Novikov - Asian Restaurant
50 Berkeley Street
London, W1J 8HANeighbourhood:
AsianPrice: £26 to £40
Novikov - Asian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.novikovrestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073994330
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 4pm (kitchen close); Saturday, Sunday: 12pm all day dining
Monday - Friday: 6pm - 1130pm (kitchen close); Saturday, Sunday: 12pm all day dining
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tyler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Novikov - Asian Restaurant
The main entrance off Berkeley Street leads into the Asian Restaurant. Here cool granite walls complement the striking lacquered ebony bar-counter decorated with a jade stone. Materials used in this area - wood, stone and leather - are all natural. They are offset by subtle features such as a wall of cracked stone and bamboo chandeliers. The atmosphere here is at once welcoming and relaxing, but subtle enough not to distract from the food itself. A real feature of the Asian Restaurant is its open kitchen. Fronted by an amazing display of seafood and vegetables, it evokes the atmosphere of an Asian food market. The Asian Restaurant specialises in Chinese and Pan Asian cuisine, with a menu designed by highly skilled and experienced Japanese-trained Head Chef Jeff Tyler. Tyler is known for his love of experimenting with different textures, flavours and ingredients, a talent that is much in evidence in dishes such as King Crab with Penang Sauce and Pork Belly with Spicy Glaze. AlsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Novikov - Asian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since 27 May 2014
special occasions (179)business meals (122)romance (107)fit for foodies (105)group bookings (82)good vegetarian options (64)pre/post theatre (30)outstanding value (27)sunday lunch (23)brunch (13)child friendly (9)outdoor eating (6)disabled access (4)afternoon tea (4)Show More
- Night to rememberFineDiningDined on 20/9/2014The service at novikov was amazing and the waitresses were really friendly and helpful - I went for my fiancé birthday and everything I requested was delivered.. I would definetley recommend this pale the ambience and food is amazing and just made the whole experience beautiful and memorable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itDeeKDined on 18/9/2014Excellent service, atmosphere and food... The service was great and although one dish was served late we didn't have to pay for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Ambience !ADuchessDined on 18/9/2014The food is amazing, I would reccommend the Wasibi Prawns & duck Salad ! The service is Over the top, & they literally do not leave you alone at all ! So, if you are after a meal with a friend for a long girly chat, without constant distractions !! This not the place & even a polite request to leave us be and we will call you did not work ! However, they did accomadate us in the lounge downstair for after drinks ! Overall, good night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all about the foie grasDinnerfriendsDined on 11/9/2014Their foie gras dumplings are amazing and together with the sushi (maki rolls - tempura prawn and peking duck) and scallop & truffle sashimi makes for a taste sensation of a meal. I was day dreaming about it the next day - it really is fantastic! Service is great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Extraordinary foodMurrayDined on 10/9/2014I want to go again. Yesterday. The appetizers were great. It's not cheap but well worth the money.Special Features:
- amazing food; 'fresh fish' pricing?BurrenDined on 9/9/2014Stunning Kimchi Waygu dim sum. Delicious red mullet with Morocco spice; marvelous soft shell crab and spicy tuna maki. Service a bit too keen to push top price fresh fish and £80 worth at that.sake £28 for 200 ml carafe Go for the bottle.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSajAVDined on 7/9/2014Daughters birthday, she loved it and the whole family 5 of us enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great environmentJay1983Dined on 7/9/2014The resturant had a good vibe. Everything about the resturant was on point and just as I expected if not more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & ConsistentFoodieDined on 6/9/2014I have yet to be disappointed by Novikov, although the prices may seem steep the quality of the food is excellent and in my opinion well worth it. Definitely a restaurant I will continue to visit for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicechillDined on 6/9/2014Service was very attentive and informing. Prices are high but the food is good.Special Features:
- saraVIPDined on 1/9/2014The food is just as bad as it is on the Italian side of the restaurant. Tasteless.
- Great seafoodJanoDined on 31/8/2014Beautiful food. The waitress looking after us was very attentive. The display of seafood and fresh ingredients in front of the kitchen where you could see the chefs at work through glass was impressive. The wine list was extensive though expensive. A great restaurant for a special occasion. Not too noisy so easy to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overated and overpricedPetalPrayDined on 25/8/2014The initial impressions of Novikov are good and what you would expect from an upmarket, Mayfair restaurant. However, once seated, next to a tank filled to the brim with eels awaiting their fate and a live lobster on the ice display who threw itself to the floor in protest at being gawked at by squeamish customers, the service was slow and the staff were preoccupied with a diner whose coat was ruined by a clumsy waitress and some oyster sauce. The food itself was average and I've had better at Wagamamas. My husband's deep fried soft shell crab had the acrid flavour of old cooking oil and was returned to the kitchen, thankfully it was taken off our bill. We will most definitely not be returning and don't bother with the lounge bar either!
- Very good foodATYZDined on 13/8/2014We had a great time. The food was very good. The server was very friendly. The starters came out pretty quickly...however there was a big lag between the time we finished our starters and the time they brought our main courses.Special Features:
- DinnersaqibDined on 9/8/2014we went for dinner Asian side ordered sushi, dumplings were amazing, from main course and desert every thing was great i love it. i would love to go again and ambience was great perfect light . interior is well decorated, i love wooden ceiling.Special Features:
- Dinner at NovikovZileshDined on 8/8/2014We were welcomed in a friendly manor and taken to our tables, the service was one of the best I've ever seen, definitely the best in this cuisine I've ever tasted with great vegetarian options, when we were unsure of what to order, we were asked to give examples of the foods we like and recommendations were based on that. The table of live foods are excellent show and definitely make you spend on the over charged international fruits. This is definitely somewhere I'd visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGGGGGSoniaVIPDined on 7/8/2014I have heard a lot about Novikov and finally mae time to go, its the most amazing place, he food was fresh and light, I highly recommendSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Our original reservation was for 9:45pm , called the restaurant and changed it to 10:45pm, i asked the person on the phone about the last order but for some reason he refused to tell me, all he said was you have enough time. Upon getting there we were seated on our table at 11:15pm!! and were rushed to order our main courses!! i even told the lady who was seating us that i dont want to be rushed but thats exactly what happened. we were basically forced to finish our dinner by midnight! Not going back and would not recommend it to anyone either!Special Features:
- Great food, little priceyfreddyDined on 5/8/2014The food here is excellent. We went on a tuesday evening and the restaurant was completely full so the atmosphere is also great. The food is of very high quality, with a lot of interesting and varied options on the menu. The wine list is also extensive. However, this is what you'd expect given the price so the restaurant is pretty much what you would expect. I would definitely recommend a visit but this isn't a place i would visit regularly but more for special occasions.Special Features:
- Heavily overpricedMaxximumDined on 2/8/2014Heavily overpriced. Please hire some real Japanese advisor. You can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait?HankyDined on 1/8/2014Had a booking at 11pm but the restaurant was obviously crowded and over-booked. Had to wait more than 30 minutes to get a small table for 2! The food was greatSpecial Features:
- Food, service all was amazingMaxSong24Dined on 1/8/2014It is not the first time we came here. Food, service, all was amazing. Highly recommended.
- outstandingwsh1Dined on 24/7/2014excellent food and ambience. Will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outperuvianfanDined on 21/7/2014We were four people and shared all the dishes. Wonderful monkfish tempura and chipirones. Very attentive service. Expensive, but worth itSpecial Features:
- Mr Eric GRESELINOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/7/2014It was a great moment and the person in charge of out able was PERFECT ! we'll come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but..FoodieDined on 15/7/2014The waitress, although lovely, was a little over attentive. Not the busiest place given its size but will definitely be going back. Food was worth it!!Special Features:
- Charming placeMaxSong24Dined on 12/7/2014Amazing service, good food, impressive atmosphere. As others places like this is too pricey. The drinks at lounge bar are really overpriced.Special Features:
- Went for my birthdayFattyForLifeDined on 11/7/2014Food was great, portions weren't big but not insanely tiny either. The staff were very attentive and there was generally a good atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gastronomic euphoriaG2GreatDined on 4/7/2014novikov asian combines ambience with gastronomic delights each one a superb creation meant to tantalise the senses a complete foodies delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and serviceSmithDined on 3/7/2014We were a group of 5 and shared a number of plates. All of them were delicious! Service was extremely attentive and accommodating. Ambience was lively. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Very GoodLove2EatDined on 2/7/2014I was impressed with the service and the way they take you round to show you all the seafood and explain to you how each is cooked and what vegetables would be best suited with your meal.Special Features:
- Dim Sum Lunch OfferddogDined on 29/6/2014Amazing, Amazing, Amazing. We opted for the 5 different dim sum each, costing just £25 each. The Dim Sum is amazing, they do a Vietnamese frogs legs one which is incredible. All the dim sum was unreal though, and it was well enough food. We were very full. Really nice restaurant, and great staff, had a very friendly Chinese waitress, the front of house staff make you feel welcome. Definitely the best place I've visited in London recently.Special Features:
- Good food and seviceAJJJDined on 29/6/2014Went there for Sunday lunch and was impressed with the atmosphere and decor. Started off with some cocktails followed by dim sum and some mains. Good food and good service - def go back again!Special Features:
- Fantastic place with great foodAnonomousDined on 28/6/2014We booked the Asian restaurant. Some of the dishes are very expensive but others are reasonable. The restaurant was very busy but the food was excellent and the service very attentive. Not a cheap night out but definitely worth it on a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Only for Russian OligarchskgderekDined on 21/6/2014very luxurious with food and service excellent but not Michelin star grade, However they are more expensive than that. Problem is its way too expensive for most people.Special Features:
- When did service become snobbish?sapphireDined on 20/6/2014Went for birthday celebrations - bar staff are sooooooo snobbish! Expensive drinks to stand around!Special Features:
- OverratedPPP88Dined on 20/6/2014We had tuna maki and yellowtail sashimi for starter which were average. For main course, I would recommend the duck rice and truffle duck which were both delicious. For dessert we had chocolate fondant which was very average. Overall the food was not as outstanding as I would expect for that price. The service was awful. At the end of our meal we were told very rudely that we had to leave because the next table was waiting. I don't mind this policy but this was not communicated at the start of the meal. We were then handed the bill as a prod to get us moving. Would not go again
- NovikovIlovefoodDined on 19/6/2014Lovely early evening meal with a friend. Lovely and welcoming staff, and great food. Had the black cod rolls with mango sauce, truly scrumptious!!!!!! We also had duck fried rice, chicken wings, tempura prawns and pork belly. All beautifully made. Well done NovikovSpecial Features:
- Excellent for entertainingDine4Dined on 11/6/2014Food, service, location, ambience all excellent combination that pleases anyone that will dine here. Even the dance music that starts up at 10.30 pm was not annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceCostakisDined on 7/6/2014My and the misses went on a date, and fully enjoyed every starter and main mean we ordered, full of flavour and taste. The service we received was top, from the topping up of our drinks to the serviing of our rice amd noodles. Great place to eat with top service. Planning to ho again very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.