1 Market Street
Nottingham, NG13 0BWNeighbourhood:
BritishPrice: £25 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://pauls-restaurant.co.uk/
- Phone: 01949842375
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12.00PM - 2:00PM,
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00PM - 9:30PM.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Pauls Restaurant
Paul’s Restaurant have been serving contemporary cuisine for the last 8 years in the heart of Bottesford, Nottinghamshire. Along with our formal restaurant we have a wine lounge which is a relaxed place to spend the evening. We have a large selection of wines, beers and non-alcoholic beverages with a range of teas and coffees available. We can accommodate for small to medium sized functions or parties on request and can accommodate all budgets with our range of menus. With our mesmerising selection of wines and honest British food Pauls Restaurant aims to please.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pauls Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since 3 June 2014
special occasions (16)fit for foodies (15)romance (11)outstanding value (10)group bookings (9)sunday lunch (6)business meals (5)outdoor eating (4)good vegetarian options (3)brunch (1)afternoon tea (1)disabled access (1)Show More
- Good NewsFatboyDined on 21/6/2014This is the second time I have eaten at Paul's recently. I have not been disappointed either time. The food has been superb, the atmosphere and service excellent. It is expensive but for that quality and level of service I don't mind paying that bit extra. I would consider it good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJulianDined on 20/6/2014Went for our lunch . The food choice was superb, the setting and quality matches any I have had and excellent service. My wife is gluten free. Paul said no problem and we was given advice. Nothing was too much trouble. Will def returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!marlockerDined on 22/5/2014Haven't been to Paul's for a few years. We were extremely pleased with our meal. The food was excellent in all respects.Special Features:
- Food, ambience and service superbjohnbukDined on 17/5/2014This is a local restaurant for us and we are regular attendees. Personally we prefer dining in the Wine Bar (it's smaller and more "cosy") although the main restaurant is fine. This time we had a table for 4 outside on the patio as it was a beautiful warm sunny evening. There is an excellent choice from two menus including a vegetarian option. There isn't usually an issue if one wishes to "mix and match" from the menus anyway. Service throughout was excellent, even down to sampling some wine as we could not decide which bottle to choose after the first round. The bill for 4 with wine throughout including desert wine came to £150 inc gratuity - which we consider to be very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal for fourCroquetchickDined on 30/1/2014Service was excellent. We had to make a change to the meal time as our friends were travelling up from Bristol and got delayed. They were great about making the change which meant we were starting to dine between 8:50 to 9:00 pm. Despite the lateness we never felt rushed. Usual very good service. Be warned though if you choose the risotto as a starter you may not have much room left for mains! The trouble is that the risottos are usually excellent. Menu always has several dishes which I would like and this makes decisions difficult. I have always enjoyed my meals here whether dining as a pair or in a large group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had excellent meal anddeerhunterDined on 20/12/2013we had excellent meal and service all at a good price excellent staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous well cooked foodDuckDiDined on 21/11/2013Went to Paul's with a group of business friends. The restaurant is wonderful, fabulous choice, well cooked delicious food, reasonably priced midweek menu, would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE ROOMS ARE ALL SMALL ANDNIGHTOWLDININGDined on 8/11/2013THE ROOMS ARE ALL SMALL AND COSY STARTERS WHERE VERY GOOD , ONE RUMP STEAK VERY TOUGH BUT THE FILLET STEAK WS FINE . WOULD CERTAINLY GO AGAIN AND THE PRICES WHERE VERY GOOD .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for special occasions.scoobyDined on 15/10/2013This restaurant is one of the best I have visited. The food is fantastic, the surroundings were excellent and the service was too! All staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help you enjoy the evening. There is a set menu which is good value for money and if you are eating between 6pm and 7pm it is even better. I ordered 3 courses from this menu and it was £14. For this type of quality food and surroundings it is difficult to beat. If you take your wife though budget for her ordering off the a la carte :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening mealstopclassDined on 11/10/2013Have been to pauls a number of times, never been disappointed, first class in all areas from start to finish, a great relaxed atmosphere, food superb, would recommend very highly to all, john jamesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul's restaurant has an exceptionatykeDined on 10/10/2013Paul's restaurant has an exceptionally good value early evening menu. The food as always is of the highest quality & cooked to perfection. In particular the beef was extremely tender. The only disadvantage of going for the early evening menu is that there were no other diners which means you need to create your own atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youBambiDined on 2/10/2013Thank you so much for our lovely meal we had on Wednesday night. The food was excellent and the service was great. Nothing was too much trouble and we were not rushed in anyway. Will cwertainly be booking again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 114 reviews are from the Pauls Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good food long waitsfinediner45Dined on 27/9/2013We visited on a friday evening which usually means some waiting times when busy. Well for a friday it wasn't really busy we arrived on time & the place only had a couple of other customers but were led to some lounge to look over menus. We wanted our table. Granted we were given a couple of appetizers (could have had a couple more) even after ordering we were left sitting in the lounge area (why can't we be seated?????) Anyway the food was great & the ambience was pleasant. The waiting staff were polite & eager to please however the wait between courses was verging on ridiculous. This could sometimes be understood when a place is packed with customers but only ourselves & two other couples were there. All in all a 8 outta 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvellous eveningpjbraddersDined on 24/9/2013We went to Paul's to celebrate my daughter's recent wedding and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. This is the second time we have dined here and on both occasions the food, service and atmosphere were perfect. We are looking forward to Christmas Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem...ScofferDined on 5/9/2013Who would have thought from the small frontage that such a stylish dining experience could be had. Excellent food, service and comfortable surroundings make Paul's somewhere we'll be going back to!Special Features:
- Highly recommendedfowlerdee2013Dined on 6/8/2013I would highly recommend this restaurant, food always out standingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th birthdayjes24Dined on 3/8/2013My partner and I had a very nice evening at Pauls on the 3rd of August. We live locally but hadn't been here for a number of years - pre the addition of the wine bar. We both ordered fish dishes which were excellent; the fish was obviously fresh and good quality. The service was excellent, attentive but without making us feel hurried. The decor and atmosphere in the restaurant was stylish and tasteful with the feel of an intimate restaurant rather than a large and much noisier environment, with too many diners crammed in. It was a special occasion for my partner and he wasn't disappointed with my choice. Thanks very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value Sunset MenuItsdarkinhereDined on 2/7/2013Between 6&7pm this menu is available. Good choice of 3 courses and beautiful tasty food. Great time. Thanks AndrewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant lunch for three.cheekybeeDined on 9/6/2013Really nice seating area outside - shame the weather precluded us taking advantage of it.. Good car parking (as long as you're early). Warm welcome, well prepared, cooked and presented food at a very reasonable price. The quality of the meat was especially good The grey pound obviously rules at lunch times as we're late 50's and we were amongst the youngest in the place. However it didn't spoil the ambience and there was a very friendly and caring atmosphere between the staff and many of the diners. Clean and pleasant conveniences, which is always a sign of a caring establishment. The Wine Lounge looked nice but empty when we visited. We'll be happy to go back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3* is an average of v good and poorTomasoDined on 15/5/2013I might not bother to return for such a mixed experience. Is Pauls a restaurant, or a serving hatch for some catering company's ready meals? 1 great waitress and a local lad who treated us as a block on his way to pay day. When we wanted to get the bill, no waiter to be seen. From the mid-week menu, a tasty Trout on asparagus but Chicken with piri-piri spices had no chili, so chef sent bottled sweet chili sauce. Chicken in pancetta with lentils was delicious, the lamb was perfect but the delicious smoky flavour in its "Moroccan style chickpea casserole" was bottled barbecue sauce! Belgian chocolate terrine seemed cut off a factory pack, served with “not chocolate” sauce. The top of Orange and Grand Marnier tart tasted greatSpecial Features:
- Paul's Pukka ProvisionsdinebomberDined on 23/4/2013Wish we had a neighbourhood brasserie like this one: GOod food, GOod wine, GOod service, GOod value.............GO. Of particular note; the food was served 'oven-hot', thereby letting the diner choose when [s]he eats it rather than 'room temp' where, if you don't gobble it down, it's 'cold' before you know it. Wish lots of other establishments would show this level of customer orientation.Special Features:
- Friendly, helpful staff ,BaileyDined on 16/3/2013Friendly, helpful staff , great food and good wine. Will definitely be returning .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family CelebrationLamentationsDined on 9/3/2013We have been to Pauls on a number of occasions, and have never been dissappointed - and we weren't on our latest visit (March 2013) eitherSpecial Features:
- Family celebration mealGrouchoDined on 2/3/2013We were delighted with the entire experience from the moment we arrived where we were invited to make our menu selection whilst enjoying nibbles and drinks. Then into the lovely dining area which is beautifully decorated and roomy, service was impeccable. Food was delicious, everyone in the party really enjoyed their selected courses. The choice by the way was wide with a number if vegetarian and fish courses. Excellent value for money and perfect portion sizes. A real gem of a place tucked away in my local area, and we will all definitely be returning for more. Also to add that using the online booking was great, hassle free and good communication with a reminder email dropping in my inbox the day before. THANKYOUSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- how it was for usfoodietwosDined on 16/2/2013Lovely canapes & starters although only 2 scallops - a bit mean for most expensive starter. 2 out of 4 mains good but salmon v salty & over smoked - it clashed with the soy dressing & stir fried veg. Light sticky toffee pud & v good cheesecake tho' Grand Marnier wasnt strong enough. Lovely truffles & coffee to finish & staff reduced bill to compensate for poor salmon mains. However would have preferred to have good quality main. Good selection of wines at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Paul's worth a detour!tobyDined on 6/1/2013Although not exactly central Nottingham - easy to get to and well worth the drive! Relaxed seating area for pre-dinner drinks Excellent service - helpful but not intrusive and a good atmosphere, light and airy but 'busy' Food - we had Sunday lunch, a good range of starters and main courses, traditional roasts but also Fish pie, Venison casserole and a pasta dish so varied, good vegetables and puddings Big portions, so very filling, but all good quality We would love to go back for dinner in the evening - it also has an outside areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place to celebrateMurdenkDined on 31/12/2012Paul's Restaurant is always a hit whether it is dining for Business or Pleasure. Anyone who has not yet experienced dining here should do so, as it combines simply elequent dining with a range of fine wines, and all in a very unassuming and friendly atmosphere. There is real character within the restaurant that gives a real homely ambiance to make anyone feel welcome. There is also a well stocked Wine Lounge adjoining the main restaurant which serves as an excellent aperitif or area to relax post meal. Our guests were very complimentary on the choice of venue, and even more so when the food arrived, all cooked to perfection and presented with great attention to detail. A fantastic restaurant that comes highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am a resident of BottesfordDavidPDined on 28/12/2012I am a resident of Bottesford and eat at Paul's several times a year, usually to share a Sunday lunch or evening meal with family so that we can talk rather than worry about cooking and clearing up. We have never had anything but great food and service. There aren't many other places I know where you can get fresh food prepared by a quality chef for the kind of prices charged.Special Features:
- Evening DinnerJaneemDined on 12/12/2012Usually we four business colleagues take lunch together, so this was a first for us. I wondered, out of the workplace, how we would fair - but the food, ambiance and service guaranteed success! Fabulous evening, thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special dayme2youDined on 1/12/2012As this was our first time at Pauls , it was my special day, the restaurant was stunning for me, it made that special day the food was just devine, I had Salmon with roasted vegetables in a sweet chilli sauce. My partner had Steak with divine chips and plenty of vegetables followed by Lemon and orange cheese cake and lemon curd ice cream, wow. we wasn't rushed, we had a relaxing lunch we are looking forward to going again and take our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday MealKatyDined on 5/10/2012Was very disappointed! Our friends had checked the website menu and wanted to order something similar Butnothing represented that went with fillet steak the chips were hard and not cooked through I ordered off the al a carte the rolled lamb which was hard on the top like it had been grilled - asked for the chef's recommended wine they didn't have it and they did not have black currant juice for our driver As we had been asked at the beginning of the meal -we did not complain but pointed it out to the waitress as a message to the chef who said nothing - so no follow up at all When we came to leave I discovered my leather jacket had been hung on a peg by the leather not the hang loop provided - very slack and unprofessional
- excellentBigJDined on 8/9/2012Another excellent meal at Pauls. As ever the food was excellent. my only gripe is the mustard mash was out of proportion with my pork, black pudding and apple fritter. much too much oc it. the service as always was excellent, not too pushy just attentive enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paul's is a very pleasanttykeDined on 30/8/2012Paul's is a very pleasant place to eat. The food is very well prepared & presented. The fixed price weekday menu only has one vegetarian option for each course but the menu is very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meals with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012Hi went to Pauls with friends who have not dined there before. Had Sunset 3 course for £15 menu. Staff =very friendly & welcoming. Midweek evening but several diners there. Starters =we had lime/coriander chicken salad (balsamic overbearing & couldn't find any coriander). Mains of haddock served on spicey carrot pancake was bland, pancake =v stodgy & sauce (?) was unappetising. All cooked fresh but didn't quite deliver. Lamb liver dish & veg were all fine. Berry cheesecake = jelly with cream in & set compote on top! Quite flavourless/greasy with 6 fresh berries as garnish! Lemon curd icecream divine tho, yum. We had a pleasant evening & would return but the descriptions need to have some bearing on the very well presented, plated food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a mid-week lunch. TheMaryDined on 1/8/2012We had a mid-week lunch. The ambience would probably have been better in the wine lounge.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night to rememberpjbraddersDined on 20/7/2012Booked as an anniversary treat Paul's did not disappoint. From the moment we arrived and the attentive but discrete service we were made to feel special. The large tables and ample space made it an intimate experience. The food couldn't be faulted and the house champagne a treat and great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Meal, Welcoming & Warm Stafflaurettahoe11Dined on 29/6/2012I went with a friend, and we had the 3 course meal for around £25, was absolutely beautiful. We usually go to commercial named restaurants but tried here as a change, Glad we did! Everyone was so warm and welcoming, and made us feel so comfortable. Would absolutely go back again, the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,friendly welcomeAvocetDined on 23/5/2012Paul's restaurant serves food cooked to a high standard and is very good value.The staff are always friendly and polite and the restaurant is comfortable and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Quality RestaurantdougglosDined on 12/5/2012I visit Nottingham (from my home in Hertfordshire) four or five times a year, and would never miss an evening at Paul's in Bottesford. The food is recommendation enough, but added to that are a lovely ambience, and a very high standard of service. Very much looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were making a return visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 29/4/2012We were making a return visit to Bottesford having lived there 30 years earlier for several years. We had a wonderful lunch with great food and a lovely time remembering our time in the village. JCSpecial Features: