Novikov - Asian Restaurant
50 Berkeley Street
London, W1J 8HANeighbourhood:
AsianPrice: £26 to £40
Novikov - Asian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.novikovrestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073994330
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 4pm (kitchen close); Saturday, Sunday: 12pm all day dining
Monday - Friday: 6pm - 1130pm (kitchen close); Saturday, Sunday: 12pm all day dining
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tyler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Novikov - Asian Restaurant
The main entrance off Berkeley Street leads into the Asian Restaurant. Here cool granite walls complement the striking lacquered ebony bar-counter decorated with a jade stone. Materials used in this area - wood, stone and leather - are all natural. They are offset by subtle features such as a wall of cracked stone and bamboo chandeliers. The atmosphere here is at once welcoming and relaxing, but subtle enough not to distract from the food itself. A real feature of the Asian Restaurant is its open kitchen. Fronted by an amazing display of seafood and vegetables, it evokes the atmosphere of an Asian food market. The Asian Restaurant specialises in Chinese and Pan Asian cuisine, with a menu designed by highly skilled and experienced Japanese-trained Head Chef Jeff Tyler. Tyler is known for his love of experimenting with different textures, flavours and ingredients, a talent that is much in evidence in dishes such as King Crab with Penang Sauce and Pork Belly with Spicy Glaze. AlsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Novikov - Asian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
301 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (174)business meals (121)fit for foodies (102)romance (99)group bookings (78)good vegetarian options (54)pre/post theatre (30)outstanding value (29)sunday lunch (25)brunch (12)outdoor eating (8)child friendly (7)afternoon tea (3)disabled access (2)Show More
- Nice but hecticBrunachDined on 18/10/2014The service personal was too hectic and seemed nervous, maybe it's because they want to make it too good :) we felt a little under pressure. Seating was too tight.... Overall location impression was very nice and meal was excellent. Not cheap.Special Features:
- Yes-vikov Lovely place Delicious !.CortelekDined on 14/10/2014Novikov Asian side yet again delivers a phonemonal lunch for our business meeting. Such a smooth flow of service as we rode the waves of exotic culinary waters ,thorougly enjoying the entire journey.Novikov gets Yes in all counts, totally recommended. Hakan CortelekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSz86Dined on 11/10/2014I was looking for a nice halal restaurant to bring my wife to for her birthday and Novikov was perfect. (The food has been verified as halal by the restaurant and also states which dishes are on the menu). The seating was fine with a great view of the kitchen and food market which she loved. We startered with the prawn & Chiken Dim Sum and salmon Sashimi which was lovely. For the mains we had the Lamb Cutlets & Beef Steak (which was beautiful) with some prawn fried rice on the side. Everything was very tasty and service was great. The price for two with drinks (Mocktails) came to £120 which for the location and everything I guess is expected but I think around the £100 is what I would have paid for what we ordered. I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedFoodloveDined on 10/10/2014Good service, good food, not too memorable however for the price paidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Novikoilicious!...CortelekDined on 6/10/2014I love the dim sum at Novikov...totally recommended... Hakan CortelekSpecial Features:
- WaitdcrchDined on 4/10/2014I booked a table for 10.15 pm. We were there 5 mins earlier. The hostess told me that the table will be ready soon. After another 25 min, I went to her again to inquire about my table. The only answer I received was that she will look into it. After another 5 min I left, having waited for more than 30 min. At 11 pm I received a phone call informing me that the table would be ready now, which would have been a 45 min wait. Fortunately by then, I was already having dinner at another restaurant.
- Amazing food!NinaSavannahDined on 3/10/2014Really really great food and the sushi was amazing! Highly recommend this place and would go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed serviceDanVorDined on 3/10/2014The waiters despite being polite we're annoying and were rushing everything which is not good for a night with friends. There is a 2 hour limit on your reservation which could explain waiters' behaviour. But the time limit itself is a horrible idea. Don't go there if you want to chat with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!westendgirlDined on 30/9/2014Fabulous food in the Asian restaurant ... good house cocktails tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereAngelDined on 27/9/2014Having dinner at Novikov is always funny and enjoyable. Food is good, the only problem is that even if you reserve you have to wait at least 15 minutes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsluvladyDined on 27/9/2014I took my husband to Novikov restaurant last saturday for his 35th birthday and I couldnt be happier! We had such a lovely time from the beginning to end. The restaurant is beautiful, and the ambiance is amazing, I felt really welcomed. The food is delicious as i was expecting, the only thing i must say it is that the portions are quite small you need to order more than you expect. We stayed at the Asian part and we definitely going to return to the italian side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked your kitchenLudmilaDined on 25/9/2014We liked the restaurant service, design, speed of cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night to rememberFineDiningDined on 20/9/2014The service at novikov was amazing and the waitresses were really friendly and helpful - I went for my fiancé birthday and everything I requested was delivered.. I would definetley recommend this pale the ambience and food is amazing and just made the whole experience beautiful and memorable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itDeeKDined on 18/9/2014Excellent service, atmosphere and food... The service was great and although one dish was served late we didn't have to pay for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Ambience !ADuchessDined on 18/9/2014The food is amazing, I would reccommend the Wasibi Prawns & duck Salad ! The service is Over the top, & they literally do not leave you alone at all ! So, if you are after a meal with a friend for a long girly chat, without constant distractions !! This not the place & even a polite request to leave us be and we will call you did not work ! However, they did accomadate us in the lounge downstair for after drinks ! Overall, good night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all about the foie grasDinnerfriendsDined on 11/9/2014Their foie gras dumplings are amazing and together with the sushi (maki rolls - tempura prawn and peking duck) and scallop & truffle sashimi makes for a taste sensation of a meal. I was day dreaming about it the next day - it really is fantastic! Service is great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Extraordinary foodMurrayDined on 10/9/2014I want to go again. Yesterday. The appetizers were great. It's not cheap but well worth the money.Special Features:
- amazing food; 'fresh fish' pricing?BurrenDined on 9/9/2014Stunning Kimchi Waygu dim sum. Delicious red mullet with Morocco spice; marvelous soft shell crab and spicy tuna maki. Service a bit too keen to push top price fresh fish and £80 worth at that.sake £28 for 200 ml carafe Go for the bottle.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSajAVDined on 7/9/2014Daughters birthday, she loved it and the whole family 5 of us enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great environmentJay1983Dined on 7/9/2014The resturant had a good vibe. Everything about the resturant was on point and just as I expected if not more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & ConsistentFoodieDined on 6/9/2014I have yet to be disappointed by Novikov, although the prices may seem steep the quality of the food is excellent and in my opinion well worth it. Definitely a restaurant I will continue to visit for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicechillDined on 6/9/2014Service was very attentive and informing. Prices are high but the food is good.Special Features:
- Love love love!foodieloveDined on 6/9/2014Love the vibe and atmosphere of this place, great whether your on a date or in a group! This really is great for foodies, I loved the array of fresh food; colourful vegetables to fresh fish. The Malaysian soft shell crab is defo worth a get! On top of that, the service is just what you would expect, nothing less :) If you have time head down to the bar afterwards, always lively and worth a stay for a few drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saraVIPDined on 1/9/2014The food is just as bad as it is on the Italian side of the restaurant. Tasteless.
- Great seafoodJanoDined on 31/8/2014Beautiful food. The waitress looking after us was very attentive. The display of seafood and fresh ingredients in front of the kitchen where you could see the chefs at work through glass was impressive. The wine list was extensive though expensive. A great restaurant for a special occasion. Not too noisy so easy to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overated and overpricedPetalPrayDined on 25/8/2014The initial impressions of Novikov are good and what you would expect from an upmarket, Mayfair restaurant. However, once seated, next to a tank filled to the brim with eels awaiting their fate and a live lobster on the ice display who threw itself to the floor in protest at being gawked at by squeamish customers, the service was slow and the staff were preoccupied with a diner whose coat was ruined by a clumsy waitress and some oyster sauce. The food itself was average and I've had better at Wagamamas. My husband's deep fried soft shell crab had the acrid flavour of old cooking oil and was returned to the kitchen, thankfully it was taken off our bill. We will most definitely not be returning and don't bother with the lounge bar either!
- Very good foodATYZDined on 13/8/2014We had a great time. The food was very good. The server was very friendly. The starters came out pretty quickly...however there was a big lag between the time we finished our starters and the time they brought our main courses.Special Features:
- DinnersaqibDined on 9/8/2014we went for dinner Asian side ordered sushi, dumplings were amazing, from main course and desert every thing was great i love it. i would love to go again and ambience was great perfect light . interior is well decorated, i love wooden ceiling.Special Features:
- Dinner at NovikovZileshDined on 8/8/2014We were welcomed in a friendly manor and taken to our tables, the service was one of the best I've ever seen, definitely the best in this cuisine I've ever tasted with great vegetarian options, when we were unsure of what to order, we were asked to give examples of the foods we like and recommendations were based on that. The table of live foods are excellent show and definitely make you spend on the over charged international fruits. This is definitely somewhere I'd visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGGGGGSoniaVIPDined on 7/8/2014I have heard a lot about Novikov and finally mae time to go, its the most amazing place, he food was fresh and light, I highly recommendSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Our original reservation was for 9:45pm , called the restaurant and changed it to 10:45pm, i asked the person on the phone about the last order but for some reason he refused to tell me, all he said was you have enough time. Upon getting there we were seated on our table at 11:15pm!! and were rushed to order our main courses!! i even told the lady who was seating us that i dont want to be rushed but thats exactly what happened. we were basically forced to finish our dinner by midnight! Not going back and would not recommend it to anyone either!Special Features:
- Great food, little priceyfreddyVIPDined on 5/8/2014The food here is excellent. We went on a tuesday evening and the restaurant was completely full so the atmosphere is also great. The food is of very high quality, with a lot of interesting and varied options on the menu. The wine list is also extensive. However, this is what you'd expect given the price so the restaurant is pretty much what you would expect. I would definitely recommend a visit but this isn't a place i would visit regularly but more for special occasions.Special Features:
- Heavily overpricedMaxximumDined on 2/8/2014Heavily overpriced. Please hire some real Japanese advisor. You can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait?HankyDined on 1/8/2014Had a booking at 11pm but the restaurant was obviously crowded and over-booked. Had to wait more than 30 minutes to get a small table for 2! The food was greatSpecial Features:
- Food, service all was amazingMaxSong24Dined on 1/8/2014It is not the first time we came here. Food, service, all was amazing. Highly recommended.
- outstandingwsh1Dined on 24/7/2014excellent food and ambience. Will certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outperuvianfanDined on 21/7/2014We were four people and shared all the dishes. Wonderful monkfish tempura and chipirones. Very attentive service. Expensive, but worth itSpecial Features:
- Mr Eric GRESELINOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 20/7/2014It was a great moment and the person in charge of out able was PERFECT ! we'll come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but..FoodieDined on 15/7/2014The waitress, although lovely, was a little over attentive. Not the busiest place given its size but will definitely be going back. Food was worth it!!Special Features:
- Charming placeMaxSong24Dined on 12/7/2014Amazing service, good food, impressive atmosphere. As others places like this is too pricey. The drinks at lounge bar are really overpriced.Special Features: