55 Marylebone High Street
London, W1U 5RBNeighborhood:
FrenchPrice: £41 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.orrery-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 02076168000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm, 6:30pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, French
- Executive Chef: Igor Tymchyshyn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Orrery offers classic French cuisine with seasonally changing menus of exceptional quality and full of the tastes of France.
The menu has been designed by Head Chef Igor Tymchyshyn, and showcases the most delicious flavours the region has to offer. Culinary highlights include the Tournedos a la Rossini (Beef Fillet) and Wild Sea Bass aux agrumes, served with stuffed courgette flower and sauce vierge.
- Entertainment: Orrery hosts Chamapagne & Wine tasting events on the second Thursday of every month.
- Special Events: Orrery offers private dining, exclusive hire of our rooftop terrace and also exclusive hire of the full restaurant for special occasions.
A word from Orrery
In London’s chic and trendy enclave of Marylebone where designer shops vie for space with smart restaurants, Orrery provides a relaxed and stylish venue for shoppers, local residents and business people alike to enjoy very high quality classic French cooking. In keeping with the relaxed charm of this historic quarter, Orrery is housed in an old stable block, the space remade into something elegant and delightful with arched windows, a glass roofed area and a lively bar next door. The Orrery restaurant roof terrace is one of London’s great outdoor dining spaces. In fact, both the bar and sunny terrace are two of London’s finest sipping and basking spots, a great place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the West End. The menu is traditional French with classic dishes made exciting by inventive touches. The wine list is among London’s best and most extensive, running to more than fifty pages, and the head sommelier knows his stuff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Orrery reviews from OpenTable diners
634 reviews since 18 May 2014
special occasions (411)fit for foodies (325)business meals (298)romance (223)sunday lunch (115)outstanding value (82)outdoor eating (65)pre/post theatre (55)good vegetarian options (54)group bookings (54)brunch (44)disabled access (39)afternoon tea (17)child friendly (13)Show More
- Good food, lovely environmentFoodieDined on 8/9/2014Food was lovely, wine is quite expensive though and without the toptable discount I think it would be difficult to justify the expense regularlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avramDined on 8/9/2014excellent, creative food, very good, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid food and serviceGlostershireDined on 7/9/2014My girlfriend and I had Sunday lunch. The food and service on the smoking terrace were outstandingly good. Especially enjoyed the cheeseboard and the amuse-bouche!Special Features:
- orerryemmetDined on 7/9/2014This is a great restaurant which just gets better each year. The food and service are outstanding. Sunday lunch is exceptionally good value. Add to this a wine list that is comprehensive and offers multiple bottles at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Menu gourmandStreamdwellerDined on 6/9/2014My wife and I had dinner here on a Saturday evening when the dining room had a real buzz. We opted for the menu gourmand with matching wine and were not disappointd. From the seared scallops to the tournedos the food was excellent and not overfacing. The wines selected for us matched the food very well with an interesting introduction to each wine from the sommelier. I have eaten here (both lunch and dinner) on previous occassions and it remains a favourite.Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceAPariDined on 6/9/2014Lovely food, nice atmosphere, amazing service. Felt very spoilt by the whole experienceSpecial Features:
- PerfectionSocialFoodieDined on 6/9/2014I first visited the Orrery through work for a colleague's leaving lunch and loved it so much that I returned and treated a friend for her birthday. The second time my friend and I sat on the terrace which was beautiful in the evening sun. The service is impeccable. There isn't anything they won't help you with and they endeavour to cater for every need. I mentioned to the waiter that I had only returned for the foccacia but when they served the breads there wasn't any. However, as soon as there was some baked they brought some especially to our table. Such a small detail but it really made the evening more delightful. It was a great atmosphere to celebrate a birthday and catch up with a close friend. I would recommend this place to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Cuisine & rooftop terrace!rozzyDined on 5/9/2014The rooftop terrace & gorgeous cuisine is the best kept secret in London.Superb food (try the sea bass with horseradish and chives), amuse bouche & palate cleansers. Unstinting with truffles! Haute French cuisine but without pretence.Worthy of a Michelin star(s).Locally sourced seafood.Many veg options.Extensive. wine list.Service knowledgeable & first class Manager/maître D professional & welcoming. Roof terrace was beautiful, intimate and airy with tables nicely spaced, open all year round, weather permitting. Main dining room+cosy area both upstairs terrace and downstairs for drinks--downstairs feels clubbier. Highly recommended for a romantic gourmet but not overly precious dinner, away from noise and flash.A wonderful discovery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent servicesammyjoDined on 5/9/2014The Orrery always delivers on service and great food. We have always had the set menu which is excellent and we have noticed that the staff do not distinguish between the set menu diners and the a la carte diners. They make you feel special whatever menu you are using.Special Features:
- Good FoodFoodie10VIPDined on 4/9/2014Orrery is a very welcoming place and the food and service was very good. It was sadly lacking in atmosphere as it had a lot of empty tables that evening! We were tempted to eat outdoors but there was only one table being used so opted to eat in the main restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic flavours in the coldHolgerDined on 4/9/2014We had a business dinner at Orrery. Upon entering you are guided in a an architectural challenging room - long and narrow. This results in a table arrangement with tables long both side of a corridor - not the most innovative concept. The food was exceptional with very rich flavours, starting with profiterole with melted cheese, so a perfectly cooked lamp with crisp outer layer and still rose at the inside. Nice selection of wines, although the household Bordeaux and Borgogne wines are overpriced. Service has a tendency to err on the arrogant side so the feeling of a warm welcome was missed.Special Features:
- Noisywhat4Dined on 3/9/2014Very slow service in bar area prior to meal Very noisy-over crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food.BennittoDined on 3/9/2014Lovely food although it was very quiet at the start of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodthebutchersDined on 2/9/2014Everything was presented well and the tast was fantastic. It was my husbands birthday and it was all the little extras that were added that made this very special. Thank you Orrery.Special Features:
- Stunning as alwayslegourmandDined on 31/8/2014On the third trip back for my family and me, it was just as memorable as the first time. Exquisite food and impeccable service. Don't wait for an occasion, just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best cheese trolley anywhereKayceeDined on 30/8/2014I booked a table for 4 and all of us were confused by the menu. It was explained that the £55 pound menu for 3 courses was a la carte but this menu had supplements. This did not make sense. We opted for the 5 course tasting menu at £65 which also had a supplement of £11 for cheese. Why not make it easy and include everything in one price? The food was outstanding and the potato ravioli was to die for ! We had to wait a long time in between courses but this was due to a large party in the bar. Overall it took 2.5 hours for the 5 courses. Staff were fantastic, friendly but not over familiar and very professional. the total bill without wine including 2 beers and water was £160 per couple. Not cheap but the food was beautiful.Special Features:
- JillVIPDined on 30/8/2014Great meal at Orrery. Very quiet at 6.30 on a Saturday evening for the special offer menu but restaurant soon filled up and the special offer gives excellent value for money. We were offered 3 refills for coffee (declined the 3rd but the second arrived with more chocolates....)The service was impeccable - advice given about wine and overall unobtrusive but totally attentive. Whole experience superb would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Excellent food but a bit quick....N21RichDined on 30/8/2014Had dinner at The Orrery on Sat night with a 6.30pm booking and the £30 3 course menu rather than the normal £50. Food was superb quality and service was excellent. The only thing was that the service if anything was too efficient and whilst I didn't feel rushed a bit more time to savour might be appreciated, not sure if this had something to do with the early booking. Having said that I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 30/8/2014I took my wife to Orrery for our anniversary and we had a lovely meal. The food, service and atmosphere were great and the value was exceptional.Special Features:
- Nice relaxed ambienceDollyDined on 29/8/2014Nice relaxed ambience. Very attentive service. Food was lovely and with extras between courses. Great cheese trolleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for the toptable menusurreydinerDined on 29/8/2014This is a great restaurant and the Toptable offer is excellent value but they do not give you the Toptable menu, you have to specifically request it.Special Features:
- Fab food, slightly snotty servicefrequentdinerDined on 28/8/2014Could not fault the food - it was absolutely delicious. Front desk staff were nice but waiting staff were a bit cold and snotty - a few more smiles wouldn't have hurt. The menu du jour is great value, the a la carte menu much pricer for basically the same food, plus various options have supplement prices... overall, the menu(s) are a bit confusing. It would be better if this restaurant just worked out a single pricing structure that they could afford to offer at all times, and ideally priced all items individually rather than imposing set menus where half the items carry extra charges!Special Features:
- A lot worst than beforeHellobVIPDined on 26/8/2014The seafood ravioli had always been my favourite starter before, but this time it was so way too salty which it totally not acceptableSpecial Features:
- French CuisineViccccVIPDined on 26/8/2014An outstanding dining experience on Marylebone High Street, food was nice and the number of wine selections was generous too. The only down bit was the service. A waitress threw us some attitudes when we asked for help on pictures. Otherwise, all good.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningJohnDined on 23/8/2014My first visit to Orrery, definitely will be more to come. There were 5 of us and we had a great table by one of the large windows. Wonderful ambiance, excellent service, friendly staff and food that is amazing. We had a relaxed and enjoyable evening, staff were attentive but unobtrusive. My only niggle, the wine list is terribly overpriced.Special Features:
- TwellsladyDined on 23/8/2014My four grown up children treated me to dinner for my 70th birthday. A friend had recommended it. We all enjoyed our choices very much indeed. And it was super having the delicious little extras that were added -amusebouche, truffle chocs etc. Three chose the lamb. I chose the cod. We wanted to ask for the menus back so we could check exactly what were all the sauces, foams etc. My blackberry bavarois first class. But most of all what made the evening was the service. Always there, always polite but never intrusive. My daughter is thinking of having her 40th at Orrery.Special Features:
- Cpjt54Dined on 23/8/2014Chose this restaurant as near to Regents Park to follow matinee theatre performance. All aspects of the meal were excellent : from the drinks in the bar whilst waiting as we were a little early, through the meal the waiting staff were very attentive if a little serious at times, the food was excellent & the bill not as much as we expected. We will definitely return & bring our friends next time.Special Features:
- excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 23/8/2014bank holiday saturday - lunch was surprisingly quiet - but under no pressure to be rushed - as always lovely service and quality food - ate al fresco for the first time which was more relaxed than formal dining room - possibly why it was very late when we left! apologies and thanks to lovely staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OsloDined on 22/8/2014Excellent food - through the hole Meny Gourmand, with a sucessfull switch to fish as main course. Good wine choise, quick and attentive service. A very nice evening for two on a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Orrery, MaryleboneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 21/8/2014Beautiful place, staff and food. My two friends and I had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Perfect for corporate lunching!EllebelleDined on 20/8/2014I had never been to this restaurant before and knew no one that had so was only going off the website which was beautifully presented. The glass and plants really made it feel fresh and summery. Food was exquisite, service was great and all for excellent value. This was a business lunch and we thoroughly impressed our clients! Excellent excellent venue.Special Features:
- Still an excellent choiceJeanpierrehigginsDined on 19/8/2014When we lived in Marylebone, the Orrey was always a firm favourite and pleased to say the service and quality is still the same. The food is as good as you will get anywhere in London and they made a special effort for my wife on her birthday. We shall certainly be back!!Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantladyh20Dined on 18/8/2014The restaurant was beautiful, but lacked a little atmosphere in the main dining room. It was very quiet! Food was superb, however the wine list is definitely on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fabulous!fizzDined on 15/8/2014The deal at the Orrery is outstanding - 3 courses plus lots of yummy extras - I particularly loved the lemon curd and lemon jelly pre-dessert! The starter of baby courgette with scrambled egg & mushroom was delicious - as was the beef! Service as always just perfect unobtrusive friendly and efficient. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not lived up to expectationsMe1234Dined on 14/8/2014Food was, not exceptional, for the price would have expected more quantity of food. Limited set menu. Service was good, attentive but not too over the top so you felt rushed. There was a baby on the table behind us that cried throughout most of the meal, which slightly ruined it as it is not a place to take children. I have a child and would never dream of taking my child there.Special Features:
- Faultless Set Menu Superb ValueDeborahDined on 13/8/2014We had intended to have one of the tasting menus but I was feeling increasingly unwell as the afternoon progressed but did not want to cancel as my friend had come up from Reading - instead we chose the 3-course set dinner menu. It was absolutely without blemish - the food was perfect of course but we were also given the little mini courses in between each of the 3 main courses so felt like we had the tasting menu experience without all the rest of the food which I would have been unable to eat. Service was faultless and the ambience was pleasant.Special Features:
- LBloydDined on 13/8/2014Sensational food, service can't wait to return. Food, staff were all perfect.Special Features:
- Rosey13Dined on 10/8/2014Best main course in years. (Sea bass). Went for Sunday lunch. Partic good value. Will be returningSpecial Features:
- Lovely mealmurphDined on 9/8/2014Had a lovely meal on the terrace, great food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful!pastilleDined on 9/8/2014We had Saturday lunch before going to the Open Air Theatre. Sat on the terrace on a sunny day, so ambience was special. Food and service excellent. Would highly recommend.Special Features: