Patara - Soho
15 Greek Street
London, W1D 4DPNeighborhood:
ThaiPrice: £26 to £40
Patara - Soho
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pataralondon.com/
- Phone: 02074371071x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 12pm to 2.30pm, 6.00pm to 10:30pm
Thursday - Saturday 12pm to 2-30pm, 6:00pm to 11:00pm
Sunday: 6:00pm to 10:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access
A word from Patara - Soho
One of a family of worldwide restaurants, London’s Patara restaurant brings sophisticated Thai dining to Soho’s Greek Street. Tastefully decorated with plenty of atmosphere thanks to subdued lighting, huge pots of orchids, flickering candles, silk-covered banquettes and Thai figurines inlaid with glass mosaic tiles, it’s ideal for a romantic dinner for two. The Patara kitchen is ambitious, producing excellent creations of classic Thai cuisine like tom yum goong soup; beef with green curry and;, of course, pad Thai noodles. The service is renowned for its excellence and the wine list begins at a reasonably-priced level. Someone in the kitchen has an eye for beauty, too, because at Patara restaurant each dish is exquisitely arranged to delight your eye as well as your palate. Patara Thai restaurant is a haven from Soho’s scruffiness; a glamorous, romantic, authentic, professional spot for an excellent dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
Patara - Soho - Best restaurants in Soho ›
Patara - Soho reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since 19 May 2014
fit for foodies (93)romance (86)special occasions (86)business meals (74)pre/post theatre (69)group bookings (53)good vegetarian options (35)outstanding value (10)sunday lunch (5)brunch (4)afternoon tea (3)outdoor eating (2)disabled access (2)Show More
- Food is excellent and consistent!KikiDined on 13/9/2014I made the last minute booking on Saturday and got a table at 21:15. Definitely thrilled since I wanted to make an impression on my friends who have just moved to London. The food was excellent and consistent! The Satay trio, papaya salad and green are always the favourite. I am always the only vegetarian in the group hence love it when they have dedicated vegetarian menu to impress. My only gripe about the evening was the fact they messed but our wine order, they didn't over charge but certainly made it clear that they were doing us a 'favour'. We didn't argue further and continued with our evening. It was very crowded and considering that, the service was good overall.Special Features:
- PoorHofty14Dined on 13/9/2014Recommended, however whole experience was poor. Long waits for food, raw lamb, order taken incorrectly, I could go on. And then to have the audacity to put a tip on the bill!! Won't be back.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/9/2014The service and the standard of food was exemplary, would 100% recommend this restauarant to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingKashDined on 12/9/2014I thought I had booked the restaurant with a special offer but when we arrived there was no note of it, i.e. I hadn't ticked the box for the offer. The staff informed us but without any problem let us have the offer anyway. The food was great and the service was very good indeed. We did get asked to vacate the table but it was after our 2 hour allocation was up and we were then taken to a table in the bar where we finished our drinks at leisure. I would definitely recommend this restaurant - customer satisfaction is obviously very important to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goof food but poor serviceThaionFridayDined on 12/9/2014The food is nice and tasty but expensive overall. The service is poor and patchy. We were a large group and they gave us a decent table and didnt rush us through dinner which the group appreciated.
- That treat in SohobambiDined on 9/9/2014A lovely place in the heart of soho. Excellent service and great food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value, Service and FoodSteveDined on 6/9/2014Had been to this restaurant once before and was delighted to return for equally great service and food. Best Thai Fine Dining Option in Soho.
- Very rushedLee123Dined on 5/9/2014Went here for a birthday meal last week. Was asked if we were ready to order within a few mins and the food came out very quick! Within 1hr 20 we had eaten 3 courses and paid the bill! A large group was awaiting a table and we felt rushed out the door to accommodate them. The food was good but I wouldn't say much if any better than run of the mill thai restaurants. I had added a request to see if they could do anything for a birthday such as a special request and this was ignored. All in all not impressedSpecial Features:
- Fine ThaiSarahDined on 1/9/2014We had dinner here before our theatre show and I had not booked the pre-theatre menu. We were served promptly and our food as very good, however portion sizes were on the small side. We really enjoyed ourselves, I had been to the restaurant previously however the other two people were impressed with the food and service. initally we were the only people in the restaurant as it was 6pm but after half an hour there was more of an atmosphere. The only thing to mention that would have been helpful is if they had given us a jug of water as we had to keep asking them to fill our glasses as we did have some spicy dishes!Special Features:
- Something DifferentTripperDined on 31/8/2014As a couple from the US, we found the food here a bit different than the Thai cuisine we're used to, but definitely interesting and of high quality. The servers were gracious, but there were several instances of miscommunication. The setting is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurphyDined on 30/8/2014Nice restaurant. Friendly efficient service. But vegetarian curry was a bit light - tasted nice but not very much content in the sauce. Pad thai was good. Good but not exceptional food overall. Didn't feel particularly good value for money as a result.Special Features:
- excellentAnonDined on 30/8/2014We went as a group of 6 and had a wonderful time. We had the £28 set menu and the food was plentiful and there was a huge selection including scallops and king prawns which is very rare for a set menu. We will definitely be back! thank youSpecial Features:
- Almost perfectsimplesailorDined on 30/8/2014Food was excellent and a lovely venue. Slight frustration that they were a few minutes late opening (staff training/meeting) and they already cut it fine to get a meal in pre theatre. Also the pre theatre menu only appeared as we were about to order from the a la carte (perhaps I should have asked). Small niggles on what was otherwise a very good experience and good value for Soho.Special Features:
- Patara Aug 14`angusDined on 30/8/2014The restaurant fixtures and fittings were authentic, the food was superb, and decent portions. The service was slow, which was surprising given the restaurant was very quiet. Presentation of the bill was the speediest service of the day. I would recommend for the food, but not for the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, poor servicePaulTDined on 29/8/2014The food was well presented, although not as tastie as I had hoped for. I went for the lamb shank curry, which was delicious, but my partner went for the lobster Pad Thai special, which was extremely disappointing - the lobster was very small and stone cold. The service was poor and the waitress seemed somewhat annoyed that we requested a few extra minutes when she first came to take our order. Based on our experience, I wasn't impressed that the restaurant adds a 12.5% service charge to the bill. Unfortunately, we won't be paying this restaurant another visit.
- Excellent first visitCharlesVDined on 27/8/2014After a visit to London matinee we looked for a convenient Thai restaurant before heading home. We liked what we read of Patara and were not disappointed. We managed to dine off the pre-theatre menu, food choice was wide and the wine list looked interesting. We had an Argentinian Malbec which was excellent and the quality and portion sizes were just right for our taste. will certainly eat there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- set menuJacinaDined on 24/8/2014we went with friends - the food was excellent. We had the set menu which was very pleasing. I feel that the Soho restaurant looks a little worse for wear, the bathrooms are a little less tidy and overall probably due to the high traffic volume things also look a bit more worn. Service was good, would have like to have been offered chopsticks; we were having the set meal for £29 each a head. The slow braised beef was 10/10, the desert not brilliant. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Perfectly finemuncher82Dined on 23/8/2014Booked relatively late notice for a Saturday night meal with friends in Soho. Service was attentive and particularly on the ball for a friend with food allergies. Drinks and food were perfectly decent but nothing special, particularly for the price. Would be happy to go again, but wouldn't rush back.
- Wonderful foodYayfornotbeingonadietDined on 21/8/2014We booked this restaurant for a dinner with my parents - at first they could not find the reservation in their system and kept us waiting for a while, but then the system was updated and they apologised for any inconvenience. The food - well, this IS Patara, so it was as awesome as ever. 'These Thai people really know food' - to quote my father for whom it takes the likes of a country invasion to get impressed. We had an amazing time and the food is delicious. Well recommended.Special Features:
- Great Thai restaurantbambiDined on 19/8/2014Such a great find in the heart of Soho. The only place I've found that really has the whole Thai experience in terms of service and elegance. Great food. Well worth it. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate venue, more touches neededTheBaronDined on 18/8/2014Booked a meal for our first wedding anniversary. The first time we ate out in London when we started dating was in Patara so it held an emotional attachment for us. There was a choice of a la carte or a tasting menu, and we opted for the latter at a very reasonable £28 including a glass of Prosecco. We had a table for two, lighting was subdued but still sufficient to see what we were eating, lots of other couples attending too. The tables were a little small but not unduly so. We started off with prawn crackers, fresh, crunchy, but.........no dip. Similarly when the appetisers arrived they were reasonable (the soft shell crab sadly was a bit greasy, and the chicken skewers slightly bland), but once again no dipping sauces. Dessert excellentSpecial Features:
- Always a Great Experience!QT94Dined on 16/8/2014Always have a splendid time at this restaurant. The food is so unique and high quality, and absolutely any of the traditional Thai dishes can be ordered off-menu. Even the non-traditional ones! Like the food, the service is custom-made. I went with a friend for his birthday and called in advance to make sure they didn't give him the bill at the end (you know how guys are!), and they decided to give him a free chocolate molten cake before the bill came based on that call. And of course, the atmosphere is lovely :) works for dates as well as casual friend/family dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at PatarafinedinersDined on 14/8/2014We booked the Open Table offer of the Taste of Patara set menu and a glass of prosecco. The mixed starter was excellent - and there was plenty of options for choice of mains. We ordered beef and king prawns, which came with rice and mixed vegetables - they were all delicious. The lemongrass creme brulee was nearly as good as the mains. The service was excellent. Our first experience at this restaurant was very enjoyable - and we are looking forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Great for pre-theatreMrG01Dined on 11/8/2014Booked there last minute before a West End Show on a Monday night. Not very busy so food came really quickly. Stunning food, especially the beef in the Chef's recommendations. Will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as usual!Luby23Dined on 10/8/2014We visit this restaurant every time we come to London which is 2 or 3 times a year. It never disappoints. The staff are really pleasant and the ambience relaxed and comfortable. The food is is delicious, packed full of flavour and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very poor servicereviewsmatterDined on 9/8/2014I am an absolute fan of Patara in Maddox street - the chef is amazinly good and the staff professional and very welcoming. Patara - Soho was a disappointment. Food is still good but the most suprising element of this experience was the unpolite and unprofessional behaviour of the staff. We had dinner on a Saturday night 22:30 pm (please note that bookings are available until 22:45pm and for 2 hrs slots) but at 23:15 staff started to collect our table promptly, cleaning everything and brought the bill without being asked. This is not acceptable for a restaurant that claims a certain quality of service. Sincerely, my dinner ended on a rush and negative note and I will not be going back.
- Very fine food!sirenalarmeDined on 9/8/2014I think this restaurant is excellent. I have been there several times and all the dishes I have tried are very tasty, full of flavours and delicately prepared, a lot of herbs and spices. The service is swift and friendly. Only dark spot is that you can book only two hours spot and you will be (gently) reminded of it if you stay too long.Special Features:
- ServiceFoodloverDined on 8/8/2014Pre-meal drinks arrived AFTER starter. Ordered wine arrived almost AFTER half the meal was finished. I assume this was one-off but I was certainly put off recommending it. Only wish their service was as good as their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Slow ServiceVincefromMuswellHillDined on 6/8/2014We went to Patara for a catch up after not seeing each other for years. As anticipated, the food was excellent (really loved the Thai tacos and the tuna tartar appetisers). However, it did take quite a bit of time for service - it was very busy for a Wednesday night, and some of the staff weren't able to answer our questions/requests due to language barriers. That said, I'd go back here in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday dinnerSpice59Dined on 2/8/2014Two of our party of 4 were very late but the staff kept our table on a very busy Friday and made us welcome. The service was efficient and prompt. Food was as excellent as we've had before here; very fresh and zesty as Thai cuisine should be, and interesting menu to choose from. Reasonable price for the quality, and nice decor and ambiance. Can recommend wholeheartedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceBSCLondon1911Dined on 2/8/2014From start to finish, dinner at the Patara was an elegant experience. The staff were fantastic, friendly and warm and in no way intrusive. The food was wonderful and beautifully presented. The surroundings and ambience delightful. We are regular visitors to Thailand and the Patara’s welcome in London was simply lovely. Thank you everyone. We will be back!Special Features:
- Gem tucked away in SohoKWhallDined on 2/8/2014I went to Patara on the weekend with two friends. I am a vegetarian and I found the food to be excellent. It was a pleasant surprise to be so spoilt for choice, and both my starter and main were flavourful and beautifully presented. My friends had a selection of meat starters and mains, which they loved. The food was full of flavour and the cocktails were delightful. The staff were friendly and attentive, although it was a shame we were not allowed to keep a jug of water on the table (instead we had to get the attention of a server to refill our glasses frequently). Overall a great dining experience - I would definitely go back again, although only with a voucher as a starter, main and one drink came to £38.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening mealAnonymousDined on 31/7/2014We came to this restaurant for dinner and really enjoyed the ambiance, friendly service, and great food. The seabass in particular is mouthwatering.Special Features:
- Poor servicefood4thoughtsDined on 30/7/2014I have been a loyal customer of Patara for last 5 years. I have brought many friends and business clients to this restaurant. I am very dissappointed to say the service is well below standards. I took a valued business client here for lunch I am embarrassed that I suggested this venue. We were practically the only table there at lunch, but still had to call for service to order drinks, order food and needed to remind them to bring teas twice.Special Features:
- Great place, I'll definitely returnNatBurnsDined on 29/7/2014The food was brilliant and the prices aren't bad. The service was slow, but responsive. Overall, great place for authentic Thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ThaiKirstyDined on 29/7/2014Presentation was outstanding - and the food was super delicious! We took clients there and they loved the variety of food and the whole experience....will definitely go back,Special Features:
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 26/7/2014Due to huge number restaurants in Central London thought we would narrow it down through Opentable (first time used this facility). We were not disappointed, lovely meal and service, good, cosy atmosphere away from the bustle. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice indeedtigger72Dined on 26/7/2014Went with 3 friends and we decided on Patara Soho... very nice restaurant food was good and service was welcoming. Would go back again to enjoy the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food but not really interestingOKOatMaerskDined on 26/7/2014The food was OK but priced too high in respect to quality. The service was a bit inexperienced resulting in wrong bills to both us and the neighbouring table. They were sweet and nice but an overhaul of service quality is required if they wish to be oriced as one of London's top Thai restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Superb experiencePablosDined on 21/7/2014First time at the restaurant on recommendation of others. First, the bar area is lovely - very stylish and chilled - a real haven from the bustle of Soho outside. Second, the service is wonderful - really friendly and nothing too much trouble. But the main thing is the food - the nicest thai we have ever eaten...traditional yet stylish, and full of flavour.Special Features: