London, SW1X 7RNNeighbourhood:
SeafoodPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oneoonerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 020 7290 7101
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, International, French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Proyart
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar
A word from One-O-One Restaurant
Fish is the dish at One-O-One, Knightsbridge's most highly-acclaimed seafood restaurant. The atmosphere at lunchtime is buzzy, bright and fast. The evening brings a sea-change to cool, candlelit elegance, appreciated by its clientele of sophisticated adults. Chef Pascal Proyart draws inspiration from his childhood on the Brittany coast to create dishes like pan-roasted Norwegian white halibut and langoustine dumpling with Paimpol coco bean and truffle cassoulet and sauce Nantua, and Scottish beef fillet cooked lyonnaise with rich red burgundy sauce, morel mushrooms duxelles, sautéed potatoes. Excellent wine list, many by the glass. Both ingredients and surroundings are of the highest quality, and One-O-One is deeply committed to sustainably-sourced fish.Continued
Dress Code is smart casual. Destroyed pants, shorts and unclosed shoes would not be accepted.
Dress Code is smart casual. Destroyed pants, shorts and unclosed shoes would not be accepted.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
One-O-One Restaurant - Best restaurants in Knightsbridge ›
One-O-One Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since 26 November 2013
special occasions (71)fit for foodies (58)romance (51)business meals (46)outstanding value (21)sunday lunch (13)brunch (11)group bookings (9)pre/post theatre (5)disabled access (4)child friendly (4)good vegetarian options (3)outdoor eating (2)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- gabsDined on 22/11/2014When we arrived at the restaurant they had no record of our booking. After I showed the maître d' the email confirmation from Opentable instead of dealing with the situation and seeing whether he could seat us we were told to wait whilst other customers were shown to their table. The process of searing customers is somewhat drawn out and the uncertainty of not knowing whether we could have a table on a Saturday night was frustrating. Fortunately, we were given a table. I appreciate that this error may be partly due to a fault with Opentable's booking system but the manner in which the maître d' dealt with the was far from satisfactory. I have complained to the restaurant but they have not yet had the courtesy to respond. The other members of staff were friendly but the service was terribly slow - I do not think this is down to the staff but because of the procedure the restaurant makes them follow. We waited 30 minutes for a menu. The food was good but it is not as good as the hype surrounding the restaurant and I certainly do not think it should be in the top 20. Maybe we just had an unfortunate experience but we will not go back again.
- The 5 course tasting menu was exceptional valueFraserDined on 15/11/2014The food was, in my view, one Michelin star in every way and the bill was a very pleasant surprise despite the extravagant ingredients employed (Foie Gras, Scallops, Lobster etc). The slightly staid setting and lack of atmosphere meant that I wouldn't class it as a special occasion restaurant. However, everything else was very much of that standard especially the excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodNielsenDined on 15/11/2014We have never been disappointed going to One O One, always fabulous food, excellent service and nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch at 1-0-1ArchilochusDined on 14/11/2014We had the 3 course/£27 menu at lunchtime. The starters were very imaginative and the main fish course beautifully cooked. The desserts were nice but perhaps a little less interesting. The coffee and chocolates were lovely. Overall we thought the meal was lovely. The drinks are fairly expensive so if you are having a celebration beware. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing atmosphereJossyDined on 13/11/2014Great food, great service BUT........... no atmosphere. Only 4 tables were occupied on a Thursday evening in Knightsbridge so not sure why this restaurant is not as popular as it should be.
- What a lovely experienceRoomey17Dined on 12/11/2014Wanted to try this restaurant for a while but needed to test out the open table special 3 course meal. What a fantastic meal, the small appetiser was a delight, the Wild Mushroom Risotto was delicious and the Sea Bream grilled with perfect fries and a small side salad was perfectly cooked. The last part of this orgasmic meal was the Apple Pie, unlike a normal pie but beautifully presented nevertheless and delicious . A glass of Sauvignon Blanc with my meal and this was as perfect as you can make it. 3 courses for £30 what great value in Knightsbridge. Ensure you book up to 7-30pm to get the deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jamal's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Exceeded my expectations by far, definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 18/10/2014Would have been almost perfect if the old waiter hadn't made unpleasant and misplaced remarks how the meal has been consumed. The youngster waiters were the most professional and friendly. Experience and self assurance does not entitle you to say everything.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish foodStephanRDined on 18/10/2014Not a great fan on fish but highly recommend this restaurant for their quality and selectionSpecial Features:
- Nice meal with a good offerlove2eatoutDined on 15/10/2014Came here for my partner's birthday meal. We used an OpenTable offer and it was very good value. The food was lovely and the staff were very friendly. The restaurant was very quiet, which wasn't a problem for us but did mean it was lacking a bit of atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service and foodcharlotte1984Dined on 15/10/2014The only thing better than the food was the service. We had the set menu dinner and it was exceptional value for money. The wines were a bit expensive but it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningBeNGVIPDined on 3/10/2014Great service and lovely food. I am looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentbrazchefDined on 2/10/2014Tasting menu is really good especially at 50% off, however halibut was a touch overcooked and the dessert didn't win me over. Def recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at 101 knightsbridgeSherryVIPDined on 27/9/2014It was a great experience to have lunch at 101 with friends that i haven't been in touch for 10+ years. Food and service were both amazing, defintely recommend to other friends.Special Features:
- Definitely to be recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/9/2014It was our second time to One-O-One and we thoroughly enjoyed it, so we brought friends this time! Lovely relaxed atmosphere, attentive service, and excellent food.
- Outstandinghard2pleaseDined on 20/9/2014What an incredible experience from start to finish. We were greeted at the door by a smiley face that guided us through to our table. The Maître D was prompt to our table with water and a choice of bread, accompanied with non-salted or seaweed butter. The Maître D explained the courses and offered her recommendations, all with a beautiful smile. My partner began with scallops, beautifully presented and truly delicious, whilst I have a salmon carpaccio. We both enjoyed sea bream for main course and the explosion of flavours was quite incredible. I finished off with a strawberry and passion fruit pavlova, unbelievable explosions of flavour ran round my pallete. A truly amazing experience that we will no doubt be back to sample again.Special Features:
- kt5306cotDined on 14/9/2014Very disappointed that two days before the confirmed reservation, I was called by the restaurant and informed that they are closed on a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 13/9/2014Scallops and salmon are nice! The waitress provided excellent service!Special Features:
- Early dinnerTheRosesDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant was very quiet when we arrived with only another two couples eating and surprisingly remained quiet all evening. The waiters were friendly and attentive, offering suggestions for wine which was actually one of the cheaper selections and very good. The starters, main course and sweets were excellent and portion size excellent. Hopefully it filled up later on as people don't know what they are missing!Special Features:
- One-O-One fabulous diningFoodjunkieDined on 5/9/2014Leave plenty of time for your meal at One-O-One, our experience lasted about 2 1/2 hours. Service was excellent and the staff very pleasant. We had the 3 courses and a bellini for £35 deal, and although the menu is limited to 3 choices per course, I would happily eaten everything on the menu. We will be returning to try the tasting menu which sounds divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Seafood at One O OnegastrozachDined on 1/9/2014The elaborate, imaginative fish and seafood dishes tasted fresh and were artistically presented. Wine choices to match were fresh, clean, young and mostly French wines, that complemented the dishes well. A californian pinot noir was the only new world wine on the tasting menu. Portions were medium sized - enough to satisfy without becoming bloated. The toptable discount applied to the food but not the wine selections.Special Features:
- Took the tasting menu with wineJonDDined on 30/8/2014We received great service, interesting and very enjoyable food too. The somellier's choices were interesting and, while we didn't totally agree, he was happy to discuss his rationale which helped improve what was already a very enjoyable meal. Happy to recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food! Fantastic serviceMoungersDined on 28/8/2014The tasting menu was fantastic with the Open Table offer. All the dishes were like a la carte size. At the end of the meal, we were all extremely full! All the staff were very jolly and made us feel real at home. Had a thoroughly great time.Special Features:
- I love it hereThePirateDined on 25/8/2014I don't really mind for myself, but lunch is never that busy here when I go and they deserve more. This is without question the best value restaurant you will find anywhere. Great food with quality ingredients. I find the décor and ambience to be a chic 70s home from home. Friendly efficient staff. Super wine list and you can indulge yourself with the price of the great set menu. With the consistency I find here I always leave smiling, which is what makes this one of my favourite restaurants :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentballetdancerDined on 16/8/2014Had the 3 course opentable set dinner with bellini. Great value. Nothing could be faulted. Classy ambience, quiet, not crowded on a Sat evening. Tasty, fresh food. Excellent wait staff, but particularly enjoyed banter with Santo, who makes great cocktails!Special Features:
- Great food but with a price tagAchtelVIPDined on 14/8/2014The food at 101 is exceptional and you pay for that privilege. The one thing that was slightly off-putting was the fact it was so empty that the waiters' attention seemed to be on us all the time, which was bordering (ever so slightly) on intrusive.Special Features:
- Fantastic fishLike2eatDined on 11/8/2014Chose the taster menu with the wine package and it was fantastic - best quality fish and shellfish cooked to perfection. Couldn't have done better myself and I'm a fishermans wife!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pascal is on fire!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014I used to go to One-o-One more often, but have not been there in recent years, at least since the refurbishment of the restaurant. Tried the tasting menu. The food was outstanding! And the service was very friendly. Super fresh ingredients, and the menu reflects the genius and passion of the chef! I sincerely think that, after dining here once again, majority of the restuarants in London should kindly return their Michelin stars.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTracieHDined on 9/8/2014We booked the Mer De Ter menu and with wine flight and it was one of the nicest meals I have had in a long time. Each course came and we oohed and aahed over it thinking it could not get any better....but it did. The food was outstanding as was the wine pairing. I must also mention the staff who were friendly and made us feel very welcome. Thank you for a lovely night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingAnonVIPDined on 8/8/2014I'm a regular and a big fan of pascals good. Will always recommend! Every aspect is of 5 star quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodSoulDined on 2/8/2014I had a terrific dinner at One-0-One last Saturday. I took advantage of the 50% offer for the Terre & Mer menu which proved to be one of the best dinners I have ever had in view of the cost. Please note however, that most wines on the extensive winelist are quire expensive and even the cheapest bottles on the list may top the price of the menu! The 5-course menu was skillfully prepared with very fresh and expensive ingredients such as lobster, scallops, foie gras halibut, topbeef..The food was light and very tasty. The service was attentive and swift. This was my fifth visit and I will definitely return in spite of the rather cold atmosphere of this often rather empty dining room.Special Features:
- Great friendly serviceboxhaveDined on 2/8/2014One O One was not what i expected, although not sure what i expected, but the decor was subtle, not overbearing and a spacious setting, considering the location. The staff were friendly, and catered appropriately to our needs, especially with my pregnant wife’s demands for bread & butter. I hadn't told them that it was her birthday during booking, so when they found out, she got a complimentary tray with a lit candle and assorted chocolates which she loved. The food was good, i had the duck for starter and cod for main and the particularly well presented deserts which were delicious. She had lobster, and said it was the best she ever had. I would go there again, especially as they can accommodate Children, we noted a couple with a toddler.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, excellent servicenataliaDined on 28/7/2014The food is simply amazing, we went for the tasting menu and was a great mix of flavours and unbelievable value (we has a special offer) especially considering the quality of cuisine. Also, we greatly appreciated that the chef was able to customise the menu for us as one of us does not eat garlic and the other meat. Great service and fabulous venue. cant wish for anything better than this!Special Features:
- chaneryDined on 25/7/2014Food excellent. Such a nice place to go with a very good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One-0-One restaurantNkrumahDined on 20/7/2014Very nice food and very attentive waitress. Surprisingly it was very quiet when we went. I would recommend it as a good place to good seafood in the Knightsbridge areaSpecial Features:
- Dinner in the cityalbrtrvwrDined on 18/7/2014We chose the a-la-carte menu and went for sea food only. Everything was delicious, although a bit on the expensive side. For a great value try to book with a discount when reserving on OpenTable. The service was outstanding and we got a warm welcome despite being casually dressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- standards slipping - disappointingbolotxusDined on 18/7/2014We went for a b'day lunch.The ambience was okay, altho' there were guests in shorts,t-shirts, & flip-flops.Wines were over-priced (>150% in some cases, & worse 12.5% service charge on top!!).Food portions were quite stingy,& compared to my previous visits no longer innovative or thrilling.That said, the food was still quite tasty.Service was patchy-we had to catch the waiter's eye several times, but staff were friendly.Despite calling in advance to confirm the OT offer, it was not in the bill, & so I have had to write requesting a refund.PP himself was in the kitchen that day-we saw him greet one of the other tables. I remember having several memorable meals here, so disappointing that it has lost it's shine - a real shame!Special Features:
- Great flavoursTwofoodiesDined on 15/7/2014Booked this for myself and a friend as we were in the area. Very good food, quiet dining room and value for money on the set menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good service... butSloaneboyVIPDined on 10/7/2014A fantastic restaurant. Food to mich star level. However, there were some issues with double counting in service charge on the bill. Staff should be a bit more careful with that. But if you ask if I would want to come again without any toptable deals, I will think again, as its not a cheap place to eat.Special Features:
- heavenly!KC33Dined on 29/6/2014Celebrating special occasion with my visiting father, the dinner at 101 was absolutely fantastic. The surf and turf starter (especially the foie gras) was truly heavenly. Grilled dover sole was perfection on a dish. The chocolate brownie with salted caramel icecream was super scrumptious and a perfect way to end a remarkedly delightful dinner! Service is outstanding as usual. Will definitely return again, especially while the toptable offer of 30% off food lasts!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.