Novikov - Asian Restaurant
50 Berkeley Street
London, W1J 8HANeighbourhood:
AsianPrice: £26 to £40
Novikov - Asian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.novikovrestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7399 4330
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12pm - 4pm (kitchen close); Saturday, Sunday: 12pm all day dining
Monday - Friday: 6pm - 1130pm (kitchen close); Saturday, Sunday: 12pm all day dining
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Tyler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Novikov - Asian Restaurant
The main entrance off Berkeley Street leads into the Asian Restaurant. Here cool granite walls complement the striking lacquered ebony bar-counter decorated with a jade stone. Materials used in this area - wood, stone and leather - are all natural. They are offset by subtle features such as a wall of cracked stone and bamboo chandeliers. The atmosphere here is at once welcoming and relaxing, but subtle enough not to distract from the food itself. A real feature of the Asian Restaurant is its open kitchen. Fronted by an amazing display of seafood and vegetables, it evokes the atmosphere of an Asian food market. The Asian Restaurant specialises in Chinese and Pan Asian cuisine, with a menu designed by highly skilled and experienced Japanese-trained Head Chef Jeff Tyler. Tyler is known for his love of experimenting with different textures, flavours and ingredients, a talent that is much in evidence in dishes such as King Crab with Penang Sauce and Pork Belly with Spicy Glaze. AlsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Novikov - Asian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
315 reviews since 28 November 2013
special occasions (183)business meals (124)fit for foodies (105)romance (100)group bookings (78)good vegetarian options (53)pre/post theatre (28)outstanding value (27)sunday lunch (26)brunch (11)outdoor eating (11)child friendly (9)afternoon tea (3)disabled access (2)Show More
- Really poor servicesarahhussDined on 22/11/2014I went to this restaurant for dinner. The service was terrible. I had a table booked for dinner and arrived an hour early and checked myself in and went to the bar for drinks. 10 minutes before my table was due they gave my table away saying that they had thought I left. I had to wait another additional 30 minutes for my table. When I sat down to eat. I ordered food. Tables around me who ordered after me got their food before mine. Eventually I told there was a mix up with my order and they had given my food to another table. When my meal had eventually arrived after 45 minutes I was glad to have eaten something. On the whole the food was good but the service terrible and the restaurant really need to improve this. I would not recommend. When I mentioned this to the waitress she said I should try this restaurant on Monday to Wednesday to get the best from the service. Need I say more!!!
- AnjuVIPDined on 20/11/2014I have stopped counting the number of times I have eaten the lunch offer at Novikov. It is excellent value and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiamentDined on 11/11/20141 2 2 3 4 5 6 7 fbvdf df GREAT !!! Food is a different expirience at Novikv!! 1 2 3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food, hip, loungefoodyDined on 10/11/2014Not to miss in London - great food, service - beautiful people - place to be ! We will definetly be back ! Try the Asian Food !I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbLINUSVIPDined on 8/11/2014Called up last minute, were extremely accommodating. Service, food drinks all fantastic.Special Features:
- Took 30 minutes to be seated.EcetrDined on 7/11/2014Even though we have a reservation, we have waited for half an hour to be seated. The staff was friendly but could hardly hear us call. Didn't like the club 'cause of the music and the low class crowd. Left in 15 min.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodYagsunChrisDined on 1/11/2014i went with my husband as we were celebrating our birthdays, we went to the Asian restaurant and we both foodies,the staff were friendly and welcoming. Considering the restaurant is in Mayfair it was worth paying for the food! The drinks were slightly expensive even the mock tails, but ambience was lovely,busy but it didn't feel like you were over crowded! Loved it! Loved it!Special Features:
- Japanese coolDelightfulDiningDined on 1/11/2014a nice Russian twist to this exceptional Japanese restaurnat, every bit as good as Nobu or Zuma but whtout the pretension of the name. wines a bit pricey but a good list dominated by Italians but with the usual and expected spread of high quality old world wines.Special Features:
- OutstandingRomanDined on 31/10/2014This place is awesome and one of the best in London for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, disappointing service!NomfoodieDined on 31/10/2014Dined here recently for my birthday and I have to say, as it was not my first time eating there I didn't receive the service I had come to expect. A few members of our dining party were a little late so we sat at our table 30mins later than our booking time. Our waiter was very polite and attentive, BUT....we were constantly reminded that we now only had half an hour left to dine and as a result, instead of the nice flow of food being brought to our table, we were actually forced to wolf down our food, with waiters coming and removing plates before we were even done with them. At one we had 4 waiters at our table bringing food before we were even finished courses, one even spilled my cocktail drink on my dress, ruining my 30th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great serviceFoodieDined on 30/10/2014My second time there and the food is delicious and well presented. Bit pricey but it is worth it for the occasional treat.Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceLadyMBDined on 27/10/2014It Is Everything You Would Expect From A Restaurant In Mayfair. Food Was Amazing. Already Made Plans To Try Out The Italian Room. Going Next Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnjuVIPDined on 27/10/2014Great lunch offer at Novikov. I've been many times and will return. I wish they would bring back the duck and mango rolls. They were my favourite.Special Features:
- FantasticKatWDined on 24/10/2014Valet parking is available. The service you can not fault and the food was amazing!! This will be a place I go once a month as a treat! Thank you to all the staff - a table at 6.30pm was perfect as it wasn't too busy but by the time you were half way through your meal the atomsphere was electric and buzzy.Special Features:
- excellent food dampened by serviceIapoorvaDined on 24/10/2014We go back here because this is amongst the finest food one can have in London. I would still recommend the restaurant highly. However, the normally superb service was not upto their normal high standards - the waitress was not as polite and friendly as other staff and main course took 25 minutes after starters were cleared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but hecticBrunachDined on 18/10/2014The service personal was too hectic and seemed nervous, maybe it's because they want to make it too good :) we felt a little under pressure. Seating was too tight.... Overall location impression was very nice and meal was excellent. Not cheap.Special Features:
- Yes-vikov Lovely place Delicious !.CortelekDined on 14/10/2014Novikov Asian side yet again delivers a phonemonal lunch for our business meeting. Such a smooth flow of service as we rode the waves of exotic culinary waters ,thorougly enjoying the entire journey.Novikov gets Yes in all counts, totally recommended. Hakan CortelekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSz86Dined on 11/10/2014I was looking for a nice halal restaurant to bring my wife to for her birthday and Novikov was perfect. (The food has been verified as halal by the restaurant and also states which dishes are on the menu). The seating was fine with a great view of the kitchen and food market which she loved. We startered with the prawn & Chiken Dim Sum and salmon Sashimi which was lovely. For the mains we had the Lamb Cutlets & Beef Steak (which was beautiful) with some prawn fried rice on the side. Everything was very tasty and service was great. The price for two with drinks (Mocktails) came to £120 which for the location and everything I guess is expected but I think around the £100 is what I would have paid for what we ordered. I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedFoodloveDined on 10/10/2014Good service, good food, not too memorable however for the price paidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Novikoilicious!...CortelekDined on 6/10/2014I love the dim sum at Novikov...totally recommended... Hakan CortelekSpecial Features:
- WaitdcrchDined on 4/10/2014I booked a table for 10.15 pm. We were there 5 mins earlier. The hostess told me that the table will be ready soon. After another 25 min, I went to her again to inquire about my table. The only answer I received was that she will look into it. After another 5 min I left, having waited for more than 30 min. At 11 pm I received a phone call informing me that the table would be ready now, which would have been a 45 min wait. Fortunately by then, I was already having dinner at another restaurant.
- Amazing food!NinaSavannahDined on 3/10/2014Really really great food and the sushi was amazing! Highly recommend this place and would go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed serviceDanVorDined on 3/10/2014The waiters despite being polite we're annoying and were rushing everything which is not good for a night with friends. There is a 2 hour limit on your reservation which could explain waiters' behaviour. But the time limit itself is a horrible idea. Don't go there if you want to chat with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!westendgirlDined on 30/9/2014Fabulous food in the Asian restaurant ... good house cocktails tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereAngelDined on 27/9/2014Having dinner at Novikov is always funny and enjoyable. Food is good, the only problem is that even if you reserve you have to wait at least 15 minutes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsluvladyDined on 27/9/2014I took my husband to Novikov restaurant last saturday for his 35th birthday and I couldnt be happier! We had such a lovely time from the beginning to end. The restaurant is beautiful, and the ambiance is amazing, I felt really welcomed. The food is delicious as i was expecting, the only thing i must say it is that the portions are quite small you need to order more than you expect. We stayed at the Asian part and we definitely going to return to the italian side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked your kitchenLudmilaDined on 25/9/2014We liked the restaurant service, design, speed of cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night to rememberFineDiningDined on 20/9/2014The service at novikov was amazing and the waitresses were really friendly and helpful - I went for my fiancé birthday and everything I requested was delivered.. I would definetley recommend this pale the ambience and food is amazing and just made the whole experience beautiful and memorable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itDeeKDined on 18/9/2014Excellent service, atmosphere and food... The service was great and although one dish was served late we didn't have to pay for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Ambience !ADuchessDined on 18/9/2014The food is amazing, I would reccommend the Wasibi Prawns & duck Salad ! The service is Over the top, & they literally do not leave you alone at all ! So, if you are after a meal with a friend for a long girly chat, without constant distractions !! This not the place & even a polite request to leave us be and we will call you did not work ! However, they did accomadate us in the lounge downstair for after drinks ! Overall, good night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all about the foie grasDinnerfriendsVIPDined on 11/9/2014Their foie gras dumplings are amazing and together with the sushi (maki rolls - tempura prawn and peking duck) and scallop & truffle sashimi makes for a taste sensation of a meal. I was day dreaming about it the next day - it really is fantastic! Service is great and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Extraordinary foodMurrayDined on 10/9/2014I want to go again. Yesterday. The appetizers were great. It's not cheap but well worth the money.Special Features:
- amazing food; 'fresh fish' pricing?BurrenDined on 9/9/2014Stunning Kimchi Waygu dim sum. Delicious red mullet with Morocco spice; marvelous soft shell crab and spicy tuna maki. Service a bit too keen to push top price fresh fish and £80 worth at that.sake £28 for 200 ml carafe Go for the bottle.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSajAVDined on 7/9/2014Daughters birthday, she loved it and the whole family 5 of us enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great environmentJay1983Dined on 7/9/2014The resturant had a good vibe. Everything about the resturant was on point and just as I expected if not more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & ConsistentFoodieDined on 6/9/2014I have yet to be disappointed by Novikov, although the prices may seem steep the quality of the food is excellent and in my opinion well worth it. Definitely a restaurant I will continue to visit for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicechillDined on 6/9/2014Service was very attentive and informing. Prices are high but the food is good.Special Features:
- Love love love!foodieloveDined on 6/9/2014Love the vibe and atmosphere of this place, great whether your on a date or in a group! This really is great for foodies, I loved the array of fresh food; colourful vegetables to fresh fish. The Malaysian soft shell crab is defo worth a get! On top of that, the service is just what you would expect, nothing less :) If you have time head down to the bar afterwards, always lively and worth a stay for a few drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saraVIPDined on 1/9/2014The food is just as bad as it is on the Italian side of the restaurant. Tasteless.
- Great seafoodJanoDined on 31/8/2014Beautiful food. The waitress looking after us was very attentive. The display of seafood and fresh ingredients in front of the kitchen where you could see the chefs at work through glass was impressive. The wine list was extensive though expensive. A great restaurant for a special occasion. Not too noisy so easy to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.