55 Marylebone High Street
London, W1U 5RBNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orrery-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076168000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Igor Tymchyshyn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Orrery offers classic French cuisine with seasonally changing menus of exceptional quality and full of the tastes of France.
The menu has been designed by Head Chef Igor Tymchyshyn, and showcases the most delicious flavours the region has to offer. Culinary highlights include the Tournedos a la Rossini (Beef Fillet) and Wild Sea Bass aux agrumes, served with stuffed courgette flower and sauce vierge.
- Entertainment: Orrery hosts Chamapagne & Wine tasting events on the second Thursday of every month.
- Special Events: Orrery offers private dining, exclusive hire of our rooftop terrace and also exclusive hire of the full restaurant for special occasions.
A word from Orrery
In London’s chic and trendy enclave of Marylebone where designer shops vie for space with smart restaurants, Orrery provides a relaxed and stylish venue for shoppers, local residents and business people alike to enjoy very high quality classic French cooking. In keeping with the relaxed charm of this historic quarter, Orrery is housed in an old stable block, the space remade into something elegant and delightful with arched windows, a glass roofed area and a lively bar next door. The Orrery restaurant roof terrace is one of London’s great outdoor dining spaces. In fact, both the bar and sunny terrace are two of London’s finest sipping and basking spots, a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the West End. The menu is traditional French with classic dishes made exciting by inventive touches. The wine list is among London’s best and most extensive, running to more than fifty pages, and the head sommelier knows his stuff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Orrery - Best restaurants in Marylebone ›
Orrery reviews from OpenTable diners
632 reviews since 23 October 2013
special occasions (399)fit for foodies (325)business meals (290)romance (220)sunday lunch (118)outstanding value (80)outdoor eating (72)group bookings (55)pre/post theatre (54)good vegetarian options (51)brunch (46)disabled access (39)afternoon tea (22)child friendly (12)Show More
- VickyDined on 17/10/2014Myself and boyfriend ate at The Orrery on Fri 17th October and were disappointed with the food - it was cooked ok, not sure about the mix of citrus with the fish meals (salmon served with grapefruit). We expected something a bit more special for the price of the food and did not think it was good value for money.Special Features:
- Excellent dinning experience.LunchyVIPDined on 16/10/2014Fabulous! Everything a good restaurant should be. A stylish and bright dinning room with welcoming, knowledgeable staff and outstanding food. This was our first visit, but we regularly visit other restaurants in the D&D group, and this lived up to our high expectations. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orrery maintains superb standardSamplItDined on 15/10/2014Early evening dinner doesn't come much better than this. From the friendly professional welcome to the helping on with coats afterwards, this was an object lesson in how to make a dinner occasion special. To describe our starters as 'smoked salmon' and 'crab' does neither dish justice - especially after two amuse bouches and wonderful fresh bread. Fish and tournedos mains were superb, with wines choreographed to perfection. The Orrery is a bit of an 'elder statesman' in Marylebone now - on this evidence, it deserves to be there a great deal longer: no wonder it was pretty full on a mid-week evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodfranbearDined on 12/10/2014Second time eating here and food as tasty as before. Very rich but delicious. Sunday lunch menu offers good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dryBulbDined on 10/10/2014We had a perfectly nice 3 courses for £30 deal. The menu was varied and the starters in particular were all very tempting. The wine was very expensive. The atmosphere was very sterile and dry. The service, while very attentive, was let down by constant mistakes and misunderstandings related to the staff's poor command of English. This was a bit of a let down in an otherwise good performance. I would definately return to this restaurant. We had a really good meal and a nice time but if you are paying top dollar then it demands a top dollar experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionEDMNDined on 10/10/2014We were offered 3 special menus only! Good food, good wine, all very expensive! Enjoyable evening all round.Special Features:
- Orrery MarylebonecharlieuniDined on 8/10/2014I was particularly impressed by the excellent service and the additions included in the deal, like the amuse bouche and the offer of a second helping of chocolates with the coffee ( which we didn't need). The dining room is very pleasant with views down onto the High Street and an airy feel.The food itself was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orrery on SundayRylandsDined on 5/10/2014I chose Orrery to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. Our party numbered six people. We were all very impressed with the restaurant. The Sunday menu was good value, even with wine and cocktails, offered plenty of choice and the one gluten-intolerant member of our party was very well looked after. All the waiters were wonderfully attentive and helpful. The food was beautifully cooked and presented, the ambience in the restaurant was peaceful and relaxing. Altogether a memorable evening.Special Features:
- MB PaddingtonMBPaddingtonDined on 5/10/2014Comfortable seating and tables just far enough away from eachother to give you some privacy. Service was attentive and the food was tasty and well presented.Special Features:
- Amazing!SallyDined on 4/10/2014Went for the 3 courses for £30 option, which was amazing value for money! I had the lobster bisque to start, beef fillet main and apple tartin for dessert. Each dish was cooked to perfection and the service was attentive. I loved the little amuse bouches I between each course and was a lovely gesture. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Lovely afternoonfoodieDined on 3/10/2014Once again a great luncjh for our anniversary. Good food and service and nice atmosphereSpecial Features:
- TRfoodieVIPDined on 2/10/2014I organised a meal for five work colleagues and we all really enjoyed it, staff were attentive, food was good, nothing was too much trouble, it was not my first vista of will certainly not be my last !Special Features:
- Autumn Sunday lunchdgregcDined on 28/9/2014First visit; overall really enjoyable. Beautifully cooked and presented food with sensible portions. Good wine list, with 375ml carafe a neat idea (we had a well weighted Monterey pinot noir). Staff attentive and friendly (esp the Maitre D) while it is a light and attractively decorated room.Special Features:
- So relaxing!localdinerDined on 26/9/2014Visited the Orrery on the Open Table offer and had the set menu. The food was superb and the service is exemplary - the staff are friendly but just formal enough to make you feel pampered. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StineDined on 26/9/2014Amazing just absolutely amazing good and service!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambiencejohneilDined on 26/9/2014The location is great. The dining room light and airy with a great ambience. The food is excellent. Fresh ingredients, well cooked and presented.Special Features:
- Highly enjoyableVanessaDined on 24/9/2014Excellent value 3 course lunch at The Orrery. Beautiful presented plates, thoughtful portion size, interesting amuse bouche of mushrooms, celeriac purée and foam and attentive waiters. Nice touches include: not being given a cloakroom ticket, and the right coat being returned to me; waiters who walk discretely ahead of you to the loo and open two doors so you are not left standing wondering where to go, or having to ask, and wine by the 375 carafe not just a bottle and an excellent cheese board. Only minor gripe was plates whipped away as soon as we'd finished and the next course served straight away. A little pause between courses would be have been appreciated but when we asked for this, it was certainly acknowledged graciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely weekday dinnerYoliDined on 23/9/2014booked the 3 courses £30 with my bf for our anniversary at 1830. arrived slightly early which restaurant wasn't ready, friendly greeted by FOH staff and asked for a drink in roof terrace. love the outdoor atmosphere, great area to stay while waiting for tables. For dinner, started with a warm melting cheese puff & bread *amazing butter, lovely wild mushroom with light cream topped *forgot the name(all those weren't on the menu) then starter, main*beef tail was amazing & lemon mousse jelly to clean your taste before dessert, lovely! ordered tea after dessert & received the happy anniversary words plate from them. thanks a lot! service was amazing* credit Anthony. 2 cocktails 3 courses 1 sparkling water 2 teas £110 For sure will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitChollyDined on 23/9/2014Had 3 courses from the A La Carte menu (gazpacho, beef and chocolate mousse). Great flavours and filling portions. Efficient, attentive and relaxed service. Cannot find fault in any aspect of the meal and don't doubt I'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine dining oasisMenuMuncherDined on 22/9/2014Wonderful surprise as you climb the stairs. They've just got it right. Wonderful ambience, great service, excellent wines and fabulous food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicecapnslashDined on 21/9/2014The menu was relatively short but the choice was still achingly difficult to decide. Each dish was presented beautifully, and the quality of the food was excellent. The Waiter and Sommelier were both went out of their way to explain the respective options, and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orrey,maryleboneLUVLONRESTDined on 20/9/20144th time,minor issue that was dealt with great professional expertise befitting Orrey.Consistent quality,presentation and feel good factor Well done againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sylvia DavisDavisDined on 19/9/2014An excellent lunch with good food, attentive service and a real outdoor terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favouritesMarkVIPDined on 14/9/2014It was not the first time in Orrery and definitely not the last. Food was superb, the risotto a delight. Thanks to the team for the nice service!Special Features:
- Brum66Dined on 11/9/2014I visited Orrery on a Thursday evening with an old friend. I arrived early and was shown to the upstairs terrace. I had a large briefcase with me and asked if there was a cloakroom. The lady at reception said she would take care of it. She took it away without the need for a ticket. A small touch but nice. When my partner arrived we were seated and chose our courses and wine quickly. I asked the waiter to check if my choices were gluten free (as I am a coeliac) and he was able to quickly confirm that they were. He then brought some gluten free bread to the table. The overall level of service and the quality of the food was excellent. It was a great meal but at £196 for two (including a bottle of wine and pre-dinner drinks) was a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014With my sister over on a flying visit from NZ I needed somewhere for lunch that was special but not pretentious. The Orrery certainly delivered. The three course lunch [part of the Evening Standard deal] was fantastic. Couldn't fault it. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, lovely environmentFoodieDined on 8/9/2014Food was lovely, wine is quite expensive though and without the toptable discount I think it would be difficult to justify the expense regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avramDined on 8/9/2014excellent, creative food, very good, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely sunday eveningfoodie4lifeDined on 7/9/2014My second visit and it did not disappoint. Staff are friendly and take the time to answer any questions you may have regarding the menu or wines. Our waiter suggested that we share the plates, so it became almost like a tasting menu. Each dish was well presented and flavorsome too. Overall a lovely meal in a nice setting.Special Features:
- Splendid food and serviceGlostershireDined on 7/9/2014My girlfriend and I had Sunday lunch. The food and service on the smoking terrace were outstandingly good. Especially enjoyed the cheeseboard and the amuse-bouche!Special Features:
- orerryemmetDined on 7/9/2014This is a great restaurant which just gets better each year. The food and service are outstanding. Sunday lunch is exceptionally good value. Add to this a wine list that is comprehensive and offers multiple bottles at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Menu gourmandStreamdwellerDined on 6/9/2014My wife and I had dinner here on a Saturday evening when the dining room had a real buzz. We opted for the menu gourmand with matching wine and were not disappointd. From the seared scallops to the tournedos the food was excellent and not overfacing. The wines selected for us matched the food very well with an interesting introduction to each wine from the sommelier. I have eaten here (both lunch and dinner) on previous occassions and it remains a favourite.Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceAPariDined on 6/9/2014Lovely food, nice atmosphere, amazing service. Felt very spoilt by the whole experienceSpecial Features:
- PerfectionSocialFoodieDined on 6/9/2014I first visited the Orrery through work for a colleague's leaving lunch and loved it so much that I returned and treated a friend for her birthday. The second time my friend and I sat on the terrace which was beautiful in the evening sun. The service is impeccable. There isn't anything they won't help you with and they endeavour to cater for every need. I mentioned to the waiter that I had only returned for the foccacia but when they served the breads there wasn't any. However, as soon as there was some baked they brought some especially to our table. Such a small detail but it really made the evening more delightful. It was a great atmosphere to celebrate a birthday and catch up with a close friend. I would recommend this place to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Cuisine & rooftop terrace!rozzyDined on 5/9/2014The rooftop terrace & gorgeous cuisine is the best kept secret in London.Superb food (try the sea bass with horseradish and chives), amuse bouche & palate cleansers. Unstinting with truffles! Haute French cuisine but without pretence.Worthy of a Michelin star(s).Locally sourced seafood.Many veg options.Extensive. wine list.Service knowledgeable & first class Manager/maître D professional & welcoming. Roof terrace was beautiful, intimate and airy with tables nicely spaced, open all year round, weather permitting. Main dining room+cosy area both upstairs terrace and downstairs for drinks--downstairs feels clubbier. Highly recommended for a romantic gourmet but not overly precious dinner, away from noise and flash.A wonderful discovery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent servicesammyjoDined on 5/9/2014The Orrery always delivers on service and great food. We have always had the set menu which is excellent and we have noticed that the staff do not distinguish between the set menu diners and the a la carte diners. They make you feel special whatever menu you are using.Special Features:
- Good FoodFoodie10VIPDined on 4/9/2014Orrery is a very welcoming place and the food and service was very good. It was sadly lacking in atmosphere as it had a lot of empty tables that evening! We were tempted to eat outdoors but there was only one table being used so opted to eat in the main restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic flavours in the coldHolgerDined on 4/9/2014We had a business dinner at Orrery. Upon entering you are guided in a an architectural challenging room - long and narrow. This results in a table arrangement with tables long both side of a corridor - not the most innovative concept. The food was exceptional with very rich flavours, starting with profiterole with melted cheese, so a perfectly cooked lamp with crisp outer layer and still rose at the inside. Nice selection of wines, although the household Bordeaux and Borgogne wines are overpriced. Service has a tendency to err on the arrogant side so the feeling of a warm welcome was missed.Special Features:
- Noisywhat4Dined on 3/9/2014Very slow service in bar area prior to meal Very noisy-over crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food.BennittoDined on 3/9/2014Lovely food although it was very quiet at the start of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.