21-22 Warwick Street
MediterraneanPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nopi-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 02074949584
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 8:00am to 12:00pm
Lunch 12:00pm to 3:00pm
Dinner 5:30pm to 10.30pm
Breakfast 10:00am to 11:30am
Lunch 12:00pm to 5:30pm
Dinner 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Breakfast 10:00am to 12:30pm
Lunch 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Yotam Ottolenghi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Wine
A word from NOPI
NOPI is an all-day dining venue serving a cuisine blend that may be described as contemporary London: bold flavours and colours, broadly based on Mediterranean, Middle-eastern and Asian ingredients, using lots of herbs and spices. NOPI is open for breakfast, lunch, pre-theatre, dinner, and post-theatre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGood Vegetarian Options
NOPI - Best restaurants in Soho ›
NOPI reviews from OpenTable diners
1199 reviews since 21 May 2014
good vegetarian options (773)fit for foodies (766)special occasions (525)pre/post theatre (314)romance (273)brunch (272)business meals (264)sunday lunch (198)group bookings (145)outstanding value (98)child friendly (67)afternoon tea (36)outdoor eating (32)disabled access (19)Show More
- "Plenty" good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014We chose NOPI because we are great fans through the cookbooks. The experience goes beyond the excellent food because the staff makes the diners feel like valued friends. All of our appetizers were excellent, but the burratta was astonishing. The shell and the inside were nearly equally soft (how does it keep its shape?) and it was like cutting into and eating a cloud of tangy cheese. The twice cooked baby chicken simply could not have been better. When one member of our party left a small portion of his pork chop unfinished, a staff member noticed and when the check arrived, she had deducted both pork chop orders because what was left behind did not look perfectly prepared, and as she said, "A meal should be perfect." And so it felt.Special Features:
- All goodjrbathDined on 13/9/2014A group of four of us, between us we ordered 15 different plates of food - we all agreed that each and every one of the dishes were excellently prepared, full of taste and presented attractively - a real buzz tro the place and somewhere we woudl go back toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Youpi for Nopi!NeobabeDined on 12/9/2014Nopi never disappoints. A clean, uncluttered room - it's all about the food, & eating fresh, zingy, well-crafted dishes has never been more fun. I've heard it said that it's 'girlie' food, whatever that means. Order sharing platters and do just that, so the whole experience becomes much more sociable, fun and hands-on than anywhere else. Highlights for me this time were the burrata with grilled peach and toasted seeds, scallops with crispy belly pork and gooseberry mousse, and the peanut butter ice cream with peanut brittle and hot chocolate sauce was to die for! The service was attentive and knowledgeable, never trying to upsell, which I appreciated. They knew it was my birthday, and made me feel special without fuss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- partydinerDined on 12/9/2014The food, ambience and everything about this place was lovely including the company I was with which always helps. But the service was awful. No one even came to ask us for drinks for about 30 mins. There was very little advice about the food or wine. Just didn't feel look after in such a lovely place where everything else was great.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary DinnerMimiDeanDined on 12/9/2014We celebrated our 4th Anniversary here. The staff were really tentative and the food was amazing. At the end of the night they had served our desserts on a plate inscribed with Happy Anniversay. Would definitely go again for breakfast and brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BreakfastGrahamVEDined on 12/9/2014A very enjoyable breakfast with some interesting dishes, great coffee and juices. Lovely ambiance and great service.Special Features:
- Rather LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014I really can't speak highly enough about our recent experience at NOPI. Like most people these days, I rely on word of mouth and online reviews. This place stood out from everything I saw, and for good reason. If you look at the photos you'll see clean lines, fresh light and a modern experience. This place is all that and more. I'm not a vegetarian but I had the unusual experience of enjoying the vegetarian dishes more than those with meat! The service from Maitre D to waitress to kitchen staff was perfect. It's a busy place but this never encroached on the professionalism displayed by all. Food and drink was organised and produced perfectly, not too fast, not too slow. All in all, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Decent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Food was less exciting than I'd imagined. Ottolenghi's guardian recipes are better
- Great Food, Ottolenghi style!MaartenDined on 6/9/2014Super experience, a New dimension in 'flexitarian', a readin to go back.Special Features:
- Punch full of flavour in every dishBeecheeDined on 6/9/2014Excellent dinner that was balanced perfectly and almost made me vegetarian as the salad and vegetable options are incredibly tasty. Great staff, clearly very good training standards here and very personable. Highly recommend. Great booking process to Open tableSpecial Features:
- Very tasty but small portionsFoodaround80Dined on 6/9/2014The taste was very intense and very pleasing, although meals are on the small size the experience was pleasurable. Maybe a little expensiveSpecial Features:
- Delicious wholesome foodOpinionanna29Dined on 6/9/2014If you are an Ottoleghi fan as I am you will enjoy ! Best to graze on as many dishes as you can, the suggested 2/3 per person works well, plates are small. You will leave satisfied but not overly fullSpecial Features:
- Memorable meal, great venueMantonDined on 6/9/2014We went as a family of four to celebrate a wedding anniversary with a late Saturday afternoon lunch. Selected the small plates options and found something for everyone, from a gluten-free, mostly vegetarian eating wife to a fussy, "anything but vegetables" eating 12-year old. No stuffy fine dining here, just well-thought out and tasty dishes, accommodating staff and a cleverly designed space. Excellent value for the quality of the food and drink. We'll come again.Special Features:
- Amazing food, disappointing serviceeahsuarezVIPDined on 5/9/2014Finally made it here and the food lived up to the hype - definitely one of the best meals we have had in London. Great atmosphere and interior. The hostess and bartenders immediately made us feel welcome, but the servers left a lot to be desired. It took over ten minutes for someone to even come over after we sat down, then we were treated in a way ranging from apathetic to downright rude for the remainder of our meal. The table next two us had the opposite experience with multiple servers fawning over them, we assume because they were all speaking Spanish (?). Rather frustratingly, so do we but we did not think we needed to do so here in order to get decent service. Fortunately, the food was flawless so it (almost) made up for the service.Special Features:
- Excellent World Class FoodSantyDined on 5/9/2014Great tasting food with interesting range of flavours. Top class dessert and service to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JolandaDined on 3/9/2014Everything was fantastic, the acoustics could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJunglejimDined on 3/9/2014Having eaten at Ottolenghi Islington and enjoyed it, we decided to try Nopi. Perhaps with too high expectations. The seating is unnecessarily tight, neither my wife nor I are particularly big but we still had to slide the table to one side, and then crouch to get under the light fitting, and then slide the table back into place. We had only inches of space between us and our neighbours. Service was below average, asking for another glass of wine, it not coming so having to ask again.. All of this gives the food a massive hurdle to overcome to win us over. The food didn’t match the standard at Ottolenghi Islington but did deserve one superlative – fantastically pricey. Also, a glass of wine I didn’t have had been added to the bill, humph.Special Features:
- Sunday Lunch with a differenceVerysatisfiedDined on 31/8/20143 of us met for Sunday lunch and rather taking the main courses we took the option of ordering a selection of starters as sharing dishes. Without exception they were excellent. Well cooked, cleverly seasoned with tasty combinations of flavours - delicious. I like the idea of "grazing" on a selection of tasty treats and the waitress who served us was extremely helpful with suggestions about the quantity of food we might like to order. The whole experience was lovely and reinforced our ideas about Ottolenghi's food. Top notch and alone worth the trip from Devon.Special Features:
- Colourful tasty nutritious foodCED1Dined on 31/8/2014Our best meal EVER. Fantastic lactose free and gluten free alternative menu. Attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food service and hostmattjacksonDined on 30/8/2014We had just flown in from Australia with the intent to come on our one day in London to NOPI. We booked for 845 but our flight was delayed by a few hours so turned up at 930 or so. The host mentioned they gave up our table (expected) but would squeeze us in. We ordered way more than our eyes and stomachs could handle but I was well worth it. Will come back at the drop of a hat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchLucyMyzeDined on 30/8/2014We really enjoyed our lunch at NOPI. The atmosphere is buzzy and I would return with friends. The food is excellent especially for non-meat-eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late supper at NopiBb82Dined on 29/8/2014Outstanding meal and service, lovely atmosphere, second time here. Love the restaurant, just felt this time that the sharing plates (although delicious in their outright didn't sometimes compliment each other) love onglet and carrot salad- yum. Will be returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit of a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 29/8/2014We went here for our wedding anniversary, compared to may restaurants we go to, the service was poor. Champagne arrived with nibbles then within a couple if minutes we were asked if we wanted flatbreads as they're the most popular thing in the restaurant. Nothing wrong with a little upselling but this happened 3 times in the course of the meal, things were brought over without asking if we wanted them. We were sat at a table in the corner, nice and cosy but then promptly forgotten about. We had to ask to order, ask them to clear the plates. The wine was placed next to the table and then not served. Overall we felt neglected and left without considering desert. There is a fine line between friendly but cool and friendly but attentive staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favourite restaurantsGibboDined on 29/8/2014Nopi never let's you down on quality of food, service, location etc. Must try the cheee cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluttonforDined on 29/8/2014Excellent food and attentive but not intrusive service. We booked for 6.15. By 7.00 the noise level was making conversation difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 29/8/2014excellent food, friendly and professional staff, excellent value for money.The only downside that I would mention is that the whole dining experience seemed a bit rush rush. The table was very small for four people so everytime a new dish arrived we had to finish the previous one, rearrange all plates, glasses and cutlery and have the empty dishes removed. This was not very condicive to a relaxed dining atmosphere.Special Features:
- OutstandingFoodlover100Dined on 29/8/2014Amazing vegetarian food. Great combinations. Lovely informative staff. Not pretentious at all, all foodies welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodPruneDined on 28/8/2014Had another delicious meal at NOPI, but this time felt that the service was rather lacking, as our waitress, whilst efficient, was rather dour. Prices seemed higher than before but still enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FOOD!!!TerryBearDined on 28/8/2014Simple, creative, fresh, and unexpected delicious. Perfection in every way. Without a doubt, memorable and unpretentious I could eat there every day and night! Bravo!!!Special Features:
- A feast of flavoursOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 23/8/2014A warm, relaxed atmosphere, with excellent and personable service is the right place to be served dish after dish of beautifully flavoured and perfectly cooked food.Special Features:
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 23/8/2014It wasn't brilliant and it was't bad. It was just OK. The food was all a bit bland really (courgette fritters were good). I was expecting a bit more to be honest. House red was very good. Service was polished.
- Lived Up To High ExpectationsArieDined on 22/8/2014Having dinner at a place with an owner that is so well known creates expectancies, and we weren't disappointed. The food was of excellent quality, interesting and tickling our tastebuds! Attentive and friendly service. Would definitely go again if I wouldn't live in Amsterdam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've ever hadBunzerDublinDined on 22/8/2014From the moment we walked through the door we felt most welcome. The choice on the menu is great and to have the smaller sharing dishes is really good as you get to taste a lot of different dishes. Unfamiliar wine list however the informative server steered us in the right direction. The place was buzzy and friendly. We travelled from Dublin to go to this restaurant and we shall be back. Amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciousLoulouDined on 22/8/2014Food is .....simply delicious, flavors and presentation wonderful. Wonderful culinary experience.Special Features:
- FabulosoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 20/8/2014Just delightful in every way - a real treat and the service was very good, but them if you treat the people who are serving you with warmth and a smile they usually respond well - there is just no need for rudeness even if you are paying for top quality - in my opinion those who have a bad experience with service are usually unpleasant people themselves!Special Features:
- AndrewDined on 20/8/2014Superb and unusual food marks NOPI out as a place worth visiting. The food justifies the size of the bill, but it must be said that prices are way below other 'top notch' celebrity chef restaurants. I can't praise the food enough. Staff were friendly and very efficient too. I shall be returning.Special Features:
- Interesting food in modern settingBarnetbobDined on 19/8/2014We came to Nopi on recommendations from our family.the staff are charming, polite and all very well trained.Our waiter explained fully how it worked and made suggestions. We were 3people and shared 3starter dishes and had 3main courses.Thecwaiter suggested some side dishes which we had but were not necessary.the food was very good, nicely presented and great tastes of all the different flavours.I wouldn't go again as the style of food is not really my taste but my son thought it was wonderful and he will definitely return.A really nice evening. .Special Features:
- Dinner at NopiMarkDined on 19/8/2014We just love this restaurant. It is hard to figure out how the kitchen is able to so perfectly balance the many flavors in each dish. The small plate vegetable dishaes are my favorites especially the squash and the pepper dishes. Can't wait to eat there againSpecial Features:
- fantastic pre theatre experienceFidyDined on 18/8/2014We came to NOPI as part of my birthday night out on the town. We were not disappointed. I'd been to NOPI before and sat downstairs, not a bad experience but I knew that this time I wanted to be upstairs and this request was granted so I was well pleased. Our waiter couldn't have been more helpful and charming. We chose 5 starters between us instead of main courses which worked out exactly right. The dishes were brought to us in stages which was nice. We were recommended to order 6 but that would have been too much for us - maybe others with bigger appetites could have managed 6 between them. Everyone of the dishes was a delight - hard to say which one we liked best. Would definitely recommend and would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Un'esperienza MediterraneaDomeVenDined on 18/8/2014Nopi's mediterranean influence is very clear from the moment you enter the restaurant. An explosion of mediterranean colors are waiting for you in the antipasti sideboard. The food is delicious, being the vegetarian option ' Melanzane al melograno e feta' or the Fish/Meat dishes. I had a Sea Bass on a bed of Fennel which was simply Amazing! They reworked the branding, I like the O as NOPI brand identiy. Alos the service has significantly improved from last time I was there. Well done Ottolenghi! Price is what it is in central London. In any other mediterranean venue it would cost 30% less.Special Features: