21-22 Warwick Street
MediterraneanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nopi-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 02074949584
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 8:00am to 12:00pm
Lunch 12:00pm to 3:00pm
Dinner 5:30pm to 10.30pm
Breakfast 10:00am to 11:30am
Lunch 12:00pm to 5:30pm
Dinner 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Breakfast 10:00am to 12:30pm
Lunch 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Yotam Ottolenghi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Wine
A word from NOPI
NOPI is an all-day dining venue serving a cuisine blend that may be described as contemporary London: bold flavours and colours, broadly based on Mediterranean, Middle-eastern and Asian ingredients, using lots of herbs and spices. NOPI is open for breakfast, lunch, pre-theatre, dinner, and post-theatre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
NOPI - Best restaurants in Soho ›
NOPI reviews from OpenTable diners
1221 reviews since 27 May 2014
good vegetarian options (789)fit for foodies (782)special occasions (534)pre/post theatre (320)romance (280)brunch (276)business meals (267)sunday lunch (200)group bookings (149)outstanding value (101)child friendly (68)afternoon tea (37)outdoor eating (32)disabled access (19)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/9/2014This was our first visit to NOPI - 17:00 hours on a Saturday and we were concerned when learning that we were only entitiled to 1.5 hours (2 hours for bookings after 18:00 hours . In the event this was not a problem and we ended up there until 19:10 without any pressure to vacate the table. My wife and I opted for seven starters to share instead a starter and a main course and were very impressed with the food - our waiter was excellent - attentive, friendly and helpful. It is quite exepensive but you get what you pay for and we are agreed that it represented good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at NopiThdejagerDined on 20/9/2014I am a huge Ottolenghi fan and have all his cookbooks! This was my first dining experience at one of his restaurants, as it always seemed to be full when I booked. Well, very glad I got in. Love the interior of Nopi. It is very relaxed, with lots of white, with gold accents. The brunch was good - but the same as what you would get at any other good restaurant. I had the ciabatta with aioli, bacon and a poached egg. I think the lunch would be much better, since that is the food you see in his books! Looked amazing as they were busy setting up during our brunch. Oh, and the host at the front door was a bit unfriendly, as I was buying 2 cookbooks. Made me feel I was really in his way as he was trying to seat guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing...FoodiefromPeru2014Dined on 19/9/2014we booked a table for two and arrived a bit early, and then spent about 10 minutes perched at a tiny table, or shelf, rather, in the middle of a very busy dining room, until our table was ready. the food was good, but not outstanding, and one of our desserts--the financiers with a maple sauce--was burned (we were not charged for the dessert); the sauce did not taste even vaguely of maple.Special Features:
- Anniversary Celebrationglow19Dined on 19/9/2014We couldn't have asked for a better experience to help mark our 25th wedding anniversary - the occasion for a visit to London. The Nopi restaurant space is elegant and fun. The servers were attentive and friendly and the food was outstanding. We ordered classic martinis before dinner that arrived so cold and mixed to perfection. The avocado with lavosh appetizer was fresh and tangy. To try a number of dishes for dinner we ordered small plates for sharing and loved each one, including an unusually smoky tasting rainbow chard -- how often are you so enamoured with chard? The chocolate financiers with chantilly cream came to us warm and were a divine finish to the meal.Special Features:
- Room with a viewTabletopcoDined on 19/9/2014As a big fan of Ottolenghi's and food, it had been on our list of places to eat at, the ambience and decor was stunning, as was the menu options with emphasis on fresh simple ingredients and middle eastern style. The creative dishes were the perfect size enabling easy share style eating, everything was beautifully plated and tasted delicious. Wonderful service and ease of booking. Much to what I'd read about price range I thought the meals were very good value for money without costing the world. Eat here you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savor Succulant!SavorsusanDined on 19/9/2014The chef at my cooking school in Paris along with some atudents highly recommended Nopi. I was not disappointed and was surprised I could get in for a per-theater dinner with fairly short notice. My daughter and I share 5 dishes each chosen to balance out the other. Though small in servings, even for small plates it was more than enough to suite us. We had an eggplant salad, lamb chops-grilled perfectly, polenta, a chicken dish and then I forget. All ingredients fresh and very healthy. I bought the cook book and renewed my bow to cook like this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal but expensiveLovetoeatDined on 19/9/2014We'd looked forward to eating here for some time and overall we weren't disappointed. We were shown to our table early, we weren't hurried at all, the service was friendly and efficient. The starters and main courses were all delicious and pleasing to the eye, with great flavour and texture combinations. Especially good were the 'cheesecake' and the onglet, with the courgette fritters a close second. Portions were generally good and reasonably easy to share equitably between 2 - though not sure why Ottolenghi chefs give 3 portions for sharing between 2?? Puddings were a little disappointing given Ottolenghi's pattisserie heritage. Our biggest complaint would be about the music though it was changed on request which was good.Special Features:
- Exciting LunchRanDDined on 19/9/2014We have made extensive use of the cookbooks but had never actually eaten in an Ottolenghi restaurant. We were not disappointed. From the friendly waitress who added her menu suggestions and advice, to the delicious desserts the whole meal could hardly have been better. We were perhaps lucky to be sitting in the window as further in it might have been noisier - but that is an age thing! Firmly on our list of favourite places to dine in London.Special Features:
- Worth a visit, but....Friendofafoodie1Dined on 18/9/2014Tables at front VERY close, so our conversation unpleasantly affected by a loud couple next to us. Menu is really interesting for it's unusual combinations of ingredients. Perhaps my palate is not accustomed to these, as although I could appreciate the ideas, they would not entice me back. We had four small dishes, and a pudding. At one time, the tastes reminded me of cleaning products ! Very astringent !! Go once and see what you think. Certainly an experience !Special Features:
- YotamfanDined on 17/9/2014Excellent and flexible service, easily fitting in an extra guest seamlessly and outstanding menu choices. Preferred place to eat when going to London.Special Features:
- BreakfastGeeDDined on 17/9/2014What a fabulous ambience, think Ibizan villa cool and calm. Went for a working breakfast which was great. They do all the usual and also some more unusual. Had the baked eggs which were delicious and super filling. Next time I am going to have the mushrooms on toast which looked yummy.Special Features:
- Chaosluv2eatDined on 16/9/2014I was meeting a friend at restaurant, I arrived early and was told I was the first one to arrive and was seated at the front of the restaurant. After 30 minutes my friend text me to see where I was, she had arrive before me and was sat at the back of the restaurant! At first the staff said she had given a different name (she hadn't) and they had checked with her twice the name the booking was in, but still there was confusion. We did receive a glass of wine and nibbles on the house, but it really took the edge off the evening. The restaurant was buzzy and the food was good.Special Features:
- Great for Veggies!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 16/9/2014We were a table of 3, celebrating a 30th birthday. I'm pregnant and my friend is a devout vegetarian. Nopi caters for both! We had 9 of the share plates between us and shared a dessert, which was plenty of food. We also had the ginger moctails. The food and drinks were incredible, as was the bill. It's completely worth it though! Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Plenty" good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014We chose NOPI because we are great fans through the cookbooks. The experience goes beyond the excellent food because the staff makes the diners feel like valued friends. All of our appetizers were excellent, but the burratta was astonishing. The shell and the inside were nearly equally soft (how does it keep its shape?) and it was like cutting into and eating a cloud of tangy cheese. The twice cooked baby chicken simply could not have been better. When one member of our party left a small portion of his pork chop unfinished, a staff member noticed and when the check arrived, she had deducted both pork chop orders because what was left behind did not look perfectly prepared, and as she said, "A meal should be perfect." And so it felt.Special Features:
- All goodjrbathDined on 13/9/2014A group of four of us, between us we ordered 15 different plates of food - we all agreed that each and every one of the dishes were excellently prepared, full of taste and presented attractively - a real buzz tro the place and somewhere we woudl go back toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Youpi for Nopi!NeobabeDined on 12/9/2014Nopi never disappoints. A clean, uncluttered room - it's all about the food, & eating fresh, zingy, well-crafted dishes has never been more fun. I've heard it said that it's 'girlie' food, whatever that means. Order sharing platters and do just that, so the whole experience becomes much more sociable, fun and hands-on than anywhere else. Highlights for me this time were the burrata with grilled peach and toasted seeds, scallops with crispy belly pork and gooseberry mousse, and the peanut butter ice cream with peanut brittle and hot chocolate sauce was to die for! The service was attentive and knowledgeable, never trying to upsell, which I appreciated. They knew it was my birthday, and made me feel special without fuss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- partydinerDined on 12/9/2014The food, ambience and everything about this place was lovely including the company I was with which always helps. But the service was awful. No one even came to ask us for drinks for about 30 mins. There was very little advice about the food or wine. Just didn't feel look after in such a lovely place where everything else was great.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary DinnerMimiDeanDined on 12/9/2014We celebrated our 4th Anniversary here. The staff were really tentative and the food was amazing. At the end of the night they had served our desserts on a plate inscribed with Happy Anniversay. Would definitely go again for breakfast and brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BreakfastGrahamVEDined on 12/9/2014A very enjoyable breakfast with some interesting dishes, great coffee and juices. Lovely ambiance and great service.Special Features:
- Rather LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I really can't speak highly enough about our recent experience at NOPI. Like most people these days, I rely on word of mouth and online reviews. This place stood out from everything I saw, and for good reason. If you look at the photos you'll see clean lines, fresh light and a modern experience. This place is all that and more. I'm not a vegetarian but I had the unusual experience of enjoying the vegetarian dishes more than those with meat! The service from Maitre D to waitress to kitchen staff was perfect. It's a busy place but this never encroached on the professionalism displayed by all. Food and drink was organised and produced perfectly, not too fast, not too slow. All in all, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Decent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Food was less exciting than I'd imagined. Ottolenghi's guardian recipes are better
- Great Food, Ottolenghi style!MaartenDined on 6/9/2014Super experience, a New dimension in 'flexitarian', a readin to go back.Special Features:
- Punch full of flavour in every dishBeecheeDined on 6/9/2014Excellent dinner that was balanced perfectly and almost made me vegetarian as the salad and vegetable options are incredibly tasty. Great staff, clearly very good training standards here and very personable. Highly recommend. Great booking process to Open tableSpecial Features:
- Very tasty but small portionsFoodaround80Dined on 6/9/2014The taste was very intense and very pleasing, although meals are on the small size the experience was pleasurable. Maybe a little expensiveSpecial Features:
- Delicious wholesome foodOpinionanna29Dined on 6/9/2014If you are an Ottoleghi fan as I am you will enjoy ! Best to graze on as many dishes as you can, the suggested 2/3 per person works well, plates are small. You will leave satisfied but not overly fullSpecial Features:
- Memorable meal, great venueMantonDined on 6/9/2014We went as a family of four to celebrate a wedding anniversary with a late Saturday afternoon lunch. Selected the small plates options and found something for everyone, from a gluten-free, mostly vegetarian eating wife to a fussy, "anything but vegetables" eating 12-year old. No stuffy fine dining here, just well-thought out and tasty dishes, accommodating staff and a cleverly designed space. Excellent value for the quality of the food and drink. We'll come again.Special Features:
- Amazing food, disappointing serviceeahsuarezVIPDined on 5/9/2014Finally made it here and the food lived up to the hype - definitely one of the best meals we have had in London. Great atmosphere and interior. The hostess and bartenders immediately made us feel welcome, but the servers left a lot to be desired. It took over ten minutes for someone to even come over after we sat down, then we were treated in a way ranging from apathetic to downright rude for the remainder of our meal. The table next two us had the opposite experience with multiple servers fawning over them, we assume because they were all speaking Spanish (?). Rather frustratingly, so do we but we did not think we needed to do so here in order to get decent service. Fortunately, the food was flawless so it (almost) made up for the service.Special Features:
- Excellent World Class FoodSantyDined on 5/9/2014Great tasting food with interesting range of flavours. Top class dessert and service to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JolandaDined on 3/9/2014Everything was fantastic, the acoustics could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJunglejimDined on 3/9/2014Having eaten at Ottolenghi Islington and enjoyed it, we decided to try Nopi. Perhaps with too high expectations. The seating is unnecessarily tight, neither my wife nor I are particularly big but we still had to slide the table to one side, and then crouch to get under the light fitting, and then slide the table back into place. We had only inches of space between us and our neighbours. Service was below average, asking for another glass of wine, it not coming so having to ask again.. All of this gives the food a massive hurdle to overcome to win us over. The food didn’t match the standard at Ottolenghi Islington but did deserve one superlative – fantastically pricey. Also, a glass of wine I didn’t have had been added to the bill, humph.Special Features:
- Sunday Lunch with a differenceVerysatisfiedDined on 31/8/20143 of us met for Sunday lunch and rather taking the main courses we took the option of ordering a selection of starters as sharing dishes. Without exception they were excellent. Well cooked, cleverly seasoned with tasty combinations of flavours - delicious. I like the idea of "grazing" on a selection of tasty treats and the waitress who served us was extremely helpful with suggestions about the quantity of food we might like to order. The whole experience was lovely and reinforced our ideas about Ottolenghi's food. Top notch and alone worth the trip from Devon.Special Features:
- Colourful tasty nutritious foodCED1Dined on 31/8/2014Our best meal EVER. Fantastic lactose free and gluten free alternative menu. Attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food service and hostmattjacksonDined on 30/8/2014We had just flown in from Australia with the intent to come on our one day in London to NOPI. We booked for 845 but our flight was delayed by a few hours so turned up at 930 or so. The host mentioned they gave up our table (expected) but would squeeze us in. We ordered way more than our eyes and stomachs could handle but I was well worth it. Will come back at the drop of a hat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchLucyMyzeDined on 30/8/2014We really enjoyed our lunch at NOPI. The atmosphere is buzzy and I would return with friends. The food is excellent especially for non-meat-eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late supper at NopiBb82VIPDined on 29/8/2014Outstanding meal and service, lovely atmosphere, second time here. Love the restaurant, just felt this time that the sharing plates (although delicious in their outright didn't sometimes compliment each other) love onglet and carrot salad- yum. Will be returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 29/8/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary, compared to may restaurants we go to, the service was poor. Champagne arrived with nibbles then within a couple if minutes we were asked if we wanted flatbreads as they're the most popular thing in the restaurant. Nothing wrong with a little upselling but this happened 3 times in the course of the meal, things were brought over without asking if we wanted them. We were sat at a table in the corner, nice and cosy but then promptly forgotten about. We had to ask to order, ask them to clear the plates. The wine was placed next to the table and then not served. Overall we felt neglected and left without considering desert. There is a fine line between friendly but cool and friendly but attentive staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favourite restaurantsGibboDined on 29/8/2014Nopi never let's you down on quality of food, service, location etc. Must try the cheee cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluttonforDined on 29/8/2014Excellent food and attentive but not intrusive service. We booked for 6.15. By 7.00 the noise level was making conversation difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/8/2014excellent food, friendly and professional staff, excellent value for money.The only downside that I would mention is that the whole dining experience seemed a bit rush rush. The table was very small for four people so everytime a new dish arrived we had to finish the previous one, rearrange all plates, glasses and cutlery and have the empty dishes removed. This was not very condicive to a relaxed dining atmosphere.Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodlover100Dined on 29/8/2014Amazing vegetarian food. Great combinations. Lovely informative staff. Not pretentious at all, all foodies welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.