in the deli, being ladled onto plates by dining room staff, then delivered to my table, just doesn't seem like much of an experience for a top-notch restaurant. Two of us had the pre-theatre sharing menu; one had a pork chop main (which was very nice) Wine list was pretty pricey. Service was acceptable and unobtrusive. The dining area was well-decorated and modern.Special Features:
- Maybe not for lunch...Yumyum28Dined on 26/10/2014Background: I have been to NOPI before but for dinner and only when it has been for special occasions. It was delicious then but quite pricey for a student so decided to go back for lunch instead. However, this was a bit of a mistake if you like hot food and decide to share with your friends/family. Most of the food was served cold which was quite unexpected- especially as we were not told after asking about the dishes and the fact it is the end of October. Would have thought the menu would reflect the season. I must say the twice cooked baby chicken was still very good- I wouldn't recommended the cauliflower or the aubergine. The cornish potatoes and beetroot were ok.Special Features:
- A really special restaurantLollyDined on 25/10/2014A must for all Ottolenghi food lovers for special occasions. It is not cheap but the food is truly wonderful, fresh and tasty. The restaurant itself as a great atmosphere. Not stuffy but relaxed. I would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Long awaited and not disappointedAberdeenJEBDined on 25/10/2014We have tried to get a table on several occasions when down in London and never been successful until last Saturday. Well worth the wait! One of the party is a vegetarian so extra special to have such a wonderful array of choice which the non veggies enjoyed immensely too.Special Features:
- Excellent food, poor serviceKmcd123Dined on 25/10/2014The food, wine & cocktails were all excellent, but the service was very poor (except for 1 girl). The waiter spilled my drink - he tried to wipe it with his fingers and then I had to ask 3 others before it was cleaned. It was cold in the restaurant, again although we said about this, it wasn't fixed until we were leaving. The staff in general were very unfriendly and unhelpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMaggieDined on 25/10/2014Food is extremely good. Service is nice and not overly solicitous. The ambiance is suitable for both formal and informal occasions.Special Features:
- thamemarilynDined on 23/10/2014Superb in every respect. The ambience, personal service and above all the delicious food made our evening perfect. The fresh produce and creative dishes are absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, colourful, nutritious..NutriquesterDined on 23/10/2014Another delightful dining experience at this foodie paradise. Delicious, colourful, nutritious bites with sensational tastes, all served up by people who clearly love what they do. My requests for wheat and grain free options were met in the most impressive style. Luscious food served with love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifully fresh and deliciousFussyFoodieDined on 22/10/2014While only a small menu the selection available was fantastic with some unusual but very tasty combinations. We opted to share 4 of the small plates so that we could try more things and we were not disappointed. Each dish was delicious and wonderfully fresh. Great options for veggies and the health conscious. They normally bring out the dishes separately but we asked to have them all together and they happily did this for us. I couldn't fault a thing and cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- MehLBeatsDined on 21/10/2014Wouldn't go back. Arrived about 15 minutes early so no problem to wait for table. Reception was nice and they asked us to wait at the stand up bar where we were served olive and nut nibbles (very good). We did, however, have to stand there for over 30 minutes. After we were seated, our server came by. I'm going to assume she was having a bad day because if that attitude was her general demeanor, she has no business in food service. Never smiled, hardly spoken to us, literally dropped dishes on our table and walked away, never refilled our water glasses - it was a bummer. Expensive and average food - rare lamb chops arrived cold and the twice cooked chicken was cold and very dry. Butternut squash was good, though. Disappointed.
- Outstanding restaurant - the best!PeterBradshaw1Dined on 21/10/2014This is a truly outstanding restaurant - wonderful food and wonderful service. Absolutely in the top rankSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative food, tasty side-dishes!GourmetteDined on 20/10/2014The food was fantastic! This was our third visit and everything from the drink (coriander, ginger, martini) to the vegetarian starters, "cheese-cake" with beetroot and almonds, and the two fish-dishes (sea-bass and lemon sole) we had was really really tasty and good. You have too book early and don't miss the ladies room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICEDJohnnycoolDined on 20/10/2014This was my second visit. The original visit was better. Problem is the price. Far too expensive for what you get. I've been (and still am) a fan of Ottolenghi. The atmosphere is all right. No buzz. Feels very worthy. Fabulous loo btw. I am sorry to say that I will not be going again.Special Features:
- Less than overwhelmingearl60Dined on 20/10/2014We were expecting a "meal for the ages" which unfortunately, we didn't get. Everything was fine, some dishes better than the others (particularly the fish and cheese dishes), but overall, I can't say we were overwhelmed. It was good without being memorable.Special Features:
- Simple, fuss free and good foodtweylinDined on 20/10/2014A good place to have an easy meal with friends and colleagues. Good and innovative food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch venuemorskiDined on 20/10/2014The first restaurant I've ever been to where there was a special dairy free menu, which was great for my friend. Food was delicious. Service was great - they even rang us after our meal to tell us we had left a bag behind. I will definitely go back (without my dairy free friend this time!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch at NopiGloriasfoodDined on 19/10/2014Perfect fine dining experience. The menu is a great example of food combining at its best and the plates leave a light refreshing taste on the palate. Excellent cocktails- would definately go back but is a little extravagant to be our 'local' go to restaurant. Excellent service- we were pushed for time and managed to pack all in in an hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food ...FoodieFriend73Dined on 18/10/2014Amazing food, ambience great, the one thing that would have made it 5 starts would have been consistent service. Started well but at the end of the meal it felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nopi-tasticJohnnyBDined on 18/10/2014Wonderful healthy salads full of interesting flavour combinations + melt-in-the-mouth onglet - all washed down with a delicious Portuguese white. And I didn't even mention dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingliv2eatDined on 17/10/2014I'd been looking forward to trying Ottolenghi's restaurant Nopi for sometime. Although the food lived up to expectations - it was just delicious and the flavours magnificent, I found the service incredibly poor and amateur. We arrived 10 minutes late for our booking (but phoned through to advise and apologise) and were met with the haughty attitude of the restaurant host who was deliberating cancelling our table (which they kept reminding us of) and had our two cocktails spilt/dropped on arrival - over the starters we'd ordered (it was of course all replaced but still made for an incredibly poor impression). The clumsiness continued until the end of the evening when we were given somebody else's coats and belongings. Won't recommend!Special Features:
- Chrys247Dined on 17/10/2014Best chef ever .. Vegetables dishes were amazing ... And desserts ...just speachlessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, great restaurantitzanowskiDined on 12/10/2014Me and a friend went to NOPI to have brunch on a Sunday. I liked the interior design very much - fancy but not too fancy to make you feel uncomfortable. The food was very good (we had poached egg with mushrooms and scrambled eggs with salmon). The service was great and the waiter really nice - it had been a long night for us and we were still a bit tired, but the waiter managed to cheer us up and was very funny without being annoying or indiscreet. The only negative point was the size of the coffee - not really enough to wake you up in the morning. But caramel ice cream with peanuts and hot fudge sauce and a nice glass of wine made up for that. Overall a really pleasant experience and definitely a recommendable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodMonkeyPieDined on 11/10/2014The food was truly stunning. Lots of options, we chose the sharing plates so we could try as many different dishes as we could eat. WonderfulSpecial Features:
- OutstandingSamsunplattyDined on 11/10/2014Nopi is fabulous. Exquisite cuisine, charming service and wonderful ambience. Such a treatSpecial Features:
- DisappointedKnowsomethingaboutfoodDined on 11/10/2014Was looking forward to this dinner. Food was definitely not made to order. Cold vegetables were one note flavours. Beef and seafood sharing plates- over cooked . Was so looking forward to ottolenghi cuisine. It was mediocre and best. Service was poor. When shared plates are just waiting around in the kitchen and then pretty much flung at you....couldn't wait to get out of there.
- It was nice but a bit overpricedlauraDined on 11/10/2014The food at Nopi was quite nice and tasty, simple Mediterranean cuisine. However, it's a bit overpriced for what it is... Also, the quantity of food is not really enough. The ambience of the restaurant, is ok, but a it could be nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep this place to yourself!OldieDined on 11/10/2014First time visit, Saturday lunch with a friend. The food was wonderful, every mouthful a delight. Portions were just right, though to begin with we were a bit curious as to how it would work out. Found the service efficient but lacking in warmth. Perhaps this is the result of giving lunchtime diners an hour and a half. Two hours would have been so much more comfortable, and we would have been out of there well within the time but without feeling we had to eat up and go. (Maybe its our age, but we like to eat slowly and talk.) Still, we both agreed we'd be back asap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They recoveredACJ1Dined on 10/10/2014No idea what was going on when we arrived but they had no table for us and when we were finally seated we waited nearly 20 minutes for any service. The table next to us arrived and received drinks etc about 15 mins after we had sat down. Then things improved. The food is really good although not quite as spectacular as I'd been led to believe. My main of sea-bass was first class. Really interesting wines and the waiter ( perhaps having picked up on our body language re initial service) kindly let us try one or two once we had shown we were really interested I some specific grapes in offer. I'd go back but not raving about the place.
- Like in heavenconnaisseurDined on 8/10/2014We had dinner in the restaurant NOPI and it was the best eating experience we have ever had. The food, the staff, the service, the ambience, everything just perfect. Heaven must be like this...Special Features:
- MerlehippopartymusDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food , especially for people who want healthy, veggie or fish option! Very accomadating as we arrived 45min early and they squeezed us in .Waiters very helpful and friendly ! Food seemed to be very healthy as am allergic to cream and they served mainly yoghurt instead. Would have loved to try a pudding but was too full to fit it in! Thought the toilets were worth a visit! Will definately go back for another eating experience. Let us know when there are special deals?Special Features:
- Lacking in atmospherediningdanDined on 7/10/2014The food was very good at this restaurant, as expected; Surprisingly, however, we never felt comfortable or cozy in any way. The environment is all high quality but somehow the parts don't work well together.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/10/2014One of the best meals, outstanding food, great cocktails, beautiful setting and well managed service. One of its kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We love the freshness and innovation. Love the combination of sweet/sour, fruits and nuts with vegetables and meats, crunchy/smooth texture and colour. Also love the old favourite Middle Eastern, African and Italian recipes reinvented with a modern twist. Attention to detail is exemplary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayDinerDined on 6/10/2014From time we walked in to be greeted by friendly staff taking our coats, to when we walked out with every member of staff we saw on our way smiling a genuine goodbye, this was one of the best restaurant experiences we have had. The food was delicious - a combination of sharing dishes for starter and well portioned individual mains. The food is clever and original and most of all very tasty whilst still feeling light and good for you. For starters, do share as everything is so good you will be spoilt for choice. I had the chicken with chilli and myrtle salt but would likewise recommend the lemon sole which my companion enjoyed. The staff were friendly and attentive - our glasses were filled without us noticing. Cool and intimate atmosphere.Special Features:
- A real treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Whilst I had anticipated excellent food, I had not expected the ambience to be so very warm and friendly. We were greeted at the door as if the restaurant were genuinely pleased to see us and our young waiter could not have been more helpful and friendly. I had mentioned that it was my son's birthday but had not asked for a cake. He was much amused when his dessert arrived proudly sporting a birthday candle and, as we left the restaurant, he remarked that no less than three staff members had wished him a happy birthday. The food is first class, but it is those extra touches which make a place great. I would have no hesitation in recommending Nopi to others and only hope I will have the opportunity to visit again.Special Features:
- BrilliantSimonWDined on 5/10/2014It is always superb. Breakfast menu (although relatively limited) is all executed excellently and served by very pleasant waiters. Shakshuka (braised eggs in tomato sauce with labneh) is really great. Coffee is superb. Normally pay around £40 for 2 for breakfast (2 dishes, 2 coffees, 2 juices).Special Features:
- diner nopifrancoisDined on 4/10/2014A ggod introduction for this night ..nice restaurant team :) and good food ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.