58 Sun Street
Waltham Abbey, EN9 1EJNeighbourhood:
EnglishPrice: £26 to £40
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.parsonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 01992700616
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 12pm - 3pm; Sunday: 12pm - 8pm
All week: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: English, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Adebola Adeshina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Parsons Restaurant
Parson"s Restaurant is a fantastic addition to the Essex restaurant scene. Head chef Ade Adeshina worked with London's top chefs including Gordon Ramsay, Marcus Waring and Philip Howard before opening The Lock - his own critically acclaimed restaurant in north London. Parson's restaurant is a beautifully renovated building imbued with fresh and modern interiors that ooze style. Spanning two floors, the main restaurant and bar occupy the ground floor and the first floor boasts two private rooms perfect for both business and pleasure. Ade is delighted to be working in area that is abundant with quality local ingredients. He will use this produce for his modern British menu accentuated by global flavours allowing his guests "to explore new flavours and seasonality at their best, rewarding them with the best produce this country has to offer". Parson's is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parsons Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Dining ExperienceJudoEssexDined on 8/12/2012This is the first time we ate at Parsons, but I'm sure it won't be the last! We chose Parsons because we wanted somewhere special to celebrate my partner's birthday. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. There was also plenty of choice. Service was timely, attentive and courteous but not intrusive. It is great to have a stylish restaurant like this in Essex and we feel the recent awards are well deserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what we need in the area.........EvieDined on 6/12/2012A decent place to go as a foodie that is reasonabley priced. Can imagine when its busy that the service might suffer. Would not hesitate to make this a monthly treat. Loved the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunch at its best!FinedinerDined on 25/11/2012Family of four for Sunday lunch. Excellent food & well presented. Excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday mealTheBruffaloDined on 24/11/2012My mum booked my fiance and I a table for our birthdays. Walked in, very posh looking! Wayne even got called sir (which I got the giggles about). Staff were excellent, very polite and attentive. The winter vegetable and coconut soup dish from the chef was delicious (overhead the table next to us say they loved it too)! Starter not to my taste but presented lovely, the mains we had (venison and rib eye) delicious and desert, the bitter sweet tart was heavenly; but one of the cheeses on the cheese board tasted and smelt like sin! Would go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nighttootseyDined on 17/11/2012Booking a table early on a Saturday was I think a good idea as the restaurant was full by about 8.30pm. We noticed that many diners were waiting quite a long time for starters etc.after about 8.30 -9pm. The staff were very pleasant and the service was very good. I would hope that the chef(s) would take note that sauces etc would be better served on the side in a gravy/sauce boat rather than put on the meal itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The presentation was fab andwendypDined on 9/11/2012The presentation was fab and the service great but pretty expensive unless special occasion. £40 PER HEAD WITH ONLY ONE GLASS OF WINE AND WE SHARED A DESSERT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just brilliantSpongyDined on 4/11/2012Followed Ade from the Lock in Tottenham, just as brilliant at ParsonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and greatTryNewRestaurantsDined on 30/10/2012Outstanding food and great service provided with staff. Highly recommended venue for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with my daughter as aMHofTBDined on 29/10/2012Went with my daughter as a try out on a Monday lunchtime - obviously not busy, but not empty either. The lunch menu had a good selection and the food was very nice and well presented. If you order a side of sauteed potatoes note that the portions are "Essex size". so one between two is fine. A good experience and we will be back for dinner with the whole family.I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatbubbDined on 28/10/2012Third visit to Parsons and as with previous visits it was excellent all round. Keep up the great work!I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Very GoodMRSTJGDined on 26/10/2012Food was very good and service was excellent. Small complimentary soup from chef was a nice touch. Decor and ambience was particularly nice. Chateaubriand was reasonable size, not too much and therefore affordable price, included in the 2 course set menu. Unfortunately they would not accept TT rewards dining cheque in part payment even though we asked before booking. Good to have a car park there so no problems parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday lunchVinceSuperCDined on 21/10/2012We had a complimentary starter, roast dinner and a dessert with one glass of wine and coffee. The meat was excellent and so was the veg. Good portion sizes. By the time we had drunk our coffee we were both ready for a slep. Excellent lunch,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!!!Chlochlo26Dined on 13/10/2012Such a lovely, reataurant, good food - great service!!! Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit to Waltham AbbeyMaverickDined on 12/10/2012i was given an oppotunity to visit Waltham Abbey and googled via toptable a resturant, i was not disappointed, it was everything that the reviews said, i would strongly recommend this restuarant to anyone looking for good food and service, we were not rushed off our table, everything was clean, prompt, and proffessional, best of all my guest loved it.Special Features:
- Have been there twice nowphilgmoDined on 7/10/2012Have been there twice now once for Sunday lunch and once for an evening meal and the food and service have been excellent both times and in very pleasant surroundings. A very enjoyable experience and I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I felt the experience wasFinedinerDined on 30/9/2012I felt the experience was excellent however the only thing which let the resturant down a bit was the small menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great re-discoverySoniaPDined on 29/9/2012We couldn't have been happier when we found out that Chef Ade who was at The Lock at Tottenham Hale had opened another restaurant. The menu is very similar to The Lock - and the quality of the food is still outstanding. Scallops were sweet, tender and plump and served with plantain and a light curry sauce...perfect starter. Our main courses were fabulous - and unlike many 'fine-dining', both our lamb and beef dishes came with plenty of sauce! Tarte tatin for two to sure was the same as we had at The Lock years earlier, and definitely did not disappoint.Special Features:
- ParsonsBeanyDined on 28/9/2012Have only been in the evenings and cannot recommend it too highly, service is wonderful as is the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good-value mealRimmoholDined on 22/9/2012Very enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings. Pre-dinner drinks were a little rushed due to two large groups who arrived late and then held up other diners, though to be fair, that wasn't the restaurant's fault. Will definitely be back. Very good value for money, compared to similar type restaurants. Staff were very efficient and polite.Special Features:
- The food,service and ambienceJaneylouDined on 16/9/2012The food,service and ambience were excellent.I will definately be returning,it's been too long since there has been a decent restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first visit toEssexgirlDined on 5/9/2012Enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant very much. The converted pub has been fitted out to a very high standard. The decor was clean and tidy. All the tables and loos are on ground floor making it suitable for the elderly and disabled. The food was extremely good - tasty and well presented on the plate. The only disappointment was the "panache of vegetables" which were a little bland -diced and boiled and not at all "chefy". The music was just right- relaxed and in the background so I could easily talk my dining companion. Liked the pricing policy for lunch - any 2 courses for £12.50 or 3 courses for £16.50 so you don't have to fuss about how much each dish costs. All in all, we loved it and are already planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTappersDined on 2/9/2012Booked here with a table of 8. Service was brilliant and the food was outstanding (recommend the beef on the Sunday menu) will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic first visit to ParsonsluctonsDined on 26/8/2012We've been trying to find good local places to eat for years and then we discover 2 in the same week! Provender in Wanstead and Parsons. Looks like we won;t need to head into the West End so often any more. We took the children for Sunday lunch at Parsons and were very impressed with both the quality of the food and service. The wine list was also good and very reasonably priced. The a la carte menu also looked superb so we plan to visit again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantPaulDined on 24/8/2012Great food, good friendly service and good value for your money (3 Courses for £28 is very good imo). is there any better in the area ? i dont think so and would highly recomend. Will be back for more !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencefood4thoughtDined on 18/8/2012We visited Parsons Restaurant on Saturday evening - a group of six people. We had a really enjoyable evening. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough to please. The food was lovely - on par with much more expensive restaurants we have been to and we liked the idea of a fixed price menu. A nice touch was being served little canapes whilst waiting for our main course. Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant - go before it gets too popular!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative diningBizzylizzyDined on 18/8/2012Tasteful surroundings,beautiful well presented food, fantastic service. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchGetStuffedDined on 5/8/2012Nice and friendly place to meet up with friends and family, very bright, clean and comfortable with well spaced tables. A good varity of dishes for Sunday Lunch at set prices for two/three courses. Although the service of staff is very good, there is some waiting between courses but, as they say all good things are worth waiting for and we will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchTB4SomeDined on 5/8/2012Our party of 4 arrived just before our booked time of 3pm. We were taken to a waiting area and left there for 20 minutes - no orders taken for food or drinks. When we were seated I asked for the wine list, but no one took our wine order until I managed to get a waitresses attention. Service was slow beyond belief. We asked to see the manager. Quarter of an hour later we asked again and were told he'd gone for a walk! We were given wrong meals, as we noticed were other tables. Asked if I could taste the wine we'd ordered, but by the time I'd swirled round the small drop offered, there was nothing left to taste! Waiting staff didn't look trained. Management didn't seem interested. Will not recommend to friends or be returning.
- A great place!JasonDined on 4/8/2012There are few other restaurants of this caliber in this area, this is London eating in Enfield / Waltham Abbey. Great service, very good food. We will be back.Special Features:
- Top Class RestaurantPALMLLDined on 31/7/2012This is the third time we have eaten here and, again, another great night with excellant service, food and overall experience. Would strongly recommend Parsons Restaurant for any occasion. Will be going back again.Special Features:
- ParsonsvegiDined on 20/7/2012Third visit and did not disappoint. We had the set menu, just as good as the a la carte. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot tip for SundayBetaviewDined on 15/7/2012So Sunday Roasts are the preserve of pub food, are they? Not if you take the usual titles, give them some imaginative twists, deliver with top quality cooking, add fine dining presentation and yet keep the bill modest; you will be hard put to it to find chicken or lamb better roasted or served with better accompaniments. The wine list is short but moderately priced. At seven months, Parsons is still growing up, and there are few slightly rough edges, but it is beginning to attract the front of house staff the kitchen deserves. The chef, Adebole Adeshima, has brought some dishes from his previous respected restaurant at The Lock and then added some new ideas, so do get in before the critics arrive and you can't get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you dinnerDiahDined on 14/7/2012Restaurant was clean and nicely decorated. Service a bit slow and I think the waitress could have suggested a bit more but food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, outstanding food!Kez77Dined on 14/7/2012I went here with my girlfriend and the atmosphere was brilliant, but the food was some of the best i've tasted for ages. Good size portions as well, left feeling full. We had starters 2 sets of drinks and a mains and it came to £70 which for the standard of food your getting I feel is excellent money. I would recommened this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and a gooddavidgrDined on 7/7/2012Excellent food and a good and very reasonably priced wine list. Downside is the very TOWIE experience of flash cars outside and noisy braying tables inside. Go and enjoy the really superb food but take earplugs.Special Features:
- Finally a decent restaurant........EssexGirl76Dined on 16/6/2012...........in Waltham Abbey!! This recently opened bistro is much longed for and welcomed to a town that is seriously lacking in decent (non-Indian) restaurants. I took my aunt to Parsons on a Saturday afternoon for a birthday lunch and had an amazing three course lunch at £15 each!!! Total and utter bargain - fabulous food & great service. Sadly it was very quiet, only us and another table were occupied so my big worry is how long they can stay in a location that really isn't good enough for a restaurant of this standard! If you are in Essex, then definitely make the trip to Waltham Abbey and treat yourselves to a fab meal at Parsons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely mealJillybDined on 15/6/2012When my friends and I visited Parsons recently we had a lovly evening. The only problem was the lamb that two of us had was rather fatty. I mentioned this and was asked if I would like anything else. I said no and to compensate us the restaurant gave us free desserts which were delicious. I love this restarurant and cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:
- First impressionsWhitegoldDined on 3/6/2012We were hoping for some good food at a local restaurant but discovered that the a la carte menu isn't offered on a Sunday. Website said there was a dress code so we dressed up and then found a group of people in jeans with kids running around. Don't have a problem with this but not when it claims to be something else. The food we had was fine, particularly the Tai soup I had which was very good otherwise it was all just ok. I had a liqueur coffee to finish which was poorly prepared and so bad I couldn't drink it. We will give the a la carte menu a try one weekday evening in the near future and hope that this will be more like it's represented on the website if not we won't be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parsons - Waltham AbbeyJillybDined on 31/5/2012An excellent restaurant with wonderful food and excellent set menus for lunch and dinner. Drinks a little pricey but that is to be expected. Booking again to go for dinner with friends in 2 weeks .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finnally a remarcable experienceLoveToEatDined on 22/5/2012Been a foodie follower of Chef Ade it's was a surprise that he actually opened a new restaurant two miles from me, in Waltham Abbey. Food excellent like always, service could not fault it, ambiance remarcable, Essex needs restaurants like Parsons where the food and the services counts more than what designers you ware.''The only way is Essex''. Definitely will recommend you !!! (missed your Pork Belly)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.