Patara - Soho
15 Greek Street
London, W1D 4DPNeighbourhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
Patara - Soho
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pataralondon.com/
- Phone: 02074371071x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 12pm to 2.30pm, 6.00pm to 11:00pm
Sunday: Lunch closed and Dinner 6:00pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access
A word from Patara - Soho
One of a family of worldwide restaurants, London’s Patara restaurant brings sophisticated Thai dining to Soho’s Greek Street. Tastefully decorated with plenty of atmosphere thanks to subdued lighting, huge pots of orchids, flickering candles, silk-covered banquettes and Thai figurines inlaid with glass mosaic tiles, it’s ideal for a romantic dinner for two. The Patara kitchen is ambitious, producing excellent creations of classic Thai cuisine like tom yum goong soup; beef with green curry and;, of course, pad Thai noodles. The service is renowned for its excellence and the wine list begins at a reasonably-priced level. Someone in the kitchen has an eye for beauty, too, because at Patara restaurant each dish is exquisitely arranged to delight your eye as well as your palate. Patara Thai restaurant is a haven from Soho’s scruffiness; a glamorous, romantic, authentic, professional spot for an excellent dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
Patara - Soho - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Patara - Soho reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since 1 November 2013
fit for foodies (102)special occasions (97)romance (96)business meals (82)pre/post theatre (76)group bookings (58)good vegetarian options (41)outstanding value (15)brunch (5)outdoor eating (5)sunday lunch (4)disabled access (3)afternoon tea (2)Show More
- reunion lunchChrisDined on 28/10/2014Great lunch with ex business buddies. We all had the OT 4 course special inc glass of prosseco. Great value. Starters were a great mix of 5 different items. Salmon main was superb as were the scallops if a little hot. Service VG although restaurant quite quiet. A great venue and noshI would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food good locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 25/10/2014Food and location of this restaurant were excellent. I thought it was reasonably priced although service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't get service so we leftCharlieBDined on 25/10/2014We walked in and the host was talking excitedly on the phone for ten minutes without once looking at us. The other various staff walked around rapidly talking to each other without talking to us. When we finally got a table, it was tiny and bumped right up against another couple so closely that it was like we were in their laps. We made an executive decision to just leave. Went to the Spanish tapas place Pix nearby and had a terrific time.Special Features:
- DelightfulHaddockDined on 24/10/2014Wonderful food, impeccable service - a little pricey but nice for a treat. A very buzzy atmosphere therefore good for a catch up with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & interior, slow serviceNat76Dined on 18/10/2014One of the additional reasons (besides location) for us to pick and try Patara was that 2 of our party of 7 are vegans. As it says on the menu, that they can accommodate such requests and we should tell staff we thought it would be a good choice. However, when we then asked to make the fried rice vegan (just leave out the eggs and fish sauce) the brief response was 'no, we can't do this' which was a bit underwhelming. It does require to explicitly mention that the curry should be made very hot as otherwise it is just very bland. Service is very slow, it seems that they are understaffed. In a nutshell it was all good but not great. Instead of returning we would probably check another Thai restaurant in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ms BrancoDress2dineDined on 15/10/2014I had lunch once at the Patara in Knightsbridge and I really enjoyed. The Soho experience wasn't as nice. The sauces were very sweet and the pineapple and prawn curry only tasted pineapple.
