139 Northcote Road
London, SW11 6PXNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 02079785837
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 12pm - 3pm, 6:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
A word from Numero Uno
Situated on bustling Northcote Road in London’s chi chi Clapham, Numero Uno is an Italian restaurant which delights locals and visitors alike. A typical neighbourhood Italian, Numero Uno is popular with businessmen and commuters during the week but at weekends fills with a more relaxed crowd of families looking for an unfussy dinner and groups enjoying each others company as they dig in to antipasti platters. An Italian wait staff make the Numero Uno experience all that more authentic, each of them moving from table to table, joking and conversing with diners as they take orders and make recommendations. A varied menu of Italian favourites, generously portioned, are followed by wonderfully decadent desserts and of course complimentary limoncello.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Numero Uno - Best restaurants in Clapham ›
Numero Uno reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since 27 May 2014
romance (25)fit for foodies (21)special occasions (19)group bookings (15)business meals (12)outdoor eating (9)good vegetarian options (9)sunday lunch (8)child friendly (6)pre/post theatre (3)outstanding value (3)brunch (2)Show More
- Delicious always!eataly2462Dined on 24/8/2014We go to Numero 1 in special occasion the food is ALWAYS very very good. Authentic Italian cooking , pasta con le vongole as you would eat in NAPLES ! Fiorentina steak as you would eat in FLORENCE! Huge vegetarian choices of main and sides. Never disappointed. The service is friendly and professional. Ask for suggestion they will be honest! The cake trolley... is a kind of heaven on earth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in SW11ChasDined on 20/8/2014Greeted courteously and table ready for our use. Restaurant for a Thursday night was full but service was swift and friendly and the food was excellent and authentic. The wine list was good and covered most areas and popular varietals of Italy, although wine prices were pretty steep. I would definitely return but it would be for a special occasion as the overall cost was central london prices.Special Features:
- Great local ItalianfoodloverDined on 26/7/2014The best pasta dish I've had outside of Italy! Friendly, knowledgeable service and great variety on the menu. They could do with a chilled dessert trolley - on a hot evening my desert was somewhat "squishisy", and felt overpriced for quality and portion size. Otherwise I can't fault this lovely local restaurant.Special Features:
- Always deliciouscmdoyleDined on 30/6/2014I love Numero Uno! Whether for a family meal, big group of friends, or just a romantic meal for two, it's consistently excellent. I particularly recommend the almond souffle!Special Features:
- Never fails to impressNumerUnoDined on 28/6/2014Superb food with a long established menu. Quality wines and very reasonable prices. Friendly staff. Only down side is it can get a little packed - but thats all in the general sprit of the place.Special Features:
- good neighbourhood italianCazzaDined on 27/6/2014Entrees were all very generous portions and so too were the mains. I had the truffle pasta and it had slightly too much overpowering truffle even for a truffle lover. Otherwise great value and service.Special Features:
- A true Italian treatwarneyDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I took my brother in law here for his birthday as it is one of our favourite Italian restaurants in there area. He is a real food lover and travelled through Italy on a food tour for his honeymoon. He loved the food here and was amazed it was mostly as good as what he had experienced in Italy. A definite winner of a birthday present!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RGRoshersDined on 7/6/2014We dined there on a Saturday for my birthday. Everything from booking the table to the food and service was excellent. Staff was so friendly and the food is just amazing, Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianGiannzDined on 2/5/2014I have been on the hunt for an authentic Italian restaurant where I would be happy to order pasta, and I think I'm on the right track with this little gem. Pasta can seem so basic, but for an Italian girl who lives for pasta, its not so easy to find in London. I had the wild boar pappardelle which was lovely, albeit a little salty. I have only been here once, but will be keen to go again and try different things. Absolutely worth a shot! Oh and the staff were very helpful, friendly and full of Italian charm.Special Features:
- Number One againAlchemistVIPDined on 25/4/2014A delightful night were the staff were so attentive you would have thought I was a regular the way I was greeted. The food was as excellent as usual, ravioli to die for I will be back next time I want to impress. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningAnneDined on 4/4/2014Both the food and service were great. The restaurant is not very big and the tables are quite close together. I would definitely return
- Wonderful foodvaladeDined on 28/3/2014I had fantastic seared scallops in balsamic sauce with spring onions. And then a wonderful pasta della nonna, spicy and full tasting... Stand out wine from Puglia.I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is the best Italian restaurantfoodloverDined on 14/3/2014this is the best Italian restaurant around. It's very authentic. It is a bit expensive but it's worth it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines daymj99Dined on 14/2/2014Best valentines meal ever, food and staff were brillantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ItalianLuckyNatalieVIPDined on 5/2/2014Lovely dinner. The restaurant feels as though you are in Italy! The deserts looked yummy, we ended up ordering 3 for 2 of us!
