383 Kings Road
London, SW10 0LPNeighbourhood:
ItalianPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.osteriadellarancio.co.uk/
- Phone: 02073498111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday to Sunday 12:00PM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday to Sunday 6:30PM-11:00PM
Private parties at other times by arrangement
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pierluigi Sandonnini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please pre-arrange with the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Osteria is happy to accomodate larger bookings both in the restaurant and in our private dining rooms. The first floor dining room can be available for private use or alternatively the whole restaurant can be hired subject to availability.
- Private Party Contact: Tommy Graziani 02073498111
- Special Events: Monthly wine tastings.
A word from Osteria dell'Arancio
Customers and critics describe Osteria as a 'friendly', 'haute-boho' Italian on King's Road with a 'colourful' and 'quirky' interior. Mismatched crockery, and unusual artwork give it a colourful, eclectic feel. The menu is authentic and seasonal and the detailed all-Italian wine list is some say 'to die for'. Headchef Pierluigi Sandonnnini trained in Italy under the auspices of Gualtiero Marchesi (considered the founder of modern Italian cuisine), but his cooking has also been influenced by by the cuisine of Marche (his mother), and Tuscany and Piedmont (where he grew up). He often takes a contemporary approach to traditional dishes, producing a range of dishes that are fresh and light in style and better suited to modern taste and diet. The first floor dining room is perfect for private parties and there are regular wine tastings with wine producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria dell'Arancio reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since 4 June 2014
fit for foodies (22)romance (21)special occasions (20)child friendly (17)group bookings (14)outdoor eating (14)business meals (14)outstanding value (11)good vegetarian options (10)sunday lunch (10)brunch (3)disabled access (3)Show More
- MonkeyVIPDined on 7/6/2014unfortunately the restaurant has now closed. will be an icon. good luck to the staffSpecial Features:
- chelsea area2fromdownunderDined on 23/5/2014Food was absolutely wonderful and the service was very good. We took the advice of some other reviewers and were guided in our choice of wine by the staff. We were not disappointed. Would definately come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A piece of ItalyStevieedDined on 17/5/2014A wonderful restaurant that is really quite charming. On arrival we had a warm welcome from the staff which made us feel like regulars despite never having been there before. The décor is just amazing, you feel like you are dining in a small Italian town, rather than on the busy Kings Road. Food ordered we were given a tasty basket of different breads, all fresh. I had scallops, crab pasta and fillet beef. My partner had poached egg and asparagus, tomato pasta and fish (can't remember what, sorry). All had great flavours and most importantly tasted very fresh. The wine list is also superb and expertly chosen for us by the staff. Overall a great place to dine and very romantic. The only criticism is that it is pricey, but worth it!Special Features:
- Great Italian foodChowhound123Dined on 16/5/2014This is one of our favourite Italian restaurants in Chelsea. The food and service are outstanding and Maurizio's wine list is excellent as are his recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday MondayRiverstoneVIPDined on 14/4/2014Very quiet on a Monday night, but didn't stop good food and great service for our table of 7. One top, the pasta with spicy sausage doesn't actually have spicy sausage meat in it.....apparently it's melted into the sauce during cooking. Might have been nice to know that before we ordered.
- MonkeyVIPDined on 5/4/2014excellent food and ambience. good value and great wineSpecial Features:
- I've eaten many times at thisChelseaDinerDined on 5/4/2014I've eaten many times at this neighbourhood favourite and again it delivered high quality food without any pretence or fuss. Wine list is excellent and it's well worth asking for and taking the advice of the somellier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicejudfoodieDined on 5/4/2014I had dinner with a friend here on a Saturday night. It's a great little restaurant with friendly staff. The food was served quickly and was delicious. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The Best Italian in LondonLeavesyDined on 23/3/2014Took my Italian mother here for an early Mothering Sunday meal on Sunday following a recommendation from someone at work. The Italian manager (possibly owner?) was fantastic, very welcoming and gave some great recommendations for wine and menu and made a lot of friendly conversation. The waitress was also very attentive without being over bearing. The food was fantastic, true rustic Italian food. Not one of us selected a bad option and the red wine recommended to us complemented our meal perfectly. The ambiance was relaxed and there was a true mix of diners - from what looked like a date, through to families. I can't wait to come back in Summer when it's warm enough to sit outside. Excellent value too given the prestigious location. 10/10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite Italian Local RestaurantChelseamomVIPDined on 18/3/2014My husband and I dined at Osteria dell'Arancio once again last night and are never disappointed. We went in for a casual dinner and shared the grilled calamari which was delicious and then I had the special veal milanese and my husband had his favourite spaghetti with clams. We accompanied this with a bottle of delicious red wine. The staff were very attentive and welcoming, I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianJPJPVIPDined on 17/3/2014Still my favourite Italian in London. Good wine list, great service and good food. You have to pay up for it, but not ridiculously so.Special Features:
- AverageSalomeDined on 8/3/2014Lovely, vibey restaurant with some of the worst service ever experienced. The food is mediocre and unimagenative. One main course at our table was sent back. Will not be returning soon.
- Thought the food was too salty. AGregDined on 7/3/2014Thought the food was too salty. A glass of wine at 10.5£ was on the upper end. Two kids ate half portions, plus 2 appetizers, plus two mains, 2 desserts and 4 glasses of wine for 164£ was at the top end of the range.
- Family LunchVivmysterVIPDined on 1/3/2014We decided to go for a restaurant that had good ratings, and had to be Italian. The space itself which was reserved for the family was perfect, the service on the onset was slow and took ages for our drinks to arrive. We ordered from the Al a carte and I decided to have the pasta with meat sauce, i think it was venison - no venison to be found only tomatoes, pasta was well cooked but lots of chilli flakes added to the dish which made it quite hot!! The other main courses which arrived were better but service was slow and will not be going back anytime soon. sorry.Special Features:
- excellent food as always greatMonkeyVIPDined on 28/2/2014excellent food as always great wine and seasonal menu to fit all appetitesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we always have a great timeMonkeyVIPDined on 22/2/2014we always have a great time here with food and drinksSpecial Features:
- Best Italian Food in ChelseaChelseamomVIPDined on 5/2/2014I treated a friend to dinner at Osteria dell'Arancio the other night and had a wonderful meal. The homemade pasta is the best in the area and the service is terrific. The have a wonderful wine list making your choice hard! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice italian restaurantJeanPaulItalyVIPDined on 18/1/2014First time I have been in this restaurant and I was very satisfy by the food, I'm Italian and it really seemed to be back home. I would have tried everything in the menu. Friendly staff and a nice atmosphere, very good vines. I will definitely come more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restauranttereDined on 10/1/2014I have been to the Osteria many times, the food is always excellent and I really enjoy the ambiance and the attentive service. The wine list is extensive lots of choice with a good options for all pockets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodChrisVIPDined on 5/1/2014This place always delivers consisent good food with great service anytime you are there. My daughter thought food and service was great as well (8 yrs old)Special Features:
- great food always bet serviceMonkeyVIPDined on 4/1/2014great food always bet service and huge selection of wineSpecial Features:
- Very expensive indifferentJJJJDined on 13/12/2013Very expensive indifferent food. £20 for a tray of cold meat cuts was just too much. And both the 'truffles' and the rabbit leg had no flavor. Weird spotlight lifting and poor acoustics. But staff were great.
- This is our favorite neighborhoodChowhound123Dined on 13/12/2013This is our favorite neighborhood Italian restaurant!! The wine list is great, excellent service and good food.Special Features:
- Lovely!!!ChelseamomVIPDined on 3/12/2013Great food and the owner is very personal and friendly!Special Features:
- Ladies who Lunch!Clara1Dined on 30/11/2013I would highly recommend Osteria dell'Arancio to anyone who enjoys exceptionally good Italian food. Wonderful ambience and very pleasant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good never disappointing.eddykeddyDined on 23/11/2013Always good never disappointing. Very attentive staff. The manager/owner always smiley and helps with wine and never goes wrong. Delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueDinDinsDined on 11/11/2013Great food at very reasonable prices. Excellent wine list - trust the sommelier's guidance, he has some great stuff, again at good prices and pairs well. Service was a little sluggish towards the end of the meal when I last went, but in the past has been faultless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianJPJPVIPDined on 6/11/2013Still my favourite Italian in London. Great food and good wine, with friendly staff who are always helpful with recommedndations. Not cheap but not extortionate either, and worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super alternative to la famiglia!jsv1Dined on 2/11/2013we had a great dinner saturday nite with friends and our two little girls. the organic red wine was really good and the servers knew to get the kids ordered and fed and yet we all still felt like adults. the orrechiette and gorgonzola was one of the best pasta dishes ive ever put in my mouth. cant recommend it enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Authentic Italian FoodChelseamomVIPDined on 31/10/2013Again, I have not been surprised by the great quality of the food at Osteria dell'Arancio on the King's Road. The owner and chef are very smart to limit the menu items which makes each choice perfectly prepared and presented. It is all delicious and I have never been disappointed and will definitely go back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really unusualtravel2eatDined on 24/10/2013Second time there. Owner very cordial. Everything was just "good" but far from exceptional. Doubt a third visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 286 reviews are from the Osteria dell'Arancio reviews archive.
- Delightful dinner partyAKGGDined on 28/9/2013We were a party of 8 attending for a celebration dinner. They managed to accommodate all of us very smoothly for a great night out. The food and atmosphere was delightful as was the service and the wine list was absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in nice ambienceCharles4VIPDined on 12/9/2013This restaurant provides creative dishes in the great Italian style of cookingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four coursesmac66Dined on 13/8/2013We decided to have four courses and starters, second course are very good. However we wait too long for main courses and food are not good. Worse thing is chocolate souffle is not souffle is chocolate fondant. That is very disappointed since we are only one table after 9pm.Special Features:
- Better than many italian restaurantMondanDined on 3/8/2013Better than many italian restaurants in London, Italian feel and many returning clients. As an italian, I think this place stands atgood to very good italian standard. To go back again at the end of one my London walks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and wine. TriedCambmanVIPDined on 20/7/2013Excellent food and wine. Tried an unusual tuscan wine from the extensive wine list, recommended by the sommelier, and it was delicious, and complemented the simply but perfectly cooked fresh food. Service was friendly but efficient, and it was lovely to sit outside to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The and the service were good.MarguiDined on 13/7/2013The and the service were good. I think that of the lights were a bit dimmer it would have given the restaurant a bit more ambience at a night time. I would go back but for an outside lunch or a quick meal. Very good wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJGreavesisGodVIPDined on 3/7/2013Great Italian restaurant with really exciting menu and a fabulous wine listSpecial Features:
- Sunday Lunch Italian StylejoetripDined on 30/6/2013Very Nice informal atmosphere, great food and wine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant and enjoyable eveningBeatriceDined on 15/6/2013and good food and good service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features: