55 Marylebone High Street
London, W1U 5RBNeighbourhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orrery-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 020 7616 8000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Igor Tymchyshyn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Orrery offers classic French cuisine with seasonally changing menus of exceptional quality and full of the tastes of France.
The menu has been designed by Head Chef Igor Tymchyshyn, and showcases the most delicious flavours the region has to offer. Culinary highlights include the Tournedos a la Rossini (Beef Fillet) and Wild Sea Bass aux agrumes, served with stuffed courgette flower and sauce vierge.
- Entertainment: Orrery hosts Chamapagne & Wine tasting events on the second Thursday of every month.
- Special Events: Orrery offers private dining, exclusive hire of our rooftop terrace and also exclusive hire of the full restaurant for special occasions.
A word from Orrery
In London’s chic and trendy enclave of Marylebone where designer shops vie for space with smart restaurants, Orrery provides a relaxed and stylish venue for shoppers, local residents and business people alike to enjoy very high quality classic French cooking. In keeping with the relaxed charm of this historic quarter, Orrery is housed in an old stable block, the space remade into something elegant and delightful with arched windows, a glass roofed area and a lively bar next door. The Orrery restaurant roof terrace is one of London’s great outdoor dining spaces. In fact, both the bar and sunny terrace are two of London’s finest sipping and basking spots, a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the West End. The menu is traditional French with classic dishes made exciting by inventive touches. The wine list is among London’s best and most extensive, running to more than fifty pages, and the head sommelier knows his stuff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Orrery - Best restaurants in Marylebone ›
Orrery reviews from OpenTable diners
627 reviews since 22 November 2013
special occasions (405)fit for foodies (318)business meals (289)romance (222)sunday lunch (120)outdoor eating (76)outstanding value (74)pre/post theatre (58)good vegetarian options (55)group bookings (54)disabled access (41)brunch (38)afternoon tea (20)child friendly (11)Show More
- Light and cheerful.DaveDined on 17/11/2014At lunchtime, light floods in through the large windows which also give a pleasant view of trees and the churchyard opposite. The restaurant is impeccably run with friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:
- EnjoyablePattyDined on 16/11/2014Nice experience. The service was very attentive, the food tasty and very attractively presented. What I really liked is the peaceful calm ambiance....great for having over table conversation without raising our voices. It was the perfect place for a lunch with relatives who I hadn't seen for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 15/11/2014The dinner was perfect. Excellent food, well presented, and first class attentive but unobtrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- London at its bestRestaurant4UDined on 14/11/2014Central London dining for those with taste, who like taste. Balanced cooking with flare but without flash. Always a good ,dependable restaurant and cannot fault the service. Attentive without being obtrusive. A pleasure to come to, whenever I am up in town.Special Features:
- Excellent set lunch foodJamesDined on 12/11/2014The restaurant is wonderfully light and the service superb. I have eaten there a few times and it has always been a great experience . The special lunch menu is very good value and the food quality very noteworthy. The wine list is good with some good value glasses and bottles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good business lunchJacobLeeDined on 11/11/2014had a great business lunch with the client. We were very impressed with the lobster bisque. the flavour was deep and extremely delicious.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceDaSistaDined on 9/11/2014I met a long-standing and dear friend for lunch at Orrery today and I am still smiling from the experience. Although a local, I have not dined there before - but I shall certainly be back. The atmosphere is light and modern in this galley-shaped restaurant. The staff were welcoming and attentive, without being stuffy. Clearly this formula works as the place was buzzing right through afternoon. My friend and I had much to catch-up on and time passed super-quickly - but we were never made to feel hurried. We both adore French cuisine and were not disappointed - even on the set menu. It was an absolute delight. The only minor disappointment was not being able to retire to the bar due to a private function. Thank you!
- Sunday Lunch Birthday DinnerHammersDined on 9/11/2014Took my girlfriend for Sunday lunch here on Sunday. Thought the deal was very good considering quality of food and location. Very nice and bright restaurant with good waiting staff. Food was very nice with good flavours and very good design of the food on the plate. I told them that it was my girlfriends birthday and we were given a nice table next to the window over looking the street , the downside was that it was right next to the serving station on both sides of the table, so at times we had staff members stood right next to us while we were eating or talking, which is a bit of a shame. would definitely go again as the food was nice and the sunday lunch is very good value.Special Features:
- Fabulous as always!fizzDined on 8/11/2014The Orrery is my favourite restaurant - the food and service is always wonderful, the staff are friendly, professional and efficient, they make you feel special. We had a lovely relaxed lunch, all the courses and little extras were just yummy. Would highly recommend the Orrery for a fab treat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysFoodie1234Dined on 7/11/2014Another wonderful meal at Orrery. The service is excellent, with attentive staff and the food delicious. The 3 course offer is fantastic value with complimentary amuse bouche and pre-dessert dish included. Highly recommend for any occasion!Special Features:
- Excellent food - lovely restaurantCocoDined on 7/11/2014Service was very good, staff were extremely courteous and polite, and friendly. If I had one small complaint, and it is minor, when one's wine is put well away from the table, there is a danger it can be forgotten and in this case it was - we had to ask if we had any left, having now been served with our coffees, which it turned out we did and this was then promptly poured. That said, the food was superb, the view over the square lovely and overall a fantastic lunch. It was my first time here, whilst my friend was a regular, and I would certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 6/11/2014I have been to the Orrery several times over the past few years. I have never been anything but delighted with the food, the setting and the service. The staff seem to go out of their way to make it a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promising returnBlobDined on 5/11/2014My wife & I enjoyed a relaxing lunch eating from the table d'hote menu. For many years this was our favourite restaurant but we hadn't been for a couple of years as we felt the standards of both the food and service had dropped I'm pleased to say the service was tip-top and the food generally excellent although the pumpkin soup was over spiced. This visit has given us the confidence to return again and sample the a la carte offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyPeterDined on 2/11/2014We booked this for a lunch party for 70. The initial organisation was well below par and had we not left a deposit we'd have pulled out, but once they changed organisers it got on track and went very smoothly. The chef was helpful and came up with the goods well, the manager was on top of the task, once his original assistant was changed. Service good and understated. Well pleased.Special Features:
- Elegant and good valuejtminlondonDined on 1/11/2014We took a 9pm booking and opted for the £30 three course option dinner. We waited for our table happily in the cosy lounge before our meal. The dinner was exceptional value with small tasters before each of the 3 courses and chocolates at the end. The dishes themselves were beautiful presented- our only criticism was that the main courses we selected had not a single green vegetable in it- just mushrooms and gnocchi or rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGNIFIQUE ORRERYCATFISHDined on 1/11/2014Weekend visit to London for my wife's special birthday. Picked the Orrery from on-line comments and was not disappointed. It was a truly wonderful dining experience, from professional, friendly and efficient staff to magnificent food. The evening could not have been better. Will certainly visit again the next time we are in London. Thank you Orrery and best wishes. KEITH LOCKYERSpecial Features:
- Early bird excellent valueTrishDined on 1/11/2014This food was excellent, service efficient and friendly and the restaurant is great for romantic meals.
- Never disappoints!JoJoVIPDined on 31/10/2014Yet another great evening at my favourite restaurant in London!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxeddc250VIPDined on 31/10/2014Really good place to catch up with a friend on friday night at the Orrery. The ambience was just right and felt unrushed as course after course was smoothly brought over, along with the many amuse bouches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueTeabagsVIPDined on 29/10/2014We went with the Opentable deal of 3 courses for £30. On top of this we were given unlimited slices of bread. Then a had a savoury choux bun filled with cheese which was delicious followed by an amuse bouche of mushroom soup. Between our main and dessert we were also given a mini dessert and to finish off the evening some petit fours! Definitely worth the money. Food was delicious and service was great. I plan to return.
- Smart style, smart foodalanatcroydonVIPDined on 29/10/2014This restaurant occupies a first floor in the smart area of Marylebone High Street. It is nicely spaced inside with a white linen approach. The £27-50 menu of 3 courses gave me a lovely pumpkin soup, salmon poached to my choice, and a tarte tatin. We shared a bottle of malbec - one of the few reasonably priced wines on an extensive wine list. Service was very efficient and professional. The presentation of all the dishes was very attractive. Many other customers seemed to be business visitors and it clearly somewhere to impress your guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great value40pounddinerDined on 27/10/2014I booked the three course pre-theatre dinner which has three or four choices for each course. You are also served an amouse bouche, pre-desert etc. so it ends up being about seven courses. The food was very good and excellent value, especially for central LondonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AC100VIPDined on 27/10/2014Very good and highly recommended. Good food and service. Will go again.Special Features:
- Anniversary treatCityboyDined on 25/10/2014We booked a table for 5 at relatively short notice and were shown to lovely window table. As usual the service was impeccable and the food of the finest quality and beautifully presented. There were 2 amuse bouche courses served before our starters and, probably the best idea ever, a pre-dessert served before dessert . We rounded the evening off with port and brandy and left feeling very well satisfied.Special Features:
- Great placeSan0uk13Dined on 25/10/2014We had a wonderful dinner to celebrate my son and daughter's birthdays I'll recommend the salmon and the pineapple dessert delicious ! The device was perfect . We 'll definitely come back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb eveningPeterD35Dined on 25/10/2014The Orrery is our favourite London restaurant and we chose it to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We were not disappointed. We had the Menu Gourmand, as it had most of the items we would have chosen anyway. The 5-course meal was, in fact more like 8 courses, with all the extra taster dishes. The menu included scallops, foie gras, lobster and mango salad, Tournedos Rossini and a chocolate and mango ice dessert. Every dish tasted wonderful, and each was just enough to delight the palate but not make us too full to finish. With the help of the wine waiter we selected lovely white and red wines to complement our food. Service was, as always, friendly and efficient. A superb evening. Thank you Orrery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentMJBjDined on 24/10/2014As ever, the Orrery provided the perfect evening for our birthday celebration. The food was delicious and the service the perfect balance. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for moneySilleDined on 24/10/2014Everything perfect but the waiters is a little too officious. Don't have to pouring water every time you take a sip.Special Features:
- Excellent 3 Course MealcolossusnzVIPDined on 23/10/2014I was extremely impressed with the 3 course meal for £30. This included several amuse bouche options, which were all very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent all roundDavidVIPDined on 22/10/2014excellent value, outstanding service, delicious food, extra courses, friendly atmosphere, what is not to like at the OrrerySpecial Features:
- good food, service and locationleslieDined on 22/10/2014we go here for special occassions - and leave happier than when we arrived - great service and food - and looking out over the nearby park is terrific. i am sure i am happier when i leave there having had all the lovely sweets with coffee and the special occasion chocs for birthdays and our anniversary each year - highly recommendSpecial Features:
- FootfaceDined on 22/10/2014Very friendly Brilliant, interesting and high quality food. Service was outstanding - just enough attention and people had time to talk with you and advise about the food and wine. It's expensive but you get great value because the food is such top quality. My second time here and I'd go back again.Special Features:
- A lovely BirthdayBAS2306Dined on 21/10/2014A great venue - not cramped - smart yet not stuffy - excellent selection of wines by the glass - v. good wine list - the food was faultless - tasty amuse bouche and other tasters come automatically between courses. Options are a set Menu Gourmande, a set Vegetarian Menu and a fixed price three course menu where one can select the courses from about a dozen options for starters and main courses and about 8 for dessert. So not the place if you only fancy one course. Not an inexpensive meal but we felt it was well worth it. Thoroughly recommend.Special Features:
- A charming placeTamingoftheshrewDined on 21/10/2014We'd heard a lot about Orrery and I'm pleased to say the rumours are true, it's excellent. We got the last slot on the 3 courses for £30 which includes additionals such as a delicious cheese (Camembert to guess) filled profiteroles, a celeriac amuse bouche and a lemon palette cleanser which was exceptional. The service was attentive, always on hand but discrete. As it should be. I cannot recommend Orrery highly enough. The 3 courses for £30 is unbelievable value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickyDined on 17/10/2014Myself and boyfriend ate at The Orrery on Fri 17th October and were disappointed with the food - it was cooked ok, not sure about the mix of citrus with the fish meals (salmon served with grapefruit). We expected something a bit more special for the price of the food and did not think it was good value for money.Special Features:
- Excellent dinning experience.LunchyVIPDined on 16/10/2014Fabulous! Everything a good restaurant should be. A stylish and bright dinning room with welcoming, knowledgeable staff and outstanding food. This was our first visit, but we regularly visit other restaurants in the D&D group, and this lived up to our high expectations. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AC100VIPDined on 15/10/2014Very good and highly recommended. Good food and service. Will go again.
- Orrery maintains superb standardSamplItDined on 15/10/2014Early evening dinner doesn't come much better than this. From the friendly professional welcome to the helping on with coats afterwards, this was an object lesson in how to make a dinner occasion special. To describe our starters as 'smoked salmon' and 'crab' does neither dish justice - especially after two amuse bouches and wonderful fresh bread. Fish and tournedos mains were superb, with wines choreographed to perfection. The Orrery is a bit of an 'elder statesman' in Marylebone now - on this evidence, it deserves to be there a great deal longer: no wonder it was pretty full on a mid-week evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodfranbearDined on 12/10/2014Second time eating here and food as tasty as before. Very rich but delicious. Sunday lunch menu offers good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious gastronomieLauraJKDined on 11/10/2014Delicious food, romantic setting, good value with the Open Table offer. Went for dinner with my husband and another couple, had a great time. Food was creative and very tasty. Good wine menu. Atmosphere is maybe a bit lacking or verging more on romantic side so would go with couples rather than large group of friends. Suitable for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.