- Liked: Attentive service.NickDined on 18/1/2014Liked: Attentive service. Quality well prepared food. Disliked: No itemisation on the bill other than 'Mains' 'Drinks' headings. Slightly pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbourhood family Italian.ExpatriateDined on 16/1/2014Had dinner with wife,daughter and two month old baby. Typical but varied menu, the food was generally excellent except for my wife's rack of lamb which was inexplicably tough.However the waiter noticed that she was not eating it and immediately replaced it with a steak which was perfect. There is a good wine list and all prices, food and wine were reasonable.We would not hesitate to eat here again or recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre Christmas treatcrazy4Dined on 23/12/2013a lovely evening, food great, service lovely and quite enough to chat even though the restaurant was busy. definitely will be returning thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I stopped inalexjj80VIPDined on 22/12/2013My husband and I stopped in here for some Sunday lunch whilst shopping on Northcote Road. The restaurants is quite rustic and quaint, with really very good food. All the ingredients tasted fresh and vibrant and very much like great quality home cooking. The service is quite charming in its own way - the people we spoke to were Italian and almost a little abrupt, but not at all rude, in fact it added to the authenticity. I think the food is a little overpriced for what it is, but then it's Northcote Road. I would happily return, but wouldn't go out of my way to come here for dinner.
- Great ItalianAJclaphamDined on 21/12/2013Was recommended by a friend and Numero Uno didn't disappoint- great service and delicious fresh tasting food..will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOakappleVIPDined on 18/12/2013Great for a mid week night out with plenty of atmosphere and good robust Italian cooking. Staff were attentive but not overbearing - it's good value and far better than formulaic chains.Special Features:
- A little gemBalhamiteDined on 10/12/2013I first visited this restaurant a couple of years ago, and it is such a good find. Delicious homemade fresh Italian food, at very reasonable prices, a lovely bustling atmosphere and faultless friendly service. I had my favourite, the wild boar ragu, which is simply delicious, and the prawns and scallops looked fantastic too. Perfect for a catch up after a long day Christmas shopping. See you again soon, ciao!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied customerNeshDined on 5/12/2013Great food, great atmosphere, top service and top location! Was very pleased overall, happy that they could accommodate a last minute booking. D MohanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian classicSWfoodieDined on 12/10/2013Have always loved this restaurant with its authentic Italian menu and family-run buzz. Always loads to choose from on the menu and everything is so good. Love the great Italian wine list too. Highly recommended local diner.Special Features:
- Fantastic little bustling ItalianWhiteRabbitVIPDined on 5/10/2013Fantastic bustling little Italian in Clapham. Fantastic authentic Italian food - you won't find pizzas here! Attentive service. Book, it's always busy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Numero UnolondondinerDined on 24/9/2013Great t-bone steak. Only problem is we were the only customers at lunchtimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 424 reviews are from the Numero Uno reviews archive.
- A super mealnibor37Dined on 4/9/2013We took our daughter and son-in-law who live in Houston, Texas. The son-in-law, who is American, was ecstatic in his praise. Everything was just right. My only slight reservation was that I thought the prices were rather high.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - we'll be backlin1Dined on 30/8/2013I was here with my husband Friday night and had a great evening. Food ranged from good to exceptional (recommendations from staff really came through). The staff were all very helpful and friendly and a nice buzz in the restaurant too. Would put it No. 1 on Northcote road for us. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How didn't we find this before?TW77Dined on 7/6/2013Delicious and slightly different Italian food - the take on the parmiggiana melanzana was delicious. Very bustling restaurant - for me that was the only slight negative as it was pretty noisy, but still worth the visit and still very enjoyable. Staff were very friendly and lively and bubbly too. The wine list was of a sensible range of prices and good quality. We'll definitely be back. We've been in the area for 12 years and never realised this restaurant existed. It's understated from the outside, but clearly very popular with families, groups of friends etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little taste of ItalyLottieLondonDined on 25/5/2013A lovely restaurant with fantastic food! The service was great and extremely friendly. My partner and I loved it and will definately return again one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite restaurant in London!sussexbellaDined on 22/5/2013Our table of 5 all enjoyed the evening - excellent food combined with a lovely relaxed atmosphere, we will be back.
- Nappy Valley TakeoverRaychebabyDined on 11/5/2013I booked this restaurant for a late Saturday lunch (13.30) with 2 girlfriends. However, when I walked in, all I could see was a sea of children, aged about 6 downwards. As I was shown to our table at the heart of the creche I asked, discreetly, to be seated at the back of the restaurant which was quiet but deserted. The staff were very attentive and we had a nice meal - my seafood linguine was lovely, but I would not recommned this for a grown up lunch at the week-end.Special Features:
- Food great as always.JoyceelDined on 27/4/2013You can always rely on número uno for great food & wine. It hasn't disappointed me yet. Best Italian in Clapham...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my mother to Numero UnolozzaDined on 5/4/2013Took my mother to Numero Uno for a birthday meal, we weren't disappointed. The waiters are friendly and knowledgeable, and the food was good (only marked down slightly by the blandness of the Monkfish and Prawn Risotto). I'd still recommend, as the other meals were given two thumbs up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in South LondonpjthompsoDined on 8/3/2013Coming from Australia where there are LOTS of very good Italians, coming across Numero Uno was a real find. This is a traditional Italian run the old family way. Lots of waiters (professionals not students), great menu, brilliant food and a very smooth well polished service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianangelDined on 20/2/2013Ate early so had kids bawling out for the whole meal though nice to see a child friendly place. Food lovely and wine good too. Service OK. My dining partner had been before and absolutely raved about it but can't say I felt the same way. Perhaps when I' m a parent?!Special Features:
- Valentines plus...HWDSDined on 15/2/2013Shared a table with great friends also celebrating 20 years of marriage this year. Attentive service as ever but asked specifically for a table at the front and ended up near the kitchen swing door. Fellow diners on a Friday night were raucous and marred an otherwise excellent evening. Recommended wine particularly delicious and food up to its usual standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had steak and grilled lobster,mikefieldDined on 14/2/2013We had steak and grilled lobster, so nothing fancy, both tasted good quality and fresh. Fried artichokes were OK, crunchy and not oily. We didn't try any of the other more "elaborated" dishes. Menu looks reasonably varied. Service friendly although a bit slow at one point Overall a good local restaurantI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Dinner on Valentines DayCC77Dined on 14/2/2013The pasta is definitely one of the best i have had in London. The service was really lovely and the food excellent. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingherbieDined on 13/2/2013I met an old friend for supper at 7.15pm, asking in advance for a quiet table so we could chat. We were not placed in a quiet spot. The food was very mediocre. I ordered a baby chicken, which I expected whole, but it was jointed and tough. By 8.30pm the restaurant was full and very noisy. It just did not make for a good experience..