- Like eating in ThailandoztravellerDined on 14/10/2014Beautiful food, beautiful atmosphere and a wonderful evening overall. They don't offer just average Thai food, using interesting combinations but still tasting like it was made fresh in Thailand.Special Features:
- restaurant fantasticDana1809Dined on 14/10/2014The restaurant was fantastic and the food excellent. Unfortunately we had to rush to the theatre but we will certainly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely....SuzeDined on 11/10/2014Lovely restaurant in Soho, close to loads of buzzing bars etc. Food is gorgeous but a little expensive.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysboleroseDined on 10/10/2014I always eat at Patara any time i visit London, and every day in a 3 day visit! Excellent food, ambience, service. Especially love the veal massaman. The only negative is that there is no Patara in Dublin - please open one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place and foodDaveymancDined on 4/10/2014This is the second time we have visited and again we were not disappointed. Had the early special which was excellent value and included Scallops and King Prawn on the set menu, very good choice of items to suit all tastes. Despite being a party of 8 and the table had to be cleared by 8pm (2 hours). We were over the time and at no stage did we feel rushed or asked to leave. (which is more than can be said for many places). Nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodKendall1979Dined on 3/10/2014The experience you receive at patara is world class. The flavours are authentically Thai yet unique. Portions are also a good size so you won't go home hugnry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCHCHDined on 2/10/2014The choice is exemplary... And delicious... The scallops are a real treatSpecial Features:
- Lacking the oomph !1NONLYDined on 30/9/2014We had the Prosecco Set meal @ £28 per person which was interesting . Combination starter platter :- the single battered soft shelled crab was tasty although quite greasy , the taco filling lacked definitive taste , the single chicken satay was nice , the single pork and prawn dumpling was ok but the purple dumpling of sweet coconut (?) felt incongruous as part of the mainly savoury starter. The mains of scallops with basil was spicy and nice (3 scallops sliced in half to provide 6 pieces ), the beef in lemongrass curry reduction was meltingly good accompanied by steamed jasmine rice and stir fried vegetables. Dessert was lemongrass Creme brulee and finished with lemongrass tea. Table linen replaced by vinyl runners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice placeJPC19Dined on 28/9/2014Overall I was happy with the experience and the restaurant has a nice vibe.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Disappointing servicekarmaDined on 27/9/2014+ Food was really nice and tasty! - Even though we had a reservation we had to wait at least 20 mins for a table - One person in the group did not get their starter and another one did not get their main course. The waiter told them that what they ordered was not available after the food was already served to everyone else on our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal - Patara, SohoJourney2Dined on 27/9/2014My wife and I went for a meal at Patara, Soho for the first time. Well, what can I say - it was a fantastic experience from the moment we stepped through the door to the minute we left. Great ambience all through the evening, lovely decor, service and food. The service was friendly and efficient, and the food was probably the best Thai food I've eaten in the UK. Every course was delicious and I couldn't find even the slightest fault with the whole experience. It is more expensive than most Thai restaurants, but it is fine dining and the bill was still reasonable for the excellent quality of service and food. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and hope to return again before long. Five stars!!Special Features:
- Good food, good service.BuddhabelleDined on 27/9/2014We were a group of 6 celebrating a birthday on a Saturday night. Although initially told there was a time limit to our table through our booking confirmation email, the staff were very welcoming, didn't mention the time limit and did not rush us at all. Food was delicious and filling, good service even though the restaurant was busy. Unfortunately we were sat by the toilets so the atmosphere/surroundings were a little ruined even though I had rang beforehand saying it was for a celebration but the rest of the place seemed nice. Price was a little on the high side but it is in the middle of soho and so it was to be expected. We spent £30-40pp including a few drinks. Would recommend Patara to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...RachelDined on 24/9/2014The food was excellent, tasty and flavourful. Lovely room, great ambiance. But, we had a reservation at 9:30 and as soon as we sat down we were being told when last orders were. The waitress seem to want to leave before we did! When I booked on open table it mentioned having the table for 2 hours. the restaurant should explain to that staff that just because they are late diners, they have every right to enjoy a leisurely meal. Luckily our first waitress was replaced and we managed to have an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceHoneybeeDined on 24/9/2014Staff are attentive ; service is excellent. Food is lovely. One of my favourite restaurants in London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I already want to eat there againAliMDined on 20/9/2014Coming from Australia I am use to good easily available Thai. This is the first Thai restaurant in London that I want to come back to and would recommend to others. The thai green chicken curry was delicious and balanced perfectly. The black cod was good, but I think next time I will try the deep fried sea bass. The only let down was the dumplings, with only one of the three being very good. Service perfect and price equals the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great ambienceApoorv03VIPDined on 19/9/2014Food was great (slightly oily). Ambience was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is excellent and consistent!KikiDined on 13/9/2014I made the last minute booking on Saturday and got a table at 21:15. Definitely thrilled since I wanted to make an impression on my friends who have just moved to London. The food was excellent and consistent! The Satay trio, papaya salad and green are always the favourite. I am always the only vegetarian in the group hence love it when they have dedicated vegetarian menu to impress. My only gripe about the evening was the fact they messed but our wine order, they didn't over charge but certainly made it clear that they were doing us a 'favour'. We didn't argue further and continued with our evening. It was very crowded and considering that, the service was good overall.Special Features:
- PoorHofty14Dined on 13/9/2014Recommended, however whole experience was poor. Long waits for food, raw lamb, order taken incorrectly, I could go on. And then to have the audacity to put a tip on the bill!! Won't be back.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014The service and the standard of food was exemplary, would 100% recommend this restauarant to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingKashDined on 12/9/2014I thought I had booked the restaurant with a special offer but when we arrived there was no note of it, i.e. I hadn't ticked the box for the offer. The staff informed us but without any problem let us have the offer anyway. The food was great and the service was very good indeed. We did get asked to vacate the table but it was after our 2 hour allocation was up and we were then taken to a table in the bar where we finished our drinks at leisure. I would definitely recommend this restaurant - customer satisfaction is obviously very important to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goof food but poor serviceThaionFridayDined on 12/9/2014The food is nice and tasty but expensive overall. The service is poor and patchy. We were a large group and they gave us a decent table and didnt rush us through dinner which the group appreciated.
- That treat in SohobambiDined on 9/9/2014A lovely place in the heart of soho. Excellent service and great food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CatCDined on 6/9/2014I'd read the reviews prior to going, the food was amazing but what surprised me was the service that (compared to reviews) was very attentive, I don't like people bothering me too quickly, they had the timing just right in my opinion. Like I said the food was amazing and I will definitely be going back, lovely!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value, Service and FoodSteveDined on 6/9/2014Had been to this restaurant once before and was delighted to return for equally great service and food. Best Thai Fine Dining Option in Soho.
- Solid but not amazing-good locationNadiaDined on 6/9/2014Food is average to good but nothing to write home about..think of it as a solid central london thai option and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very rushedLee123Dined on 5/9/2014Went here for a birthday meal last week. Was asked if we were ready to order within a few mins and the food came out very quick! Within 1hr 20 we had eaten 3 courses and paid the bill! A large group was awaiting a table and we felt rushed out the door to accommodate them. The food was good but I wouldn't say much if any better than run of the mill thai restaurants. I had added a request to see if they could do anything for a birthday such as a special request and this was ignored. All in all not impressedSpecial Features:
- Very goodDawniebirdDined on 4/9/2014I visited here recently with friends. We had the set meal which we were all very pleased with. The choice was good and the food was well presented and very tasty. The staff were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine ThaiSarahDined on 1/9/2014We had dinner here before our theatre show and I had not booked the pre-theatre menu. We were served promptly and our food as very good, however portion sizes were on the small side. We really enjoyed ourselves, I had been to the restaurant previously however the other two people were impressed with the food and service. initally we were the only people in the restaurant as it was 6pm but after half an hour there was more of an atmosphere. The only thing to mention that would have been helpful is if they had given us a jug of water as we had to keep asking them to fill our glasses as we did have some spicy dishes!Special Features:
- Something DifferentTripperDined on 31/8/2014As a couple from the US, we found the food here a bit different than the Thai cuisine we're used to, but definitely interesting and of high quality. The servers were gracious, but there were several instances of miscommunication. The setting is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurphyDined on 30/8/2014Nice restaurant. Friendly efficient service. But vegetarian curry was a bit light - tasted nice but not very much content in the sauce. Pad thai was good. Good but not exceptional food overall. Didn't feel particularly good value for money as a result.Special Features:
- excellentAnonDined on 30/8/2014We went as a group of 6 and had a wonderful time. We had the £28 set menu and the food was plentiful and there was a huge selection including scallops and king prawns which is very rare for a set menu. We will definitely be back! thank youSpecial Features:
- Almost perfectsimplesailorDined on 30/8/2014Food was excellent and a lovely venue. Slight frustration that they were a few minutes late opening (staff training/meeting) and they already cut it fine to get a meal in pre theatre. Also the pre theatre menu only appeared as we were about to order from the a la carte (perhaps I should have asked). Small niggles on what was otherwise a very good experience and good value for Soho.Special Features:
- Patara Aug 14`angusDined on 30/8/2014The restaurant fixtures and fittings were authentic, the food was superb, and decent portions. The service was slow, which was surprising given the restaurant was very quiet. Presentation of the bill was the speediest service of the day. I would recommend for the food, but not for the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, poor servicePaulTDined on 29/8/2014The food was well presented, although not as tastie as I had hoped for. I went for the lamb shank curry, which was delicious, but my partner went for the lobster Pad Thai special, which was extremely disappointing - the lobster was very small and stone cold. The service was poor and the waitress seemed somewhat annoyed that we requested a few extra minutes when she first came to take our order. Based on our experience, I wasn't impressed that the restaurant adds a 12.5% service charge to the bill. Unfortunately, we won't be paying this restaurant another visit.