6 Little Portland Street
London, W1W 7JENeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ora-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076370125
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, 6:00pm - 11:00pm .
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Gluten-free Menu, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from ORA Restaurant
Surrounded by fashionable boutiques, sleek salons and cool clubs, the ORA Restaurant is the perfect addition to London’s Little Portland Street. Hidden away just off of Regent Street, ORA is ideal for leisurely post shopping dinners or a sumptuous bite to eat before finding one’s way to the bustling bars of the West End. In keeping with its surroundings ORA is beautifully appointed with a very contemporary décor inspired by the high end fashion found hanging on the rails in nearby designer stores. ORA’s menu is packed with authentic Thai classics, including curries, rice and noodle dishes as well as delectable starters that also serve as great tapas style dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ORA Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not bad at all..DollyDined on 11/11/2012A really nice restaurant, would definitely go again. Decor, food, service all really good. Slightly higher prices than we'd normally pay for a Thai, the 30% discount would have helped had we not blown the saving on cocktails which were delicious by the way! The only thing I think that let's this restaurant down is the paper napkins, when you're paying top dollar for food and drink it's the finer details that justify the cost.Special Features:
- Good but not brilliantwehowDined on 9/11/2012Service was pretty good and they were very good with a requirement for gluten free options. As a previous reviewer stated the meun is not great for vegetarians. There were four of us dining and whilst all our starters were a bit hit and miss we all enjoyed our main courses. We thought it was pretty expensive for what it was even with 20% off food. We also thought the restaurant didn't have much ambience - it tries to be too trendy which for us didn't really work. It was nice though not to have loud music.
- Food was fresh and very tasty,ShayraDined on 9/11/2012Food was fresh and very tasty, Im still craving the King prawn starter. It was a group dinner I had arrnged for work lot, eveyrone gave their thumbs up by the end of the night. I will definately be going back there soon. I have to admit it is abit pricy so will only go when there are offers on lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great CocktailsMayaDined on 7/11/2012food was really good and the cocktails were great. Service was good and overall we had a good time. Recommend going againSpecial Features:
- Not really authenticRespiratoryresearchVIPDined on 6/11/2012Nice ambience - mediocre but large portions so good for sharing Tempura batter would never pass muster in Asia
- Bad offerDiner1Dined on 6/11/2012I selected this restaurant because it had 30% off food however when we got there we were told that this didn't apply to over half the meals and rice which was rubbish. Also the place had a really strong smell of inscence which was too overpowering. Disappointing over all
- Slightly difficult for vegetariansAnonymousDined on 2/11/2012I went to ORA to catch up with some friends, and the ambience cannot be faulted. The only issue for me as a vegetarian is that a lot of the options that used be vegetarian now contain either fish or oyster sauce. Although they were very helpful, I was only able to eat one particular main dish. Waiters were very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent mealMarleyDined on 2/11/2012We ate here as a group of 10....two families together. The service was quite slow and the food just ok. Value is medium. It was 25 pounds per head for a starter and main.....and we were drinking alcohol so quite expensive I think!!!!Special Features:
- EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTINGSUSANDined on 2/11/2012VERY POOR QUALITY FOOD OVERALL. FOOD WAS NOT HOT EITHER.
- ReviewOxfordDined on 1/11/2012Food was excellent. Service was ok however extremely dissappointed with the discount applied, first it was missed off then they applied 20% discount which was an incorrect calculation i only noticed when i left the restaurant. They had also done this to another group who queried the bill as i noticed this when i left. Did not like this and would not recomnend it.Special Features:
- Good serviceDrupsDined on 1/11/2012Second time and the food was amazing. Good veg options too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey but deliciousbee10Dined on 26/10/2012good service, good food, limited vegetarian options but all we did was ask and they were able to make a veggie option.Special Features:
- Nice food but no atmosphereCWestDined on 26/10/2012Lovely venue, good food, but for a Friday night it was empty.
- Great Thai FoodReshmavDined on 26/10/2012This is the second time that I have been to Ora and I enjoyed every dish that I tried. I will always recommend this restaurant to my friends and family as the food was very tasty and the service was great. However it is slightly more expensive then I would like it to be. Overall a great place and I am sure that I will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food and bad serviceanonDined on 25/10/2012We were in a group of 5 and my friend ordered two starters instead of a main, but clearly asked for it to be brought at the same time as everyone else's food. You'd also think this would be obvious given that the rest of us weren't having starters and she hadn't ordered a main. Despite this they brought out her food first. We queried it and they said they usually brought starters first (helpful!) She then had to eat her food whilst the rest of us looked on hungry and then once she'd pretty much finished, they brought the rest of us our food so we ate whilst she looked on. We also had issues with the aircon unit blowing cold air directly on us which we had to ask 3 times to be turned down/off. Food was average and not worth the poor service.
- Starters (pork dumplings andnic107ukDined on 25/10/2012Starters (pork dumplings and vegetable tempura) were a bit disappointing (too oily and the dumplings were tasteless) but mains were good (although also quite oily). Service was friendly although I got the impression they try and turn the tables around very quickly.Special Features:
- Great food - and nice spaceredrunnerDined on 24/10/2012The food here was excellent - loved it. And the cocktails also very good. Will be back.
- Didn't disappointUMNBDined on 18/10/2012Yum food and wine reasonably priced in the right location. Great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for quick tasty lunchsamc3112Dined on 18/10/2012The £9.99 2-course lunch menu is good value and very tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant, pushy managerIanDDined on 13/10/2012This is a great restaurant. this food is very good and reasonably priced. There is a lot of choice and everything we tried was delicious. The waiting staff is very friendly and efficient. Always looking out for you. On the minus side: the manager is extremely annoying. Very pushy. He is always trying to up-sell you something. It's a restaurant, not a flea market. Once you get rid of him, you can enjoy a fantastic restaurant with your friends.Special Features:
- Okay !FoodieDined on 13/10/2012We have been to Ora before. Food was okay but small portions. Good serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent service & great foodFoodFanDined on 12/10/2012ORA is a lovely place to go for a good food and a chat with some friends. The atmosphere is very relaxed with some light background music (so i can actually hear what my friends have to say). The food was excellent, wonderful fresh flavours and excellent service. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I will definitely be going again and would recommend ORA to a friend.Special Features:
- A nice surpriseJimCDined on 10/10/2012Ora was a bit of an accident but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Good Thai food and good service and a pleasant evening all round.Special Features:
- Charmless and tastelesssaladfiendDined on 9/10/2012Although it was a Tuesday night I dont think you can blame that entirely for the utterly depressing atmosphere. There were only about three tables eating and these were spread out all around the restaurant making everything look even more empty. The drinks were not inspiring- gin & tonic was flat and tasteless. Then the food came, starters not too bad (fishcakes were OK) but thai salad was so hot that no one could eat more than a couple of mouthfuls. The biggest issue was that 4 of 8 main courses were not only tasteless but luke warm at best. Even with a Toptable 30% discount it seemed over priced. Not great basically.
- not impressedveryhappycustomerDined on 5/10/2012disappointed at my experience at this restaurant. i called beforehand to ensure there were veggie options as our party were mainly vegetarians and were assured this is fine. when we were ordering they had no veggie food available at all and left hungry!Special Features:
- Great value for a lunchNic6876VIPDined on 4/10/2012The food and service was good but the restaurant was a little quiet - not enough people must know about this place!Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for good value and good thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, food hit and miss!crazydinerDined on 29/9/2012I went to ORA on impluse with my wife on a Sunday evening. It was mostly empty, dark ambience with a nice feel. Staff were helpful and attentative. The Mixed platter starters were fantastic and very tasty! I had a fried cod dish for the main that was far too sweet in taste, was overcooked, and was not generally great. My wife's Pad Thai was also sweeter than we normally get it from other places. We had a traditiional Thai dessert that was also very tasty. Would recommend the restaurant as a good overall expereince, but just be aware that some dishes may be hit & miss and also may be overly sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Yum!FifiBamDined on 21/9/2012This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and I will continue to go back again and again. The food is sooooooooooooooo tasty. We had Pad Thai and Thai Green Curry, for the starter we went for the platter - was delicious! Service was very good, the ambience was good but maybe they could turn the air con off as it is not hot outside...It wasn't as busy as it deserved to be for a Friday night but that suited us! I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nom nomElmoDined on 17/9/2012The food is delicious and large portions too. Lovely staff.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerbirthdaygirlDined on 14/9/2012i had made a reservation with ORA on the pretext that it was my birthday dinner.I even spoke to one of the receptionist there confirming that there will be a complimentary cupcake with a candle. Food was good ambience was great though besides us 7 people there was another group of 7 for a birthday dinner as well. In the end i did not get my complimentary cake and when i asked for it they said we don't offer any such thing and on top of that they told me the kitchen is closed. i was quite disappointed Will definitely go there again but not for special occasions.Special Features:
- Good Food...dazzler696216Dined on 14/9/2012...this restaurant has a plentiful menu and provides good quality Thai food - just make sure your bill reflects the offer you originally signed up for. We took advantage of the 30% off deal, this was clearly stated on screen in the restaurant when we arrived, however when the bill came it showed only a 20% reduction. Maybe just a mistake and the staff were happy to correct the error. Also maybe this is a London thing but all bills include service (though optional), seems a bit presumptious to me!! On this occaision we did pay the service charge as the staff were very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badSommsuDined on 4/9/2012Food was tasty. The restaurant was empty, however we were there quite late on a tuesday evening. Staff were friendly, although for both starters and mains the food arrived on the table and we didnt have any plates. Offer is ok - between 4 of us we ended up saving just over £20. But we probably ordered more than we would have usually in order for the offer to be valid. Nevertheless, it was a decent mealI would recommend this to a friend.
- A little more attention neededAshaDined on 1/9/2012Despite being Saturday it was a quiet night for Ora - so you'd expect service to be attentive. We ordered vegetarian food and got served a chicken dish! Disappointing however they redeemed themselves by replacing our entire order... Food once corrected was lovely however I unfortunately remember it for the mishap!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thai food but a little priceyLikesfoodDined on 1/9/2012Lovely staff, delicious food and cocktails though the dessert menu was a little lacking.Special Features:
- Excellent ThaiskskDined on 31/8/2012Have been to many thai restaurants in London, this by far is the best for quality of food which is very tasty. Each dish has its own unique flavour. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not fantastichungrymonkeyDined on 31/8/2012good food and friendly staff. not sure if it is trying to be a cocktail bar or a restaurant or both. overall good, but lacks a bit of ambiance and without the discount it is relatively expensive for a thai restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and decent foodHavaikaDined on 31/8/2012We booked a large table for a reunion with friends (who now also have husbands, wives, kids, the full shebang). Staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating from the start. Food was good, quite a section on the menu with a reasonable cocktail list. It's a fairly large space with room for groups or more romantic dinners alike, and location is 5 mins from Oxford street so very convenient to get to (although surprisingly not too busy).Special Features:
- Nice but pricey for what is.AGoxDined on 31/8/2012Nice but pricey for what is. Given the food was only just better than average I found it pricey even with TT discount. It's a nice place with good service but bearing in mind that it was empty when we were there. The only table for most of our time there. I assume the ambience is nice when more full and service not compromised. Not sure I'd go again in a hurry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulPlaga01Dined on 30/8/2012Thoroughly enjoyed our time there, the staff made sure our needs were catered to. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value if you have a voucherMayaDined on 27/8/2012Went to this restaurant with some friends for sunday lunch. Restaurant was absolutely empty, we were the only table there the whole time (left around 3:30). Food was nice but not the best thai I have ever had. We had the 30% off food voucher so good value. Woudn't pay the full price for the food as I don't think it's worth it.