6/7 Fore Street
SpanishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olivarestaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 01392877878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday 12pm - 2pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday 6.30pm - late
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Tim Golder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Look out for our monthly Live Music Nights , Wine Tastings and other fantastic special nights
- Special Events: Tuesday Paella Special, Paella for two and two glasses of house wine £29.95 Thursday Tapas Special, 4 Tapas £18 - 6 Tapas £25
A word from Oliva Restaurant
Oliva is a Spanish, Mediterranean family run restaurant. Situated in the picturesque riverside town of Topsham. Locally sourced produce is used in this award winning restaurant to produce mouthwatering tapas, paella and a full a la carte Mediterranean menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oliva Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointedmatBDined on 15/2/2013after booking a table for this restaurant and making the 45 mile trip down to celebrate the anniversary with my partner. We were greeted to a locked and closed front door with a notice pinned to the front stating that a week prior our booking the restaurant had closed down by the landlord. At no time after my booking to our arrival had we received communication from Oliva's or toptable to let us know of the situation. I feel let down, disappointed as well as having what was supposed to be a romantic evening ruined.
- Recession bitesMalcolm1Dined on 9/2/2013We had received confirmation the evening before, so we were stunned to find the restaurant closed and receivers' notices everywhere. So we will never find out if it was good as its reputation.
- To eat or not to eatDaveDined on 9/2/2013I booked a table at Oliva's restaurant through the website on Saturday morning, we drove all the way from south Wales, but when we arrived, there was a sign up on the door explaining that the restaurant had closed down the night before:-(
- A great restaurant with excellentSmileyDined on 30/1/2013A great restaurant with excellent food and attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oliva - Topsham, ExeterMWD72Dined on 19/1/2013First visit to Oliva and has immediately gone onto our 'must return' list. Food was excellent; fresh and beautifully cooked. The Set Menu had good variety and choice and was competitively priced given the quality of food on offer. We loved every mouthful, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm welcome. Cold outside,Sweettooth2Dined on 12/1/2013Warm welcome. Cold outside, restaurant not very warm. Sat by radiator which went off after a while. Didn't get warm till we got home. Food good. Busy Saturday night. Waited too long for sweet order to be taken so left without. Waitresses hanging about chatting so felt they could have done better.
- Great Evening at OlivaAndyp110866Dined on 5/1/2013Great evening at Oliva, food superb , efficient and not over fussy service , my first try at guinea fowl tasted wonderful and steak cooked to perfection , what more could you want .... top eveningSpecial Features:
- Evening dining completelyBillDined on 15/12/2012Evening dining completely spoiled by an outrageous noisy and unruly party of around 30 young people. Such and event should have been assigned the full restaurant and not accompanied by a few 'normal' guests looking for a much quieter evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food&service4diningDined on 8/12/2012The high standard of the previous owners has been maintained in value,quality and friendliness. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Oliva ToppshamgwynDined on 6/12/2012An altogether pleasant experience, warm welcome, attentive service and beautifully presented meal all at a very agreeable price – congratulations to the new management – very highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Sunday lunchDevonianDined on 18/11/2012A really good choice for a Sunday lunch. Excellent lunch menu with an interesting choice of starters, main courses and desserts. Service was prompt but not intrusive and despite not being too busy the ambience was very pleasant with good garden views. At £20 for three courses the value was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five of us had the set eveningLizzieofWeymouthDined on 1/11/2012Five of us had the set evening menu . It was a very nice welcoming Restaurant & the food was excellent. We were a little late as parking is not easy in Topsham. We shall certainly come again & will allow a little more time for parking. All in all , an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at OlivacomposterDined on 27/10/2012Our trip to Oliva was a pot luck internet booking, always a bit risky. But we needn't have worried; the restaurant was excellent with very friendly staff and an obviously excellent team in the kitchen. All our food was delicious, served quickly and, always a must, hot. The menu was a little restricted but not always a bad thing as all the food appeared to be cooked to order with fresh produce. Overall, highly recommended. Parking for this restaurant could be tricky but we were very lucky to find a space a few yards from the front door.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oliva reviewvisitorDined on 16/10/2012New owners - same chef. Excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff were friendly, verytopshamtwinsDined on 13/10/2012Staff were friendly, very welcoming and knowledgeable. They were attentive but not intrusive. Scallop starter was great but four would be better than three! Overall though we had a great evening, with tasty courses.
- Good but no cigarRob1Dined on 12/10/2012The service was very patchy. I think the key is don't try to sit in the bar first. Once we were in the restaurant it got better. The senior host or owner (?) got in the way. Some of the food was outstanding, I was dining with a celebrated chef who has his own restaurant in California. He was impressed but he seemed to have chosen the best dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!TheballDined on 6/10/2012We had a really lovely evening can't fault the staff. Nothing was too much effort. I will recommend to others and definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodVegicatDined on 21/9/2012Food was good although only one vegetarian option for starter and main, but both very tasty and good presentation. Restaurant was not busy so lacked atmosphere and the lighting was a bit bright, but overall a very good dining experience with excellent service.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceRegularEaterDined on 15/9/2012In summary. The kitchen was very slow, about an hour from when we arrived to when we got food. We were charged for things that we didn't have. The desserts are overpriced for what they are.
- Such a lovely place!ValesDined on 22/8/2012This restaurant was outstanding in every way. My wife and I spent a most relaxing evening together having been made very welcome by the friendly staff. The food and ambience were both beautiful and we would both like to recommend this as a must if you are nearby and planning to eat out - especially if you enjoy Spanish food. Credit where credit is due! Thank you for making my wife's birthday evening such a delight.Special Features:
- excellent experiencejennybDined on 19/8/2012Arrived to find we were the only diners for Sunday lunch. Great service and very good meal turned what could have been a rather depressing experience into an excellent one. Restaurant is light and airy - menu short but inventive with Spanish influences - would recommend any of the options we enjoyed (haddock, risotto, confit chicken) but special mention goes to the chocolate fondant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quality venue and excellent foodChapsDined on 18/8/2012On a lovely summers day there are few things better than a stroll around Topsham followed by an excellent meal in the Oliva restaurant. The venue is open, friendly and refined without being to formal. The food was excellent and just the right portion size. The service was also first class - you were attended to but never rushed. All in all an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service good, polite and friendly.nibblesDined on 18/8/2012service good, polite and friendly. food choice good as well as tasty, menu has something for everyone, and this also goes for the price...! am looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- Friendly local favourite.LuvTopshamDined on 10/8/2012We live locally: Oliva's is one of our favourite restaurants. Strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great 82nd birthday venueJanetVIPDined on 29/7/2012We had family Sunday lunch to celebrate my mother's 82nd birthday. We love the restaurant for its location in Topsham, and the option of sitting out in the glorious garden in good weather. The food is good and the service excellent. The decor and ambience are both great.Special Features:
- We'll be back!AngeDined on 20/7/2012A relaxed atmosphere and smart surroundings give Oliva an authentic, Mediterranean feel without being at all pretentious. Service was spot on too. Our starters were excellent - anchovies wrapped in sage with the lightest, crispest tempura batter were just perfect. Mushroom potato and sage soup was also really good as were the bowl of mixed olives - gently warmed to bring out the flavours. After such a great start our main courses were a bit disappointing. Mine was rather oily and the vegetable purée not very warm. Desserts were a little average too. Overall though, a lovely evening out... and the Spanish beer with our meal and chocolate truffles with our coffee added to the feeling of having found a restaurant to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceGordibabeDined on 14/7/2012Just needed to say that our evening meal night last Saturday was excellent. All cooked fresh. The staff are courteous, and attentive. You can tell all who work there love it and the business family members are fully committed to providing a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my stunning dinnerchippyDined on 13/7/2012we decided to try oliva on the spur of the moment.we were totally delighted by the quality of the food.my wife was a chef in a previous life and she found the evening faultless.also we had between us 6 courses ,2 coffees and a very nice bottle of wine for under £80.although in the current economic climate this isnt a cheap evening,i believe it was worth every penny.we both l look forward to dining there again in the very near future.we wouldnt hesitate to recommend oliva to any of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite place to meetLallyDined on 11/7/2012My favourite place to meet a friend for lunch. Service friendly and quick, special 2-courses for £10 tasty - though a glass of wine and a coffee always catches you out when the bill comes. On a general note - why is coffee always so expensive in restaurants?I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old favourite in the making!FoodfunDined on 23/6/2012We visited for dinner on Saturday night for a special occasion. The service is friendly and genuine and advised us well on both the food and wine menu. There was a great relaxing yet buzzy atmosphere from the start; lovely quiet Spanish music and a real bonus that the space was used so that we weren't sitting on top of other diners which can feel like the case when some restaurants try to squeeze tables in. Two of us had paella which was very tasty with the right combination of rice to the other Ingrediebts. One of us had the trio of pork which was presented beautifully and very flavoursome. The puddings were very high standard- we'd recommend the tasting plate. All round happy diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!FoodieDined on 16/6/2012This restaurant was recommended to us by friends, but we were quite disappointed. It was very busy which gave a good atmosphere. however, the service was not up to standard as we had to ask for several things twice as they'd been forgotten. One of our party had duck which was overcooked and not as he'd ordered, but nothing was done and no adjustment on the bill either. We felt it was definitely overpriced for a meal which was nothing special. We are unlikely to dine there again!
- OlivafatbellyDined on 16/6/2012A lovely Saturday afternoon lunch, reasonably priced. All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in DevonDevonbarbDined on 9/6/2012This was probably the best meal we have had in Devon . This is quite a large restaurant but although we were one of the first to arrive it did not feel like an empty space. The service was excellent ,especially regarding the allergies my husband has. The staff could not have been more helpful. Food was beautifully presented and delicious. Couldn't fault any aspect of it. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Steak and chips...simples?nickthecustomerDined on 5/6/2012Scallops and Black pudding dressed with excess grease/oil and served with a sun-dried tomato? Tiny scallops which did not seem locally sourced? Both Steaks were tough and fatty and chargrilled using a grill that left burnt, deposits on the steak. The chips were limp and greasy. For £73 this meal was really disappointing...how can you get it so wrong for such a simple dish. My mushroom and blue cheese sauce was not a sauce at all...it was yet more grease with a dollop of blue cheese and some cooked mushrooms. Service was fine....just a disappointing experience. Sorry
- We had a great night sittingHilaryDined on 26/5/2012We had a great night sitting outside, the food was delicious and the staff very welcoming and professional. I highly recommend Oliva for a relaxed and enjoyable evening, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice friendly family runOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012A nice friendly family run restaurant with some adventuress dishes. Locally sourced produce make for excellent quality meat and fish.Special Features:
- Well appreciated eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012We went for the Wednesday tapas evening when Show of Hands were playing and we thought the evening was a great success. We marvelled at the food logistics as everyone had to be fed almost at once with a stunning variety of tapas. The staff were incredibly calm and collected (or so it seemed to us!)and the food exceptional. All tapas exceeded expectation but special mention must go to the brownies which all four of us voted the best we'd ever tasted. We will certainly be trying other evenings, such as the paella night. So well done all.....and we so enjoyed the band that we went to see them again on the Sunday at the rugby club with others!Special Features:
- Went to a special tapas nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012Went to a special tapas night with live music (Show of Hands) Excellent evening with friends, good food and plenty of it. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Went to a special tapas nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2012Went to a special tapas night with live music (Show of Hands) Excellent evening with friends, good food and plenty of it. Will definitely visit again.
- Welcome and friendliness excellent4diningDined on 1/5/2012Welcome and friendliness excellent and apparent immediately. Food and wine very good including a taster of wine to assist in choosing.My wife and I dined on two consecutive speciality evenings --- Excellent. (our third and fourth visits) A unanimous decision to visit again in the very near future.Special Features: